Day After Brunch, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2010

466 Jericho Turnpike, Mineola, NY (516) 248-0080

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Jecelyn G

We had a wonderful experience with Dazzling Affairs! From our meetings with Francesca to having Erin and Jessie as our day of coordinators, there was nothing that these ladies couldn't do. Erin was AMAZING!!! She was literally by my side through the morning, after the ceremony,... Read More to the photos at the arboretum after and into the night beyond! She got me into my dress in literally a minute, ties the BEST bows (my belt), bustled my gown at the reception without a hitch and was there for it all! Erin had done my sister's wedding two years ago and I knew she would be perfect for my wedding day too! She was personable, encouraging, made me laugh and more importantly kept me sane & calm!! Erin kept to our schedule and made sure that everything was as it should be for our wedding. Shout out to Jessie as our 2nd coordinator, running around everywhere, taking on the 9 groomsmen and my groom, to running around with us and getting everything set up as we requested. They are exceptional coordinators and awesome people!! We have 1 more sister to go and we will definitely be needing these ladies again!! Thank you isn't enough!! But THANK YOU!!!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kim K

Cannot say enough about Francesca and Libby. From start to finish, they both ensured the day ran smoothly and in a timely and organized fashion. Never had a worry in my mind on my wedding day thanks to them both. They are the best!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Michelle P

FRANCESCA was very RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!! BUYER beware. I would definitely never use any of their services. We wanted to buy wedding favors for my daughters wedding at Jericho Terrace They rack the price of the favor up by 2.00 per favor and then pretend to give... Read More you a discount as an affiliated vendor of the Jericho Terrace. FRANCESCA instead of working with me regarding the price per favor told me "to go ahead and buy the favor elsewhere if I can get it cheaper" what kind of customer service is that? We subsequently purchased 150 favors from another vendor and very happy with both the service and cost of the favor! I would never recommend any of their services to any bride and groom. There are lots of other vendors for favors that are willing to make a customer happy but not Dazzling Affairs! Very poor customer service with RUDE unprofessional staff and owner, GO ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-10-07T10:44:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Michelle for your review. It's unfortunate that we weren't able to accommodate you with the price that you wanted on the favors for your daughter Debbie's wedding... We are very happy to hear that you were able to find someone that suited your... Read Less Read More

Francesca

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Leanna P

Where do I begin?! Francesca was absolutely amazing!!! I will never have another party or event without her!!! She was there for me every step of the way in the planning process. She made sure that I was on track with my planning and helped me with ideas for different designs.... Read More Most importantly, she calmed my down when I had crazy moments. She took care of messes for me before I even knew what they were!! The day of the wedding she was so amazing! She stayed with me all day and basically held my hand thoughout the whole process. I literally worried about NOTHING. The day of the wedding she was there to help me get ready, take pictures,b and stayed the whole night to make sure I was happy. I absolutely love her. I am actually sad that I don't have an excuse to talk to her every week! She was truly amazing. If you are getting married def go to Francesca she will put your mind at ease and help you create a beautiful elegant wedding that will run flawlessly.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Meagan C

I can’t thank Dazzling Affairs for saving my wedding day. Francesca and Libby was absolutely incredible and I can’t say enough about how amazing they are. Francesca was able to really organize my day and really took charge of everything that day. This put my mind so at ease... Read More because I didn’t have to think about anything else besides getting married! Libby was so amazing during my photos. We took many photos in the vineyards and fields, which meant bugs galore. I was getting gnats at times stuck between the lace. She helped me get them out and any grass stains. I just felt they were constantly one step ahead of us with everything. Francesca was able to really organize my bridal party and parents as well. We had a bit of an emergency at our ceremony due to it started raining and it wasn’t supposed to until 9. Francesca and Libby were so on the money and took care of the whole situation. They were able to find solutions on how to make sure our wedding ceremony wasn’t ruined as it started to rain. There was just so many things that they did and I just can’t thank them enough. My family and I would highly recommend them and anyone who is getting married we are passing her name along. We are just so happy that we went with Dazzling Affairs.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Rhonda B

We got married at Westbury Manor yesterday and used Dazzling Affairs for our invitations, place cards and programs. In addition we used them as our day of event planner. Libby and Amanda were my coordinators, and they were amazing. They were extremely detail oriented, and... Read More helped to make our special day go off without a hitch. They made me feel very special and were so attentive to all my needs. I would highly recommend Francesca and her staff! A delight to work with. Rhonda & Ira

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

Proposal is very misleading, vague and ambiguous. Francesca showed us a candlelight display for our daughter's sweet 16. When we picked it up, it was not the one she showed us. Her wording is confusing because she is a very confused person who knows exactly what she is saying... Read More to leave you under the impression that you will get what she shows you on display and at time of pick up the product is not what she showed you. A swift shafter.

