Deity Events

Brooklyn, NY

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Deity Events is located in bustling Brooklyn, New York. This unique venue is a popular spot for non-traditional weddings and is owned and operated by a married couple who had their own ceremony at Deity Events in 2007. The entrance to the venue is a beautifully ornate iron gate with an illuminated brick passageway that leads down to where the events take place. With lots of exposed brick, this is a intimate and charming space with plenty of candlelight that is ideal for a romantic and intimate wedding celebration.

For a reception or even a cocktail hour, guests can walk through the iron gate to a large room that is distinctive and memorable with handmade stained glass art. Comfortable seating and a bar make this a great spot for guests to relax and mingle.

The room upstairs is bright and airy with long, white chiffon draping. This room can be used for the ceremony or for food service.

For dancing, guests can head down to the entertaining floor to continue the festivities. Unique details throughout Deity Events really make this spot one to remember. The venue can accommodate up to 300 guests for a cocktail reception or 150 for a seated reception.

Deity Events provides the bride and groom with an all-inclusive package. Booking a wedding at Deity Events will give the bridal couple six hours of event time. Bar services are available at the venue and can be customized depending on budget, so couples can choose from a well or hosted bar, as well as an open tab or open bar. There are no extra fees for cake cutting or serving and there is no rental fee for chairs, china, linens or furniture that is already set up at the venue.

To help with planning, Deity Events can provide the bridal couple with a list of preferred vendors they have worked with in the past, from officiants to photographers. Deity Events has on-site catering and will help customize the menu for the wedding reception. The style of cuisine served is upscale comfort food that is sure to please guests. Although there are no wedding cake services provided through the venue, there is a fantastic dessert selection available.

The venue will provide a DJ and sound engineer for the day of the wedding, that can work with the bridal couple to create song lists for the reception and dancing portion of the evening.

Each room at Deity Events is fully wired and has a microphone, so there is no need to rent from an outside vendor.

• Deity Events provides a doorman and a coat check
  • Unlike many venues, Deity Events encourages candlelit decor and will make sure the candles are set up
  • The venue is within walking distance of six different hotels, so it's convenient for out-of-town guests

Full Service Brooklyn Wedding Venue

Deity is a unique, full-service Brooklyn Wedding and Event Space. All-inclusive Wedding packages offer use of venue for ceremonies, receptions, cocktail parties, seated dinners and dancing. An affordable, non-traditional Wedding and Private Event venue. Our stress-free, all in-house approach features catering with an executive chef, day-of coordination and event captain, a full bar with professional wait staff, DJ and optimized sound system, on-site furniture, linens as well as complimentary candle décor. Romantic, candle-lit 3 rooms of exposed brick with over 5,000 sq ft of space. Designed by local Brooklyn artists for a one-of-a-kind NYC experience.

Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

368 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY (718) 222-3692

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Chi T

My one-liner if you don't read the rest: I wish I was a guest at our own wedding so that I could have enjoyed the lovely evening at Deity without the inevitable stresses that comes with being a bride. It was that good and this is all thanks to the amazing service and space. Our... Read More wedding surpassed our expectations and was beautifully orchestrated thanks to Caio and his wonderful staff. Deity was the only venue we checked out and we knew it was the right space for us immediately. Once we locked in the date, Caio handled all of the correspondence and planning from beginning to end. As far as weddings go, he made the whole process stress-free. He is super responsive and takes each wedding very seriously. This is no conveyor belt type of place. 2 months ahead of the wedding, we had a sit down with Caio to go through the day of schedule. Caio was patient, detailed, accommodative and touched upon every little aspect of the wedding (super important!) during the meeting. STAFF: Caio and the staff were attentive and accommodative. They tended to our needs and went out of the way to handle a few of our special requests. Anna was assigned to ensure I was attended to, she even helped with holding my dress as I walked up and down the stairs. The service was impeccable and just seamless. Without us asking, the staff even helped move some of the flowers from the reception down to the cellar to ensure the cake and cupcake display was at its finest. Thanks to Caio and his staff, the two of us did not need to worry about a thing. FOOD & DRINKS: Delicious. I wish I can go back for a meal! Regarding the drinks, as our friend said - the drinks kept coming out. Two thumbs up! Bottom line, the staff were on their A-game throughout the night; our friends still rave about how great of a time they had at Deity.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lindsey H

