Full Service Bridal Boutique

Destiny's Bridal boutique is a full service bridal boutique offering all the latest trends and largest selections of designer wedding gowns, bridesmaids and flower girl dresses.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Fashion

12651 Vance Jackson, San Antonio, TX

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Mickala T

While on vacation from Alabama, my family decided on an impromptu wedding dress hunt. Destiny Bridal was our second stop in San Antonio. It was also our last. I could not leave behind the Maggie Sottero fully beaded dress with the tulle and organza skirt. Thank you ladies for... Read More the time and support. The dress was spectacular!!!

2016-04-18T11:43:43 Response from the vendor

We are so excited you came to visit us and find the dress of your dreams. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Valerie V

I had 3 appointments this past Saturday. I was tired and just had a bad experience with my 2nd place of choice. Well, I walked into Destiny Bridal and was greeted by Molly. She made my experience the absolute best! She made it fun and ALL about me. :D The gowns were so... Read More different and stunning. When I said yes to the dress...there was a feeling that I will never forget and I owe it Molly and Destiny Bridal's owner. They made my large entourage of 8 girls feel so welcomed. Thank you so much for everything! I definitely saved the best for last!

2016-04-18T11:35:02 Response from the vendor

I m so happy you found what your heart was looking for. I had so much fun with you and your girls. Don't forget about bridesmaids, I would love to see you all again! Congratulations! MH

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Erica P

I love the variety of dresses this shop has! My sister purchased her dress here, and even though our dress styles are completely different, I made sure to book an appointment with this shop first. I love that it is very small, and the consultants make sure you find something... Read More that you're absolutely in love with. After I said yes to the dress the owner offered myself and my family some champagne to celebrate. The ladies that do the alterations on the dresses are amazing as well!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Therese P

It was easy finding my dress and had so many compliments on it. The service was good and alterations were good and quick. (It was during winter season.) Had a little freak out with the veil. Was told there were back orders and shipping delays from the maker. In the end, I did... Read More receive it before the wedding date.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Katie S

Bought my wedding dress here off the rack after going to 5 different bridal shops. I tried on a ton of dresses at other shops and couldn't find anything I was absolutely in love with, and dress shopping in general was overwhelming, I wasn't sure what I wanted anymore. At Destiny... Read More Bridal, Caroline was very attentive and was able to discern what I liked off of my vague ideas. After trying on about three dress there I found the one. Bought my dress and veil here, both were absolutely stunning and the service was great. Also, their alterations in shop were easy and extremely detail-oriented. My dress fit perfectly and was pressed and ready to go. Thanks Destiny!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Natasha C

Sad to say that I fell in love with a dress and in the end it ended up being a complete disappointment/stress. I ordered my dress back in 9/19/15 was told it would arrive in 6-8 weeks(yes Maria I know "dresses never come in that fast") that came & passed called in Jan about it... Read More was then told it would arrive in April. I called in April to check on my dress& when I gave my name to the owner Maria I was told "I never heard your name before let me check on your dress" thinking I was going to be put on hold she hung up. My mom calls & another girl told her it was shipping 4/18 but when Maria finally called me back she told me 4/28...again I call on the 28th to make sure it was shipped I was told yes but to call back Monday. Mon comes along and they tell me its not going to ship till Friday so ultimately I was getting the run around on the actual date of when my dress was going to be shipped. So Amy calls the vendor for me & tells me the real shipping date isn't till 5/23/16 my wedding is 8/13/16 I ordered my dress almost a whole year in advance to avoid a stressful situation and here I am still stuck in it. When I ordered my dress with Caroline back in Sept she knew how much alteration I would need done being that I am very petite... there was no way I would have a dress with alterations done for my bridal portraits let alone my wedding day. You should be very honest with your customers not feeding them lies of what it really going on with their dress if I was told the truth when I ordered my dress that it was going to be that long I wouldn't have ordered it to begin with...When we went to get our refund she said "the dress shipped today" if that was the real case why didn't you call us to let us know? Also why wouldn't you fight giving me a refund if the dress was on its way? Thank god for Alfred Angelo they save the day and I will not be dress less for my wedding. Destiny Bridal has beautiful dresses but definitely not worth the stress.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Erin D

