Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Klezmer, Latin

Wedding

MC Services, Music

1808 Titus St, San Diego, CA (619) 593-1977

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Michelle S

I would choose DJ Daniel Peterson 1000x again and again to DJ my wedding. Of all of the vendors that we had, Daniel was the most praised by guests. He is slightly more than a few other DJs I looked it, but he is WORTH IT. There is no replacement for smooth, flawless sound. He... Read More is also extremely organized - when you book him he will give you a packet to fill out with all of the music choices. He'll give examples and also a long list of popular songs for every wedding style. He will then send you a timeline of events, which was the most helpful planning tool for the wedding (we shared it with our photographer. videographer, and wedding coordinator). You can book a cheaper DJ, but keep in mind, this is the person that will make sure sound is good, keep you on your timeline, and get the party going. They don't just play music (no, you setting up your iPod is not a good idea). They pump up the crowd, give instructions to guests, and maybe even host a game or two. It is SO WORTH IT to spend a little more on a good DJ and MC. I am usually a bargain shopper, but if you cut costs anywhere, it should not be with your DJ. This article helped me understand the differences: mssoundworks.com/how-muc… Ceremony: Daniel was ready to go 30 minutes before ceremony time and started playing our list of pre-ceremony songs. He was dressed professionally had all of his equipment set up on time. By request, our officiant and the groom had a lapel mic and there was a hand-held microphone on a stand in the middle for me (bride) and our readers. Everything went flawlessly - no sound issues whatsoever. I asked for him to use the Jurassic Park theme song for my processional - but it was only 3:20 and it needed to be at least 6-7 minutes (we had a long way to walk). He figured out a way to loop it and he in real time he looped it to the ending while he observed our timing walking down. Unbelievable! Cocktail hour: We chose a list of upbeat Latin songs from one of his lists. We told him specific types of songs we didn't want, and he did a great job of playing songs we wanted. Our guests loved how upbeat the music was! Reception: We made life hard for Daniel and asked him to make each wedding party couple's song different, and he pulled it off flawlessly. His voice is perfect for a mic - guests clearly understood all of his introductions. For our dances, he shortened the length of the songs by request. Dancing: Highlight of the evening. My husband and I provided Daniel with a list of songs, and he used it as a guide for the song choices. He didn't play our "no" list songs, and even brought out some awesome surprises (he has THE COOLEST remix of Toto's "Africa" - ask him about it, our guests went NUTS). Our guests RAVED about Daniel. The energy was high for dancing the entire night. I'm sure he could have carried it another 3 hours if we didn't have a curfew. Check out the photos I posted - you'll see that the guests were having a great time and the dance floor was packed the entire time. Daniel was extremely professional in our meetings and correspondence with him. He is one of our favorite vendors from the wedding and I could not sing his praises more. He is a huge reason why our guests said it was one of the best weddings they've been to. GO WITH DANIEL!!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Kay K

Working with Daniel very easy. He was great at keeping in touch with us throughout the wedding planning. We didn't know exactly the type of music we wanted for each section of the wedding and his expertise helped us tremendously though the process. We got to meet with him a... Read More week before the wedding and sample a lot of songs to perfect the timeline which made our day seamless. On top of all of that, he was a wonderful MC and kept the crowd moving along. Thanks Daniel!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Cara R

Dan was a total pleasure to work with and the guests couldn't stop talking about the music!!

BEST DJ EVER!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Erin C

I was incredibly nervous booking a DJ. I know that music can either make or break a wedding reception, and without ever having been to a wedding DJ Dan had DJ'd, all I could do was hope he would be great. I have to say, he completely blew us away. He had people on the dance... Read More floor ages 16-65 from the beginning of the dancing until the last song! A bunch of people told us he was the best wedding DJ they'd ever heard. I'm a big music person & tend to be pretty picky about song selection, and DJ Dan just made me thrilled by his choices. All I wanted to do was dance! He was totally on top of the schedule and listened to every direction I gave him in our final meeting. I am beyond happy with our decision to book him and I guarantee you will absolutely be 100% happy with your decision to go with DJ Dan as well!!

Kept the party going

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 jodi h

Daniel was great! From our first meeting up until the wedding! I had ideas, but he made them come to life. He was able to suggest songs and different versions of the same song to compliment the mood better. I also used him for lighting and he added a warm feel to the room!

Kept the Party Going!

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Renee e

Great DJ. I picked specific songs and times and everything was perfect. I wanted a pumped up club like atmosphere and he definitely brought it!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 1/05/2012 Silvia I

Daniel was wonderful!! Everyone loved the music and the dance floor was never empty. Working with Daniel was so great, easy and entertaining. He really was able to read what we wanted, even if weren’t so good at explaining it to him in the first place! From the monogram to the... Read More lighting and the ambiance, we could not be more pleased :) Thanks Daniel!!

DJ Daniel Peterson is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 Vanessa C

Daniel is amazing and one of the best vendors we worked with. So responsive and willing to work with our ideas and make our wedding our own. Everyone commented how how fantastic he he was!!

Fabulous DJ!

Reviewed on 10/30/2010 Leonor V

DJ Dan was FANTASTIC! I received numerous comments from our guests about the great party, music, and his perfect transitions. He also did a gorgeous job with the lighting. He suggested we end the night with an Italian love song (our honeymoon was in Italy) and the guests loved... Read More it. We also did a combination of slow and salsa dancing for our first song and he created a CD for us to practice. We strongly recommend DJ Dan.

Start a Conversation!