Single-Op with Showroom

Worried that I won't be your DJ & MC on the day of your wedding? DJ Dais is a single operator company, meaning there is only one contract accepted per date to assure that you get DJ Dais, not a contractor or lesser experienced DJ. Make sure to ask who your DJ will be during interviews. Try out my new Wedding Quote Calculator on my website for your instant quote, before you call. Set an appointment for a no pressure pre-consultation meeting at my showroom on the corner of Beach & Warner in Huntington Beach, especially if you're considering lighting options, and not sure about what the other DJs are trying to sell you.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

7923 Warner Ave , Huntington Beach, CA Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County (714) 594-9792

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Elaine G

DJ Dais is AMAZING. He was our MC/DJ extraordinaire and did the lighting for our wedding reception a couple of weeks ago. He transformed an empty room into a beautifully warm and inviting reception area using LED uplights. When we initially met with DJ Dais, he took the time... Read More to speak with us about our vision and the type of lighting we would like. He was quick to respond to emails and provided us with sample photos when I had questions. Months after deciding on one of the wedding packages, we decided we needed to add more lighting since the venue had forewarned us that the reception area can be a tad dark if not properly lit. DJ Dais was accommodating and gave us suggestions on how to remedy any concerns. At the reception, he kept the pace of the events moving - there were no uncomfortable lulls but it didn't feel rushed. In addition, he had a ton of our guests on the dance floor - old and young alike. DJ Dais was prompt, incredibly professional, and was super helpful with suggestions when we needed them. We can't say enough good things about him and we highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jennifer K

DJ Dais was referred to me by a friend and he was simply amazing! We provided a general list of music we liked and he created the most perfect list. The way he mixed everything together was SO fun too. Everyone was dancing and we received so many compliments on the music. In... Read More fact, a close friend of mine is going to book him for her upcoming wedding! His MC skills were great too. Everything was perfectly timed. He was also just a very sweet person. So attentive. I can't recommend him enough :D

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Molly G

My husband & I could not have asked for a better wedding DJ! From the very beginning, not only was he straightforward on his pricing and what services would be included in each package, but he also spent a great deal of time listening to what we wanted and asking us... Read More thought-provoking questions along the way to be certain that he delivered the exact experience that we wanted. He was by far our most attentive vendor, taking the extra steps of 1) requesting a venue walk-through with us, 2) offering a touch-base phone call the week of the event for any of our questions/concerns, and 3) getting there early on the day-of to prepare his equipment. He is strategic and operational; however, he is also very good at explaining his work and making sure you understand how/ why he makes the decisions the way that he does. A few weeks before the big day, we decided on the song for our Father-Daughter dance. Since it was lengthy and had a mix of slow and fast tempo, I asked DJ Dais for some advice on whether or not it would make sense to shorten it or scrap the idea altogether. 2 hours later, he sent me an audio file with a sample of his first try at shortening the song, and BAM it was perfect! No changes needed. All of the music and MCing went very smoothly that day; he checked in with us a handful of times throughout the night to keep us on track and created a fun atmosphere for our guests. Near the end of the night I was pulled away from the dancefloor and returned right as one of my requested songs was ending – my friend quickly ran over and asked if he could play it again because the bride missed it and he immediately replayed it to my delight! For most of the reception, it seemed like 90% of our guests were on the dancefloor, which we had always wanted. We have received so many praises from our guests about how fun the music was – well done!!! Would absolutely recommend and hire again.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Hannah P

We hired DJ Dais for our wedding after he did such a great job at our friends' wedding. As my husband would say, "He kept the crowd as a nice, roiling boil." We had a great mix of classic and newer songs that pleased the whole crowd. He was very great at helping us organize our... Read More timeline. He incorporated special things we wanted like a soul train dance tunnel. I called him just four days before our wedding to ask him to be in charge of the sound for our ceremony, and he stepped up and even ended up having to use his own equipment because something was wrong with what we provided. He's the ideal party DJ!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Eric S