Hidden fees

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Bria N

We ordered invitations that were beautiful and I was very pleased with the product. What we were very disappointed in was hidden shipping and tax charges that were not disclosed upon ordering. They say you have to pay in full before ordering then upon pick up your paying an... Read More extra $125! Beware of these charges and shop around because we did find other places (same exact invitations) that would have been a lot cheaper if not for dazzeling affairs shipping costs. The shipping comes to there office too! Most places don't even charge the customer these fees come to find out from our other newlywed friends.

dazzling affairs

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

I have never encountered such a rude business person. Francesca who represents dazzling affairs was hired by my friend to help her out on her wedding day at Jericho Terrace. Francesca pushed through the guests to get to the front without saying excuse me. My poor husband who is... Read More handicapped was shoved as she pushed her way through. Later that evening as I was entering the room I was bent over looking at the seating chart to find my assigned table when Francesca came over and rudely picked up the frame almost smacking me in the head with it. I said umm hello you almost hit me and I trying to find my table...she ignored me and rushed off with frame of seating charts. I was in such shock that a business would hire and use people like Francesca to help out with there wedding. Francesca is a rude individual and needs to be taught manners. I hope brides in the future give there business to other companies who know how to treat others with respect.

A must for your big day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Colleen M

When we decided to have our wedding at my fiance's parents house, we knew we were going to need some help. I did a lot of research and it seemed like the team at Dazzling Affairs were a perfect fit. Hiring Francesca as a day of coordinator was probably the smartest decision we... Read More made. Francesca was absolutely essential to the success of our wedding. She came over to the house twice before the big day. Once to get the lay of the land and again two days before the event to check up on all of our vendor deliveries. In the days before the wedding the weather forecast took a turn for the worse. Francesca worked with our vendors to make sure we were covered (literally making sure we had enough tents and umbrellas). While we were prepared for the rain, we were not prepared for the mud! At this point, our wedding could have gone south fast had Francesca hadn't been there. She moved our entire ceremony location hours before the guests arrived. When our caterer pushed back, since this would mean they would have to set up in an extremely tight timeline, she made it happen. The best part is that I had no idea there were any issues going on downstairs, until I found out the next day. This is because Francesca is incredibly calm, reassuring and professional. I can list a million examples of why you need to hire her. From cleaning the mud off of the dance floor while the guests were eating to writing up a perfectly detailed itinerary for our bridal party and vendors. I have nightmares thinking what I would have had to do if she weren't there! Francesca brought LoriAnn with her as a bridal attendant. With all of the focus on the details of the ceremony and reception, I really never thought about how much help I was going to need. LoriAnn was awesome! Every time I needed something, from lip gloss to help finding the groom to a glass of water, she was right behind me. Never obtrusive and super sweet, she kept me so calm! The absolute best, we can't thank them enough!!!

good

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Natalie S

We used dazzling for addressing my invitations and they came out great. We also used them for day of coordination. We had quite a few mishaps the day of our wedding. I can not say that as a bride I was completely at ease even though I was told frequently throughout the day that... Read More things were fine when it was obvious that it was not. I don't know if the rate for day of coordination was worth the total price but I definitely needed someone there to help out since I knew my family would not be able to handle the task. My advice is to actually meet the day coordinator that you be using. I didn't meet ours until a month before the wedding (the initial meeting was with Francesca who seems very experienced). We did not have her. I think its important to have that meeting before booking so you can see if think you will work well together and with your bridal party. After the wedding several members of my bridal party said that the coordinator snapped at them and spoke condescending toward them, of course I wasn't aware of this at time. Not cool!

BRIDE BEWARE!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Lucienne N

My fiancé (at the time) and I were early on in wedding planning and went here to see what they had to offer. We physically came across a glass "The New Mr. and Mrs." plaque for our dais table. We loved it and for rental it was $65.00 plus a $300.00 security deposit (in case it... Read More got damaged so they can replace). I thought it was really cute for $65.00 and we decided to rent it (I believe this was in January or February). When our crazy wedding week had commenced (mid September 2014), I had my fiancé go pick this up (about 30 minutes away) and to my dismay he called me to tell me that he is not taking it home. He said it was broken and glued back together and the rhinestones that make up the wording were hanging off. When he expressed his concerns over the condition the plaque was in, he was told that she would fix it. She took it to the back room and then came back and he told her he thinks it actually looks worse and she said "you can just cover it up with your flowers, no one will be able to tell." He decided that we did not want that on our dais table in our pictures in the condition it was in and told her we did not sign the contract for the item in this condition and that we would like a refund and won't be taking it for our wedding. The girl told him that she's sorry he feels that way and that they can refund the security but not the $65.00 we paid because "they don't do refunds." He started to get angry because it is absolutely absurd that they would even try to rent something to a Bride and Groom two days before their wedding in the condition that it was in- so he just left. I have already expressed my concern to all of my friends who are getting married because the last thing you need is a vendor who won't give a refund because that's policy. You have enough going on during that time then to have to deal with things like this (at least we did-can't speak for everyone). I was told close to 4 weeks ago that the owner would call me back when she was back from her vacation but of course I never got a call back. I would really hate to see another Bride and Groom go through something like this.

