Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

40 Burt Dr, Deer Park, NY (631) 242-0042

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Amanda N

From the moment we met with Frankie and Scott at Dancejock, we knew that we had finally found a team that we wanted to work with. They were personable, professional, honest and straightforward; not pushy or high pressure at all (like some of the other DJ’s that we had met with... Read More and were turned off by). It was so convenient to find a top-notch company that was able to handle so many of our specific, custom needs for our wedding. Through Dancejock, we were able to book our harpist for the ceremony (Sylvia, who played our requested songs beautifully) and our percussionist (Justin - who was AWESOME and took the party to the next level) for the reception. We were able to rent a state-of-the-art photo booth that instantly printed unlimited pictures for our guests. Scott had our step and repeat made with our custom monograms for the backdrop, which came out FANTASTIC! Everyone was lining up for pictures……and the best part was that we were provided with copies of all of them! Through CAD drawings made of the venue, Scott virtually designed an beautiful and practical lounge area that we were able to preview before committing to. We were so glad to have moved forward with this, as it was an AMAZING touch that our guests not only utilized, but also admired. To go along with our custom monogram theme, Scott had a vinyl decal made for the front of the DJ booth and had our monogram playing on the side screens. He also was able to integrate our custom design into the Gobo light that was projected onto the dance floor that everyone was on – ALL NIGHT LONG thanks to then PHENOMENAL music! Our guests have not stopped raving about all of the amazing extras that we were able to provide them with through Dancejock. A HUGE thanks to the team for making our day as fun, memorable and special as it was! We will certainly be calling and recommending Dancejock for any and all upcoming needs that arise.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Erin R

My husband and I just got married on October 8th and a family member suggested Dancejock to us and it was one of the best pieces of advice we got through the whole wedding process! Frankie Vega and his team were amazing from start to finish and extremely accommodating with our... Read More budget and schedules to get everything sorted out for the big day! When the day arrived, we couldn't have asked for a better emcee or DJ - and the photographer they had with them was top notch! We even booked a photobooth with them and the entire night, they made sure that we were happy with the music selection, the scheduling, they even organized an album for us with all the photobooth images and handed us a USB of all the photos they had taken at the end of the night so my hubby and I could look at all the great shots as soon as we were able. We've received so many compliments about the music selections and just how FUN everything was the entire night. We couldn't have asked for better service, better packages, and better people to help us along through this whole process. If you're looking for a DJ - seriously consider Dancejock and you will not be disappointed with the service and attention you received from the moment you sign a contract to the day of the wedding. Any big party we have in the future, or any couple we know that's getting married - we're keeping these guys in mind.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Brittany S

I wish I could give more than 5 stars for Dancejock!! They were incredible from the moment I stepped into their offices. As someone who is a total control freak, Scott and Frankie made me feel 100% at ease and I felt I could trust them completely with taking care of all of the... Read More entertainment needs for my wedding. As soon as we sat with Frankie at our first meeting, we knew we HAD to have him as our MC. He was personable, professional, and had a great energy. After that first meeting, things only got better. They were in contact with me every step of the way because of them my wedding was more than I ever imagined it could be. Through Dancejock, we also booked our live musicians for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and I was blown away by every single one of them. The harpist Sylvia played at our ceremony and played every song I wanted from Elvis Presley to Beauty and the Beast beautifully. Our cocktail singer and guitarist Michael was amazing as well! The violinist, Alex, played during dinner and the entire reception and he was AMAZING! (A friend even asked him to play the Game of Thrones theme song and he did it perfectly and the entire room went wild!) Last, the drummer Justin- I can not say enough amazing things about him. He brought the party to a whole new level. He was on the dance floor with our guests adding so much energy and fun the entire night! HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL OF THEM!! During the reception we had lighting that was absolutely crazy. They even had it coming down from the catwalk above our dance floor, plus a Co2 cannon that shot cool air over the top of the dance floor which was a huge hit. They customized the fronts of the DJ booths with a beautiful wedding backdrop, our initials, and our pictures which was such a beautiful touch that made it even more personalized. We also got their photo booth which everyone loved when they needed a break from dancing. One of my favorite things we got from Dancejock though, was the 16x9 foot video wall. IT WAS UNREAL! The quality was incredible. We played our montage on it, and throughout the night zaps and professional shots from our photographer were displayed on it. It also showed father/daughter & mother/son photos during the parent danced which I loved. They said this wall was pretty new and I was the first wedding they would be using it at and it was SO WORTH IT. I am still getting phone calls asking me “Who was the guy on the mic?!”. I can’t say enough how INCREDIBLE our MC Frankie was. Like I said, he was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding, but that day he was better than we even imagined. All of our guests are raving about his professionalism saying “he wasn’t your typical annoying MC”. He had our entire night organized and running smoothly. Our DJ was Loki, & he was also AMAZING. He played everything we requested from todays hits, to country, to a set of polish music for my husband’s family. He read the crowd so well & knew exactly what to play & when to play it to keep our dance floor full the entire night. Overall, I can’t praise Dancejock enough for making my wedding better than my dreams. I will forever use and recommend this company for ANY event because of their professionalism, attention to detail, and talented crew. My friends & family are telling me it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and that makes me feel so grateful for Dancejock were the ones who made it happen.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Amanda V

