Book Your Wedding with Degas House

A BACKYARD IN NEW ORLEANS, LA

Located in historical New Orleans, Degas House expertly combines old-world charm with an artistic setting. Degas House is a Southern mansion that showcases old French Quarter style. In addition to operating as an acclaimed wedding venue and homey bed and breakfast, it is also home to the French Impressionist Master, Edgar Degas. For an elegant outdoor event, select the acclaimed courtyard for your wedding festivities. If you prefer an indoor event, the house offers multiple parlors adorned with opulent decor.

Degas House has an event capacity of 350 guests. For an all-inclusive experience, your guests can stay at this bed and breakfast prior to your wedding.

features French Quarter style, complete with a brick design and an elegant flowing fountain. Manicured trees, flowers and bushes add natural beauty to this location. Degas House provides the tables and chairs for your event. Romantic string lights add to the idyllic atmosphere. Choose the seating arrangement that satisfies your expectations; if desired, add a dance floor for hours of fun at your reception.

of Degas Home are loved for their historical style and furnishings. Enjoy hardwood floors, cozy fireplaces, gorgeous candle chandeliers, gilded mirrors and paintings framed in gold leaf. The parlors and gallery are decorated with historical reproductions and gorgeous sculptures. With the high ceilings and antique furnishings, your event is inundated with classic charm.

Degas House has wedding coordinators to help you plan every detail of your wedding day. It offers off-street parking for up to 90 cars. A uniformed security guard provides a safe, secure atmosphere for your wedding events.

When you book the Degas House for your wedding, you can customize your package so that it satisfies your needs. Optional add-on activities include:

• Engagement party
  • Bridal shower
  • Candlelight rehearsal dinner with champagne
  • Bridal brunch, tea or luncheon
  • Dressing of the bride
  • Honeymoon suite
  • Morning after brunch with champagne

Before departing the Degas House, your guests can take part in a tour of the home or take an art class.

The Family Home of the famous Artist Edgar Degas

Our New Orleans-style weddings are a blend of art, history and Southern Hospitality. Enjoy a romantic and intimate setting in the home of one of the most famous Impressionist artist Edgar Degas. Enjoy the Creole elegance of our graceful double parlors and dining room, which opens out to a French Quarter-style courtyard overlooking Esplanade Avenue which is covered by its huge oak trees. Available for ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners and all other types of events up to 350 guests.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Museum, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

2306 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA (504) 821-5009

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Tucker B

While planning a wedding, I think it's normal to wonder whether everything is going to successfully come together and create this picturesque event that you've had in your mind. The venue, of course, is a key component to any wedding as it provides the backdrop and setting for... Read More everything else. In short, we are so pleased that we picked the Degas House. This historical landmark provided a unique and unforgettable experience. What really made things perfect was its staff. Specifically, Kira successfully and professionally coordinated with all vendors and took on the brunt of the work. She also provided a calming presence that reassured my bride and our families, which is no small feat. Also, Sharron cooked up a storm, making delicious dancing fuel that passed our discerning native New Orleanian taste tests. We are beyond happy with the way our wedding day turned out and a lot of credit goes out to this wonderful venue.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Morgan B

The Degas House is an amazing place to get married! It was so very convenient to be able to get ready at, get married at and then spend the night when the partying was over. Definitely recommend all brides take some stress out of their wedding day and do it this way. We received... Read More nothing but compliments about the food and the atmosphere is already beautiful. Kira, who was recently hired on, was an amazing asset to us. She made sure everything ran smoothly with such grace! Thank you Kira for your hard work.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

I’m originally form New Orleans, my wife - a native Aussie - also loves New Orleans with a feverous passion. So, we didn’t need to look any further once we found the Degas House! The wedding was like something out of a movie! And the Estelle suite - where we stayed that night... Read More - is simply to die for! Everyone in the wedding party absolutely loved it as well! My wife and I could not have asked for a better staff. They really know how to handle all the nuances and answered all of the little questions that arose to help fill in the gaps of planning. A uniquely amazing one-of-a-kind venue for a truly once-in-a-lifetime event. Thank you to David for championing the passion of his life that is Degas & to all the staff (especially the chefs!!! WOW!). -Justin Kipker, Groom

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

We have had several meetings and events at Degas House and have always found the setting and hospitality to be impeccable.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kes K

There is nothing these guys won’t do to ensure your day is perfect. David and his team were there for us every step of the way. If I could give them a million stars, I would. Best day ever!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lisa J

As the Mother of the Groom, I was so grateful my son and his bride chose the Degas House for their wedding and reception. The staff did an excellent job, I heard many great compliments about the Degas House from the guests. The staff did an excellent job, the food and service... Read More were wonderful. The venue itself is gorgeous and unique to New Orleans. Needless to say, both bride and groom were overjoyed as well. Highly recommend the Degas House for your wedding and reception!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Maegan R

