Distinctive Event Rentals

Hampton Roads & Surrounding Area

Exceptional Equipment for Extraordinary Events

We are a one stop wedding rental shop. We carry tents, tables, chairs, dance floors, china, linen, lighting, furniture, and much more. For all of your wedding rental needs give us a call or email today. We can't wait to help with your special day.

Lighting, Benches, Chiavari Chairs, Folding Chairs, Chairs, Dance Floor, Dinnerware, Generators, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Lounge Furniture, On-Site Delivery + Setup, Stages, Cocktail Tables, Dining Tables, Tables, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

1111 INTERNATIONAL PLZ, CHESAPEAKE, VA Hampton Roads & Surrounding Area (757) 420-7000
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Megan H

Distinctive Event Rentals went over and beyond for our wedding! From the first day we started working with Bill & Norma, our experience was so enjoyable. They are incredibly organized, professional and prompt - unlike many of the tent rental companies out there today. Every... Read More detail was executed perfectly and not to mention, a few days before our wedding they even took the time to come back out to our site and string additional lights that weren't in our original plan. They take so much pride in what they do and it's refreshing to see that these days. They are such a wonderful group of people. I can assure you that we will be using them again for any event we have in the future! Thank you Distinctive!!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kelli D

They had a great selection and were able to accommodate me just a few days before my wedding. The chairs I rented were in good condition and were affordable. Would work with this vendor again

Friendly, reliable, wonderful.

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 cassandra f

This was such an easy, flexible company to work with. Great, friendly staff. Perfect timing of delivery. All rental items were perfect. And all at a reasonable price. I am one very happy bride!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Nicole S

They came recommended by another have only called to schedule a consult but already have iffy feelings. The person I spoke with gave me attitude as if my money wasn't good enough. I was asking for a soonest appointment but since the holidays are approaching time seemed limited... Read More in addition they were not willing to work with my availability

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Carrie L

All i did was call and spoke to Maria, asked a few questions, very rude and unprofessional, taking my business elsewhere , maybe you should take pride in who you hire .

Best Rental Company

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Elizabeth D

There are many event rental companies in the Hampton roads area, but DER is the best. Several years ago, I had the pleasure of working in the wedding industry and I was able to see their products as well as all the other event rental companies in the area and I knew that DER... Read More stood above the rest. They take pride in their work and strive to make your event as special as possible. Their staff works very hard at delivering, setting up, breaking down, cleaning and laundering your rental needs and it shows in their selection of rental options. I just got married and knew that I would be using them from day one. They provided all my rental needs. I was very happy with all the rentals as well as with the prices I paid. I was especially happy for the delivery, set up and pick up with just a nominal fee. I was very satisfied with their communication and working with Norma was such a pleasure. I will continue to use DER for all my rental needs, big and small, and would recommend them to anyone for the same.

Very Happy

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Carmen A

I was very happy with how Distinctive worked with us to accommodate changes that occurred last minute, and how they really just wanted to make me happy as the bride.

OK

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Brittany V

Happy but had issues with the generator, it cut off during the ceremony. We really liked the setup crew they were very nice.

Easy and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Christy S

We used distinctive for our table, chair, and tablecloth rentals for our wedding. It was sort of last-minute, but they were willing to work with us and our timeline. The rentals were beautiful and simple to order. I really enjoy their collection of table designs to chose from.... Read More Easy, kind, and affordable!

2014-08-28T08:41:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. From all of us here at Distinctive Event Rentals we wish the very best.

Beautiful Tents

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Brittany R

I have been to so many weddings where Distinctive has provided tents. They always look clean and new!

good luck

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 AUDREY C

Be prepared to help set stuff up or make sure you are present when they do.

great

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 kirstin h

i loved the tables and chairs that we rented from there. they werent ugly fold up chairs they were nice and everything was stable and worked out very well.

tents

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Ashley D

shannon is who i dealt with over there and she was right on point. the people that came and set up the tent were very helpful.

Good rentals but pricey

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Liz O

Although the stuff was expensive, we were happy with what we received from Distinctive Event Rentals. They were nice to work with and I'd probably use them again in the future for any large events.

way to pricy

Reviewed on 4/16/2012 Ebonnie S

would not recommend....customer service was not helpful, linen was pricy and unimpressive.

Solid and reliable

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Heather W

We rented a cake stand, trees, and dance floor from Distinctive. They were very responsive and easy to work with, and our rentals were dropped off, set-up, and picked up on time and efficiently. The only reason I didn't give them a 5 star rating is because the silk trees we... Read More rented were a little worn out. But by the time we decorated them it wasn't really an issue, and I am sure no one but the bride noticed!

Did everything we asked

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 Kathleen W

They were easy to work with and followed through with all promises.

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Crystal F

The lady was very professional, and helped us through a variety of linen options. Even though we weren't planning on renting that many items from them, they still treated us very well. I was able to find the linens I wanted, and a few other items such as a table. When we went... Read More to pick up, the items were ready for us and we didn't have to wait on them at all. There were plenty of people willing to help us load our car. The only compliant I had was that the table looked a little ratty, but since we covered it with a cloth and skirt you couldn't tell. The linens were pressed and ready to go when we picked them up, they were clean and free of spots. We only had to return them dirty which took an additional step out of clean up for us.

Event rentals

Reviewed on 5/15/2011 Lindsay Z

Reasonable prices and excellent service. Didn't have to worry about a thing the day of my wedding!

great

Reviewed on 3/21/2011 Hannah T

great selection, good to work with, a little expensive on some items

perfect

Reviewed on 2/16/2011 Brooke S

Gave my order from distinctve event rentals, my caterer worked it out with him, brought it with him, everything was the way I imagined it would be! Next to perfect!

Easy and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 1/24/2011 Victoria S

Carol at Distinctive Event Rentals was wonderful! She helped us figure out exactly what we needed to make our day a success. She didn't try to sell us on renting things that we didn't really need and she worked with us to give us the fairest pricing possible. The delivery staff... Read More was awesome too. They dropped everything off exactly when they said they would, worked quickly and were friendly and polite. The rentals were all beautiful and I was very pleased.

Wedding Rentals

Reviewed on 10/31/2010 Kate B

Rentals were a huge part of our outdoor wedding. We rented from Distinctive a tent (and all the required tent accessories), tables, chairs, dishes, linens, etc. Though initially shocked at the expense, Distinctive was the recommended vendor by our venue and caterer from their... Read More previous experiences and we're glad they were our rental vendor. Everything was delivered and the tent set up with plenty of time to add additional decorations, etc. We had a beautiful wedding and loved our tent and everything else.

Go with Distinctive

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Betsy S

Distinctive was great to work with. They were very helpful when we went into the showroom in displaying all the options I wanted to see. I was very happy with the selection they had and my room looked wonderful.

all gud

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 JENNIFER S

ALl went great! WOuld recommend again!