Dais is a true professional. From the onset of our communication, Dais made sure to ask questions and listen to what was important to us on our wedding day. He came up with solutions for everything we wanted, set clear expectations on both ends, joined us at the venue to... Read More coordinate logistics, kept us on task, and made sure we had everything worked out well in advance. On our actual wedding day, Dais was one of the first to arrive. He took care of all of the lighting and sound for the venue. Dais also managed the flow of the entire evening, providing smooth segues throughout every step of the event. When it was dance time, Dais showed the mastery of his craft on the turntables. His technical abilities are spot on and he's playful with his transitions between genres that probably shouldn't blend, but he makes it work so as to cater to a diverse audience. Having Dais as our DJ, I realized how integral a part of a wedding event, a DJ really is. A professional, like Dais, does way more at a wedding than one would realize. Basically, if everything runs smoothly, it's because there's a pro running things behind the scenes like Dais does. I wasn't big on spending money on linens or flowers, but having someone to ensure that the event would flow perfectly, was an excellent investment that provided me and my wife with peace of mind on our big day.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Alyxandra B

DJ DAIS is AMAZING! I attended a wedding in which he was DJing and I had so much fu, we never stopped dancing. When it was my turn to get married I knew EXACTLY who I wanted to be our DJ. People had so much fun at our wedding and I know it was because of DJ Dais. People even... Read More told us how awesome he was!

Truly made the evening more special

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Helen W

We had the pleasure of booking DJ DAIS for our wedding in July 2013. He did the lighting for our reception space as well. He was always very professional. He did an AMAZING job at the reception! He was very thorough in reviewing the worksheet he sent us ahead of time. He... Read More pretty much played everything that my husband and I mentioned at least once. One memorable moment of how impressed we were: My husband and I are huge Disney fans and we probably made that clear only by the fact that we requested the Disney Fairytale Weddings album be played during the meal. Our cake arrived late, almost a quarter through the reception and received its own grand entrance. DJ DAIS surprised us by playing "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast to accompany the cake's entrance. Oh boy, that was special! We were so amazing by his attention to little details such as that and he definitely made the night fun and memorable for us. We recommend him to any of our friends who are engaged. I don't think we could have booked a better DJ!

DJ DAIS is the BEST!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014

Planning a wedding isn't easy, especially selecting trusted and professional vendors. I'm glad I picked DJ Dais as my DJ/MJ! I am a person that's very particular about music, my husband & I have different tastes in music... so I wish our music could blend well together. Most... Read More importantly, I wanted to get all my guests stand up and dance! DJ Dais did it, and it was awesome! He was able to MJ the wedding well & most importantly played the best mix of music from music we love. Some of my guests even told me they never danced at weddings, but they had so much fun @ ours dancing without their shoes on. Also, he remix the music LIVE! He doesn't play from the list, he remix it with his passion! Loved it! Thank you DJ Dais. HIRE him as your DJ! You won't regret!

DJ Dais rocks!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Maggie G

We just returned from our honeymoon (so I'm little late in getting reviews posted for my vendors), however DJ Dais did an amazing job DJing our cocktail hour and reception on June 14, 2014 at Bommer Canyon, Irvine, CA!! We received a lot of compliments on our music selection... Read More during the cocktail hour (which we chose a mix of country and classic rock), as well as dinner (which was country & love songs) followed by dancing (all pop music!)... DJ Dais made sure he played all of the songs we requested and ensure the wedding moved along with our timeline (and in conjunction with our coordinator since we were running a bit behind due to our dinner running long). I would absolutely recommend him for not only weddings but any other event/party you might need a DJ for!

Great DJ - Pays Attention To Detail

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Tim W

First off, I had a lot of fun with DJ Dais. He listened very carefully and paid great attention to detail. He figured out what music we liked and played non stop favorites for us! He also has quick wit and charm. During the reception he did a good job keeping it upbeat and... Read More happy. The cake cutting schedule got thrown out of order, which made things hectic on everyone, but he did a good job being the MC and hastily transitioning to the cake cutting. Overall, I would definitely recommend him!

Best Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Paulina S

DJ Dais was amazing! My wedding was totally on a budget and I MEAN BUDGET and Dais worked with our limits and gave us amazing service. He not only provided music but also provided amazing up lighting in our venue and the wedding slideshow. The music couldn't have been better... Read More selected. He had given us some music worksheets to complete but I must say he chose even better music than I anticipated. More than once my husband turned to me dancing and said "did you tell him to play this song? This is awesome!" Every single person at our reception was out there dancing it up. A million thank you's Dais! You made the night so special and so much fun!!

Great DJ, made the celebration!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Robin V

So easy to work with, great communication. His music selection was excellent. Kept the dance floor packed all night, our guest are still talking about the night. We were told by many guest he was the best DJ they had ever heard at a wedding. I also used him for our daughters... Read More sweet 16 and he did great!

