Find your unique, exquisite bridal gown!

Designer Loft is a full-service salon. Choose gowns from designers such as Rosa Clara, Aire Barcelona, Pronovias, Pronovias Atelier, Eddy K, Matthew Christopher, Cristiano Lucci, Gemy Malouff, and Robert Bullock. Offering gowns, jackets, shrugs, accessories, veils, jewelry, and more.

226 W 37th St, New York, NY (212) 944-9013

Beautiful dress, wonderful value

Reviewed on 6/21/2013 Angie V

Designer Loft was the first place I visited to try on wedding dresses. I was able to get an appointment with pretty short notice, but felt like I was given very individualized attention while I was there. The staff was so warm and helpful. Like many brides, I started the... Read More dress-trying-on experience with one conception of my perfect dress, and ended up buying something completely different. Designer Loft was so helpful in steering me towards the most flattering styles, including dresses I'd never considered. The icing on my experience was the price of my dress. I ended up spending considerably less money than initially anticipated for the dress of my dreams. Alterations were a breeze, and Designer Loft arranged to have my dress delivered to my hotel the day before my wedding. I received so many compliments on my dress, to the point that many of our guests thought it was a one-of-a-kind. It was a wonderful experience, and I have since recommended Designer Loft to a number of newly engaged friends.

Mrs.Daniel Rubenstein

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Leah R

I really lucked out when my daughter found the designer loft to look for her wedding dress. We had been to so many other places that were considered "the best", and found little that we liked, and service and pressure that made my hair stand on end! Once we arrived at the... Read More designer loft we were treated with respect and with absolutely no pressure. This is very important to me especially after the horrendous experiences we had at other places. My daughter found the perfect dress for her wedding. Totally appropriate for the St.Regis. She looked elegant. Not only did they tailor magnificently, but they also created a lace shell for her to wear over the dress for the service so that her chest and arms were not exposed. I was so impressed by their professionalism and quality of work by their seamstresses. I too bought my dress there and once again they were able to alter it so that it fit me to a tee and I felt so beautiful. I cannot compliment them enough for their work, patience and their ability to really want to satisfy me and my daughter.

Best Bridal Shop in NYC

Reviewed on 5/04/2013 Guadalupe D

Designer Loft Bride is a small quaint bridal shop for those brides who seek an intimate and personal feel to their bridal gown shopping experience. This bridal shop is also unique in that no one is forcing you to purchase a dress on your first visit. They are very respectful... Read More of your price range and the specifics of the gown you are seeking to get. I recall my first visit was on a whim after visiting several other bridal shops which left me annoyed and frustrated. Such was not the case at the Designer Loft. I arrived and was greeted with respect and pleasantness. The staff were really friendly and not pushy. After providing my price range for a wedding gown and the gown details and specifics we started to choose styles off the dress rack to try on. I immediately fell in love with a Paloma Blanca wedding gown. I had returned to the store a total of THREE times before deciding to purchase and each and every time I returned to try on the gown before making my final decision, the staff remained friendly, patient and pleasant, which is exactly what a bride needs. My alterations were also a pleasant experience. The seamstress was very talented and patient with me. I had to go for a total of 4 dress fittings because I am so petite in stature but at the end it was a beautiful and elegant result. I truly fell in love with the Designer Loft staff team and my Paloma Blanca wedding gown. Thank you, Designer Loft Bridal!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Alexis R

