DeArruda Weddings

Tampa Bay-Sarasota-Naples-Ft. Myers-Orlando-Palm Beaches

Your ceremony! The centerpiece of your wedding day

Choosing the right Officiant is essential to making your dream wedding come true. We have been joining hearts, hands and lives over 30 years. Every ceremony is uniquely crafted to reflect your distinctive style, beliefs and personality. Ready to help you declare your love with grace and charm. Love is holy. And its celebration ought to be happy. We are excited to meet you, to hear your love story, and to help you realize not just the wedding of your dreams, but the marriage of your heart’s desire. We create and conduct non-denominational, Christian and mixed-faith wedding ceremonies that capture the essence of your commitment to the great purposes and gift of married life.

Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Se Habla Español, Planning

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Tampa Bay-Sarasota-Naples-Ft. Myers-Orlando-Palm Beaches (727) 350-1491

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Savanah P

We were looking for a nondenominational/mixed faith officiant who also provided meaningful marriage counseling (which is extremely hard to find, because a lot of "marriage counseling" just involves internet modules and workbooks to get a discount on your FL marriage license.)... Read More From the moment I spoke to Rev. Dearruda on the phone for the first time, I knew that he was going to be the perfect fit! We had multiple counseling sessions with him that were enjoyable, helpful, and meaningful before our special day. He was in constant communication with us and even the other vendors to ensure the wedding planning process and day went as smooth as possible. He even proofread our vows and dealt with all of our ceremony component changes professionally and with ease :) We have received many compliments on our ceremony, and I personally really appreciate how personalized he made it for us and our relationship. He also will provide you with a free counseling session in your first year of marriage, which we will probably take him up on just because he's a cool guy to spend time with ;) But in all seriousness, I'm so thankful for the time and effort Rev. Dearruda put into our ceremony and pre-marital counseling. This really is the most important part of the wedding, and he will make sure it is unforgettable and meaningful! We are so grateful for him!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Alison F

Words don't even do justice to how incredible Reverend DeArruda is! From the pre coaching sessions (which, if anyone is on the fence about signing up for them, absolutely go for it! They were so helpful and enlightening for us as a couple), to the rehearsal where he took... Read More complete control and made us feel at ease, to the actual wedding day, he was amazing. Our ceremony on 3/25/17 was the most beautiful and memorable part of the whole experience and I owe that to Michael DeArruda :) He helped us prepare for and set up the perfect ceremony to suit us, and he also through his own experience and genuine charisma said the perfect words to make us feel blessed. When I couldn't get my vows out (through abundant emotion!) he was so calming and patient which is exactly what I needed. I had forgotten to ask him to bless the food before we ate at the reception and when my dj sprung this on him, he didn't hesitate and it was beautiful. He has a way with words and emotion and I lost track of how many people commented on how incredible our officiant was! He is a wonderful, warm and extremely genuine man. This was his calling in life- his intelligence and knowledge is immense and we (myself, my husband, our parents, and all of our guests) are so thankful and blessed that he performed our wedding ceremony! Book him NOW, you will not regret it for a second. Thank you Reverend!!

2017-06-07T14:21:56 Response from the vendor

Dear Alison and Michael, you put a smile on my face. because I now know I put one in your hearts. Your words have captured what I try to be and do with couples everyday. Nothing is more important than beginning a marriage right, and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Lauren F

We are so thankful we found Rev. DeArruda for our wedding. The marriage coaching sessions were helpful and meant a lot to us. We did not do a rehearsal and the ceremony was flawless! We had multiple family members tell us that it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever... Read More seen. Rev. DeArruda made planning and designing our ceremony easy. He is kind, genuine and made our day so special. We would HIGHLY recommend him!

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Hayley H

Reverend Michael DeArruda went above and beyond expectations for every step of the wedding process. He truly is a humble, caring and engaging individual. He was able to satisfy both families faiths for our ceremony and still keep it modern and personalized (and BEAUTIFUL!) He... Read More also offers marriage coaching, which I too recommend, as it offers an outsiders approach to working out the kinks in your relationship.

