Beautiful flowers designed uniquely for you

As a freelance floral designer, I am able to concentrate my energy on what I love: wedding flowers. It is very important, to you and your wedding day, that I'm able to solely cater to your floral event. My custom designs are made to suit your specific desires.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Accessories, Fashion, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Bow2018

Serving Southern Louisiana (225) 772-5229

Milissa has a gift!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Lauren S

My wedding flowers were absolutely perfect thanks to Designs by Milissa! From the beginning, Milissa was so helpful and very prompt in answering any questions or concerns. Even when I wasn't sure how to explain what I wanted, she had a vision and somehow knew exactly what I was... Read More asking! The day of, when I walked up and saw the floral arch, it was just too beautiful for words. You will not be disappointed- Milissa is great at what she does and will make your wedding an unforgettable occasion!

2016-10-31T17:17:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such a wonderful review,

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Rachael B

Milissa is amazing, and truly has a special talent! I knew immediately after meeting her that I wanted her to do our flowers, and she was very professional and easy to work with. The bouquet for my bridal portraits was perfect, and I cannot even explain how wonderful our wedding... Read More day flowers were! The flowers at church were beautiful, and all of the flowers at the reception were the perfect finishing detail. One guest even commented that she went up to several of the tables to smell and feel the flowers because they looked too good to be real! Best of all, I found her prices very reasonable. I couldn't believe how many flowers we got for what we spent. I would recommend Milissa to any future brides - you absolutely won't be disappointed!

2016-05-17T18:46:38 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Brittany

I'd recommed milissa to anyone needing a phenomenal florist. She had everything just as we wanted. She tied our theme together and made our wedding aabsolutey beautiful.

2016-01-05T18:07:13 Response from the vendor

thank you it was so much fun to do your flowers for your wedding, I love sunflowers.

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Sara L

I'm not a flowery person. I only know a few types of flowers, but what Milissa pulled off was STUNNING! My bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, the centerpieces, pew markers, everything! Everything was simply gorgeous. And the flowers were so fresh that they lasted for a week or... Read More more. My hubby's grandfather actually passed away the day before the wedding and his funeral was the day after, so hubby's family just used the same flowers from the wedding. Definitely worth the money. My family still talks about Milissa's flowers even a month after the wedding. She was very easy to contact and very accompanying, making any changes to the amount/type of flowers that I wanted right up until a month before the wedding. My family also admired how professional and easy-going she was. She's very easy to talk to and knows that weddings are stressful, so she does her best to make it as stress-free as possible for everyone. If you don't know what kind of flowers you like, she'll sit with you and show you picture after picture of sample bouquets that she's created over the years until you nod and say that you're alright with that. At least, that's how my experience went. And she did more than I could've ever dreamed of. EVER.

2017-12-11T20:21:02 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Emma G

Milissa was the best! Our wedding planner suggested her. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. I know nothing about flowers but thankfully all I had to do was show her pictures of what I wanted and she made my dreams come true. Our flowers were BEAUTIFUL. She was also very... Read More flexible as far as things changing last minute and changing the amount of flowers we needed.

2017-11-21T17:11:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you I am so happy you like your flowers best wishes, Milissa

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Rachael S

Pros: She's sweet and reasonably priced. Cons: Not sure what happened with my wedding, after reading all of the five star reviews; however, for my wedding and the events leading up to it, Milissa was not on her 5-star game. The very first time we met, I confirmed to her our... Read More meeting time and that we would be meeting at her home. I wrongly assumed that the address on her professional website was updated and drove to the wrong place. She apologized and I decided to let it go even though it surprised me that someone providing a professional service did not have their website updated. Unfortunately, this theme of absent-mindedness continued to appear throughout our interactions together. Her responses were very delayed (several days delayed). At one point after trying to contact her twice, I got my then-fiance to try and get a hold of her because I thought that someone else reaching out might help. For a bride planning her own wedding, quick response time is very helpful. After sending invoices back and force, multiple times several things I asked her to correct were still present on the invoice. Eventually, I gave up trying to point things out. The day of the wedding, she had a family emergency but did not let me, my groom, or even my coordinator know. She sent her assistant, who did not even introduce herself, show my bouquets to me (she left them in the unattended bridal dressing room) or stay to line the aisle with rose petals. I'm unsure if something was going on in her own life that she couldn't dedicate full attention to my wedding, but I am jealous of the other brides who had a 5 star experience.

