The Essence of Event Planning

Dejanae Events is an award-winning wedding and event planning company where our focus is you. We capture your thoughts, ideas and dreams and formulate them into an unforgettable wedding day that you and your partner will cherish forever.

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

5113 South Harper Avenue, Suite 2C, Chicago, IL (312) 759-7685

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Deborah J

Desiree is magnificent! I was lead to her doorstep by someone at the venue, and I could not be more pleased! Not only was she organized and but she works hard to make sure that what the bride and couple want can be worked out. She provides suggestions, she is available to... Read More answer questions and provide opinions as needed. Her timeline and reminders are on time, this is supportive and she is such a cheerleader for you and your wedding!!! These things are invaluable. She walked us through everything, her list of vendors is impeccable which is so important, sometimes you just don't know where to start. She reminded me many times that this would be a stressfree day and it was, my husband immediately said after the space walk through---"she knows what she's doing"... she was right there central to make that happen. I mostly engaged her "Day of" services but she provided a good deal of support each month before that, particularly being able to ask questions and receive timely answers. Nothing feel through the cracks. I just wish I could keep her and her staff in my life. Didi was great and when I was trying to get laced up in my gown Peggy was fab as my bridesmaids were inexperienced with this type dress. I loved that they all cried with me as well... and were sentimental about the wedding while not missing a step! Love you D, you're the best!!

Commitment to Service

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Donna G

Where do I begin with my review? From the very beginning when my daughter & I met with Desiree Dent of Dejanae Events we knew we would have great quality and customer service! It was important for me to choose the right company to handle day of coordination for my daughter's... Read More wedding because I am an Event Planner myself. I needed to be confident knowing that I was placing me & my daughter's vision in the right hands. The wedding on October 10, 2015 was amazingly stunning! Due to unforeseen circumstances, the venue for the wedding had to be changed the day before which was October 9, 2015. I contacted Desiree Dent, who went right into damage control mode. She was determined to assist in any and every way possible to ensure the my daughter's wedding would happen! Desiree and her employee Nikki Crowder went right into fix it mode. On the day of the wedding at the new venue Desiree & Nikki were great at coordinating and giving directions to all of the vendors on sight; improvising by working with the vendors to ensure some of the designs would fit the new venue! Desiree and Nikki were amazingly focused, professional and committed. Their flexibility was great! They didn't just see my daughter's wedding as another business transaction, but as a major life event! It became personal for them! All of my family members and friends are still raving about how beautifully stunning everything was. It was something you would see at a Hollywood wedding! You exceeded our expectations! Our vision became a reality in spite of the last minute change of the venue. I will forever be in debt to your level of commitment to customer service and dedication to what you do! Thank you!

Wedding Planner from Heaven!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Jasmine H

Meeting Desiree is almost like meeting with a humble Van Gogh to commission a piece for your special day. She is the Van Gogh of wedding planning. Her experience shines…very bright throughout the whole process leading up to and after our wedding. There were so many... Read More considerations that weren’t considered brought up by Desiree that eventually made our day smoother and more structured than we ever could have imagined. She set forth the flow of our wedding from what time we should be ready at the hotel to when we should have our first dance that effectively crafted our day to be stress free and an agent for maximum enjoyment. Desiree is a beacon for professionalism, cross functionally dealing with many vendors at once, ensuring they were all on the same page effectively releasing that stress from us “Bride and Groom”. During the wedding this professionalism was shown to our whole wedding party dealing with an unruly photographer. Desiree kindly asked our photographer to wrap up our pictures post ceremony given the venue had to rearrange tables for our reception. Our photographer had a lapse in professionalism amongst the entire wedding party and snapped at Desiree, which was something we didn’t appreciate, and uncalled for. Regardless, Desiree kindly removed herself from the situation and allowed the photographer to finish without initiating an assuming verbal altercation. This was a sacrifice she made to allow us to enjoy the rest of our event without observing such things, a sacrifice that we much appreciated. During the wedding Desiree was silent and non-assuming, controlling the event from the background without disrupting a wedding flow she put together. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner, and she truly made our day “The” best day of our lives. Also we have to give so many thanks to her staff and the structure they offered to our wedding. It was almost as if the secret service were delegating our wedding, while treating us like president and first lady. Awesome work from a passionate wedding planning professional. Desiree is truly heaven sent and I would recommend her over and over!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Brittni T

Dejanae Events did a wonderful job coordinating and making my day beautiful! The initial meeting was thorough and quickly made me realize that without Desiree, I would be overwhelmed. Her energy and calm nature carried through all the way through the end of the evening. She gave... Read More great suggestions on cakes and decor and her attention to detail is highly respected. I would definitely recommend her for your next event- it was money very well spent!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Krystal D

