DJ Lou Paris / Paris Creative

The Hudson Valley, Tri-State, Capitol Region, and beyond

Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

299 Main Street, Kingston, NY The Hudson Valley, Tri-State, Capitol Region, and beyond (845) 605-2738

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Andrew L

Lou is the man. Music matter a lot to me. Justin listened to exactly what I wanted and nailed it. I didn't hear a song I didn't like and people danced all night. Lou Paris knows musics and really loves music. You can trust him with your wedding reception without... Read More hesitation.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Jaclyn S

Lou is exceptional. From a musical standpoint we were really happy. For cocktail hour we wanted jazz and folk/americana while at the reception we wanted a completely different feel (lots of 80s and 90s hits). Lou delivered perfectly for both. However, lots of DJs are good with... Read More music. Lou was also able to offer additional services that helped us so much and differentiated him from the rest. In a nutshell, he's much more technical than most DJs. Our wedding was black tie with an outdoor ceremony and a tented reception. Lou did an amazing job with our ceremony music from carefully controlling sound levels to providing wireless mics and coordinating with the videographer to provide backup sound. At certain parts of the ceremony, like our butterfly release, I'd chosen music for 'atmosphere.' Lou hit every cue and the music seamlessly faded in and out. Our reception featured two musical numbers. In one, 5 ppl sang live while accompanied by a studio-recorded track of 30 recorded singers and music. In the other, my mother sang live to instrumental background music. Lou did a beautiful job mixing sound for these. As an MC and just generally as an advocate for the couple, you also can't do better than Lou. He was responsive, professional, very kind, and made us feel comfortable and truly looked out for our needs. He was respectful of the wedding timeline and always came and found me when changes needed to be made (ie. switching the order of toasts). I never felt he bothered us unnecessarily but he also respected our right to make certain decisions. And here's the kicker. Several of our other wedding vendors commented on how Lou enabled them to do their jobs better, whether it was the videographer saying he'd never felt so supported on sound or the wedding planner saying she never thought she'd get the whole crowd out for the sparkler run but Lou managed to make it happen. So, thank you, Lou. Hiring you for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 john m

I left a review on google, but feel so strongly that I want to share it here at theknot as well. tl;dr: I cannot possibly imagine a better DJ for a wedding than Lou from Paris Creative. Like all weddings, we definitely had our share of hiccups and difficulties. A bridesmaid... Read More dropped out, our venue flip-flopped on whether another wedding would be there early the next morning, and we had to fire our useless planner 10 days before the wedding! Stressful and frustrating to say the least. But throughout it all, DJ Lou of Paris Creative was there, patient, understanding, and going above and beyond to help us through planning a large, self-done wedding. Lou was kind, professional, and communicative from the get-go. We did have hesitations after our initial interview because his background and personal tastes lean towards old school r&b (not our cup of tea). However, we are SO glad that we stuck with him. Lou listened to our preferences for music and DJ style (high-octane, in-your-face DJing was not going to fly at our black-tie wedding), and delivered perfectly. He was on cue and en pointe the entire day and evening for both ceremony and reception. He helped move out stragglers along and kept the toasts, speeches, and reception events (mics and volume levels for family singing was perfect) on schedule. Again, he went above and beyond in helping us plan and schedule our wedding day too. Up front he laid out what we should expect from him regarding communication and planning, and he kept to his promises 100%. When we ran behind due to our own difficulties, he was kind and understanding and guided us through it all. Any time we reached out, he was prompt to reply, be it email, phone, or video chat. Every time we talked to Lou, we always felt better about how things would turn out. Don't be fooled by his easy-going demeanor when you talk to him: while he keeps the calm, relaxed approach during your day, he absolutely is on top of everything he does for you, and more. I can't state it enough: Lou is an absolute rockstar. He is a skilled, experienced professional who knows his equipment, and will deliver everything he promises. He is organized, kind, efficient, and an all-around genuinely great guy. On your wedding day, there will be snafus and things that don't go according to plan. If you hire DJ Lou, your sound, music, and announcements for your ceremony and reception will NOT be one of them.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Kayla G