Best DJ ever

Reviewed on 6/27/2014

I found DJ Dais on Yelp and watched some of his more technical videos regarding sound on Youtube. To sum it up, he's the real deal. His setup was awesome and his mixing was superb. He's also a really good guy to work with. He's easy going and really catered to our... Read More requests. I can't say enough good things. I would have recommended him to all my friends if they got married after me.

Awesome DJ!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Lindsay J

We used DJ Dais for our wedding. Beginning with our first meeting we knew this DJ was a complete professional. We met in his office, not a Starbuck's like many other vendors. We knew after this first meeting we were booking Dais and couldn't wait. At our event he arrived early... Read More for setup. He did a mini setup with wireless mics for the ceremony with no issues. During our grand entrance there were some changes in the order with our bridal party and Dais made sure everything was perfect before announcing everybody. All of the events went smoothly and Dais was great on announcements. He was not over the top or cheesy. (Exactly what we wanted). Dais played only the music we asked for. We had a pretty extensive do not play list that Dais stuck too. We were roped into playing a few of the songs we had on the list, but Dais asked the bride multiple times if it was okay before proceeding. If you are looking for a DJ at a reasonable price who will do everything you ask and more pick DJ Dais.

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Rebecca R

We used Dais for our wedding last year and could not have been more pleased! He was gracious, polite, professional and accommodating. He understood just what we were looking for and he fulfilled and surpassed my expectations! He not only acted as the DJ, but he also made sure... Read More that the entire reception ran smoothly and at a proper pace. I am so glad that we chose to go with him-- it made our day go so smoothly and took a lot of stress off of me, which I was grateful for! I have recommended him to several other people because of how wonderful he was.

The Best DJ in Town!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Maggie P

I got married in October and DJ Dias helped to make our special day even more fun! He came early to set up, worked well with our other vendors and brought an excellent light set up to help make the hall look even better! He was personable, super easy to work with, and made... Read More wedding planning easy!! The day of was spectacular! His music selections kept every one on the dance floor...there was NEVER a moment where people weren't dancing! I have been to many weddings and have never seen this happen, but DJ Dias will do that for you!! You will not regret using him for your DJ :)

perfect DJ for your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/25/2013 Pamela Y

My husband and I had our wedding budget laid out and set in stone before we started the actual planning process. DJ Dais appealed to us because of his excellent reviews and reasonable prices. And you know what? He was worth it AND MORE. He came early on the wedding day... Read More (12.29.12) to scope out the venue, set up, communicate with the catering manager. Also, we had to move our ceremony indoors at the last minute, and he worked with the venue to creating a beautiful ceremony room with his lighting. DJ Dais was awesome at making sure the event went smoothly, and on schedule. He was the best wedding coordinator (not his job, but it was like having a coordinator! and DJ! The light set up was beautiful, and the feel of the room was exactly how we envisioned it. His sound system was great, and he had everybody dancing to the end of the evening. Also, he was incredibly easy to work with and so nice!!!! You can't ask for more - he is the DJ you want at one of the most important celebrations of your life.

VERY PROFESSIONAL!

Reviewed on 8/17/2011 Debbie K

With DJ Dais (short for Daisuke), you'll get your money's worth and a gentleman to MC your wedding! He even offers high quality lighting and gobos at a phenomenal price. Excellent communication and courteous as heck. Don't let yourself down by not choosing him!

#1 DJ in Southern California

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 Kelli O

We could not have selected a more perfect DJ for our ceremony and reception. Dais was not only professional but he was personable and got our crowd dancing. He was helpful when we needed song selections. The music was the best we have heard at any wedding reception. I would... Read More highly recommend DJ Dais not only for wedding events but any event where you want to have a good time and hear great music."

Daisuke J Takeoka

I have been a DJ since 1995, and full time since 2007. My accolades include a BA in Musicology as well as air time on KPWR Power106. With over 250 weddings under my belt, I consider myself a wedding pro and an expert at mixing. I have a few mentors, and I still learn from them on a regular basis. Outside of weddings, I DJ corporate and retail events. My favorite and long time client is Benefit Cosmetics, who I schedule talent for in Orange County. I adore the brand and believe they have one of the best corporate cultures around. I am also the owner of Conference Sound Pros, an AV company.