dream big. we dare you.

Approachable, Affordable and Fun! From full service planning and design to last minute preparations, we work with couples to create unique planning packages that will bring your wedding dreams to life. Always responsive and up to date on the latest wedding trends, Dare to Dream is here for you!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee Area & WI

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jenny F

Megan from "Dare To Dream Weddings" was our wedding planner for our September 2015 wedding in Milwaukee. We aren't from Milwaukee so my mother thought we needed someone local to help with organizing and picking out vendors, as well as day of set up. I have to admit I thought... Read More she was an unnecessary expense when we first hired her but she turned out to be indispensable. I don't know what we would have done without her. Megan was incredibly professional throughout. She was very clear upfront about her prices and what, exactly, she could do for us (another planner we met with was dubious and it made me nervous). We picked ALL of our vendors based on her recommendations and she facilitated communication with all of them as well. When we had trouble getting anyone to respond to us, Megan got the job done, explaining, "they have more of a motivation to respond to me, or I won't recommend them anymore". She also kept us on budget. With so many hidden costs in planning a wedding, Megan was VERY transparent about how much things would cost us. And she helped us find cheaper alternatives for things that were less important to us. Most of all, she kept us on schedule throughout the entire planning. She would email us monthly with to-do lists and she thought of everything we needed to keep in mind. She also was very good at parsing it out so it never felt overwhelming AND she was good at managing my mother (who wanted to talk about EVERYTHING at once) but without making her feel her concerns were being dismissed. She made the wedding planning feel manageable. As we got closer to the wedding day, she was on top of everything and made a schedule for us and for all of the vendors as well as coordinating the day-of timeline. She did all of our set up for us (which was no small task because we supplied all the decor) and she maintained the timeline so I basically didn't think about anything all day except that I was there with all of the people I loved most and I got to enjoy them because I wasn't worried about vendors or timing. Megan was on top of all of that. She was truly amazing. I don't think I could recommend her enough.

I'd give them a sixth star if I could

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

At the time my wife and I were looking for a wedding planner, across every review site we looked at, Dare to Dream had only five star ratings, in every category. People, that does not happen by accident. My wife and I were married in a joint Hindu-Catholic ceremony with... Read More nearly 200 guests, which we held over Labor Day weekend and began planning in May of the same year (also, we do not live in Wisconsin). Other wedding planners we spoke to said that this would be absolutely no problem (a "piece of cake", if you will), but when we spoke with Megan, she said "OK, that's going to be extremely difficult! We will do our best, but it won't be easy." We hired Megan immediately. The ceremony and reception were spectacular. Megan is pleasant, detail-oriented, knowledgeable, the list goes on. And given how much work she puts into every aspect of the ceremony, I am shocked that Dare to Dream's rates are not double or triple what they are currently. Stop reading and hire Dare to Dream right now, because they are worth every penny. It is seriously not possible to say enough positive things about everything that they do.

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Jenna B

A year and a half ago, I never envisioned myself as the type of bride-to-be that would hire a wedding planner. I figured, those are only for incredibly wealthy people with lavish, expensive weddings...my fiancé and I are laid-back, middle class people. Why would I possibly need... Read More one?! Well, long story short, a new job, crazy schedule, and the realization that I knew NOTHING about the Milwaukee area prompted me to look for a planner to help. Through a simple search, I stumbled upon Dare to Dream, as well as several other planners. The reason I ended up with DTD is because of their willingness to work with ANY budget. I did not need someone to hold my hand at every meeting, all I wanted was for someone help me create a budget and find all my vendors. Megan custom made a package for me solely on my needs and budget...and for the record, she was the only planner willing to do so. Ultimately, I hired Megan and Jen for vendor recommendations, appointment set ups, and wedding day-of planning and assistance. Megan offered suggestions I would've never found on my own, and Jen made my wedding day 100% stress free. I cannot tell you how many people noted how "calm" I was, and it is all thanks to these two ladies. I could not recommend them enough. So, if you are anything like how I was initially, give wedding planning another chance. It is an investment towards peace of mind and I guarantee you will not regret it. I had my dream wedding on Saturday, and I could not have done it all alone. Thanks again, Megan and Jen!!!

Would Definitely Recommend!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Annelyse P

Megan and Dare to Dream Weddings has been an absolute pleasure to work with as we planned our wedding. She keeps in constant contact with you, making recommendations on vendors and ideas,and sending monthly task lists to the bride and groom to ensure they stay on track. I... Read More couldn't imagine planning a wedding without Megan. It was so nice on the day of that Megan was there to handle anything and everything and family and friends didn't have to worry about anything going wrong. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner!

