dream big. we dare you.

At Dare to Dream, we believe that planning a wedding should be enjoyable, affordable and of course stress free! From your first consult to your first dance we make sure that no detail is overlooked and that every wedding reflects your unique personality and style. Maybe you need help with just a little or maybe you need help with a lot - either way, we are here to guide you through the planning process so that you can enjoy not only your wedding day but your engagement as well. We pride ourselves on our experience, connections in the community and approachable and fun demeanor. We love weddings and would love to hear from you about yours!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Area & WI (414) 232-4391

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jenny F

Megan from "Dare To Dream Weddings" was our wedding planner for our September 2015 wedding in Milwaukee. We aren't from Milwaukee so my mother thought we needed someone local to help with organizing and picking out vendors, as well as day of set up. I have to admit I thought... Read More she was an unnecessary expense when we first hired her but she turned out to be indispensable. I don't know what we would have done without her. Megan was incredibly professional throughout. She was very clear upfront about her prices and what, exactly, she could do for us (another planner we met with was dubious and it made me nervous). We picked ALL of our vendors based on her recommendations and she facilitated communication with all of them as well. When we had trouble getting anyone to respond to us, Megan got the job done, explaining, "they have more of a motivation to respond to me, or I won't recommend them anymore". She also kept us on budget. With so many hidden costs in planning a wedding, Megan was VERY transparent about how much things would cost us. And she helped us find cheaper alternatives for things that were less important to us. Most of all, she kept us on schedule throughout the entire planning. She would email us monthly with to-do lists and she thought of everything we needed to keep in mind. She also was very good at parsing it out so it never felt overwhelming AND she was good at managing my mother (who wanted to talk about EVERYTHING at once) but without making her feel her concerns were being dismissed. She made the wedding planning feel manageable. As we got closer to the wedding day, she was on top of everything and made a schedule for us and for all of the vendors as well as coordinating the day-of timeline. She did all of our set up for us (which was no small task because we supplied all the decor) and she maintained the timeline so I basically didn't think about anything all day except that I was there with all of the people I loved most and I got to enjoy them because I wasn't worried about vendors or timing. Megan was on top of all of that. She was truly amazing. I don't think I could recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Kate H

I wish I could show video and pictures of the magnificent wedding that Megan helped us plan. My daughter had a definite vision for what she wanted and Megan made every dream come true. Megan's professional knowledge and expertise was invaluable -not only did she help develop... Read More ideas that we had but she made suggestions and offered ideas of her own that enhanced and enriched every aspect of our event. She also had great connections and found just the right vendors to make that vision into reality - all with budget in mind. The look on our bride's face when she entered the venue and saw everything decorated, organized, and set up beyond her every dream was priceless. It was also wonderful to be able to enjoy the day, knowing that Megan had everything covered and was a force to be reckoned with behind the scenes. Megan was the perfect mix of financial planner, time/calendar manager, decorator, general contractor, diplomat, therapist, and hand-holder. She was always available for questions and to offer advice, recommendations, and encouragement. She very adroitly and patiently addressed the needs of the bride and the family and was able to organize an event to be remembered. The guests, family and friends were effusive in their praise. At the end of the evening, we realized that the entire day had been absolutely flawless and our daughter could not think of one thing that she would have changed. Thank you Megan!!!! (we have another daughter so we WILL be calling you again.)

I'd give them a sixth star if I could

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

At the time my wife and I were looking for a wedding planner, across every review site we looked at, Dare to Dream had only five star ratings, in every category. People, that does not happen by accident. My wife and I were married in a joint Hindu-Catholic ceremony with... Read More nearly 200 guests, which we held over Labor Day weekend and began planning in May of the same year (also, we do not live in Wisconsin). Other wedding planners we spoke to said that this would be absolutely no problem (a "piece of cake", if you will), but when we spoke with Megan, she said "OK, that's going to be extremely difficult! We will do our best, but it won't be easy." We hired Megan immediately. The ceremony and reception were spectacular. Megan is pleasant, detail-oriented, knowledgeable, the list goes on. And given how much work she puts into every aspect of the ceremony, I am shocked that Dare to Dream's rates are not double or triple what they are currently. Stop reading and hire Dare to Dream right now, because they are worth every penny. It is seriously not possible to say enough positive things about everything that they do.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kenzie H

