Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and surrounding areas!

It's Always About the Details!

Become stress-free and enjoy your big day with a Wedding Day Coordinator! We make the planning process easy and enjoyable all while handling the lovely details day of, making your wedding impossibly smooth. Servicing NJ, NY, Philly and surrounding areas. Let us make the biggest day of your life, the BEST day of your life!

After Party, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

231 North Avenue West, Westfield, NJ New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and surrounding areas! (732) 692-4259

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Susan G

My short review: Hire "Details Made Simple" - it will be the best decision you make while planning your wedding! My longer review: I am a person who likes to be sure EVERY detail is taken into account (i.e. a bit of a control freak). When I entertain at home I like to make... Read More sure every guest is taken of and having a great time, usually forgetting that I should be enjoying the party as well! As many brides out there already know, you will get advice from everyone on just about everything the second you announce your engagement. The same happened for me, but as a control freak, I figured wedding planning would be easy and my wedding would go off without a hitch because naturally, I would be in control and taking care of all the details. And then, I received the best advice and was told to make sure I attended my wedding and did not "work my wedding." I took that advice and found Carla and Details Made Simple. I emailed her for more information and she called me back almost immediately. We chatted about the wedding, my vision, my need for everything to be perfect and when I hung up the phone I was already writing a check for the "Peace of Mind Package"; I assure you this was, by far, the best decision we made. We were married on June 11, 2016 and my wedding day was incredibly relaxing because Carla had it all under control. Any time I had a moment of panic, Carla literally appeared at my side asking what I needed; it was as if she was reading my mind! Her presence and assistance leading up to and on the day of my wedding gave me, my husband, my family, and my bridal party peace of mind that is worth more than money can buy. I was able to attend, enjoy, and soak up my wedding day and know that the details were taken care of. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and will continue to recommend her in the future. Your wedding day is one of the biggest days of your life and Carla and her team will help you enjoy that day to the fullest!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Stephanie W

I have nothing but positive things to say about Details Made Simple and April Krogstad. We used Details Made Simple for day of wedding planning and everything went extremely well. April was on hand to deal with the vendors and venue to ensure everything was perfect. April was... Read More always available to answer any questions I had about the wedding and vendors. She contacted vendors in advance to ensure the day of timeline was perfect, but was very flexible to last minute changes. The wedding was amazing and I highly recommend Details Made Simple for all of your planning needs.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Sherry V

I didn’t honestly think I needed a wedding coordinator. Most of our vendors were booked and for the day-of coordination we figured we would just have a friend or family member help. But a few months before the wedding a number of wedding tasks were adding up, I was leaving for a... Read More trip, and I needed a second opinion of someone more experienced. We decided a day of coordinator would help ease some of the stress. I was in between two companies. One was pricier however I knew of friends who had used them (which had been key in picking our vendors), the other (details made simple) was more within our budget but I wasn’t aware of anyone who had used them. I spoke to one of my best friends about my dilemma, and as soon as I said the name Carla, she said that was her coordinator and she was amazing! That was all I needed to hear. Carla had been helpful from day one. I went through 5 makeup trials before we met and I told her my frustration in finding an artist, she referred a few and BOOM found my makeup artist, who was simply amazing. The day of the wedding was perfect and everything felt like it went off seamlessly. I’m sure not every single thing went as planned however I never felt that way or I never knew about it, which was key. Carla made sure everything kept moving and all the little/big things we needed were done. She spoke and coordinated with all the vendors. She was so nice and pleasant with everyone. Everyone from our bridal party to relatives to guests took note of how amazing she was in pulling this altogether when our wedding had many different moving pieces. She was just one person but honestly I think she worked and hustled harder than some of the wedding coordinating companies that have teams of 4 or 5 people. She has a calming effect and I think the one of the main reasons I was not stressed at all on my wedding day was because I knew Carla had everything handled and we were in good hands. I cannot say enough good things about Carla and number of people have already asked me about her just by observing her in action. I would recommend Carla and Details Made Simple to any bride, probably one of the best decisions we made!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Jess B

Kim Martir was INCREDIBLE. I felt like she was my best friend through this entire wedding process. Kim thought of everything. She always had a big smile on her face. From the moment we had our first, in-person meeting, I knew Kim was the right lady for the job. She was caring,... Read More considerate, professional, and knew how to handle any delicate issues that might have come up. She was an amazing liaison between all of our vendors, right down to confirm the time they were supposed to arrive on the day of. There was a moment when we thought the maid of honor lost her shoes the day of, and Kim was already googling the closest shoe store and ran out to buy some just in case!! KIM IS EVERYTHING and more. Honestly, if you need someone to just be there for you, choose Kim!!!!! I can't say enough amazing things about this woman. So lovely to work with, and I will be referring her to all of my friends!! THANK YOU KIM!! I'd be lost without you.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Erindira F

