Direct Entertainment - Your Wedding Wants In One Place

Lake Tahoe to LA to San Francisco

Your Wedding Wants In ONE place!

We are different here at Direct Entertainment. We match you up with a DJ, Photographer and Videographer based on what YOU want. We don't just send anyone to your reception that "happens" to be available. You matches are assigned, based on the styles and interaction level you prefer. We are YOUR FULL SERVICE wedding team. You now have family in the wedding business looking out for YOU. Our Staff are certified MC's (Master of Ceremonies) who work with your other vendors to ensure continuity and a smooth reception or event. We use state-of-the-art, digital sound systems/equipment ensuring the best possible music quality and sound levels. You choose the interaction level and style of your DJ and are matched with a DJ to suit YOUR needs and musical requests.

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Lake Tahoe to LA to San Francisco (916) 860-0488

Amazing!

Reviewed on 3/22/2012 Jenny L

Everything was perfect. We hired Direct Entertainment for our Photo, Video and DJ. Everything was perfect. The Photographer and Video guy were great staying out of the way. We thought this would affect our pictures, but when we received them back, we had no idea he was even... Read More taking pictures, so alot of candids as we requested. The video was top notch as well. Great quality and everything we requested and more was included. The DJ was amazing. He was professional and classy as Direct Ent. indicated. He listened to us and made some suggestions as well, which we liked as it was our first wedding. The end result was a packed dance floor and us and my guests having the time of our lives! We owe it to Direct Entertainment and would highly recommend to anyone! ...

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Bailey P

I would highly recommend Direct Entertainment! Amazing service and amazing prices!! We had the videographer, photographer, photo booth, and our DJ through them and we loved everyone!! Communication while planning was great, planning forms were easy to fill out, and any questions... Read More I had were answered promptly! We have nothing negative to say about this company, they were great!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Tracy S

Absolutely horrible. We received a videographer for a surprise wedding gift, and it looks nothing like that is advertised online. I complained to the company and they informed me that the :videos" online are only clips and my video isn't made to look like that. It looks like a... Read More family member videotaped the whole thing. It's hard to understand, people look larger then what they are in real person, and the cutting and clipping of bits and pieces looks ridiculous. They will not refund any money and I would not recommend them if you are getting a "full" video . So disappointed it makes me cry, plus it took 2 months to get after our wedding and we were promised 6-8 weeks.

2018-01-04T16:22:16 Response from the vendor

We are so sorry you were not completely satisfied with your wedding video. We were in awe to first hear about as we watched it and were proud to have delivered it ON TIME as two months was 8 weeks. We also sent your video... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Erin R

Great service for a great price! The DJ we ended up with was absolutely amazing. We've had so many compliments from our guests. He was flexible about using playlists I created on Spotify and filling in with his own music based on our personal taste. The photographer was... Read More fantastic as well. Both communicated with us about our ideas and expectations prior to the wedding date and were easy to work with. I definitely recommend Direct Entertainment!

2018-01-04T16:23:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Congrats and wishing you the very best together! Jim Firth

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Lindsay S

Direct Entertainment was awesome! Keith was our videographer and he was awesome! He helped ease my mind by calling the week of the wedding and going over exactly what I wanted as well as getting a day-of contact ( something I wouldn't of thought about ). He worked well with... Read More my DJ and my photographer to make sure timing was correct and that he was out of the photographer's shot line. He also worked well with my guests getting them organized for good shots! Keith showed up about an hour before my contract and start time and got in contact with my day-of contact as well as getting shots of the venue before any guests arrived. He was awesome I highly recommend Keith! Jim is the founder and he was prompt in answering any questions or emails that I had. Cheryl was the person who edited the footage that Keith took. She did a great job highlighting our special day and moments that we didn't even remember. Those moments are what make are videos so special, remembering moments that go by too fast. I highly recommend Direct Entertainment for wedding videography!

2018-01-04T16:25:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your true testimonial of our Video team here at Direct Entertainment. Congrats and we are happy you are and will be enjoying your wedding video for years and generations to come! Very Best, Alex Riley & Jim Firth

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Matt M

Everyone involved was great. Jim makes it easy to get all the information about the wedding and your tastes to them. Also he was very responsive by both phone and e-mail. D.J John was awesome as well. He was very flexible and was in touch with us well before the wedding to... Read More make sure we were always on the same page. He was also very amenable to the fact that we were out of town until the day of the wedding so we never had a chance to meet with him in person beforehand. He was able to roll with it and keep the party rockin all night, especially thanks to his great MC skills and dance lighting!

