Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Fashion

12651 Vance Jackson, San Antonio, TX

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Mickala T

While on vacation from Alabama, my family decided on an impromptu wedding dress hunt. Destiny Bridal was our second stop in San Antonio. It was also our last. I could not leave behind the Maggie Sottero fully beaded dress with the tulle and organza skirt. Thank you ladies for... Read More the time and support. The dress was spectacular!!!

2016-04-18T11:43:43 Response from the vendor

We are so excited you came to visit us and find the dress of your dreams. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Valerie V

I had 3 appointments this past Saturday. I was tired and just had a bad experience with my 2nd place of choice. Well, I walked into Destiny Bridal and was greeted by Molly. She made my experience the absolute best! She made it fun and ALL about me. :D The gowns were so... Read More different and stunning. When I said yes to the dress...there was a feeling that I will never forget and I owe it Molly and Destiny Bridal's owner. They made my large entourage of 8 girls feel so welcomed. Thank you so much for everything! I definitely saved the best for last!

2016-04-18T11:35:02 Response from the vendor

I m so happy you found what your heart was looking for. I had so much fun with you and your girls. Don't forget about bridesmaids, I would love to see you all again! Congratulations! MH

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Alex Z

After looking at top known bridal stores I came across destinys bridal and was warmly greeted and I found my dress right away! I only had 6 months till my wedding and they gave me the reassurance I needed to get my dress on time.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Ivory M

Maria and Kathryn SAVED my wedding!!! I was in quite the pickle with 6 days to go to my wedding and my original couture Eva Milady wedding dress turned out to be a hot mess! I was so sick to my stomach about it that I was calling around trying to find another dress. Kathryn... Read More answered the phone and was pleasant and helpful from the get go. I drove 3.5 hours the next day and found the most gorgeous Maggie Sottero dress. It was brand new! No one had even tried it on yet ! Maria the owner sold me that dress straight off the rack!! Lets just say she blessed me that day. She even offered to drive it to Austin if alterations were not done in time. She is truly a caring person. She and Kathryn made sure that I looked as beautiful as possible for my Big Day. I have never felt more beautiful than I did in that dress.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hailey E

I have LOVED working with the ladies at Destiny Bridal on my wedding dress and bridesmaid's dresses! They have kept me posted every step of the way on my order status, fittings, and delivery. I have full confidence in their whole team, and I can't wait to take my wedding dress... Read More home! I am so happy I found my dream dress at such an awesome place! Their selection of dresses (bridal and bridesmaid) is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alure G

Best place I have shopped for my bridal gown. I was very careful and read all the reviews in advance of making appointments. Even though there are a few negative reviews for Destiny, I decided to give it a try anyway. By far, the best experience of all. i went to Bella... Read More Bridal, Julian gold, Mayfair & Impression (ummm, don't bother going to Impression--snotty people and all the dresses are cheaply made). My sales person was amazing and I found the dress of my dreams! Thank you Destiny Bridal

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lauren N

Okay. At first, my experience was not the best but that was soon distracted by their alterations shortly after. My wedding date is 10/29/16 and I scheduled my appointment on 03/14/16 so I would have more than enough time to get it in and not have to worry about it since I am 2... Read More hours away. I came to my appointment and also had one that day at Julian Gold. I decided to get my Maggie at Destiny along with a cathedral veil and bolero for the ceremony, all totaling to a whopping $3,400 which my mom paid in FULL. As my mom was paying and signing for everything, the associate told us that she would call us later that day to give me an ETA, they did not. I called them two weeks after and I immediately got a bad feeling about my mom paying in full. I called back and it seemed like every time I called, they forgot my name and whoever I had to speak with was coincidentally not there. I called every month to at least get some sort of date of the arrival and all I got was "Well honey, your wedding isn't until October 29th so you have time". No one ever called me back and it was always me calling. Around May my gown came in with the veil, but not my bolero nor did they have any sign of my bolero. I came to pick up my gown and I tried it on and took it home with me. I called shortly after and scheduled a fitting a month after and still no sign of my bolero. This is when the storm hit and my experience went down the hill. My bolero finally came in and Jane physically fitted me her self in the gown and pinned me on the sides and front hem and said at the next appointment she will fix the bustle. She wrote down my name on her book for August 18th for my second fitting. I came in that day and once I told them my name they did not seem to know who I was nor did they know why I was there. Jane was around the corner steaming gowns and told my mom and I to take a seat so we sat down and watched her steam for 15 minutes. No one seemed to know why I was there and the owner came up to Jane and they started to whisper and I knew it was about me. Jane gave me her phone and said "Here is Sissy" I asked her "Who is that and why am I talking to her?" I answered and she said "Hi sweetie...Uh could you come back Saturday?" I BLEW UP. I said no I cannot, I drove 2 hours to get here and you are helping me out today. I waited 2 hours and she brought in my gown and would not stop sucking up to me. Nothing was done after my last pinning. She pinned me and scheduled me again. I called PRIOR to my appointment and they even called me while I was on my way. They told me Sissy was not there and they again forgot me. It was now September 1st and my bridals were on September 14th. I LOST IT. $500 in alterations and they said they'd ship it to me. Long story short, the owner of the salon had no idea what was going on, nor did she believe the alteration ladies story when I told her that they were supposed to direct ship my gown to me after they finished. The owner of the salon physically delivered the gown to me 2 hours away and saved the day for me. THREE weeks after, Jane called me replying to my voicemail I had left asking when they would ship it to me. I explained to her how horrible their communication was and she did not care about my feelings or the fact that she and her alterations employees are the worst. I should have taken my gown, veil and bolero and ran with it and gotten the alterations done where I live. I'd recommend the salon, but NOT the alterations!!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jennifer P

