Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and the DC Metro Area!

It's Always About the Details!

The perfect solution for couple planning their own wedding. Become stress-free and enjoy your big day with a Wedding Day Coordinator! We make the planning process easy and enjoyable all while handling the lovely details day of, making your wedding impossibly smooth. Servicing NJ, NY, Philadelphia and the DC Metro Area. Let us make the biggest day of your life, the BEST day of your life!

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

231 North Avenue West, Ste 1B, Westfield, NJ New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and the DC Metro Area! (732) 692-4259

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Liz C

After researching and googling beyond my heart’s desire, I set up three phone calls with potential wedding coordinators. I chose 3 initially just to “cover my bases” but I could tell from the initial correspondence as well as the professionalism, care, timeliness and effort put... Read More into each initial interaction (even the website alone!) that Carla was going to be our choice. While I humored myself and my fiancé with speaking to the others, far and away following our initial phone call, it was clear that no one was a better choice for us to work with. Carla was ultra well organized, super well connected, full of ideas, suggestions and support in the months leading up to our wedding. I was impressed and thought to myself “she’ll be great on our wedding day.” I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS IN FOR. Carla was everywhere on our wedding day, and not just anywhere, but everywhere I needed her to be and definitely even in places I didn’t expect her to be and in places I didn’t know I needed her to be. She was super nice, made everyone feel very comfortable, with an added spunk, humor, the smile you needed and more. She obliged some very last minute and possibly crazy requests from me, ran between multiple locations, and even decorated my cocktail hour (to my taste I might add, which was not easy!). As if she weren’t amazing enough, I had a major snafu with my dress so in addition to being our coordinator, our friend, our best possible resource…. Carla also morphed into my seamstress and by the way also our photographer because she also took some amazing pictures!! Literally she’s superwoman. I have said a few hundred times in the past week since our wedding that she was easily one of, if not THE BEST, choices we made for our wedding. I am looking forward to keeping Carla in my corner and hopefully working with her again in the future and if not that, then certainly as a friend! She has a way of making you and your fiancé feel like you’ve known each other for years. You can tell she loves what she does and has a great deal of pride in her work product. Talented doesn’t begin to describe her. BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY. You won’t regret it!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Susan G

My short review: Hire "Details Made Simple" - it will be the best decision you make while planning your wedding! My longer review: I am a person who likes to be sure EVERY detail is taken into account (i.e. a bit of a control freak). When I entertain at home I like to make... Read More sure every guest is taken of and having a great time, usually forgetting that I should be enjoying the party as well! As many brides out there already know, you will get advice from everyone on just about everything the second you announce your engagement. The same happened for me, but as a control freak, I figured wedding planning would be easy and my wedding would go off without a hitch because naturally, I would be in control and taking care of all the details. And then, I received the best advice and was told to make sure I attended my wedding and did not "work my wedding." I took that advice and found Carla and Details Made Simple. I emailed her for more information and she called me back almost immediately. We chatted about the wedding, my vision, my need for everything to be perfect and when I hung up the phone I was already writing a check for the "Peace of Mind Package"; I assure you this was, by far, the best decision we made. We were married on June 11, 2016 and my wedding day was incredibly relaxing because Carla had it all under control. Any time I had a moment of panic, Carla literally appeared at my side asking what I needed; it was as if she was reading my mind! Her presence and assistance leading up to and on the day of my wedding gave me, my husband, my family, and my bridal party peace of mind that is worth more than money can buy. I was able to attend, enjoy, and soak up my wedding day and know that the details were taken care of. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and will continue to recommend her in the future. Your wedding day is one of the biggest days of your life and Carla and her team will help you enjoy that day to the fullest!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Sonya M