My husband and I had our wedding at Deity October 22, 2016. While we knew our day would be special we truly could not have asked for a better evening. Shortly after we got engaged we both decided we didn’t want a typical stuffy, ballroom “purple lighting” extravaganza of a... Read More wedding. We wanted something small, intimate, unique, something that fit both of our personalities. I, take credit for finding Deity, a venue that literally fit every thing we were looking for. From our first walk through we knew it was perfect. The exposed brick walls, the wood floors, the romantic lighting throughout the entire space...complete perfection. Throughout the wedding planning process Caio, the owner of the venue was so awesome to work with. He was extremely responsive to emails and very patient with me the bride (aka wedding planner). I’ve never planned a big event before and while I pride myself on my organizational skills there was still a lot of blanks that needed to be filled in..which Caio was happy to do. Our vendors, all recommended by Deity, were top notch as well. Charlotte from Floral Heights and Nikola from Le Image Photography were a pleasure to work with. The evening of our wedding could not have gone better. The entire staff at Deity is truly amazing! Yulia, our day of coordinator, in particular was beyond words. She was super organized, thoughtful, patient, and extremely attentive to detail, both of our families, and each one of our guests. She often checked in with our parents throughout the night and my husband’s parents (both of which would tell us if they were unimpressed) could not have been more pleased. One of the best moments of the night for me was after the ceremony Yulia and the staff had set up a small candlelit table full of hors d'oeuvres and two glasses of champagne for just us. Caio had mentioned this to us prior (he had said how important it was for us to take a moment to gather our thoughts and relish in the fact that we just got married!!) but this honestly was so perfect. It was exactly what my husband and I needed after such a busy, exhausting day and a big rejuvenation before several more hours of being “on”. Dinner was great. The food was delicious. We went with the BBQ chicken and filet as main courses and I cannot tell you how yummy the BBQ chicken was. My husband’s step father commented that the filet was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. Definitely not would you would expect from a wedding venue. Jamal, the DJ was great as well. We gave him our request of mostly 90’s and 2000’s music and he delivered. He kept the crowd and energy up until the very end. At my request my cousin put together a slide show for what I thought would just be our rehearsal dinner. When I asked if it was possible to show at the wedding (just a week or two before) Caio was more than happy to accommodate. He literally said have her bring her laptop and we’ll do the rest. The night of, screens came down from the ceiling and everyone was able to enjoy the show without a glitch. I would absolutely recommend Deity for your wedding. The space itself has so much character and the staff is simply icing on the cake. Obviously, the staff does this every weekend but they honestly make you feel like everything that is done is done just for you. They make you feel how you should on your wedding day...special!!!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Nadiuska M

Long overdue review, but surely I wouldn't miss giving super thumbs up to Caio and his team at Deity. We got married, ceremony and reception, in November 2016. Our evening was superb!! The place was exceptionally great, music, food, staff, bar! All our guests talk about how... Read More beautiful and great it was. We wish we were guests in our own wedding! Jamal was an excellent DJ, he incorporated what we wanted and understood our eclectic music taste. I'm Latina and my husband is Irish/Italian - American. :-) The Chef prepared food to perfection, this was the most important part for me. I didn't want the bad food typically done in huge catering hall "steak" or "chicken", Deity delivered gourmet plates to perfection. The chef has his own restaurant called "Pino Wine Bar" where he masters small plates and great drink selections. I knew we needed him to cater our wedding. Especial thanks to Yulia, Deity's event day manager, she was excellent! She made sure that the newlyweds were taken care of at all times. She placed the little touches of decor that made it our own, beautifully. Everything ran smoothly, she was the woman in charge! Overall, we thank you! Looking forward to using your venue in the future (smaller events).

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Ashley M

Thank you so much for an amazing wedding! Deity is a beautiful and versatile space, filled with people who actually care about your special event. Our day of planner Yulia was a complete joy to work with. Her attention to detail, timing and special requests were greatly... Read More appreciate. She did everything she could to make our day special. Yulia was everywhere we needed her to be and kept the day running smooth. My husband jonathan and I couldn't have asked for a better experience and are still getting calls and texts a week later about the food, the venue and the music. Their in house DJ Jamal really made our reception perfect as well. Thank you so much to Yulia, Jamal, Ciao and the entire crew at Deity. You gave us a very special wedding day for which we will never forget!! Ashley and Jonathan Mondesire

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Celine D

My husband and I got married at Deity Events on October 7th 2017. From beginning to end, it was an amazing experience. Staff- Caio and his staff are 5 stars. They are well informed, honest, calm, and there for you in every way. The team was constantly in communication and was... Read More always there to help and offer wonderful ideas. On the actual day of the wedding, Yulia and Jason were AMAZING. I didn't have to do anything, or think of anything, my wine glass was never empty. My guests, family and my husband and I couldn't have been more pleased. Venue- Deity is beautiful. It is 3 floors of lights, candles, exposed brick, and stain glass windows. All we had to do is add flowers, and that was it. Deity also provided a list of vendors for our every need that covered every price range. Our photographs came out beautiful with their lovely backgrounds. DJ- We had Jamal who was awesome. He understood everything we wanted, and we all burned up the dance floor. He was kind, funny, and had great communication skills. Just perfect. Food- Deity comes with their own chef and catering system. They offer many menus and cover your every need. I am still hearing about how good the food was. The Chef is hilarious and works one and one with you in his restaurant offering a sampling of similar foods. They set aside appetizers, dinner, and desert for my husband and I on our wedding day, making sure we ate and that guests every need was attended to. Deity is an all inclusive experience that is stress free and easy. Every single person, from Owner, to manager, to bartender, to server, is smiley, friendly, patient, and understanding. I wish I could do I all over again!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Patricia D

