dream big. we dare you.

At Dare to Dream, we believe that planning a wedding should be enjoyable, affordable and of course stress free! From your first consult to your first dance we make sure that no detail is overlooked and that every wedding reflects your unique personality and style. Maybe you need help with just a little or maybe you need help with a lot - either way, we are here to guide you through the planning process so that you can enjoy not only your wedding day but your engagement as well. We pride ourselves on our experience, connections in the community and approachable and fun demeanor. We love weddings and would love to hear from you about yours!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Area & Southeastern WI (414) 232-4391

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jenny F

Megan from "Dare To Dream Weddings" was our wedding planner for our September 2015 wedding in Milwaukee. We aren't from Milwaukee so my mother thought we needed someone local to help with organizing and picking out vendors, as well as day of set up. I have to admit I thought... Read More she was an unnecessary expense when we first hired her but she turned out to be indispensable. I don't know what we would have done without her. Megan was incredibly professional throughout. She was very clear upfront about her prices and what, exactly, she could do for us (another planner we met with was dubious and it made me nervous). We picked ALL of our vendors based on her recommendations and she facilitated communication with all of them as well. When we had trouble getting anyone to respond to us, Megan got the job done, explaining, "they have more of a motivation to respond to me, or I won't recommend them anymore". She also kept us on budget. With so many hidden costs in planning a wedding, Megan was VERY transparent about how much things would cost us. And she helped us find cheaper alternatives for things that were less important to us. Most of all, she kept us on schedule throughout the entire planning. She would email us monthly with to-do lists and she thought of everything we needed to keep in mind. She also was very good at parsing it out so it never felt overwhelming AND she was good at managing my mother (who wanted to talk about EVERYTHING at once) but without making her feel her concerns were being dismissed. She made the wedding planning feel manageable. As we got closer to the wedding day, she was on top of everything and made a schedule for us and for all of the vendors as well as coordinating the day-of timeline. She did all of our set up for us (which was no small task because we supplied all the decor) and she maintained the timeline so I basically didn't think about anything all day except that I was there with all of the people I loved most and I got to enjoy them because I wasn't worried about vendors or timing. Megan was on top of all of that. She was truly amazing. I don't think I could recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Kate H

I wish I could show video and pictures of the magnificent wedding that Megan helped us plan. My daughter had a definite vision for what she wanted and Megan made every dream come true. Megan's professional knowledge and expertise was invaluable -not only did she help develop... Read More ideas that we had but she made suggestions and offered ideas of her own that enhanced and enriched every aspect of our event. She also had great connections and found just the right vendors to make that vision into reality - all with budget in mind. The look on our bride's face when she entered the venue and saw everything decorated, organized, and set up beyond her every dream was priceless. It was also wonderful to be able to enjoy the day, knowing that Megan had everything covered and was a force to be reckoned with behind the scenes. Megan was the perfect mix of financial planner, time/calendar manager, decorator, general contractor, diplomat, therapist, and hand-holder. She was always available for questions and to offer advice, recommendations, and encouragement. She very adroitly and patiently addressed the needs of the bride and the family and was able to organize an event to be remembered. The guests, family and friends were effusive in their praise. At the end of the evening, we realized that the entire day had been absolutely flawless and our daughter could not think of one thing that she would have changed. Thank you Megan!!!! (we have another daughter so we WILL be calling you again.)

I'd give them a sixth star if I could

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

At the time my wife and I were looking for a wedding planner, across every review site we looked at, Dare to Dream had only five star ratings, in every category. People, that does not happen by accident. My wife and I were married in a joint Hindu-Catholic ceremony with... Read More nearly 200 guests, which we held over Labor Day weekend and began planning in May of the same year (also, we do not live in Wisconsin). Other wedding planners we spoke to said that this would be absolutely no problem (a "piece of cake", if you will), but when we spoke with Megan, she said "OK, that's going to be extremely difficult! We will do our best, but it won't be easy." We hired Megan immediately. The ceremony and reception were spectacular. Megan is pleasant, detail-oriented, knowledgeable, the list goes on. And given how much work she puts into every aspect of the ceremony, I am shocked that Dare to Dream's rates are not double or triple what they are currently. Stop reading and hire Dare to Dream right now, because they are worth every penny. It is seriously not possible to say enough positive things about everything that they do.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Laura A

Megan was amazing. She kept me on track and more importantly, sane. She was incredibly professional and approachable at the same time. Her recommendations for vendors were spot on with our budget and style and I felt so calm knowing that she had everything covered!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Robyn H

I truly don't think think I could have chosen a better wedding planner. Megan was so organized and had such great communication every step of the way. Unfortunately, she wasn't actually able to be there the day of my wedding due to an injury, but before she even told me what... Read More happened she had other planners in place and had already started meeting and communicating with them to ensure my day went smoothly. The day of the wedding, everything did go smoothly and the decor and setup exceeded my vision. I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding, especially out of state like I did.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Kelly K