Megan was a lifesaver in planning and executing our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Megan, from Dare to Dream Weddings, was a lifesaver. She is very organized, knows great vendors in all aspects of putting on a wedding, and stays on top of the schedule in a courteous and kind way. She did a fantastic job of decorating the reception venue space the day of the... Read More wedding and keeping the day running smoothly and according to the schedule. This allowed all of us involved in the wedding to just relax and enjoy our day. I highly recommend her.

Helped us Relax & Enjoy our Big Day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

We came to Megan halfway through the planning process with a short timeline. She came highly recommended and helped us complete our planning with all the finishing touches. We had the venue and many of the vendors booked already but discovered that we really needed a... Read More professional to help us stay on track and especially the day of the event. She customized a package for us and worked with our vendors to help create a magical evening. She was familiar with our vendors and worked well with them and most important of all, helped keep everyone calm, stay focused and enjoy our big day. I would highly recommend Dare to Dream Weddings!

A pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Amalia T

Jen was a pleasure to work with. She was patient and helped walk us through what we needed to do before the wedding. Most importantly on the day of I didn't worry about anything, I was able to fully enjoy the party. Jen took care of everything.

Dare to Dream was great to work with!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015

Both Megan and Jen did a wonderful job in helping me plan my wedding by keeping me organized and on track. There's so much to do and keep track of for your wedding that it can get very overwhelming at times, but Megan and Jen made it so easy. They truly cut the stress out of the... Read More planning that I was actually able to enjoy the planning of my wedding instead of having to worry about everything. They truly went far and beyond to help make my day the way I had envisioned it to be, stress free and extraordinary. If I had to do it again, I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Jen is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Elisabeth W

Knowing that we were going to be planning our wedding in a 6 month period, I immediately looked for some help. When Jen from Dare to Dream and I met, we immediately clicked. She is wonderful! She was always attentive to my needs and concerns. We chose the top-tier planning... Read More package, so Jen was in charge of setting up all my appointments, contacting vendors, creating and maintaining our budget, and dealing with the day-of timeline. I can't imagine how crazy that day would have been if she wasn't there to help us. She had superior vendor recommendations, and was great at working out packages and prices and conveying that information to me in an unbiased way so that I could choose what I really wanted myself. She was also very flexible about meetings, and was willing to do multiple Skype meetings when I was out of town. Additionally, we got a great bang for our buck. This was a very affordable service compared to other planners, and the money was so well spent.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Katie K

By far the best investment of our wedding! Jen was nothing short of amazing to work with! I had NOTHING to worry about the day of my wedding! Our itinerary that Jen created for us was so detailed and made life so much easier! Thank you for helping turn my dream wedding into... Read More reality!

Absolutely Remarkable

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Kimberly O

Foremost I want to make it clear I was a Dallas bride getting married in Chicago. My work schedule on average was 60-80hrs a week and I was completely oblivious of all things wedding! I had a great experience hiring Jen with DTD wedding planning services. For such a ridiculously... Read More affordable price she was with me from start to finish ( 15 months). From her monthly to do task list, weekly emails and phone calls, Jen was always ready, willing and available to help. I would say DTD is one of the best out there but I've only been married once ( no plans for a re do lol). Jen was very professional, informative and easy to work with. She had many options for vendors we had to select from but was also very willing to follow up with vendors we chose to work with. She would constantly say it's all about what you want. Never got the feeling that she was trying to promote her friends who worked as wedding vendors and if she did they were extremely credible ( Shout out to Fab Flora who did an amazing job). I highly recommend DTD! Thanks so much Jen ( gift mailing out this week I promise ) and Megan Porter for a great job! You made my wedding experience STRESS FREE! I kid you not! With Love, One happy bride

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Janissa M

Megan was wonderful to work with on our wedding. I knew that I needed a wedding planner due to my crazy schedule, but I also still wanted to be involved with the decisions. Hiring Megan was one of the best decisions we made. She was great at keeping me on track as far as... Read More creating monthly task lists for us to do and calming my nerves whenever I freaked out about something that I now realize was minor. Other than an issue out of her control, the wedding and reception went smoothly and we received so many compliments. We highly recommend Megan's services!

Deserves Ten Stars!