I can’t say enough good things about Megan and Dare to Dream Weddings. My husband and I live in CA so we did everything through phone calls and emails and Megan even offered to set up Skype calls if we would like. From the very beginning Megan answered my million questions... Read More with a timely response and always had a solution to something I wasn’t sure about, whether it was a vendor or small design details. The weeks leading up to our wedding Megan took over everything and finished all of the final details. She worked tirelessly to make sure everything was perfect and all of the vendors knew where to be and when. Megan was easily able to get the attention of our 20 person wedding party and run our rehearsal with about 30-40 people. Our wedding day went off without a hitch - and if there were any issues I was completely unaware because Megan took care of every little thing so I didn’t have to worry and could just enjoy our big day. (Which is SO important!) Megan is very knowledgable of the industry, hard working, and so sweet! Not only did we love working with her but so did our family and wedding party. I can’t recommend her enough for your big day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Lauren G

Megan was amazing! She was so organized throughout the entire wedding planning process, gave usgreat recommendations on vedors, and was able to exicute my vision the day of! I am so happy we had her through the entire process and couldnt have done it without her!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Ashley C

Megan and her team at Dare to Dreams were amazing! We used Dare to Dream's month out coordination services and opted for the monthly calls as well. Megan was very professional and was dedicated to completely understanding my husband and my vision for our wedding. She... Read More coordinated our day perfectly! There is a lot of planning that goes into a wedding and Megan ensured all that planning was executed without a hitch. In addition to making sure our wedding was perfectly coordinated, Megan and her assistant Sara made my husband and I feel so cared for throughout the night. Sara would check in on us and see if we needed anything or if we wanted her to get us a drink at the bar. As my husband and I sit back and reflect on our wedding, we hands down think the best use of our money and wedding budget was hiring Dare to Dreams.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Jennifer P

Megan and Dare to Dream Weddings did an amazing job helping me with the final month of planning. She helped me with all those tiny details, that can easily be forgotten. Having her at our wedding the day of was crucial in allowing myself, my husband, and our families the ability... Read More to truly enjoy the day and not worry about a thing. We knew everything was in great hands with Megan, and would recommend her over and over again.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Kendall D

I am SO HAPPY that my mom convinced me to hire Dare to Dream to help us with our wedding day coordination. Our planner was Sara Starck and she was an ABSOLUTE DREAM! We hired her to help with our "month of" planning, and as a bit of a control freak I already had many of the... Read More details worked out by the time we started meeting. Honestly I was a little nervous handing off control to Sara, but she was so sweet and organized and made sure that everything was executed exactly the way I had imagined!!!! And really, as soon as the wedding weekend came along, I was beyond grateful to have Sara there helping us. I really don't know what we would have done without her!! There are so many things you can't control as a bride on your wedding weekend because you are simply not around, and knowing that Sara was doing what I needed her to do while I was busy getting ready, taking pictures, and preparing for our big moment was a blessing beyond words. She pulled me away for pictures when I needed her to, reminded me to eat something when I need her to, and was like my most sober bridesmaid after the reception kicked off :) THANK YOU SARA and Dare to Dream for helping to make our wedding day as perfect as it was!!! If you are a bride and questioning whether you "really need" a wedding planner I hope you read this and make the wise decision to hire one of these special ladies because believe me, YOU SHOULD!!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Sheena C

Wonderful to work with! Megan really understood our needs and kept everything running smoothly during the wedding day! Would recommend DTD over anyone...no questions!

Reviewed on 4/16/2016 Alyssa J

We had the best experience with Dare to Dream! Megan was amazing- from picking out vendors (she really knows the wedding market) to helping us navigate through etiquette questions to organizing everything on the day. People I would talk to couldn't believe I was planning a... Read More wedding, that's how calm I was. I was able to actually enjoy the experience, rather than be stressed out by it- Megan took care of all the logistics. I would highly recommend Dare to Dream to anyone planning a wedding in Milwaukee!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Our experience with Dare to Dream was phenomenal and exceeded our expectations in every way! Working with Megan Potter in the months leading up to our wedding helped us feel relaxed and ready for the day. Her experience and connections to vendors in the Milwaukee area were... Read More invaluable. Megan is very organized and quick to respond, she is happy to give recommendations yet always supportive of the decisions you make. Dare to Dream absolutely enhanced our wedding day and we would recommend them to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Genevieve P

We chose Jen Ganson from Dare to Dream weddings for our 1/9/16 wedding and are so happy we did! From the very beginning Jen helped me stay organized. She sent monthly tasks lists that allowed me to tackle planning one step at a time without getting overwhelmed. Jen accompanied... Read More me to all meetings and took notes which was a great help! She helped me put pieces from pinterest, magazines, wedding shows, and my imagination together to create the exact whimsical, romantic, wintery wedding I always dreamed of! If I could do it all over again I think I would have hired Jen the day we got engaged!