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 Nancy B

We found Michael online which can be a little scary. We met via skype since we are in Illinois and were planning a destination wedding. We knew right away that we made the right choice! He has a fantastic personality and took the time to get to know us and always had a... Read More genuine smile on his face. It was obvious he loves what he does! Michael already had a commitment scheduled for the day of our wedding so we changed the time of our ceremony by an hour and it was actually better for us for the sunset photos. We cannot thank Michael enough.

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Megan G

I can't say enough great things about Micheal DeArruda! From the beginning of the process to the very end he was wonderful. I would recommend him to ANYONE looking for an officiant. Several guest talked about how wonderful he did the cermony and we couldn't agree more! If you... Read More are looking for someone, look no further! PS- I never write reviews but for him I felt the need to :)

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Vanessa R

Reverend DeArruda did such an amazing job with our wedding! We got married 11/4/17 in Naples, Florida and had a change in venue one month before due to hurricane Irma, and Rev. DeArruda was flexible throughout the transition, which helped a lot! Finding the right officiant was... Read More very important to my husband and I, since we're from different religious background (Jewish and Catholic), and we wanted to make sure both sides were included in the ceremony. Rev. DeArruda was very responsive through the entire process, and chatted with us via Skype calls and emails to help us plan everything. The rehearsal was also very organized, and our bridal party and guests had nothing but great things to say as well. We highly recommend!

2017-12-09T13:17:45 Response from the vendor

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Woltz. Tomorrow is your 1 month anniversary! Despite the challenges of weather, your love prevailed. It was my great honor to receive your request to create your special ceremony and conduct it. I'm sure that your commitment to one another would... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Stephen S

For anyone who approaches the idea searching for an officiant online, with a certain degree of skepticism, look no further than Micheal DeArruda to calm all of your fears. He is such a genuine and kind person. My wife and I knew he was the right fit for us, soon after we began... Read More to chat during our first meeting over Skype. I urge anyone who is planning to get married in South Florida, even traveling there to do so, to send Michael a message. We look forward to staying in contact with him as the years pass and, hopefully, see him again when we travel back to South Florida!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Ray K

By the time our wedding day had arrived, Michael seemed more like a friend than an officiant. He was consistently available to answer questions during the months leading up to the big day, and he helped organize things during the final minutes before the music started, when... Read More emotions were running highest. We recommend him highly.

2017-10-31T13:23:50 Response from the vendor

By the time the wedding day arrived, you two seemed more like my long time friends, and so it was a great joy to serve you by creating and conducting your wedding ceremony. Your deep care, kindness, generous, open personalities, and love for each other... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 d'Alene M

As we began planning our wedding almost two years ago, we were searching for an officiant that we connected with and would take the time to know us as a couple before the ceremony; as well as some kind of pre-marital counseling course that would help us to examine issues and... Read More develop the skills and tools we needed to ensure our relationship would thrive – what a stroke of luck (divine intervention?) that we found both in Michael DeArruda. Through the counseling course we learned so much about how to communicate with each other more productively and navigate life’s ups and downs, which has come in handy: we aren’t actually married yet, as we have weathered two disasters (one man-made and one natural – thanks a lot, Hurricane Irma), each one causing our wedding to be postponed. Michael has been right with us through everything – his patience, support and sage advice has made all the difference. We are so blessed to know Michael and call him a friend, there is no one else in the world that we could imagine marrying us when we finally get there this December.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Paul R

We could not be happier and more impressed on how professional Michael is to work with. He did an amazing job on our wedding, all our family was impressed. He truly made our ceremony special and we would highly recommend him to anyone. He made our day even more special.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Chris E

