Book Your Wedding with Deity Events

A HISTORIC VENUE IN BROOKLYN, NY

Deity Events is located in bustling Brooklyn, New York. This unique venue is a popular spot for non-traditional weddings and is owned and operated by a married couple who had their own ceremony at Deity Events in 2007. The entrance to the venue is a beautifully ornate iron gate with an illuminated brick passageway that leads down to where the events take place. With lots of exposed brick, this is a intimate and charming space with plenty of candlelight that is ideal for a romantic and intimate wedding celebration.

For a reception or even a cocktail hour, guests can walk through the iron gate to a large room that is distinctive and memorable with handmade stained glass art. Comfortable seating and a bar make this a great spot for guests to relax and mingle.

The room upstairs is bright and airy with long, white chiffon draping. This room can be used for the ceremony or for food service.

For dancing, guests can head down to the entertaining floor to continue the festivities. Unique details throughout Deity Events really make this spot one to remember. The venue can accommodate up to 300 guests for a cocktail reception or 150 for a seated reception.

Deity Events provides the bride and groom with an all-inclusive package. Booking a wedding at Deity Events will give the bridal couple six hours of event time. Bar services are available at the venue and can be customized depending on budget, so couples can choose from a well or hosted bar, as well as an open tab or open bar. There are no extra fees for cake cutting or serving and there is no rental fee for chairs, china, linens or furniture that is already set up at the venue.

To help with planning, Deity Events can provide the bridal couple with a list of preferred vendors they have worked with in the past, from officiants to photographers. Deity Events has on-site catering and will help customize the menu for the wedding reception. The style of cuisine served is upscale comfort food that is sure to please guests. Although there are no wedding cake services provided through the venue, there is a fantastic dessert selection available.

The venue will provide a DJ and sound engineer for the day of the wedding, that can work with the bridal couple to create song lists for the reception and dancing portion of the evening.

Each room at Deity Events is fully wired and has a microphone, so there is no need to rent from an outside vendor.

• Deity Events provides a doorman and a coat check
  • Unlike many venues, Deity Events encourages candlelit decor and will make sure the candles are set up
  • The venue is within walking distance of six different hotels, so it's convenient for out-of-town guests

Full Service Brooklyn Wedding Venue

Deity is a unique, full-service Brooklyn Wedding and Event Space. All-inclusive Wedding packages offer use of venue for ceremonies, receptions, cocktail parties, seated dinners and dancing. An affordable, non-traditional Wedding and Private Event venue. Our stress-free, all in-house approach features catering with an executive chef, day-of coordination and event captain, a full bar with professional wait staff, DJ and optimized sound system, on-site furniture, linens as well as complimentary candle décor. Romantic, candle-lit 3 rooms of exposed brick with over 5,000 sq ft of space. Designed by local Brooklyn artists for a one-of-a-kind NYC experience.

Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

368 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY (718) 222-3692

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Joyce M

We hosted our wedding at Deity this May 2017 and have nothing but compliments for the staff, venue, and overall experience. We chose a Saturday afternoon wedding to make it convenient for our guests. The planning process was very smooth with Yulia and Caio guiding us along the... Read More way – from setting the schedule and selecting the menu to arranging the DJ call, Deity was really supportive throughout the planning process and gave us friendly and helpful advice. Here is what we liked the most about Deity (in no particular order). 1) Food was really great and plentiful - the everything crusted tuna, leg of lamb, mac and cheese, among other dishes, were delicious as mains, while the hor dourves were so tasty (lobster rolls, crab cakes, steak toasts, dips, grilled cheeses in particular). We all ate so much! My guests told me that they didn’t expect such great food at a wedding venue and it was a great community experience to have it served family style by table 2) Venue is beautiful and unique, while being very accessible to public transit – I loved the 3 floor design which separated the ceremony space, reception area, and dance floor. The venue lighting and decorations itself meant that we didn’t have to worry about flowers/additional decorations, which was very nice. The space itself is really memorable – not generic at all, as each floor has a completely different ‘feel’ which was really exciting to guests 3) Extremely supportive and professional staff – Everything went so smooth from arranging the ceremony entrances, keeping us on schedule for all the main events, and directing guest flow to helping one of my husband’s elderly guests manage the stairs and getting me a slice of cake that I wanted to eat (we had 10 different flavors). The staff was very friendly throughout and accommodating, and they had a sophisticated ear-piece communication system that helped coordinate any requests quickly. DJ Jamal also did a fantastic job in handling some of our quirkier music requests (IE: Chinese ‘oldies’ music from the 1970s for my parents). This meant that on the day, everything was completely handled for us so that we could just enjoy, relax, and savor the moment rather than worrying about details 4) Small touches to make the day so special – Throughout the day, Deity staff helped arrange some private moments between my husband and me which made my wedding even more special 5) Planning was extremely easy – Especially when I compared myself to friends who had to worry separately about coordinating many vendors (DJ, caterer, florist, wedding planner, fixture provider), Deity centralized all these critical components and made it very efficient. Especially when comparing to some of my friends, I think the amount of effort involved in planning was cut down by at least ~70-80%, which is great for busy people 6) Amazing value and great one price bundle - I really liked the one price bundle (fixed price inclusive of all service/tax – very transparent) and we got so much happiness and value from what we spent I really can’t think of many draw-backs. We had ~80 guests at our wedding – this space would do less well with a massive wedding I’d like to add that I don’t typically write reviews but felt compelled to since Deity is really deserving of all the praise that you’ve likely seen in other reviews. I honestly don’t know how my wedding could have turned out better and I now have so many wonderful memories