We worked with Jess from Details Made Simple and we couldn't have asked for a better day of coordinator! She was really on top of keeping up with all of the tasks that led up to the wedding. We really appreciated how she would follow up with us frequently to make sure that we... Read More stayed on track and kept her informed on what we needed help with and how she could be able to assist. The best part of working with her was her calmness throughout the entire process. It really put us at ease because it showed how she definitely did have everything under control. Jess went above and beyond and helped us with small projects that brought our wedding to life. For example, she offered to create ceremony program fans for us which we at first did not consider doing because of the time they took to make. She made the suggestion, we bought the materials, she picked them up and created a lovely addition for our ceremony! One other thing that we valued was that she kept our budget in mind when recommending vendors and services. This was very beneficial to us because although we weren't on a super tight budget she still helped us save a lot of money that we otherwise would have spent on services and vendors who we weren't sure about. She also met us in person several times to visit venues, discuss details and offer any advice that we may have needed. This truly helped us build trust in our working relationship with her and made us feel extremely comfortable with her work. She is very reliable and I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs that additional expert assistance/support throughout the wedding planning process as well as the day of!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jacqueline B

I do not even know where to begin on how incredible Details Made Simple is! From recommending top notch vendors, keeping us on track to get everything done, helping with tasks such as making our out of town bags and guiding us through every step... Details Made Simple was the... Read More best decision we EVER MADE. Having a day of planner is affordable and worth EVERY CENT. The day of my wedding I enjoyed every moment knowing that Carla had everything under control including making sure my vendors were there, everything was set up correctly, switching my ceremony from outside to inside, handing out all of my final payments ALL WHILE attending to my and my grooms every need. THIS WILL BE THE BEST DECISION YOU EVER MADE DURING YOUR WEDDING PLANNING PROCESS! PROMISE!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Olivia T

Working with Details Made Simple was one of the best decisions we made in planning this wedding. We got married in Philadelphia this spring, and as thrifty and absurdly detail-oriented people planning an atypical wedding, we were neck deep in the details and trying to cut... Read More costs... but we needed help. In the end, working closely with Kim was essential to pulling off what ended up being an amazing amazing day. With her wealth of experience and insight, we were able to execute our peculiar vision with ease. She was with us 100% along the way, willing and excited to help us make the day exactly what we wanted -- however weird it may have been at times! On the day-of, she took care of executing all the details, carrying all the things and all of my lists, and having all the little extra things that we didn't know we needed! When my fake flower bouquet never arrived, she magically produced pins out of her bag and helped my bridesmaid assemble a beautiful bouquet out of extra flowers. On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about anything besides having fun and hanging out with our guests. From the moment the events started until the final guest left we felt a sense of calm enabled by our complete trust in Kim! I was so sad she had to leave at the end of the night because she was also a lot of fun to work with too!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Lauren R

I was so happy that I had a day-of wedding coordinator! They truly give you that peace of mind that every bride needs on her big day. I was so worried about all of the details coming together, decor set-up, etc. and that was all handled! Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Courtney K

Kim from details made simple was wonderful! The best money you will spend on your wedding! I could not imagine the day without her there! She's the best friend you want by your side on your wedding day ! She helped with decoration set up, last minute music changes, my ripped... Read More bustle, keeping pictures on time, organization and clean up at the end of the night, and my overall sanity... to name a few things! I highly recommend Kim from details made simple!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Caroline C

I had no idea that a wedding can be so chaotic. My day started off hectic and crazy with so many last minute things to do that seemed to popped out of nowhere. However, as soon as I got the the venue, was met by Carla and her assistant, I was immediately at ease. She took care... Read More of everything with such calm (we had left out a whole table from our reception seating chart among other things!). We did not have to worry about ANYTHING - Carla took care of everything. We were able to fully enjoy our very special day. I would plan a wedding and get married again and again as long as Carla can be by my side! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Lauren W

BOOK DETAILS MADE SIMPLE! It will be the best decision you make in the wedding process. Carla was our day of coordinator for our wedding in Northern New Jersey. She was so incredibly helpful both during the planning process and on our wedding day! If we had any questions or... Read More needed any recommendations, Carla was there with answers, ideas, and suggestions. I was so grateful for our Skype meetings that helped ease my anxiety about the whole day. The week before, she confirmed with our vendors that everything would go according to plan and reached out to our venue regarding the timing of everything. On our wedding day, Carla was there organizing our processional, photo wrangling, making sure everything at our venue was set up correctly (a major help since our contact at the venue quit 2 weeks before our wedding), and just so much more. At the end of the night, all we had to do was get in the car! Carla had already packed everything and ensured that we left with everything that we needed. I can’t thank or recommend Carla and Details Made Simple enough. ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Melissa S