I was eager to work with Dance Jock again after they had provided the entertainment for my Bar Mitzvah in 1997. When I mentioned this to Scott Neglia on our introductory visit, he promptly told me that I was the 109th person for whom he’d have done both a bar/bat mitzvah and... Read More wedding. From that moment, I could see how much passion he had for what he did, and I knew that would be in great hands for our wedding. And we truly were. Scott gave us a very detailed breakdown on the day we met with him for the first time of how he envisioned our reception would go, from our introduction to the Hora to the rest of the party. A year later when the wedding took place, it went down almost word for word of how he had described us. Scott handled us personally and he did a great job of providing just the right music for the party, you could tell he knows how to read a room. The video packages that were put together from their video department for our introduction and our respective dances with the parent were extremely moving and had people very emotional. The event was flawless and I have to hand it to Scott for knowing exactly what to do and when to do it. I highly recommend Scott and Dance Jock for any of your events.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Brooke S

Dancejock Productions is truly what made our day so special. Our guests have not stopped raving about the entertainment at our July 15th wedding. Scott and his team has been with our family through our bar and bat mitzvahs. It was incredible to use them for our wedding years... Read More later and know that we had a team that cared so much about making our day amazing. The entertainment they provided with both the DJ element and the live instruments kept the party going and the guests up and dancing. They played an amazing range of music the appealed to every guest, from oldies, rock, current pop and a requested 90’s block, it was such a fun mix that everybody loved! Scott was available to us for meetings and questions all along the way. We used many of the instrument pieces that Dancejock offers, such as the string instruments for our ceremony, live instruments for the party, including an incredible electric violinist. They were an incredible touch and everyone loved them! My husband and I had some very specific and technical needs. We played multiple video clips throughout the evening, featured nostalgic photos on screens, used lighting equipment, created a list of special “must play” songs and more. Scott utilized the screens, music and every request we had made beautifully. Featuring these memories was one of the most important pieces of this day to us and Scott made each part of that come true. It took a lot of contact and planning beforehand and Scott was available and supportive every step of the way. Another important part of the day was that my husband wanted to play a song with his high school band. He and Scott arranged this, again requiring a lot of personal contact and planning. Again, Scott and the team were there for us every step of the way. Scott provided the necessary audio equipment, helped the band set up the transition so that there was not a moment of silence in the party… it was truly incredible and we could never have done it without him. I am so so thankful to Dancejock for all of their hard work and for all of the ways that they made this day such a memorable one. I highly recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding, bar-mitzvah or any party!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Kyrsten M

Dancejock did a great job for my wedding! I honestly cant say enough about the whole experience. So easy to work with and they know exactly what they are doing. They went above and beyond my expectations and made the whole day/night easy and fun. They did exactly what I wanted... Read More and kept everyone dancing the whole night. I had so many people comment how great the music and MC were and even had the owner of the venue ask who they were because she was so impressed with Dancejock. I feel the whole vibe of a wedding depends on the music and MC, and most people are worried about this, but with Dancejock, you have nothing to worry about. So professional and make the entire experience a pleasure. I would 100% recommend Dancejock to anyone and everyone!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jenn V