Rev. DeArruda officiated our beach ceremony at the Don Cesar on 4/22/17 and the ceremony could not have been more perfect! He is such an outstanding speaker and his words are heart-felt and filled with emotion because he truly believes in the sanctity of marriage. We took part... Read More in his 4 "pre-marital coaching" sessions and they were amazing! He took the time to know us on a personal level individually and as a couple. He truly cared about making our marriage work even after the wedding day. For the ceremony itself he set the tone of respect and reverence; even though we were on the beach he was able to capture and focus the audience's attention on the bride and groom as we made our sacred vows. Several guests commented to us that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever seen. He joined us for our reception after the ceremony and we had a great time celebrating with him! He is a very kind-hearted man who truly cares about the bride and groom and making their wedding day special. He helps the day run smoothly and handles himself with grace and poise. Most importantly, he gives very sound advice and helped us to start our marriage on a solid foundation. I recommend Rev. DeArruda 100%! I would definitely choose him as my officiant again, and hope to stay in touch with him through the years.

2017-05-23T10:05:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Joan and Chris. Such kind words. It was an honor to work with you to prepare you for the most significant characteristic of the rest of your life - your marriage. Now, just one question - about the part where you say "I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Ali-Jae H

Considering that weddings typically involve both a bride and a groom, it seems a bit odd that the reviewing of officiants should be so vastly over-represented by the female perspective. I'd like to offer a change of scenery by providing my thoughts, as a man, on Reverend... Read More DeArruda. First and foremost, Michael is a consummate professional. He is respectful, timely, and organized in his dealings. My wedding ceremony proceeded seamlessly and was perfectly tailored to the wishes of my wife and I, while remaining dynamic and emotionally stirring. But I don't want to dwell on Mr. DeArruda's business acumen or oratory ability, because what places him many steps beyond the average officiant, is that he possesses a set of intangibles that are more easily felt than described. In short, he listens, he is engaged, and he gives poignant advice that conveys a deep, spiritual profundity that very few possess. There is genuine wisdom to be found here. Perhaps the best advice I have for couples considering Michael as their prospective officiant, is that you, as a couple, should absolutely consider his relationship coaching. It is only through thoughtful conversation and interacting that you will legitimately get to know each other; only then will the words spoken at your ceremony ring true with authenticity. Like the marriage you will shortly be entering into, you will get out of these meetings what you put into them. You will doubtlessly be challenged, and may even be compelled to reconsider longstanding beliefs you've held. As a person who participated in this coaching, I am here to tell you that it is worth it. I have the utmost respect for Reverend DeArruda. He is the simply the best.

2017-05-23T10:04:18 Response from the vendor

Dear Mr. & Mrs. H - thank you. Nothing is more rewarding to me than the kind of experience you reported having in the run up to your wedding, and the wedding ceremony itself. I am deeply honored to have been invited into your lives... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Kate H

My husband and I can't even put into words how awesome Michael was on our wedding day! Michael is so professional, funny, kind and we couldn't be happier that we used him as our officiant. On our rehearsal day, Michael rallied the troops and made sure everybody knew what needed... Read More to happen on the big day. On our wedding day, 4/8/17, Michael absolutely rocked it! He kept it light and romantic, and the guests loved our ceremony! 5/5, Michael is the best!!!! We will recommend him to anyone again and again!!! Kate & Sean

2017-05-23T10:04:51 Response from the vendor

Wow, Kate and Sean - sounds like you really enjoyed your wedding. I'm so glad that I could "rally the troops" and bring it all together for you. Your love for and devotion to each other is so obvious, that it made my job little... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Rachel L