Partly through my wedding planning process, I realized that I was out of my mind and kidding myself if I didn't coordinate the help of a professional. I searched "Day of Coordinators" in northern NJ, and the stellar reviews of Details Made Simple prompted me to contact the... Read More company. Shortly thereafter, I received a message from Kim Martir; she and I scheduled a call to discuss my event. Kim spent SO much time with me on the phone understanding my event and my needs, and she was just so comprehensive and full of advice. She was so kind and funny on the phone, and I thought that if she's that thorough to someone who she's just consulting who hasn't even committed to her services, I can't imagine how wonderful of a Day of Coordinator she would be. Without a doubt, the best money I spent on my wedding is having Kim and DMS part of my day. Leading up to the event, Kim and I did a walk through of the venue, spoke on the phone, and emailed/texted a ton; she was always available and her accessibility is exactly what you want when you're trying to coordinate a big event. Words can't describe just how much Kim and Jess - the second Day of Coordinator - helped me and how much stress of mine they relieved by being so organized and on top of their games. Even at the church rehearsal - which Kim didn't necessarily have to help me with - I was digging through my emails and couldn't find something I needed; I was getting frustrated and finally just texted her asking her to resend it to me. Within a minute she had already sent it to me! It's things like that that reinforce how much of a help she was, and I honestly can't imagine not having her involved. On the day of the wedding, she and Jess were there to coordinate vendors, the bridal party, family members, and just about everything else. They also took on the probably annoying role of fielding questions all night; anytime someone came up to me, I had the luxury of just pointing them in Kim's and Jess's directions and they were more than happy to help and take on the responsibility. Both were so wonderful, and I honestly felt selfish and spoiled asking them for so many favors and them happily agreeing. Kim has such a kind demeanor and a nice personality that it was sincerely like having my friend help me out with my wedding. At the end of the night, she packed up all of the stuff that was mine and had it ready for me to go. Perhaps not everyone requires a coordinator, but if you are even considering one, the amount of time you can spend focusing on enjoying your big day is far increased by having someone like Kim or Jess by your side sorting out all of the details. I couldn't have been happier with DMS and would recommend them without hesitation. As lame as it sounds, I'll miss Kim and working with her!! Thank you SO much!!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Despina A

Without Carla, I would have been lost. I decided I needed a day-of-coordinator 3 months before my wedding. She provided the guidance I needed to make my wedding day run smoothly. Some of what she helped with is starting a dialogue with my vendors, helping create a timeline,... Read More buying fabric from hobby-lobby to decorate the bathroom at my venue, and helping pinup my wedding dress because it was dragging even with the bustle. She is professional, efficient, sophisticated, talented, made sure every detail was taken care of, was there when I needed her, and she eased my mind. She really works for you and puts her "all" in making sure that your day goes as planned. I can't say enough about her and Details Made Simple.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Stephanie S

Kim Martir at Details Made Simple was absolutely AMAZING!!! I cannot possibly say enough good things about how helpful and responsive she was from our first contact! I used Kim as a day of coordinator and I have told so many people it was the best money I spent in my wedding... Read More planning and she was worth her weight in gold. She provided assistance/advice/insight on all my random questions about everything from my mom's urgent need for a bra that worked with her dress to planning the ceremony to helping us have an unplugged ceremony to having umbrellas available when we thought it might rain to sewing on my husband's suit button when he popped it off before we got to the ceremony (we called her from the car on the way there, she asked what color thread and met us as we pulled up, needle in hand) to making sure my dad had his dancing shoes ready to change into before our first dance. My day was so much more enjoyable and relaxed because I didn't have to worry or even give a second thought to anything I knew Kim was taking care of- and she took care of everything I asked her to and so much more that I didn't even think to ask her to. I fully intend to tell anyone I know who gets married in the future that they may not know it yet, but they need Kim to be their day of coordinator.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Kim L