We got ready for my good friend’s wedding here. It was a gorgeous setting for getting ready photos! The staff was very accommodating as well. I would definitely recommend this location to brides!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Meagan T

My best friend chose the Degas House to get ready the day of her wedding, and now I know why. It was incredible! The service was wonderful. Not to mention, the place is great if you want gorgeous bridal party photos! If you're looking for a great place for you and your... Read More bridesmaids to get ready the day of your wedding, look no further!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Lauren L

One week ago, my (now) husband and I got married at the Degas House. Now, I have to say that marrying my husband was the best decision I ever made, BUT the second best decision we made was getting married at the Degas House. Not only did the wedding exceed our expectations... Read More (because it did) but it was the most beautiful and well coordinated wedding I have ever been to (and I have been to a lot of weddings). ​The Event Manager, Kira is a dream. She is kind, patient, and extremely talented. She made me feel calm and confident every moment that she could (cause we all know being a bride can be stressful at times). She was honest, well organized and on top of every conversation we had together and every decision that we made. She has a great eye for the space, decor and was exactly where she needed to be during the whole ceremony and reception. Getting married can be nerve racking and stressful, but Kira was a constant source of strength. We are from Los Angeles but both my husband and I love New Orleans, so we knew it was a natural choice to get married there. Having a destination wedding can be scary and all of our decisions were made sight unseen. But with Kira, I never doubted for a second our decision for venue. There are some great venues in New Orleans, but none have the beauty, charm, history or amazing staff like the Degas House. There is truly something magical, unique and beautiful about it! Oh yeah, AND THE FOOD!!! Sharon, thank you Sharon! Trust me when I say that having your wedding at the Degas House you and your guests will be blown away. Sharon's food is like eating the most delicious home cooked meal you have ever had and sharing it with all of your family and friends. We had over 90 guests and (not kidding) every guest said not only was it the best wedding food, but just one of the best meals they had in New Orleans (and that is saying something). Sharon made sure my husband and I had our own plate of appetizers and made sure we had food in front of us at dinner! Sharon and her team go above and beyond! The wedding was as close to perfect as it could be. So many of our guests told us that we ruined future weddings for them. We are so humble and thankful for the Degas House, Kira, Sharon and all of the other amazing staff there. Thank you thank you! Make no mistake, getting married here will be the second best choice you ever make too!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017

I was recently a client of the Degas House, planning a reception for a family event. The staff there was OVER THE TOP as far as being available to us and being extremely accommodating! Sharon Parker, who has been with Degas House for over 20 years, did an amazing job! She puts... Read More her heart and soul into the food as well as making sure that the entire experience is enjoyed by all. I could hear our guests raving about the amazing dishes and there was an abundance of food available throughout the evening as well as a great selection which had been decided upon during a formal tasting beforehand at the Degas House in preparation for the event. Kira did an amazing job and paid close attention to the details of the family as well as the nuances of the event. There was plenty of parking and it was included in the price. I would definitely recommend Degas House, an incredible historic New Orleans venue, for your next memorable family celebration!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Brittany G

Words cannot describe how beautiful my destination wedding at Degas House was on 10.19.17. I have chills just thinking about it! I wish I could relive that day over and over again from start to finish!!!! I did the Dressing of the Bride package and stayed in the Estelle Suite... Read More with my bridal party. It was amazing! The room was perfect. Spacious. Comfortable. Classic. The balcony was gorgeous! We all had our hair and makeup done and the natural lighting was perfect! My mother booked the adjoining Josephine room, which worked out great for adding a little extra space the day of the wedding! The snacks were delicious and of course the champagne was a great touch! I cannot say enough about Kira the event coordinator. I could not have pulled off the wedding without her! She truly ran the show and made sure every detail was taken care of. I did not have a worry in the world with Kira by my side! The ceremony and reception were in the courtyard and Oh My Goodness was it beautiful!!!! We had an evening wedding on a Thursday with only lanterns as decoration and it was seriously all we needed because the venue is that amazing! And the food... the food... so good!!!! Remember, this was a destination wedding, we did not get the chance to revisit New Orleans for a sampling, so we went on Kira's guidance and our friend's and family's preferences... we were not disappointed!!!! Oh, and the staff! Sharon and everyone else working that night thank you so so so so so much! My plate was made for me and my glass of wine was always full! I was shown so much love by the staff that you would have thought they were my family! There is a reason Degas House has amazing reviews and I experienced it first hand! I am beyond grateful and proud to be forever a Degas House bride!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Sarah M