I made an appointment to visit Destiny Bridal about four weeks out. I was informed that I was the only appointment that day, even when I called and confirmed the day of. When I got there, the completely crowded "boutique"(which is a complete stretch of the word) was about eighty... Read More degrees inside and my party of three automatically began sweating. There was one frazzled employee. I checked in at the desk, and was informed that Marilyn, who I was told would be taking my appt, had to leave. The sales associate told me that she was the only girl working and she had two other brides coming in thirty minutes after I got there "so it's going to be kinda hectic"(her exact words)...which was already off to an unsettling start. She crammed my mother and MOH into a tiny corner and was told that the "big bridal mirror" should empty out soon...and it never did. After waiting for literally forty-seven minutes for my "associate" to gather my dresses, I finally tried some on in the coat closet they call a fitting room. After the third dress, an hour after my appt time should have began, the employee completely disappeared for over ten minutes, leaving me literally sweating in a ballgown. I had to have my MOH and my mother get me out of the dress because the employee was nowhere to be found. On my way out of the "boutique", the frazzled employee came out to my car and gave a half-ass apology and said I should consider making another appt, to which I responded that I would never be back to this unorganized of an establishment especially considering I had made the appointment so far in advance to avoid all this. From the reviews I read, I was really excited to come to Destiny, but was met solely with utter disappointment. San Antonio brides, there are WAY nicer, classier boutiques that are staffed with knowledgeable associates that will treat you like you're actually worth the few thousand you will be spending there - don't even waste your time at a "boutique" like Destiny.

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Melody G

Caroline was amazing! Incredibly knowledgable on fit, style, and everything available in their shop that would compliment my body and personality. She made me feel super comfortable and helped me find the perfect dress! The experience was one I will treasure forever in my... Read More journey to my wedding day. Thank you!

2016-03-14T16:36:00 Response from the vendor

Thank You for your great review, I truly appreciate it!!!! Please send us pictures!!!! Best Regards Caroline

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Diana C

My journey with Destiny Bridal started in September 2014 with Anna. After countless hours of looking on pinterest at different wedding gowns, I knew 2 things; I wanted something all lace & I wanted something unique. I stumbled across this gorgeous essense of australia vintage... Read More lace gown online. I just had to find out where I could try it on locally. After searching on the essense of australia website for vendor locations, the information for Destiny Bridal appeared. It was an extremely convenient location to go to and I couldn't wait to try it on. During our initial visit, Anna made me feel so comfortable. I tried on that gown along with many others. I played with different veils and belts. The customary vision Anna had was awesome. She really let me play dress up. I was completely at ease throughout the whole trying on process. Sure enough, the gown I originally went into Destiny's for was THE ONE. I couldn't believe it. I really valued all of Anna's advice that she gave me. Since purchasing the dress, Destiny's has openly communicated with me and I have not ran into 1 hiccup. From finding my bridal gown with Anna...to ordering the bridesmaids dresses with the other ladies of the team...to the tuxes with Ed...to the alterations with Jane & Sissy... and lastly the in between moments & my customary veil with the owner, Maria. Everything has been seamless. Sissy & Jane is who I have worked with most recently these last 3 months for my alterations. They have been so sweet and accommodating. It's remarkable, the work that they can do. All of the staff members at Destiny's Bridal are truly a master at their craft. They are all a delight and I would recommend them to any future Mrs! I can't wait to wear my gown & custom veil at my wedding on November 20th, 2015. Yes, that is 3 days away!! :) Thank you Maria & The Team at Destiny's! I was mega blessed to have such a wonderful experience! Warmest Regards & Best Wishes, Diana

2015-11-19T15:21:48 Response from the vendor

Diana, I can believe it! The beautiful day is finally here... We are so happy for you, Please don't forget the pictures for our "wall of fame" much blessings to you and as of tomorrow your husband. From all of us at Destiny Bridal.

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

I was in Destiny Bridal last weekend and took my mom and 3 of my bridesmaids who all came out of town with me to look for a dress. I told Rosie (my sales lady) what style I was looking for and she brought me wonderful options. I fell in love with two dresses and had a difficult... Read More time choosing and Maria was so sweet and helped me so much during my difficult decision! Needless to say, I found my dress and it's absolutely beautiful! They have some wonderful choices and provide nothing but the best service!! I am so appreciative for all of their help and patience and recommend them to anyone looking for a dress in San Antonio! Both Maria and Rosie are the sweetest and so wonderful!!!