I’m sad that this is the only negative review of our entire wedding process, but it must be written. When I initially called Destiny Bridal, I spoke with Maria and had a great conversation about our wedding and what I was looking for in a dress. When I arrived at my appointment... Read More on April 2nd, Maria took the time to walk around with me and show me all the different kinds of dresses they offered. She was so patient as I tried on (what felt like) the whole store! I ended up finding “the one” and I couldn’t have been happier. As I paid for the dress I noticed a note at the bottom of the receipt saying ”Bridal gown orders can take up to 8 months for delivery. We depend on the designer for actual ship times”. I told Maria I couldn’t sign this…I refused to buy a dress if it could not be delivered by my September 24th wedding date. She looked at her computer and said it was already showing a delivery date of May-June. So, I signed the form and paid in full (my mistake). June 8th I called to get an update on where my dress was, the associate looked up my account and said it showed an arrival date of mid-June and to call back then. June 20th I called and spoke with Maria, she said my account showed a shipping date of July 6th. July 18th I called and spoke with Maria again, she said she was receiving a package from my designer on July 21st and that I should check back then. I call July 21st, and the package was sample dresses from my designer…no trace of my dress. At this point I’m extremely frustrated with getting the runaround so I call my designer’s headquarters and explain my situation. I hear back within a couple of hours from a customer service associate and she tells me that Maria apologizes for the delay, my dress is safe in a warehouse, and she assured me that Maria PICKED to have it delivered on August 5th THAT DAY. I was baffled- why does the store get to choose when a gown arrives when it’s already prepared and just being stored in warehouse? Why did it take her so long to decide to have my gown delivered? Why didn’t Maria just tell me the truth rather than let several dates pass by? I tell my fiancé what has happened and he can’t make any sense of it. My fiancé calls Maria to get an explanation and she squirms around the issue saying she has no choice in the matter…that it’s her computer connected to the designer giving her the date. In talking with a friend who used to work in a bridal boutique we suspect that Maria is in financial trouble and used my full payment in April to pay off debts or order dresses for past brides. Then she counts on future brides coming in and paying so she could order my dress. Whatever the reason, my dress finally did come in August 5th. When I picked it up Maria was conveniently not there for me to address her in person. Interestingly enough, my veil was nowhere to be found. I began the 2-hour car ride home and halfway home Maria leaves me a voicemail that my veil had arrived. Unbelievable! All and all I wish I would have paid attention to those horrific Facebook, Yelp, and Google reviews. They portray Destiny Bridal more accurately than The Knot does.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Bobbie L

Wonderful boutique ! Had an amazing experience. Destiny Bridal was my first and last stop. I love that Maria (the owner) took her time to help me find my perfect dress. She is very KNOWLEDGEABLE and offers a great selection of dresses. I ordered today and will have it in... Read More January. Thank you Maria and Destiny Bridal!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Michael F

Made an appointment for bridesmaid dresses and went in with my MOH and bridesmaid. Not long after being there the owner asked if I already had my dress and I answered yes. She asked where I got it from and when I told her she said that she had probably sold my dress to her and... Read More she hopes "I got it for a good price. She probably paid $50 for it". I'll start by saying that my dress is amazing and I absolutely love it. But this was extremely rude. There was a bride shopping with her family while I was there and after they left she was making really nasty comments about them to her coworker in Spanish (because she assumed I couldn't speak it). Very unprofessional and she lost out on my bridal party's business.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Lindsey L

She was very rude and pushed and pushed for me to buy when I didn't even like the dress very much. Because I'm plus size there were only 3 dresses for me to try on. I worked directly with the owner.