2017-11-09T09:42:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sending a review, I am very sorry please give me a call so we can talk. Milissa

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Alexis S

Milissa and Lori did an amazing job helping us with the selection and layout of our flowers and decorations. They really made our dreams become realities, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would highly recommend Milissa for your wedding!

2017-10-23T13:45:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the nice review, I feel very luck to have Lori work with me. She's so very talented

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Debbie J

Flowers were breathtaking. With only a limited amount of input from me, she was able to turn the three rooms of the venue into a showcase. Even with the rooms being somewhat dark her flower choices brightened the rooms. We had so many compliments on the decor and flowers used... Read More to adorn the venue. Many thanks to Designs by Melissa and her staff for going over and beyond for our event even with the threat of a hurricane. Thanks again it is really appreciated.

2017-10-23T13:47:01 Response from the vendor

That was a bad weather weekend, thank you for choosing Designs by Milissa for your event, Our staff is very talented.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Suzanne R

Milissa was wonderful! We sat down and designed my "dream wedding" flowers and from there she prepared a quote that included everything I could ever want. From that quote I was able to subtract and add anything I wanted to change. It was nice to have something truly custom for... Read More my special day. She used my Pinterest board as her guidelines and really hit the nail on the head! Thank you to Milissa and her team for making my day even more beautiful than it already was! Highly recommended

2017-10-17T14:55:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you, it was so much fun doing your wedding, Milissa and staff

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Erica F

Our flowers were GORGEOUS! Milissa made sure I got exactly what I envisioned. She worked with us and gave ideas for things that we weren't sure about. We got soooo many compliments on our flowers. A friend of ours actually told a recently engaged family member "you'd be stupid... Read More not to hire this florist" :)

2017-10-23T13:47:49 Response from the vendor

So happy you loved your flowers,

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kitty B

Milissa was the florist for my daughters wedding. She created exactly what Anna had in mind. The arrangements were beautiful and Milissa was very easy to work with. After our one and only meeting she quickly had a feel for what we wanted. The special touches she added to... Read More the Old Governor's Mansion were exquisite. She is amazing. I highly recommend Designs by Milissa.

2017-10-23T13:48:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you, we love working at the Old Governors Mansion.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Claire Y

Milissa was so wonderful to work with for my wedding. She was straight forward and very responsive to my questions. I only had a vague idea what I wanted to I put a lot of trust in her to design the bouquets and do final selection of the flowers once I picked some colors.... Read More Everything came out beautifully. She is incredibly talented and knows so much. I still find myself looking more at the flowers in my wedding pictures than anything else because of how amazing they were. Thanks Milissa!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Melissa G

Milissa was an absolute delight to work with for my wedding flowers. She is extremely talented and was able to make my vision a reality. Her arrangements were more beautiful than I could have imagined. I would recommend Milissa for your wedding without a doubt!!

2017-03-30T07:46:02 Response from the vendor

thank you, It means so much to us at Designs by Milissa llc to hear how our bride love there flowers. best wishes, Milissa and staff

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Jordan R

Milissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! When we first met with her, we didn't really know what we wanted our flowers to look like, and she had pictures from previous weddings she's done to show us all of the different options and help us to narrow down and ultimately... Read More decide on what we want. She was extremely helpful and our flowers were all gorgeous! We especially loved the tall calla lily tower she made for our buffet table at the reception. Would definitely recommend Designs by Milissa for wedding flowers!

2017-03-30T07:49:02 Response from the vendor

Oh thank you, it was a joy to get to do your wedding flowers. Lori loves designing the Calla lily tower. I feel so bless to have a talented staff to work with and help create flowers that our brides love. thank you, Milissa Duhe... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Caitlin L

Mrs. Milissa is the sweetest person! Her personality alone had me hooked from the start. When she showed me some of her previous work, I was blown away. She is truly talented! I had vague ideas about our wedding flowers. I knew the colors that we wanted and the "look" that we... Read More were going for, but that was it! Mrs. Milissa created the perfect arrangement for our ceremony, reception, bouquets, boutonnieres, tussies, etc. The flower arrangements were even more beautiful than I had imagined! She was a joy to work with and made it so easy for us. I would definitely recommend her if you are in the Baton Rouge area!