2015-11-19T15:16:29 Response from the vendor

Knottie, We appreciate your kind words, we are looking forward to seen more of you at the store. we strive to continue looking for ways to improve on our service. Best regards and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Lauren H

Rosie helped me find my wedding dress in 1 DAY! They took me without an appointment and did not make me feel uncomfortable or rushed at all! I was not pressured into making any decisions and they were able to order my dress right away!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Sydney P

Michelle helped me find the perfect dress at the Live Oak location! She was so warm, kind, and made me feel very comfortable! It was a great experience with my family. THANK YOU MICHELLE! :)

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Marlena P

After feeling defeated, insecure, Down, and confused. I made an unplanned visit to Destiny's. At this point not knowing what I was looking for nor what I wanted. I met Caroline and surprisingly she did not lose her patience because I couldnt explain what I wanted. She was... Read More patient enough to start from scratch and try different types of silhouettes. She made me feel so comfortable and was so determined to help me find the one!! I ended up finding my dress I will marry my Fiancé in and am so excited. I am forever thankful for what she did for me that Day. Throughout this journey of Bridal shopping I had never felt like a Bride until I came to Destiny's. If your looking for your wedding dress I would definitely stop by Destiny's!!!

2015-11-11T13:23:51 Response from the vendor

It warms my soul to know that I was able to really help you create a memory that you can share many years from now. I love all of all my brides, and try to provide them all with the best me I can. Please... Read Less Read More

Everything turned out great but it was a bit of a cluster getting there.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Misti F

We began working with a gentleman at Destiny Bridal who happened to be the owners son, he was fantastic. He was helping me with all the issues we were having with Jim's Formal Wear. Many of our groomsmen were having issues going to the locations outside of San Antonio, that... Read More the Jim's website said carried Jim's Tuxedos in their zip code and they would show up and the place would no longer be a Jim's Formal Wear retailer. The gentleman we were working with ended up leaving Destiny Bridal and we were left to work with the owner. There was a lot of miscommunication after his departure. It became very frustrating and stressful for me as the bride. Everything worked out and the guys looked amazing in their blue tux/suit, it was just a stressful route getting there. If Jim's Formal Wear would update their website that too may help but not certain I would go that route again unless I knew for a fact the website had been updated.

2015-11-11T13:21:31 Response from the vendor

Mistimay, I am sorry for your bad service at the other locations that your groomsmen went to, it upsetting that this cause a stress for you when this should have been a easy transaction. We contacted Jims, and had your party corrected, but in all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Brawnlyn B

I feel cheated and lied to. I am Active Duty military and have been living in a different state than my fiance for the past 19 months. I shopped for a dress in my current state and found it for $882, but wanted to find it where the wedding will be so I don't have to worry... Read More about shipping/damages/etc. The owner told me it was the last one since it was discontinued, and could do $881.99. ...Ok. I asked if there was any way to bring the price down. She said she had to make some kind of profit and that she needed to make more room for newer dresses, and I completely understood. We settled on $850 plus tax, so $920. I busted my budget there so now I can't get the shoes, veil, and Honeymoon outfit I originally wanted, which isn't a huge deal but still. It's my wedding day. Realistically, everything's a big deal. I arranged for my mom to pick up the dress the next week. When she got home, she noticed there were greasy stains on the bag that seemed to have seeped to the inside. She immediately checked the dress and it seemed ok, but went back to get another bag. They stated they didn't have another one like it, and gave her a smaller, thinner bag. So now the dress is forced to be scrunched up in a less protective bag. When my mom did that exchange, she noticed in the window that for Veteran's Day ALL dresses in the store were $299. My heart immediately crashed to the floor. I called back the owner and just wanted to get background on the sale and why I couldn't have been informed of it. She stated that she "didn't even know it was going to happen," but that she had "100 discontinued dresses that [she] need[ed] to sell," so it was "just something that got put together." She apologized, saying, "Sorry there's nothing I can do. You already bought your dress. Ok? Alright. Bye." Riddle me this: if you're the owner of a store/budding franchise, how can you not know of an impending sale that will substantially cut your profits the week before it happens? In addition, if you're military friendly enough to have a sale like that, why can't you be military friendly any other time, especially with someone buying a discontinued dress the week before? I get it. It's a business and IF she knew they would have this sale (even though she claims she didn't), she would try to make a profit off of anything that she can. That's something I can understand. However, if that is the case, and she told me something different, that's where I have issues. One of our core values is Integrity, of which she seems to have none. It is just an extremely frustrating situation on top of the fact I found out today that the way my orders are lining up for the next few years, I may not even get to live with my future husband until 2018 because I'll be deploying extremely shortly after my wedding (like I get back from my honeymoon and I'll be gone), and then going to an overseas assignment where he can't follow me. I broke down in tears in the fitting room of a military clothing store. That's $600 that could've gone toward plane tickets so that I can see my fiance more than the 4 times a year that we already do before we no longer have that luxury. Buying the wedding dress of your dreams should be an experience, and not just a business transaction. Since I was not afforded the luxury to purchase it surrounded by my mom, sisters, grandmother and friends, and instead just had to deliver my credit card number over the phone, she could've at least tried.