2017-07-17T16:04:25 Response from the vendor

From the bottom of our hearts thank you for this touching review. The entire staff feels great pride in what we do and are individually overjoyed with such compliments you have just given us. I hope you get a chance to be our guest again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Chi T

My one-liner if you don't read the rest: I wish I was a guest at our own wedding so that I could have enjoyed the lovely evening at Deity without the inevitable stresses that comes with being a bride. It was that good and this is all thanks to the amazing service and space. Our... Read More wedding surpassed our expectations and was beautifully orchestrated thanks to Caio and his wonderful staff. Deity was the only venue we checked out and we knew it was the right space for us immediately. Once we locked in the date, Caio handled all of the correspondence and planning from beginning to end. As far as weddings go, he made the whole process stress-free. He is super responsive and takes each wedding very seriously. This is no conveyor belt type of place. 2 months ahead of the wedding, we had a sit down with Caio to go through the day of schedule. Caio was patient, detailed, accommodative and touched upon every little aspect of the wedding (super important!) during the meeting. STAFF: Caio and the staff were attentive and accommodative. They tended to our needs and went out of the way to handle a few of our special requests. Anna was assigned to ensure I was attended to, she even helped with holding my dress as I walked up and down the stairs. The service was impeccable and just seamless. Without us asking, the staff even helped move some of the flowers from the reception down to the cellar to ensure the cake and cupcake display was at its finest. Thanks to Caio and his staff, the two of us did not need to worry about a thing. FOOD & DRINKS: Delicious. I wish I can go back for a meal! Regarding the drinks, as our friend said - the drinks kept coming out. Two thumbs up! Bottom line, the staff were on their A-game throughout the night; our friends still rave about how great of a time they had at Deity.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lindsey H

My husband and I had our wedding at Deity October 22, 2016. While we knew our day would be special we truly could not have asked for a better evening. Shortly after we got engaged we both decided we didn’t want a typical stuffy, ballroom “purple lighting” extravaganza of a... Read More wedding. We wanted something small, intimate, unique, something that fit both of our personalities. I, take credit for finding Deity, a venue that literally fit every thing we were looking for. From our first walk through we knew it was perfect. The exposed brick walls, the wood floors, the romantic lighting throughout the entire space...complete perfection. Throughout the wedding planning process Caio, the owner of the venue was so awesome to work with. He was extremely responsive to emails and very patient with me the bride (aka wedding planner). I’ve never planned a big event before and while I pride myself on my organizational skills there was still a lot of blanks that needed to be filled in..which Caio was happy to do. Our vendors, all recommended by Deity, were top notch as well. Charlotte from Floral Heights and Nikola from Le Image Photography were a pleasure to work with. The evening of our wedding could not have gone better. The entire staff at Deity is truly amazing! Yulia, our day of coordinator, in particular was beyond words. She was super organized, thoughtful, patient, and extremely attentive to detail, both of our families, and each one of our guests. She often checked in with our parents throughout the night and my husband’s parents (both of which would tell us if they were unimpressed) could not have been more pleased. One of the best moments of the night for me was after the ceremony Yulia and the staff had set up a small candlelit table full of hors d'oeuvres and two glasses of champagne for just us. Caio had mentioned this to us prior (he had said how important it was for us to take a moment to gather our thoughts and relish in the fact that we just got married!!) but this honestly was so perfect. It was exactly what my husband and I needed after such a busy, exhausting day and a big rejuvenation before several more hours of being “on”. Dinner was great. The food was delicious. We went with the BBQ chicken and filet as main courses and I cannot tell you how yummy the BBQ chicken was. My husband’s step father commented that the filet was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. Definitely not would you would expect from a wedding venue. Jamal, the DJ was great as well. We gave him our request of mostly 90’s and 2000’s music and he delivered. He kept the crowd and energy up until the very end. At my request my cousin put together a slide show for what I thought would just be our rehearsal dinner. When I asked if it was possible to show at the wedding (just a week or two before) Caio was more than happy to accommodate. He literally said have her bring her laptop and we’ll do the rest. The night of, screens came down from the ceiling and everyone was able to enjoy the show without a glitch. I would absolutely recommend Deity for your wedding. The space itself has so much character and the staff is simply icing on the cake. Obviously, the staff does this every weekend but they honestly make you feel like everything that is done is done just for you. They make you feel how you should on your wedding day...special!!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Jesse C