Highly recommend! :)

Reviewed on 11/21/2015

I worked with Jen Ganson as a "day-of planner" and she was great! Jen starts working with you a month before the wedding and pretty much takes care of everything! She's very on top of talking with all of the vendors and is really good with email correspondence. She also meets... Read More with you and is very flexible with meeting dates which was awesome for my husband and I because we had very busy schedules and little time to meet. I couldn't be more happy with having hired Jen, and even my family commented on how nice she was at the ceremony practice/wedding! Best decision ever to hire a day of planner and to go w/ Dare to Dream Weddings :)

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Emily K

We hired Dare to Dream Weddings for a Day of Coordinator about a month before our wedding when I was in a panic about coordinating myself. Jen came in and made the last month so much less stressful! The day of went so smooth and anything that didn't go as planned, Jen took care... Read More of without me even knowing. The day turned out absolutely perfect thanks to Jen!

Would Definitely Recommend!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Annelyse P

Megan and Dare to Dream Weddings has been an absolute pleasure to work with as we planned our wedding. She keeps in constant contact with you, making recommendations on vendors and ideas,and sending monthly task lists to the bride and groom to ensure they stay on track. I... Read More couldn't imagine planning a wedding without Megan. It was so nice on the day of that Megan was there to handle anything and everything and family and friends didn't have to worry about anything going wrong. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner!

Megan was a lifesaver in planning and executing our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Megan, from Dare to Dream Weddings, was a lifesaver. She is very organized, knows great vendors in all aspects of putting on a wedding, and stays on top of the schedule in a courteous and kind way. She did a fantastic job of decorating the reception venue space the day of the... Read More wedding and keeping the day running smoothly and according to the schedule. This allowed all of us involved in the wedding to just relax and enjoy our day. I highly recommend her.

Helped us Relax & Enjoy our Big Day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

We came to Megan halfway through the planning process with a short timeline. She came highly recommended and helped us complete our planning with all the finishing touches. We had the venue and many of the vendors booked already but discovered that we really needed a... Read More professional to help us stay on track and especially the day of the event. She customized a package for us and worked with our vendors to help create a magical evening. She was familiar with our vendors and worked well with them and most important of all, helped keep everyone calm, stay focused and enjoy our big day. I would highly recommend Dare to Dream Weddings!

A pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Amalia T

Jen was a pleasure to work with. She was patient and helped walk us through what we needed to do before the wedding. Most importantly on the day of I didn't worry about anything, I was able to fully enjoy the party. Jen took care of everything.

Dare to Dream was great to work with!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015

Both Megan and Jen did a wonderful job in helping me plan my wedding by keeping me organized and on track. There's so much to do and keep track of for your wedding that it can get very overwhelming at times, but Megan and Jen made it so easy. They truly cut the stress out of the... Read More planning that I was actually able to enjoy the planning of my wedding instead of having to worry about everything. They truly went far and beyond to help make my day the way I had envisioned it to be, stress free and extraordinary. If I had to do it again, I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Jen is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Elisabeth W

Knowing that we were going to be planning our wedding in a 6 month period, I immediately looked for some help. When Jen from Dare to Dream and I met, we immediately clicked. She is wonderful! She was always attentive to my needs and concerns. We chose the top-tier planning... Read More package, so Jen was in charge of setting up all my appointments, contacting vendors, creating and maintaining our budget, and dealing with the day-of timeline. I can't imagine how crazy that day would have been if she wasn't there to help us. She had superior vendor recommendations, and was great at working out packages and prices and conveying that information to me in an unbiased way so that I could choose what I really wanted myself. She was also very flexible about meetings, and was willing to do multiple Skype meetings when I was out of town. Additionally, we got a great bang for our buck. This was a very affordable service compared to other planners, and the money was so well spent.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Katie K

By far the best investment of our wedding! Jen was nothing short of amazing to work with! I had NOTHING to worry about the day of my wedding! Our itinerary that Jen created for us was so detailed and made life so much easier! Thank you for helping turn my dream wedding into... Read More reality!