A friend of mine made an appointment based off of the ratings and reviews from this site. Unfortunately, we had a terrible experience- sharing it with others who are looking for gowns to avoid taking away such a special experience for future brides. Our group had a 5pm... Read More appointment. We were informed by "Logan" that she was unsure what they were going to do with our group because they had another large party coming in during our appointment. At 5:20, the bride began trying on dresses. Because there were two other brides sharing the two pedestals, my friend- as well as the other brides often had to wait to look at their dresses. At 6pm Logan mentioned that my friend could only try on one more dress because her appointment time was almost up. We explained to Logan that she had started our appointment late and the other brides also trying on dresses were here before us. We simply wanted to make sure that we had gotten our full time and my friend got the full experience. Logan responded very nasty to the group, in front of the other group that we were sharing the space with that she "actually started us at 5:10 and that we were making the next appointment wait." After trying on the last dress, the bride asked to try on a dress she really liked one last time. She was hoping to decide whether or not this specific dress was the one. Logan huffed and puffed and proceed to point to the bride sitting in the waiting area- repeating that we were taking up the other bride's time. My friend decided not to try on that dress one last time. She explained that Logan had pulled the dress from her hands in the dressing room and made her very uncomfortable for asking to try on anything else to be sure she wasn't passing up on "the dress". While the other brides who started before our group continued to try on dresses, be accommodated as customer should- we then walked out. Logan did not apologize for the inconvenience of miss managing our appointment, taking time from our appointment, or not fulfilling the brides request to try on that dress one last time. Nobody wished us farewell- or even cared that we had such a terrible experience. We were simply ignored as we left. Myself, the bride, and her bridal party- will be sure to share our experience with as many brides needed to make sure they do not leave discouraged and upset during such a special time.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jana C

Designer loft is a perfect little boutique in the heart of the garment district of nyc. With the help of my consultant, Oscar, I was able to find the most stunning Rosa Clara dress. Looking for intimate feel with a person touch, then designer loft is the place. Couldn't be more... Read More happy

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Evelyn L

The Designer Loft Bridal Salon was a wonderful experience for my daughter. We arrived a few minutes early and were greeted by a lovely young lady, Marissa. Marissa gave my daughter some paperwork to fill out. Shortly after Marissa helped my daughter to select dresses to try... Read More on. Marissa was very patient and listened to what style my daughter was looking for in her wedding dress. There were many dresses to select from and also a trunk show by designer, Yumi Katsura. My daughter tried on quite a few dresses, but we knew once she tried on a dress from the trunk show we all had the chills. She looked gorgeous. After speaking with the owner, Liz and another consultant, Allie we decided to come back the next day and confirm our decision. We had two more appointments that afternoon, but nothing was as beautiful. The next day the tailor consulted with us and we decided to say YES to the dress!!! I highly recommend the Designer Loft Bridal Salon. They are a wonderful group of woman and everyone was extremely helpful and patient.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alyssa A

I've had a wonderful experience with Designer Loft so far. My dress is scheduled for delivery in December/January (can't wait!), and my experience to this point has been great. Liz and her team are incredibly accommodating with scheduling appointments, taking photos, and... Read More communication (email/phone).

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lily A

It took a while to find a place where people would understand your vision right away. The staff at Designer Loft was beyond helpful and spot on. I recommend this place to all my girlfriends for their special day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jodie J

My experience at Designer Loft was amazing. My wedding was very rushed and I was so nervous everything would go wrong. But the entire staff was beyond professional and reassured me that everything would go smoothly. It didn’t take long for me to find my dream dress and my... Read More fittings with Natasha were exceptional! My gown’s fit was perfection and I felt so beautiful on my wedding day❤️