Words cannot even begin to express how wonderful DJ Lou is! Lou goes beyond his call of duty to make not only the music perfect but to make sure the bride and groom are taken care of. Lou became my right hand man the night of my wedding. Our guests continue to rave about the... Read More music and DJ Lou knows how to get the party going and knows how to use songs to make transitions throughout night. Lou is comprehensive, attentive, and will make all of your dreams for DJ services come true for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Scott G

When we were deciding on a DJ, we didn't really know how to pick. Every one had the same website, with the same songs, and the same services offered. But Lou offers much, MUCH more. Lou doesn't just offer great DJing. Lou offers a wedding EXPERIENCE. He not only helped us pick... Read More our songs and gave us advice on the wedding planning process, he also helped us block out the reception and made us think about details we never even THOUGHT of (such as micing up the officiant during the wedding ceremony). As for the DJing itself: again, you're not just getting "man and an iPod". Lou seamlessly transitioned between songs, fading in and out so that the party never stopped moving. He also was constantly remotely checking the volume levels of speakers throughout the venue, so that those on the dance floor could keep the party going while those in the surrounding tables could actually HEAR each other talk. Lou was most definitely one of the best, if not THE best choice we made for our wedding. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Elizabeth B

Lou was utterly and totally amazing. I can't even begin to express what an incredible job he did for our wedding. From our first communication, I knew I could trust him completely to take care of all of our audio and music needs, and he went above and beyond my expectations.... Read More He is extremely responsive and was open to all of our quirky ideas, including editing our first dance song and going over a script for a Korean tea ceremony. His website is amazing, and guided me to organize a precise schedule for the entire day (which was extremely helpful not only for the audio/music, but for us, our wedding party, and all of our vendors). As anyone reading this probably knows, wedding planning is extremely stressful and it is such a huge relief to have a vendor who responds quickly to emails and is happy to offer solutions to any problems you encounter. On our big day, he unfortunately was stung by wasps as he was setting up the audio for our ceremony and was obviously in pain. Despite this, he was the consummate professional, making sure that our ceremony audio was perfect for our guests, and then performing incredibly well at our cocktail hour and reception. We didn't micro manage the music too much, just shared our preferred genres and a few favorite artists. Our trust in him was well founded - his music choices were perfect. He frequently checked in with us to make sure that we hit all the major points in the schedule and kept the dance floor packed until closing time. He did such an incredible job that our guests even chanted that he should stay and play more songs, but unfortunately our venue kicked us out. :-p My new husband and I both agreed that he was the standout vendor of our wedding. Book him for your event now!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Beth M

Lou was wonderful! We had a lot of songs we wanted to hear during the cocktail hour which he kindly put together, and then we basically gave him free reign for the rest of the reception to choose what he knew the crowd would like ... and by like, I mean love - all of our guests... Read More had a great time dancing the night away! Through our meetings and his detailed attention throughout the process we were fully confident that he would take care of everything - from the wedding ceremony sound/music, to the cocktail hour set-up, and straight into the night of dancing. He kept everything on pace without being too 'in your face' with the crowd, which was important to us. He even juggled a last minute decision to bring the ceremony inside due to weather without blinking an eye because he's literally prepared for anything. Overall, Lou was the absolute perfect DJ for our wedding and we were thrilled with our decision to work with him! THANK YOU, LOU!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Sophia B