If we could give Reverend Michael DeArruda more than a 5 star rating in all categories, we would! We originally found Michael through internet research, and loved his eloquence and compassion. When we contacted Michael, he referred us to his dear friend since he had a prior... Read More obligation during our wedding weekend. We had planned on his dear friend officiating our ceremony. Michael still ensured that all appropriate measures were being taken in a very professional form. Unexpectedly, the week before our wedding, our officiant had an emergency, and could not attend our ceremony. Michael, with no hesitation, made it clear that we were not to panic. He found a way to come to our wedding last minute, and shared the majority of the weekend with us, engaging with all of our friends and family. He still found a way to meet his prior obligation also. In the short amount of time we had with Michael, he took every effort to get to know us. We had many unique connections with him. He is so personable and open. Michael is kind, loving, funny, and understanding. We felt exceptionally at ease. He is very organized, and quick to get back to you about any questions or concerns. He orchestrated the rehearsal seamlessly. Michael made our wedding so special, and so tailored to us. His enthusiasm is one of a kind. We highly recommend Michael to anyone and everyone! He truly cares about the people he marries! He becomes more than an officiant, but a dear friend too.

2017-05-23T15:52:30 Response from the vendor

Dear Mr. & Mrs. M, or should I say friends! For that is what you have become - as with so many of the couples I am blessed to meet, coach and join in marriage. Our unexpected connection for your wedding weekend was truly a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Megan D

Michael was fantastic to work with and made our wedding beautiful We were glad to have done the premarital courses to develop a relationship with Michael and make our ceremony that much more special!

2017-05-23T16:21:44 Response from the vendor

Dear Mr. & Mrs. P - congrats on the first 1/4 of your first year of marriage! How time flies. Thank you for your kind words. It was a joy to work with you to prepare for the most challenging and the most rewarding endeavor... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/19/2017

Michael did a great job of making our ceremony very personal and spiritual. We received so many compliments about how touching our ceremony was!

2017-01-19T14:01:59 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for inviting DeArruda Weddings to create and conduct the centerpiece element of your beautiful day - your ceremony. May the life you are building always be laced with the love and joy of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Christina C

We found Rev. Michael through a vendor search. It was important to us to be able to do pre-marital coaching as well, and he offered both. I thought- who better to do the coaching than the one who will be marrying us!? It made the ceremony feel a lot more personal. I definitely... Read More recommend the coaching sessions- he is easy to talk with and brings to light any situations/ decision making you may have in the future that you most likely are not thinking about/discussing now. The ceremony was wonderful, everyone raved about how beautiful it was. He makes it very easy to put together, and works with you every step of the way to ensure you are getting everything you want out of it. I would recommend his services to anyone. Great guy who will give you the ceremony of your dreams!

2016-11-14T10:46:58 Response from the vendor

Dear Christina and Jared, Congratulations on becoming Mr. and Mrs. It was my honor and privilege to help prepare you for the greatest adventure of your lives. Every part of your day was special, but without the experience of your ceremony it would only have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Sarah B

We originally selected this company because of online reviews. We unfortunately had a hiccup along the way with someone who initially seemed to be a good choice to marry us. This hiccup quickly became a thing of the past as Mr. DeArruda remedied the issue with lightning... Read More precision. He contacted a good friend of his, Daniel Francis, to step in to save the day. Daniel and his wife, Alice, were simply a dream come true. We spoke on the phone initially to break the ice and I felt that I was understood and my opinion well respected right away. We met in person and they blew our minds at how incredibly organized they were and how well dressed and personable as well. There were some minor changes we wanted before the wedding and these were addressed extremely promptly. Each voicemail and e-mail always had a personal touch with our wedding day countdown or some other personal touch that really made the messages that much more special. On our big day, Daniel and his wife were so magnificent. They were dressed well and were so friendly to everyone in attendance. Alice came to see me before I walked down the aisle to make sure I didn't need any last minute assistance with anything. I remember walking down the aisle with my dad and the moment I saw Daniel's face I felt peaceful. His prayers, his words, his story and snippets about us, especially touches of inside jokes, were so personal and heartfelt we both felt as if he had known us for our entire relationship. I was very apprehensive as to the extent of the religious involvement that my husband wanted in the overall ceremony as I did not want to have any guests feel excluded in any way. However, Daniel's words had to have come from above as there is no other way to understand how they were so perfectly matched to us both and to our big day. Thank you to Michael DeArruda for getting us in contact with such an incredible couple. Thank you to Daniel Francis and his wife, Alice, for making our wedding day one to remember and treasure forever. Con mucho carino y amor siempre!