2017-08-30T16:00:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your awesome review and for trusting us with your special day. So glad you had a great time. Congrats! Jim

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Jaime A

We had somewhat mixed feelings about our DJ choice. The company itself seems great and the owner is very responsive. Our actual DJ was decent. He kept the party going and people were dancing all night-- which was great! We really wanted it to be a party atmosphere and this... Read More definitely happened. However, few of our instructions were actually followed. The wrong song was played for the bridal party procession, the mother/son dance was messed up despite numerous specific instructions, and we had to specially request most songs that had been on our pretty short must-play list. On the other hand, he did not play some songs that guests requested that really would have killed the party and also followed our instructions about our do not play list, which was definitely important. All in all, we had a great night and everything ended up being wonderful. Our guests certainly had no idea anything wasn't perfect-- just a bit disappointing to put a lot of time and effort into planning when these things weren't followed.

2017-08-30T16:11:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry things were not perfectly followed to your songlist request. Glad you all had a great time and a great night in all. Congrats! Jim Firth

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Dee L

Jim did a great job pairing us with a photographer, videographer, and dj! They were all professional, they showed up early and were ready to go for the event. For what I paid for, I was more than satisfied. They do offer a 5% military discount for those who are looking to save a... Read More little as well.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016

Alex DeLeon and his assitant were incredibly professional. They came to the wedding early and were prepared when I arrived at the venue an hour and thirty minutes before the ceremony began. They were very felxible with requests, and even dedicated great songs to us. Alex was... Read More super positive, outgoing, upbeat, and absolutely a pleasure to have at our wedding. 10/10, would have him as a DJ again.

2017-08-30T16:12:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind remarks and congrats on your wedding! Jim

Good DJ

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Kelsey L

Jim, the owner was awesome! He was great at communicating and following up, and helping us every step of the way (we had a lot of questions). Our DJ Entertainer was Wayne, and although the night ended well, I would recommend suggesting a different entertainer. He needs to... Read More maintain professionalism the entire time and I have spoken to Jim about that. I recommend this vendor!

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Me P

I absolutely loved my wedding DJ. Planning with this company was very easy and they were very professional. I was able to do most of it online, so that made it very easy for me. I was planning our wedding on a budget and their price was great. It was much cheaper than most of... Read More the other DJs in my area. When it came time for my wedding, I knew they were going to be great. My DJ was a blast! He played the perfect music and people were dancing all night. I can't say enough about this company! Love them!

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Jenna S

We had a fantastic DJ for our wedding. He was so interactive and many people commented after the wedding that they enjoyed all the songs that were played. Having never planned a wedding before it was nice having someone guide the event and knew what he was doing. The lights... Read More that were provided were beyond what I expected and made the dance floor. Would definitely use again and recommend. Thank you for helping make our wedding day so special.

Direct Entertainment guarantees a great day!

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Sarah V

WOW! Charles was the life of the party, and he was sure to constantly point the spotlight back on us. Everyone was up and dancing at all times, and he suggested ideas throughout the night that we loved...we just went with it! When one of our other vendors failed to show, Charles... Read More really filled in the blank on the time that would have been spent there. And when the audio failed at my ceremony, Charles saved the day! We only hired him for the reception, but he assisted with the ceremony after there was an issue with the power supply and cords. The music and interaction really made the night perfect! Thank you Charles and Direct Entertainment!!!

Great DJ and Video

Reviewed on 3/26/2014

DJ And Videographer were both amazing. Clips we saw from our wedding are incredible. Can't wait to see entire wedding! DJ Chip very professional and he knew exactly what to do and when to do it. This was also talked about before our wedding. If we had to do it again, no doubt in... Read More my mind would it be these guys. They made our wedding.

DJ & Photo

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Alex L

Direct Entertainment was great! I used them for both my photographer and DJ. The DJ was so helpful! I was so confused on how to set up the reception order and he helped me figure it out! He played great music, what was on my list as well as any requests family made. The... Read More photographer was always around capturing everything! I highly recommend them!

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Ashley C

This company was both promt and professional when we contacted them. They continually worked with us and our busy schedule. They were easy to reach throughout our planning process, and remained kind and supportive of our thoroughout our wedding process. A few days before the... Read More wedding the videographer that was to tape our wedding, contacted us to ask us our preferences, review all the information we submitted was correct, and to introduce himself personally. He remained behind the scenes throughout our wedding and reception, capturing all the footage that we wanted, while still remaining out of sight. This was an excellent company to work with and we would recommend them to all our family and friends!

Awesome DJ!!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013

The DJ was awesome! He was very flexible with the schedule and made sure that everything ran smoothly. He was able to accommodate for last minute changes on the day of the wedding. He kept the party going throughout the entire night! We had a blast and would recommend the... Read More company and their DJs to everyone!!

