Contemporary wedding photojournalism

Wedding collection starts at $4500 - Up to 12-hour coverage - Second shooter/assistant - USB drive - Digital gallery

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Modern

Photo, Second Shooter Available

All California, NYC, nationwide & beyond.
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Monika M

We found Jorge almost by happenstance. We were 5 seconds away from booking another photographer but my husband-t0-be thought we should take one last look. We immediately spotted Jorge's opening photo--the overhead shot of the bride and groom in the water. If you're reading... Read More this then you know the one. The composition, the tones, the lighting...it was the photo editorial we didn't know we were looking for until we saw it. When we met him, the first thing we said was, "we love fashion editorials...typical bridal photos not so much..." Boy did he deliver! As soon as he saw the venue he could not stop his creative juices from flowing (This was the day of, mind you. He had never shot the venue before!). Our venue was one of the oldest farmhouses in Sonoma on a huge vineyard. He shot us in the library, the keeping room, the ballroom, a rundown barn, and of course, the vineyard. And that was probably just half of it. It seemed like he always knew what he wanted to do next. Between himself and his second shooter, Mariah, they knew how to balance telling us what to do to get their shot, and listening to our feedback about what shots we wanted. And all the while making sure we felt comfortable and were having fun. I should mention that my husband and I are not generally excited about being in front of the camera. With Jorge we felt like stars--un-self conscious and at times, simply fabulous! When we received the photos we quickly became overwhelmed trying to pick our favorites to frame. Photo after photo not only brought us back to our amazing day, but it allowed us to see some of the special details in ways that brought the event a whole new life. It was if we were looking at someone else's wedding in a magazine...surreal and full of cinematic drama! Jorge was one of the highlights of our wedding. His amazing energy, his ability to make us feel beautiful, and most definitely his amazing photos. We have recommended him to everyone we've talked to and to anyone who is reading these reviews. He will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Michaela J

Jorge is truly an artist. My favorite thing about him was that he gave great direction and made me feel so comfortable. I typically take very awkward photos, but Jorge made me feel and look like a vogue model. He payed close attention to detail and listened to what I wanted.... Read More He made my wedding day so amazing.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Joseph I

Jorge photographed my fiancé's proposal, and it was nothing sort of spectacular. He was extremely professional and flexible, reassuring my fiancé throughout the planning steps. I didn't even know he was hiding until he came out from behind some bushes, and captured our once in... Read More a lifetime event fantastically well. I highly recommend De La Barra Photography for wedding and engagement needs!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Carlee C

Amazing! Jorge was a breath of fresh air!! I loved how calm he was the day of the wedding and how he just went with the flow. He did a great job at putting everyone at ease. He truly is gifted and can see the beauty in everything. He takes just the right shot to makes things... Read More really stand out. He was all over the place and often people where unaware that he was even there (capturing some great candid moments). For us the photos were very important, at the end of the day when the wedding is over the photos are what you have left. I have never liked the "lets all stand in a line" type of photos. Initially, that is why I was so drawn to Jorge's work. All his photos are well thought out and very clever. The pictures are more than what I could ever imagine! I really don't like to get my photo taken and Jorge made it fun. He made me comfortable and enjoy the whole experience. All of the photos are so creative and he was able to see things that we could not which made looking at the photos even more exciting! I have directed all my friends and family to his blog and they all commented on how truly wonderful the photos are and how much love you can see from everyone at the party. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants not only amazing photos but a fun and creative person to work with.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Whitney V

I am a event planner and recently worked with Jorge on a wedding. Jorge was fantastic and so easy to work with! He is very creative and has such a unique style. I would definitely recommend him and look forward to working with him again.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Madam X

I am a wedding planner, A'Reve Event Production, and recently had the pleasure of working with Jorge. Jorge has a unique eye for shots, love his creativity! Jorge was easy to work with and we have already booked him for another client.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Jose H

Stop looking for a photographer now. You have found him. Jorge's work was everything we wanted and more. We were after something a little away from the normal wedding photography of people standing in lines smiling and wanted more of an editorial style. He knew exactly where we... Read More were coming from and produced a wealth of beautiful shots which captured our day perfectly. It is quite a wonder how he managed to be everywhere at once without being intrusive whatsoever. The man is a ninja. Talented guy with a great eye. Wonderful to work with and no doubt we will again. Thank you so much for all your work. Great shots and I love the presentation box containing the finished product. All about the details.

De La Barra Photography - True Art

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Allison G

I found Jorge De La Barra on The Knot. I was planning a wedding in the Carmel Highlands in two months. I live out of state, so did not have much time to devote to the photographer search, but photography was very important to me as I have been married before and the one thing I... Read More greatly regretted about the actual wedding was the lack of quality photography. De La Barra was priced significantly out of my range, but since my wedding was last minute and he had nothing booked for my day, he was willing to work with my budget. I got incredible photography (on a smaller scale than he usually provides) for a great price. I fell in love with his work based on his blog. He is an artist who captures a mood with his photography. My husband and I are so happy we were able to work with him and would highly recommend him for others seeking high-end wedding photography.

Reviewed on 12/12/2015

Jorge is the best engagement photographer we have ever met. My fiancee and myself have been searching for a good engagement photographer in States for ages. None of the photographers are as unique and artistic as Jorge. Jorge sees things differently and is so imaginative! Every... Read More photo is so tastefully taken and so different from the usual engagement photos. We love them all so much! We had so much fun taking photos with Jorge. He makes us feel at ease and he is really fast! We've met some photographers who took their own sweet time walking around, changing lens, adjusting the lighting and etc. Jorge is really fast and waste no time in taking our photos! He is really experienced and knows what we want in our photos! We are really lucky to meet and engage such a talented photographer like him! It's such a waste that we could not spend more time taking more photos with Jorge at other locations in States. If we could choose all over again, we would not have bother taking photos with other photographers at other locations. We are really thankful to have met Jorge! These photos meant everything to us, for a lifetime :) Thank you so much!

Absolutely Fantastic

Reviewed on 7/02/2015

De la Barra Photography is, simply put, fabulous. Jorge has a terrific eye and a wonderful imagination for creating beautiful and joyful images. My fiancee and I took engagement photos with them and could not have a better time in the process and could not have ended up with... Read More more enjoyable photos. Jorge was fun to work with and really grasped our personalities. Delivery was excellent. All in all, a terrific experience. Highly recommend.

Engagement Shoot

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Heidi A

Jorge shot our engagement pictures and it was such a fantastic experience. From start to finish it was a great day. My husband was NOT looking forward to taking pictures and ended the session glad we did it. When we received the pictures they blew our expectations out of the... Read More water. The pictures are so much more fun than your run of the mill engagement pictures, you can actually tell we are enjoying ourselves (no cheesy fake smiles/poses/etc.) The final prints are works of art. We will treasure these pictures forever.

jorge de la Barra

Sexy. Cool. Captivating. It’s who you are and what I’ll capture. I’ll document your entire wedding day as it unfolds moment by moment. The ones you notice, as well as those you miss. You’ll see how I’m drawn to document all the passion and drama of your wedding day. I've worked alongside several of the most high-end wedding photographers in the industry. It was in the Big Apple that I developed an eye for fashion and storytelling. I believe it is my responsibility to deliver the feelings you had on your special day when you see the images. Every time you look at them.