2015-11-11T13:14:36 Response from the vendor

Miss Brawlyn, First of all I would like to apologize for the bag that your gown was place in, the associate that finished out the transaction with your mom, was unaware of the different bags that we use to protect the gowns for shipment. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Lisa S

Caroline is amazing!! Very professional but kinda like she's known you for years. Very nice from the moment she called to set up an appt to coming in and trying dresses on. Very patient even though I knew what I wanted pretty much. Highly recommend.

2015-09-08T17:25:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, it is always pleasure working with my brides and their families!!!! XOXOXO Send us pictures!!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Rachael C

I just picked up my dress from Destiny Bridal, and am absolutely thrilled. When I entered the boutique for the first time, I was given a very warm welcome by several friendly staff members, and after briefly describing the type of dress I was looking for, I was immediately given... Read More many options that perfectly matched what I had in mind. They understood me right away and had only my best interest at heart. They were incredibly accomodating when I detailed what I liked and disliked about each dress, until I found one that I fell in love with. Two fittings later, after several alterations to make it fit me perfectly, I feel as though this dress was made for me. The entire process was a pleasure, every member of staff I encountered went above-and-beyond in terms of kindness and warmth, the love they showed me made me feel truly cared for. I couldn't be happier with the dress I have chosen, the skill of the seamstresses, and the level of service that I received. If I could rate higher than five stars I would.

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Annette L

My daughter and I had the most wonderful experience at Destiny Bridal. My daughter didn’t know exactly what she wanted but had an idea of the shape of the dress she thought would look nice on her. Maria was our consultant (and is also the owner) and was absolutely fabulous.... Read More She listened carefully to all that my daughter told her and pulled dresses that she thought would both please her and flatter her figure. She found my daughter the PERFECT gown. It’s beautiful and flattering and looks stunning on her. Maria was so sincere and compassionate when she found out that my daughter would not have her father walking her down the aisle, as he passed away when she was a young child. It was a very emotional moment but Maria handled it with care and empathy. Destiny Bridal has a magnificent array of distinctive bridal gowns which was exactly what we were looking for. The care and service afforded us made this experience one we will remember forever. My daughter was treated like royalty and we were incredibly pleased with the personal service we received. We went there not knowing what to expect and left feeling like we were “friends” with Maria. Maria, thank you for all you did for us. Your boutique is fabulous and so are YOU!

2015-08-03T18:43:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, it a blessing for us to be of service to our brides. My gold is to make every bride experience a time they will always remember. Best regards, maria

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Chelsea S

On Monday I said YES to my dress, thanks to Destiny Bridal! Friday afternoon, Christiana helped me pick out and try on dresses. After many, many dressed, she got me into a lace Allure gown and that was it, I knew it was the one. Being the indecisive person that I am, I wanted to... Read More sleep on it for a few days before making my decision. When I returned on Monday, she had the day off, but the other staff members were just as welcoming! After trying it on again, I knew it was the perfect dress. I was bummed out that Christiana wasn't there, but her wonderful coworkers texted her right away to let her know that I was back, and had decided to get the dress. I am so thankful to the wonderful people at Destiny Bridal. I can't stop looking at the pictures of me in my dress, and when I do I have the biggest smile on my face. I cannot wait for my big day, and I would highly recommend this boutique to anyone!

