DeWolf Tavern

Bristol, RI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in Bristol, Rhode Island, DeWolf Tavern at Bristol Harbor Inn is a little piece of Rhode Island history on the water. The building was originally constructed in 1818 as a shipping warehouse. There is a visible dent on the side of the building where a ferry crashed into it during a hurricane in 1936, the building is still standing strong. Today, it serves as a restaurant with contemporary American cuisine, with a menu diverse enough to please a range of palettes. Next door, the Bristol Harbor Inn sits on the water and allows for easy accommodations for guests. Couples can hold their wedding reception inside the tavern or outdoors.

Outside couples can exchange vows on the wooden deck overlooking the water. The covered area looks onto the marina. The deck is located on the same level as the water, allowing for couples to make a grand entrance from the water if they arrange it. The deck is covered with a tent with drapery, hung with chandeliers. The entire reception can also take place on the deck, allowing guests the view of the sea and fresh air for the entire duration of the event. The deck seats up to 140 guests.

Couples may also have their reception inside the historic tavern. The space is warm and inviting, with stone walls and sconces on the walls. Exposed wooden beams support the vaulted ceiling and lend a seaside industrial feel to the space. The tavern can fit up to 120 guests.

The DeWolf Tavern will provide food and drink. Options and packages are available. Couples can work with the chef to create a menu that suits their needs. A minimum of 25 servings is necessary for each catering option. Rental prices vary by the time of year, what the space is being used for and size of the party. The DeWolf Tavern can also host rehearsal dinners. Tables and chairs are provided. Linens are at a fee. Glassware, flatware and dishware are provided. Couples can choose between a plated dinner or buffet. Family-style meals are also available. Servers and cake cutting is provided by the venue. Setup and cleanup of tables and chairs are included. Additional setup and cleanup done by third party. Butlered or buffet appetizers are available. Tastings can be arranged by appointment. The DeWolf Tavern at Bristol Harbor Inn is also open as a restaurant year round.

• Bridal suite is available for a fee
  • Dockside access
  • Bike path nearby

Waterfront Weddings with Rustic Charm

Situated in a historic building with high ceilings, exposed beams, and stone walls - the DeWolf Tavern offers a unique rustic charm and contemporary cuisine. Our outdoor waterfront deck is tented with beautifully draped inner lining and chandeliers to give a touch of elegance. There is room for ceremony and reception, with the catering team onsite at all times. All menus and events are individually crafted as we work together through the planning process with the onsite coordinator and award winning chef/owner. Join us on the waterfront to celebrate your special day! For current event menus & more information: www.dewolftavern.com

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

259 Thames St, Bristol, RI (401) 254-2005

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

This was the best venue for our wedding! Loved everything! The cooridination, the food the gorgeous view made our day all the more special! I would highly recommend!

Perfect little venue with character and charm!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Kristina S

The most important thing to me on my wedding day was that my guests enjoyed themselves - and WOW, did they ever! We received so many compliments about the food, the service, the ambiance... Katie was such a joy to work with and her counterpart, Rob, was there to take care of... Read More all the set up details the day of the wedding. The room looked exactly how I had imagined it! I am an event manager myself and can find it hard to 'let go', but knowing that these 2 were taking care of me I had no worries at all. People said that their dinner was the best they have ever had at a wedding! Chef Sai's cuisine was out of this world! If a smaller venue for about 100-120 guests is what you are looking for that has all the charm a Rhode Island town has to offer, then DeWolf Tavern is the venue for you! It was beautiful and my wedding day was an absolute dream come true!

LOVED IT !!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Michelle g

Super great location for a wedding ! We had our ceremony and coctail hour under the tent and then had the reception upstairs and I was thrilled with it all .Rafaela was wonderful and really did a great job , on the day of our weddindg she was always right there when you needed... Read More her and the food was fantastic ! Loved it !