Coming up on our 1 year anniversary, I can’t believe a year has passed without giving praise where it is long overdue. My husband and I were married on New Year’s Eve at Deity, and truly had the best day of our lives. We both wanted to celebrate our wedding in the NYC area, and... Read More came across Deity on more than one occasion during our venue search. We visited Deity for the first time toward the end of a long weekend venue tour. After just a few minutes of conversation and confirmation that New Year’s Eve was available, we knew Deity was the absolute best option. After we confirmed our date well in advance, we began meeting and communicating with Yulia about the details leading up to our big day. Neither of us went into the wedding planning with many specific requests, and Yulia made sure we thought about things that turned out to be incredibly important. She and Caio remained in constant communication during the time leading up to our big day. Our ceremony went off without a hitch, and Yulia made sure we were able to eat and enjoy our time for a few minutes before we were off to enjoy our guests. Dinner service was perfect, and everyone had more than enough to eat and drink. We chose to do a family style dinner, which was a huge hit with our guests. They all raved about the food from the appetizer selection to the dinner choices. We both have a few family members with specific dietary restrictions that were over the moon with their ability to have excellent choices as well! DJ Jamal started the night of dancing downstairs with all of our requests, and enough hits to please absolutely everyone. Since we married on New Year’s Eve, the entire Deity team did an exceptional job of making sure everyone was around and ready to ring in the New Year. Coming upon the year anniversary of our amazing day has resulted in an abundance of family and friends all reaching out to let us know they won’t be able to top the night Yulia, James, Jamal, Caio, and the rest of the Deity staff provided for us. I truly cannot recommend this venue enough, as they really have this event business down to an art. Thank you to the entire team at Deity for all that you do!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Dayna T

If we could, we'd rate more than 5 stars for the Deity! From the moment we first visited the venue, the staff could not have been more friendly, informative and accommodating, and after visiting a handful of other locations, we knew that the Deity was our top pick. Caio, James,... Read More Yulia and the whole Deity team are not only some of the nicest people you could meet, but they are extremely professional, and we had complete trust in them to make sure our day was perfect. We live abroad, which is a bit of added pressure when planning a wedding, but the team was very responsive and efficient in answering any questions we had, even down to the smallest details, so we knew we were in great hands. The team is also very honest about costs, and it was really refreshing to know that they have your best interest in mind when discussing budgets, never pressuring you to overspend. We booked the full space for our wedding, including the suite, and we had an amazing day, with wonderful pictures to keep the memories. Our guests had an wonderful time celebrating with us and were extremely complementary of the venue, the food and the service, so we could not have been happier with our choice. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again to the Deity for helping to make our wedding day so fun and memorable!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Nicole V

There are not enough words to express how perfect our wedding day was and so much of that is thanks to Deity and their amazing staff. We were married in January 2017. Caio, Yulia and James were all wonderful and made planning our wedding so easy. Everything was perfectly planned... Read More out and from beginning to end, they were with us every step of the way. The price is very reasonable, especially compared to other Brooklyn venues and definitely worth every penny. The venue itself is spectacular with beautiful lights and candles everywhere and in our opinion needed little or no extra decorations which not only saved money but much stress too. The food was delicious and very plentiful, so many of our guests still comment on how good it was. The staff made sure that me and my husband ate ahead of time before the reception, just he and I, which was a perfect touch. DJ Trauma was amazing and kept us dancing all night. Every last detail was thought of and every request was tended to. We really can’t thank everyone enough for making our reception even better than what we could have imagined. You definitely won’t be disappointed with this place. There is not one thing we would change!! The night of course flew by and we didn’t want it to end! Many thanks again to everyone at Deity!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Patricia B

My new husband and I are still on cloud nine after our magical, wonderful, perfect wedding at Deity. Everything was amazing from start to finish. We rented the bridal suite on the top floor, and my bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law loved getting ready in the beautiful space... Read More and taking lots of amazing pictures in the suite and on the roof deck. The ceremony was absolutely lovely standing in front of the exposed brick and twinkly lights. Throughout the night, our guests couldn’t stop raving about the food and signature drinks. They loved the family style dinner and getting to taste all the delicious dishes. Glasses were never empty for long, and everyone had the best time. We are especially appreciative of the staff. Caio was great to work with from the time of our first appointment, easy to reach by email and thoughtful in answering all of our questions. Yulia took care of everything the day of, from making sure all our DIY touches were arranged perfectly around the venue, taking care of a sick guest, arranging for my husband and I to have some quiet moments to ourselves, and doing a million more things behind the scenes to make sure the day ran smoothly. Anna took great care of me as well, from helping to touch up my hair and dress when needed to making sure I always had a glass of champagne on the dance floor! DJ Jamal was so great – he really listened to what we wanted and created the dance party of our dreams! I would recommend Deity to any couple planning their wedding. We really couldn’t be happier – it was everything we could have wished for and more.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Chris L

