The Essence of Event Planning

Dejanae Events is an award-winning wedding and event planning company where our focus is you. We capture your thoughts, ideas and dreams and formulate them into an unforgettable wedding day that you and your partner will cherish forever.

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

5113 South Harper Avenue, Suite 2C, Chicago, IL (312) 759-7685

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Deborah J

Desiree is magnificent! I was lead to her doorstep by someone at the venue, and I could not be more pleased! Not only was she organized and but she works hard to make sure that what the bride and couple want can be worked out. She provides suggestions, she is available to... Read More answer questions and provide opinions as needed. Her timeline and reminders are on time, this is supportive and she is such a cheerleader for you and your wedding!!! These things are invaluable. She walked us through everything, her list of vendors is impeccable which is so important, sometimes you just don't know where to start. She reminded me many times that this would be a stressfree day and it was, my husband immediately said after the space walk through---"she knows what she's doing"... she was right there central to make that happen. I mostly engaged her "Day of" services but she provided a good deal of support each month before that, particularly being able to ask questions and receive timely answers. Nothing feel through the cracks. I just wish I could keep her and her staff in my life. Didi was great and when I was trying to get laced up in my gown Peggy was fab as my bridesmaids were inexperienced with this type dress. I loved that they all cried with me as well... and were sentimental about the wedding while not missing a step! Love you D, you're the best!!

Commitment to Service

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Donna G

Where do I begin with my review? From the very beginning when my daughter & I met with Desiree Dent of Dejanae Events we knew we would have great quality and customer service! It was important for me to choose the right company to handle day of coordination for my daughter's... Read More wedding because I am an Event Planner myself. I needed to be confident knowing that I was placing me & my daughter's vision in the right hands. The wedding on October 10, 2015 was amazingly stunning! Due to unforeseen circumstances, the venue for the wedding had to be changed the day before which was October 9, 2015. I contacted Desiree Dent, who went right into damage control mode. She was determined to assist in any and every way possible to ensure the my daughter's wedding would happen! Desiree and her employee Nikki Crowder went right into fix it mode. On the day of the wedding at the new venue Desiree & Nikki were great at coordinating and giving directions to all of the vendors on sight; improvising by working with the vendors to ensure some of the designs would fit the new venue! Desiree and Nikki were amazingly focused, professional and committed. Their flexibility was great! They didn't just see my daughter's wedding as another business transaction, but as a major life event! It became personal for them! All of my family members and friends are still raving about how beautifully stunning everything was. It was something you would see at a Hollywood wedding! You exceeded our expectations! Our vision became a reality in spite of the last minute change of the venue. I will forever be in debt to your level of commitment to customer service and dedication to what you do! Thank you!

Wedding Planner from Heaven!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Jasmine H

Meeting Desiree is almost like meeting with a humble Van Gogh to commission a piece for your special day. She is the Van Gogh of wedding planning. Her experience shines…very bright throughout the whole process leading up to and after our wedding. There were so many... Read More considerations that weren’t considered brought up by Desiree that eventually made our day smoother and more structured than we ever could have imagined. She set forth the flow of our wedding from what time we should be ready at the hotel to when we should have our first dance that effectively crafted our day to be stress free and an agent for maximum enjoyment. Desiree is a beacon for professionalism, cross functionally dealing with many vendors at once, ensuring they were all on the same page effectively releasing that stress from us “Bride and Groom”. During the wedding this professionalism was shown to our whole wedding party dealing with an unruly photographer. Desiree kindly asked our photographer to wrap up our pictures post ceremony given the venue had to rearrange tables for our reception. Our photographer had a lapse in professionalism amongst the entire wedding party and snapped at Desiree, which was something we didn’t appreciate, and uncalled for. Regardless, Desiree kindly removed herself from the situation and allowed the photographer to finish without initiating an assuming verbal altercation. This was a sacrifice she made to allow us to enjoy the rest of our event without observing such things, a sacrifice that we much appreciated. During the wedding Desiree was silent and non-assuming, controlling the event from the background without disrupting a wedding flow she put together. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner, and she truly made our day “The” best day of our lives. Also we have to give so many thanks to her staff and the structure they offered to our wedding. It was almost as if the secret service were delegating our wedding, while treating us like president and first lady. Awesome work from a passionate wedding planning professional. Desiree is truly heaven sent and I would recommend her over and over!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Sarah P