I’m not sure where to start with this review because there are so many wonderful things I want to share about Desiree of Dejanae Events. Desiree was absolutely amazing from the moment we started discussing planning options until I was officially Mrs. Ross. I first reached out to... Read More Desiree as soon as I got engaged. I was so excited to get started with the planning process and had so many ideas that I wanted to bring to life. I spoke to Desiree on the phone and she asked me some initial questions and we set up a consultation meeting. But, then I had to cancel the meeting. About 4 months or so later I reached out to Desiree again and to my surprise she had all of the notes from our initial conversations. She described every detailed I had told her months prior and at that moment I know Desiree was our planner. Upon selecting our vendors for flowers, invitations, calligraphy, and DJ Desiree was spot on every single time. I would describe to her my vision and then she would recommend a specific vendor. I would take some time to review the vendor and look over their IG account to get a feel for their style. Desiree would set up the meetings, bring my zillion pictures to the meeting lol, and provide her planning expertise. The thing I appreciated the most was that because of her years of experience and attention to details I didn’t have to run around the city going to vendor after vendor as my schedule did not permit me to do so. Desiree understood me and my vision for our wedding. Throughout my planning process, Desiree was so patient, but also honest when my extravagant ideas didn’t align with our wedding budget. She provided me with alternatives and also kept my wedding vision in mind. My Husband and I knew we wanted to have a morning wedding and a brunch reception at the Langham because we love to eat brunch. Desiree was amazing in making sure we were able to still have some of the traditional aspects of a wedding ceremony and still adhere to our timeline. When our wedding day arrived you better believe there were things that happened that were outside of our control. These things affected the wedding timeline that Desiree has meticulously designed. There were times when I was a bit overwhelmed, but I managed to remain calm because I trusted that Desiree would make sure everything would go smoothly. My guest didn’t know that the entire reception timeline had been altered on the fly to adjust for the delay that morning. All of my guests had an amazing time and they were completely blown away by the design of our wedding. The funniest thing about my time working with Desiree was I never considered her to be a vendor. Desiree was more like a big sister that was professional, supportive, and just all around amazing. This review only allows me to give five stars, but Desiree truly deserves an infinite amount of stars.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Sheilina H

I explored several planners, before making a final decision. In all my research I knew that I wanted Dejanae Events to be our planning partner, no matter the destination. As a Chicago native, I dreamed of a downtown wedding. Being a new resident to Tampa, Florida, I also... Read More considered a Florida wedding. The very first decision we made after saying Yes to the ring, was hiring Dejanae Events. Desiree was such a joy to work with. She became a member of the family. She was there to answer questions via email or phone outside of normal business hours. She vetted out several options for us, in multiple locations. Her flexibility allowed me to review options virtually, plan visits while in town and consider the total package before making a venue decision. When we decided on a destination wedding, she pulled together resources to make it an easy process for all guests from across the country. We were so grateful to have her support from "Yes" to "I Do". Her patience and professionalism were a necessity in Jamaica, to manage the variety of guests, bridal party members and the local wedding coordinator. The vendors she recommended were top notch and we've used them for services after the wedding as well. The reception turned out to be picture perfect and I didn't have to lift a finger. For professional planning, with dedicated signature service, Dejanae Events is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Sarita S

Greetings Dejane Events, My husband and I would like to thank these lovely ladies for making our wedding day so special. We would like to say that Dejane Events (Desiree Dent - Owner) is one of the greatest event planning companies in the Chicago-land area. My wedding... Read More took place on September 17, 2017 at the Seville Banquet Hall in Streamwood, IL. I recall during my planning when I was in a fuss Desiree knew exactly how to make me feel better and calm me down. The day of our rehearsal Desiree was fun and exciting with giving directions for the rehearsal, she knew everything to say and what instructions to give my bridal party, they loved her and they knew exactly what to do. 6 weeks prior to the day of my wedding she assisted with taking care of follow ups and all of my last minute details and all things ran smoothly. I felt very comfortable and relaxed the day of my wedding because we knew that all things were going to be fine. The minute I walked into the room with my dad, I was so pleased with the setup of my room, all I could do was smile. Desiree and her team really took care of my friends, family and to say the least the bride and groom. My husband and I have been married for 3 weeks now and and we love it! Desiree is the best wedding coordinator ever, she knows how to get the job done and she does it in a loving way she is there to make sure all things are in the favor for the bride and groom she paid close attention to what we needed. Desiree is organized, professional, experienced, punctual sweet, and charismatic. She is there to do a job and she gets it done. I have been to other weddings and have seen coordinators perform in an unprofessional manner, but not Desiree she loves what she does and you see it through her professionalism. I joke and tell people that she is a like a "ninja" because when you need her she shows up quickly. She knows all her clients and pays close attention to their needs. Dejane Events is experienced so please consider using these ladies to make your event special. I know that you will be pleased because we were! Desiree thank you for being there to setup and coordinate the details for us we truly will be using you for our next events. Love ya and you totally ROCK!!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Michelle M

