Is this your business? claim it now

Destrehan Plantation

Destrehan, LA

$ – Inexpensive

151-200, 251-300

Barn

13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA (985) 764-9315

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Katie G

What a beautiful location to have a wedding! We held our ceremony under the big oak, and everything looked so gorgeous. Even pictures captured on cell phones came out amazing! The reception in the mule barn was just as amazing. Little decorating needing as it is lit up and... Read More spacious giving an awesome rustic appeal. The staff was great! They catered to my husband and I during the entire reception. And I can't say enough about Ms. Paula. Always available to answer questions, allows you to visit the property without hesitating, and made the whole process easy - without even having a rehearsal!!! We got so many compliments on how beautiful and fun our wedding was. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Marybeth S

Kyle and I could never have asked for a more beautiful place to get married. The mule barn and the grounds are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! The staff and catering were all so great! Ms Paula was there any time of any day for the entire process and our day was simply wonderful! Our... Read More wedding was exactly how we both pictured it and it was all thanks to the wonderful people at Destrehan Plantation! Thank you!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Jennifer T

If you are looking for a Charming rustic southern wedding... look no more! This is it! Mrs. Paula was so helpful from day 1. The price is reasonable and they do catering with Capdeboscq. They WILL not disappoint! The best thing about the venue is that it is already so... Read More charming and you do not need to add much to it. Its already great as it is! All the guests said that it was the BEST and PRETTIEST wedding they've been to! The ONLY thing that I didnt like about this venue is the three hour limit - We moved the party to downtown new orleans so it all worked out perfectly. Other than that fabulous, fabulous!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Allison M

I don't even know where to start. Destrehan Plantation is a little piece of Louisiana history with so much beauty and elegance. Although a little far from the hustle and bustle of the city, it is worth the trip. As soon as my fiance and I pulled into the grounds, we knew it was... Read More the one. Then touring the beautiful mule barn, there was no question. On top of that, Ms. Paula was probably one of our favorite people to work with in the planning process. She is so accommodating and organized and kept track of all of our needs and requests and communicated regularly. The day of the wedding, the ceremony and reception space were everything we pictured. Everything went flawlessly. The acoustics in the barn for live music are the best! The only thing we wish, is that we could have extended our reception time but due to it being a historic site they are very sensitive to any activities that could compromise the beauty of the barn. We cannot rave enough about how amazing of a venue Destrehan Plantation is

Beautiful Barn Atmosphere!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Emily N

The mule barn at Destrehan Plantation is a beautiful space that you can make fit any vision. Ms. Paula, the wedding coordinator, is very helpful and makes herself available to her brides any time they need her. She was very on the ball and even would call to check on me or offer... Read More decorative ideas. She definitely goes above and beyond for her brides and it shows in how beautiful the venue looks and how smoothly everything runs. I was very lucky to have Ms. Paula involved in the planning and execution of my wedding. It was perfect!

Everything I dreamed!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Michelle D

I always dreamed of my wedding ceremony being under a large, beautiful oak and a barn reception. My wedding at Destrehan Plantation was everything I dreamed of and more. Our ceremony took place under the oldest oak on the property, and our reception was in the beautifully... Read More preserved Mule Barn. Paula was so helpful and answered any and every question I had. She also allowed us to visit the plantation several times before the big day to do some planning for decorations and such. All of my guests raved how beautiful my wedding was, and I know a lot of that had to do with the natural beauty of Destrehan's oak trees and Mule Barn.

Everything I envisioned and more!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Jessica B

This venue is perfect! It is wonderfully maintained and kept. The event coordinator is great to work with and is very easy going! My family came all the way from Texas for our wedding and were totally enchanted by Destrehan.

Most perfect wedding venue--my dream come true!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Karly H

I had long envisioned a barn reception and used to daydream about living where that might be possible, and then one day a friend told me Destrehan Plantation had a barn for a reception venue. I looked it up and fell in love. My fiancé and I visited and booked it immediately for... Read More the next available date. The plantation uses an outside caterer with both reasonable prices and amazing food. The on-site coordinator was truly fantastic to work with! Although beautiful in pictures, you must see this charming venue in person. It's absolutely gorgeous! The grounds of this plantation are truly stunning. I received so many compliments from guests on the venue, food, and service and I agreed with them all. I couldn't have envisioned a more perfect setting for our special day and the staff at Destrehan provided the best experience! Highly recommended! Note: Venue is priced separately from the caterer at this location. Both prices were still much more affordable than many vendors in the area I checked.

My wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Emily G

Wow! I had the best day of my life at Destrehan plantation! Ms. Paula and her staff were more than attentive and patient; they were kind and professional. Although my day didn't go exactly as planned due to rain/inclement weather, the staff helped make my day something truly... Read More special and magical. The Mule Barn is an excellent "plan B" for a ceremony if it can't be under the trees outdoors. Many of my guests, who didn't realize the wedding was supposed to be outdoors, had NO CLUE! They thought it was all supposed to be inside the mule barn "because that's how perfect it all came together." I can only thank the Destrehan staff for bringing it all together so beautifully!

Classic Beauty

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Brooklyn

I recently got married at the Destrehan Plantation and it was absolutely perfect. Mrs. Paula was a breeze to work with. The barn is so versatile, you can dress it up or leave it plain for a rustic feel. It was perfect!

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Elvina C

Gorgeous atmosphere.

Beautiful venue, terrible manager

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 M M

I was excited to have such a unique venue for my wedding. Unfortunately the coordinator Paula was no where to be found that day. She was supposed to help the caterer but instead she sat in her office the entire time. In the beginning of the wedding she even rudely asked my... Read More guests, "Is the wedding OVER yet?" I love the mule barn but the coordinator needs an attitude adjustment. She is hard to get in touch with as well. The day before my wedding I went to decorate the barn. (Just a few minor things) Everything that was supposed to already be set up wasn't. Not a thing was done. I ran late for my rehearsal dinner because I could not get in touch with the coordinator to find out what was going on. After hours of trying to reach her she finally called back and said she was busy shopping. I could go on and on but the bottom line is the barn needs a new coordinator. The caterer shouldn't have had to do everything. The caterer was trying her best to make sure everything went smoothly, but unfortunately my mom and mother-in-law missed the cake cutting because it was so rushed and unannounced. I would have loved for them to see this. Other than that, the venue is perfect.

Love the Mule Barn and Oak Trees

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Denise D

Destrehan Plantation Mule Barn is wonderful. My husband and I were married there last month and we loved every minute. The atmosphere was rustic and elegant without being overdone or over-shadowed by one...it was the perfect blend. The ceremony was under the giant Oak Trees... Read More and the reception was in the Mule Barn. The people that work there are so nice and helpful; you can tell they really enjoy their jobs…excellent service. I didn’t do two things but should have…1 – Ask about treating the grounds. The mosquitos were bad but hey it’s outside and Louisiana nothing more to say. 2 – You may want to include a map with your invitations. We had two guests go to the wrong venue (Ormond).