Diane Gaudett Custom Floral Designs

Serving All of CT

Flowers for Life's Special Occasions

Diane Gaudett, one of the most well recognized wedding florists in Connecticut, has been delivering style, creativity and imagination to brides for over twenty years. Whether intimate or grand, her incessant passion and energy for what she does will transform the ordinary to the extraordinary.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Diana S

Diane is the absolute best. Her floral arrangements were so incredibly beautiful that all of our guests were complimenting the flowers even weeks after the wedding. I went to her with some ideas, but I let her work her magic and her selection of flowers was breathtaking. My... Read More favorite part was my bouquet, which was straight out of my dreams. She truly took our wedding to the next level with her incredible talent.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Anne Y

The highest praises for Diane Gaudette. I had a vision of what I wanted for my daughter’s wedding and Diane embraced it fully so I can honestly say that it went beyond my greatest of expectations. And, if that matters to you, our guests were so complimentary, so many saying they... Read More had never seen such gorgeous floral arrangements, bouquets, and the accents. Most importantly, she is a joy to work with at such a happy time. She is always pleasant and patient in handling questions and concerns, has a fabulous eye for detail, so experienced and accomplished yet embraces something different with such enthusiasm, and so helpful in extending advice concerning the wedding planning. Diane made my daughter’s wedding such a wonderful time and experience for me. The look on my daughter’s face when she saw the church and then the gardens and the tent at the reception! Finally, how many times in your life can you say you wouldn’t have changed anything and how wonderful for me this was the case for my daughter’s wedding because of Diane’s creativity.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Linda C

The flowers at my daughter's wedding were absolutely amazing! The extra touches Diane added to the venue were stunning! Everything followed the color scheme and the flowers she used were gorgeous from the cake decor to the centerpieces, to the head table and the spectacular... Read More bouquets. My daughter absolutely loved the bouquets, especially hers. Diane is wonderful to work with. She gave us suggestions and we left the rest to her. She really made this day special for all of us.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Andrea A

Fantastic! Diane was a dream to work with this year. She is an extremely talented floral and event designer and my guests (and my husband) were SO impressed with her work. She has so many fabulous ideas and makes your vision a reality. Diane decorated a mantle for our wedding... Read More ceremony and I immediately cried when I saw her work--it was so beautiful and I felt so incredibly special. As I look at the first few wedding pictures I see all the beautiful details in her arrangements. Diane will make your event look beautiful (on any budget) and will truly work with you!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Monica O

How do I even begin to review someone who took my dream, my vision and made it come to life. Diane was a dream to work with. From the first meeting she is warm and genuine and makes you feel like your wedding is the only wedding that matters. She took my vision and made it a... Read More reality. I have not stopped receiving messages on how beautiful everything was. Her work and professionalism is impeccable. I could not stop looking and smelling my bouquet all day, I was in love with it! When I walked into the reception hall I was floored by how amazing, beautiful it was. Thank you for being a part of my special day.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Jennifer R

From our first meeting with Diane, we knew we wanted to work with her for our May wedding. Our wedding happened to fall on Mother’s Day weekend which can get tricky when it comes to flowers, but Diane put us at ease and was able to provide us with incredible florals even with... Read More our budget which was on the tighter end. Diane did an incredible job at being able to take our vision and bring it to life perfectly. Her flowers helped to set the tone we wanted for the wedding, they were beyond gorgeous and exactly what we wanted! We’d highly recommend Diane, she was a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Nicole G

My husband and I got married almost 3 years ago - so unfortunately this review is really late, but we could not have been any happier with Diane and her amazing, talented, work. I met Diane at The Waterview bridal fair and was immediately impressed with her work, professionalism... Read More and talent. She met with my husband and I at her home office a few times and I can't say enough good things about her. She was patient, completely understand the vision we wanted to go for, and really worked with us to stick with our budget. My bouquet, my bridesmaids bouquets, my husband's boutonniere, and our centerpieces came out more beautiful than we ever imagined. We had a very specific fall vision and Diane really made that come to life. I'm just sorry it took me so long to write this review. I highly recommend Diane - she will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Angie R

