Celebrity Wedding Photographer

35 Essex St, New York, NY

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 2/18/2015

We used Dennis Kwan for our destination Iceland wedding. It was freezing cold, windy, snowing, and crazy! Dennis went above and beyond to capture all our special moments, from a walking tour in Reykjavik (tons of cool architectural photo ops), the natural wonders on the Golden... Read More Circle tour, the gorgeous waters in the Blue Lagoon, and of course, the ceremony and reception. We have so many unique and treasured photos from the trip. The most special thing about Dennis is that he's able to infuse a very stressful situation - imagine your friends and families meeting for the first time, in an unfamiliar country, for a week! - with humor and positive energy. He breaks the ice for all your family and friends, connects with everyone, and is able to get these beautiful moments (like when I saw my Dad as he arrived) that you will cherish for a lifetime. When I was freaking out, he calmed me down and was so relaxed about everything, it made everyone else relax. He is a consummate professional, and you can tell that he is passionate about what he does. It's so wonderful to have someone at your wedding, that just loves weddings (because you know there are some people there who are just bored out of their minds). With Dennis shooting your wedding, you don't have to worry about how you'll look or if something makes you awkward. Since we were in Iceland, I wore these huge hulking Sorel boots under my dress, and I was worried I'd look all weird and not feminine. But the angles that Dennis got, and the way he directed us, made everything look like a fairytale. I actually got that compliment several times on my photos - it looks like a fairytale! And fairytales don't usually include Sorel boots! The caliber of Dennis's photos are just beyond reproach. It's obvious that his talents are in high demand, from the fact that he's booked practically every weekend, even in the off season! I actually just got lucky he could attend my wedding, since someone else cancelled. Definitely book far in advance, if you are looking to secure him for your wedding.

perfect photographer!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2011 Tara K

Dennis Kwan was the most perfect wedding photographer I could have asked for! He was there from the moment my girls and i started getting ready till the end of the night when we were done dancing! The retouching work he does is also flawless. One of my favorite things is also... Read More the website he used after for online viewing and purchasing, it's super user-friendly and cheap for family and friends to find and buy the pics they love the most. If you live on new York orLA this is the guy to use!!!!

TO Dennis Kwan Weddings