2017-01-19T13:54:11 Response from the vendor

Dear Sarah and Todd, thank you for your honest, detailed and insightful review. I am delighted that you experienced grace from above on your wedding day. Daniel and Alice embody the essence of what we strive to be and do with every couple who blesses... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Lisa H

My husband and I live in Northern Virginia, but decided to get married in St. Petersburg, FL because I am from SW Florida. I was so excited to get married in Florida, but was nervous about finding a great officiant. We wanted a Christ-focused wedding ceremony. But since we were... Read More not involved in a church in the St. Pete/Tampa area, we were concerned that it would be difficult to find the right person to marry us. Our wedding planner suggested Michael DeArruda as a potential officiant. So, we set up a Skype call to see if he would be a good fit. I could not believe how much time Michael spent getting to know us before we had even hired him. He wanted to learn all about us – how we met, our first date, the proposed, etc. After our video conference ended, we knew that Michael was the man to orchestrate the most important ceremony of our lives. We did a pre-marital coaching session with Michael prior to the wedding. For a man that we had only virtually met, we were completely comfortable with Michael. He has an incredibly warm spirit and a smile that puts you completely at ease. We found the coaching session to be enlightening and encouraging. I would definitely recommend that couples do something like this. Michael helped us create a ceremony that was true to who we are and what we wanted. He went over all the parts of the ceremony to make sure it was what we envisioned leading up to the wedding. We did a rehearsal with Michael and all the people in the wedding the evening before the wedding. He made the rehearsal joyful and light-hearted. He was so detailed in helping us (and our wedding party) prepare for the ceremony the next day – where we should look, how to hold our hands, how to put the ring on each other’s fingers, etc. These were all simple things, but things I had never really thought about before. This made the actual wedding ceremony flow effortlessly. My husband is Filipino. So, it was important for us to incorporate some Filipino traditions into our ceremony. We did a cord, veil, and coin ceremony. Michael did such a wonderful job weaving this into our ceremony and explaining the symbolism of each element. My in-laws were so incredibly impressed with how Michael conducted this part of the ceremony. In fact, they said that they had never heard the elements described so beautifully. The entire ceremony was absolutely perfect! The ceremony was exactly as we dreamed and hoped for. It was an honor to have Michael DeArruda be our officiant. Your wedding ceremony is the most important part of your journey to become a married couple. I would absolutely recommend you entrust that to Michael DeArruda of DeArruda Weddings. You will not be disappointed! Thank you Michael!!

2017-01-19T13:44:12 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on finding and claiming each other as your beloved in marriage. It sounds to me like you really experienced your dream wedding. It is always both a privilege and honor for me to meet, counsel and build friendships with couples who are about to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Catrina C

We found Michael on WeddingWire, and he was very responsive right away. We quickly set up an in-person meeting with him (we live about four hours away from Tampa, where we had our wedding). He worked around our schedule, and our first meeting was at a Starbucks. We decided to... Read More book him right away. He was so warm during that first meeting, and we felt like he was taking the time to get to know us and our story. We hadn't considered pre-marital counseling, but it is a service he offered (he did not push it on us at all) and we decided that we might as well give it a try. He was very accommodating with our schedule, and we did 3 out of our 4 sessions on Skype since we were far away. We were so happy with the pre-marital counseling experience - although we didn't think we "needed" it, I think it kept the focus on our relationship during the wedding planning process and it provided us with some insight we may not have had otherwise. He gave us homework before sessions and always provided us with detailed feedback. Going through pre-marital counseling also allowed us to get to know Michael better (and him to get to know us) before the wedding. We were adamant about a few things that we wanted in the ceremony, and he was accommodating to our requests (and provided us with some great constructive criticism). Our ceremony was so special to us (particularly due to the things he said about us as a couple and what he had learned about us through our counseling sessions) and everyone raved about the ceremony. There was laughter and happy tears during the ceremony and we are so thankful to Michael for being a part of our special day and making all the more personal to us.

