DESIGN Wedding and Event Studio

Serving the Kansas City Metro and Beyond, Kansas City, Missouri

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

Kansas City, MO Serving the Kansas City Metro and Beyond, Kansas City, Missouri (816) 301-6060

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Maggie M

Don was so amazing to work with. I told him my vision and brought him pictures of what I wanted. He did everything I wanted and more. He went above and beyond my expectations and I still have people that talk about our centerpieces from our wedding. They were breath taking.... Read More Thank you Don for helping make our day so perfect.

Great Service and Value

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Amy E

Don at DESIGN was the preferred florist for my venue and for good reason. He was familiar with the venue and was able to give advice on what would look good there. He was easy to work with and very flexible when I needed to make adjustments on what I needed. He did great work... Read More and stayed within my budget!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Trisha R

Don was so great to work with! Always there when I had questions, and able to adjust when I needed it. The flowers were so rich and absolutely beautiful. They over-delivered on quality, and were able to keep the price lower than the other quotes I had gotten. Everyone loved... Read More them, and I couldn't be happier!

Our Romantic Gatsby Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Hailey E

Once my fiance & I had decided on a theme & colors for our wedding, the big question was how we would bring it all to life? After meeting with Don & Michael, I felt confident that they really understood what my vision was for our event. I left the rest completely in their... Read More hands. The day of the wedding, there is already so many crazy things going on, it was Amazing to have our flowers delivered in the hotel room & they were perfect!!! My girls were in love with our bouquets, as well as my photographer. She said they were stunning. Even better, walking into our reception hall, the table arrangements really made a statement. They completed our look. I had family commenting on them for weeks afterward. I would recommend these guys for any event, big or small. They have a passion for what they do & an understanding of a brides vision. We were very happy with our results!

DESIGN was awesome!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Bryanna P

Don catered my wedding this last weekend and the flowers were absolutely beautiful. He took my vision of an elegant, romantic wedding and made it into a reality. He is very affordable, accommodating, professional and fun! No other vendor could accommodate all my desires within... Read More my budget. He recycles floral arrangements from the ceremony to use at the reception so you don't over purchase, and even helped arrange my wedding arch with tulle and ribbon on the morning of. He happily met with me several times to discuss my ideas, modifications, and finalizations. He went above and beyond what I was expecting and helped make my day the best day of my life. I would recommend him to everyone!

Extremely happy!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Jamie S

After lots of emails and searching for the perfect florist (perfect being good and reasonably priced), I found Don. I met with him and discussed what I was looking for and what flowers I would like. I set a price range and then just gave him the reigns to make it happen.... Read More Here are the things that he did for me that I feel like make him exceptional: 1) He was very flexible with meetings and answered all of my texts and emails within MINUTES!--not something that any of my other vendors did for me. 2)I know that he was working on several other weddings at the same time but he always made me feel like I was the most important client he had. 3) The day of my wedding he came early and brought extra flowers, which my flower girls and I had put in our hair-- a touch I had overlooked but one that he had accounted for :) 4) All of the arrangements were perfect, absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted--which is pretty spectacular because I am self-admittedly very picky. A day later and a long car ride home, and my flowers look like they were just handed to me! 5)I really feel like I got more than my monies worth from Don. I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed working with Don, but the long and the short of it is this: if you are looking for a professional, who does an amazing job, loves what he does, and doesn't charge and arm and a leg for it :) you are looking for Don.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Caitlin J

Had a great time working with Don! He did a great job envisioning what I wanted and put cost into that vision. Was able to work with me and did a wonderful job setting the reception area with no supervision. Highly recommend working with this company!!

Design Wedding and Event Studio - Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 anne h

My daughter was married on May 31, 2014 and Don Schmoll did the flowers for the wedding party and the reception. The flower arrangements were absolutely beautiful. As I am not very creative, Don stepped in and produced some of the most creative table centerpieces I have ever... Read More seen. The colors were perfect and the guests still comment on how beautiful the flowers were. Thank you so much, Don, the wedding would not have been as beautiful without you! The prices were very reasonable also. Thank you Anne Heaton

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

I am the mother of the groom and used Don for the flowers for our rehearsal dinner. I couldn't have been happier. Don did a fabulous job! The table centerpieces were more beautiful than I could have imagined. Everything was done to perfection! It was just what I hoped it would... Read More be. Don was a pleasure to work with and his prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend him.

great

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Savannah N

I really loved my flowers and he was more than accommodating as well as reasonably priced. I would suggest using this vendor 100% :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Shae H

My flowers were beautiful. Thank you!

Beautiful flowers, easy to work with.

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Lauren S

Don was so much fun to work with. He has a great personality and it makes you just adore him when you talk to him. Our flowers and centerpieces were gorgeous and he personally came to set up everything for us at the venue. He also was easy to reach and would answer any text... Read More message question I had, no matter how random and stupid it might have been at the time, haha.

Wedding Flowers Review

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Christina I

We were very satisfied with Don's service. He was attentive to our requests and had a lot of good ideas for how we could get what we wanted with our small budget. Our flowers were beautiful, and arrived right on time. I appreciated his time and attention to all of our requests... Read More throughout our wedding planning. Thank you Don!

The best cenerpieces I ever saw!

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Angie L

OMG Don and his team are great! He made the planning process simple and exceeded my expectations. He created these tall centerpieces that blew me and my guest away. I would use him again for any other function I have. He created my bridal party bouquets that was amazing!

Don is great!

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Tasia R

I came to Don with no idea of what I wanted. I gave him my color scheme and showed him picture of things I thought were pretty from other weddings. My budget was pretty low and he immediately brain-stormed great ways to use the budget the most effectively. The result was... Read More beautiful! We ended up having center pieces of different heights and made of white hydrangeas that were tinted yellow. The only thing I would have preferred is if he and I had communicated more throughout the planning process, since things do change sometimes! Overall, it was a great experience and I would highly recommend him to other brides.