Deity completely exceeded my expectations. My husband and I got married on November 11th at Deity. From the time we signed the contract, it was an amazing experience. Working with the owner regarding vendors or parts of the wedding we were looking to incorporate was seamless.... Read More When it came time to work with the (INCLUDED) day of coordinator (Yulia) it only enhanced the experience. My husband and I made a lot of do it yourself things for the venue/for the guests and had lots of fun surprises and Yulia made all of then happen!!! The day of completely exceeded my expectations. Let Yulia and her team handle everything, you won't regret it. I still can't believe how incredible the night was, especially it being so stress free. I can't say enough nice things because it truly exceeded any expectation I had. Thank you guys for making our day truly the best day/nigjht of our lives!

2017-11-30T13:03:39 Response from the vendor

WOW! Thank you for the incredible review and compliments about our staff. I am very happy we were able to accomplish the stress free day you were looking for. Deity wishes you and your new husband a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Ann-Alisa T

11/17/17 My wedding at Deity was magical. The venue was beautiful and just unexplainably perfect. The wedding coordinator Yulia along with Anna did a fantastic job with coordinating or night and keeping everything in order. I had no worries and felt completely comfortable... Read More letting go and just live in the moment. Anna made me feel so beautiful always fixing my hair, veil, the grooms tie and my dress to make sure our presentation was nothing shy of perfect. We took pictures outside and Yulia waited across the street to make sure everything went well. The food was amazing and my family raved about it so Kuddos to the chef. I have never had such great customer service it was truly refreshing and I would recommend anyone to this venue for the royal treatment.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Diana W

Deity was awesome. They take care of food, drinks, music, venue, and day-of coordinator. If you want a no fuss, streamlined wedding planning process and day, go with Deity. It is budget friendly and very well decorated. The food was great, music is kind of unpredictable as they... Read More choose for you one of a few rotating DJs, but overall, the event was seamless and everyone had a lot of fun!

2017-10-05T12:49:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We will make sure to share with our staff. I know they would feel so pleased that we made you feel so special on your big day! I hope we get the chance to host you again!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Ajna K

Deity is a true gem. It is a perfect blend of urban class in the heart of Brooklyn. I was convinced that I would have to go out of the city to find an affordable yet elegant place to hold my wedding, but Deity offered the perfect setting in a super convenient location for our... Read More native NY/Brooklyn family and friends. Caio and his staff are extremely clear and professional and handle all the planning with ease. Every question I had was met with a straight forward response. At Deity I felt like I was able to get really smooth, easy, and high end service but without the pretentious and over the top feel that many wedding venues have. The location is super convenient near all subways and easy parking as well as hotels for visitors. I fell in love with the simple elegance of the decor. I found that I was really able to save money on the florist because the decor at Deity is already very beautiful as we only had to add a couple of touches but did not have to do alot of extravagant floral arrangements. Everyone said the food was awesome. As the nervous, excited bride, to be honest I barely remember the food, but our mothers are the harshest critics and had only good things to say. The DJ was super professional and easy to work with. One of the most important aspects though was the staff and how they run things. It is obvious that they have fine tuned every transition moment and they were able to walk us through step by step all the details so that nothing was left up to the unexpected. At the same time they are all relaxed, easy going people so the night flowed seamlessly even as Yulia and James were hard at work, they did it all with a smile so you couldn't tell all the behind the scenes coordination that was going on. Yulia was awesome as she catered to myself and my husband making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. And James the bartender was great at working the crowd and keeping all the guests happy during the cocktail hour. There is not one single negative thing I could say about Deity. I feel like it was really the perfect venue for us Myself, my husband, and all our guests had a fabulous time.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Genesis W