2016-09-17T14:58:25 Response from the vendor

I'm sorry you feel that way, We in no way want you purchase something you don't want. Keep in mind that your wedding is around the corners and your budget is not what we have. I did let you know about the "other place who... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Briana H

Wonderful boutique! The owner took care of me and my mom when we went in and I ended up purchasing the second dress I tried on. I continued to try on 28 more at other locations, but I came back for it! And she totally knew I would! They also did an amazing job wrangling my over... Read More zealous mom and their alteration ladies did a spectacular job on my relatively complicated dress!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Erica P

I love the variety of dresses this shop has! My sister purchased her dress here, and even though our dress styles are completely different, I made sure to book an appointment with this shop first. I love that it is very small, and the consultants make sure you find something... Read More that you're absolutely in love with. After I said yes to the dress the owner offered myself and my family some champagne to celebrate. The ladies that do the alterations on the dresses are amazing as well!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Therese P

It was easy finding my dress and had so many compliments on it. The service was good and alterations were good and quick. (It was during winter season.) Had a little freak out with the veil. Was told there were back orders and shipping delays from the maker. In the end, I did... Read More receive it before the wedding date.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Katie S

Bought my wedding dress here off the rack after going to 5 different bridal shops. I tried on a ton of dresses at other shops and couldn't find anything I was absolutely in love with, and dress shopping in general was overwhelming, I wasn't sure what I wanted anymore. At Destiny... Read More Bridal, Caroline was very attentive and was able to discern what I liked off of my vague ideas. After trying on about three dress there I found the one. Bought my dress and veil here, both were absolutely stunning and the service was great. Also, their alterations in shop were easy and extremely detail-oriented. My dress fit perfectly and was pressed and ready to go. Thanks Destiny!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Natasha C

Sad to say that I fell in love with a dress and in the end it ended up being a complete disappointment/stress. I ordered my dress back in 9/19/15 was told it would arrive in 6-8 weeks(yes Maria I know "dresses never come in that fast") that came & passed called in Jan about it... Read More was then told it would arrive in April. I called in April to check on my dress& when I gave my name to the owner Maria I was told "I never heard your name before let me check on your dress" thinking I was going to be put on hold she hung up. My mom calls & another girl told her it was shipping 4/18 but when Maria finally called me back she told me 4/28...again I call on the 28th to make sure it was shipped I was told yes but to call back Monday. Mon comes along and they tell me its not going to ship till Friday so ultimately I was getting the run around on the actual date of when my dress was going to be shipped. So Amy calls the vendor for me & tells me the real shipping date isn't till 5/23/16 my wedding is 8/13/16 I ordered my dress almost a whole year in advance to avoid a stressful situation and here I am still stuck in it. When I ordered my dress with Caroline back in Sept she knew how much alteration I would need done being that I am very petite... there was no way I would have a dress with alterations done for my bridal portraits let alone my wedding day. You should be very honest with your customers not feeding them lies of what it really going on with their dress if I was told the truth when I ordered my dress that it was going to be that long I wouldn't have ordered it to begin with...When we went to get our refund she said "the dress shipped today" if that was the real case why didn't you call us to let us know? Also why wouldn't you fight giving me a refund if the dress was on its way? Thank god for Alfred Angelo they save the day and I will not be dress less for my wedding. Destiny Bridal has beautiful dresses but definitely not worth the stress.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Erin D

I made an appointment to visit Destiny Bridal about four weeks out. I was informed that I was the only appointment that day, even when I called and confirmed the day of. When I got there, the completely crowded "boutique"(which is a complete stretch of the word) was about eighty... Read More degrees inside and my party of three automatically began sweating. There was one frazzled employee. I checked in at the desk, and was informed that Marilyn, who I was told would be taking my appt, had to leave. The sales associate told me that she was the only girl working and she had two other brides coming in thirty minutes after I got there "so it's going to be kinda hectic"(her exact words)...which was already off to an unsettling start. She crammed my mother and MOH into a tiny corner and was told that the "big bridal mirror" should empty out soon...and it never did. After waiting for literally forty-seven minutes for my "associate" to gather my dresses, I finally tried some on in the coat closet they call a fitting room. After the third dress, an hour after my appt time should have began, the employee completely disappeared for over ten minutes, leaving me literally sweating in a ballgown. I had to have my MOH and my mother get me out of the dress because the employee was nowhere to be found. On my way out of the "boutique", the frazzled employee came out to my car and gave a half-ass apology and said I should consider making another appt, to which I responded that I would never be back to this unorganized of an establishment especially considering I had made the appointment so far in advance to avoid all this. From the reviews I read, I was really excited to come to Destiny, but was met solely with utter disappointment. San Antonio brides, there are WAY nicer, classier boutiques that are staffed with knowledgeable associates that will treat you like you're actually worth the few thousand you will be spending there - don't even waste your time at a "boutique" like Destiny.