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Deity on December 17, 2016. I have to say it was a perfect night and the staff ensured everything went smoothly and seamlessly, especially our day-of-coordinator (already included in the price) Yulia who bent over backwards for... Read More every small request, she even helped me with my bustle at one point. The food was fantastic, our favorites included the kobe sliders & sushi for cocktail hour and the tuna & steak for dinner. I cannot tell you how many guests came up to us after the wedding to tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I totally attribute it to the beautiful ambiance, delicious food, and helpful staff. The only downside would be for the bride who is very particular and wants to choose specific tables, chairs, linens, as those are all included within the venue already so their is some limited flexibility. But honestly, unless you're a total type A bride, the package includes great decor, linens, tableware, etc. Overall an amazing experience, I love that the venue only focuses on weddings and special events so you know you are the focus of all their attention.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Cole C

I can't recommend Deity highly enough. They should actually probably be charging more than they do. There are a few major things that attracted us to Deity when we first picked it as our venue: --The simplicity: nearly everything is included. As you may discover looking at... Read More other venues, many venues in New York include basically nothing. The caterers have to assemble (and charge you for) a mobile kitchen; chairs and tables and sound equipment have to be rented; if you want a couch for people to relax on during cocktail hour, that has to be rented too. I guess that's great if there is one particular shade of eggshell that your ceremony chairs absolutely must be, but for the rest of us it is insanely complicated and very expensive. By contrast Deity includes just about everything -- the only outside vendors we were coordinating with the day of were the cake, the favors for guests, and the photographer. DJ, food, drink, furniture, and basic decor are all included. You could add flowers or more decor if you wanted, but we did nothing but the standard Deity package, and honestly it was plenty and totally perfect -- save your money. --The price: I don't know if you can call any New York City wedding "cheap", but this place was definitely one of the best value options we looked at. All of those extra rentals and service fees from other vendors really add up. Our entire venue, food, and beverage cost with Deity (which also included DJ) was less than the budget just for caterers at many other venues. And there is less nickel-and-diming: many other venues charge a 20% service fee but you are then expected to provide a second gratuity. Deity does charge a 20% gratuity but it is actually exactly that. --The venue: We loved the venue from the first time we saw it. Having three different spaces keeps things fun and interesting through the evening and keeps people excited about wondering what's coming next. --The team: Everyone we worked with at Deity was excellent. We booked well in advance of our ceremony and Caio, the owner, was happy to answer questions every few months as plans came together. And he and the rest of the team were very responsive and helpful in the weeks before the ceremony as we got down to business. The day of the ceremony, Yulia, our coordinator, was a marvel. She was constantly on the go making sure the various staff members were keeping everything moving and that the guests were enjoying themselves. She also made sure that my husband and I had drink refills whenever needed and found time for us to have a few quiet moments to ourselves away from the rest of the guests to savor the moment. And she was constantly serving as a one-woman concierge, lost-and-found, and traffic director, and made sure all of our items to take with us were gathered by the end of the night. And the DJ, Jamal, was excellent. We had a fantastic dance party. I will admit there were a few small downsides to Deity relative to some other venues we looked at: There could be a bit of a line for the bathrooms at times. They don't include the same sort of bridal suite or all-day access to the facilities benefits that some other properties offer. And of course you are limited to only the items offered on the menu rather than any caterer of your choice. But most venues that offer all of those things cost nearly, if not more than, twice as much.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jennifer S

This review is 6 months overdue, but still had to be written. We got married at Deity in April of 2016. We had looked at a few other venues before seeing Deity, but immediately after our tour I called Caio to book a date. Everything about the process was simple and relaxed.... Read More Being a teacher, I have limited time to be on the phone so it helped that Caio was comfortable answering questions via email and was always available to relay information pertaining to our wedding. When we went a bit off script with the format of our night, Caio insisted on being part of our planning meeting to ensure that everything would go how we envisioned our wedding night. Truly, from start to finish, Deity was a pleasure to work with. I cannot thank Caio enough for his patience with me and for his honesty when discussing parts of a wedding I thought I had to have, but really didn’t want to have. He is truly a professional and knows the business. Caio was great, but hats off to Jay who made us fall in love with Deity in the first place. We loved the feel of the space as well as the décor. I also really liked that it felt like “Brooklyn” while still having elegance which matched our style completely. Jay offered answers to the questions I had as well as the overload of questions my parents had. We took his word on doing the passed food format (as opposed to a sit down dinner) and I couldn’t have been happier. We picked some heartier hors d'oeuvres off the menu, and everything Chef Jason Bunin put out was AMAZING. I still have dreams about the food six months later. Jay kept in touch with us all night about our bar tab without making us feel uncomfortable. He even noticed that people were still eating later in the night and sent out chicken fingers and fries for guests to snack on. We brought in our own cake for cutting as well as mini cupcakes and cookies for dessert, and everything was set up beautifully when we arrived downstairs. DJ Trauma listened to our music directions (which I think were “we want to dance, and we want everyone to dance with us”) and people danced the entire night. Overall, I would recommend Deity to anyone for any event.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jennifer B