We knew from the first call we had with Diane that she was the woman for the job. We got married in July 2016, and our theme was vintage glam, with a hint of Great Gatsby. We immediately explained to Diane that we wanted this to be a classy affair, not costume-y, as many... Read More Gatsby-themed weddings tend to be. I’m not sure about others, but for us it was a bit of a surprise just how costly flowers can be, and since we were to have a day wedding, we relied on florals quite a bit (we didn’t have lighting to play with to dress up the room). We explained to Diane from the very first call that our budget for flowers was modest, probably more so than she is used to (if you’ve seen her website then you know she is capable of creating extraordinarily beautiful arrangements). But we took our chances anyways. We loved what we saw on her site and we also knew she has worked with the venue we picked (The Inn at Longshore in Westport, CT) countless times, as well as with our wedding planner (Amy Champagne Events). So we figured we were putting together a dream team. Diane was accommodating from the very first call, and moreover, she seemed excited to make our vision a reality. We sent her some inspirations, as did our wedding planner, and after having the first in-person meeting later on, we had complete confidence in her. Even after receiving the initial proposal, she seemed flexible to adjust things. Diane got creative in her use of ostrich feathers (a very Gatsby décor element), using just the right amount and complimenting their use with ivory and blush roses, gold vases, candelabra and votives. My bouquet was simply divine, accented with smaller ostrich feathers, as were my bridesmaids’ bouquets, the groom's, groomsmen's & dads' boutonnieres, moms' wristlets, etc. When we walked into the room on our wedding day, everything was exactly as we had envisioned – even more beautiful. And I can’t say thank you enough to Diane for working with us to make it all come together.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Rachel J

Everything Diane did was amazing. She was incredibly accommodating of our not huge budget. She worked with us to create unique centerpieces with elements of our theme as well as flower arrangements, rather than just strait bouquets for each table. My bouquet, as the bride, was... Read More amazing. She spent a lot of time talking with us about how our theme and colors could be carried throughout the design. When we arrived at the venue, our bouquets, boutonnieres, and carried flowers were already waiting for us. None wilted throughout the entire course of the night. She designed a beautiful Chuppah. She was also great about packing everything up and taking it away at the end of the night. She became like a friend throughout the process. I would recommend anyone getting married in the area she works to use her to design their wedding.

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 claudia g

I don't know where to begin when describing my experience working with Diane Gaudett. It was simply incredible! She had done my sister's wedding who also said Diane was the best part of her wedding. So I knew I wanted her vision at my wedding. What Diane created at my wedding... Read More was the most breath taking wedding reception, (honestly all my guests could not stop talking) was the sheer beauty she created! It was heaven on earth! Not only is her work exquisite but Diane herself is the most incredible, kind, supportive person! She makes you feel like family and I can go and on about her. I honestly was told by everyone at my wedding that the detail, aesthetic, and magical feel she created was something they would expect at the White House or a Hollywood levels events. She is the best!! Her work was beyond my expectations and I had my dream wedding because of her!

Work of Art!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Bobby B

It's 4:00am and we are leaving on our Honeymoon, but I had to review Diane and here team before leaving. I can't say enough wonderful things about Diane. From our first meeting she was so very helpful. As a designer I had a very specific vision in my head. I was nervous about... Read More whether a floral designer would be able to really get what we wanted. Diane not only got it, she ran with it, and exceeded our wildest expectations!!! The room was breathtaking! I mean I really gasped when I walked into the ballroom and saw what Diane and her team had created. She was so easy to work with and gave me us so much more than I expected. For example: There were extra orchids from the centerpieces, so she put a bloom at each place setting, of course asking us if we liked it. We LOVED everything!! Diane is a creative genius and gave us a beautiful and elegant wedding that was unique. All of our guests commented on what stunning arrangements there were.

Pretty but not my vision...