Thank you Jen and Megan for helping with our wedding, could not have done it without your expertise!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Kim N

Megan was fantastic! She did an amazing job and made the process much less stressful, so we were able to enjoy the day without worrying about all of the details and timing! We initially weren't sure if we would get a wedding planner but we're so glad we did! Megan was by far the... Read More best investment we made in the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Caitlin S

Sara was fantastic and made my wedding day run so smoothly. I had no worries thanks to her!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Elaine E

I still can't believe the level of service that we received from Megan and Dare to Dream Weddings. We worked with Megan in the year leading up to our wedding, including on the "day of," and she was there every step of the way. Megan kept us on track and brought discipline to... Read More our planning. We simply couldn't have pulled off the perfect day without her. If I had to identify the biggest area of value she brought to our process - it was that she seemed to identify and connect us with vendors that were tailored made for us. It turned what can be a very "cookie cutter" process into a result that was true to us. Megan clearly understood Dan and I as a couple and helped us translate that into our planning. I highly recommend Megan to any couple looking for a day that is true to them!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Tanya D

5 Stars isn’t enough! Planning a Milwaukee wedding from DC with Megan/ DTD’s help was so stress free my only stress really came from feeling like I wasn’t doing enough for my own wedding (which was silly because I didn’t need to stress at all- everything was taken care of by... Read More this amazing team and went off without a hitch)! A preceding DTD bride told me hiring DTD was the best money I could spend and I absolutely echo that sentiment. It was also a pleasure getting to spend time with Megan - I’ll miss all our emails! Thank you, DTD, couldn’t have done it without you.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Marina A

Megan is incredibly organized, professional, and took the initiative to make the day perfect. Don't know how it could have happened so smoothly without her. Worth every single penny and don't even question it!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Emily S

Amazing. Best thing that we did when planning our wedding was book Dare to Dream Weddings!!! Would 100% Rec commend their services to make your day easy, stress free and wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Alyssa O

Megan was our "day of" (truly "month of") coordinator. Could not have done it without her. She made everything soooo easy on us, especially with having the ceremony at a separate location. I didn't have to worry about a thing, nor did my family or bridal party. I knew she had it... Read More all handled and everything turned out absolutely beautiful ! I highly recommend Megan and her team!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Ashley S

I can't say enough great things about Megan at Dare to Dreams Weddings. I had most of my big plans for the wedding figured out at the time I started looking for wedding planners to help with the last month. I talked to 4 or 5 different vendors and I knew right away that Megan... Read More would be the best fit for my Type A personality. Not only is she personable and helpful but she goes above and beyond to help make your wedding day perfect. I ended up also hiring Megan to help make decisions related to our decor and design. It was so much easier to go to her with options and get a final "yes" or "no" response instead of spending hours deciding by myself. She also helped me get creative with designs and even came up with a unique wedding hashtag for the big day. On the actual day of the wedding everything was seamless! I couldn't imagine having set up everything I DIY'd and purchased for the venue without her!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Emily H

I could write a million pages on why Megan is the most amazing person ever and should be involved with every wedding! From the start, we knew we had to have Megan help with our wedding. She was knowledgeable, confident (which came in handy with our very outspoken families), and... Read More really embraced our unique vision of a Tim Burton, gothic, but still romantic wedding. She went above and beyond and out of state even to find us truly unique and perfect vendors that would complete our vision. She always responded very quickly, even to my 3 am panicked emails when I became overwhelmed! Our families came to love her as much as we did and told us how invaluable she was, not only during the planning process, but for the rehearsal and day of the wedding. She was there for every step, and I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of my wedding. If something went wrong, I still to this day have no idea! She truly helped make my wedding neither I, my husband, nor any of our guests will every forget!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kenzie H

I can’t say enough good things about Megan and Dare to Dream Weddings. My husband and I live in CA so we did everything through phone calls and emails and Megan even offered to set up Skype calls if we would like. From the very beginning Megan answered my million questions... Read More with a timely response and always had a solution to something I wasn’t sure about, whether it was a vendor or small design details. The weeks leading up to our wedding Megan took over everything and finished all of the final details. She worked tirelessly to make sure everything was perfect and all of the vendors knew where to be and when. Megan was easily able to get the attention of our 20 person wedding party and run our rehearsal with about 30-40 people. Our wedding day went off without a hitch - and if there were any issues I was completely unaware because Megan took care of every little thing so I didn’t have to worry and could just enjoy our big day. (Which is SO important!) Megan is very knowledgable of the industry, hard working, and so sweet! Not only did we love working with her but so did our family and wedding party. I can’t recommend her enough for your big day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Lauren G

Megan was amazing! She was so organized throughout the entire wedding planning process, gave usgreat recommendations on vedors, and was able to exicute my vision the day of! I am so happy we had her through the entire process and couldnt have done it without her!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Ashley C

