Farm to Table Events with a Love for Local!

Welcome to Della Terra Catering & Events! We are a full-service catering company that specializes in local farm to table events. We pride our ourselves in treating every client as an individual. Our custom menu process enables us to exceed our client's vision of their perfect day. Contact us today to see what we can do for you.

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Professional, Quality, Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Nicole H

I had thee most amazing experience using Della Terra Catering for my wedding. Kathy (my event coordinator) & Joanne (the head chef/owner) were there to answer every question I had before the wedding and they made the day of absolutely perfect. From the beginning Della Terra... Read More offered a very personalized experience, which was super important to me, as I wasn't looking for a cookie cutter wedding. They visited my parents home and prepared some menu items for us - their food is nothing short of amazing. The thought of the cost and complexity of coordinating a wedding on my own was terrifying, but I felt so at ease after meeting and speaking with Kathy. She took care of every detail from sourcing a valet company and coordinating with our event space owner and deliveries from other vendors to directing guests the day of. I cannot express how grateful I am to both of these women for making my wedding amazing. The food and execution were perfect and provided with such warmth. Anyone looking for a catering/event company needs to get in contact with Della Terra!

Della Terra Catering - Spectacular

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

WOW! WOW! WOW! Did I say "WOW"?!?!? We were somewhat hesitant to have our wedding (9/19/2015) catered by a catering company (vs. having it at a traditional wedding venue) but several friends had given rave reviews about Della Terra Catering. They offered a variety of menu... Read More options, all reasonably priced. Every single item exceeded our expectations! Quality, Quantity, Presentation...YUMMMMM!!!! Our guests repeatedly ask me for Della Terra's contact info as they too plan to use them for their own functions. Highly recommended...you will be ecstatic!

So happy I went with Della Terra!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Lauren J

I can't express how happy I am that I went with Della Terra Catering & Events for my wedding. From the first time I corresponded with them, I knew they would be great to work with. They are extremely professional. And then when I tried their food, I knew I had to have them cater... Read More our wedding. It's amazing to me the differences there are in caterers. We had other caterers give us quotes for the same amount, yet their food wasn't even close to Della Terra's in terms of quality, taste and presentation. Local, organic, sustainable food is important to my husband and I, but I didn't think I could afford it for my wedding. When I received their quote and then tried their food, I realized we could! I am a professional event planner so have certain expectations when it comes to dealing with vendors. Della Terra met and exceeded every single one of them. They were so professional, they were great at following up and keeping in communication with me, they were positive and friendly, they were very knowledgable about how to run an event, they worked with me on things I wanted and within my budget, and their food is DELICIOUS! It was one of the the things all of my guests repeated to me that day and since..."Who was your caterer? The food was amazing!". Everyone just went on and on about it! Their food is inventive and delicious. It's not easy to make such good food for a large number of people (I know because I plan a lot of events), but they know how to do it. You would think you were dining at a fancy restaurant, not eating banquet food produced for a large number of people! JoAnne is a top chef and Christine is an amazing event planner. And all the on-site staff was so professional and dressed great! My venue was a little difficult to deal with, but Della Terra stepped in and dealt with them so I didn't have to. I cannot say enough good things about Della Terra. They made my wedding exactly what I wanted it to be. I will DEFINITELY use them for my next personal or corporate event!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Mariela A

Della Terra is highly recommended! JoAnne and Kathiya really worked with us to help us plan our dream wedding. It was a dream. From the food, the presentation, the service, and the staff. They were all great and professional. The food was excellent. They worked with us to... Read More customize our own menu and to fit everything into our theme. Even agreed to served cake that we provided. They were also great at communicating back and forth with questions and issues. They are very attentive. Kathiya really went out of her way to make sure we (Bride and Groom) were always good. She was on top of us with making sure we were fed and on time with the whole event. She brought us food and drinks before everyone cause we were there a little early which was really cool. Can't say enough about the food. Everyone loved it. Our guests are still complimenting about the food. Really made our wedding fun for everyone and they really worked to make our wedding go smoothly from preparation to cleanup. Superb job all around. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Max H