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

I got married on October 5th, 2014. Diane is a very pleasant lady and based on her work on her website and her features in magazines, I had very high expectations, and truly thought that she would be able to capture my vision (especially since I provided her with photos of my... Read More vision). My expectations were not met, especially considering how expensive her services are!!! After months of communicating with Diane about what I wanted, sending photos of ideas I had and speaking several times on the phone and meeting a few times at her house, I really thought she had a good grasp of what I wanted. Apparently she didn't!! I sent her a photo of EXACTLY how I wanted my bouquet to look, which was very romantic, light, and gardeny, with a few tiny tweaks, and got something completely off and totally different! I was very disappointed on the wedding day to receive that bouquet but there was nothing to do be done. Same with my bridesmaids bouquets; they were completely different from what we had discussed. She added purple roses in our bouquets when I requested light lavender (but I didn't want lavender roses, I wanted other lavender flowers or even lavender itself!) My centerpieces were very pretty and closer to what I had wanted, but again she added this purple in and it threw off the look completely. I also hoped that for the price the centerpieces would be bigger but they weren't. My Mandap (Chuppah) was pretty and was closer to expectations. But overall the price we paid and the value we got was disappointing. I had really hoped i would be able to see my gardeny, romantic vision on my wedding day with the flowers but this did not happen.

The best!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Carrie S

I had an odd request... match the bridesmaids to their color shoes. Diane loved the idea from DAY 1. It was PERFECT!!!! People will be talking about my wedding for a long time and how the flowers were AMAZING. She was a pleasure to work with! I would use her again if I ever... Read More needed a florist.

Floral Love

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Melissa M

I didn't think I needed flowers. I didn't think I cared until I met with Custom Floral. Lisa showed me simple and elegant combos of flowers and I just feel in love. I wanted them everywhere even though my budget wouldn't allow for that. Lisa worked within my budget and... Read More really provided the look I ended up loving. Perfect.

Very talented florist

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Elaine R

Diane was not only a pleasure to work with -- a fun, bubbly presence to have around -- she is an incredibly talented person. I was worried the excessive heat would ruin my flower plan for hydrangeas, but the centerpieces I took home from the wedding are still looking gorgeous... Read More in my living room several days later. I told her my vision, and she added her own beautiful contributions and created exactly what I wanted. She is creative, attentive, and adept at listening to what the bride wants while being able to provide excellent suggestions. Everyone commented on how gorgeous my centerpieces and bouquets were. I read somewhere that brides often regret how much they spend on flowers; because Diane is so fair in pricing and so good at what she does I have truly zero regrets about my stunning flowers. They added so much to my wedding. She is a gem, and I strongly, strongly recommend her.

Jessica and Andrew's Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Julie W

My daughter was recently married at the New Haven Lawn Club in New Haven, CT...No words can describe the feeling we got when we walked into the room after Diane had decorated for the wedding ceremony. It took our breath away! She transformed the Ballroom into the most elegant... Read More and romantic place any couple could ever imagine getting married in! We had discussed at prior meetings what we wanted and she took those ideas, added her own amazing personal touches and just ran with it!She is soo talented and such a visionary when it comes to planning a wedding! After the ceremony,while we were having cocktails in another room she took that same room and transformed it into something Magical!! It's one week later now and I'm still getting calls, texts and emails about how beautiful everything was! Flowers, candles, the right linens...but most of all her special touch was all we needed. It was beyond perfect. Thank you Diane! We couldnt have done it without you!!

Amazing Florist!!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2012 Lourdes M

Diane is the most amazing florist - lots of creative ideas and never a dull moment working with her all through the wedding. She is such a warm person with a vibrant, gregarious, sweet, passionate personality all rolled into one. The flowers she created for the wedding were... Read More beautiful... from the church to the reception. Her attention to detail is a gift and she created a very classy atmosphere and ambience (lights and flowers) to the whole event. From the first day we met her at her home, we knew she was our florist and we did not need to look for anyone else. We felt comfortable immediately that she will deliver. Our guests were all complimentary. Thanks, Diane, for making our wedding event extra extra special. You are a gem and a true find!!!!!

AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!!! Married on 09/

Reviewed on 11/09/2012 Amanda D

The moment I met Diane I knew that I had found my florist. She is absolutely wonderful, energetic and full of amazing ideas and creations. I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted my ceremony and reception room to look like until I meet Diane. I couldn't have asked for... Read More anyone better to help guide me through the very over whelming process of choosing the colors, linens, lighting, design and layout of the day. I really just loved her instantly. She is genuinely excited to help plan your wedding and make it the day of your dreams. The ceremony room was a spectacular vision of orchids with the aisle covered with rose petals. It was such a glorious day already but seeing the ceremony room transformed only heightened my excitement as I walked down the aisle. The reception room was beyond beautiful as the arrangements of high and low centerpieces of purple orchids created the most incredible room. Not only did Diane and her team create a floral wonderland in the ceremony and reception rooms, she added to the effect in the bathroom. The bathroom was covered with flower petals. It was truly unbelievable sight to see. I cannot overly express how happy I was with everything. She handled everything from the lighting, chairs to the linens to our photo-booth. Diane and her team are Fabulous!