Desiree is the holy grail of wedding planners: she is experienced, organized, intelligent, responsive, discerning (i.e. discreet when she needs to be and outspoken when appropriate and always tactful), kind, thoughtful, comprehensive, and she has a great sense of humor to... Read More boot. In the early planning stages, my husband-to-be was not even totally convinced of the value of hiring a wedding coordinator. It only took that initial consultation meeting with Desiree, and he was among the converted. It would be worth every penny (and it was!) to know that the hundreds of details - big and small, known and unknown - were in masterful hands. My hubs and I spent over a year meticulously plotting out the details of our May wedding - and we truly experienced a thrilling and near perfect manifestation of those plans, in no small part, because of Dejanae Events. The DE team flawlessly executed their duties on our wedding day. We thank each of them so much. And as for their fearless leader, what can I say...although I only know Desiree in a professional context, I feel as if she is a friend. Desiree took such great care of us, and we recommend her wholeheartedly! 5/5 stars. Plus all the bonus stars available. She should have those too.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Amanda C

I first was introduced to Desireé at my best friend's wedding and she had hired her to plan her wedding. What I saw that day blew me away. The way she handled every sitation, even when it came to dealing with rude photographers, she handled herself with such class and... Read More professionalism I HAD to her be my day of coordinator. And I'm so glad I did because that was the absolutely BEST decision I made for my special day. I received so many compliments on how organized my wedding was. It could not have been done without Desireé and her amazing team! She went above and beyond to make our day so special and we truly are so thankful for her. She will be hired by me again for my parent's 30th anniversary party and any big party I have here on out! Desireé and her team are worth EVERY penny! :D

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sherri W

We found Desiree of Dejanae Events on The Knot. My daughter and I had our first conference call via Skype with Desiree in November 2015. We were planning my daughter's September 18th 2016 wedding. I immediately knew that I wanted her as our coordinator. I had spoken with a... Read More couple of other companies beforehand. I honestly thought that a coordinator wasn't in our budget and since I was very involved in everything concerning the wedding, that I could do it myself.I had a few friends helping as much as they could. I had spoken with Desiree a few times in between. About seven weeks before the wedding I was a little overwhelmed and I knew that I did not want to have to worry about anything the day of the wedding so I called Desiree again and she came on as our day of coordinator. What can I say, Desiree was phenomenal! She came in as if she had been there all along. She pulled everything together from the decor to the seating. She was always available and very helpful, kind Pleasant and professional. Everyone complimented on how timely, organized and smooth everything was the day of the wedding. Even the staff at our church said they that was the most organized rehearsal they had seen. Everyone wanted to know who she was and where did I find her. Desiree did whatever had to be done to make sure everything was right. She even stepped in and was the MC at the reception when she found out that the MC was going to be late. The DE team made sure everything was perfect at the church and the venue! I highly recommend anyone planning a wedding to put the coordinator in the budget first, but not just any planner it has to be Dejanae Events. I can guarantee you will be happy and you won't regret it! Had I did that first it would have made things much easier for me. The DE team is awesome. We were looking for an event planner and we gained a friend. Thank you Desiree for everything!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Monique C

We hired Desiree as our Day of Coordinator. She did such a wonderful job. We scoured the internet and interviewed several wedding coordinators. We selected Desiree because her years of experience, professionalism, and personality made us feel very comfortable that she would... Read More handle any issues that arose on wedding day and make sure that the wedding ceremony and reception was perfect. After spending a year planning my wedding I wanted to be sure that it came together how I envisioned it. I made the right choice as Desiree was on top of everything and made sure it was flawless.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 John P

If I could give this business 6 stars, I would! Their standard of excellence, efficiency in communication, attention to detail and ability to stay calm and enjoy the day with us was amazing! Truly, I would suggest their services to anyone seeking to lessen their wedding planning... Read More stress. It's great to have people who just know all the ins, outs, nooks, crannies and minutia of what they are doing. Dejanae Events is run by these type of people.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Brandi C

Wow. Dejanae Events. By far the very BEST in wedding and event planning! I've had the opportunity to work with the DE team twice- first, for my wedding in 2013 and most recently my baby sisters BEAUTIFUL spring wedding this past May. I consider it a pure honor and joy! When my... Read More sister announced her engagement it was a NO brainer who we'd hire as her coordinator. Owner, Desireé is the TRUTH and her support staff is just as amazing! ! My sister knew first hand what to expect from the Dejanae Events and we were totally blown away yet again! As matron of honor, I of course wanted to alleviate as much stress from my sister as possible. Desireé did just that and way more. Her superb attention to detail, excellent communication, charisma, and kindness is unparalleled! What I appreciate most is her genuine, honest professionalism. Her love for what she does is evident in her work. Her vendor relationships are also worth noting- she works with the best! She makes each bride feel flawless, confident, and eliminates any stress and anxiety. It doesn't stop there. She makes the bride and grooms family feel at ease in what can be exhausting, stressful moments (pre-wedding planning, rehearsals and wedding day). I am blessed to know Desireé and am proud to call her a friend. I look forward to working with her for years to come! ....I have another sister who'll be getting hitched sooner than later. It'll be an international wedding in Scotland.... and yes, we plan to have the DE Team there! Ask about Desireé, she's going places, moving mountains- the best is yet to come!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Janel R