We had our wedding at Deity on August 13th, 2016 and couldn't be happier with our decision. We wanted to have a beautiful, fun, stress free, reasonably priced wedding. This is a tall order in NYC, but that's exactly what we got with Deity. Planning was a breeze and you can... Read More really do as much or as little as you want to personalize your day. The wonderful team and the beautiful space make it really easy to have a great event. We had about 85 wedding guests and felt like Deity was a good size but could have easily fit 20-25 more comfortably. Space - The space is split into three floors- The Loft, where the ceremony and dinner take place, The Lounge, where the cocktail hour happens and The Cellar which is usually used for dancing. We only used The Loft and The Lounge areas since we had a few older guests that would not be able to make it down the stairs to The Cellar. We used The Lounge for dancing and absolutely loved it. We were skeptical about the size of the space for dancing but it really is much larger than it seems once people are in it. It was a great size for our party and could have fit a bit more comfortably. We even were able to fit a photo booth! Each level is so beautiful that you don't need to do much in terms of flowers or other decor. Deity decorates the space with candles in hurricane vases throughout, which give it a really nice vibe. We did our own small centerpieces of succulents, roses and anemones in gold mason jars and thought they went perfectly with the decor. Service - Caio, James, Yulia and the entire Deity staff are a fantastic bunch of people and really made our day. They went above and beyond to make sure that all of our guests were comfortable and that we were stress free. Caio was wonderful throughout the whole planning process and ran our wedding on the day of. We couldn't speak more highly of him! He was honest and easy to work with. On the day of he was amazing helping the older folks navigate the space and made sure that I got my lobster rolls - I jokingly mentioned that this was a concern for me weeks before the wedding and he made sure some were brought up to us while we took pictures in The Loft after the ceremony. Food & Drinks - The food was so delicious and plentiful! I only wish that I was less nervous so that I could have eaten more! We chose the family style menu. During the cocktail hour there were stationary platters and passed hors d'oeuvres. Some of our guests said they were so delicious that they filled up at the cocktail hour and couldn't believe there was a sit down meal as well. I would say that all of the food was phenomenal and much better quality than your typical wedding. As for drinks, we went with the premium pay per drink option rather than unlimited. Deity also allowed us to create signature his and hers drinks. In the end, it worked out to about the same cost as it would have been if we went with the unlimited option. I don't believe that's typical, but we have some heavy drinkers among us! All in all, we really couldn't be happier with how our wedding day went and are so happy that we chose Deity. I can't imagine that there is a better choice in the city for a couple that wants to have a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Myriam W

My husband and I got married here this August and honestly, the venue exceeded our highest expectations. We were looking for a vintage style, unique venue that was convenient for our family members location wise. This was it! The venue let us use all 3 floors for our event. Each... Read More floor was beautiful and made each part of the wedding special. My biggest concern was how my husband's grandmother would get up and down the stairs as she uses a cane and has difficulty walking but the venue assigned her an assistant who not only took care of her, but helped her maintain her dignity while she was transitioning between floors. No one even noticed she was getting extra help. I also wanted to do a tribute to my father who had passed away not too long before the wedding. The staff helped me display my tribute on a projector and it turned out wonderful. When we were searching for venues our biggest concerns were price point, decor and comfort. We wanted it to feel just right. We immediately knew Deity was it once we walked in. Caio and his wife are lovely but our DJ (DJ Trauma) and Caio's staff running the wedding were not far behind. Although everyone was working so hard, it really felt like the staff was genuinely happy for us and were enjoying our wedding too! By the time the wedding was over, all of our decorations, purses, shoes and other forgotten items were neatly packed and ready for transport back to our hotel. They even remembered to pack the small locket I used to decorate my bouquet with. Even though we had a morning wedding and our cab was 20 minutes late, set up went smoothly and every single decorative detail we planned for the wedding was honored. Everything looked great which we definitely appreciated since we did a lot of DIY projects in preparation for the big day. It was great to see it all come together. We didn't have a rehearsal prior to the wedding which can be a little nerve wrecking to a perfectionist like me. The truth is, we didn't need one. Caio and his staff have obviously done this plenty of times and have perfected the timing. In all honesty, the entire process was seamless come the day of. Our guests were so thoroughly impressed with the service, food and music. Everyone thought the venue was breathtakingly beautiful. So far, we've only heard great feedback and word through the grapevine is that we had the wedding of the year. We are eternally grateful to Deity (especially Caio) for making our wedding the most beautiful moment of our relationship. You guys really made our experience amazing. Thank you! My advice for anyone looking for an affordable NYC, Brooklyn style wedding is to consider this location. (Total sidenote: we didn't use a florist and didn't need one because the venue is already gorgeous as is. We used the money we saved on that and put that into an after party to help us continue the celebration. BEST CHOICE EVER!) I know we made the right choice for us. We hope you guys feel the same after your special day. We hope this review helps with your planning!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Paul S