I cannot say enough about Desiree! It's like she got inside of my head and was able to see my vision and make it come to fruition. My wedding was absolutely the best! Being the control freak, Type A person that I am, I didn't think that I would be able to turn over the planning... Read More of my wedding to anyone! Desiree made it easy for me to trust her with my special day and for the first time in my life, I was able to release control and enjoy my wedding experience. If you are looking for an AWESOME planner, contact Desiree Moore Dent at Dejanae Events. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Sarah W

Desireé and her team were heaven-sent for my July 15 wedding. Of all the decisions I made about my wedding, choosing Desireé as a full service planner was the most wise! I'm envious of the DE Team's attention to detail and tremendous ability to have grace under pressure. I was a... Read More bride with very little patience, and in the last few weeks of planning, I was ready to throw my hands up. But, Desireé kept me calm and saw me through to the end. Also, when I turned into an annoying micromanager about wedding details, Desireé gently steered me in better and wiser directions. My guests have told me that my wedding was enchanting and they've never seen anything like it, but the credit belongs to Desireé and the professionals she introduced to me! My advice to future brides . . . don't listen to anyone who says you don't need a planner. You do. And, because of Desireé, I was able to thoroughly enjoy my wedding day without worry. I'm anxiously anticipating the opportunity to work with her again when my husband and I start adding additions to our family. Not now. But soon! So, until then . . . I truly can't thank Desireé enough for her guidance over this past year of planning. I feel like I'm having that type of separation anxiety a young woman has when she and her "cool aunt" have to part ways after having the best summer together. But, thank you Dejanae Events . . . all of you are permanently in my heart.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Robyn T

Truly, there are not enough great things to say about Desiree Dent. When my husband and I met her in March 2016 to begin planning our June 2017 wedding, it was love at first sight. (We even cancelled a few other appointments we had with other wedding planners.) Desiree is... Read More kind, professional, responsive, experienced and very attentive to detail. We booked her 3-month-before package, which entailed getting a vendor list and several meetings in the months prior to our wedding. At each meeting, we were so impressed with all the details she thought of to make sure our wedding day was perfect. As part of our package, she also did a ton of heavy lifting behind the scenes, creating a detailed wedding day timeline and coordinating countless logistics with vendors. We were also really happy with her recommended vendor list and hired our florist, makeup artist, DJ, transportation company, and ceremony harpist from her. (All vendors did a fantastic job and we really liked hiring professionals who had worked together before.) We were really wowed when we saw our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Of course, we had spoken with Desiree about what we wanted but to see it all executed so beautifully was magical. One of the greatest things about hiring a wedding planner is that you get to sit back and simply enjoy spending time with your friends and family on your wedding day. Had we not hired Desiree, I'm convinced the day would have been far more stressful. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Sarah P

Desiree is the holy grail of wedding planners: she is experienced, organized, intelligent, responsive, discerning (i.e. discreet when she needs to be and outspoken when appropriate and always tactful), kind, thoughtful, comprehensive, and she has a great sense of humor to... Read More boot. In the early planning stages, my husband-to-be was not even totally convinced of the value of hiring a wedding coordinator. It only took that initial consultation meeting with Desiree, and he was among the converted. It would be worth every penny (and it was!) to know that the hundreds of details - big and small, known and unknown - were in masterful hands. My hubs and I spent over a year meticulously plotting out the details of our May wedding - and we truly experienced a thrilling and near perfect manifestation of those plans, in no small part, because of Dejanae Events. The DE team flawlessly executed their duties on our wedding day. We thank each of them so much. And as for their fearless leader, what can I say...although I only know Desiree in a professional context, I feel as if she is a friend. Desiree took such great care of us, and we recommend her wholeheartedly! 5/5 stars. Plus all the bonus stars available. She should have those too.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Amanda C

I first was introduced to Desireé at my best friend's wedding and she had hired her to plan her wedding. What I saw that day blew me away. The way she handled every sitation, even when it came to dealing with rude photographers, she handled herself with such class and... Read More professionalism I HAD to her be my day of coordinator. And I'm so glad I did because that was the absolutely BEST decision I made for my special day. I received so many compliments on how organized my wedding was. It could not have been done without Desireé and her amazing team! She went above and beyond to make our day so special and we truly are so thankful for her. She will be hired by me again for my parent's 30th anniversary party and any big party I have here on out! Desireé and her team are worth EVERY penny! :D