Lou was absolutely awesome. He was incredibly organized and helpful - he went totally above and beyond our expectations of a DJ on our wedding day. We chose Lou for three reasons: aesthetic, communication, and price. Lou’s website was clean and classy (unlike several other DJs... Read More we looked at) and that same classy aesthetic translated perfectly to our wedding. Another reason we chose Lou was his communication. He responds promptly to emails and questions, while also not pressuring you to choose him (another DJ kept calling me and badgering me for several weeks). Lastly, his prices were very competitive for the area. The reasons we’d choose Lou again are far greater. Pre-wedding, Lou was exceptionally organized. He sent us periodic emails to keep us on track with planning, and was always available to answer any questions we had about the wedding - whether music related or not. We “met” Lou via a Skype chat, and his demeanor was super friendly, confident, and relaxed. He listened to what my husband and I wanted for our wedding, and offered advice where we asked for it. Additionally, he got in contact with our other vendors (photographer, videographer, venue) to coordinate sound/timeslines/etc. and make sure that everyone was on the same page. On our wedding day, Lou arrived early to set-up. Everything was on-point, including the last-minute instructions I gave him. We had him DJ both our ceremony and reception. He helped to organize the bridal party and instruct them in their entrances. We had discussed the type of music that we wanted Lou to play prior to our wedding day, and Lou stuck religiously to our request (in fact, we had to tell him it was ok to accept song requests from the guests that didn’t fit into the genres we had previously discussed). Other than discussing genres, we put the control in Lou’s hands, and he kept the partying going all night. We had a solid 2.5+ hours of dancing, and everyone was EXHAUSTED by the time the night was over because the energy was so high the whole time. In addition to music, Lou would periodically check-in with us to see if there was anything we needed (well beyond his job description). Honestly, it feels like we should have paid him as not only as DJ but as a Day of Coordinator! It was an amazing day, and an awesome party - no small part in thanks to Lou. I would absolutely recommend him for anyone’s wedding or other special event, as he is amazing, experienced, classy, and most importantly knows good music and is willing to work with his clients to ensure that their vision is fulfilled. Thank you thank you thank you Lou for making our day unforgettable.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Jacquelyn A

Want someone that can keep the party going all night, look no further! Through the whole entire planning process Lou was there for us every step of the way. He has an online system where you can make changes up until about 1 week before your wedding. If one still needs to make a... Read More change Lou is a phone call or email away. I received numerous compliments from guests during the reception who raved about how amazing he was doing. No matter the age everyone was on the dance floor the whole night. Lou would periodically check sound around the room to make sure it was at a comfortable level for all guest while maintaining the party atmosphere. I could not have better things to say about Lou. He IS the number one DJ!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Will M

Lou was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He was the ultimate blend of personal and professional, and made sure to capture everything that we wanted, emotionally, on our special day. Between managing the tempo of the events and selecting the right music... Read More to accompany each moment, we were never left wanting more from him. We would highly recommend that everyone choose Paris Creative to usher in their union.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Lisa A

We hired Lou for our wedding in June of 2016. He was very professional and responsive throughout the entire process. We didn't want to do most of the standard wedding reception traditions. He took the time to listen and gave us some great recommendations for the big day. We... Read More only had to give him a short list of must-play songs and he took it from there. The dance floor was full all night!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Lisa R

Lou was the most organized of all of our vendors without being pushy. As I felt like I was having to stay on top of others, it was really a pleasure to deal with such a professional. His portal made it easy to organize timeline and songs we did and did not want. He did both... Read More our ceremony music and the reception too. Great job. From Tim: He rocked the party and was a real DJ, had his own turntables and did his own mixing.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Joanna G

Lou DJed at our New Year's Eve Wedding and he did a fantastic job keeping the party going and making sure that the evening ran smoothly. He was communicative throughout the planning process and his online portal made it easy to share the songs we wanted with him!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Julie L

We hired DJ Lou for our wedding in August. He was great to work with, both in preparation for our big day and at our wedding reception. He answered emails quickly, made great suggestions, was always available when we had questions, and his website made it really easy to select... Read More the right kind of music for each part of our reception. He was able to customize everything to match exactly what we wanted, and definitely made our reception so much fun! So many people told us that they have never seen a wedding where the dance floor was as full as ours before, but DJ Lou was able to create that atmosphere for us! We would definitely recommend hiring DJ Lou to all of our friends and family.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Steph M

This review is long overdue. One word to describe Lou and his services is AMAZING! Trust me you won't be disappointed on hiring him. From the start Lou always contacted us and sent us email reminders on things we had to submit prior to our wedding. He was probably the best... Read More vendor we worked with throughout the wedding process and on the wedding day. Lou will practically do anything and doesn't think any idea is stupid. My husband decided to do a funny entrance and Lou asked for details and delivered. We do feel bad that while he was setting up he almost broke his foot... Which he didn't thankfully, but we still felt horrible. Our wedding definitely couldn't have been memorable as it was without Lou's help. Thank you again Lou!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Lisa and Greg W

Working with DJ Lou was so easy. He was available to chat with us whenever we had questions or needed help in choosing songs for our wedding. He was quick to respond to emails and super helpful. Lou was a pleasure to work with and we would totally use him at our next wedding... Read More ;).