Our wedding at Deity two weeks ago was amazing. In fact, everything went so smoothly that it almost seems unreal. We wanted a venue that offered an intimate feel, had an interesting history, and has its own distinctive decor that works for a variety of themes/feels but also... Read More doesn't require excess decorating to make it look beautiful. Deity ticked all those boxes (and it's also a 15 minute walk from our home, which is a plus). From the beginning, Caio was very responsive, informative, and really helped us figure out our options (how often do you get to communicate directly with the owner?) without being overly burdensome about the business end of things. Yulia, our top-notch wedding coordinator, dotted every i, crossed every t, and made sure we never felt like we weren't being taken care of. Together they run a tight ship, and that's what you want on your day. We also rented the penthouse above the venue for our wedding prep/wedding night and it is incredibly beautiful (basically the size of an apartment) - I would live there if I could. Yulia and her staff made sure we had small bites and celebratory champagne after we returned from our photos with the wedding party, which went over very well with a group of well-dressed people who were cranky from taking group shots on the Promenade. I won't go too much into the ceremony/reception, but Yulia put us at ease during our rehearsal (we kept our ceremony short and sweet), and for cocktail hour and dinner the staff was efficient and made sure everyone got where they needed to go. But mostly importantly, they were warm and friendly to each other and to our guests (even with one guest who had a bit of a moment). You could tell that they love what they do, and that they put their all into running events there. Also have to mention the food: we were on an emotional high (which somehow takes away your hunger) and didn't get much of it (which I regret) but what we DID eat was excellent. Our guests loved the filet mignon and the five cheese macaroni, and the chicken fingers were clutch for a few of the children who were there. Yulia was also kind enough to snatch up some desserts and send them up to the bridal suite for late night snacks. The night ended on the lower level, where we danced to excellent music DJed by Jamal (who was also a great MC for our toasts) - earlier we had sent along some of our preferences, and he worked those in seamlessly with other songs that got everyone on the dance floor. Bottom line: we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to celebrate with family and friends at Deity, and we'd do it over again.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Julia F

Deity was FABULOUS to work with! Their staff was above and beyond accommodating, and did everything to make the evening gorgeous and perfect! The food and drinks were delicious. The venue is so charming and beautiful too! I could not recommend Deity more as a venue for a wedding... Read More or any event!

2017-08-03T08:59:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your special day. I will pass this message on to the entire Deity Staff, they will be so thrilled to hear that you felt your wedding was success. Best, Haley

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Monique L

Wouldn't know where to begin of how beautiful this venue is and how amazing the people are there. Ciao and Yulia were extremely helpful through out the whole experience . The FOOD is Delicious I was such an amazing beautiful experience. we had Dips served with Pita Bread to die... Read More for the Mini Kale Caesar Salad delicious Cuban Sandwich, boneless Chicken, Red Eye Gravy, Maple Butter amazing for the family style dinner we had the ribs and mac & cheese. loved it !!! The venue is Gorgeous in itself you really don't need to add any décor to it . Everyone exceeded out expectations it was an amazing experience in itself.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Nadiuska M

Long overdue review, but surely I wouldn't miss giving super thumbs up to Caio and his team at Deity. We got married, ceremony and reception, in November 2016. Our evening was superb!! The place was exceptionally great, music, food, staff, bar! All our guests talk about how... Read More beautiful and great it was. We wish we were guests in our own wedding! Jamal was an excellent DJ, he incorporated what we wanted and understood our eclectic music taste. I'm Latina and my husband is Irish/Italian - American. :-) The Chef prepared food to perfection, this was the most important part for me. I didn't want the bad food typically done in huge catering hall "steak" or "chicken", Deity delivered gourmet plates to perfection. The chef has his own restaurant called "Pino Wine Bar" where he masters small plates and great drink selections. I knew we needed him to cater our wedding. Especial thanks to Yulia, Deity's event day manager, she was excellent! She made sure that the newlyweds were taken care of at all times. She placed the little touches of decor that made it our own, beautifully. Everything ran smoothly, she was the woman in charge! Overall, we thank you! Looking forward to using your venue in the future (smaller events).

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Ashley M

Thank you so much for an amazing wedding! Deity is a beautiful and versatile space, filled with people who actually care about your special event. Our day of planner Yulia was a complete joy to work with. Her attention to detail, timing and special requests were greatly... Read More appreciate. She did everything she could to make our day special. Yulia was everywhere we needed her to be and kept the day running smooth. My husband jonathan and I couldn't have asked for a better experience and are still getting calls and texts a week later about the food, the venue and the music. Their in house DJ Jamal really made our reception perfect as well. Thank you so much to Yulia, Jamal, Ciao and the entire crew at Deity. You gave us a very special wedding day for which we will never forget!! Ashley and Jonathan Mondesire

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Celine D

My husband and I got married at Deity Events on October 7th 2017. From beginning to end, it was an amazing experience. Staff- Caio and his staff are 5 stars. They are well informed, honest, calm, and there for you in every way. The team was constantly in communication and was... Read More always there to help and offer wonderful ideas. On the actual day of the wedding, Yulia and Jason were AMAZING. I didn't have to do anything, or think of anything, my wine glass was never empty. My guests, family and my husband and I couldn't have been more pleased. Venue- Deity is beautiful. It is 3 floors of lights, candles, exposed brick, and stain glass windows. All we had to do is add flowers, and that was it. Deity also provided a list of vendors for our every need that covered every price range. Our photographs came out beautiful with their lovely backgrounds. DJ- We had Jamal who was awesome. He understood everything we wanted, and we all burned up the dance floor. He was kind, funny, and had great communication skills. Just perfect. Food- Deity comes with their own chef and catering system. They offer many menus and cover your every need. I am still hearing about how good the food was. The Chef is hilarious and works one and one with you in his restaurant offering a sampling of similar foods. They set aside appetizers, dinner, and desert for my husband and I on our wedding day, making sure we ate and that guests every need was attended to. Deity is an all inclusive experience that is stress free and easy. Every single person, from Owner, to manager, to bartender, to server, is smiley, friendly, patient, and understanding. I wish I could do I all over again!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Patricia D

