Designs by Oochay Floral & Event Design

DC, Maryland, Virginia

Breathtaking & Lush Elegance

Designs by Oochay is a full service event and floral design studio, producing breathtaking decor. We strongly believe in doing all things with LOVE. Every design is made with love, from colors to textures, to style. You are unique, your love is unique and your flowers should be unique. We are here to serve you on your most important day and will design lush floral arrangements to leave you breathless. So let's get started, contact us today!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Nancy A

My hubby and I were both honestly just speechless! Uche is amazing- her work and her as a person. When I say that she made all my dreams come true on our wedding day, it’s an understatement. She blew our minds to Jupiter and then Mars. We thank Uche so much, she literally made... Read More our whole wedding. When I began my walk down the aisle I just couldn’t believe my eyes looking at the ceremony site – JUST GORGEOUS! I was again blown away at the reception area (as Uche had some surprises up her sleeve) I also had to fight my own mother over my bouquet because it was so beautiful she wanted to keep it for herself! Also very important she worked extensively with me to tweak our budget to get the most out of it and in the end I just left everything to her because she works hard to understand exactly what your vision for your day is. Everyone keeps asking us who did our wedding décor because they had never seen anything like it, even the coordinators at our venue raved about her work. We HIGHLY recommend Uche, she will not disappoint you in anyway. We know for sure that God will bless this business and it will flourish beyond your wildest dreams. We love you Uche and thank you so much once again, we can never forget you and your work!

2017-10-31T08:25:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much N & D! Your wedding was amazing and so much fun to design and execute. Thank you for trusting us be a part of your big day! xoxo

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Connie W

Uche is awesome! She took all of our ideas and executed them beautifully. From our first conversation to our meetings with caterer and other vendors, Uche always made sure the vision and theme for our wedding was intact. She did amazing things with our budget and people are... Read More still talking about how gorgeous the wedding was. If you're looking for a florist or event designer, we would definitely recommend. She's is passionate about her work and it really shows!

2017-10-31T08:26:21 Response from the vendor

Loved creating beauty for your wedding day! Thank you so much for trusting me and letting us be a part of your big day! xoxo

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

I absolutely loved working with Designs by Oochay! Uche, the designer, had great ideas and worked with us from the beginning to incorporate our vision into the event. The flowers for my wedding were more beautiful than I expected. Everyone kept commenting on how gorgeous the... Read More centerpieces and my bouquet were. Highly recommend them! The team was prompt, courteous and very professional :)

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Valentina M

Uche was amazing! From the initial phone call, to the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond to provide a personalized service. She was so attentive to details and helpful throughout the process. I only had a color palate chosen and a few sample pictures and Uche... Read More transformed my vision into reality! I highly recommend Uche and her team!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jinah C

Uche is amazing!! I was stressed over decor and florals for my wedding. I knew the general look that I wanted but did not know how to pull it off. Uche came to my rescue! She came up with a beautiful design that was what I was looking for just by looking at my Pinterest... Read More board. She immediately understood my vision. On my wedding day, I was thrilled to see Uche's beautiful creations. She made a beautiful boxwood hedge wall with florals, omg it just made my wedding! The rest of the floral arrangements were beautiful and far exceeded my expectations. Uche added a few extra touches that were much appreciated. We have received so many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was, all thanks to the work of Uche and her team! Other than the great work that Uche does, she is super welcoming and friendly. She listens to concerns and finds ways to address them. I am a happy client!

2017-10-31T08:28:16 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad the hedgewall was a hit! Thanks for trusting me with that crazy idea...haha! It was such a pleasure creating beautiful designs for you and D. Thank you for trusting us with your big day! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Annaliese R

Working with Uche for our September DC wedding was one of the best vendor decisions we made! She was able to make our vision come to life with just a few phone calls and a Pinterest board. She really took the time to understand what we liked, and filled in the blanks with her... Read More creativity where we just didn’t have a clue. Uche took care of draping and hanging instillations for us, and knocked our centerpieces our out of the park. Not only is she a friendly face who you can follow along with on Instagram (got a sneak peak of some of our florals!), she is beyond professional and extremely hard working! 100% would recommend Designs by Oochay for your next event!

2017-10-31T08:29:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! I loved working with you and B! You had the vision and I'm glad we were able to execute it to the T! Much love.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Clarissa H

Uche & her team were AMAZING! I was a nervous wreck planning my wedding until I met Uche. The initial consultation blew away all the anxiety I had, throughout the process she was able to work with our budget and execute the dream wedding I always wanted. THANK YOU!

2017-10-31T08:30:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Congrats again! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Jen K

I usually ignore review requests from vendors but I made an exception to write this in for Uche. Her design eye and expertise is simply remarkable. Met and went beyond our expectations for our wedding to the point where I did a double-take of the room during the first look. You... Read More rock Uche and I highly recommend!