Shade was wonderful as our day of coordinator. Our wedding was a traditional Indian wedding with almost 400 people, so managing the event was not easy. The wedding was in Morristown, NJ but I lived in Northern Virginia so a lot of our communication was via email and phone.... Read More Nonetheless we were able to connect often to exchange all pertinent information. She made helpful suggestions on items she knew I'd prefer to customize, like a seating chart through Etsy. After providing all the vendors and details, she helped me keep my head straight with a feasible timeline. She also brought up food from cocktail hour for my parents and I, which was great because I was starving by 530pm with only coffee and half sandwich in me! She stayed until the bittersweet end of the reception to make sure all our gifts and cards were taken care of and went to our hotel room. My comments: 1) I think she could've had another helper for crowd control purposes. After the ceremony, there was no direction on where guests should proceed to for post ceremony snacks, so 350ish people were quite confused. I got flustered a bit seeing that and wondered why no one was there because we needed to stay in the ceremony hall for pictures with our families. By the time guests reached the post ceremony reception, food was already gone because earlier guests took many items, much more than they should have. I don't know if this is the hotel's fault or not, but if someone else was there to direct people, it would've worked better. 2) Along the same lines for cocktail hour and dinner. People crowded to one side of the food area while the other side was completely open. People later saw there was another side and it did even out. 3) The first two rows were supposed to be saved for bridesmaids and groomsmen ahead of time. 4) Next time in preparing a timeline for Indian weddings more time should be allowed for family photos. This felt very "bumpy" as everyone dispersed after the ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 ELAINE V

For our daughter’s wedding, we chose Kim Martir from Details Made Simple as our “day of” coordinator. When we first met her last year, we were impressed with her organized approach and how well she listened to us. Her pleasant, engaging and confident style convinced us that... Read More she was going to be a great partner. As things began to get busy about three months before the wedding, Kim visited the church and reception venue with us. We found this extremely helpful in validating what had been completed and creating a list of everything that needed to be accomplished by the wedding day. When we changed our minds about the format for our final meeting, Kim was flexible in accommodating our request for an in-person meeting rather than a conference call. It was so helpful having the three of us in the same room as we thought through all the final arrangements. By the time this meeting was over, we were confident all was going to go well…and it did! On the morning of the wedding, we went through a few last minute changes then handed it off to Kim for the rest of the day. Everything could not have gone more smoothly. Even a minor issue with a vendor was handled quickly, professionally and with no impact on us. We enjoyed everything the day had to offer thanks to Kim. We didn’t have to worry about whether the flowers showed up on time or the musicians were in place. We focused on interacting with our guests and the smiling faces of our daughter and new son-in-law. We strongly recommend Kim Martir of Details Made Simple for anyone who wants a stress-free wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Emma C

Shanika was the best! She was so professional and accommodating to all our needs. I had full confidence in her leading up to our big day which took away a lot of stress. The day of she delivered by transforming our venue into a fairytale and handling everything. I was... Read More completely unaware of any issues, if there were any. Alex and I highly recommend DMS and Shanika's services!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Whitney K

Finding a great wedding planner was so important because I planned a New Jersey wedding while living in Seattle, WA. From the moment I received the first email from Candice, I knew I was in great hands. Every time I had a question (and I had lots!) throughout the planning... Read More process, she was quick to respond and always so kind and helpful. We had quite a few phone/skype calls during the planning process. Candice ensured we were always on task. I couldn't have been as calm and relaxed as I was if it weren't for her!! Then came the wedding day....she was unbelievable. I didn't have to worry about a single thing all day. All of my family and all of bridesmaids told me many times how wonderful she was too! I highly recommend Details Made Simple and I hope you're lucky enough to work with Candice!! :-)

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Whitney C

I don’t know where to start. Michele Chu at Details Made Simple, you have been absolutely amazing. My dream wedding wouldn’t have happened without you. In spite of thunderstorms and downpours in the area, Michele kept our vendors from forcing us to have an indoor ceremony,... Read More convinced the setup crew to wait and setup the ceremony last minute, and all this just in time for the rain to break! Our gorgeous ceremony was exactly what I wanted and only outside because of you. You are professional, energetic, and I had a blast working with you. From the very beginning of planning to the very end, you were always there with great advice, recommendations and support. You understood my busy schedule and made the wedding planning process easy. I don't know how anyone plans a wedding without a coordinator, and even more importantly, gets everything done, and on time the day of the wedding without a coordinator. I was not stressed at all because I knew you had everything under control and every detail covered. Thank you for making my wedding a day I will never forget. I highly recommend Michele Chu to be the coordinator of your wedding day or any big event! Sincere thanks and gratitude, Michele (7.14.17, Princeton, NJ).