At every step of the way, JoAnne and Kathiya went above and beyond to make sure we had a special day. And on the actual day itself, they delivered an amazing experience beyond even what we had dreamed. I'll get the basics out of the way. First, fundamentally and most... Read More importantly, the food is amazing. Actually good. High-end restaurant quality at a reasonable price. Guests haven't stopped talking about it and, perhaps the highest praise, they all tend to have different favorites from the diverse menu. Some loved the tacos station, some loved the Lamb and Salmon kebab, some loved the New Orleans style biscuits and gravy. Instead of a cake we had JoAnne and her team bake cookies similar to treasured family recipes--the old Italians loved the pignoli cookies and the old Greeks loved the baklava. What more can I say. Second, the presentation is beautiful. Their aesthetic is unmatched in the area and even their very fun instagram doesn't do it justice. Kathiya attends to every little detail of lay out and coordination and delivers such an overwhelming experience for the guests--lots of audible gasps when people saw the beautiful place settings, the tent, and the food presentation. Now just a couple of stories so I can really emphasize that, on top of everything described above, you're getting so much more if you work with Della Terra. These little anecdotes are the reason that my wife and I imagine having them cater pretty much every important event for the rest of our lives. First, we were incredibly excited about doing a tasting. Unfortunately, due to tremendously difficult extenuating circumstances for her, it seemed we may not be able to coordinate a time with JoAnne. Despite those complications, she managed to put together a tasting experience at her family's plant nursery for me and my wife and our mothers that was unforgettable. And despite everything she was so cheerful and made us feel like family. I can't thank her enough for doing that. Second, on the day of the wedding itself, the weather wavered quite a bit. At the last second, realizing it might not rain, we grabbed Kathiya and asked her to reset the entire ceremony in an outdoor location (the wedding was at an arboretum for a reason!). Completely calm and professional, she just said, "are we doing this?" And then executed. For various reasons, having it outside ended up being so wonderful and I can't thank her enough for that flexibility. Last story, in all of the celebrating, like a lot of couples I imagine, my wife and I didn't get to try the deserts. JoAnne didn't want us to miss out on it, so she baked a new batch fresh a couple weeks after the wedding and mailed them to us to surprise my wife. It brought the joy of the wedding back in one bite. This review has gone on long enough. We are so thankful to Della Terra and can't imagine trusting anyone else with such an important day.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Tammy S

Wow!!! Della Terra made our wedding day everything we envisioned. Everything came together like magic. It was picture perfect with so little work on our part. It's hard to know where to start, so in no particular order, the food was outstanding, delicious and beautiful.... Read More Vegetarians and hard core carnivores alike were satisfied and I have never seen so many people get seconds and even thirds at a wedding. I lost count of how many people asked me about the caterer, but it was quite a few. The presentation was just lovely as was the entire set up. All of the little touches were perfect and the flowers were exactly what we wanted. (People also asked about the florist). You even added teapots -- my request -- which was very special. You steered us well when we had no idea where we were going. When choosing the type of tent, I thought it didn't really matter, but I couldn't believe how many people commented on the beauty of the tent. Every vendor you recommended was high quality, professional and knowledgeable. They were all personable and competent, a combination that kept our stress at bay. Bobby Bates is a fantastic photographer and we loved working with him -- thank you for that as well. You also seamlessly coordinated everything with our musicians, so that we didn't worry about anything. Last, but not at all least, is your staff. They were phenomenal -- efficient, hard working, cheerful, friendly, and helpful. Even my 17 year old son commented on how nice they were and how amazing it was that they put on this whole event.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 karen c

Look No Further! JoAnne pulled off a terrific woodland theme baby shower with 4 weeks notice and it could not have been better! The service was professional and friendly and from the point of planning to execution! I am not easy to please and I was very impressed with the... Read More pricing, quality, amount and variety of the food and her staff went above and beyond from set up right through clean up. Our menu included passed hors d'oeuvres and stations and a full luncheon. I can't comment on dessert since we hired a separate pastry chef but I highly recommend this vendor without any reservation.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Rachael S

JoAnne and her team delivered above and beyond all of our expectations. Not only is their quality of food and drink exceptional, their presentation and assistance with coordinating are any couples dream. Our guests are still raving about the hanger steak, and will be for years!... Read More Their service at our event made our wedding one to remember-- and all of Kathiya's assistance kept me sane in the weeks leading up to the big day. Be it your wedding, shower, or any function DT will not disappoint.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Lisa R

This review is long overdue!! Della Terra Catering helped to plan, execute, and cater our wedding in September 2016. From start to finish, their service was exceptional. JoAnne was so incredible, she truly listened and cared about our vision, went above and beyond to accommodate... Read More our requests and dietary restrictions. She was so creative in and out of the kitchen and you can tell she truly loves what she's doing. The food was unbelievable, all of our guests complimented the family style layout and farm to table cuisine. The aesthetics were also beautiful with use of natural elements and the meticulous presentation of the food. Kathiya, our wedding planner, was also wonderful. The full service nature of this company was very convenient for our off-site venue. Kathiya coordinated all of our rentals, set up our venue, and really saved the day by making sure all of our flowers were placed appropriately. There were definitely some glitches in our day that she took on and made unnoticeable to us and our guests. She truly made our day stress free. The rest of the support staff were all very polite and helpful. We have nothing but good things to say about Della Terra and will hope to work with them again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Denise S

