Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

108 Alexander Ave, Lake Grove, NY (631) 982-2028

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Amanda B

I loved my dress and the girl's dresses so much from David's! Overall the service was great, alterations came out perfect and my wedding gown was amazing!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Michelle F

I went to David's bridal to get a rhinestone belt for my bridal shower dress. I didn't need any appointment and the front desk was very helpful. I was able to bring in my bridal shower dress and compare the different rhinestone belts. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Marie G

What a HORRIFIC experience I had yesterday at the store in Lake Grove!! I had an appointment to figure out my size of a bridesmaid dress and order. I waited over 45 minutes for the extremely distracted and rumpled Becky to arrive at the "welcome desk," even though I had already... Read More found the dress on the rack MYSELF. She then left me in the dressing room for ANOTHER 45 minutes, returned to tell me that it was too big (which was obvious) and that I should try on a size 6. She handed me a different dress but said I should try it on anyway so she could see what a 6 looked like. By the 10 seconds it took to try on the dress (which was a size FOURTEEN by the way), she was gone again. I waited another half hour and my mother went in search of finding her. She then said to follow her to the register. I asked if online discounts were honored in the store and she ignored me - even when I repeated myself. After the third time, she didn't look up from the computer and said she didn't know. Then, after we entered ALL my information, she told me "too bad" that the dress "wouldn't get in time anyway" and there was nothing she could do. I felt horrible - about to cry - and asked if I could get the dress from a different store, pay extra for express shipping, get a similar looking dress, or get the dress in a similar color and she scolded me saying "THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS TALK TO YOUR BRIDE AND TELL HER SHE BETTER PICK A DIFFERENT DRESS." She then turned away and started talking and laughing with the other store worker. This wedding is the first of my 5 best friends getting married in the next 2 years and you can be sure we will NEVER come back to DB for any of these bridesmaid dresses, wedding gowns, or even my bridal party attire when I get married. I cannot believe a store as widespread and renowned as DB would treat their customers so poorly. It is really horrible.

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Danielle W

This particular David's bridal gets a lot of negative reviews but maybe everyone just visited at the wrong time? I made my wedding dress appointment and it was their last appointment for the day. No one was really there so naturally I received all the service I needed. If I went... Read More at a busy time they would undoubtedly have had stuff to do while helping me. I can't remember the name of the girl that helped me but I think her name was Cassie. She was the sweetest girl and so helpful to me. Any time she needed to leave me for any reason she apologized. Sure it wasn't as elaborate as a trip to Kleinfelds in city but you get the experience you pay for. The prices were decent and my dress was absolutely lovely. I only gave it four stars because when I went back for my veil the girl who helped me didn't seem to know what she was doing to the point where I felt bad asking her questions. I ended up finding a nice one in the end though! Overall a satisfying experience.

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Alyssa H

What a great experience I had at this davids Bridal location. I didn't have the best experience at the Massapequa store when I was looking for my wedding dress with my sister from Colorado, 5 year old niece and my mom. The stylist rushed me and did not help with selection of... Read More dresses, it was definitely not the bridal experience. However, I did find my dress after searching myself and trying on 10 dresses! The stylist there told me to order in a petite size since I am 5'3". Of course I listened since she is the stylist! However when the dress arrived, I tried it on & it looked awful. It didn't fit at all as it did in the store. I thought maybe it was because I lost weight due to an illness and I rushed my decision & shouldn't have bought this dress. I was having such an anxiety about it that My mother and I brought the dress in one evening to Lake Grove store, thank goodness we did! The girls were fabulous. I believe her name was Sharon and Rebeca from alterations, as well as the manager were absolutely amazing! They spent time with me and were attentive to every detail. Rebeca knew right away it was a petite and even asked why we bought a petite size. They allows me to try on a normal size and it fit beautifully, and I exchanged my dress. They gave me the true bridal experience with giving me shoes to wear and helped pick out my veil. They were just as excited as I was for completing my look for my big day! I can't wait for Rebeca to do my first dress fitting and to show off this dress. They were absolutely wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Miscelleana T