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Rachel M

This review is long overdue. Carla, LaToyah, and the rest of the team at Details Made Simple made our wedding last month absolutely perfect. Our 200 person wedding was on a family-owned property outdoors. As with any wedding there was obviously tons of prep, but we had the added... Read More work of clearing the ground, mowing the grass (many acres of it), and renting/making everything ourselves. Even without a venue owner, Carla came in and new exactly what to do. She created beautiful flower bouquets, managed all the setup (which looked SO AMAZING!!), and stayed the entire time to keep the schedule flowing and on track. I've planned events before so I was worried about being stressed on the actual day of, but with Carla and LaToyah on site, I knew everything would get taken care of. Ladies, I can't thank you enough. From the first phone call to the final email, you've been nothing but awesome!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Linda J

When we were planning our wedding, we asked some friends who had just gotten married for advice on planning. They suggested we hire Carla as our day of coordinator saying we would not regret it. Sure enough, Carla was amazing; she was a godsend and not just in terms of helping... Read More us plan the wedding, but also keeping us calm and on task. She would check in on us from time to time, asking if we needed anything, she contacted our vendors, and on the day of, she made sure everyone was where they needed to be. Speaking of the day of, it seemed like there was no task that she couldn’t get done! We can’t recommend her enough. If you’re on the fence about hiring a coordinator, trust us: book her!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Kristina B

We got married Aug 12 2017 and had Candice as our day of coordinator at the Addison park in Aberdeen NJ. The price and the reviews were great which prompted me to select them as the company of choice. After our first few email correspondences (at like 2am after my price... Read More request) I knew made a good choice. My pros: the company and Candice knows their process. They information rolled out at the beginning of our interaction was helpful information on tips, schedule , vendor management etc and helped to even keep me organized on who each vendor was and what they were used for in a handy format to share with my parents. it kept my brain in check. Wedding brain is real! The leading up to the wedding discussions we had with Candice really helped clearly state what we wanted out of the day of coordinator role, what we wanted out of our wedding and how to accomplish all that. She definitely heard our concerns and remembered them day of the wedding! Her wedding day timeline was organized down to the minute which was something I would NEVER have done myself. She helped to keep us on track as best as she could leaving for the wedding but even with 2 hair and 2 make up artists for 8 person bridal party we ran a bit late. No harm no foul though because overall I had an AMAZING time at me wedding. I said I wanted to dance and that's what we did! The cons: I would overall recommend Details Made Simple and specifically Candice as she was good but there were cons. for the day of coordination, I think the venue and the party was too large for one person to coordinate alone. (300 people) and that put me at a great disadvantage. I know Candice specifically did not have experience at my venue, and the venue was not particularly helpful with her prep work, but the company did have that experience and I feel someone should have said it would required an assistant, as I would have been more than willing to pay for one. Eventually my mom and aunts helped Candice with whatever she needed to do, but I would have preferred they enjoyed the event. Because I think it was too large for one person, the overall organization was lacking which ruined the timeline we worked diligently on. Speeches were moved, microphone was lost, the MC didn't have his order for the bridal party intros, the first dances moved to after dinner, the rehearsal was late, the limo was late, we almost didn't cut the cake on time but we DID dance. Which is what I wanted. Thank you Candice!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Sylvonne L

Details made simple coordinator, Shanika, was nothing short of amazing! From our very first meeting I knew I was in good hands. We only had 6 months to plan a wedding, I was extremely busy and there is no way it could've been done without her help and resources. She literally... Read More had a solution for every problem that came up. Her connections to different vendors was also very helpful. When our makeup artist couldn't commit, she found another on just a few weeks before the wedding. Her DIY projects also made the venue come to life and gave a personal touch. If I could do it all over again I would choose Shanika and Details Made Simple again!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Marya G

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my wedding day unforgettable! Without you, the day would not have been everything I wanted it to be!! I cannot imagine how we would have accomplished so many aspects of the day without having you there! Once I stepped... Read More into my dress, it was go time and you just stepped right into gear! You effortlessly managed our big wedding party and parents during pictures, held my bouquet or dress when I needed help walking at any point in the day so my Mom and MOH could enjoy themselves, organized the entire processional at the church, helped me with whatever I needed during the reception, and making sure we got all our personal belongings at the end of the night. It was really the little things that you did that amazed me: - finding me bobby pins at the church so I could put the veil in my hair - making sure I always had a drink in my hand at the reception - fanning me when I was dripping in sweat!! - running around to find everyone for all of the College photos during the reception - helping to get the band back on track when I was frustrated with the songs they were playing The list really goes on and on.... So, thank you for helping to make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Tara W