Desiree and her team were such a pleasure to work with. I was apprehensive in hiring a wedding planner but I am so glad I changed my mind. They helped make our wedding day flow perfectly....everything was exactly how my fiance and I wanted it! I would not hesitate to recommend... Read More Dejanae Events to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Kathy H

I had the pleasure of working with Desiree for my August 6th 2016 wedding, and immediately after meeting with her, she took on that "mommy role" in addition to her wedding planning duties. During the planning phase, every call was either answered or followed by a text if not,... Read More she was always punctual for all our appointments, and always provided advice so that I wouldn't spend to much money! She also keep me on track with all the time sensitive materials and made sure nothing feel through the cracks. On wedding day, she and her team took care of everything, and I literally felt like I was on David Tutera's "My fair wedding" when I walked into my reception-it was absolutely gorgeous! Thank you again for putting up with me and my semi break downs during this whole process. I won't be planning another wedding anytime soon, but for other elegant events, I'll definitely utilize her services again.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jasper H

Desiree and her team were absolutely amazing. My wife and I didn’t contract her services until late in the wedding planning process after ending the relationship with our previous planner. As I am sure you can imagine we were pretty apprehensive on hiring anyone else. Much to... Read More our surprise, Desiree stepped in and picked up the pieces and helped steward us through the wedding planning process as if she was a part of the team since day one. Her organizational skills, attention to detail and tenacious work ethic are all traits that she embodies and are what make her a legend in the business. On top of that she recommend “Grade A” vendors for us and we were thoroughly pleased with her services. Our wedding went on with zero problems and we highly recommend Dejanae Events for your next event.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sharonda C

My fiancé and I decided on a destination wedding but wanted to celebrate our engagement locally with family and friends. Our concept was to have a fabulous city chic rooftop affair. While casually searching for an event planner, I came across Dejanae Events. From the first... Read More moment I spoke with Desireé, I sensed her professionalism. In further working with her, it was clear that the accolades and stellar reviews that caught my attention were much deserved. Desireé is very good at what she does, is responsive and extremely knowledgeable. Somehow she even managed to impress my fiancé and that is not at all easy to do. I love that she listens and is an advocate for her clients. I remember being so excited when I received her design presentation as she captured our vision perfectly! Desireé also has very good vendor relationships and contacts. The baker, the florist, the calligrapher and the photographer she recommended all had nothing but very nice things to say about Desireé. Fast forward to event day...Our plan was to have an elaborately decorated outdoor event. Although the weather did not agree with this plan - Desireé and the DE Team did not disappoint. I never thought I would utilize the services of a planner for a social event. The second I walked into the "rain back-up plan" I knew that hiring Dejanae Events was the best decision I had made. The room was stunning and radiated in romance. Absolute perfection for an engagement soirée! If I did not know any better I would have thought it was set up exactly the way we had been planning over the previous four months. My guests raved about everything all night and for weeks after. Desireé loves what she does and is driven to deliver the best possible experience for her clients. I would love the opportunity to work with her again. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for everything DE Team!!! Sharonda & Demetrius

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Rhonda T

Her professionalism and knowledge is comparable to none!!! During our whole process, not only was she available, she was effective with every single minute of our time and pleasant to work with. Wedding planning can be stressful but I didn't experience that, with Desireé, I was... Read More able to focus on my new job and moving while she handled the wedding. She was organized and punctual. Her expertise made every worth while. I can't thank her enough for the part she played in our wedding. Because of her it was simply magical. Seriously no words I can say can describe how AMAZING her company is. You'll just have to book her yourself.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Nikkiba J