I'm going to keep this review short and sweet, because the only thing to say about Deity is it is 100% AMAZING. From the very minute we stepped foot into the space we knew this was THE SPOT for us. We chose to have both our ceremony and reception in Deity. The 3 levels were... Read More perfect for keeping everything in one place, while making it feel like we were on the move because the Loft, Lounge & Cellar all have their own distinct vibe. We had the ceremony in the Loft and this was simple, yet elegant and beautiful. We didn't have to add any decor to the space because the string lights, multi-sized candles, and sheer white curtains that come with the venue were perfect as is. We chose a cocktail style dinner instead of a formal sit down so we could maximize our time mingling with our guests. The Lounge was perfect for our 85 guests, not too crowded nor too sparse. The food and drinks kept coming and our guests were very well fed. And the Lounge is the most stunning area -- the best of all the venues we looked at -- so we wanted to spend a lot of time in this area. We then capped the night off in the Cellar which has the perfect size dance floor, while guests who didn't feel like dancing were able to sit at the many bistro tables around the perimeter of the room (but of course Jamal, Deity's DJ connection, had EVERYONE up on their feet!). In fact, the most amazing part of Deity is the staff. Caio is super attentive during the planning process and on the day of, and the incomparable head of staff Jay and his team, James, Yulia and all the wait staff were ON POINT! They handled everything so seamlessly we never had to ask for a thing. I really felt like my wedding was the wedding that slayed all other weddings, and Deity is absolutely the reason it was so successful and magical. Our guests and parents are still raving about how wonderful everything was. Thank you so much Deity for making our dreams come true :)

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Samantha S

We were married at Deity just about three weeks ago! Our wedding day went so smoothly because of the day of coordinator Jay and the whole staff. We were treated to a small dinner immediately following our vows which was such a welcomed surprise. The chef asked us exactly what we... Read More wanted and the food did Not disappoint. Being a foodie myself I was nervous not having done a tasting but trusted the reviews I read, and honestly this is not catered fare, it was all delicious chef created bites! We chose to do a passed reception so all our food was tapas style. We had something for everyone, even our two vegan guests! And still had plenty of hardy and filling options for everyone else. The only small critic with our passed buffet style meal was some feedback we got from our guests. We had about 103 guests, and some felt the passed food did not make its way around the main level, and they shared that they missed out on the most desired chicken wings and a few other things that may have been gone by the time staff had time to circulate. Overall the reception as perfect! The space was full with 100 guests, but not overly packed. I feel like that was the perfect number for a passed reception style meal. The staff moved all of the little decorations that had been put up on the ceremony floor. That was a very nice touch, even taking the bouquets and creating little table decorations with them! Such focus on Jose and I and all the details, so I really was able to just enjoy the wedding day! Jay was always looking out to keep us on schedule. Overall this venue was beyond amazing and I would not change a thing. Leading up Caio was very helpful. Only a few small details were lost (I asked specifically for no mirrors on my candles down the isle but they were still put there on the day of, it didn't ruin my day, but I was a bit bummed looking back at pictures later). But overall he runs a really well organized ship and was very upfront. If you need 100% control and focus on too many small things this might be a challenge, as the venue has this whole process down and they do deliver, but they are used to doing things their way (which is amazing). I built a small chuppah, but very little additional details (outside of a few signs and card box). I would highly recommend this venue to other Brooklyn brides looking for that all included loft feel!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Clara P

Just wrapping up our honeymoon and finally got to fully process our wedding a week and a half ago! The entire experience with Deity was spectacular, from start to finish. Caio was great during the whole planning process, Jay was so nice and helpful the day of. As bride and... Read More groom, we are probably the worst people to give a review because we were on a different planet that whole day, our families and friends were all floored by the space, the experience, and especially the staff. Everyone working at Deity was extremely kind, professional, and had everything under control. A huge plus is their wedding planning blog - we went with several of their recommended vendors and were very happy with all of them. 5 stars! 100% recommended. Thanks Deity!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Dennis V

