Different Hats Live Music DJ MC & Event Cordination

Cincinnati / Dayton / Tri State

Reception Cocktail Dance Music Live Band or DJ

If you want the best in wedding sounds, think Different Hats Music. We are a full service entertainment package. We handle all announcemets, introductions and special dances. To make sure you can enjoy your reception we also have an coordinator onsite to act as point of contact. We can help you create the mood you have dreamed of: Great Gatsby or Prohibition, 30's or 40s glam big band swing, Frank Dean Ela Louie Rock R&B and we DJ rest! Emcee & 45 minutes of DJ style music at no additonal cost. We play great hits from Ed Sheeran, Adel, Let us play! Contact us and ask for our event planner and song lists. We can create a custom size package to meet your requirements. www.DifferentHatsMusic.com and www.Different-Hats.net

Instruments

Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Cincinnati / Dayton / Tri State (937) 430-7694

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Joanne C

Beyond our high expectations. The beautiful outdoor setting with the perfect weather was only surpassed by the incredible band. Elizabeth's voice and the alto sax gave us chills! We are still hearing comments from our guests that it was the best wedding reception they had ever... Read More been to and Different Hats played the major part in everyone's opinion. We could have listened to them until dawn!! In fact, perhaps we can arrange that for the next time we hire them. Seriously, not only a great sound with a beautiful voice but very accommodating people to work with ( for just one example their manager, Debbie, went beyond the call of duty by observing a need of ours and quickly addressed it for us! )

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Christi D

Different Hats was absolutely AMAZING! All of our guests loved the music and couldn't say enough about how fantastic they were! Not only were they the perfect addition to our 20's themed wedding, but they were the nicest people you could be around. Booking this band was one of... Read More the best decisions we made throughout the whole process. Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2015

Different Hats 11 piece orchestra played at our daughter' wedding reception in Cleveland OH last night. They were fabulous. All of our guests raved about Liz's beautiful voice and the talent of the entire band. They did exactly what we requested and checked with us on anything... Read More that wasn't clear. They played for 4 hours and then Rex DJ'd for the last two. There was truly music for people of all ages. At midnight, the dance floor was still full and no one wanted it to end....including the bride and groom. We can't thank them enough for the truly special night they gave our family and friends!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Amy S

I had Different Hats provide music for both my ceremony and reception. Their name really says it all, they were able to accommodate all of our different needs throughout the night. First we had classical ceremony music, then jazz and popular classics for the beginning of the... Read More reception, and DJ at the end. I loved that we had music for our older guests at the beginning but still had the DJ for the younger crowd. Everyone loved the music and had a great time dancing. The song choice for the band is extensive and will fit all your needs. The band even was able to make changes to the schedule on the spot at the reception based on our needs. Highly recommend this band!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Terri R

We hired a Trio for the cocktail hour and dinner hour for my daughters wedding this past Feb. 2014. She wanted classic 30's 40's music for this portion of her wedding reception. Later after the dinner hour was over Ron was the DJ for the rest of the evening. Ron was very easy... Read More to work with and the cost was very reasonable for everything he provided for the evening. I would very highly recommend he.

Art Deco Wedding in the Hall of Mirrors, Cinti Netherland Hilton

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

I could not have chosen a better band for my daughter's Art Deco , Netherland's Hall of Mirrors Wedding!! They are all very personable and easy to work with. Obviously, very affordable!! Located in Bridal district in Reading, Cincinnati Ohio so easy to meet and plan the music.... Read More I highly recommend this group for any type of wedding, vintage or not. Will use again!!

Prefect Fit For Our Themed Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Kate E

We hired Different Hats for our wedding and couldn't have been happier! We had a Midnight In Paris/1920's theme and they took our special requests to play the Midnight In Paris movie soundtrack, as well as other songs from the era. (They even sang a few in French!) Later in the... Read More night the band switched to DJ music to keep the dancing and fun going. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great band for their event. Professional, Fun, and EXTREMELY Talented!

Very talented and profesional

Reviewed on 7/21/2012 Carolee A

Some of my older wedding guests (who usually leave early) stayed later just to hear the band. They played all of my favorites from the 1930s and 1940s. The lead singer had a beautiful voice! Ella and Peggy Lee would have been so proud to have her singing their songs. My... Read More wedding was in Tupelo, MS and they traveled with no problem. My mother in law kept trying to talk me out of hiring them because of the money, but after she heard them she agreed they were worth every penny. She said everyone she speaks with raved about the music; even saying I had the best music they've ever heard at at wedding. They made my wedding what it was, and they were probably the most important vendor that I couldn't have afforded to do without. They also acted as MC's for the night and allowed us to use their sound system for the ceremony. My theme was "glamorous, 1940s Hollywood gala" and they were perfect. They were also very kind.

Best wedding band ever!

Reviewed on 1/18/2012 Kurt L

The Different Hats Band is absolutely phenomenal, they are a can't miss and it would be a huge mistake not to go with them! They performed at our wedding (7/23/11) and they were accommodating and professional in every aspect, budget, music style, personalities, ease to work... Read More with, etc. We got married at a barn and they played when the guests arrived, setting the tone for the entire day. The guests absolutely loved them and still talk about them to this day. After performing at the ceremony they played at the cocktail hour and throughout the dinner. They performed brilliantly for our first dance and we couldn't of been happier. In total they played 6 hours! After their time was up we hired Ron to man the DJ booth for the late night dancing again super accommodating and great to work with. If you're thinking about them, have no fear, these guys are great and really make your wedding day memorable!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Paige H

My husband and I got married almost half a year ago, but all my friends and family still talk about how great the band was at our wedding. My grandma used the word "magical" and our five-year-old niece describe them as "fancy fun." We had the 18-piece orchestra at the reception... Read More and the 13-piece Dixieland band at the ceremony...they really set the mood for a fun day followed by a romantic and enchanting night. We can't wait until we have a big celebration where we can have them back to Indy! The musicians were top notch, true professionals. Ron was extremely organized and did everything without any day-of complications or worries (and to brides-to-be, this is a very important quality on the day of your wedding). Thank you so much, Ron and friends!

Great job!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Emily D

We used this band (a three-piece and a vocalist) for our wedding in August. They were very nice and we got a ton of compliments on them! They got there on time and were reasonably priced, especially considering that they had to come all the way to Detroit from Dayton! My only... Read More feedback would be that the vocalist's mic must have been down too low as she was hard to hear. She has a beautiful voice; showcase it! She sounds just like Norah Jones. I would definitely recommend them!

August 2010 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Nicolette K

We hired Liz and Rex Quartet for our wedding. They were professional and sounded good. Liz was not very friendly but her mother and Rex were great. They got a lot of compliments from our guests. I would use them again.

Ron Hartwell

Ronald Hartwell has been performing, teaching and enjoying music for over thirty-five years. He regularly entertains audiences in formal and informal settings. He combines a deep love of traditional music from across Europe and the Americas with a flair for innovation, improvisation and composition. He is equally at home performing musical theater and jazz laced rendition of popular songs as he is in the concert hall. Performances regularly include the best of Broadway, Jazz Classics, gems from the rich heritage of North / Central / South America and Europe.