Hiring Shadé Coleman from Details Made Simple was by far the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. About 3 months before our wedding, I was overwhelmed with finalizing the details of our big day. I researched day of coordinators on WeddingWire and the Knot and... Read More decided to contact Details Made Simple. Carla Friday, the owner, contacted me immediately, offering her assistance and reassuring me that her team of professionals would handle everything so we could enjoy time with each other and our family and friends. We had the pleasure of working with Shadé for our May 19, 2017 wedding at The Tides Estate. Shadé was amazing! She was personable and professional; I did not have to worry about a thing on the day of my wedding. My mom (who is very difficult to please) was impressed with her attention to detail and ability to stay calm under pressure. I highly Shadé Coleman (she was worth every penny!) and Details Made Simple; she made everyone feel comfortable and kept our day on schedule and stress free as possible. Thank you :) Love, Tara and Paul

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Meryl W

Michele from Details Made Simple helped organize our wedding day. She was so helpful and so on top of things. It allowed me to not have to think during the night, and truly enjoy myself.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Ariana M

Michele Chu is #1 on my list of Wedding Essentials. Event management has always been a part of my career so when it came time to start planning a wedding I knew how important it would be to have a Day Of Coordinator. When I found Details Made Simple I was excited to find a... Read More company that was affordable and offered exactly the kind of service package that I needed. I worked with Michele Chu and she is literally the only reason the whole day ran perfectly and was as much fun as it was. Michele was AMAZING! She's so great to work with and easy to talk to. She answered all my emails and was always on time for our phone calls. She also gave me advice on what to expect, made recommendations for vendors, helped me schedule my vendors in the right order, and even came for a walk through with our DJ and venue coordinator so she knew what to do and where to go on the day of our wedding which was in a big non-traditional venue. She set up our decorations at the venue, helped receive deliveries, wrangled my excited and high energy family for photos and helped everyone get organized to line up for the ceremony. She even took a few pictures for me with my phone. It was no easy task but she did it all with a huge smile and a genuinely great attitude. I literally can't say enough good things about Michele.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Lauren D

I loved working with Shanika! She was always cheerful and excited to make my ideas come to life. I planned a wedding in NJ from the west coast and can't imagine what the process would have been like without all her help!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Yvonne L

Shanika was truly more than amazing. She was the constant professional. Her personality made it easy to communicate to her our vision and she made sure she understood and expertly executed. Her vendor recommendations were the best for us. All the feedback from our event have... Read More been positive. Our relatives and friends were quite impressed with the high level of organization and everyone enjoyed themselves. The conclusion is that this has been the best event they have ever attended. Thank you for your contribution Shanika.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Perry S

I truly cannot imagine having gone through the wedding planning process without Kim. Knowing she was there for logistical mastery, expert advice, and calm assurance when needed made the planning process less stressful and the day-of that much more enjoyable. Simply, I cannot... Read More recommend Kim and Details Made Simple enough!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Liz D

We worked with Jess from Details Made Simple. From our first meeting she was so calm, pleasant and professional. We had three meetings throughout the planning and then she sent us a very detailed day of timeline. Jess also picked up all of my DIY items from my house the... Read More morning of my wedding and took them to the venue to set up. We had two very different ceremonies on the same day and Jess and Shade handled everything so smoothly. There was a lot going on that they had to stay on top of things happening in multiple locations at the same time. They also somehow managed to keep checking on me and making sure I was okay. We could not have pulled it off without them! I highly recommend their services for any wedding big or small.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Christine M