Reviewed on 3/13/2015 Karen K

I cannot thank Dare to Dream Weddings enough. We knew early on that we were over our heads in planning our Chicago wedding. I called 3 wedding planners, and I knew within the first few minutes of talking to Megan that I found the right match. We met Jen a few days later, and... Read More we were even more confident that we made the right decision. Jen was very organized and incredibly approachable. She instinctively knew when we needed guidance, when we needed friendly support, and when we needed a good laugh. Our wedding went off without a hitch, was under budget, and six months later our guests are still telling us what a wonderful time they had. We appreciated Jen's expertise and support the most, but we were also blown away by the cost effectiveness of using Dare to Dream. They were the most affordable of the three vendors we considered. Their vendor knowledge also saved us money -- they found better and more affordable vendors than we were finding on our own. They more than paid for themselves in saving us money. I have no doubt that left on own, we would have spent much more and had a less satisfying experience. Look no further -- Megan and Jen the perfect wedding planning choice!

HIGHLY recommend Dare to Dream

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Molly D

I got married in Nov 2014 in Milwaukee and hired Dare to Dream to assist with full wedding planning. Jen was our primary contact, but Jen and Megan work together closely to pitch in where needed. Jen was so incredibly organized and kept me on top of all tasks. She was also... Read More extremely helpful in making vendor recommendations, preparing me for vendor meetings, and ensuring I stayed within my budget. I had nothing to worry about the day of my wedding since Jen orchestrated all the vendors, set up, schedule, final payments, and tips. My fiance and I could honestly enjoy our wedding day without worrying about a thing thanks to Jen. As I searched for wedding planners after getting engaged it was an easy decision to go with Dare to Dream. The cost of services are great compared to competition and I could tell from our initial discussion that Jen was organized, had a great personality, and would be easy to work with. After a little over a year working with Jen, I can't say enough about how happy I am with my decision. Jen went above and beyond to truly help make the day perfect and make my fiance and I feel special. I cannot say enough about Jen and Dare to Dream. I would HIGHLY recommend their services to any brides out there. I don't think you could do much better.

Dreams Come True

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Talia S

Jen was a dream come true. Although I didn't need Jen to help with a lot of the planning on the front end, she truly ensured that the day went smoothly. Not only did she take care of everything and "fix" any problems that came up, but she did it with ease and a smile. Jen took... Read More the time to understand our wants and needs, but also the dynamic of the family. It was a great match for us and we would highly recommend Jen and Dare to Dream to anyone that asks.

My wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Laurie F

Good experience

Best Money We Spent on Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

My husband and I were planning our wedding in Milwaukee from far away, all while coordinating a cross country move and changing jobs. Not to mention the fact that our wedding was on a short 5 month timeline. I called several planners in the area and Megan knocked our socks... Read More off. She was a true professional from the moment we first spoke. While she was very realistic about what we could do on our timeline, she was also incredibly positive and creative about making sure the wedding was our style. She was organized, on top of things, and always pleasant and fun to work with. She made an otherwise stressful life event so much easier. She will work with your budget and make sure you have a beautiful event that is true to your vision--no matter what speed bumps you might encounter. My wedding dress totally fell through a couple weeks before the event and Megan was there for me every step of the way. We had a fusion Catholic-Hindu wedding and she didn't miss a beat, even with odd requests from our parents. We have absolutely zero regrets about hiring Megan and Dare to Dream.

Invaluable service!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Heather G

I have absolutely no idea how we would have gotten everything done for our 300-person wedding reception without Jen! She was absolutely wonderful to work with. We hired her as our month-of coordinator. Our reception venue did not provide a coordinator, so Jen set everything up... Read More at our reception while we were taking pictures. Everything looked great. She also kept us organized and on task during the month before our wedding, contacting vendors for us and ensuring that everyone was on the same page. Worth every penny!!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Molly W

I hired DTDW about three and half months before my wedding when I realized it was just too difficult to plan details for a Milwaukee wedding while living in New York City. My planner, who I will never be able to thank enough, was Jen Ganson. Jen jumped right in once we laid... Read More out what my needs were for the wedding. Most of the big decisions were already made: church, reception, rehearsal dinner and farewell brunch locations had already been finalized. Now came the tough stuff: invitations, welcome bags, favors, guest book, dinner selections, chairs, etc… And most of all, someone to help me execute while I was hundreds of miles away. Jen understood the vintage feel I wanted for the whole weekend right away. She found great vendors, dealt with a difficult invitation supplier I had already selected, keep everything organized and took all the stress away. Her style was effortless and easy, she was calming and caring every step of the way. I could not have found a better partner anywhere. Even our wedding officiant, who was not a fan of planners in general, had huge respect for Jen and the way she partnered to get things handled for the ceremony. Jen was a dream come true. Truly.

