D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

2743 S Market St, Gilbert, AZ (480) 899-0572

I'd give zero stars if I could

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Danielle D

Sat down and met with the owner...everything seemed great. The cake was amazing, she was very nice, and her work looked beautiful. So we paid a deposit and left it at that. Months later and nothing. Would not answer phone calls, email, nothing. Then read that another bride... Read More never received her cake on her wedding day. After that I started looking for another baker and luckily found an amazing one (Piece of Cake in Gilbert). Never heard from Designer Cakes again and never refunded our deposit. CRIMINALS!!

April is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Cia N

April made my dream cake! Not only did it look great, but it tasted so good! We had several people ask during our reception where we got the cake, and we told them Designer Cakes by April! I was impressed with the cake, but by the fact we got to meet and interact with April at... Read More the tasting. I would refer her to anyone, and will be using her again for any special event!

LOVE!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Mo K

Loved our cake! So yummy and beautiful!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 laura s

Her cakes are seriously amazing!! Not only are they pretty on the outside, they taste great too! All of my guests raved about how good the cake was. I even had a grooms cake made in the shape of my husbands college football helmet, and all of his boys absolutely loved it!

My cake was PERFECT and DELICIOUS!!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2011 Jennifer K

Absolutely AMAZING cake! April is so awesome…she sat down and discussed the whole design of the cake while we taste tested any flavors we chose. It was a tough choice, but we ultimately settled on the chocolate and coconut. She was so open to our design (we wanted a very... Read More custom white frosted cake with specific designs and motifs and an airplane cake topper that my friend made) and she did a beautiful job and even worked with my friend to make sure the cake topper would be perfect. We did our monogram on the side of one of the layers in fondant and it turned out beautiful! You can feel comfortable giving April creative control because she is incredibly talented! We didn’t have one piece of cake left at the end…we even cut into the top layer and ate it too! We had cake for 150 and ended up with only 120 guests and it was still gone! Some comments from my guests were “The cake was to DIE for!!!” and “Best wedding cake I’ve EVER tasted!” Not to mention that the prices are extremely reasonable! Definitely choose April’s for your wedding or big event, you will not be disappointed!!!

My cake was BEAUTIFUL and DELISH!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Rachel S

Designer Cakes by April did such a fabulous job desiging our cake for the big day. I knew exactly what I wanted when I first met with April to discuss my dream cake. I brought April a picture from a magazine and the actual cake itself on the big day looked even better then the... Read More magazine. Not only did the cake look AMAZING, but it also tasted so good. I walked into the cake shop thinking I was going to get a plain white cake and I ended up leaving with three different flavors; lemon, peanut butter & chocolate and then pumpkin and chocolate chips! YUMMY!! I would refer Designer Cakes by April to everyone!!

amazing!

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 NARISSA M

April did my bridal shower cake, and it was truley a work of art. she is incrediable. she does free cake tastings as well! MUST TRY THE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE!

BEST CAKE EVER!!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 stephanie s

I can't tell you enough how much I loved my cake!! It was sophisticated and fun and tasted amazing! I can't count how many compliments we got on the cake! I loved them so much that I had them make my husband's 30th bday cake and they'll be making a bridal shower cake for my... Read More friend's shower and I know that I will use them for all major events from now on!

BEAUTIFUL and YUMMY SWEETNESS

Reviewed on 6/14/2011 Kami C

Well I knew what I wanted pretty early on. I found a cake design on theknot.com however that cake designer was in another state soooo... I took the photo to April. I was thrilled she fell in love with the design too and was anxious to give it a try. The cake came out beautiful... Read More and was a huge hit with the both the wedding and reception events (two separate events) The wedding was 20 guest we had individual cakes for each guest and then for the reception party the following day the traditional three tiered cake. Our cake was unique and contemporary; if you visit theknot and search under the theme color of green you will find the design. It is a bunch of different shaped circular flower like designs with pearls inside. The cake was VERY sweet, but oh so yummy, we were bummed when we finished the last slice three weeks after the wedding (motivation to go get more). We ordered pink velvet, chocolate chip mint, and german chocolate for the three layers. Pink Velvet for the individual cakes.

So Delicious!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2011 Lindsay H

My husband does not eat cake.. but my family wanted cake... so we decided on cupcakes! They were AMAZING! We also had mini cheesecakes and those were just as delicious! The display was perfect and I could not have been happier!

Perfect with the bow on top!

Reviewed on 3/28/2011 Andra G

April and her amazing staff did such a wonderful job on our Red Velvet Damask wedding cake and the Yellow cake/Chocolate frosting babycakes handed out as favors. She went above a beyond and her shop in Gilbert should be a must stop for your bakery needs!

Delicious and gorgeous!

Reviewed on 2/04/2011 Jenna B

I sent April a low resolution picture of our invitations, and she created a cake that tied in with the stitching on our invitations perfectly and was absolutely scrumptious! I am so thrilled with the uniqueness of my wedding cake and her ability to run with my idea, without me... Read More having to find a cake design for her to replicate. She has so many types of cakes and flavors of icing to choose from, and you can do different cakes for different layers.

BEST cake EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2010 Melody B

We met April at a bridal show a year & a half before our wedding...she was just starting out and we fell in LOVE with her designs. I kept her card in my wedding file for that long & when we had the money set aside we gave her a call. She was Wonderful! Not only did she... Read More listen to the VERY UNTRADITIONAL cake ideas we had but she dealt very well with us having to bring our 2 children in with us. I'm a strangely unique character and I've always wanted a "corpse bride" cake....she gave us just that in our wedding colors of Red and black with a touch of silver! And when my now husband brought the cake in to our venue I was estatic over our cake. It went above and beyond what I envisioned in my head. I LOVED it! And not only did it look beautiful, it tasted AMAZING! Who else are you going to find who can make you a pumpkin chocolate chip cake? Yup, thats right! It was to die for. And we got a lemon rasberry cake also for those who dont like chocolate and that one was YUMMY! I'm not sure she can make a bad cake. Go to April for your cake...I mean it! Not only will she listen to every detail you want, she will make it more beautiful than you could imagine (no matter how wierd you want it) and the taste will blow you and your guests away. I cannot say enough wonderful words about her or her cakes. Great person, Great cakes...what more could you ask for? And even though our wedding was out of the city...she still drove it as far into Phoenix as she could to where my husband met up with her to pick it up. She's amazing at working with you. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Oh....and we did sheet cakes (just the top tier of our wedding cake was real cake, but you can't tell whatsoever) and she makes those sheet cakes like a wedding cake so its several layers thick...not a soul knew it was sheet cake since we sliced it up (and she scores it so you know where to cut!) ahead of time and served it up! So no matter if you want a mock cake, a real cake tiered wedding cake, sheet cakes, cupcakes, ect.....she is the lady to go see!!! If I could give her more than 5 stars I would.

Vintage wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/15/2010 Cassandra C

We met with our designer at our venue because that was the only way it could be done that day. She brought a few different flavors of cakes and icing but I would have enjoyed trying more flavors. She was very helpful and passionate about her work.