Creative and Enchanting Flowers!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Nina A

I'm an incredibly picky bridal customer - my day job has me planning international events so I know my way around managing vendors. I had a vision for my wedding that blended eco-enchantment and sophistication and Diane nailed it. Her flowers and arrangements were romantic,... Read More enchanting, sophisticated and unique. She worked with us to fine tune the vision and was very flexible. She even let us provide some of the materials for the centerpieces and altar. More importantly, she was a pleasure to work with and we had a lot of fun! I give a big thumbs up!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Lisa B

I wish I could give Diane more than 5 stars! She was absolutely incredible! She was a total dream come true for me. The moment that I met Diane I knew that I wanted to work with her. She is caring, flexible and just so kind. Her creativity is unmatched and you can see, in... Read More every detail, how much she cares and loves what she does. She works within your budget and I truly feel like I got a great deal for all of the work she did for my very large wedding. I love Diane and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone :)

Guests raved about our flowers

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Meghan D

Diane has an amazing vision when it comes to wedding flowers. She was able to create the most gorgeous centerpieces and bouquets for our wedding that our guests continue to rave about. She is very creative and passionate about her craft, which is wonderful. She was also very... Read More patient and understanding of a stressed out bride!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Tina O

Diane was amazing! When we first met with her I was very worried that this was going to be so expensive we couldn't afford it as her pictures were all so amazing! She was extremely flexible working with us on price and also offering ideas and recommendations! There are a lot... Read More of little details that go along with the flowers and Diane made everything work seamlessly and easily! As I did most of the detailed planning, she not only helped with Flowers but also anything else I had a question on. She was fantastic! The proof was in the numerous compliments we received in regards to the flowers and decorations at the wedding! Until then I never realized people actually noticed those things and when I did I was ecstatic that we used Diane & Custom Floral Design!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Caitlin M

Diane did the flowers for our October 7, 2012 wedding and they were simply stunning! From start to finish Diane made us feel comfortable and excited. Diane took our rough vision and turned it into more than we ever imagined. The end results were simply amazing. All of our guests... Read More raved about the flowers. Most importantly Diane went above and beyond on the wedding day itself. She brought the best positive energry to the house when she delivered the flowers, helped the groomsmen with their flowers, and was there with a huge smile (and floral tissues) to keep us laughing before our trip down the aisle. I would recommend Diane to any bride who wants breathtaking flowers and hope to work with Diane again for future events!

Amazing flowers, creative florist!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Jackie J

My husband and I searched for the right florist for quite some time. We had an idea of what colors we wanted to incorporate in our arrangements, but other than that we weren't sure how we wanted our flowers to look. We gave Diane some ideas during our first meeting and it was... Read More like she understood what we wanted even when we didn't know! Even though she was a bit more expensive than some of the other florists we had met with we decided to go with her because of her creativity and great reputation. We were not dissapointed. The centerpieces were better than she had described. The bouquets were gorgeous. She even created a large blanket of flowers (with succulents in them - my husband's favorite) for one of the front tables in our reception venue as a surprise! We got compliments on our flowers throughout the night, and we're still getting them a few weeks later. I was a bride who didn't really know exactly what she wanted in her flowers, but Diane gave it to me. I would guess that even if you know exactly what you want - Diane will make it better. Thanks Diane!

Amazing....

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Maria C

Diane Guadett is simply amazing. Diane was the first vendor I booked as I was planning my wedding. I knew her work and there was not questions I wanted to use her. She is not just a florist, but a true artist. I knew she would be capture my vision like no one else would. I was... Read More looking for a romantic, elegant and vintage wedding and she knew from the moment we spoke what I was looking for. Aside from her amazing work, she has a fantastic bubby personality that I just loved so much. Her energy is amazing. Our wedding turned out amazing and if I could do it again, I would use Diane all over again!