We cannot say enough good things about our experience at Degas House. My husband and I were stunned at just how beautiful everything looked and we were so very grateful to the staff — especially Kira and Sharon — for their hard work and their attentiveness to every little... Read More thing! Our guests keep raving about the venue, the food, the generally atmosphere (and our great band!). We have never had so much fun. This place is really special and it is hard to put its magic into words, but I know we could not have asked for a better place to say "I do"! The outdoor space and courtyard has a way of making your event feel both like intimate gathering and an exuberant party all at the same time. Thanks to all who had a role in making our night perfect!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Rachel B

My wedding day was an absolute dream. I highly recommend staying in the Estelle suite the night before the wedding with your bridesmaids so you all can wake up and have a nice breakfast before hair and makeup without having to worry about meeting at a certain time on the day-of... Read More or forgetting anything due to being in a rush. We had plenty of time to go through our things the night before to make sure we had everything we needed, as well as a spacious room with space enough for 10+ women getting ready. My husband and I also stayed the night in that room, so from the night before to the ceremony to the reception, we didn’t have to go anywhere and it was super convenient! Our only job was to be directed by Kira, our wonderful coordinator, who made sure we were where we needed to be according to our timeline. I chose this venue because of the rich history and old New Orleans character and charm, and it did not disappoint. From the claw foot bath tub to the floor-length windows that opened up to a big, beautiful balcony overlooking Esplanade, and everything in between, these little details made me positively sure that I chose the right venue for us.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Amanda L

For my review of Degas House, I will list/review in separate sections the planning aspect and the actual wedding weekend. My overall review reflects the experience that I had over the course of the planning timeline. Planning with Degas: We are a couple living in Paris that... Read More wanted to gather our families in a beautiful place that celebrates both French and American culture. New Orleans was that place for us, and we just knew after our visit with the Degas House and Cindy (one of the previous coordinators) that Degas House was the perfect place for us. The tasting with Ms. Sharon and her kitchen staff was a wonderful experience (done while we were in Alabama with my family for Christmas) and Cindy's hospitality in person was unmatched. The other parts of planning were exponentially more difficult. We would go days or weeks without hearing from Cindy around the middle of the timeline for our wedding. In one instance, we hadn't heard from her for two weeks and we called Degas to check in. As it turns out, Cindy had been let go and no one had informed us. This was upsetting, but another coordinator named Shawne came in and helped us reorganize the wedding and get everything in order over the course of a few days. She was great at communication and made the process much easier for us. We were happy with this coordinator, but apparently she was having trouble with the Degas House staff behind the scenes and left the week before our wedding. You can imagine how difficult this was, as we were almost finished with our planning/coordination and now had to start over at the end with yet another coordinator. There was a lot of stress and tears, but we were reassured by the staff that everything was being reviewed in our file and that the entire team would take over our wedding (along with Kira, the new coordinator). David, the owner, made himself available for everything leading up to the wedding and gave us his personal cell number to make sure that we were kept happy and stress-free as much as possible. The Wedding Week/Wedding: This is where the 5-star review comes in. The team (Ms. Sharon, David, and Kira) met with us for several hours when we arrived in New Orleans a few days before the wedding. We reviewed everything together, promises were made, and we left much happier than when we arrived (it was pretty devastating to go through). David made it possible for us to move in early on Friday so that we could be ready for the people checking in. The experience from that point on was just absolutely incredible. I (we) felt completely taken care of by the staff and especially the new coordinator Kira. She is an absolute gem and did great on her first wedding! If you want to book your wedding with Degas, don't hesitate to do it now. They seem to be over the coordinator rough patch and Kira is an absolute treasure that would like to make her career with Degas. She was attentive and sweet and made both us and my family/friends feel special. People were bragging on not only the location/party (which was GORGEOUS, just absolutely stunning), but on Kira! She made sure we were fed and sheltered from anything crazy going on behind the scenes. I was one blindingly happy bride thanks to her. David also got behind the bar that night and helped serve drinks when he noticed everyone was swamped with guests! Sharon's food was amazing, and even our pickiest eaters enjoyed her menu. In the end, it was a perfect and I mean PERFECT wedding!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Claudia G

This review is 6 months late, but still well deserved. We were married in February 2017, at the very start of Mardi Gras. Having visited many venues up and down and all around New Orleans, The Degas House was a last minute and most welcoming addition. From that first meeting... Read More with Cindy we felt at home in New Orleans, and knew this was exactly the hospitality we wanted to extend to our guests. We were on a budget, knowing we wanted to host our guests for 4 days of varied events, to really give them a taste of New Orleans, and the Degas House made that possible. It is a 1-stop shop for cocktails and reception, amazing indoor and outdoor layout, home made local cuisine, and a hospitable staff. I found photos of many types of weddings here - from highly elegant to colorful and unique, we opted for an elegant 'backyard' wedding, showcasing the beauty of the space itself. Cindy and the team were incredibly accommodating allowing us to ship all of our decor over in advance and storing it, making sure we were always fed well, patiently answering all our questions and handling any situations day of the wedding for us. We also rented the bridal suite, and it was beautiful for photos, plenty of room for all the friends and family who were hanging out while we were getting ready and a beautiful huge bed to rest in. Truly a memorable day for us and our family. If you want to give your guests a true taste of New Orleans hospitality, I highly recommend the Degas House

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Katie T

Our wedding experience at the Degas House was superb! We were searching for a wedding/reception venue where as much as possible could be taken care of in-house and Degas House did! Everything was taken care of by the amazing staff and all of our additional vendors were... Read More communicated with clearly. They made what is usually a very stressful day very, very enjoyable. AND the food was AMAZING! All guests could not stop raving about how delicious everything was. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special!