2016-10-27T10:50:57 Response from the vendor

Hi Catrina and Phillip. Thanks for your kind words. There is no doubt that the time we spent in the pre-marital coaching sessions helped me know and appreciate your relationship so well. What a difference that relationship building between the three of us meant in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley S

Michael has a wonderful way of understanding us as individuals as well as how we come together as a couple. He did a wonderful job on making our ceremony feel like it was our own with a slight traditional feel as well. He is very prompt at responding to any wishes or concerns... Read More and seems to be a very genuine man. My now husband was headfirst on the idea of pre martial counseling, however after meeting Michael he thought it would be a wonderful idea. We both highly recommend him as a wedding officiant along with the pre marital counseling. Thank you, Michael, for help making our day wonderful!

2016-10-27T10:58:45 Response from the vendor

Congrats to you, Ashley and Tyler. Your finding and marrying each other is the fulfillment of a lifetime dream come true. You literally are God gifts to each other. I am so happy for you, and glad that you have invested time, energy, love and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Michelle B

Michael was such a pleasure to work with. He was very supportive and provided great guidance throughout our wedding planning process. He takes the time to have you complete a relationship assessment and meet personally to discuss the results and provides advice accordingly. He... Read More also assisted us with the challenging task of writing statements to one another for our ceremony. He truly cares about the decision you are making and it shows through his work! Our ceremony was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything better! Michael is very very professional, friendly, and passionate about what he does! Thank you again Michael we highly recommend you!

2016-10-27T11:05:53 Response from the vendor

Eric and Michelle, the winds of a tropical hurricane could not stop your love from being celebrated and confirmed on what turned put to be your "sunny" wedding day. Congrats on braving the storm. And may that be your experience throughout all your life together... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Ashleigh H

Michael DeArruda was an instrumental part of our wedding day, and my husband and I would absolutely choose him all over again if we could. He invested a great deal of time in getting to know us before our wedding day, and when he officiated our wedding ceremony, it felt like a... Read More member of our own family was marrying us. He truly has a calling for mentoring marriage-minded couples, and my husband and I consider it a great blessing that we had the opportunity to work with Michael before our wedding and on our wedding day. We are very thankful for him and for his great passion for his work- thank you so much Michael!

2016-10-27T11:12:39 Response from the vendor

Ashleigh and Renzo, the image of your smiling faces is indelibly etched in my mind and heart. Your joy, delight, respect and love for each other is captivating. What you have in your relationship is not only a gift shared by each other, but a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Kelly B

Reverend DeArruda was the very first vendor my husband and I booked for our wedding. We attended a wedding he performed before we got engaged. We both commented on how amazing Reverend DeArruda was. A few months later we got engaged and we immediately knew we had to have... Read More him! We spent some time with him during 4 premarital coaching sessions. I feel like he really got to know us. This made our ceremony that much better because he was able to speak about us and our relationship. He was very easy to work with. We were able to customize our ceremony to make it exactly what we wanted. From the first meeting, to the rehearsal, to the big day, Reverend DeArruda made things easy, and did a fabulous job!

2016-10-27T11:17:05 Response from the vendor

Kelly and Guy, from the moment we sat with one another at your friend's wedding reception to the day you said "I do" to one another, it has been my privilege to know you. I am impressed with your calm and caring way with one... Read Less Read More

Michael DeArruda

Hi, I'm Michael and I'm married. Marriage can be one of the most rewarding journeys in life. Of all the influences on us, nothing comes close to the character of the marriage and family we came from, and the one we will create ourselves. I became a minister to make a positive difference in people's lives. I've been doing that for 30 years by helping couples prepare for the wedding of your dreams and the marriage of your hearts desire. We don't simply "do" weddings, we build lives. My wife and I are a blended family of 4 children, 6 grandchildren and Murphy our rescued Westie-Cairn terrier.