Designs by Oochay Floral & Event Design

DC, Maryland, Virginia

Breathtaking & Lush Elegance

Designs by Oochay is a full service event and floral design studio, producing breathtaking decor. We strongly believe in doing all things with LOVE. Every design is made with love, from colors to textures, to style. You are unique, your love is unique and your flowers should be unique. We are here to serve you on your most important day and will design lush floral arrangements to leave you breathless. So let's get started, contact us today!

Flower Crowns, Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Meg B

Uche did an amazing job! I didn't have a lot of time for details or knowledge of flowers, so I left everything in her hands and it all looked spectacular. We wanted colorful/springy and casual/simple, and that's exactly what Uche gave us in bouquets, corsages and arrangements... Read More that brightened the whole reception hall. I can't count the number of wedding guests who complimented the flowers specifically. Very highly recommended.

2016-04-18T10:37:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Meg. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you on your wedding day. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Connie W

Uche is awesome! She took all of our ideas and executed them beautifully. From our first conversation to our meetings with caterer and other vendors, Uche always made sure the vision and theme for our wedding was intact. She did amazing things with our budget and people are... Read More still talking about how gorgeous the wedding was. If you're looking for a florist or event designer, we would definitely recommend. She's is passionate about her work and it really shows!

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

I absolutely loved working with Designs by Oochay! Uche, the designer, had great ideas and worked with us from the beginning to incorporate our vision into the event. The flowers for my wedding were more beautiful than I expected. Everyone kept commenting on how gorgeous the... Read More centerpieces and my bouquet were. Highly recommend them! The team was prompt, courteous and very professional :)

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Claire F

Uche was absolutely incredible!! I only had a few photos in mind from pinterest to start, and she took this to the next level. Not only did she stretch my budget, but she went above and beyond making our day come to life. Center pieces were stunning, and the bouquets were... Read More GORGEOUS!! I would highly recommend using her!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kennie O

Uche was by far easiest and sweetest vendor to work with! She worked within our budget and created a beautiful atmosphere at our wedding reception. I didn't feel pressured into what i didn't want or feeling like I needed to spend more as some of the other vendors made me feel.... Read More As a stressed bride, she more than a Godsend! Would and certainly will recommend DBO

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Courtney K

The services Uche provided were exactly what we were looking for. Simple, classic, and a statement maker. We failed to give Uche much instruction, so it was pretty much all in her hands, and she turned it out! She came to meet us at the hotel to drop off my bouquet, the... Read More boutonnieres, and corsages, and she was punctual and very mindful of customer service. She left with a big hug and encouraging words to help us through the day. My bouquet was perfect, and the alter and aisle arrangements were stunning. They still looked amazing when they served double duty as our centerpieces during the reception. We couldn't have asked for more. Uche was a professional from start to finish, and we'd recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Abimbola O

Uche did a great job with the florals for our wedding! I gave her a general color scheme and theme for the bouquets and center pieces and let her do the rest. The outcome was beautiful and captured the feel that I was hoping for! She even added special touches that brought the... Read More space to life even more! Even better, Uche worked within our budget to make it all happen. I highly recommend Designs by Oochay!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jenna G

There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful our flowers looked on our wedding day! Uche was so easy to work with and really respected our budget (which can be hard to find!) We trusted her completely and didn't even provide many specifics for flowers that we wanted. She... Read More used her obvious talent and creativity and delivered flowers that were beautiful and exactly in our taste and style! Everything from the bouquets to ceremony decorations to centerpieces were flawless. We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Nancy A

My hubby and I were both honestly just speechless! Uche is amazing- her work and her as a person. When I say that she made all my dreams come true on our wedding day, it’s an understatement. She blew our minds to Jupiter and then Mars. We thank Uche so much, she literally made... Read More our whole wedding. When I began my walk down the aisle I just couldn’t believe my eyes looking at the ceremony site – JUST GORGEOUS! I was again blown away at the reception area (as Uche had some surprises up her sleeve) I also had to fight my own mother over my bouquet because it was so beautiful she wanted to keep it for herself! Also very important she worked extensively with me to tweak our budget to get the most out of it and in the end I just left everything to her because she works hard to understand exactly what your vision for your day is. Everyone keeps asking us who did our wedding décor because they had never seen anything like it, even the coordinators at our venue raved about her work. We HIGHLY recommend Uche, she will not disappoint you in anyway. We know for sure that God will bless this business and it will flourish beyond your wildest dreams. We love you Uche and thank you so much once again, we can never forget you and your work!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Monique W

For starters the end result of decor and floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful the day of our wedding. Unfortunately, the customer service and professionalism was an issue we experienced leading up to the wedding day. First, as a vendor with a business specifically... Read More providing services for weddings it's typical to have brides which inquire about details concerning guess count fluctuations, details about decor, and anything else of importance. As a result her tone and the manner in which she responded became very off putting, which came across as Uche being irritated or bothered by our inquiries. Lastly, the day of our wedding I was informed by my wedding planners Uche showed up almost two hours later then the scheduled set up time. The delay had a domino effect on other aspects of setting up for the wedding resulting in our wedding starting late and our wedding planners rushing to complete everything on time. To conclude, my husband and I never received an apology or heard from Uche after all that took place. It may not seem as a big deal, however, customer service and extending professionalism along with being courteous goes a long way for any business. Overall what we received was subpar.

2016-09-20T09:56:15 Response from the vendor

As a wedding professional and a prior bride, I fully understand the stress and details that go into planning a wedding because I've been there and I experience it with my other couples. That's why we try our best to work amicably and from a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

As a bride sometimes you get to meet great people and become friends with your vendors.. And this is what happened to me! @designsbyoochay I want to thank you for making my dream come true on the day of my wedding, you made every little detail I wanted look more amazing than I... Read More imagined! I couldn't possibly thank you enough for the beautiful design.. I know you put your heart out for our wedding and I am more than grateful! I wish all the best for you and your team, God has great plans for you! There are no words to express of happy I was with everything Uche and her team came up with.. She was able to capture my vision better than I could! Thank you for your kind gesture of hand delivering my bouquet when I was getting ready! Watch out wedding world.. She is the best!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Monica A

Can I give Designs by Oochay 10 stars! If I could I would. Aside from marrying my husband the best part of my wedding was the flowers and décor. From day one Uche helped my vision come to life, she is very professional and worked within our budget. She helped me decide which... Read More flowers would go best for what I was looking for and I couldn’t have been happier with the results. My bouquet was simple and elegant exactly what I wanted. For our first look at the reception hall I almost cried it was so beautiful. Every little detail was executed to perfection. The color scheme, the lights and centerpieces were absolute breathtaking. Everyone was blown away at how gorgeous the décor was. I will recommend Designs by Oochay to everyone I know. Thanks again for making my day nothing short of a dream.