Scott and his team are the best!!! We got married on Saturday 7/8 and so many of our guests came up to us, saying how phenomenal our DJ was. From our entrance to the photo booth, to the last song of the night, everything was awesome!!!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Bettina L

My husband and I used Dancejock for our wedding in November and we LOVED every second of it. They kept our guests dancing the night away and constantly entertained. We also used the Video company, Band, and Singer that Dancejock offers. Each one of them blew our guests away and... Read More were so nice. All of the songs that we wanted were played and the father/daughter, mother/daughter, mother/son dances went amazing. Scott always returned my e-mails in a timely manner and always had good advice and suggestions. Simply put, I couldn't have asked for a better DJ company to do our wedding. We would highly recommend Dancejock.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Gina F

We were referred to Dance Jock by my cousin, who used them for her wedding 8 years ago. All my husband and I wanted for our wedding was to have the dance floor filled and see our guests truly enjoying themselves. Dance Jock DELIVERED!!! They did everything and more to ensure... Read More that we and our guests had the time of our lives =) Frankie, our MC, and Chris, our DJ, made our night. They were truly amazing, and stepped up to ensure that the timeline of the night went smooth. We also had up-lighting from them, which looked beautiful and truly accented the room! We worked closely with Frankie, who was professional and super down to earth from day one! He responded to my emails and/or calls immediately, was very flexible when we wanted to change a few things last minute, and even went to our venue after meeting us for the first time to see the set up and have the knowledge to talk to us about the location. I will recommend them forever!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Kimberly c

We were absolutely thrilled with Dancejock at our wedding. George kept everyone up on their feet and dancing all night, including us! We were so happy to see the dance floor jam packed at all times. The variety of music that was played throughout the night was great and... Read More everyone had a blast! We also used them for percussionist and saxaphone which was an awesome touch. We could not have asked for anything better!!!

Best MC and most talented DJ and Musicians!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Lorraine C

From our first meeting with Frankie, we knew we had to have DanceJock at our wedding! Frankie was professional and fun to work with! He respected our budget and gave us the best recommendations about how to bring the best experience to our wedding guests. We had a very talented... Read More string duo and pianist that beautifully set the mood at the ceremony. Frankie was our MC and was very knowledgeable from his years of experience on how to get our guests involved on the dance floor and give direction to all other events throughout the night. The DJ, DJ Nester (NiceNess) was on point and had the music going all night. He was able to read the crowd to keep the party going and our guests couldn’t stop talking about how much they danced. We also had an Electric Violinist and Percussionist who both brought the music experience to the next level. The harmony between the musicians and DJ Nester was unbelievable and would highly recommend hiring Dancejock Productions to anyone who wants to have the best music experience at their wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Laura F

One word...AMAZING!!! I first heard of Dance Jock when my cousin got married in 2011. They have been my favorite DJ company to date!! By far the best! Scott is awesome, friendly and professional! From contacting him to meeting with him to answering every single question we had,... Read More he was phenomenal! Best MC ever!! He is enthusiastic, gets the party going, and really pays attention to what you want! His experience truly shows! Our guests were raving about the DJ services! We had the steel drummer for cocktail hour, who was so talented! He added a great feel to the wedding and everyone loved him. We also had a percussionist for the reception along with the DJ. We both are so happy we added him in the mix. So talented and he really added something special to every song that was played! The DJ we had was also phenomenal! He kept the party going all night! Our guests only left the dance floor for food! He knew when to play the whole song and when to mix it up! It was the perfect combo of fast and slow songs! Thank you also for helping me create my special mix for my father/daughter dance! It was so great and really surprised the guests when we went from a slow song into a fast mix then back to the slow song! We also loved that you have someone taking photos and posting them on the screens! Loved being able to have the montage and party pictures as well as on the spot editing of a video preview for our guests! It was awesome and leaving the wedding with pictures in hand, well you can't beat that! On top of that our videographer was great! He was friendly and attentive and so far we love the raw footage! Can't wait to see the edited version! One added bonus was the drone!!! If you can get the drone through Scott then do it! I'm so happy he offered it to us! Overall, we had a blast! I can go on and on about how great Scott and his team are! Thank you for helping us make our wedding the best day ever!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Elisa R

I utilized Dancejock Productions for my wedding on June 26, 2015. They were absolutely amazing! Scott (our emcee) was on point for every aspect of the wedding. From the simple things like correct name pronunciation to more intricate items such as last minute rearrangements... Read More requested by myself – all was handled with ease and grace. No task or request was too much for Dancejock to handle. I would recommend them for any wedding or special event. They are great!