Desiree Dent, proprietor of Dejanae Events, is the ultimate in wedding planning, PERIOD!! I found this company here on The Knot over a year ago. We desperately needed a coordinator due to our busy lives, and after comparing several companies we chose Dejanae Events based on... Read More their location, experience, price and customer feedback. Desiree is professional, organized, prompt and has a plethora of resources in the area. You will NOT be disappointed in the quality of service of this company!! Our guests raved about how well every detail was laid out during the ceremony and reception, and how smoothly everything flowed. If you are in need of help, this is the company to go with. As the bride, I had absolutely NO STRESS during the entire planning process because my coordinator carried the load for me, while giving me the ability to pick and choose every detail from catering to floral arrangements to seating and music. Desiree is patient and kind. Her resources are abundant, and contractors love her!!! Our union was truly blessed and Dejanae Events had A LOT to do with how well things went on our special day! You will not only work with a coordinator for your wedding needs, you will make a friend! We love Desiree and her team!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

June 25, 2016 was my special day and I am absolutely pleased with Desiree and Dejanae Events! They were AWESOME! I will tell you this, if you want a beautiful wedding then hire the BEST! Desiree, was professional thru and thru she kept me on budget and she was timely with... Read More responding to my emails and phone calls, she recommended all of my vendors and they were great! I truly enjoyed working with Desiree and I am happy with the end results: A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

She is very professional. She was there whenever you needed her, but out of sight when you didn't. Made the wedding and reception run like clockwork!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Tori H

Desiree and her team were absolutely great! I don't know how I would've survived my day without her. Because of Desiree, our wedding was beautiful, fun, stress free and amazing. Thank you Dejanae Events!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Theressa L

I felt really overwhelmed trying to plan my wedding solo, then I met this miracle worker who instantly put me at ease, grasped my vision all the way down to the fine details and made my dreams come true. I was able to relax and enjoy my special day while Desiree worked out... Read More everything else behind the scenes, aligning all my vendors, the timing of the night, etc. I told her several times throughout the process that she was the absolute best decision I ever made!! I would highly recommend her. BONUS: I also used many of Desiree's recommended vendors as she has fantastic contacts and collaborative partners in the wedding industry - their teamwork was excellent and made the planning process that much easier!

Wedding Planner Review

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Dejanae Evevts made our wedding the event we had envisioned. Desiree, the owner and Lead Planner was a joy to work with. From the moment we first met with her we knew she was the Planner for us. Desiree is punctual, well organized, energetic, calm, detailed oriented and she... Read More listens. It is clear that she is dedicated to providing quality service to her clients. Desiree's team is equally as professional. Dejanae Events provides an array of services which are offered by way of several packages. There is something to fit every budget or need. The list of vendor resources that is provided is excellent and Desiree does not receive a commission from them. Desiree was extremely responsive to my calls and e-mails. She kept us on the right time line and helped to relieve what otherwise would have been a very stressful process. Desiree is a definite standout in the wedding planning community! Our wedding was beautiful from start to finish. We highly recommend Dejanae Events for your wedding.

September 26, 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kendele C

Dejanae Events is AMAZING and a fantastic value for the quality of services you receive! Over the last few weeks we have had a number of people comment about how awesome our wedding was, many saying it was the best they have ever been to, and Desiree is a huge reason for... Read More that! Desiree answered all questions we had along the way no matter how silly or small. She truly calmed all fears and managed the wedding planning process very smoothly. While we knew she had multiple clients and weddings each weekend, she made us feel as though we were her only ones. We also hired a DJ and Photography team that Dejanae Events recommended to us, and were 100% satisfied with their services! On Wedding Day, Desiree's team was friendly, attentive and professional. My husband and I never felt we had to worry about anything because a staff member was always only steps away from us. I really enjoyed working with Dejanae Events and highly recommend Desiree and team for all your wedding planning needs!

Desiree' Amazing you are! My Olivia Pope!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Kenyatta M