My advice to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator for their wedding...BOOK NOW. I had the pleasure of working with Shadé for my October 14th wedding at Place on the Lake. Working with Shadé was the best decision I could have made. She was incredibly knowledgeable,... Read More on-point, and so personable. The one thing that really stinks about my wedding being over is that I feel as if I lost a really good friend! I saw Shadé every month leading up to the big day; so it feels weird to not be driving up to Westfield to meet with her. I'm actually really sad! A tip that I would give when working with Shadé is to be completely honest and open. There are no weird questions when working with her. No concern too taboo. She never made me feel stupid when I came to her with a concern or just a simple question on etiquette; which I appreciated since this was my first time...so I had no idea. You can only learn so much from reading The Knot! Also: I'm not really confrontational, so she was able to play the part of 'bad cop' for me when a vendor was trying to brush me aside and give me the short end of the stick. Day-of she was a blessing. Everybody thought she was amazing – even my aunt who was completely against me hiring a wedding coordinator was amazed. Shadé was zipping around while my husband and I got to enjoy our day. She completely took the stress off of my husband and I – and also my mom and bridal party – so I really appreciated that. Long story short, Shadé was a blessing to work with. If you're looking for a young, fun, serious and knowledgeable wedding coordinator who goes above and beyond what is expected. Who is there to help guide you through every emotional spectrum expected of a bride-to-be (frazzled to relaxed), Shadé is it. The girls at Details Made Simple were amazing. You'd be silly to not call them for your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 B W

Details Made Simple was a great choice for our day of wedding coordinator. We worked with Candice and she was amazing, super helpful and very responsive and professional. She truly got to know us and did everything within her power to make our day truly special and carefree so... Read More we could enjoy ourselves. Candice is great wedding coordinator and friend, I wouldn't have wanted to work with anyone else.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 R S

Details Made Simple was highly recommended by my brother and sister-in-law, so I decided to reach out to them in my search for a day of coordinator. After speaking with a few different DOCs, it was clear that April from Details Made Simple was the best fit! Before we even moved... Read More forward with her, she asked detailed questions about what we wanted our day to look like, what we felt our main concerns for the day were, and what was our wedding planning style. I could tell she was building a customized approach for us and our needs for our wedding day. April was helpful before, during and after the wedding, which took a lot of the stress away. We even had a few vendor hiccups a few weeks before the wedding where she helped make suggestions/recommendations. We had several conversations to ensure the schedule was set. She reached out to all of the vendors before our wedding to ensure everyone was on schedule, so that we didn't have to worry about it. Even on the day, there were some issues that occurred, but me and my fiancee didn't even know about it because April handled it! She was friendly, flexible, adaptable and professional. I would highly recommend April and Details Made Simple. If you want to ensure an incredible wedding day, Details Made Simple will help you make that happen!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 J H

Details Made Simple = Weddings Made Awesome! After we realized that we could not adequately plan a wedding in Philadelphia when we lived in San Francisco, we realized we needed feet on the ground. We interviewed at least 10 coordinators. When we met Candice, we knew we had the... Read More right match. Candice was friendly, professional, yet firm--exactly what we needed when wrangling vendors, wedding party members, and unruly relatives. The DMS team was very clear about what they would offer. Once a week, from June until October, Candice would check in with us, following up to ensure that we were on task. She also reached out to our vendors, ensuring that they were on top of their tasks--including providing certificates of insurance and final balances. During the week of the wedding, I'm sure we talked to Candice more than I spoke to my mother (a huge feat, considering I was getting married in a number of days!). Candice created a timeline and revised it with us as necessary. She followed up with all of our vendors, making sure they knew where to go and when. She told all of the vendors to go through her for those pesky last-minute questions. She kept us very relaxed, and made sure that major and minor details were not forgotten! On the day of the wedding, Candice and her assistant April started their day checking in with me and my husband. She made sure that all of the reception decor was brought to the venue, and that it all arrived in one piece. She got the wedding parties to the venue (separately!) and made sure that the shuttles ran on time. She worked incredibly well with our on-site vendors: the venue coordinator, photographer, videographer, Photo Booth attendant, and DJ. If there was a crisis, I can tell you I know nothing of it. She coordinated the clean-up of the venue, and got the checks to the vendors. She did all of this while remaining calm with a big smile on her face. We were able to enjoy our wedding and the days leading up to it!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Heather R

Jess did such a great job as our day-of coordinator! We threw a lot of quirky things at her and she handled them all really well. In the end, we had the perfect day, which would not have happened without Jess' help!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Justine S

Details Made Simple is worth every penny- my husband and I got married last month and we worked with Shanika who was our day of coordinator. She is incredible!! She was always available to answer any question, meet in person to go over floor-plans and timeline details and really... Read More made us feel like we didn’t have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. I am SO happy we worked with her!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jansen W

Booking a Day of Coordinator is so worth it, especially working with Kim, she's flexible and on top of things. She responded to my emails so quickly and she knows what she's doing. She helped me in so many ways: getting signs for the wedding, and putting together time table.... Read More She was such a great help on my wedding day, I didn't have to worry a thing! Not only she arrived early to check up one me, she also stayed after my photoshop making sure I was able to get out of my dress and packing things up for me. My wedding dress got brown statin in the morning from the chair I sat in, Kim brought chalk and Tide statin remover to fix my dress, how awesome is she! I am so happy with her work.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kate E