2017-10-31T08:31:46 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure! So glad we were able to exceed your expectations K! Loved working with you! Congrats again! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Kendra G

Uche and her team did an amazing job for my ceremony and wedding decor. I first met Uche at a bridal event and loved her work. I told her exactly what I wanted and she delivered. My bouquet( favorite part of my wedding) was to die for. It was exactly what I wanted; full, bold... Read More and beautiful. The flowers matched my color scheme and they were fresh. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Oochay Floral.

2017-10-31T08:32:44 Response from the vendor

Ah! I am still crushing over your wedding colors! So vibrant and bold like you said. Thank you for allowing us be a part of your day! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Tameka B

Designs by Oochay did an AMAZING job for our wedding. Even with all of my changes (too much pinterest) she hung in there and offered her suggestions and professionalism. I was a bit bummed that in order to have a mock design I would end up paying the actual price for one of the... Read More table set ups at the wedding. I understand that fresh flowers had to be purchased but they should somehow figure out how to offer this at a discounted price for already invested clients. I'm a tangible visual person so that would've helped. Uche did offer an at home consult in place of the mock design where I did get to see the vases in person, the votives and candles that definitely helped a lot. In the end I cant say enough great things about the service, the quality, the professionalism and the design of it all. Everything was absolutely AMAZING!

2017-10-31T08:35:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It was such a pleasure working with you. We will take your feedback regarding the mockup into consideration.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Katelyn K

Uche is absolutely AMAZING. She perfectly captured my vision and more. She is so sweet, and the help she brings to the weddings are great. I received so many compliments throughout the evening on our flowers, and they were definitely my favorite part of the decor!!

2017-10-31T08:36:05 Response from the vendor

Yaay! Thank you so much for trusting us with your wedding decor! I'm so glad you and your guests were swept away! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Taylor T

Words can not explain how thankful my husband and I are for Uche. Uche is amazing, her designs will leave you speechless​. When I say that she made all our dreams come true, it’s an understatement. Uche worked countless hours to understand our exact vision for the day. Once I... Read More began walking down the aisle I just couldn’t believe my eyes looking at all the detail in the ceremony site. I was again left speechless at the reception for our first look, it was everything I dreamed of and more. I highly recommend Uche, she will leave you amazed. Uche your hard work never goes unnoticed, we can not thank you enough for making our special day one to remember.

2017-10-31T08:37:22 Response from the vendor

Your words just brought happy tears to my eyes. Thank you for allowing us to create for you! I'm so glad we got to work with you. Congrats again! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Paige Z

I absolutely cannot say enough amazing things about Uche and the DBO team. I told her my vision, my color palette, and my need for rustically beautiful and on the day of, I have a photo of her handing me my bouquet that says it all. My bouquet was out of this world stunning,... Read More the table arrangements were swoon worthy, and I don't even know how to put heart eyes on this review for the magnolia draping over the barn. Uche and her team 100% brought my vision and style to life. She was a joy to work with and always on my team to make sure things were going to be exactly what I wanted. I wish my bouquet would've lasted forever (it still looks beautiful dried though!) If you're looking for the best florist in the DMV area, Look no further. Uche is a DREAM.

2017-10-31T08:39:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much P! I am still crushing over your wedding! The colors, the venue, the stellar team, and best of all - the most awesome couple we got to work with. It was an honor being a part of your wedding. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Anne-Marie K

Uche and her team did a wonderful job in helping make our wedding beautiful. Uche is incredibly organized and responsive.. and oh my goodness did I LOVE the cascading bouquet she made for me. The details in her other arrangements were on point as well. The florals she... Read More provided to my mother and mother-in-law were part of a gold metal band which I thought was such a cool touch, and she had my flower girls looking extra adorable with their floral crowns :) Not only did she do an amazing job with our decor, but she also sent US a thank you gift for being clients which I thought was very sweet and thoughtful. I would definitely recommend DBO.

2017-07-25T22:11:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for trusting us with the most important day of your life! I had a ton of fun working with you and I'm so happy to know we were able to exceed your expectations! xoxo

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Claire F

Uche was absolutely incredible!! I only had a few photos in mind from pinterest to start, and she took this to the next level. Not only did she stretch my budget, but she went above and beyond making our day come to life. Center pieces were stunning, and the bouquets were... Read More GORGEOUS!! I would highly recommend using her!