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Melody G

Caroline was amazing! Incredibly knowledgable on fit, style, and everything available in their shop that would compliment my body and personality. She made me feel super comfortable and helped me find the perfect dress! The experience was one I will treasure forever in my... Read More journey to my wedding day. Thank you!

2016-03-14T16:36:00 Response from the vendor

Thank You for your great review, I truly appreciate it!!!! Please send us pictures!!!! Best Regards Caroline

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Lauren H

Rosie helped me find my wedding dress in 1 DAY! They took me without an appointment and did not make me feel uncomfortable or rushed at all! I was not pressured into making any decisions and they were able to order my dress right away!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Diana C

My journey with Destiny Bridal started in September 2014 with Anna. After countless hours of looking on pinterest at different wedding gowns, I knew 2 things; I wanted something all lace & I wanted something unique. I stumbled across this gorgeous essense of australia vintage... Read More lace gown online. I just had to find out where I could try it on locally. After searching on the essense of australia website for vendor locations, the information for Destiny Bridal appeared. It was an extremely convenient location to go to and I couldn't wait to try it on. During our initial visit, Anna made me feel so comfortable. I tried on that gown along with many others. I played with different veils and belts. The customary vision Anna had was awesome. She really let me play dress up. I was completely at ease throughout the whole trying on process. Sure enough, the gown I originally went into Destiny's for was THE ONE. I couldn't believe it. I really valued all of Anna's advice that she gave me. Since purchasing the dress, Destiny's has openly communicated with me and I have not ran into 1 hiccup. From finding my bridal gown with Anna...to ordering the bridesmaids dresses with the other ladies of the team...to the tuxes with Ed...to the alterations with Jane & Sissy... and lastly the in between moments & my customary veil with the owner, Maria. Everything has been seamless. Sissy & Jane is who I have worked with most recently these last 3 months for my alterations. They have been so sweet and accommodating. It's remarkable, the work that they can do. All of the staff members at Destiny's Bridal are truly a master at their craft. They are all a delight and I would recommend them to any future Mrs! I can't wait to wear my gown & custom veil at my wedding on November 20th, 2015. Yes, that is 3 days away!! :) Thank you Maria & The Team at Destiny's! I was mega blessed to have such a wonderful experience! Warmest Regards & Best Wishes, Diana

2015-11-19T15:21:48 Response from the vendor

Diana, I can believe it! The beautiful day is finally here... We are so happy for you, Please don't forget the pictures for our "wall of fame" much blessings to you and as of tomorrow your husband. From all of us at Destiny Bridal.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Sydney P

Michelle helped me find the perfect dress at the Live Oak location! She was so warm, kind, and made me feel very comfortable! It was a great experience with my family. THANK YOU MICHELLE! :)