Hiring Details Made Simple was one of the best decisions I made throughout the planning process. When I first started planning my wedding, there was one thing I knew, and it was that I did not want to be stressed out on my wedding day or worry about a single thing. You spend... Read More over a year dedicating your time to planning the biggest event of your life - you NEED someone that can take charge on the day of for you so that you can take in every moment of the experience. I went with the Peace of Mind Package and had Shanika as my day of extraordinaire. She was magnificent. She followed up with me continuously throughout the planning process to make sure I was on track, she was always on time, and she always made me feel at ease when I had freak outs about dresses, suits, flowers, you name it! Two weeks before the wedding she even told me to have my favors mailed to her so that she could put them together for me since she knows I work full time and each added project was driving me insane. Don't know what I would've done without her! A few hours before the wedding, she drove to the store to buy linens for me since I didn't have the right amount and had a mini panic attack. At one point during the wedding, I think I saw her sewing one of the groomsman's buttons back on his jacket and thought to myself - OK she is amazing AND prepared.Seriously, a lifesaver. If you are hesitating about spending the money, do not even think twice. Worth every penny! THANK YOU SHANIKA!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Travis F

Stay away, such a waste of money. If I could give no stars I would.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Wendy C

There are no words to express how grateful we are to Details Made Simple. Jess was a complete life saver throughout the process and on the day of my son's wedding. I wanted to enjoy the day so I felt we needed help, but I had no idea how much help we needed. Not only did she... Read More keep us and our very large wedding party together, she watched every detail and she did it with such grace and she is so calm and beautiful! She kept us calm because she is so calm. She was literally a life saver. We had many, many small details for the wedding and she looked at everything and got it right. We had to change from an outdoor ceremony to indoor due to rain at the last minute. It was very difficult and disappointing. She did not miss a beat and helped us to make the switch seamlessly! The ceremony ended up being perfect! My second son is getting married next year we need to have Jess at our side for that wedding too. Do not hesitate to have these people involved in your wedding. It was one of the best decisions we ever made. Worth every penny and so much more!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Ralene R

I saw Carla a couple of years ago when she did my best friend's wedding, and I admired how well she did with such a big wedding. So when it came around to mine, I knew to hire Details Made Simple..and it was the best decision I ever made! Our coordinator Shanika was a God send.... Read More We had a big wedding of approx. 320 guests, big bridal party, basically a lot of people involved. But with the utmost grace and professionalism, Shanika made our special day go as smoothly as humanly possible, honestly, I think it went perfect thanks to her. She contacted all of our vendors prior to our wedding, made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and also made sure I didn't lift a finger that day. I can never thank her enough, I never felt like a client, she always made me feel like a long time friend. So thank you, Shanika and Details Made Simple! We couldn't have had the wedding of our dreams without you! Love always, Ralene and Ryan May 28, 2017 Wedding

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Janell M

Our experience with Candice Moore of Details Made Simple was amazing!!! We hired her via the "Peace of Mind" package, which was perfect for us, given that we had already planned most of the wedding ourselves. We really needed someone (in Philly, given that we live in MD) to... Read More direct the day, make sure we stayed on track, be the point of contact for the vendors, etc. Before we even met Candice in person she dove right in and made sure we were organized and on the right track providing great tools and tying up all of our loose ends. The day of the wedding Candice was on it! She was definitely our "right hand woman", and there was no way our day would have been so amazing had it not been for her. We actually had a BALL and got to enjoy every minute of our wedding confidently because everything was so well taken care of, and we cannot thank her enough for that! Thank you so much Candice and Details Made Simple! We wish you much success because what you guys provide is perfect for the modern bride.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jess S

Details Made Simple and Candice are simply amazing. I was married in April in PA and live in OR so I knew long distance planning was going to be difficult. I had signed on with Candice to mainly be there to take care of all the details during the day of the wedding so that my... Read More mom and I could enjoy the day and not deal with all the minor things. What Candice provided was 24/7 OMG I'm freaking out service, she was always thinking ahead an kept me on track with everything. If I needed anything she was there to do. Skype, texts, calls all to get me through planning from a far. The day of Candice checked in with us in the morning, made sure the venue looked as I dreamed (and better), kept us on task for pictures all while dealing with my loud Jersey family. There could of been a ton of things that went wrong but I will never know because Candice really took care of us and made sure we had time of our lives!

Meet The Coordinator

Carla Friday

Carla is proud to call Details Made Simple her own! As a Wedding Day Coordinator, Carla puts her meticulous organizational skills and professional list making to good use, and with years of event planning, graphic design, arts and crafts experience, she is able to make any brides big day memorable. “As the owner of such a unique company, I hold myself and my amazing team to exceeding our client’s expectations on a daily basis. Developing a personal relationship with each bride is the key to making each their wedding perfect and memorable, and this is important to us.” says Carla.