Fantastic Flowers

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Erin M

Don did an awesome job on our flowers! The bouquets turned out fantastic with the other flowers matching them perfectly. Don was great to work with and always promptly responded to my emails.

Disgruntled Groom - Don was a no show at our wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Nathan W

We met with Don after deciding to go with Design Wedding and Event Studio due to their low cost pricing. We established what we wanted for our wedding 6 months in advance. My wife was in contact with Don in the weeks leading up to our wedding. We figured we had nothing to... Read More worry about when it came to flowers for the day. On the day of the wedding Don was nowhere to be found. 30 minutes before walking down the aisle my wife calls Don, he lies and says he is on his way. He calls back and admits to lying and said he mixed up our date and does not have any flowers for us and will not be there. We paid over $900 for flowers to make our wedding beautiful, instead my beautiful bride didn't even have a bouquet to walk down the aisle with. It is inexcusable to make a mistake when we had been planning this day with Don for over 6 months. We did receive our money back about a month later after multiple calls and texts in which he claimed to have sent money on two different occasions yet we still had no check in our hands. I have to write this to let others know that the stellar reviews from 2012 are not what you should expect in 2013 and on. Spend the extra money and go with a reputable company so you can rest assured you will get what you paid for on your special day. STAY AWAY - Read the other bad reviews!

Classic beauty

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Dawn H

I got married at the Hilton President in downtown Kansas City. The ballroom was grand and beautiful, and I wanted the floral arrangements to accentuate the classic style. I had previously met with another florist and was quoted an outrageous price. That's when I met Don at... Read More DESIGN Wedding and Event Studio. He understood my vision immediately and the price was much more reasonable. In fact, I would have paid double anywhere else! On the day of my wedding, everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about the flowers because Don and his team are professionals. They arrived early and set up the altar, then stayed for the ceremony to help flip the room and set up for the reception. When I returned to the ballroom for the party, I was blown away. The flower arrangements and decor were absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful ivory flowers were displayed with subtle lighting in the vases. Words can't describe the beauty. To this day, I still get compliments on the flowers. I am so grateful to this team, they made my wedding unforgettable!

Amazing Designs

Reviewed on 10/08/2013

Flowers at my wedding & reception were amazing. Design's creativity made my bouquet and centerpieces very unique. They worked well within my budget. I was one happy bride

Beautiful Flowers=Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Katherine M

My husband and I just loved the flowers for our wedding. I don't know too much about flowers which made choosing a florist very stressful. However, when I met Don at a bridal fair that all changed! He was so upbeat and I could tell he knew exactly what I wanted before I did!... Read More I just explained the kind of wedding I wanted...princess with a little sparkle. I also provided him with my colors and he started giving me fabulous ideas! After meeting plenty of florists at the fair that were very opinionated and pushy, I set up a meeting with Don. Our meeting was stress free. Don was very organized and had visuals so I could see the type of flower and colors he was invisioning. Leaving the meeting, I had confidence that my flowers would be beautiful. Up to the day of my wedding, Don kept in touch which made me feel like he truly cared about my BIG day. On the day of my wedding, he delivered the flowers on time and I really appreciated him sitting down with me in the bridal suite making sure everything was going smoothly. He definitely didn't have to do that as I'm sure he had another wedding to deliver to. My flowers were gorgous and the thing I treasure the most was Don and his attention to my special day. There is a lot to stress about when planning a wedding so call Design Wedding and talk with Don!! Thank you Design Wedding and Event Studio for beng a part of our special day!!

Flowers and the florist

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Marcella H

Our flowers were absolutely breathtaking! We gave Don creative freedom and he delivered 100%. The flowers were fresh and held together perfectly. I would absolutely recommend him to friends and family!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 8/19/2013

Don & his team at Design Wedding & Event Studio are AMAZING!! When we first met with him we put all our trust into him and we are so thankful we did because we had no idea what we wanted!! He showed us different ideas and provided us with everything to make us very confident in... Read More his decisions! Our flowers were beautiful and he did a wonderful job in our venue, everything looked gorgeous! There were flowers everywhere and they smelt amazing! We couldn't be more happy with how everything went! Thank you so much Don, we appreciate everything you did to help make our wedding so special!!

Breath taking

Reviewed on 8/16/2013

They did my daughter's wedding in June, the ceremony was outside on the first tee of a golf course with the reception following inside the Country Club. The tables at the reception were stunning. The bouquets of flowers for my daughter and the wedding party were perfect. The... Read More colors she chose were black and a teal color so we went simple whites with a touch of pinks in some of the flowers, they were Gorgeous !!! I was so happy with all the work they did, and their eye for detail. They were a pleasure to work with.

Best Flowers Ever

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Heather G

I worked with Design Wedding & Event Studio on my May 25 wedding. Don provided all of our wedding flowers - from my bouquet, to the bridesmaids, to corsages, and all of the centerpieces. The flowers were stunning - we got so many compliments on the centerpieces which helped... Read More create the whole effect of our reception. Don was a pleasure to work with; I moved to TX in the middle of my wedding planning process and he worked with me whenever I had a few extra minutes. He helped us decide on all the flowers based on our colors and I was more than satisfied. The pricing was very reasonable as well - I don't think I could have found another florist as qualified and experienced as Don on the budget I had. Overall, one of the best vendors we worked with and he totally came through for us on our special day. I would recommend his work to anyone!

My flowers were beautiful

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Mikhael M

Don did an amazing job at having everything ready and delivered to the place and made everything look amazing...and the best part, super affordable!!