I went here first find my wedding dress before anywhere else. This is the place I had looked at my whole life to go to someday when I was engaged. I had a pretty good experience at first, but then suddenly my "attendant" disappeared abruptly after my appointment ended. She... Read More didn't say she was leaving or that time was up, she was just gone. My friends and would-be sister-in-law had to start grabbing dresses for me when we realized that she wasn't coming back. It was disappointing especially when I've been dreaming about coming to David's Bridal since I was a kid. Needless to say, I didn't buy my dress from here. I just couldn't get past that kind of treatment to a bride who is looking to spend thousands of dollars. I will say that I came back here to find my veil a few months later. I found the style I wanted, but didn't end up buying one from there either.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Janine S

My dress was beautiful, but they ordered the wrong size. When it came time to exchange it, they only had one size in stock. Way too small. Thank god for Rebecca, the seamstress, she was able to remove the zipper and put a corset in. The scheduling system at david's is... Read More horrible. They set up an appointment and when I showed up, had no record of it.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kristi F

I was so pleased with my experience at DB Lake Grove, especially after some of the bad things I'd heard about DB. My stylist Nancy was sweet, helpful, and knew just what to pull for me. I can't say enough good things about her. She was helping a bridezilla and her opinionated... Read More mother at the same time (Did I really need this woman's input on MY choices too? Horrible!) but Nancy was always there to help me and very polite to her other customers who were being really rude to her. I bought the third dress I tried on and the rhinestone sash she recommended. I couldn't believe my dress buying experience would be so pleasant and easy. Nancy made it so easy and fun. I have a personal seamstress doing the alterations, which I recommend since DB is a bit overpriced that area, but just go your research. My dress and sash have yet to come in but I don't anticipate any problems. Besides, I did my dress shopping early. Ask for Nancy. You won't be sorry!

Kinda Clueless

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Kelly F

I was fairly disappointed with my experience with David's Bridal. When we first tried on dresses, one of my Bridesmaids was going to be 8mos pregnant, and so we seeked counsel from their staff on what dresses would be best. They helped us pick a dress within our budget, and... Read More I ended up picking 2 different options for my brides. I was told at that meeting that the dress we picked would be easy to adjust and perfect for the expected mother. Fast forward to the date we went to order, and they refused to help us pick a size that would be correct for her. They called the seamstress to help, and she told me that the dress we selected was a terrible pick for her to be pregnant in. I couldn't believe it! What a heart breaking moment. We switched her to the other dress and started doing research and meeting with other seamstresses to get help on what to do. We had to reorder her sizes that they pushed us into, and ended up taking the dress elsewhere. Even though we orderd 4-5 mos ahead, many did not show until that month, and they were difficult to work with on adjustments. 3 of the dresses had to be reordered. I wanted to cry every time I had to go there. Not worth the savings really.

Almost had no dress 8 1/2 weeks before my wedding

Reviewed on 1/22/2015

Very bad experience. I went to Davids Bridal because my sister went there for her gown and they did an awesome job for her. I got my gown in October...it was a discontinued dress, last in the store and a size 4. I'm a very small girl a size 0 but they had their seamstress come... Read More out and look she said with out hesitating no problem she could make it fit me. I called for my alterations they made me go in January 9 weeks before my wedding. When i went the alterations woman had me standing for 2 hours full of pins and said she could not get my dress to fit right and she "didn't remember telling me the gown would fit" she claimed they can only size down 2 sizes for it to fit properly. If I would have been told that in the first place I would not have even bought the dress!! So they called around to see if any states had my dress in a smaller size and found one dress in Virginia a size 2 and said it was going to be sent to the store so I could have that dress instead. I get a call a few days later & they can't get my dress and they told me to come look for a new dress. My wedding is in 8 and a half weeks so you could imagine the stress, pressure, and frustration I was feeling. I went that night found nothing I liked and went to Fantasia Bridal in Rocky Point the next day. They asked me to look at dresses but also bring in my dress to see if there was anything they could do. Their seamstress was awesome and said she could definitely fit it to me, pinned it so much better than the David's Bridal seamstress, she saved my dress and it was such a relief. I love that dress I didn't want a new one! So...just a warning I obviously never had to look for a wedding dress before didn't know they could only size down 2 sizes but I should have been told that. I believed the woman who told me she had no problem making it fit. Fantasia Bridal was GREAT. Saved my dress and relieved so much stress. Also they gave me a lot more attention than David's and you could tell they honestly just wanted me to be happy with whatever dress I would wear. I'd recommend going to them first before anywhere else. P.S. I tried on dresses in Fantasia as a back up and received their full attention and care. When I bought my dress at David's Bridal the woman helping me was no where to be found every time I came out in a new dress it was really annoying. Would never go back there for anything.

