Degas House

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

2306 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Katie D

My husband and I got married at Degas House in August. Cindy and her team made our day incredible! Working with Degas House was a joy, Cindy's correspondance was promt, helpful, and kind. She always went above and beyond to be sure we were happy. The day of the wedding was... Read More was beautiful, stress free, and FUN. All of our guests raved about the food, the venue, and all around atmosphere. The venue is beautiful and uniquely New Orleans. I'd highly recommend getting "The Dressing of the Bride" package. The Estelle suite is stunning and photographs beautifully. Getting ready and having champagne lunch with my bridesmaids/loved ones in such a beatiful, relaxing setting was one of my favorite parts of the whole day. Thank you Cindy and team for a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Madeline D

Mother of the Bride here. Our daughter and her fiance live in China and wanted to come "home" to Louisiana and New Orleans for their wedding, as they both have family and school ties to the area. They wanted an authentic and unique New Orleans venue, as guests came from 3... Read More continents, five countries and 17 states to attend the wedding. Originally the bride and groom estimated 35 people would come, the guest list rsvps were at 120. The Degas House was the perfect venue for their wedding. They are able to accommodate any number of guests from small to large. We love that this is a Non profit Foundation, and historical home, in a unique New Orleans neighborhood. Kudos to Miss Cindy Hoerner, our wedding coordinator, and everyone on staff for pulling everything together for the ceremony and reception. Miss Sharon's appetizers and dinner were absolutely delicious and we had so many options to choose from. Miss Cindy's expertise was so valuable: the day before the wedding she was able to find wonderful hair and makeup people when the original person cancelled. She also recommended a "sparkler special send-off" with a pedicab exit for the Bride and Groom. Fabulous. Miss Cindy was also quite adept at dealing with a Mom in California and the Bride in China, while working with a short planning time frame. The house and courtyard photograph beautifully. We highly recommend the bridal preparation package in the Estelle suite. A bonus was the delicious lunch included with that package. Perfect for the bride and bridesmaids, and the balcony was a great place for photos. And it's a beautiful room for the bride and groom to stay in after the wedding. We also booked the Mathilde suite for the groom and his groomsmen, which worked well for them, too. In closing, the highest compliment I can give to the staff at Degas House, is that, from the moment I arrived until after the sparkler send off, 8 hours later, we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our daughter's wedding. And, as we had hoped, our guests were blown away by the venue, the wonderful food, great music and the hospitality at Degas House. All we had hoped for and more.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Robin S

The Degas House was everything you can imagine for a perfect day. Not only is it a historic building with a rich artistic background, but Cindy Hoerner, the wedding planner will help guide you through this very detailed day. She literally thought of EVERYTHING! Down to an... Read More impromptu second line after the party was dying down. Her and the rest of the staff made this day EFFORTLESS! Everything fell into place and everyone left the evening with smiles on their face. When things went array (like our pedal cab not showing up or my lack of a voice on the day of) she was on it and made arrangements without us even having to worry. Lastly, the Degas House is the one-stop-shop for everything you need. Food, planner, accommodation, and a postcard perfect backdrop. Our 112 guests still talk about how great the food was. And the photos turned out better than I could have imagined with the looming trees in the street and the historic neighborhood. It was such a memorable experience to be able to have our second line through the Treme. I can not recommend this place enough! Book early to make sure you get the date you want!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Connor F

Cindy. Is. Amazing. She made the whole process of scheduling a ceremony sooo easy. I was blown way by their prep for the venue as well. Everything was perfect. They work seemlessly with all involved.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Chelsea S

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony here and it was absolutely perfect. The venue is so beautiful, and the staff makes you feel like family. Cindy is fantastic and so helpful. We loved getting married in their beautiful courtyard, and will enjoy going back to stay for... Read More years to come.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ariane M

Best place ever to celebrate a wedding ! So wonderful and magic, we won't forget this moment in this memorable house and garden.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sonja B