Amazing wedding planning!

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Rachel R

Megan did an amazing job for our wedding. We did the Diamond dreams package, so we had assistance with planning including vendor recommendations, monthly to-do's, setting up the day-of timeline with vendors, and then organization on the day-of. The monthly planning and vendor... Read More recommendations was really helpful because we were planning from out of town. She also set up a budget for us so we knew about how much to spend on each vendor. She went to our tasting with us and was really helpful when talking to all vendors to know exactly what questions to ask them. Really the best part of having her for our wedding planner was her services on the wedding weekend. We met with her Friday to give her all the stuff for our reception and ceremony, so we didn't have to worry about it. She ran our rehearsal, as our officiant was a friend. On the actual wedding day I had nothing at all to worry about because she had set up a timeline with the vendors and was in contact with all of them throughout the process. I had one vendor contact me on the morning of the wedding, and I just sent Megan a text with their questions and she took care of everything. It was really priceless to have her there on the day of to make sure everything was on time and take care of any last minute problems. There is really nothing I wish would have gone smoother - we had a completely perfect day with no hiccups.

Made wedding planning as stress-free as possible!

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Erin

Megan was absolutely amazing! We started planning our wedding 14 months out, and we were not living locally. Every month she sent us a task list that was very helpful in keeping us on track. She was so helpful in creating lists of vendors. She went above and beyond to make our... Read More wedding day amazing! I don't know what we would have done without her and I would definitely recommend her services!

Very Friendly and Knowledgable

Reviewed on 7/03/2014

We used Dare to Dream to help us on our wedding day. Meaghan Potter was very accommodating and helpful. She provided a lot of good insight into wedding planning and she was able to answer all of our questions. We would recommend Dare to Dream for any future wedding planning... Read More needs to our friends.

Dare to Dream Weddings

Reviewed on 6/22/2014

Megan from Dare to Dream Weddings was so wonderful to work with. She put us in touch with some wonderful vendors and helped us with every detail of our wedding. We really didn't know anything about how to put together a wedding, so her help was very needed. She helped us with... Read More everything from decor to vendor deals and contracts, and even just advice and recommendations. Her monthly To Do list e-mails helped to keep us on track and ensure everything was done and organized. Having her on the day of our wedding was invaluable. We did not have to worry about a thing on the day of because she was keeping everyone on track and bringing necessary items to us, while also helping to set up the reception and keeping our vendors in line with our timeline and wishes. We could not have had such a great day without Megan and all her input along the way! I would definitely recommend Dare to Dream Weddings to anyone looking for wedding planning services. Thank you Megan!

Everything we wanted & more..

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Tara L

My husband and I spent the first 6 months of wedding planning trying to do it on our own before we met Megan. We were so lost and had no idea what needed to be done. My family (the bride) lives far away and made planning even more complicated. After deciding to work with Dare to... Read More Dream Weddings, everything became much easier! Megan kept us on track and also helped us find some amazing vendors that we never would have met outselves! The highlight of our experience was on our wedding day - it was PERFECT. The entire day was set up exactly how we wanted. We, and our family, had NO stress the day of. We were able to enjoy every moment. I would recommend Dare to Dream Weddings to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2014 Jennifer B

I can't say enough about how amazing Megan and Jen were to work with. I did a full package that included everything from the time I found them until the night of my wedding. It was the best decision I made! They have great ideas, vendor contacts, and excellent communicators. I... Read More can't think of a single thing I would have changed or was not happy with. They pulled my idea together and gave me the most beautiful wedding that went off without a hitch!! I highly recommend Dare to Dream Wedding! Best money I spend!

Megan A. Potter

Congratulations on your engagement! As the owner of Dare to Dream, I take great pride in our approachable demeanor and dedication to our clients. With a business background from Marquette University and experience in personal event planning I built this business through the creation of vendor relationships that I still value today. Today, Dare to Dream has experience in working with some of the best venues in town including the Pritzlaff, Turner Hall, Grain Exchange and Pier Wisconsin. Happy Planning!