Excellent

Reviewed on 8/17/2014 Theresa A

We planned our wedding in 6 weeks and Dancejock was able to accommodate us without a problem. We didn't have many requests, but Scott was open to fulfill anything we asked. It was a small (for Long Island) wedding of about 80 people and probably less than half of our guests... Read More were dancers, but Dancejock was able to make it a party. Whether on the dance floor or seated having conversations, everyone enjoyed! Very professional service and easy to work with. Great job all around.

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Diana W

The saying is true, good music = good wedding. Dance Jock did an amazing job at my wedding and everyone is still raving about how good the music was. Rick was our DJ, he was really great and funny. He was a pleasure to work with the entire time. There were a few specific... Read More songs I wanted played at my ceremony, and they were amazing about finding them. We also had the drums and they were so much fun (totally worth the $), they added so much excitement. I would 100% recommend to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. I found that you get so much more for your money with DanceJock then another DJ company.

For rockers, we sure did a lot of dancing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Lauren B

My husband and I are not really dancing types, so when we were looking into DJs for our wedding, we really didn't know where to begin. After searching based on location and rating, we came across DanceJock... what a name, are we sure this is what we want? Dancing Jocks? That's... Read More so not us! We don't even really dance! Well, had to find someone, so I called and spoke to Frankie, and he really set my mind at ease. He "got" that we weren't techno, Z100, club, pop types, but also that what we would normally listen to would definitely not be considered the best party or event music, and that we were looking for a more down to earth, old time rockin affair that everyone would enjoy and move along to. He assured us that they would be able to help us create a list of songs for the night that would both satisfy us and our guests. Pfew! We booked and spoke with Scott a few weeks before the big event, who again took the time to understand what we were looking for and go over special song selections that we had picked out (and even surprisingly improve upon a few of them!). I'm glad we were able to make him laugh, and he definitely got the kind of ecclectic, funny yet special vibe we were going for. Everything was spot on day of, and we couldn't be happier. Would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Awesome

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Carrie-Anne L

Dancejock productions did a fabulous job at my wedding. Scott Neglia, the owner was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made the entire process of choosing a DJ, photographer, and videographer, SO easy. This was the ONLY company I even looked at and booked the services the... Read More same day. Everything was perfect! My MC, was Frankie Vega. He was AWESOME! I can't thank him enough for the fabulous job that he did. I was originally supposed to have Scott as my MC, so I was a little nervous, not knowing how Frankie would be. I have to say that he was phenomenal! He got the crowd dancing, kept the energy up, and even made sure my last minute requests were met! He truly made my wedding a day to remember. I HIGHLY recommend Dancejock productions for ALL of your entertainment needs.

mixed feelings

Reviewed on 12/12/2012 Diane Z

as an update: i just received a call from Scott. he was furious i did not give him a 5 out of 5. he did not apologize or take responsibility for anything, but instead claimed what i wrote was untrue. not exactly excellent customer service. i guess i should start with the... Read More fact the the DJ kept some of our guests dancing and the guests seemed to enjoy the musical selection. and he avoided all songs on our do not play list. so hopefully nobody else noticed the major problems i had. that being said, i was EXTREMELY disappointed with our emcee, Scott. (1) 2 weeks before the wedding we had our finals meeting. i only requested 1 specific song be played during our reception (i really wasn't that demanding), dedicated to my older uncle and explained this to Scott. he didn't have it played until the very end of the night, after the cake cutting, when my uncle was literally saying good bye. he barely heard the dedication. (2) my husband(!) had to remind the emcee we asked for parent dances. scott didn't have us do the father-daughter dance or mother-son dances until after the cake cutting. my father had to actually ask me if he was going to get a chance to dance with me! parent dances are NOT supposed to be at the end of the affair after guests have already started leaving since the cake was already cut and served. (3) scott knew very well it was an interfaith wedding. he even confirmed with us at the start of the ceremony that we were going to dance the horah. yet, somehow, scott decided it was a good idea to play "going to the chapel" during the cake cutting, even though i had specified which song to play. when i made it clear to him that was unacceptable, he tried to downplay his mistake and actually argued with me that it was not a big deal. we hired ceremony musicians (cellist & vionlinst - soundscapes) through dancejock. they were excellent. the cellist, jason, was super helpful selecting songs for the processional & recessional. and they sounded great!