We loved the Degas House. It was the perfect combination of classy and comfortable. Unique and artsy. There was some turnover during the year in the wedding coordinator, which led to some discontinuity. But in the end, we ended up with Cindy who did a great job and helped us... Read More with all the details, especially on the day of the wedding.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

I can't say enough good things about the staff at the Degas House. This definitely isn't your typical wedding venue. The house and courtyard are beautiful and the food is great! Although the weather didn't want to cooperate on our wedding day everyone went above and beyond to... Read More get the courtyard dry it looked perfect for all the pictures. We also stayed in the Estelle Suite which I highly recommend. The brides were treated like royalty all day and we woke up to a huge breakfast the next morning and sat out on the balcony overlooking Esplanade Ave.

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Jessica D

My wife and I can't say enough good things about Degas House! The grounds and historic homes are stunning and Flora helped coordinate the most perfect evening we could have imagined. Every detail of our wedding was a priority for Flora and it was apparent in how hard everyone... Read More worked to make our wedding a success.

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Laura D

The entire team at Degas House will make your event, whatever it may be, PERFECT. I had my rehearsal dinner and Dressing of the Bride there in September, and it could not have gone better. Eva & Flora worked with me to get everything organized and setup so that my weekend was... Read More effortless. We were able to come visit a month or two before the wedding to have our tasting and see the space. The whole atmosphere of the house, courtyard and Estelle suite just oozed New Orleans. And as much as I loved all of that, the best part of my Degas House experience is Mrs. Sharon and the kitchen crew. My in-laws spoke no english at all, and they still managed to communicate and make them all feel welcome & comfortable. And then when I forgot to bring music, they went out of their way to find a sound system that we could use. If you haven't already chosen Degas House for your event, DO IT. I promise it will be one of the best decisions you've ever made.

Wedding Ceremony & Reception

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 brooke s

We just had our Wedding Ceremony & Reception here and couldn't have asked for anything better. The staff and venue are more than words can say. Our Wedding Night was more than we could have ever imagined. They truly went above & beyond our expectations!

2015-11-06T10:35:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for submitting your 5-star review of your wedding & reception at Degas House. We are pleased that we went above and beyond your expectations.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Angela P

I cannot say enough about how absolutely wonderful the staff at and the ambiance at the Degas House were for our wedding. Flora, Marie, Sharon and the rest of the crew went above and beyond, and made our wedding such an enjoyable, relaxing, beautiful and memorable event for us... Read More and our guests. The accommodations were so charming as well. I HIGHLY recommend the Degas House as a place to have a perfect wedding experience, and we can't wait to come back and visit for a weekend getaway! Thank you to everyone at the Degas House! You truly are wonderful!!

2015-11-06T10:18:25 Response from the vendor

What a wonderful review! Thank you! You were kind enough to even mention the names of the staff at Degas House who were responsible for making sure you had the wedding of your dreams. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the event and... Read Less Read More

The easiest part of the day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Alyssa R

The Degas House experience was a dream from the day we started looking into them for our wedding day. We started with Eva and she always responded to our questions, concerns, phone call and emails quickly. On our wedding day we had Flora coordinating and she was on it. She made... Read More sure everyone was in their correct place and everything was running smoothly. We even forgot our flower girl's basket and petals and she magically found something for them and got some petals in a heartbeat. Throughout the night the attendants made sure all of our guests and the groom and I were thoroughly taken care of and I heard the bartender was great. Ms Sharon's food cannot be beat and our guests raved about her cooking all night! Some even said they had gumbo and jambalaya the next day in the French Quarter and it couldn't even come close to the food at the Degas House. I can't wait to see all the beautiful pictures from this wonderful venue that will always have a special place in my heart!