AMAZING! That’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Mrs. Desiree’ Dent- Moore of Deane Events! I would recommend Dejanae’ Events to any bride who is looking to have a stress free day with all their details carefully taken care of. Desiree’ did an amazing job... Read More focusing on every detail from start to finish. Just think, when I first met Desiree’, she gave me a run down of who she was and what she did. When I tell you she ran down everything so thoroughly, that I didn’t even have any questions because EVERYTHING was answered in her presentation! It was such a blessing to have Desiree’! I never once had to think about any logistics throughout the wedding process or answer one question about the wedding day plan. The only things throughout the wedding process I had to do was say yes, I want that, or no I don’t want that. Desiree did EVERYTHING!!! I was able to enjoy every second of my magical night and every second of my life being normal because Desiree’ had taken the time to ask me many questions about how I wanted everything to go and kept meticulous notes, so that on my wedding day all the big to the tiny decisions had been made and Desiree’ made sure they were carried out smoothly. She also did a great job recommending vendors since she has worked with so many great ones in the past. It can be very overwhelming choosing vendors and I can't say enough how helpful it was to be guided through it all. I am a pretty detailed person myself but there were many times Desiree’ would ask me how I wanted something to be or what time I wanted something to happen and I had never even thought about it. She leaves nothing up in the air, and catches everything and that is exactly what I was looking for in a wedding planner. But lets not stop there. Desiree’ is more than a “wedding planner’, she is my Olivia Pope. She was, my mentor, my motivator, my therapist, and my fixer of last minute mishaps. She was everything!!!! I cant tell you enough how much of a blessing it is to have someone who actually sits down to get to know you, your family, your friends and who really cares about you and always have your best interest at heart! Desiree’ is the best and so is her team. Thank you again Desiree’ for the most amazing wedding day experience!!

Thank you Desiree and Dejanae Events!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Linda H

I used Dejanae Events to plan my wedding which was July 25th 2015. From the beginning planning stage to the end of the event-planner Desiree was with me taking my calls, planning my meetings, and answering my questions totally taking care of business!!! The vendors from her... Read More referral list were great and the event was perfect...absolutely no glitches or issues. I hated for our working relationship to end! Thanks Desiree and Dejanae Events for making the Harris-Lambert wedding FABULOUS!!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Pamela

We reached out to Desiree after discontinuing our relationship with two wedding planners that did not meet our needs. When we found Desiree, we were 6 months out from our destination wedding and in desperate need of a good wedding planner. From the very first phone... Read More conversation we knew she was the one!!!! Desiree is brilliant, passionate, progressive and very personable! We felt like God blessed us with a wedding lifeline. At the beginning of our wedding planning process, my fiancé-now husband and I were very clear about our expectations. We're both extremely busy professionals and required someone who would provide a great deal of expertise and guidance throughout the planning process. We had no idea how to plan a wedding. Desiree took our ideas and created a dynamic proposal that encapsulated our vision with a detailed step by step plan. Desiree is God's gift to 'bride to be's' around the world. She created a beautiful memorable experience for the biggest day of our lives and the process was seamless from beginning to end. We absolutely love her work ethic and dedication to advancing her craft. It seems like Desiree eats, sleeps and breathes wedding planning! If you're looking for a 'real' full time wedding planner, that is dedicated to helping you create your big day...we recommend Desiree Dent of Dejanae Events!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Michelle H

My wedding day was a perfect day with Desiree Dent as my day-of coordinator. She did an excellent job executing my plans which resulted in a dream wedding beyond anything I had imagined. Three months after my wedding, guests are still saying how my wedding and reception looked... Read More like a Hollywood movie set and how the wedding was the most fun and the best they had ever been to. Desiree was detail-oriented, resourceful in the industry, genuine, honest, kind, insightful, and a perfectionist when it came to executing my wedding. Desiree flawlessly took care of all of the details so that me and my groom were really able to enjoy ourselves and can look back on our wedding day as the best day in our lives so far. Desiree was excellent at helping us personalize our wedding, so that it really reflected the love me and my groom share, while still making it grand, classy, and beautiful. The Dejanae Team exceeded my expectations by doing things like holding the train of my wedding dress in the air prior to me walking down the aisle so that it would not touch the ground and fixing my veil so that it looked absolutely perfect for my walk down the aisle. Desiree also exceeded my expectations by ensuring that my aisle runner, champagne flutes, cake cutters, guest book, welcome signs, and the top tier of my wedding cake were packed up for me at the end of the night. Although my groom and I hired Desiree to be our day-of coordinator for our May 2015 wedding, she was much more than that. Desiree began meeting with us in November 2014, and reviewed all of our contracts, reviewed our proposals, helped with the guest list, helped with the seating chart, facilitated the wedding rehearsal, made herself available to us whenever we needed her, and she was instrumental in helping us find vendors for chairs, floral, transportation, and printed materials. Planning a wedding involves certain unexpected stressors, and Desiree was great at alleviating those. For example, I never thought I would cry about something like chivari chairs, but when I found out a couple months before my wedding that the gold chivari chairs I had gotten a proposal for were no longer available, Desiree was able to obtain a quote for me within a day which was even better than the previous proposal. I highly recommend Desiree Dent if you want a high quality, dream wedding that is comparable to a platinum wedding but can fit any budget. Desiree's skills, knowledge, and experience make her the top wedding planner in the industry.