DanceJock Productions

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 Rachel S

It's been just a few days since my wedding, and thanks to DanceJock, I have been able to take home with me on the day of my wedding, a short video, a montage of pictures from when I grew up and from when my fiance grew up along with over 300+ pictures from the night. Having... Read More pictures and a video right after your wedding means everything, when you try to remember all that happened, it's hard as a bride, and these photos and video helped to capture such precious, crazy and memorable moments. Scott was our MC and he was amazing. He truly brought to life everything we had spoken about, and did it with class - I also had Jon the percussionist, and everyone was raving about him all night long! The live musicians with the DJ truly help. Our DJ was fantastic - he played all types of music to entertain all generations at the wedding - and everyone was on the dance floor all night. We will be receiving a full version of the video soon, and DanceJock productions lives up to everything they say they will do - they are focused on making it a night to remember - and they did! - I give them 5 stars for making my wedding one that everyone keeps talking about - :) -

BEST DJ EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Kelly B

These guys are fantastic! We originally were booked with another DJ and they royally screwed up and we had to cancel and find another DJ. We were a little apprehensive about finding another DJ because of what had gone through already. We met with Scott and I knew right away... Read More that the other djs screw up was the best thing that could have happened. Scott is AMAZING! Professional and on point. He promised us the moon and the stars, and he gave us the moon and the stars. The party was perfect. We had very specific ceremony and cocktail music requests and they met every single one. They had the dance floor packed all night and Im still getting compliments on how much fun the DJ was. If you want a rocking party, DanceJock is highly recommended!

Rocked it!!!! Best DJ on Long Island!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Alex K

My husband and I were originally booked with another popular DJ company, this company basically screwed up 3 months before our wedding and we needed to find a new DJ ASAP...my brother connected us with Scott and we went in immediately to meet with him. He really took care of us... Read More and assured us he would give us the wedding of our dreams. We booked the same day and were given Rick as our MC and Nester as our DJ. We were so excited to work with them. Our final meeting with Rick was a breeze and we were ready and knew that everything worked out the way it should have. Fast forward to the day of the white set up and lighting was amazing...our ceremony music and cocktail hour music worked perfectly and they really fulfilled everything we asked for. Nester was absolutely insaneeeeee!! loved him! We're still getting compliments on the music, people have actually asked us "can we get a copy of that mix he did?" haha. Rick was a pleasure to have around us on our wedding day, he kept coming over to us to make sure everything was to our liking. We have not a bad thing to say about Dancejock, they are a class act!!! We are actually happy things went bad with that previous company because it landed us with a much better, more professional company that did the job perfect! Thank you to Scott, Rick & Nester!

Dance jock was incredible

Reviewed on 12/06/2011 Leslie D

Dance jock was amazing. They had my guests on the dancefloor all night. We also had the percussionist that got everyone involved. The Dj knew exactly how to read the crowd and play the music to get them moving. Scott was our MC and thanks to him we had the best time at our... Read More wedding. go check them out!

Best DJ Ever!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Jaclyn T

Dancjocks and the mc/owner Scott made my wedding AWESOME!! From the great music to the non-annoying MC, people were dancing all night. I received many compliments on the DJ and several engaged friends will be using them. We had the zap photo which was a hit and flatscreens... Read More around the hall was great!!!

Review for Dance Jock DJ

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Danielle H

Scott really listened to what we wanted and was very easy to work with.;We didn't want other couples to be invited to dance with us during our first dance. They forgot about it, but it was worked out fine.

Review for Dance Jock DJ

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 andrea s

excellent - had the crowd dancing the whole time!