2015-11-06T10:18:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review. As you noted, our wedding coordinators are highly professional and caring. Their goal always is to make sure the bride and groom have the wedding they had hoped for, and to take care of the family and guests, as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Alissa S

The degas house met everyone one of our expectations and more. Our family and friends loved our reception. The courtyard is so awesome. We will highly recommend the degas house to our family and friends for their events. Beautiful New Orleans place

2015-11-06T10:19:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for writing this 5-star review. Our goal is always to meet your expectations, so we appreciate your letting us know we did – and more! We always strive to make sure the family and friends are happy because that makes the bride and... Read Less Read More

Nohrie and John's Resplendent Reception at Degas House!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

When deciding to transform lives, those of Nohrie and John in this instance, there are some of us that choose to manifest in the major, rather than the minor of keys: this is the music of the marriage of myself, a Yankee, to a consummate Confederate this past March, the highest... Read More note being our Reception at the Degas house. The aesthetics of the home: its spectacularly authentic rooms that are simply swoonworthy in taking you back in time, to the grounds that were festooned with the most spectacularly designed arrangements for all of us, designed and executed to perfection by Ms. Eva, our coordinator and Ms. Sharon surpassed all of our expectations...New Orleans led me here and to my husband in the most magical of ways by a combination of coincidence and instinct and our Wedding Reception at the Degas house proved the axiom of following ones' heart and bliss is, indeed, best!

2015-11-06T10:19:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review which was so exceptionally written, it read like a poem. How sweet to write about your reception at Degas House in such a manner! It is obvious that you have a great appreciation for your husband, your marriage, and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Erika C

We are so thankful to Degas House for making our wedding day so special, stress free, and seamless. We're from Chicago, and planning a destination wedding in New Orleans seemed daunting at first, but the expert help of Degas House staff made it easy. Flora is like a wedding... Read More planning James Bond - anytime we needed something she was there to help us get whatever we needed. Need help with finding New Orleans wedding vendors? Done! Need a ride to the restaurant for the rehearsal dinner? No problem! Left something behind at the reception? Already waiting for you in your room! Erin and Alex are ninjas in the kitchen. One of the big draws to New Orleans for us was obviously the FOOD. The dinner Erin and Alex made for our wedding reception was one of the highlights of a very tasty week spent in NOLA. They went out of their way to make sure our vegetarian guests had enough to eat and even made a special vegetarian gumbo that was so good that the non-vegetarians didn't even notice it was meatless. Also have to give big kudos for the brunch - seriously best grits I've ever had in my life. We are so happy we found Degas House. Next to the decision to actually get married, it was the best decision we could've made for our New Orleans wedding.

2015-11-06T10:20:29 Response from the vendor

We love destination weddings. New Orleans is the perfect location for these types of weddings and we consider it a compliment for couples to come here. We also consider it the highest compliment when they choose Degas House for their wedding and/or reception. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amanda P