2016-12-15T15:24:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you, we love working with flowers and get such joy from seeing a happy bride. Best Wishes and Happy Holidays Milissa

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Heather M

My flowers were SO beautiful! Milissa was so helpful throughout the entire process. Even after her entire house had flooded, she had my bridal portraits bouquet ready for me to pick up! SUPER accommodating, even after I changed the delivery location the week of the wedding.

2016-11-28T20:10:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you, We love providing good service to our wonderful brides. Milissa

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Angela C

I could not have been more pleased with my flowers!! Milissa was able to give me EXACTLY what I wanted, and her floral creations were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! We met with a number of vendors before selecting the florist for my wedding, and we chose... Read More Milissa because she came highly recommended, she was very personable and easy to communicate with, and she was more reasonably priced than some of the more popular big-name florists that we had approached. I am so glad that we chose her. My mother and I have received so many complements on the flowers in my wedding. Milissa has tons of experience, is truly talented and she's very passionate about her work. I would HIGHLY recommend Designs by Milissa!!

2016-10-31T17:19:38 Response from the vendor

I am so excited that y'all loved the flowers,

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Christina D

Milisa came highly recommended by multiple wedding venues. I am not a floral type of bride. I do not really gravitate towards flower arrangements as centerpieces. But as wedding planning became more stressful, I gave in to have floral arrangements instead of DIY centerpieces. I... Read More was very concerned that the flowers would not be my style, there was really not much of anything I was liking. However, Milisa was determined to find what I liked and she was successful. The arrangements looked better than I imagined and she was just so easy to work with. The bouquets turned out perfect, they were exactly what I wanted. I could not have been happier with the flowers that Milisa put together, she did an amazing job and I highly recommend every bride to use her. She made me feel so comfortable and reassured.

2017-10-23T13:50:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you, we love getting it right and doing something that you liked.

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Milissa did my daughter's wedding the week after her home/shop flooded during the historic flooding in Louisiana. She called me immediately to see if the venues were ok and told me she would still do the flowers. Another florist offered his shop for her to work. They were... Read More beautiful and got rave reviews from the guests. I really appreciated her dedication to making the wedding flowers beautiful even during this horrible tragedy.

2016-09-13T22:10:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you, I needed to designs flowers that weekend it brought me so much joy to get to design flowers.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Emily B

Milissa is absolutely AMAZING! You won't be disappointed by anything she does. She provided bouquets and boutonnieres for 2 nights for our wedding and they all looked perfect both nights. Everyone kept commenting on how gorgeous the flowers were. She truly outdid herself and we... Read More couldn't have asked for a better florist. Thank you so much Milissa!!!

2016-08-02T20:20:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you I so enjoyed getting to do your flowers

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Beautiful Flowers The first time my daughter & I met Milissa she made us feel comfortable & at ease. My daughter's vision for her wedding became Milissa's vision. The flowers were beautiful and everything far exceeded our expectations . We received so many compliments.... Read More Starting with the delivery of flowers for the bridal party, the moment we walked into the Cathedral to entering the ballroom for the reception it was truly amazing. Melissa's professionalism, expertise & kindness assured us we had chosen the best. My daughter's wedding was beautiful. I would definitely use Melissa again for future floral needs. Mother of the Bride

2016-07-09T11:25:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting Designs by Milissa llc with your daughters special day.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Kaitlin G

Our flowers were perfect! Very unique and dreamy. Exactly what I was looking for.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Oliver L

Milissa was great! When we first met with her, she was very knowledgeable and helped me come up with beautiful arrangements for my big day. The flowers we chose were perfect for my theme and color. I wouldn't have changed a thing! I even forgot that I needed a bouquet for... Read More my bridals, and Milissa scrambled to get me a beautiful bouquet at the last minute. On my wedding day, I got so many compliments on all of my flowers- especially my bouquet! I would extremely recommend Designs By Milissa- she's a sweetheart and very good at what she does.

2016-05-18T18:41:39 Response from the vendor

thanks I am so happy you liked the bouquets and flowers.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Janet B

Professional, attentive, precise and knowledgeable. The only florist I will ever use.

2016-05-17T18:46:01 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Erin N

MELISSA was amazing, my daughters flowers were all incredible. MELISSA took care of the church, the reception and all of our needs.

2016-05-17T18:46:19 Response from the vendor