Our only wedding disappointment

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kitty H

I first inquired about Direct Entertainment in June of 2012. I was contacted daily until contract was signed, yet communication was non-existent once the contract was signed. I had to contact Direct Entertainment myself 6 weeks before my wedding since I did not hear anything.... Read More I communicated via email with someone at Direct Entertainment, but I did not hear from the DJ until two weeks before my wedding. The only positive thing is he attempted to follow the timeline; however, we ended up being ahead of schedule. Dinner was about 30 min ahead of the timeline, yet instead of cutting the Jazz music and starting with dinner music, Jazz music was being played at the start of our dinner. I had to get up from eating to tell him we did not request this music for dinner. He stated he was still playing jazz since it was not the time stated on the timeline. It is my opinion, that he should have known that if we are eating dinner we should be listening to the dinner music we requested. Certain specific music requested was not played, he was not very out going as asked.He only spoke to do the announcements and nothing more. Dedications were not announced, the DJ was not dressed in business casual as requested, Songs involving most attendants, ie. Hookie Pookie, YMCA, Chicken Dance, were all played together at the very end of the night when most people were already gone. We requested a Dollar Dance and this was NEVER conducted. We made it clear we did not want music extremely loud, so people could hear themselves, yet, I was told by a few people it was too loud, he was told, but still did not turn it down. Since our reception was not very long, we asked that the DJ not eat, yet there was food on their table. The DJ seemed nice, and I though it was going to be an awesome time. We were very disappointed! We would not recommend this DJ or even this company to anyone.

Great Job! Stuck to our type of music!

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Gabriella E

We had a great experience with Direct Entertainment. My husband and I have very particular taste in music and we were really worried about hiring a DJ but DE stuck to our music and did a fantastic job! They were professional and well prepared and the process was easy! Highly... Read More recommend!

Glenn and Bruce for President!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Jim S

Both Bruce our photographer and Glenn the DJ were professional, organized, dedicated, creative, and easy to work with. They took the initiative as our wedding unfolded to react to opportunities that made the event more special. Bruce was everywhere with his camera, eliciting... Read More comments from our guests during the wedding on his professionalism and commitment, even before any of his excellent pictures appeared. Glenn the DJ stayed in the background, letting the music do the talking. We'd developed a playlist, which Glenn expertly manipulated to respond to the crowd and the mood. I would recommend Direct Entertainment to anyone!

Superior DJ Service

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Monica B

I wanted to thank you and your company for providing me with superior service on my wedding day. TC was so helpful and made the night enjoyable for me as well as my guests. Everyone was on the dance floor until the night ended! I am very fortunate to have found a company that is... Read More so accommodating to their customers. I do not think I could have imagined a better DJ service. Direct Entertainment is definitely a company I would recommend to everyone planning an event in the area. Thank you again for making this experience so spectacular.

Highly reccommend

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Jacquelin Z

My husband and I absolutely loved that we could choose our own music. It was great to leave it to the DJ's experience to play it in an order that would keep people dancing. Our DJ "Jimmy C" helped us stay on schedule and was flexible when we needed a bit more time with guests.... Read More All of our guests had a blast and we'll never forget our reception. Thank you!

DJ Bob was awesome!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Jennifer S

We used Direct Entertainment for the DJ, videographer, and photographer for our wedding, and we were so happy with their services! DJ Bob really knew how to get the party going, and he had some kind of app or device that made him able to play any song (like an obscure,... Read More requested song about my small hometown in Texas). He was so much fun! DJ Bob also did the ceremony music, and his knowledge and skills took a lot of stress out of the day and let us concentrate on living it up. Thank you, guys! Would definitely recommend!

Dan the DJ Man...yikes

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Sylvia M

The DJ provided by Direct Entertainment was a very nice guy but he completely ignored my song selections so that he could play songs HE thought my guests wanted to hear, even went as far as to ask several what they thought he should play to get people to dance. Suffice it to... Read More say, his selections were completely inappropriate. He played songs such as, Sir Mix-a-lot's "I like Big Butts," and Ying Yang Twins' "Get Low." Although I didn't put these songs on my 'do not play' list, they were definitely not on the 'must play' list. On top of that, he didn't have an updated version of my schedule, which resulted in him asking me and my husband what was supposed to happen next during the reception. My other vendors knew what was going on, but he didn't. My photographers were carrying my schedule on them, but this guy didn't have a clue. I know for a fact that I submitted my schedule a week before I sent him my updated playlist. I was sorely disappointed with this service, and I feel bad having to detail my bad experience because the people at D-E are very nice and responsive, but I have to question their choice in DJs.

Great service!

Reviewed on 2/25/2013 Elizabeth E

I used Direct Entertainment for my DJ and photographer. The DE staff responded quickly to emails/questions I had as I was choosing my vendor and then taking care of wedding details. Both the DJ and photographer were very flexible with any changes I had beforehand and the day of... Read More my wedding. They made my special day less stressful! I would definitely recommend them!

Jim Firth

Direct Entertainment was founded over 15 years ago on the premise of treating the client based on individualized wants and needs. The founder, Jim Firth, has been in the industry for almost 20 years. Having been employed with National wedding and event companies, he wanted to offer something different to the customer. Direct Entertainment offers you a stress-free, no pressure approach from the start to finish. We cater to our client and are available to assist in any way we can almost any time of the day. Even if you need assistance in finding a reputable limo company or a florist, we can hel