Eva was awesome and a huge part of my decision to book with Degas House. Unfortunately, she had to retire before my wedding. Her replacement, Flora, was fine. I had no issues with her and she did a great job of coordinating my wedding on the day of. After my wedding, I was... Read More pressured into writing a 5 star review (I assume this is common practice which explains why they have so many 5 star reviews). I told Flora that I couldn't honestly give them 5 stars because I was a little peeved that they had charged me an 18% gratuity for both the cost of the food and the bar; and then the bartenders had out tip jars so my wedding guests felt obligated to tip not knowing I had already paid that 18% gratuity (apparently Degas House just pockets the portion that they charge for bar gratuity). Flora was understanding and offered me $150 back and a 4 night stay "to use when [we] are back in town". There was no contingency attached. I thought that was a fair offer and I wrote the 5 star review even though the accommodations were on the gross side (there was a leak from the ceiling in the Estelle Suite that they had remedied with a towel on the floor). In general, I was very pleased with my wedding. Fast forward to this week -- it has been an absolute nightmare dealing with their current staff trying to get them to honor the offer that Flora made me. At first Cindy told me that they are booked for Thanksgiving weekend, which I could see from their website was not true. When I pushed the issue, she clarified that the rooms are not actually reserved yet but they expect to fill them up for the dates I asked for. She also made it a point to tell me that Flora doesn't work there anymore, as if they are not obligated to honor the offer she made me and they are going above and beyond by offering me anything at all. I pushed back again saying that Flora's offer made no contingency based on Holiday weekends or special events, and since she knew we lived in Alaska when she made the offer it is not reasonable to expect that we would ever be in the area over a non-holiday. She then tells me that they have several FEMA guests staying with them. I have no idea why she brought that up other than to deceive me, because the room I want is STILL available to reserve over the website so obviously even with the FEMA guests, the rooms are not actually full. I told her I don't understand what that has to do with them treating my request differently than someone booking over the website. She said that the owner said to check back a week before and they will know more then. That's right, A WEEK BEFORE. TO PLAN A TRIP FROM ALASKA. I told her that was unacceptable because what she was suggesting is considerably less valuable than what Flora had offered me. Her response to that made the following points: (1) How dare I suggest that they put out their FEMA guests ("It seems by putting a family with 4 small children and a family with special needs children out on the street or in a shelter is okay." To be clear, I never came close to making that suggestion. All I wanted was the room still available on the website.) and (2) I should have told Flora about the tip jars during the wedding. This has been one of the most bizarre and deceptive customer service experiences of my life and I have no idea why an organization would feel that they are not obligated to honor an offer made by their employee just because she no longer works there. Oh, and I never got my $150 either.

2015-11-06T10:21:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review and for letting us know that everything worked well for your wedding, especially since it happened during the retiring and replacement of Eva, who was a very good coordinator. Flora was trained by Eva and worked along with her and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amy K

The Degas House is an exceptional venue that breathes history through its gorgeous walls. Our Krewe de Jeanne d'Arc, a group that honors history, adores this venue because of its authenticity. We hold our annual holiday party here because the decorations are perfect, the staff... Read More is wonderful, the location is excellent, and the vibe is just ideal for anyone who loves our city, our French heritage, and all the artful characters who have come before us. I cannot recommend this venue enough as a place to experience true New Orleans and honor our past, present, and future. We have made this krewe holiday reception an annual tradition and cannot imagine the season without it. Thank you.

2015-11-06T10:26:55 Response from the vendor

It is such a pleasure to have the Krewe hold their annual event at Degas House each year. It is obvious you appreciate all that Degas House has to offer, especially its history. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Nicolas G

Our wedding at the Degas House was truly a magical experience. This is primarily because of the wonderful staff there. From David, the owner, to Eva, the Coordinator, to the chefs and waitstaff, everyone made sure that all aspects of our special day were perfect. The planning... Read More process with Eva went extremely smooth. She explained the various options in detail and helped us to keep the event within our small PhD student budget. On the wedding day, neither my wife nor I had to worry about a thing. Eva was around to keep everyone on task, guest and staff alike, but she only really needed to corral my wild family.The entire staff wanted to be there, which means they are being compensated fairly, and each individual worked hard to ensure that we had a fantastic event. Every detail truly was magnificent: food, decor, and entertainment. Thank you Eva and your staff for everything. We look forward to spending some of our anniversaries in your lovely B&B!

2015-11-06T10:29:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for submitting your 5-star review. Our staff always enjoys helping our brides and grooms achieve the wedding of their dreams. Taking care of their family and friends is all a part of it, and when we do that, it takes away the stress... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

There may be 2 reviews under my name because my husband wrote a review on our wedding account that is under my name, but I HAD to write my own review! We had our destination wedding at the Degas house on 10/23 and it was everything I ever wanted it to be. The staff and venue and... Read More everyone involved completely exceeded any expectations I had. They could not have treated us anymore like royalty. Eva was lovely to work with in our initial planning and when we learned that she was retiring, I was devastated. However, her replacement Flora was fabulous, patient, listened to all my concerns, and had EVERYTHING HANDLED! It was great!!! We had 70 guests, all from out of town and I felt like everyone was blown away by the magical looking venue, the food (great job Ms. Sharon!!!), and the staff. My bridesmaids and I also did the Dressing of the Bride event in the Estelle suite and it was such an awesome way to start our day. I would a thousand times recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in New Orleans.