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Mike D

We used Lou for our wedding in the Hudson Valley. In the planning stages, he was very helpful. He was available by phone, email, skype, however we needed. That made planning our wedding from multiple states away much easier. He listened to what we wanted, and helped us consider... Read More things we didn't even know we had to think about in terms of music, introductions, flow of the evening, setup logistics, etc. He also provided some online tools to make song selections and planning easy and centralized. The evening of, he was on time, worked with the venue coordinator extremely well, and, true to his word, blended in to the background (he's not one of those shock jock LOOK AT ME DJ's). The musical selection kept our normally non-dancing families on the dance floor. Finally, he helped coordinate with the groom a surprise video for the bride, never spilling the secret. Would recommend to anyone looking for a DJ. He understands and follows what kind of music you want, what kind of atmosphere you want throughout the night, and helps to guide your evening without you having to worry about anything.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kristen C

My husband and I are huge music fans but not huge dancers and we wanted to find someone that would help guide our cocktail style reception. We were looking for someone who really understood our love of music that didn’t fall in the top 20 charts and also wasn’t a crazy hyper... Read More Emcee style DJ. Lou is, simply put, the best at what he does. He LOVES music and you can tell from the amount of work he puts into the Skype meetings with his clients, the forms on his website that help him learn about the people he’s working with and his unbelievably easy going day-of-event demeanor that he truly cares My husband and I are laid back people and finding a DJ who felt right in with that vibe was priceless. Two major thumbs up for Paris Creative and we would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Lori C

DJ selection Perfection!!! We wanted jumpin, dancin celebration....Lou delivered. The crowd demanded fewer breaks than scheduled and Lou just kept it rollin! Lou mixed musical genres perfectly so the dance floor was full with young and old alike. All Night Long.... Thank you... Read More Lou! All of our friends and family are still talking about how fantastic you were!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Guerin G

WOW, where do we start! My now Husband and I are more than pleased with DJ Lou! He went above and beyond to make our special day perfect! He was so organized, thoughtful, well prepared, sweet, kind, and listened very well! He was also very accepting and was more than happy to DJ... Read More our same-sex wedding! From the beginning of meeting Lou he took the time to listen to all of the kinds of music we liked and provided his years of expertise to make the perfect mix of music! All of our guests were so pleased by him as well and he had everyone up out of their seats dancing all night! Thank you so very much Lou, we loved having you as our DJ! Welcome to our family! Guerin & Stephen

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kristina C

Lou is the best! He is very professional and organized and went above and beyond for us- just a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend him! You won't regret it! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Tyler D

Lou was the perfect DJ for our wedding. From the initial planning stages up until our wedding day, Lou was incredibly helpful, prepared and easy to contact. From meeting with him in person and filling out our wedding information on the online profile, we felt that he perfectly... Read More understood what we wanted. On our wedding day Lou did a great job announcing everyone, playing the music that was right for our crowd, and kept everything well paced. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Jamie S

Lou was extremely easy to work with, had a great personality, & always prepared! Very important qualities to have at a wedding. From allowing us to choose our own dinner music to preparing his own awesome music choices for the reception, he was on top of everything. He even took... Read More a few requests from guests that we enjoyed as well. My favorite part was that he was able to accommodate my brother & I in performing a surprise song for my husband (which my husband loved). All in all, we had a great time working with DJ Lou, and we highly recommend him for his services. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Danielle K

My husband and I got married in early June and worked with Lou as our DJ for the evening. From day 1 Lou was fabulous to work with! Emails were answered usually within a few hours and even over the weekend which I completely appreciated. He kept a great pace of our wedding day... Read More timeline and always made sure to keep my husband and I in the loop when we were approaching any special portion of our evening. You will not go wrong with Lou!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

Lou was a total pro, through and through. Well prepared, great communication throughout the planning process, easy to use website to pick playlists and required songs. He did a good job both on the mic introducing people and moving things along, and with the music choices that... Read More we didn't select specifically. All around excellent experience. I recommend him highly for anyone in the Hudson Valley.