2015-07-25T10:58:29 Response from the vendor

Hi! This is Christiana, I was so happy to hear that you came back to order and to see this wonderful review. You look truly amazing in your dress and I cant thank you enough for your kind words. It was such a pleasure working... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 jessi t

Maria and her team are amazing! I came to Destiny Bridal completely discouraged (cried the whole way there!) after several bridal shops that were just not any help. Immediately she made me feel more relaxed and confident in trying things on, I told her what I was looking for and... Read More she actually LISTENED. she pulled them for me...but she also pulled one she thought would fit my shape and style/look I was going for. I ended up falling in LOVE with her pick...and took it home that day, for a very affordable price, half of my budget to be exact. Maria and Christiana were who helped me find the dress of my dreams- they turned it into the experience of a lifetime when it easily could have gone the other way and I can't thank them enough! A big plus to this store is the size/style ratio! They have a huge size range with quite a few dresses in each size which believe it or not in the bridal world is hard to find!

2015-06-30T16:25:17 Response from the vendor

Hi! This is Christiana, I just wanted to thank you for your kind words. We are so happy we could help you find your gown and that you had such a pleasant experience. We are here for anything else you might need. Thank you again!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Vicky Q

After trying on many dresses at other shops, I went into Destiny Bridal with a deflated spirit. I gave a brief description of what I was looking for and a few moments later I found myself trying on what would become THE dress. The team at the shop is wonderful and went above... Read More and beyond to make sure I was happy 100% of the way. I truly enjoyed my experience at Destiny Bridal.

The WORST Boutique Experience!

Reviewed on 2/11/2015 Jazmine A

As a Bride I was extremely excited about dress shopping as it is a monumental moment. I had searched in quite a few different boutiques to find the perfect dress. Originally I had thought was at Destiny Bridal where the employee Caroline helped us. It wasn't until I told her I... Read More wasn't going to put the down payment due to wanting to search for other dresses that there whole demeanor changed. It got worse once one of my bridesmaids who cam 8hrs from out of town to see me in the dress and to get her own dress. Caroline made comments about how "We are lucky she was not busy" when I asked her to try on the dress. She was very rude to us and only cared about the business which I have never had in any of my encounters with wedding vendors. It was absolutely awful. We later called to find out about the one dress we did put money on for a bridesmaid to see what we can do where they then told us to call the owner. Being a Supervisor for over 9 stores I have had my share of angry guests and one thing you do not do is interrupt the guests or assume you already knew the situation which she did. She kept mentioning that it is a business and they are not there to be seamstress. That she never gets complaints about Caroline and they are there to run a business. I was very put off by this as we were simply trying to explain our poor experience and what our options are in no way a rude demeanor being that I know what that is like. Finally after her being extremely defensive was when she gave us our options. DO NOT GO HERE! I WOULD GIVE THEM A 0 BUT I CANT.

2015-05-26T12:46:21 Response from the vendor

I am sorry that you are displeased with my services while at Destiny Bridal, and I wish that you would have brought your complaints to my attention when you were at the store, I feel that I went above and beyond to try to accommodate... Read Less Read More

Great experience

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Laura G

I just went in yesterday to look for a dress and I found one!! After doing some researching online, I knew that my dress would be a Maggie Soterro or Soterro & Midgley hence the reason I went to Destiny's Bridal who carries that designer. When I arrived, I was nervous but... Read More Marilyn helped me feel comfortable and she helped me find the PERFECT dress. Of course it hasn't arrived yet but because I had such an enjoyable experience, I couldn't wait to write a review!

2015-05-26T12:15:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for shopping with Destiny Bridal and for taking the time to write this wonderful review about Marilyn. We will call you as soon as your dress comes in, until then please feel free to call us for updates.

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 3/04/2015 Cassidy S

Me and my bridal party went to Destiny's Bridal only with the intention of looking. Maria was an absolute delight. Upon trying on my second dress, I knew it was the one. Maria made sure we got a dress that fit within our budget. When I said I want this dress I'll take this one,... Read More she wouldn't let me purchase it until I said I LOVE THIS DRESS THIS IS MY DRESS! They have several beautiful dresses to choose from.

2015-05-26T12:13:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Destiny Bridal and thank you for the opportunity in this happy occasion.

A great shopping experience

Reviewed on 3/14/2015 Leah F

We purchased the bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses, and invitations at Destiny Bridal. On every occasion, the staff was welcoming and professional, and very helpful. I would highly recommend that you look here first.

2015-05-26T12:12:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Destiny Bridal!

Maria Leon

Proud to able to live out my dream!!!!