2015-11-06T10:31:54 Response from the vendor

Wow, I'm not sure we have ever had a review written separately by a bride and groom. This is a great compliment to us because it indicates how satisfied you both were with Degas House, our staff and our services. Thank you for choosing Degas... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jessica B

Eva at Degas House was a pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly as we requested for my husband's parents' 40th Anniversary Brunch. The house is beautiful and has a wonderful Old New Orleans feel. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Mary A

We had a wonderful experience having our wedding and reception at The Degas House. The venue is beautiful and I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed The Dressing of the Bride in the Bridal suite. I felt like a princess. The ladies spilled out onto the beautiful, spacious... Read More balcony where we were treated to a second line parade strolling down the street in front of the Degas House. It was so cool, so New Orleans. We had our wedding ceremony in the spacious courtyard in front of the fountain. Our indoor/outdoor reception included the formal parlors where Edgar Degas painted one of his most famous paintings of the parlor itself. The service was impeccable and Sharon made me feel like I had nothing to worry about. The off street parking included in our package was convenient and accommodated all of our guests. The food was really wonderful and we stayed overnight and had a delicious gourmet breakfast which included a mimosa. The whole experience there was just wonderful and warm.

2015-11-05T20:33:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Word of mouth is our best means of advertisement. We are glad to know that we made you feel like a princess during your “Dressing of the Bride” in the Estelle Suite, as that is what a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melissa M

I had my wedding at the Degas House on October 18, 2015 and loved, loved, loved the venue. It's a beautiful unique, old historic New Orleans location. I had a smaller wedding of 50 guests and they all raved about how fantastic the location is. Flora, our wedding coordinator did... Read More a fabulous job, ensuring everything was set up as we imagined it. She was always there during the reception making sure we had everything we needed. Mrs. Sharon's food was delicious. The wedding and reception was magical at The Degas House.I couldn't picture getting married anywhere else.

2015-11-05T20:35:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review. Wow! You “loved, loved, loved the venue” – we can’t ask for more than that. We have so many different size weddings, from some smaller than yours of 50 guest to 250 guests, and it’s nice to hear that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Carol A

Wow!!! Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The entire Degas team worked wonders. We were treated like royalty. Flora, our coordinator, was very responsive and thoughtful. They gave us everything we asked for and more. My beautiful wife...I can say that now...participated... Read More in their "Dressing of the Bride" offer, which all of the ladies loved (she's writing her own review). The venue is so beautiful inside and out. Luckily, the weather was perfect for us, so we felt like we were in a fairy tale. The food was AMAZING. All of the guests had a great time and were incredibly complimentary of the venue and the Degas House team. There isn't one, single, small, tiny thing I would change about our special night. Also, if you stay there as well, the breakfast is delicious! Get the Bananas Foster French Toast.

2015-11-05T20:37:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review letting us know that your wedding was “absolutely perfect”. Our wedding coordinators treat all our brides and grooms like royalty and we’re pleased that you appreciated it. We can’t wait to read the review that your wife will write about... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

The guests at my son's wedding had a wonderful time at their wedding and reception at Degas House. The staff was very experienced and professional. The setting is unique and beautiful inside the house and outside as well.

2015-10-19T10:11:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you were happy with Degas House for your son's wedding and reception.

Degas House

Our New Orleans-style weddings are a blend of art, history and hospitality. Enjoy an intimate setting of Creole elegance in graceful double parlors, or a New Orleans reception in the French Quarter-style courtyard. Available for ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners & parties up to 350 guests.