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Deity on December 17, 2016. I have to say it was a perfect night and the staff ensured everything went smoothly and seamlessly, especially our day-of-coordinator (already included in the price) Yulia who bent over backwards for... Read More every small request, she even helped me with my bustle at one point. The food was fantastic, our favorites included the kobe sliders & sushi for cocktail hour and the tuna & steak for dinner. I cannot tell you how many guests came up to us after the wedding to tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I totally attribute it to the beautiful ambiance, delicious food, and helpful staff. The only downside would be for the bride who is very particular and wants to choose specific tables, chairs, linens, as those are all included within the venue already so their is some limited flexibility. But honestly, unless you're a total type A bride, the package includes great decor, linens, tableware, etc. Overall an amazing experience, I love that the venue only focuses on weddings and special events so you know you are the focus of all their attention.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Cole C

I can't recommend Deity highly enough. They should actually probably be charging more than they do. There are a few major things that attracted us to Deity when we first picked it as our venue: --The simplicity: nearly everything is included. As you may discover looking at... Read More other venues, many venues in New York include basically nothing. The caterers have to assemble (and charge you for) a mobile kitchen; chairs and tables and sound equipment have to be rented; if you want a couch for people to relax on during cocktail hour, that has to be rented too. I guess that's great if there is one particular shade of eggshell that your ceremony chairs absolutely must be, but for the rest of us it is insanely complicated and very expensive. By contrast Deity includes just about everything -- the only outside vendors we were coordinating with the day of were the cake, the favors for guests, and the photographer. DJ, food, drink, furniture, and basic decor are all included. You could add flowers or more decor if you wanted, but we did nothing but the standard Deity package, and honestly it was plenty and totally perfect -- save your money. --The price: I don't know if you can call any New York City wedding "cheap", but this place was definitely one of the best value options we looked at. All of those extra rentals and service fees from other vendors really add up. Our entire venue, food, and beverage cost with Deity (which also included DJ) was less than the budget just for caterers at many other venues. And there is less nickel-and-diming: many other venues charge a 20% service fee but you are then expected to provide a second gratuity. Deity does charge a 20% gratuity but it is actually exactly that. --The venue: We loved the venue from the first time we saw it. Having three different spaces keeps things fun and interesting through the evening and keeps people excited about wondering what's coming next. --The team: Everyone we worked with at Deity was excellent. We booked well in advance of our ceremony and Caio, the owner, was happy to answer questions every few months as plans came together. And he and the rest of the team were very responsive and helpful in the weeks before the ceremony as we got down to business. The day of the ceremony, Yulia, our coordinator, was a marvel. She was constantly on the go making sure the various staff members were keeping everything moving and that the guests were enjoying themselves. She also made sure that my husband and I had drink refills whenever needed and found time for us to have a few quiet moments to ourselves away from the rest of the guests to savor the moment. And she was constantly serving as a one-woman concierge, lost-and-found, and traffic director, and made sure all of our items to take with us were gathered by the end of the night. And the DJ, Jamal, was excellent. We had a fantastic dance party. I will admit there were a few small downsides to Deity relative to some other venues we looked at: There could be a bit of a line for the bathrooms at times. They don't include the same sort of bridal suite or all-day access to the facilities benefits that some other properties offer. And of course you are limited to only the items offered on the menu rather than any caterer of your choice. But most venues that offer all of those things cost nearly, if not more than, twice as much.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jennifer S

This review is 6 months overdue, but still had to be written. We got married at Deity in April of 2016. We had looked at a few other venues before seeing Deity, but immediately after our tour I called Caio to book a date. Everything about the process was simple and relaxed.... Read More Being a teacher, I have limited time to be on the phone so it helped that Caio was comfortable answering questions via email and was always available to relay information pertaining to our wedding. When we went a bit off script with the format of our night, Caio insisted on being part of our planning meeting to ensure that everything would go how we envisioned our wedding night. Truly, from start to finish, Deity was a pleasure to work with. I cannot thank Caio enough for his patience with me and for his honesty when discussing parts of a wedding I thought I had to have, but really didn’t want to have. He is truly a professional and knows the business. Caio was great, but hats off to Jay who made us fall in love with Deity in the first place. We loved the feel of the space as well as the décor. I also really liked that it felt like “Brooklyn” while still having elegance which matched our style completely. Jay offered answers to the questions I had as well as the overload of questions my parents had. We took his word on doing the passed food format (as opposed to a sit down dinner) and I couldn’t have been happier. We picked some heartier hors d'oeuvres off the menu, and everything Chef Jason Bunin put out was AMAZING. I still have dreams about the food six months later. Jay kept in touch with us all night about our bar tab without making us feel uncomfortable. He even noticed that people were still eating later in the night and sent out chicken fingers and fries for guests to snack on. We brought in our own cake for cutting as well as mini cupcakes and cookies for dessert, and everything was set up beautifully when we arrived downstairs. DJ Trauma listened to our music directions (which I think were “we want to dance, and we want everyone to dance with us”) and people danced the entire night. Overall, I would recommend Deity to anyone for any event.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jennifer B