2017-06-29T10:54:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for submitting your 5-Star review on The Knot. We are thrilled that you describe your wedding experience at Degas House as “superb”. We realize that planning a wedding is a very difficult and stressful experience, so we believe that our handling as much... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Justin K

Our wedding at the Degas House was nothing short of perfect! Shawne, the planner and organizer and her staff provided first-class service and assistance and gave great advice throughout the event. Our stay that night in the Estele Suite was picture-perfect and comfortable.... Read More Brunch and coffee in the morning tasted great, hats off to the cooks at Degas as well! Thank you so much!

2017-06-22T15:30:49 Response from the vendor

When a bride or groom says in their review that their wedding was "nothing short of perfect!", there's not much else we can say! Thank you for your wonderful 5-Star review. We're happy that you also enjoyed your stay in The Estelle Suite, undoubtably the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Catherine A

What a beautiful wedding we had at the Degas House! It was truly a dream wedding, in such a naturally beautiful place. Cindy was great the day of the wedding making sure my husband and I knew where to go and when. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars is because I wasn't the only... Read More person in contact with the wedding coordinator. My mom and mother-in-law kept in contact with her throughout the wedding process. I was told that communication could have been better in certain situations, and this is why I'm giving it this rating. Other than that everything was amazing!

2017-05-11T19:29:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your honesty and for writing the review. Overall, it seems that you were pleased with how your wedding turned out, but it always helps us to know where we need to do better. We will work on better communication for future events... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Meredith Lena H

There is a reason why this place has been voted best wedding venue over and over. We are so happy with how everything turned out. Cindy helped us so much with the planning and coordinating and made our day so personal and special. The whole venue is just gorgeous, even in the... Read More pouring rain. The Bridal suite and "Dressing of the Bride" package is really magical and everyone had an amazing time from start to finish. The staff is hard-working and super friendly and everything flows so smoothly! The neighborhood is beautiful too, and our second line was so much fun. I definitely recommend Degas House for your event. They will not let you down.

2017-05-11T19:27:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review of Degas House, and for the 5-star rating. There is little we can add to your comments because you "said it all". We are so happy you chose us, happy you were pleased with the staff, and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Candes S

The Degas House was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding and reception. Cindy Horner, our wedding planner, was there every step of the way to offer advice and comfort!! She is experienced and knowledgeable about how to make a wedding affordable, yet everything our... Read More daughter dreamed it would be. We had a last minute crisis with the cake and Cindy waved her magic wand and it was perfect! Our guests offered many compliments on the food, service and ambience - it was a beautiful, memorable night! Thank you to Cindy and all the staff.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Connor F

Cindy. Is. Amazing. She made the whole process of scheduling a ceremony sooo easy. I was blown way by their prep for the venue as well. Everything was perfect. They work seemlessly with all involved.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Chelsea S

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony here and it was absolutely perfect. The venue is so beautiful, and the staff makes you feel like family. Cindy is fantastic and so helpful. We loved getting married in their beautiful courtyard, and will enjoy going back to stay for... Read More years to come.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ariane M

Best place ever to celebrate a wedding ! So wonderful and magic, we won't forget this moment in this memorable house and garden.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Katie D

My husband and I got married at Degas House in August. Cindy and her team made our day incredible! Working with Degas House was a joy, Cindy's correspondance was promt, helpful, and kind. She always went above and beyond to be sure we were happy. The day of the wedding was... Read More was beautiful, stress free, and FUN. All of our guests raved about the food, the venue, and all around atmosphere. The venue is beautiful and uniquely New Orleans. I'd highly recommend getting "The Dressing of the Bride" package. The Estelle suite is stunning and photographs beautifully. Getting ready and having champagne lunch with my bridesmaids/loved ones in such a beatiful, relaxing setting was one of my favorite parts of the whole day. Thank you Cindy and team for a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sonja B

We loved the Degas House. It was the perfect combination of classy and comfortable. Unique and artsy. There was some turnover during the year in the wedding coordinator, which led to some discontinuity. But in the end, we ended up with Cindy who did a great job and helped us... Read More with all the details, especially on the day of the wedding.

Meet The Coordinator