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Carla F

When I first entered in the store I didn’t know that they work with appointments. immediately they found a date for the appointment. I asked for someone who speak Spanish and there was a sweet and servicial woman, Marissa. I’m working in this city, but my entire family and... Read More friends are out, so I was by myself there. She asked for my wedding details and for my ideas and preferences. Then she showed me the store, gowns and designers. They have a wide variety of dresses of high quality for all styles of brides. Marissa always respected and values my opinions about the dresses. She was so kind and helpful in the fitting room, and her comments were so honest and positive. The owner and Marissa helped me offering me options with veils and hair combs; they really make me felt comfortable and without doubts was a great experience. Designer Loft was my first visit to a wedding gowns store, so I thought to visit other places to see other opportunities; and they wish me luck for the process. Days later I came back without appointments to clarify some doubts and buy the dress. Liz, the manager was a kind and patient woman that received me and clarify my entire doubts giving me suggestions and recommendations. Liz’s service was so good that she looked for my saleswoman, Marissa and told her that I was there, and she offered me a try on the dress WITHOUT appointments and their attitudes were very kind, attentive and helpful. The owner, Marissa and Liz explained everything to me before to make the decision to buy it, they were honest and gave me valuable recommendations. Without any hesitation I would recommend this place to future brides. The staff is prepared to attend to brides who have ideas of what they want, but also offer their best services to show their wide variety for those who are determined. They have an employee, Marissa who speaks Spanish, and she is an adorable person. All the staff will really make you feel the excitement of the experience. Thanks to Designer Loft I have my wedding gown, and it’s perfect. Thanks to Designer Loft Family for making this experience an incomparable and unforgettable.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Ani A

I absolutely loved my experience with Designer Loft, from start to finish. I initially made an appointment with them because they carry Rosa Clara gowns, which I had loved the look of when I was doing online research. I went in for my appointment with a friend who was a fellow... Read More bride-to-be, and we both ended up getting our dresses from here! The store is smaller and a boutique feel versus the larger, impersonal bridal salons. When we arrived, Elyse chatted with me about what I was looking for, asked to see my pintrest board if I had one, so she could get a feel for what my style was. She then asked me to walk around and select a few dresses that I liked, and she would do the same for me. I told her I definitely didn't want a strapless or a sweet-heart style. I tried on the Rosa Clara that I thought I was going to love, and it wasn't right for me. Elyse then pulled out a Robert Bullock gown which was strapless AND sweet-heart, and I thought to my self "oh no... she isn't even listening...". But before I could say anything, she said, "Just listen, I have an idea....". Well, I am glad I gave her a chance, because I ended up with a customized Robert Bullock gown that no one else in the world has! We had the designer make the original gown with a different neckline. All of this was confirmed with the designer and I had pricing on it within 30 minutes of trying the original gown on. I also did alterations with Natasha, who was amazing and accommodating. She even made me a custom veil, fashioned after my grandmother's. My entire, complete experience with Designer Loft was incredible and I am so happy I found them. I am a tough NYC customer, and I was extremely pleased every step of the way.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Samantha M

I had an amazing experience at Designer Loft. From my first visit to my final fitting everything went smoothly. The girls are amazing and we’re extremely helpful in providing me my dream dress! I already knew exactly what I wanted and they never once pushed me to try something... Read More different. I would recommend this bridal store to anyone! I wish I could relive the experience all over again!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Laura S

Very disappointed with this place because it came well recommended. Katrina was very sweet but not very helpful. I was welcomed to the store with big smiles. Katrina asked me about my venue and what style/type of dress I was looking for, but didn't pick a dress out for me to try... Read More on. Instead she told me to pick out what I wanted to try on. I picked out 2 dresses that I felt were similar to my style and tried them on. After putting on the last dress, I asked what else was similar to the style I picked out and she told me there was nothing else in the store to try on. I think the total appointment took 10 minutes. She didn't even offer for me to try on a different style. Overall I felt that they could have been more helpful. You are trying to tell me that out of 100's of dresses they only had 2 that were within my budget and style. Thats crazy!! I would not recommend them unless you want to be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Stephanie I

I cannot say enough good things about the wonderful experience I had at Designer Loft! I am a plus size girl and thought it would be difficult for me to find a dress that fit my body. Frey made me feel so comfortable and worked with me to find the perfect dress. In the end, I... Read More chose a Yumi Katsura gown which Frey and a representative from the designer helped me customize. It was my dream dress and I couldn't be happier with my choice and my experience!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Jonathan S

There were some nice dresses to choose from and it wasn’t crowded when I went. However the stylist, Elizabeth, wasn’t very helpful- she refused to let me take more than two dresses of the same style. She literally told me “no” when I asked to take another of the same style. She... Read More also was very opinionated but in a rude way. For example she told me she wouldn’t let me choose a dress even if I thought it was the one. I would go back I just would request to not have he as my stylist