BRIDE BEWARE!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Lucienne N

My fiancé (at the time) and I were early on in wedding planning and went here to see what they had to offer. We physically came across a glass "The New Mr. and Mrs." plaque for our dais table. We loved it and for rental it was $65.00 plus a $300.00 security deposit (in case it... Read More got damaged so they can replace). I thought it was really cute for $65.00 and we decided to rent it (I believe this was in January or February). When our crazy wedding week had commenced (mid September 2014), I had my fiancé go pick this up (about 30 minutes away) and to my dismay he called me to tell me that he is not taking it home. He said it was broken and glued back together and the rhinestones that make up the wording were hanging off. When he expressed his concerns over the condition the plaque was in, he was told that she would fix it. She took it to the back room and then came back and he told her he actually thinks it looks worse and she said "you can just cover it up with your flowers, no one will be able to tell." He decided that we did not want that on our dais table in our pictures in the condition it was in and told her we did not sign the contract for the item in this condition and that we would like a refund and won't be taking it for our wedding. The girl told him that she's sorry he feels that way and that they can refund the security but not the $65.00 we paid because "they don't do refunds." He started to get angry because it is absolutely absurd that they would even try to rent something to a Bride and Groom two days before their wedding in the condition that it was in so he just left. I have already expressed my concern to all of my friends who are getting married because the last thing you need is a vendor who won't give a refund because that's policy. You have enough going on during that time to not have to deal with things like this (at least we did, can't speak for everyone). I was told close to 4 weeks ago that the owner would call me back when she was back from her vacation but of course I never got a call back. I would really hate to see another Bride and Groom go through something like this.

The Best!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Kaitlin H

I don't know how I would have survived the day without Francesca and Libby. They were both so amazing, organized and on top of everything :) They showed up on time (early actually) and worked closely with the vendors to make sure the day ran smoothly. They assisted with the... Read More photographer to make sure all photos that needed to be taken were taken and that we were on time. I would highly recommend Dazzling Affairs to everyone who is getting married!!!

Excellent service

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 sharissa b

I loved the service and the quality of the products I purchased.

Wedding Invitations

Reviewed on 7/06/2013 Theresa C

Dazzling Affairs staff are absolutely amazing and wonderful! Francesca and Erin are warm friendly, accommodating and very professional. Im happy to say they are like friends. Dazzling Affairs has many options to select from and they can help you customize your event. I highly... Read More recommend them for invitations and other planning for your wedding and other special occasions! :)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Alison P

We received so many compliments on our invitations, and Dazzling Affairs was wonderful to work with. They offer so many ways to personalize your invitations and I got my digital proof the next day. Great products, great service, great people.

Best thing we did!

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Ashley S

Francesca made my life so much easier on and leading up the our wedding day! She totally took the pressure off us so that we can enjoy the night and we totally did! She was so on top of everything and fun to have around! From reappling my lipgloss to helping me get in and out of... Read More my dress a hundred times I dont know what I would have done without her that day!

Erin & Franchesca

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 toni ann c

Ask any question and they have a answer. They are very knowledgable and honest. They genuinely care it not just about making a sale for them. I ordered programs and invitations through them and had a consultation with franchesca about our budget and what to expect as far as the... Read More costs of each vendor. We are happy they were their to make the stress of wedding planning less stressful. - Peter & Toni Ann Branch

Great service

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Dyna B

I used dazzling affairs for my invitations and also for initial planning. Francheska and Sophia were great. Due to budget constraints I couldn't afford day of coordination, but I would definitely recommend it.

not for us

Reviewed on 2/03/2013 Xineret E

We went for our first visit with Francesca and were super excited. Unfortunately we left really disappointed, because we were looking for advice on making everything as cheap and nice as possible and she shot our dreams down. She said we were unrealistic with our budget.... Read More Needless to say we did not use her service after the first visit. So if your looking for help or advice in staying under budget this is not the place for you.