This place is top notch! First off, the staff is amazing. Very friendly, professional, caring, responsive, and flexible. The friendliness of the staff added that special touch that we needed to ensure everything would go smoothly and be memorable. Ciao was the man in charge of... Read More setting up our contract and ensuring all our needs were met. He is such a cool guy. Then there was Jay, who basically ran our event that night who always checked in with us to ensure we were taken care of and just felt special that evening. Jamal was our DJ for the evening, and he did exactly what we wanted - no more no less. The staff was like a family and just treated us very well from the time we met to go over options to the very end when we were packing up all the stuff after the wedding. There are not enough things to say about how the staff made our event as magical as it was. The space itself was just what we needed - it was intimate, romantic, dramatic, and had so much character - throughout the evening, our guests kept mentioning how magical the mood was. It was also nice that the venue was very close to Dumbo, where we had our photoshoot by the Brooklyn Bridge before the wedding. Deity is artistically simple but elegant. The ceremony layout was truly romantic. Many of our guests were only familiar with "traditional" weddings. For that reason, they were really surprised about how eclectic our wedding was. Every room in Deity had a magical feeling to it. The food was sophisticated as well. We enjoyed the family style food option which made the mood more intimate. Some of the menu items that were really superb were the mac and cheese, lobster rolls, and ceviche. Thank you, Deity! - DV, RF

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Deity played host to our wedding in May and we were extremely pleased with the outcome. We wanted a somewhat non-standard wedding and the owner, Caio personally sat down with us and helped us get it together. He was extremely helpful in crafting the night exactly as we wanted... Read More and worked very hard to keep the stress levels down. They even arranged the DJ, who was excellent and very accommodating of our particular choices of music, and the resident chef provided us with a personally tailored menu of delicious food. One of the best things about the Deity team is how honest and upfront they are about the pricing, particularly for the bar, and they had no hidden fees. The wedding itself was amazing; exactly as we envisioned. Caio personally oversaw the event and Jay made sure we remained well fed and watered throughout the night, as well as kept us on schedule. I highly recommend Deity to any future couples.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Deity was a wonderful place to hold our wedding reception! From our first meeting, my husband and I felt confident that we were in good hands with Caio, Jay, and the Deity staff. During the planning stage every communication from Deity was clear and organized. On the actual... Read More day of our wedding, Deity made sure that everything was taken care of. The venue looked beautiful, the cocktail hour and dinner food were both delicious, and Jay, the day of planner, kept checking in with us to make sure we were having a good time and had everything we needed. The DJ that Deity provided did an amazing job of setting the mood and keeping the party going. A month later, our friends and family are still telling us how much they enjoyed the food and music. We couldn't have asked for a better venue. I would definitely recommend Deity for any couple looking for a venue that will make the planning process stress free and the wedding day beautiful and fun.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Kate M

Our ceremony and reception on 6/5/16 exceeded our expectations by leaps and bounds! VENUE: When we looked at the venue in October, I knew this was the perfect place for our wedding, matching our vibe as a couple. Once inside, the exposed brick, the beautiful lighted tree, the... Read More candles, and multi-level experience made for a space that required minimal embellishment. Our flower budget and personal touches were therefore very modest, and only added to the beautiful aesthetic of the venue. Each portion of the night is clearly ingrained in our memories due to the unique three-level layout. Our guests loved feeling like they were experiencing four different events in one, all with a common thread. STAFF: We did all of our planning with the owners, Caio and Kristine. Caio was extremely prompt with communication, is easy to work with, and downright delightful. Jay, the day-of-coordinator, was calm and warm, kept things moving smoothly, quietly and tastefully kept us abreast of our bar tab, and even gathered our things and called us an Uber after our guests had departed and our dancing feet could take no more. James, the bartender, is fun, friendly, and enthusiastic about his colleagues. Lastly, I'd like to give a shout-out to Yulia, one of the servers, who was so attentive, at one point she asked me to step out of dinner to let me know I had a little something on my face. They knocked it out of the park, and I truly cannot say enough about how positive our experience was with each member of the Deity staff. FOOD: Chef Jason Bunin perfectly executed the cocktail hour and dinner. Our guests still comment on how much they loved the food! Don't miss the truffled potatoes or the sliders! DANCE PARTY: DJ Trauma kept our guests grinding on the dance floor all night long, peppering our requests with his selections, enhancing the party atmosphere. We were in shock when he announced it was the last song! We had a blast, stayed in budget (!) and HIGHLY recommend Deity!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Shaun S