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sherri W

We found Desiree of Dejanae Events on The Knot. My daughter and I had our first conference call via Skype with Desiree in November 2015. We were planning my daughter's September 18th 2016 wedding. I immediately knew that I wanted her as our coordinator. I had spoken with a... Read More couple of other companies beforehand. I honestly thought that a coordinator wasn't in our budget and since I was very involved in everything concerning the wedding, that I could do it myself.I had a few friends helping as much as they could. I had spoken with Desiree a few times in between. About seven weeks before the wedding I was a little overwhelmed and I knew that I did not want to have to worry about anything the day of the wedding so I called Desiree again and she came on as our day of coordinator. What can I say, Desiree was phenomenal! She came in as if she had been there all along. She pulled everything together from the decor to the seating. She was always available and very helpful, kind Pleasant and professional. Everyone complimented on how timely, organized and smooth everything was the day of the wedding. Even the staff at our church said they that was the most organized rehearsal they had seen. Everyone wanted to know who she was and where did I find her. Desiree did whatever had to be done to make sure everything was right. She even stepped in and was the MC at the reception when she found out that the MC was going to be late. The DE team made sure everything was perfect at the church and the venue! I highly recommend anyone planning a wedding to put the coordinator in the budget first, but not just any planner it has to be Dejanae Events. I can guarantee you will be happy and you won't regret it! Had I did that first it would have made things much easier for me. The DE team is awesome. We were looking for an event planner and we gained a friend. Thank you Desiree for everything!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Monique C

We hired Desiree as our Day of Coordinator. She did such a wonderful job. We scoured the internet and interviewed several wedding coordinators. We selected Desiree because her years of experience, professionalism, and personality made us feel very comfortable that she would... Read More handle any issues that arose on wedding day and make sure that the wedding ceremony and reception was perfect. After spending a year planning my wedding I wanted to be sure that it came together how I envisioned it. I made the right choice as Desiree was on top of everything and made sure it was flawless.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 John P

If I could give this business 6 stars, I would! Their standard of excellence, efficiency in communication, attention to detail and ability to stay calm and enjoy the day with us was amazing! Truly, I would suggest their services to anyone seeking to lessen their wedding planning... Read More stress. It's great to have people who just know all the ins, outs, nooks, crannies and minutia of what they are doing. Dejanae Events is run by these type of people.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Brandi C

Wow. Dejanae Events. By far the very BEST in wedding and event planning! I've had the opportunity to work with the DE team twice- first, for my wedding in 2013 and most recently my baby sisters BEAUTIFUL spring wedding this past May. I consider it a pure honor and joy! When my... Read More sister announced her engagement it was a NO brainer who we'd hire as her coordinator. Owner, Desireé is the TRUTH and her support staff is just as amazing! ! My sister knew first hand what to expect from the Dejanae Events and we were totally blown away yet again! As matron of honor, I of course wanted to alleviate as much stress from my sister as possible. Desireé did just that and way more. Her superb attention to detail, excellent communication, charisma, and kindness is unparalleled! What I appreciate most is her genuine, honest professionalism. Her love for what she does is evident in her work. Her vendor relationships are also worth noting- she works with the best! She makes each bride feel flawless, confident, and eliminates any stress and anxiety. It doesn't stop there. She makes the bride and grooms family feel at ease in what can be exhausting, stressful moments (pre-wedding planning, rehearsals and wedding day). I am blessed to know Desireé and am proud to call her a friend. I look forward to working with her for years to come! ....I have another sister who'll be getting hitched sooner than later. It'll be an international wedding in Scotland.... and yes, we plan to have the DE Team there! Ask about Desireé, she's going places, moving mountains- the best is yet to come!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Janel R

Desiree and her team were such a pleasure to work with. I was apprehensive in hiring a wedding planner but I am so glad I changed my mind. They helped make our wedding day flow perfectly....everything was exactly how my fiance and I wanted it! I would not hesitate to recommend... Read More Dejanae Events to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Kathy H