We had our wedding at Deity on August 13th, 2016 and couldn't be happier with our decision. We wanted to have a beautiful, fun, stress free, reasonably priced wedding. This is a tall order in NYC, but that's exactly what we got with Deity. Planning was a breeze and you can... Read More really do as much or as little as you want to personalize your day. The wonderful team and the beautiful space make it really easy to have a great event. We had about 85 wedding guests and felt like Deity was a good size but could have easily fit 20-25 more comfortably. Space - The space is split into three floors- The Loft, where the ceremony and dinner take place, The Lounge, where the cocktail hour happens and The Cellar which is usually used for dancing. We only used The Loft and The Lounge areas since we had a few older guests that would not be able to make it down the stairs to The Cellar. We used The Lounge for dancing and absolutely loved it. We were skeptical about the size of the space for dancing but it really is much larger than it seems once people are in it. It was a great size for our party and could have fit a bit more comfortably. We even were able to fit a photo booth! Each level is so beautiful that you don't need to do much in terms of flowers or other decor. Deity decorates the space with candles in hurricane vases throughout, which give it a really nice vibe. We did our own small centerpieces of succulents, roses and anemones in gold mason jars and thought they went perfectly with the decor. Service - Caio, James, Yulia and the entire Deity staff are a fantastic bunch of people and really made our day. They went above and beyond to make sure that all of our guests were comfortable and that we were stress free. Caio was wonderful throughout the whole planning process and ran our wedding on the day of. We couldn't speak more highly of him! He was honest and easy to work with. On the day of he was amazing helping the older folks navigate the space and made sure that I got my lobster rolls - I jokingly mentioned that this was a concern for me weeks before the wedding and he made sure some were brought up to us while we took pictures in The Loft after the ceremony. Food & Drinks - The food was so delicious and plentiful! I only wish that I was less nervous so that I could have eaten more! We chose the family style menu. During the cocktail hour there were stationary platters and passed hors d'oeuvres. Some of our guests said they were so delicious that they filled up at the cocktail hour and couldn't believe there was a sit down meal as well. I would say that all of the food was phenomenal and much better quality than your typical wedding. As for drinks, we went with the premium pay per drink option rather than unlimited. Deity also allowed us to create signature his and hers drinks. In the end, it worked out to about the same cost as it would have been if we went with the unlimited option. I don't believe that's typical, but we have some heavy drinkers among us! All in all, we really couldn't be happier with how our wedding day went and are so happy that we chose Deity. I can't imagine that there is a better choice in the city for a couple that wants to have a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Myriam W

My husband and I got married here this August and honestly, the venue exceeded our highest expectations. We were looking for a vintage style, unique venue that was convenient for our family members location wise. This was it! The venue let us use all 3 floors for our event. Each... Read More floor was beautiful and made each part of the wedding special. My biggest concern was how my husband's grandmother would get up and down the stairs as she uses a cane and has difficulty walking but the venue assigned her an assistant who not only took care of her, but helped her maintain her dignity while she was transitioning between floors. No one even noticed she was getting extra help. I also wanted to do a tribute to my father who had passed away not too long before the wedding. The staff helped me display my tribute on a projector and it turned out wonderful. When we were searching for venues our biggest concerns were price point, decor and comfort. We wanted it to feel just right. We immediately knew Deity was it once we walked in. Caio and his wife are lovely but our DJ (DJ Trauma) and Caio's staff running the wedding were not far behind. Although everyone was working so hard, it really felt like the staff was genuinely happy for us and were enjoying our wedding too! By the time the wedding was over, all of our decorations, purses, shoes and other forgotten items were neatly packed and ready for transport back to our hotel. They even remembered to pack the small locket I used to decorate my bouquet with. Even though we had a morning wedding and our cab was 20 minutes late, set up went smoothly and every single decorative detail we planned for the wedding was honored. Everything looked great which we definitely appreciated since we did a lot of DIY projects in preparation for the big day. It was great to see it all come together. We didn't have a rehearsal prior to the wedding which can be a little nerve wrecking to a perfectionist like me. The truth is, we didn't need one. Caio and his staff have obviously done this plenty of times and have perfected the timing. In all honesty, the entire process was seamless come the day of. Our guests were so thoroughly impressed with the service, food and music. Everyone thought the venue was breathtakingly beautiful. So far, we've only heard great feedback and word through the grapevine is that we had the wedding of the year. We are eternally grateful to Deity (especially Caio) for making our wedding the most beautiful moment of our relationship. You guys really made our experience amazing. Thank you! My advice for anyone looking for an affordable NYC, Brooklyn style wedding is to consider this location. (Total sidenote: we didn't use a florist and didn't need one because the venue is already gorgeous as is. We used the money we saved on that and put that into an after party to help us continue the celebration. BEST CHOICE EVER!) I know we made the right choice for us. We hope you guys feel the same after your special day. We hope this review helps with your planning!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Paul S

