your perfect wedding photos are only a click away!

I love photographing people, and there is nothing more fun than photographing people in love. I work with my fiancé Siewli to take stylish candids and create beautiful portraits of your day. We get to know you, encourage you to be playful and spontaneous, and make the photography experience one of the best parts of your wedding day. Our packages are reasonably priced and customizable. If you like my work please reach out with your wedding details!

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

236 Lincoln Rd, Brooklyn, NY New York City (413) 320-1001

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Jessica K

I feel so fortunate that Derek photographed my wedding. Not only did he take wonderful pictures, but when I reached out to him last week to see if he still had the negatives over a decade later, to my amazement he still did and very generously shipped them to me that day! Many... Read More thanks to a consummate professional and artist.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Kara D

We met Derek at a friend's wedding he was shooting. Our wedding was on Block Island in Rhode Island and Derek captured so many great moments of our wedding and the island. A lot of the shots look they belong in a magazine. He went above and beyond to get capture every special... Read More moment of our wedding day.

2017-09-24T13:30:26 Response from the vendor

Kara we had so much fun on your wedding day, and also the engagement session! Happy to give you magazine-worthy results! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Andrea C

Derek took the most informal and fun pictures of my wedding, and he transformed a small 30 people ceremony in a boat into an exciting gathering of close friends. He pulled us at a gorgeous moment to register my husband and I as the passed by the Statue of Liberty, and the images... Read More speak for themselves. He is polite, low maintenance, and has a keen eye for a great shot.

2017-07-30T10:14:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review. I had so much fun on the boat wedding, I won't ever forget it! The Statue of Liberty was a fun pic, and the live band was really great. Hope you have many many years of happiness together!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Jaime R

Derek captured our wedding moments beautifully. The blend of posed shots and candid moments made for an album that truly reflected the love and beauty of the day. He is a true artist and a kind, genuine person. I could not imagine hiring anyone else.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Sarah N

Derek has a wonderful eye for beautiful moments and amazed me in how he was able to capture them with the stealth of a ninja. Besides his skill with candids, he was very creative in setting up shots that were unique. I happen to be allergic to cliché, and Derek had no trouble... Read More creating an artful, beautiful album of our wedding that we treasure! We couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Marisa B

From the moment our wedding began we knew that we would have wonderful photographs to enjoy and share with family and friends. Derek was creative in his candid pictures and was never intrusive in anyone's space. A complete gentleman and made everyone feel relaxed when taking... Read More group photos. He caught some shots that we would have never seen. A complete positive experience!

2017-06-27T08:31:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks Marisa! Being an unobtrusive gentleman is one of the qualities I am very aware of at every wedding, no one wants a photographer interrupting their enjoyment of an event. The photos I capture while no one is aware I am there are always the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/26/2017

Derek is laid back, easy to work with and does beautiful work. We are so amazed with our pictures and how they captured the day - so were all our guests. Everyone at our party was impressed with the way he moved through the day. He captured the most important moments to us and... Read More listened to what was important to us. We highly recommend Derek, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Caroline N

We're very happy that we chose Derek as our wedding photographer. His low-key, unobtrusive style was perfect for our casual wedding. As the years have passed from my wedding, what I've come to treasure from my photos are the shots of my family and friends, some of whom are... Read More sadly no longer with us. While we love the posed shots of course, his candid shots really demonstrated Derek's photographic chops. To be honest, many reception shots I've seen from other wedding photographers are often afterthoughts, or generic blurry dance floor photos. His pics from our reception really captured the spirit of the evening, from the emotions on everyone's faces to the festivities on the dance floor. He also took our request to get shots of every single guest to the next level, with some gorgeous candid shots that have been gracing their profile pics for the last 3 years. Derek was super easy to work with: everything on time and expertly communicated. Highly recommended!

2017-06-27T08:26:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review Caroline! Taking candids throughout the day is something I love doing, and I know how important these shots become over time. Your family and friends were all so fun to work with it made my job easy!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 libby l

Derek’s photos are imaginative and magical. He was able to catch beautiful moments that we did not see ourselves. And he does this with out making his own presence obvious - a master of photograohic ninjaery!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Morgan B

Derek is a fabulous photographer and a wonderful person! Couldn't be happier with the results. His easy-going personality fit in seamlessly with the festivities. His informal pics really captured the feeling of the day and his formal pics are beautiful. He even made use of his... Read More yoga skills to position himself with the perfect angle for our all-over group photo. Loved the whole thing! Thanks again, Derek!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Elli M

We loved having Derek as our wedding photographer. He was so professional and I liked that we didn't spend a lot of time posing for photos but we got so many amazing pictures of our celebration. He worked with our budget to provide us with amazing photos that we will cherish... Read More forever. We are so happy with his work and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. We knew we wanted him to photograph our wedding the moment we met him.

Review for Derek Goodwin Photography

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Shannon K

Derek takes amazing pictures. His style is primarily photojournalistic, though he will do some posed shots. We loved the photos and the albums and prints came out beautifully. He worked with us on some discounts, which was great!;Though his photos are amazing, he is not great... Read More with the business end of things. Everything that we ordered took far longer than expected. He arrived at the wedding a little later than expected. We lived quite a ways from him and got married even further away, which may have had some impact on these things.

2017-07-30T10:20:05 Response from the vendor

Hi! It has been a long time since your wedding, but I do remember getting a little lost trying to find it! Back in the days before every cell phone had a GPS and Mapquest was king... I pride myself for being on time and... Read Less Read More

Derek Goodwin

I am a graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology's Fine Art Photography Program. After over 10 years in Western Massachusetts photographing weddings I am growing my photography business in the Big Apple. I bring my experience practicing and photographing yoga into the equation; steadiness of breath and mind, meditative absorption in the process, and an eye for alignment.