My husband and I would like to highly recommend Deity as the perfect venue for you to get married! Let me start with the venue; it is so beautiful and elegant from the moment you get to the front door, throughout every step up it's rustic, zen, lovely staircase, to the cocktail... Read More hour space with exquisite stained glass windows, a beautiful tree in the center, a sophisticated welcoming bar, to the best part; the space where you have your ceremony. Small lights glow and create a space that is the essence of ambience that you and your guests will feel at ease and in love with, from the start. Now let me tell you the best part, the person in charge, Caio is a pleasure to work with. He is so experienced, hardworking and knowledgable that you don't have to worry about everything falling into space, because it will! As long as you follow the monthly directions as your big day gets closer, you are in the best hands. In fact, his entire staff are a pleasure. Our day-of organizer, Jay, was amazing from our first look at the space, to securing our deposit, to most impressively, being a warm, kind, and attentive day-of presence. Thank you DEITY! The food; is the best!! Our guests have complimented the delicious food so much and to that we keep on saying, "We agree." It is not boring wedding dishes, it is delicious and restaurant quality (Excellent restaurant quality). The DJ was wonderful too, Ben! He got all our guests, young and old on their feet and was a pleasure to work with. Please consider taking a look at Deity! The price is so reasonable, no hidden costs or uncertainty, and the venue and staff are wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Shaun S

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Sabrina P

Staff exceeded all of our expectations! James was so helpful assisting our check into the suite! He constantly checked up on me and the ladies, making sure we had water and all of the necessities. Everyone was astounded by the place, all it had to offer. James from the beginning... Read More until the very end-including the next day (I forgot my wedding dress when we were packing up of all things!) was readily available whenever I needed him. He was SUPERB! The suite was in perfect condition, functionally speaking everything worked! Jay introduced himself when he arrived and checked on us to make sure we were aware of the evening events and the staff who was taking care of us. The whole evening went off without a hitch and that goes for food and beverage service. The food was delicious! Every one of our guests kept raving about the food! Your staff kept making sure their plates were full as well! Jay kept us apprised of the bar tab as we requested, which we appreciated so we weren't too surprised when the bill came-hah! He also made sure our suite was serviced and always asked if it was "okay" to enter, etc. Yulia was on top of us the entire night, constantly refilling our drinks and making sure we were having a good time! After we got married we went to the suite to sign the marriage license and there she is with a platter of delicious food and drinks! That caviar appetizer was a HIT! She also gave me a pair of flats after the night was over- my feet were beat. Jamal did a great job DJing the night. Everyone complimented his music choice and he delivered the exact experience we were looking for. All in all the night could not have gone better, we are so happy we had our wedding at Deity! Many of our guests were blown away with your venue stating they have never seen anything like it and asked if you do other events. We highly recommend Deity!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Sarah S

My husband and I are so thrilled we chose to get married at Deity this past May. The beautiful hardwood floors, exposed brick and colorful stained-glass windows were perfect for the rustic romantic feel we imagined our wedding would have. The size was perfect to accommodate our... Read More 90 guests for a seated ceremony and sit-down family-style dinner. Caio, Jay and the whole Deity team was extremely helpful from day one. From scheduling our wedding day down to the minute, to literally helping grandma up the stairs; these guys think of everything! They were especially helpful during set-up. We literally dropped off 8-10 boxes of directions with no directions the day-of, and everything was beautifully laid out when we arrived including flowers, candles, favors, table numbers, cake stands, cupcakes, signs, the guestbook and instant camera, straws and napkins. Jay was very good at keeping my husband and I on-schedule, while the staff and bartenders were making sure we stayed happy and hydrated throughout the evening. As a bride who worked briefly in the wedding industry, I like to think I had everything covered but it was little things like making sure guests took home centerpieces, moving the guestbook down to the dancefloor and getting in contact with each vendor for deliveries that really showed me what experienced professionals the Diety team are. Another nice thing about Diety is they cover all the music for you. Big shout out to DJ Trauma who was amazing and professional! Lastly, the food is amazing! We had a good feeling about the food based on our trial at Pino but our guests absolutely loved the family-style dinner. We got the braised short ribs, bbq chicken, truffle mash potatoes and broccolini which all got rave reviews.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Ida K