Overall not bad!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Jenna L

I purchased my bridesmaid dresses from David's bridal. When we went we had an appointment and the employee at David's stayed with us while we pulled the dresses we thought we might want. She found us dressing rooms and then after that just left us! I had had some questions... Read More about colors of the dresses and if certain colors worked with other dresses and she was off helping another bride. I mean I understand that the bride is going to give you more of a sale than the bridesmaid dresses but I still felt she could have been more available to us. However, the dresses came in on time with no issues and everyone's got altered quickly. We also purchased our flower girl dress from David's- we had no issues with the dress. It came in on time and my flower girl loved it. I also got shoes from David's and so did my mom and they were great! The shoes were super comfortable and cute and exactly what we were looking for!

Didn't get that "bride" feeling

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Jillian K

The entire experience with this particular David's Bridal was just "eh". I never felt truly important. I used this shop because it was close to my family. That way they could be part of the dress shopping experience without traveling all the way to Maine. The alterations... Read More department is very frustrating to deal with. When I called to make an appointment they said I could only pick it up on Wednesdays. I was only going to be in NY for the weekend. I have a full time job and could not take too much time to get alterations done. There was also a language barrier involved. I could not understand the woman and I don't think she understood me much either.

Beautiful Floral Invitations

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Amanda P

We ordered our wedding invitations through David's Bridal. The "Blossoms Galore" invitation set the perfect tone for our English Garden wedding. The color (Wisteria) even perfectly matched my bridesmaids' dresses!

dress done

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 sue f

love that you can pick it right off the rack and price was unbeatable!

In love with my dress!

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Jeanine C

I have received so many compliments on my dress and I loved it more and more every time I tried it on! It looked incredible in photos and I am still so happy with my decision on choosing my dress.

Necklace

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Jen n

I got my necklace from here & it was perfect. The price was great too.

Found my perfect dress

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Marjorie V

Had a great experience with davids bridal. Found my gown in minutes and my veil and the price was right!

Decent

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Kimberly

Davids Bridal is a great company! Great selections for all shapes and styles and for every price! However the Lake Grove store isnt the best. Staff is decent, some a better then the others but the bad ones you remember more then the good which is sad. I did get my wedding dress... Read More from davids bridal and ABSOLUTELY loved my dress and got so many compliments on it. We also got it for a great price. However I did not like the alterations team. I had heard other bad reviews and just decided not to go had my fittings there. Over all its not a horrible store I recommend definitely going there to look for your dress and if its there then awesome! But for alterations and additional questions do take your dress else where. Again this is just a rating for this specific store. I was in a Davids bridal in CO and LOVED IT!

horrible experience

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Kathleen L

OMG, they are just awful. I went there shopping for my bridal gown and my bridesmaids. Both experiences were horrible. Quite frankly I am not sure why I even went back for my bridesmaids. Needless to say, I didnt get any dresses from them. FOR MY GOWN: the consultants dont... Read More listen to what you have to say. I repeadly told them i didnt want a traditional dress-i wanted something with ruffles or something else. They kept bringing me princess traditional dresses. They also passed a comment about my father wearing sunglasses in the salon. My father is legally blind and light bothers his eyes. I contacted davids bridal to tell them about my horrible experience and was told i would be contacted back by the district manager. I heard nothing-i wasnt shocked. They clearly dont care about their customers. MY BRIDESMAID DRESSES: i feel they dont care about selling bridesmaid dressed because you get a shared consultant who disappears. They dont like you going through the racks yourself but what is one to do when the consultant is gone for 10-15 min at a time??