I had the pleasure of working with Desiree for my August 6th 2016 wedding, and immediately after meeting with her, she took on that "mommy role" in addition to her wedding planning duties. During the planning phase, every call was either answered or followed by a text if not,... Read More she was always punctual for all our appointments, and always provided advice so that I wouldn't spend to much money! She also keep me on track with all the time sensitive materials and made sure nothing feel through the cracks. On wedding day, she and her team took care of everything, and I literally felt like I was on David Tutera's "My fair wedding" when I walked into my reception-it was absolutely gorgeous! Thank you again for putting up with me and my semi break downs during this whole process. I won't be planning another wedding anytime soon, but for other elegant events, I'll definitely utilize her services again.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jasper H

Desiree and her team were absolutely amazing. My wife and I didn’t contract her services until late in the wedding planning process after ending the relationship with our previous planner. As I am sure you can imagine we were pretty apprehensive on hiring anyone else. Much to... Read More our surprise, Desiree stepped in and picked up the pieces and helped steward us through the wedding planning process as if she was a part of the team since day one. Her organizational skills, attention to detail and tenacious work ethic are all traits that she embodies and are what make her a legend in the business. On top of that she recommend “Grade A” vendors for us and we were thoroughly pleased with her services. Our wedding went on with zero problems and we highly recommend Dejanae Events for your next event.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sharonda M

My fiancé and I decided on a destination wedding but wanted to celebrate our engagement locally with family and friends. Our concept was to have a fabulous city chic rooftop affair. While casually searching for an event planner, I came across Dejanae Events. From the first... Read More moment I spoke with Desireé, I sensed her professionalism. In further working with her, it was clear that the accolades and stellar reviews that caught my attention were much deserved. Desireé is very good at what she does, is responsive and extremely knowledgeable. Somehow she even managed to impress my fiancé and that is not at all easy to do. I love that she listens and is an advocate for her clients. I remember being so excited when I received her design presentation as she captured our vision perfectly! Desireé also has very good vendor relationships and contacts. The baker, the florist, the calligrapher and the photographer she recommended all had nothing but very nice things to say about Desireé. Fast forward to event day...Our plan was to have an elaborately decorated outdoor event. Although the weather did not agree with this plan - Desireé and the DE Team did not disappoint. I never thought I would utilize the services of a planner for a social event. The second I walked into the "rain back-up plan" I knew that hiring Dejanae Events was the best decision I had made. The room was stunning and radiated in romance. Absolute perfection for an engagement soirée! If I did not know any better I would have thought it was set up exactly the way we had been planning over the previous four months. My guests raved about everything all night and for weeks after. Desireé loves what she does and is driven to deliver the best possible experience for her clients. I would love the opportunity to work with her again. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for everything DE Team!!! Sharonda & Demetrius

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Rhonda T

Her professionalism and knowledge is comparable to none!!! During our whole process, not only was she available, she was effective with every single minute of our time and pleasant to work with. Wedding planning can be stressful but I didn't experience that, with Desireé, I was... Read More able to focus on my new job and moving while she handled the wedding. She was organized and punctual. Her expertise made every worth while. I can't thank her enough for the part she played in our wedding. Because of her it was simply magical. Seriously no words I can say can describe how AMAZING her company is. You'll just have to book her yourself.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Nikkiba J

Desiree Dent, proprietor of Dejanae Events, is the ultimate in wedding planning, PERIOD!! I found this company here on The Knot over a year ago. We desperately needed a coordinator due to our busy lives, and after comparing several companies we chose Dejanae Events based on... Read More their location, experience, price and customer feedback. Desiree is professional, organized, prompt and has a plethora of resources in the area. You will NOT be disappointed in the quality of service of this company!! Our guests raved about how well every detail was laid out during the ceremony and reception, and how smoothly everything flowed. If you are in need of help, this is the company to go with. As the bride, I had absolutely NO STRESS during the entire planning process because my coordinator carried the load for me, while giving me the ability to pick and choose every detail from catering to floral arrangements to seating and music. Desiree is patient and kind. Her resources are abundant, and contractors love her!!! Our union was truly blessed and Dejanae Events had A LOT to do with how well things went on our special day! You will not only work with a coordinator for your wedding needs, you will make a friend! We love Desiree and her team!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

June 25, 2016 was my special day and I am absolutely pleased with Desiree and Dejanae Events! They were AWESOME! I will tell you this, if you want a beautiful wedding then hire the BEST! Desiree, was professional thru and thru she kept me on budget and she was timely with... Read More responding to my emails and phone calls, she recommended all of my vendors and they were great! I truly enjoyed working with Desiree and I am happy with the end results: A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

She is very professional. She was there whenever you needed her, but out of sight when you didn't. Made the wedding and reception run like clockwork!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Tori H

Desiree and her team were absolutely great! I don't know how I would've survived my day without her. Because of Desiree, our wedding was beautiful, fun, stress free and amazing. Thank you Dejanae Events!