I'm going to keep this review short and sweet, because the only thing to say about Deity is it is 100% AMAZING. From the very minute we stepped foot into the space we knew this was THE SPOT for us. We chose to have both our ceremony and reception in Deity. The 3 levels were... Read More perfect for keeping everything in one place, while making it feel like we were on the move because the Loft, Lounge & Cellar all have their own distinct vibe. We had the ceremony in the Loft and this was simple, yet elegant and beautiful. We didn't have to add any decor to the space because the string lights, multi-sized candles, and sheer white curtains that come with the venue were perfect as is. We chose a cocktail style dinner instead of a formal sit down so we could maximize our time mingling with our guests. The Lounge was perfect for our 85 guests, not too crowded nor too sparse. The food and drinks kept coming and our guests were very well fed. And the Lounge is the most stunning area -- the best of all the venues we looked at -- so we wanted to spend a lot of time in this area. We then capped the night off in the Cellar which has the perfect size dance floor, while guests who didn't feel like dancing were able to sit at the many bistro tables around the perimeter of the room (but of course Jamal, Deity's DJ connection, had EVERYONE up on their feet!). In fact, the most amazing part of Deity is the staff. Caio is super attentive during the planning process and on the day of, and the incomparable head of staff Jay and his team, James, Yulia and all the wait staff were ON POINT! They handled everything so seamlessly we never had to ask for a thing. I really felt like my wedding was the wedding that slayed all other weddings, and Deity is absolutely the reason it was so successful and magical. Our guests and parents are still raving about how wonderful everything was. Thank you so much Deity for making our dreams come true :)

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Samantha S

We were married at Deity just about three weeks ago! Our wedding day went so smoothly because of the day of coordinator Jay and the whole staff. We were treated to a small dinner immediately following our vows which was such a welcomed surprise. The chef asked us exactly what we... Read More wanted and the food did Not disappoint. Being a foodie myself I was nervous not having done a tasting but trusted the reviews I read, and honestly this is not catered fare, it was all delicious chef created bites! We chose to do a passed reception so all our food was tapas style. We had something for everyone, even our two vegan guests! And still had plenty of hardy and filling options for everyone else. The only small critic with our passed buffet style meal was some feedback we got from our guests. We had about 103 guests, and some felt the passed food did not make its way around the main level, and they shared that they missed out on the most desired chicken wings and a few other things that may have been gone by the time staff had time to circulate. Overall the reception as perfect! The space was full with 100 guests, but not overly packed. I feel like that was the perfect number for a passed reception style meal. The staff moved all of the little decorations that had been put up on the ceremony floor. That was a very nice touch, even taking the bouquets and creating little table decorations with them! Such focus on Jose and I and all the details, so I really was able to just enjoy the wedding day! Jay was always looking out to keep us on schedule. Overall this venue was beyond amazing and I would not change a thing. Leading up Caio was very helpful. Only a few small details were lost (I asked specifically for no mirrors on my candles down the isle but they were still put there on the day of, it didn't ruin my day, but I was a bit bummed looking back at pictures later). But overall he runs a really well organized ship and was very upfront. If you need 100% control and focus on too many small things this might be a challenge, as the venue has this whole process down and they do deliver, but they are used to doing things their way (which is amazing). I built a small chuppah, but very little additional details (outside of a few signs and card box). I would highly recommend this venue to other Brooklyn brides looking for that all included loft feel!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Clara P

Just wrapping up our honeymoon and finally got to fully process our wedding a week and a half ago! The entire experience with Deity was spectacular, from start to finish. Caio was great during the whole planning process, Jay was so nice and helpful the day of. As bride and... Read More groom, we are probably the worst people to give a review because we were on a different planet that whole day, our families and friends were all floored by the space, the experience, and especially the staff. Everyone working at Deity was extremely kind, professional, and had everything under control. A huge plus is their wedding planning blog - we went with several of their recommended vendors and were very happy with all of them. 5 stars! 100% recommended. Thanks Deity!