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Brawnlyn B

I feel cheated and lied to. I am Active Duty military and have been living in a different state than my fiance for the past 19 months. I shopped for a dress in my current state and found it for $882, but wanted to find it where the wedding will be so I don't have to worry... Read More about shipping/damages/etc. The owner told me it was the last one since it was discontinued, and could do $881.99. ...Ok. I asked if there was any way to bring the price down. She said she had to make some kind of profit and that she needed to make more room for newer dresses, and I completely understood. We settled on $850 plus tax, so $920. I busted my budget there so now I can't get the shoes, veil, and Honeymoon outfit I originally wanted, which isn't a huge deal but still. It's my wedding day. Realistically, everything's a big deal. I arranged for my mom to pick up the dress the next week. When she got home, she noticed there were greasy stains on the bag that seemed to have seeped to the inside. She immediately checked the dress and it seemed ok, but went back to get another bag. They stated they didn't have another one like it, and gave her a smaller, thinner bag. So now the dress is forced to be scrunched up in a less protective bag. When my mom did that exchange, she noticed in the window that for Veteran's Day ALL dresses in the store were $299. My heart immediately crashed to the floor. I called back the owner and just wanted to get background on the sale and why I couldn't have been informed of it. She stated that she "didn't even know it was going to happen," but that she had "100 discontinued dresses that [she] need[ed] to sell," so it was "just something that got put together." She apologized, saying, "Sorry there's nothing I can do. You already bought your dress. Ok? Alright. Bye." Riddle me this: if you're the owner of a store/budding franchise, how can you not know of an impending sale that will substantially cut your profits the week before it happens? In addition, if you're military friendly enough to have a sale like that, why can't you be military friendly any other time, especially with someone buying a discontinued dress the week before? I get it. It's a business and IF she knew they would have this sale (even though she claims she didn't), she would try to make a profit off of anything that she can. That's something I can understand. However, if that is the case, and she told me something different, that's where I have issues. One of our core values is Integrity, of which she seems to have none. It is just an extremely frustrating situation on top of the fact I found out today that the way my orders are lining up for the next few years, I may not even get to live with my future husband until 2018 because I'll be deploying extremely shortly after my wedding (like I get back from my honeymoon and I'll be gone), and then going to an overseas assignment where he can't follow me. I broke down in tears in the fitting room of a military clothing store. That's $600 that could've gone toward plane tickets so that I can see my fiance more than the 4 times a year that we already do before we no longer have that luxury. Buying the wedding dress of your dreams should be an experience, and not just a business transaction. Since I was not afforded the luxury to purchase it surrounded by my mom, sisters, grandmother and friends, and instead just had to deliver my credit card number over the phone, she could've at least tried.

2015-11-11T13:14:36 Response from the vendor

Miss Brawlyn, First of all I would like to apologize for the bag that your gown was place in, the associate that finished out the transaction with your mom, was unaware of the different bags that we use to protect the gowns for shipment. I... Read Less Read More

Everything turned out great but it was a bit of a cluster getting there.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Misti F

We began working with a gentleman at Destiny Bridal who happened to be the owners son, he was fantastic. He was helping me with all the issues we were having with Jim's Formal Wear. Many of our groomsmen were having issues going to the locations outside of San Antonio, that... Read More the Jim's website said carried Jim's Tuxedos in their zip code and they would show up and the place would no longer be a Jim's Formal Wear retailer. The gentleman we were working with ended up leaving Destiny Bridal and we were left to work with the owner. There was a lot of miscommunication after his departure. It became very frustrating and stressful for me as the bride. Everything worked out and the guys looked amazing in their blue tux/suit, it was just a stressful route getting there. If Jim's Formal Wear would update their website that too may help but not certain I would go that route again unless I knew for a fact the website had been updated.

2015-11-11T13:21:31 Response from the vendor

Mistimay, I am sorry for your bad service at the other locations that your groomsmen went to, it upsetting that this cause a stress for you when this should have been a easy transaction. We contacted Jims, and had your party corrected, but in all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

I was in Destiny Bridal last weekend and took my mom and 3 of my bridesmaids who all came out of town with me to look for a dress. I told Rosie (my sales lady) what style I was looking for and she brought me wonderful options. I fell in love with two dresses and had a difficult... Read More time choosing and Maria was so sweet and helped me so much during my difficult decision! Needless to say, I found my dress and it's absolutely beautiful! They have some wonderful choices and provide nothing but the best service!! I am so appreciative for all of their help and patience and recommend them to anyone looking for a dress in San Antonio! Both Maria and Rosie are the sweetest and so wonderful!!!

2015-11-19T15:16:29 Response from the vendor

Knottie, We appreciate your kind words, we are looking forward to seen more of you at the store. we strive to continue looking for ways to improve on our service. Best regards and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Marlena P

After feeling defeated, insecure, Down, and confused. I made an unplanned visit to Destiny's. At this point not knowing what I was looking for nor what I wanted. I met Caroline and surprisingly she did not lose her patience because I couldnt explain what I wanted. She was... Read More patient enough to start from scratch and try different types of silhouettes. She made me feel so comfortable and was so determined to help me find the one!! I ended up finding my dress I will marry my Fiancé in and am so excited. I am forever thankful for what she did for me that Day. Throughout this journey of Bridal shopping I had never felt like a Bride until I came to Destiny's. If your looking for your wedding dress I would definitely stop by Destiny's!!!

2015-11-11T13:23:51 Response from the vendor

It warms my soul to know that I was able to really help you create a memory that you can share many years from now. I love all of all my brides, and try to provide them all with the best me I can. Please... Read Less Read More

Maria Leon

Proud to able to live out my dream!!!!

Start a Conversation!