Perfect. Incredible attention to detail. Flexible. Affordable, with incredibly high bang for your buck. Delicious food and creative drinks. Beautiful and intimate setting. Seasoned, polite, helpful, personable staff/team. - It is impossible to capture how pleased I am with my... Read More wedding at Deity this past weekend. From my venue visit over 18 months ago, to my planning meeting with the owner Caio a few months from my date, to my special day - my experience with Deity was impeccable. THE SPACE/DECOR: I fell in love with Deity with each visit. It is well cared for, intimate with room to mingle, beautiful and unique. It comes with beautiful candle center pieces and textured ivory linens. Because of this, the space does NOT need additional uplighting/overdone with flowers etc (money saver), and photographs beautifully. I liked that all our events were in 1 space to save our guests from traveling. The basement just underwent a beautiful renovation that includes a top notch sound system. THE TEAM: EXCEPTIONAL!!!!! I planned my wedding without a wedding planner. I knew once I stepped inside Deity I could breathe easy. The team is tenured, and runs a tight but flexible ship. We used family heirlooms, and the team took impeccable care to clean and return everything. They were incredibly polite and attentive without being overbearing. They neatly packed all our leftover belongings. Jay, our captain of events, checked in to make sure the evening went as we wanted and changed things accordingly. I felt so comfortable with everyone on my wedding day. The ENTIRE staff deserve a standing ovation. FOOD: Food was the reason WHY we booked Deity! Apps and dinner (along with linens, flatware and staff) are all included. The menu is both interesting and delicious. The jerk chicken sliders, lobster rolls, everything crusted tuna, and big daddy mac and cheese were EXCEPTIONAL. We have had countless friends and fam compliment the food- including a good friend who is a local Chef and was featured on the Food Network, as well as my Mom (if they approve - I approve!). Deity is also one of the few places who allows outside catering. I was able to bring traditional Filipino dishes and have them plated at no additional cost. Total game changer. DRINKS: Deity pours well drinks unless specified. The team was very honest and flexible on how to get the best value for our money. We created a signature cocktail named after our pet bunny rabbit and his favorite treat: watermelon. James created the perfect watermelon cocktail which all our guests LOVED. DJ: DJ Trauma got our crowd LIT. He was so easy to plan with - including the surprise dance our wedding party did!! He picked up our party vibe and our guests stayed dancing through the entire night. The week before our wedding, we were slammed and he even took a late night call to plan the day. I could not have asked for a better DJ. MISC: Insurance? Covered. Security? Covered. DJ? Covered (AND DAMN GOOD!). Staff? Covered. VALUE: A bazillion stars. I HIGHLY recommend Deity to anyone looking for an intimate wedding with delicious food, amazing team, and a headache free evening. You can dress the space up or down, according to your budget- but if your budget is tight, you don't have to do anything at all. I wish I could write more reviews to express how thankful I am for the team, but Yelp will have to do! Thank you DEITY! You truly outdid yourself!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kandice M

I couldn't have picked a better place for my wedding! We fell in love with Deity on our first visit and are so happy we had our wedding here. The staff did a great job from the planning stage to the day of. I literally wanted for nothing, which helped ease my nervousness,... Read More allowing me to enjoy my wedding day. The staff was extremely attentive and considerate and I wouldn't change a thing if I could do it all over again.

Reviewed on 4/09/2016

We got married at Deity, one week ago, April 2, 2016. We did our ceremony and reception there and what an absolute night to remember. We cannot sing the praises of Deity loud enough. The venue was stunning - photos do not do it justice. Our guests were blown away by the... Read More natural aesthetic and decor of all three floors. The transitions from floor to floor in between cocktails, ceremony, dinner, dancing was 100% fluid and flawless. The seamlessness of the night is all to the credit of the incredible Deity Team. We worked with the owner, Caio, for the months leading up to our wedding and he was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the process. Jay, the lead on our wedding day, was a true professional. He runs a tight ship and his efforts did not go unnoticed. He took care of us from the moment we walked into the venue to the moment he put us in a cab to our after party. The rest of the staff at Deity was totally top notch as well. A+ The food was delicious. Multiple guests commented that it was some of the best wedding food they have ever had. We absolutely loved the family style dining and highly recommend it to anyone who has an event there. It creates such a warm, inviting, and friendly environment. We have a family member who has a few severe food allergies and the chef, made every accommodation we requested. The dancing portion of the evening was incredible and we have our DJ, Jamal, to thank for that. With minimal direction from our part, he played such an amazing soundtrack, people were on their feet for the entire night. While we were planning our wedding, we were initially concerned that there was not enough seating in the cellar/dance area -- that was 100% incorrect -- no one wanted to sit. Everyone wanted to dance! PSA: Deity is not for those who want a 100% DIY space. You chose this space because it is beautiful, unique, and the decor/rentals that come with the venue are top notch. One of us does a lot of event planning as part of our job and trust us, we were very picky when looking at event spaces and the quality of their chairs, linens, plates, etc. We did some personalization for our wedding (mainly centerpieces and a big cookie table for dessert) but we very much kept our contribution as minimal as possible because we wanted to highlight the gorgeous space. Check this place out - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Chelsea D

My wedding at Deity was absolutely perfect, and I couldn't recommend them more highly. The staff was incredible and every single person really went above and beyond to make sure every detail was worked out and that the entire night went off without a hitch. The food was... Read More delicious and there was a ton of it. Caio remembered every single thing we discussed and nobody had to worry about a single thing from the second the event started. He also took special care of everything we had brought in for the ceremony that had sentimental value, which I really appreciated because I would have totally forgotten about a lot of it. The DJ was really fantastic as well. Deity really just makes it so you don't have to worry about anything except having an amazing time. Relative to other NYC venues we looked at, it was extremely well priced as well. Guests consistently remarked that the pictures don't do the place justice, so even though it's beautiful online, it's really striking in person and the ambiance was perfect for a party that was joyful, warm, and really really fun.