Eh

Reviewed on 1/12/2013 Amanda W

We met with Francesca because she was part of our contract with Jericho Terrace. We ordered our save the dates through them and I didn't have a problem with them. They came out very nice. I met with Francesca a couple of times and during the meeting she was helpful. Gave some... Read More good recommendations. However, when she was supposed to get back to me with names and numbers of vendors, she never did. I would email and call and get no response for weeks. And the only time I did get a response was when I told the staff I had been waiting weeks. Then she would say "oh didn't you get my email?" The people she recommended were awful. They would not get back to me as well. They were "too busy". I never had to pay her because of the deal with Jericho, so she may be better if you go to her on your own. I would never go back.

Dazzling Affairs - Long Island wedding gurus!

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Kalli C

Francesca and the girls at Dazzling Affairs are wonderful to work with. If you are having a big wedding, use them!! They made everything go so smoothly, and when an issue came up (like when my out of state guests' bus broke down..) they were able to find a way to take care of... Read More it. I can't recommend them enough if you are having a big wedding, it takes so much of the stress away!!

Event-planning superstar

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Oroma R

Francesca was a life-saver for my wedding. She mapped out my big day in 30-minute increments; co-directed my ceremony rehearsal with the Reverend; contacted all of my vendors within the three weeks leading up to my wedding to make sure everything was set; and most importantly,... Read More she made sure my wedding day was on schedule and moving smoothly. Francesca even "bustled" my veil at the last minute! She and her assistant Sophia treated me and my husband like royalty and anticipated our every need on that day. She made sure our two complicated outfit changes during the reception took place without a hitch. Erin from Dazzling Affairs created beautiful petal cones and ceremony programs, too. Dazzling Affairs is well worth their fee for Wedding Day Coordination. It's clear that Francesca loves her role as an event planner and is a true expert at it. My mom is very thankful that she hired Francesca!

terrible!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Anna D

For my wedding favors I decided to do minibottles of Pearl wedding cake flavored vodka. I went to dazzling affairs because I saw them at a bridal showcase and saw a card box I loved. I ordered little organza bags and custom tags along with the card box in APRIL so that I could... Read More bag up the favors and attach the tags, put them in boxes and have them ready for the catering hall. I figured since the vodka wont go bad I could put everything together very early and it was one less thing I would have to worry about closer to the wedding. The box was $75 to rent but you had to leave a $300 deposit. I paid for everything in cash except for the $300 deposit I left on my credit card. When I placed my order I was told I would get an email in a few weeks of the little tag with a few different designs and I could pick which design I liked. About 2 months later I called and asked where my email was,I was told It did not matter when I placed my order because orders were completed based on the wedding date. I explained to her I didnt want to wait till the last minute to get everything, she assured me I would have them way before the wedding. Long story short about a week and a half before my wedding I received an email with only one sample image and not really what I wanted but I didnt really care at this point so I agreed to the design and asked when I could pick it up. Then I was told the paper for my tags were on back order. My wedding was on a Sat my tags were finally ready for me the Mon before.I had about two days to put together 200 favors on top of the other million things I had to do. My father in law worked near there and offered to pick them. He goes to do so and is told I have a $65 credit. He brings home the supplies and gives me a receipt showing I have a credit. I call up and was told at the time I made the purchase the girl made a mathematical mistake and charged me too much, but they dont give refunds so I could put the credit towards something else, perhaps menus? I flipped out obviously saying my wedding is Sat dont you think I have all my things already, AND it was your error and if my F.I.L. could pick up the cash when he picks up the card box on Thurs. They said no they would send a check. I go on my honeymoon and my F.I.L. returns the card box and he asked them to hold on refunding my deposit because I did have that creditcard anymore. I return from my honeymoon and no check for my $65. They claimed it was sent already and to just wait it out, and I would get my deposit credit immediately on my credit card. This was now about 2.5 weeks later. I called many times asking where my check and refund to my credit card was and each time I was told I would get a call back. Finally the owner called me and told me my credit card was refunded two days ago and my check is on the way. I called my credit card company and they said if it was done two days ago I should have had it by now. My husband called and said we will be there by 8:00 tonight and we expect all our money. We got there at 8:00 and had an envelope with my $65 cash waiting for me and a receipt showing my credit card was refunded the $300 about an hour before we arrived, NOT TWO DAYS AGO like the owner told me. I said its funny its been about 3 weeks and I still never received the check you sent me. She said its on its way, when you receive it just throw it out. I got married Sept 15 and still never got a check. They seemed very nice at first and helpful but not worth it.