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Cassie F

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the excellent job John the event coordinator and his staff provided yesterday for my Bridal Shower. The room was set up beautifully, allowing us to set up the day prior was extremely helpful. He was so accommodating, and a true pleasure... Read More to work with. His staff provided excellent service to myself and all of my guests, ensuring everyone had coffee, and food at all times. The bartender was great, super fun and made delicious drinks. I feel like he and his staff went out of his way to ensure the event turned out great and I am so appreciative. Everyone could not stop raving about the food, service, and drinks. I would not hesitate to hold another function here, or recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! I can't say enough about John and the Dewolf Tavern, thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Kaitlin L

This is the perfect venue for a smaller, more intimate wedding with a gorgeous view. We knew we wanted to get married in RI and on the water- Dewolf Tavern is the perfect place for just that. There were some changes going on during the time of planning our wedding. We ended... Read More talking to 3 or 4 different event staff while planning which was a little frustrating but in the end the staff did an amazing job.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Maureen M

DeWolf Tavern is simply a beautiful, historical, and unique wedding venue. My fiancé and I chose it because we knew we wanted a cozy, intimate space, and the Bristol Harbor Room is just that. The Waterfront Deck also provides a stunning view of the harbor, and it's huge perk... Read More that DeWolf tents it for the full wedding season and that the tent is part of the rental. We booked our October 9, 2016 wedding in November 2015, and, at that time and throughout the following year, DeWolf was going through some transitions in ownership and management. As a result, we had three different wedding coordinators at various times. Things seem to have settled down now, and we were so thankful to have the current coordinator, John DiCarlo, by our side for the last few months of planning and on the day itself. He went above and beyond to be sure that every detail was taken care of, and was extremely knowlegable, helpful, and reassuring. He helped us come up with a contingency plan in case Hurricane Matthew hit Bristol (!), and, in the end, seamlessly managed a wedding on the deck as we had originally planned, despite rain and wind. I can't say enough about the event staff; they were pros and kept things running smoothly without our needing to worry at all. My husband and I were very glad to have chosen DeWolf to host our wedding!

2016-10-24T11:45:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you chose DeWolf Tavern for your special day!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

If you are planning on having a special time in Bristol, please, do NOT stay at the Bristol Harbor Inn (BHI). We had our wedding at Blithewold Mansion and booked rooms at the BHI 1 year in advance. When we arrived at 3:30, half the reservations' rooms STILL weren't ready, even... Read More though they said to come after 3PM. My parents' room being one of them. The 2 kids at the front desk literally shrugged their shoulders and said "I don't know what to tell you, your rooms aren't ready. Stick your bags in someone else's room and check back later." We were literally on our way to get married. I was mortified. I waited to chat to a manager for 15 minutes, who never showed up. I had to leave to go get married. So half the party had to hang on to their bags until 12 midnight so they can finally check in and get a room key to their rooms. The next morning, I asked to speak with a Manager again to discuss how embarrassed and disappointing we were. She could CARE LESS. Getting an apology was like pulling teeth. I was disgusted with the overall customer service. Even upon arriving in a tux, NO ONE even said, hello, welcome, congratulations... NOTHING. It was as if they were going out of their way to make us feel not special or welcome. Apparently between the time we booked and arrived, the BHI went under new ownership and the attitude now is "we don't care if you don't like it, we will get someone else who does." It's a real shame. Such a great spot, just really poor customer service and really crappy management. The BHI was the ONLY real disappointment during our entire wedding experience. If I could leave zero stars, I would. Again, avoid staying at the Bristol Harbor Inn if you are looking for a nice experience in Bristol.

Great Hotel For Downtown Bristol Weddings

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Alexandra B

We got married at Linden Place, and Bristol Harbor Inn was a great place for our guests to stay. Christine spent a lot of time working with us on the room block, making sure everyone got a good room for their group. Block fee was small ($5 a room) and included delivery of any... Read More welcome bags. Hotel is centrally located and everyone walked to and from our wedding.

Great place

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Jessica T

The staff at the Bristol Harbor Inn were so accomodating. Most of the wedding guests stayed here and we were able to block rooms on the same wing for all of the guests and wedding party so we could all be together. They also let us use their conference room to store the decor... Read More and flowers for the wedding! They were so great!

Review for Bristol Harbor Inn

Reviewed on 8/25/2007 Farrah G

I loved the rustic look of the reception room with it's old barnboard floors,exposed beams and stone walls. I also loved the tented dock area which provided us with a beautiful seaside location for both the ceremony and cocktail hour. I also liked that there were accomodations... Read More on site for out of town guests.;It is small. We had 109 guests at our wedding and it was tight. While very beautiful, it is more suited for a wedding under 100.