2017-07-25T22:13:02 Response from the vendor

Aww! Thank you so much! You, my dear, were absolutely STUNNING in that gown! Loved working with and for you. xoxo

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kennie O

Uche was by far easiest and sweetest vendor to work with! She worked within our budget and created a beautiful atmosphere at our wedding reception. I didn't feel pressured into what i didn't want or feeling like I needed to spend more as some of the other vendors made me feel.... Read More As a stressed bride, she more than a Godsend! Would and certainly will recommend DBO

2017-07-25T22:14:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for trusting me and going along with my crazy ideas lol. I'm so glad you loved how beautiful your decor turned out. Warm hugs!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Courtney K

The services Uche provided were exactly what we were looking for. Simple, classic, and a statement maker. We failed to give Uche much instruction, so it was pretty much all in her hands, and she turned it out! She came to meet us at the hotel to drop off my bouquet, the... Read More boutonnieres, and corsages, and she was punctual and very mindful of customer service. She left with a big hug and encouraging words to help us through the day. My bouquet was perfect, and the alter and aisle arrangements were stunning. They still looked amazing when they served double duty as our centerpieces during the reception. We couldn't have asked for more. Uche was a professional from start to finish, and we'd recommend her to anyone.

2017-10-31T08:41:45 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor being a part of your big day! Thank you for trusting us to create for you! xoxo

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Abimbola O

Uche did a great job with the florals for our wedding! I gave her a general color scheme and theme for the bouquets and center pieces and let her do the rest. The outcome was beautiful and captured the feel that I was hoping for! She even added special touches that brought the... Read More space to life even more! Even better, Uche worked within our budget to make it all happen. I highly recommend Designs by Oochay!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jenna G

There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful our flowers looked on our wedding day! Uche was so easy to work with and really respected our budget (which can be hard to find!) We trusted her completely and didn't even provide many specifics for flowers that we wanted. She... Read More used her obvious talent and creativity and delivered flowers that were beautiful and exactly in our taste and style! Everything from the bouquets to ceremony decorations to centerpieces were flawless. We couldn't have been happier!

2017-07-25T22:18:24 Response from the vendor

It makes my heart glad to read your review. Thank you for giving me creative freedom to design for you my fellow GA peach:-). It was truly an honor. xoxo

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Monique W

For starters the end result of decor and floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful the day of our wedding. Unfortunately, the customer service and professionalism was an issue we experienced leading up to the wedding day. First, as a vendor with a business specifically... Read More providing services for weddings it's typical to have brides which inquire about details concerning guess count fluctuations, details about decor, and anything else of importance. As a result her tone and the manner in which she responded became very off putting, which came across as Uche being irritated or bothered by our inquiries. Lastly, the day of our wedding I was informed by my wedding planners Uche showed up almost two hours later then the scheduled set up time. The delay had a domino effect on other aspects of setting up for the wedding resulting in our wedding starting late and our wedding planners rushing to complete everything on time. To conclude, my husband and I never received an apology or heard from Uche after all that took place. It may not seem as a big deal, however, customer service and extending professionalism along with being courteous goes a long way for any business. Overall what we received was subpar.

2016-09-20T09:56:15 Response from the vendor

As a wedding professional and a prior bride, I fully understand the stress and details that go into planning a wedding because I've been there and I experience it with some of my other couples. That's why we try our best to work amicably and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

As a bride sometimes you get to meet great people and become friends with your vendors.. And this is what happened to me! @designsbyoochay I want to thank you for making my dream come true on the day of my wedding, you made every little detail I wanted look more amazing than I... Read More imagined! I couldn't possibly thank you enough for the beautiful design.. I know you put your heart out for our wedding and I am more than grateful! I wish all the best for you and your team, God has great plans for you! There are no words to express of happy I was with everything Uche and her team came up with.. She was able to capture my vision better than I could! Thank you for your kind gesture of hand delivering my bouquet when I was getting ready! Watch out wedding world.. She is the best!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Monica A

Can I give Designs by Oochay 10 stars! If I could I would. Aside from marrying my husband the best part of my wedding was the flowers and décor. From day one Uche helped my vision come to life, she is very professional and worked within our budget. She helped me decide which... Read More flowers would go best for what I was looking for and I couldn’t have been happier with the results. My bouquet was simple and elegant exactly what I wanted. For our first look at the reception hall I almost cried it was so beautiful. Every little detail was executed to perfection. The color scheme, the lights and centerpieces were absolute breathtaking. Everyone was blown away at how gorgeous the décor was. I will recommend Designs by Oochay to everyone I know. Thanks again for making my day nothing short of a dream.

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Meg B

Uche did an amazing job! I didn't have a lot of time for details or knowledge of flowers, so I left everything in her hands and it all looked spectacular. We wanted colorful/springy and casual/simple, and that's exactly what Uche gave us in bouquets, corsages and arrangements... Read More that brightened the whole reception hall. I can't count the number of wedding guests who complimented the flowers specifically. Very highly recommended.

2016-04-18T10:37:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Meg. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you on your wedding day. Congratulations again!