Della terra catering did a fantastic job with my wedding. We were pleasantly surprised by 2 entrees when we thought we would only get one. We also were very impressed with the serving staff that came to the event. They went above and beyond and made coffee that we had bought for... Read More the guests, and helped with cleanup. Excellent service all around, and the food was amazing.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Frank C

When it comes time for a special event and great food we depend on Della Terra Catering. Whether it's holiday parties, family dinners, fundraising events or a wedding, like my own, we know we will get the best time after time from Della Terra. Jo Anne is the ultimate... Read More professional, creative, imaginative, pleasant to work with. She uses best quality food and has a top notch staff to implement all your needs. Our wedding was very complicated with different rooms, sessions and performances and Della Terra was able to coordinate it all and made sure everything worked out as planned. Everyone was awed by the food and enjoyable 6 hour event. Bring her your ideas and vision and she will make sure it happens as you dreamed!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Frank C

Reviewed on 10/18/2016

I recently attended a shower catered by Della Terra. The food was amazing. You could taste the quality of the ingredients. The menu was very innovative, not your standard fare. The staff was friendly and professional. I was also impressed with the number of guests who asked... Read More for her card so they could hire Della Terra. I know they will be catering my next get together!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jessica L

We just recently worked with Della Terra Catering for our client Ollies launch event; they provide human grade dog food. As soon as I sent them the story behind our clients company and the importance of rich and natural food for dogs and our clients vision for the event; they... Read More provide a stellar option to execute for our guests which mirrored our client's vision. They not only understood our client's brand but also made sure that every step of the way we had full transparency. They provided great communication and attention to detail in a timely manner. The day of the event our client was blown away not only with the food and staff but the attention to detail when it came to decor and details to execute the food. We will definitely work with them again and would recommend them to our colleagues and friends!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Taylor O

Della Terra was - simply put: amazing. They were one of the best aspects/vendors of our entire wedding. From start to finish, they were extremely professionaly and really enjoyable to work with and be around. I will literally miss conversing with both JoAnne and Kathiya. They... Read More operated with a venue that had no kitchen - and yet the food was superb/restaurant quality (and I'm picky). Kathiya is amazing at coordinating the entire event and she especially shines the day of. All of the Della Terra staff is phenomenal. I highly highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Mala B

Everything was more than perfect, the food, display and staff. Everyone of my guests is still absolutely raving about the 80 person engagement party Della Terra Catering did in our home last weekend. Beyond perfect. And trust me, I had a lot of special requests from my son and... Read More his fiancee to meet. Great tasting but healthy food was key and Della Terra delivered. The guest of honor Olympian Alexi Pappas called the healthy, delicious food "awesome". All of my friends agreed. My son, filmmaker Jeremy Teicher noted especially how beautifully everything was served. Plus, we all noted how the servers were genuinely nice, immediately tending to anything our guests requested in a lovely, friendly way. Before the event, the staff was easy to plan and coordinate with and then during the event- when we needed to change our time schedule to accommodate some guests, the staff responded beautifully. The staff coordination was superb, so along with the wonderfully fresh tasting farm-to-table food, this was beyond wonderful.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Christine G

A perfectly and beautifully executed event. I cannot say enough about the food, the staff, the professionalism. I keep trying to think up events so that I can use Della Terra over and over again! You will not be disappointed. Joanne and her staff are so lovely, you'll think... Read More they are part of your family!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Johna H

Absolutely perfect! When everything else was going wrong it seemed that choosing Della Terra catering was the only thing then went right. They were friendly and reliable throughout the entire process, from correspondence before the big day and throughout the wedding day. The... Read More food was incredible and a highlight for all our guests. I didn't even think about the presentation and when I walked in to check on how things were going during set-up, I was blown away, it was more beautiful than I could have imagined. We almost had a catastrophe when some South Africa meat that we order from a separate company (as a surprise for the groom) didn't show up, and the chefs with Della Terra catering offered a solution to help fix the problem right away. I was so blown away by their offer and it helped me to stay relaxed and calm. I would absolutely recommend Della Terra for anyone who is looking for a caterer.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 A.J. B

I can't begin to express the depth of my appreciation to Kathiya and JoAnne for their diligence and attentiveness to our needs for our wedding. We held a small reception for 50 guests, and were even rejected from some caterers for being too small of an event. But Della Terra... Read More responded almost immediately to our email asking for information, and from that moment on, they sold us on their services, which were phenomenal. Not only do they make incredibly tasty and unique food, they also provide excellent planning and coordination for the wedding. Since our wedding was so small, Kathiya was really the only person controlling the evening, and she truly knows what she is doing. The entire staff was exceedingly friendly and courteous, and carried themselves in a professional manner throughout the evening. Finally, I can't even begin to describe how wonderful all of the food was, and how diverse our options were in the first place. For the appetizers, the pork french toast really stands out as one of the greatest things I've ever tasted. But the pistachio chicken main dish was also delicious, as were the grilled prawns. I doubt there is anything on their menu that they don't cook perfectly, and that is not one of the best things you'll ever taste. Della Terra catering completely blew past our expectations, and I would recommend their services to anyone. And by the way, I used to work in the wedding industry as a DJ, and I have worked with many caterers in my time. I know good food, and I know professionals. So I know what I'm talking about when I recommend Della Terra. Thank you once again to Kathiya and JoAnne!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