Candice's services were exactly what we needed to make sure our day of was going to run smoothly. We went for the Peace of Mind package, and she surely delivered peace of mind! There were details that we hadn't even thought about that she'd bring up and she'd always have... Read More solutions for things as well. I felt such relief after finally paying for her services and seeing the level of commitment and care Candice brings to the big day! Another thing that was super important was her level of Responsiveness. She would respond to phone calls and e-mails within minutes...sometimes even within seconds! This kept things going and really helped us get to our big day with lots of stamina and knowledge about what's to come. The only reason I gave a 4 out of 5 for Flexibility was because of other weddings that Candice had scheduled as a coordinator. That being said, we were just over 3 weeks away when I started working with Candice, so our time was limited and we were in the throes of wedding season. She still did everything in her power to make sure I felt like we were on a good track. I waited a while to make the plunge for a day-of coordinator, but Candice's services were worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY! If you are on the fence about it, I hope I can convince you to go for it. I cannot imagine what my wedding day would have been like without her. I have to imagine I would have been stressed/overwhelmed the whole time without her. Instead I got to enjoy my wedding and celebrate with my guests. It was just wonderful! Thank you so much for everything Candice!!! Best, Kate & Brett

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jesse P

I honestly thought over and over do I need help? Cant I just do this on my own?! Then I came across Details Made Simple and I made the call. Once I spoke to Carla I knew that she was the person to make my vision come true. Carla is just amazing! She was there for us every step... Read More of the way constantly checking in and making sure everything was on track. We had many details in our wedding since we had the ability to be creative at our venue and If it wasn't for Carla we wouldn'have pull it off! She was so flexible with our meetings and emails and calls it put as at ease while the craziness of a planning a wedding got near. There's not enough words to describe how much we appreciate her and all her wonderful ideas & support. We even had the opportunity to have a little fun with cake boss and make our day that much more unique and special all thanks to Carla!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Kristen G

I cannot say enough good things about Carla! She was absolutely amazing and the best decision I could have made for that day, she made the day feel stress free! I am relatively detailed oriented person and like to do most things on my own since I find others lack the attention... Read More to detail I strive for. I knew that day was going to fly by and wanted to enjoy as much of it as I could without being bogged down with fixing the little (and inevitable) mishaps that occurred that day, so I looked into day of coordinator and found Carla. I can tell you that Carla was sooo much more than just my go to girl that day. She checked in me every month to ensure I was on track with planning and offered assistance/guidance at any step I needed, and as the wedding date came closer she drafted a timeline for the day, which kept things running smooth the day of. She also contacted all my vendors to confirm arrival times, setup, etc, and came to the rehearsal, keeping everyone focused and on track, ensuring it ran smoothly. The day of the wedding was just WOW, Carla and Jessica setup my INSANE amount décor in the venue (for which they only had about an hour to do so for a wedding of over 250 people) and it turned out beautiful!!! Despite that my venue had provided me a Maître D, I can it was truly Carla that was by my side throughout the entire day, if I needed something she grabbed it, if there was a problem she solved it (and honestly I didn’t even know there any problems until after the wedding lol), she was quick, efficient and best decision I made for wedding! One of my bridesmaids who had recently gotten married, had commented to me that she wished she had hired a Day of Coordinator, even one half as good as Carla for her wedding, because she saw how much Carla did, how much stress she took off me as the bride, and how that enabled me to enjoy my own wedding.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 N/A N

I'm a planner but wanted someone the day of to be my right hand man to ensure everything went perfectly so that I didn't have to worry. The Piece of Mind Package was exactly what we needed. Shade was amazing! My husband and I were so thankful to have had her by our sides on our... Read More wedding day. She made sure everything we envisioned was executed flawlessly and was right there when we needed anything! Even though we only went with the day of package - Shade was also extremely helpful in providing guidance and advice in the lead up to our big day as well.

Meet The Coordinator

Carla Friday

Carla is proud to call Details Made Simple her own! As a Wedding Day Coordinator, Carla puts her meticulous organizational skills and professional list making to good use, and with years of event planning, graphic design, arts and crafts experience, she is able to make any brides big day memorable. “As the owner of such a unique company, I hold myself and my amazing team to exceeding our client’s expectations on a daily basis. Developing a personal relationship with each bride is the key to making each their wedding perfect and memorable, and this is important to us.” says Carla.