Absolutely Remarkable

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Kimberly O

Foremost I want to make it clear I was a Dallas bride getting married in Chicago. My work schedule on average was 60-80hrs a week and I was completely oblivious of all things wedding! I had a great experience hiring Jen with DTD wedding planning services. For such a ridiculously... Read More affordable price she was with me from start to finish ( 15 months). From her monthly to do task list, weekly emails and phone calls, Jen was always ready, willing and available to help. I would say DTD is one of the best out there but I've only been married once ( no plans for a re do lol). Jen was very professional, informative and easy to work with. She had many options for vendors we had to select from but was also very willing to follow up with vendors we chose to work with. She would constantly say it's all about what you want. Never got the feeling that she was trying to promote her friends who worked as wedding vendors and if she did they were extremely credible ( Shout out to Fab Flora who did an amazing job). I highly recommend DTD! Thanks so much Jen ( gift mailing out this week I promise ) and Megan Porter for a great job! You made my wedding experience STRESS FREE! I kid you not! With Love, One happy bride

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Janissa M

Megan was wonderful to work with on our wedding. I knew that I needed a wedding planner due to my crazy schedule, but I also still wanted to be involved with the decisions. Hiring Megan was one of the best decisions we made. She was great at keeping me on track as far as... Read More creating monthly task lists for us to do and calming my nerves whenever I freaked out about something that I now realize was minor. Other than an issue out of her control, the wedding and reception went smoothly and we received so many compliments. We highly recommend Megan's services!

Deserves Ten Stars!

Reviewed on 3/13/2015 Karen K

I cannot thank Dare to Dream Weddings enough. We knew early on that we were over our heads in planning our Chicago wedding. I called 3 wedding planners, and I knew within the first few minutes of talking to Megan that I found the right match. We met Jen a few days later, and... Read More we were even more confident that we made the right decision. Jen was very organized and incredibly approachable. She instinctively knew when we needed guidance, when we needed friendly support, and when we needed a good laugh. Our wedding went off without a hitch, was under budget, and six months later our guests are still telling us what a wonderful time they had. We appreciated Jen's expertise and support the most, but we were also blown away by the cost effectiveness of using Dare to Dream. They were the most affordable of the three vendors we considered. Their vendor knowledge also saved us money -- they found better and more affordable vendors than we were finding on our own. They more than paid for themselves in saving us money. I have no doubt that left on own, we would have spent much more and had a less satisfying experience. Look no further -- Megan and Jen the perfect wedding planning choice!

HIGHLY recommend Dare to Dream

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Molly D

I got married in Nov 2014 in Milwaukee and hired Dare to Dream to assist with full wedding planning. Jen was our primary contact, but Jen and Megan work together closely to pitch in where needed. Jen was so incredibly organized and kept me on top of all tasks. She was also... Read More extremely helpful in making vendor recommendations, preparing me for vendor meetings, and ensuring I stayed within my budget. I had nothing to worry about the day of my wedding since Jen orchestrated all the vendors, set up, schedule, final payments, and tips. My fiance and I could honestly enjoy our wedding day without worrying about a thing thanks to Jen. As I searched for wedding planners after getting engaged it was an easy decision to go with Dare to Dream. The cost of services are great compared to competition and I could tell from our initial discussion that Jen was organized, had a great personality, and would be easy to work with. After a little over a year working with Jen, I can't say enough about how happy I am with my decision. Jen went above and beyond to truly help make the day perfect and make my fiance and I feel special. I cannot say enough about Jen and Dare to Dream. I would HIGHLY recommend their services to any brides out there. I don't think you could do much better.

Megan A. Potter

Congratulations on your engagement! As the owner of Dare to Dream, I take great pride in our approachable demeanor and dedication to our clients. With a business background from Marquette University and experience in personal event planning I built this business through the creation of vendor relationships that I still value today. Today, Dare to Dream has experience in working with some of the best venues in town including the Pritzlaff, Turner Hall, Grain Exchange and Pier Wisconsin. Happy Planning!

Start a Conversation!