JoAnne of Della Terra Catering is simply wonderful. She is kind, and totally understanding of your needs and requests. She is upfront about pricing, which is really helpful too! Her station ideas are so cute and unique!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

When we were looking for a caterer/wedding organizer online, we found Della Terra's website and its beautiful photos of buffet setup. We contacted JoAnne and it has just been a delight thereafter. JoAnne's food is not only amazingly tasty but everything is well presented and... Read More made out of fresh and local products. A real plus ! Joanne works with Kathyia who takes care of the setup, the decor and all rentals. Working with this remarkable duo is a no-brainer as they accompany you all the way, providing you with advice and support, while ensuring your budget is respected. We could not have had a better reception and all our guests were just blown away by the food and the decor, orchestrated very professionally by Della Terra's team ! Thank you JoAnne and Kathya for making OUR day so amazing !

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Laura P

Della Terra was our first choice for a caterer for our NYC wedding. The menus that JoAnne set up looked amazing and she is a responsive, thoughtful, and considerate professional. Unfortunately, we ultimately ended up going with a venue that had a fixed caterer list and couldn't... Read More book Della Terra, but we'd recommend Della Terra as the first and last stop for any other couples looking to get married in the NYC area.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Christine J

The day was such a success we couldn't believe it. Our guests LOVED the whole event, from food to decorations, to service. Everything was perfect. JoAnne and Kathiya work SO well together and are very professional, yet personal and FUN to work with! It was thanks to you to that... Read More we were able to thoroughly enjoy every aspect of our awesome wedding. Kathiya, you're prowess as an event coordinator is unquestionable. Making decisions on the fly, keeping the event running smoothly, organizing the staff, and the stunning way you made our vision come to life was LITERALLY perfect! Could not have asked for anything better. JoAnne, your bubbly nature and passion for the food is wonderfully apparent in your cuisine. ALL NIGHT our guests were raving about the food. From appetizers to the main course, everyone extremely enjoyed every morsel. We are so glad we found you two, and we will definitely come straight back for any events we have in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

NYC Wedding Wonder

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Nikki R

Della Terra Catering and Events were one of the reasons why our wedding in April was a beautiful, memorable, and delicious success. For almost a year, I became more familiar with JoAnne and her professionalism as she introduced me to the many options and flexibility that... Read More Della Terra Catering offered. When it came time to have a tasting at my house, I was shown just how well she and her team executed, with simple but elegant presentation and healthy, natural food that was a pleasure to eat. The tasting was also the time that I first met Kathiya, the event coordinator, who was a God send throughout the wedding prep process, always accessible with good ideas, and really a wonderful person to work with before, during, and after the wedding. Della Terra are exceptional caterers and more! It was such a pleasure working with JoAnne and Kathiya for our wedding, as I know it couldn't have been everything we wanted it to be with any other catering company. We received many compliments on the food and setup of the event, which means a lot from our family and friends. Della Terra offers amazing food, professionalism, and excellent execution, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Cant thank Della Terra enough for an amazing wedding with fantastic food and truly great service. We were really not looking forward to planning a wedding at all and threw around the idea of a destination wedding so many times. But after succumbing to our family's request, we... Read More decided to go big. What we thought was going to a stressful process- Della Terra made so simple. They took care of every detail and even provided full event coordination(thank you Kathiya!) We had no idea what we were doing but Kathiya and JoAnne provided so many suggestions. Their confidence from start to finish made us feel comfortable with every decision we made. We had a few menu ideas that we picked up from other wedding we had been too- like a cookie table and a to go snack(hot pretzels-yummy!) They not only came through but the presentations beat the ideas we had in mind. I would recommend Della Terra Catering to anyone and have done so so many time already!

JoAnne Morton

JoAnne Morton began Della Terra in 2006 as an homage to her loving husband's local farming heritage. As the owners of a 100 year old 5-acre organic farm, the Morton family has access to some of the best local produce around. Custom local-inspired menus paired with true vintage rustic designs, enable us to literally bring the farm to every event we cater. JoAnne is a graduate of NYC's French Culinary Institute and is an alum of such fine city cooking establishments as Babbo, Kittichai and Trump Grill. Her work has been featured in New York Social Diary, Eyewitness News & The Record.