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Donna L

I bought my wedding dress at Designer Loft. The staff was helpful and they had a great selection of dresses. I’m very happy with my wedding dress pick! I trust their seamstress, Natasha.. she did an excellent job with alterations!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

Was the best experience I had, Raquel was so kind. She help me to find my best dress, and the type of dress fit me the best. I highly recommend this boutique, they will help you get the best dress, and price. Thanks to all!!!! ✨

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Maya C

Highly recommend!!! Excellent customer service and overall experience. Can't wait to see my dress ❤️

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Armine S

If you want a dress and over all to get that feeling that you are the most special customer in the world, Designer Loft is where you need to go for a wedding dress. Their dresses are fantastic and their support throughout the whole process is overwhelmingly special. I am... Read More touched, and kind of wanna do it again )))))

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Rahel A

Designer Loft is amazing. I was able to find a beautiful bridesmaids dress that fit the style and color requirements for my friends wedding. My friend also found the perfect wedding dress there. It was simple yet strikingly elegant.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Echo M

Liz and her staff were great! They were patient and didn’t make me feel rushed! Liz is always very prompt in her email responses whenever I have questions. I had the VIP appointment so we had the store to ourselves and Liz provided champagne and horsdevours! It was definitely a... Read More memorable experience!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Gabrielle B

Shopping at Designer Loft was truly a delight. The ladies really listened to everything I was looking for in a gown and showed me a ton of options that were exactly what I had described, and even a few that were slightly different but equally as gorgeous. They truly made me feel... Read More like my big day was just as important to them as it was to me. If you're looking for a bridal shop to make you feel like the only bride in the world, you need to go to Designer Loft!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Bjorn V

I can’t say enough good things about The Designer Loft. Liz and her team gets it! Every time I take my brides for wedding dresses, they always make you feel like a person and attention to detail is never an issue. They make my brides feel comfortable, pay special attention and... Read More the gowns are always spectactular! I highly, highly recommend The Designer Loft for all your wedding dress needs!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Julianne B

Designer Loft has incredible customer service and they offer a beautiful experience. I was struggling to find a gown that I truly loved. When the 2018 runway styles were shown on Brides website, I completely fell head over heels in love with a Rosa Clara gown. The only problem... Read More was, it was summer of 2017 and my wedding was booked for June 2018. My sister told me I would never be able to get it in time. I was pretty desperate so I started messaging different salons in NY to see if they would be getting this particular gown and if so, when? I messaged Designer Loft and got a response from Liz that same day. She was so personal and helpful. She told me she had seen the dress on the runway and loved it as well. She said she would call to see if they could get the runway sample sent from Barcelona to the shop in NY since the collection wouldn't arrive in stock for several months. Just a few short hours later, Liz emailed me back saying Rosa Clara sent the style and it should arrive in a few weeks. I almost cried of sheer happiness. Those of you started your wedding planning probably already know how hard each and every step of the process seems to be and they were making it so EASY. I booked my appointment on the site and brought my crew to the boutique. Inside, it is modern and upscale but also warm. There are beautiful couches in the main room and dresses thoughtfully organized by style. I chose a few that I liked and went into the dressing room with my sister. They gave me shoes to try on with the dresses. It was so fun and the gentleman from the store who helped me was great as well. He seemed to have a great feel for how I felt in the dresses and how he could better help me decide and then finish the look with accessories. They charge a flat $500 for alterations which is very reasonable considering the work it takes to create a bustle and a perfect fit. All around, the experience has been wonderful so far and I just can't wait to get the finished product!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kaitlyn G

Wonderful experience. My sales consultant Virginia was extremely helpful and made me feel so comfortable during my appointment. I found my perfect dress and couldn't be happier! Thanks Virginia and Designer Loft!!