Megan and her team at Dare to Dreams were amazing! We used Dare to Dream's month out coordination services and opted for the monthly calls as well. Megan was very professional and was dedicated to completely understanding my husband and my vision for our wedding. She... Read More coordinated our day perfectly! There is a lot of planning that goes into a wedding and Megan ensured all that planning was executed without a hitch. In addition to making sure our wedding was perfectly coordinated, Megan and her assistant Sara made my husband and I feel so cared for throughout the night. Sara would check in on us and see if we needed anything or if we wanted her to get us a drink at the bar. As my husband and I sit back and reflect on our wedding, we hands down think the best use of our money and wedding budget was hiring Dare to Dreams.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Jennifer P

Megan and Dare to Dream Weddings did an amazing job helping me with the final month of planning. She helped me with all those tiny details, that can easily be forgotten. Having her at our wedding the day of was crucial in allowing myself, my husband, and our families the ability... Read More to truly enjoy the day and not worry about a thing. We knew everything was in great hands with Megan, and would recommend her over and over again.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Kendall D

I am SO HAPPY that my mom convinced me to hire Dare to Dream to help us with our wedding day coordination. Our planner was Sara Starck and she was an ABSOLUTE DREAM! We hired her to help with our "month of" planning, and as a bit of a control freak I already had many of the... Read More details worked out by the time we started meeting. Honestly I was a little nervous handing off control to Sara, but she was so sweet and organized and made sure that everything was executed exactly the way I had imagined!!!! And really, as soon as the wedding weekend came along, I was beyond grateful to have Sara there helping us. I really don't know what we would have done without her!! There are so many things you can't control as a bride on your wedding weekend because you are simply not around, and knowing that Sara was doing what I needed her to do while I was busy getting ready, taking pictures, and preparing for our big moment was a blessing beyond words. She pulled me away for pictures when I needed her to, reminded me to eat something when I need her to, and was like my most sober bridesmaid after the reception kicked off :) THANK YOU SARA and Dare to Dream for helping to make our wedding day as perfect as it was!!! If you are a bride and questioning whether you "really need" a wedding planner I hope you read this and make the wise decision to hire one of these special ladies because believe me, YOU SHOULD!!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Sheena C

Wonderful to work with! Megan really understood our needs and kept everything running smoothly during the wedding day! Would recommend DTD over anyone...no questions!

Reviewed on 4/16/2016 Alyssa J

We had the best experience with Dare to Dream! Megan was amazing- from picking out vendors (she really knows the wedding market) to helping us navigate through etiquette questions to organizing everything on the day. People I would talk to couldn't believe I was planning a... Read More wedding, that's how calm I was. I was able to actually enjoy the experience, rather than be stressed out by it- Megan took care of all the logistics. I would highly recommend Dare to Dream to anyone planning a wedding in Milwaukee!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Our experience with Dare to Dream was phenomenal and exceeded our expectations in every way! Working with Megan Potter in the months leading up to our wedding helped us feel relaxed and ready for the day. Her experience and connections to vendors in the Milwaukee area were... Read More invaluable. Megan is very organized and quick to respond, she is happy to give recommendations yet always supportive of the decisions you make. Dare to Dream absolutely enhanced our wedding day and we would recommend them to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Genevieve P

We chose Jen Ganson from Dare to Dream weddings for our 1/9/16 wedding and are so happy we did! From the very beginning Jen helped me stay organized. She sent monthly tasks lists that allowed me to tackle planning one step at a time without getting overwhelmed. Jen accompanied... Read More me to all meetings and took notes which was a great help! She helped me put pieces from pinterest, magazines, wedding shows, and my imagination together to create the exact whimsical, romantic, wintery wedding I always dreamed of! If I could do it all over again I think I would have hired Jen the day we got engaged!

Highly recommend! :)

Reviewed on 11/21/2015

I worked with Jen Ganson as a "day-of planner" and she was great! Jen starts working with you a month before the wedding and pretty much takes care of everything! She's very on top of talking with all of the vendors and is really good with email correspondence. She also meets... Read More with you and is very flexible with meeting dates which was awesome for my husband and I because we had very busy schedules and little time to meet. I couldn't be more happy with having hired Jen, and even my family commented on how nice she was at the ceremony practice/wedding! Best decision ever to hire a day of planner and to go w/ Dare to Dream Weddings :)

Megan A. Potter

Congratulations on your engagement! As the owner of Dare to Dream, I take great pride in our approachable demeanor and dedication to our clients. With a business background from Marquette University and experience in personal event planning I built this business through the creation of vendor relationships that I still value today. Today, Dare to Dream has experience in working with some of the best venues in town including the Pritzlaff, Turner Hall, Grain Exchange and Pier Wisconsin. Happy Planning!