Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

398 Garden Oaks Blvd., Houston, TX (713) 937-0134

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Jordan H

We had the pleasure of working with Darrell and DJU and I can't say enough great things about them! He took the time to meet with me in person to discuss details and as well as provide his insight! He was flexible with the meeting time and was so easy to work with! We are still... Read More getting compliments about the music and how fantastic Darrell was at keeping the party going! The dance floor was NEVER empty all night! 10 out of 10 would recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Colleen O

Darrell at DJU Productions was recommended to me as the “best in the business”. After having him as the DJ at my wedding, I could not agree more. From the time of booking until the end of our reception, Darryl was professional, friendly and responsible. During our reception,... Read More he did a great job of making sure our dance floor was packed the whole time which was extremely important to us. Darrell made sure all of our requests were honored while also offering great advice when needed. If you want your reception to be a big dance party, then I would highly recommend Darrell at DJU.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kieu P

Darrell did a wonderful job being the MC and DJ! Really got the guests up and dancing. We also rented the photo booth and lights from DJU. Everyone was blown away with the lighting and had so much fun with the photo booth!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Meghan W

We were extremely pleased with Darrell from DJU Productions. He makes it pretty easy with the forms & is really accessible via email or phone. Our wedding was a constant party & exactly what we wanted. He kept the crowd engaged. Thank you Darrell!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Monica P

When I first spoke to my DJ (Darrell), a referral from my planner, I thought I hit the jackpot on finding a great DJ. I let him know how important music was to me and how the dance was a huge part of what I wanted people to enjoy. He seemed to understand exactly what I was... Read More thinking and feeling for the type of music I wanted played. So- I spent HOURS creating an awesome list of songs to play and a decent amount of songs for my do not play list. We spoke the week before the wedding and thought we were on the same page. Well- it was a waste of time on my end because of my requested songs, only three were played (one being the intro) and I had multiple songs from my do not play list used. I totally get you can't have every song played and you have to feed into what the crowd likes but I just was so disappointed. Only when I told my planners I was getting upset did I finally get a second requested song. Multiple people who went up to him to request songs said he reeked of smoke- which isn't a deal breaker but not professional when you're to be interactive and the smell can bother people. Thank goodness we still had a good dancing crowd regardless, but from a bride perspective I was so highly disappointed. On a positive the sound system worked well and for our large room people seemed to be able to hear nice and clear. With some tweaks I would have recommended otherwise.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Katie D

We used DJU for our reception DJ and photobooth. We met with them prior to the wedding and made sure to note that all we wanted was for everyone to dance and have a good time. Our DJ was Kenny and he did a great job ensuring that everyone had a blast! I highly recommend DJU and... Read More Kenny as your DJ. : )

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Janine O

They are HORRIBLE! - I wrote out several lists for the DJ.. Must play songs, Don't play songs , left clear instructions. I gave him at least 6 hours worth of songs to play. He was unprepared. Played songs know one had ever heard of. Got the Bride AND grooms names wrong- Justin... Read More and Janine - not very hard names... and worst part of all?? We rented the photo booth from them and every person received a photos that said Justin and JANE. And when a friend pointed it out to him he just said that he don't know how to change it. After complaining they promised us a new photo book but that was weeks ago.

Impersonal service

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Rachel T

I was recommended to DJU productions by a family member's coworker. The initial price sounded good, and they were available for my date, so I decided to meet with them. I should have known that their professionalism was a little lacking when I first arrived at the office.... Read More I passed by several employees who didn't greet me, and I awkwardly waited around for the person I was meeting. When I met with him, we discussed my ideas about music, and we settled plans. The man I met with was nice enough, so I figured it would be fine. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the DJ I had been talking to would not actually be the DJ that came to my wedding. The DJ that came to my wedding was polite, professional, and for the most part competent with his job, but there were some issues. The biggest problem is that he cut our first dance song WAY short. The song started playing when we entered our reception room, and we made our way to the dance floor. Once we got to the dance floor, the song only played for maybe 45 seconds, then he faded it out. My husband and I had practiced a dance to the song... and we barely got to dance any of it. We just awkwardly had to stop dancing since the music was done. I'm not sure where the confusion happened... but my instructions said to play the whole song. When I told the DJ, he was very apologetic, but there was nothing that could fix that. There's no re-dos for your first dance. I still had a great wedding, and the rest of the night went fine, but I was really bummed not to really have that moment with my husband. Oddly, he played the entire 5 minute song for the mother-groom dance. It was long and kind of awkward... we'd asked in our instructions for that song to be faded out a little early. So, basically, my husband and his mom got to dance for way longer than my husband and I go to. Overall, this company isn't terrible, but I do think they need to make sure that you can meet *your actually wedding DJ* early on and really explain your plans to them so they don't make mistakes like that. I was pretty low maintenance otherwise... I gave him a lot of freedom on what music to play at my wedding. But the first dance was important to us.

Not perfect but good enough

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Yen

I added the additional photobooth which was $1000, which I thought was a bit high. Especially when I've used photobooth before for my other parties and only costing $300. Because this was part of my wedding venue, I guess they charged me more for the same product. Hardly... Read More anyone used it though. Maybe only a third of my guests took pictures. I'm glad I had thay add am option at my wedding for those who likes photobooth pictures. But it was definitely too pricey. The DJ thay showed up was not the one I was in contact with. So I thought that was unprofessional. there was miscommunications with the guy that did show up since we was not part of the email threads. He was also not that interactive worth my guests.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Ginger D

Our wedding was awesome! Thank yall so much for a great time!! Monogram and photo-booth was a hit too!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 KK K

DJU was soo amazing. They did my wedding ceremony and my reception at Briscoe Manor. We had Darrell as our DJ and we could not be happier about it. He was on top of everything, always making sure we were on the same page and double checking everything. He was a great asset to... Read More the reception because he really felt the crowd out and played what they wanted so that was perfect. We also got a photo lounge from them and the guest had a fun time with that. I would definitely recommend them if music is important to you because they will get it right and handle everything for you so you are stress free and can enjoy the night. Also if you can request Darrell because he is awesome =]

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Maggie

I was up in the air about who I was going to pick for a DJ but after seeing DJU at the Bridal Extravaganza and another bridal show I was sold by their energy and personalities. I began working with Kyle, a sales rep, who was awesome. He was very understanding and super... Read More helpful. Their outlines are really easy to fill out and not only give the DJ a good idea of what you are wanting the outlines give you a better idea of what you actually want as well. After filling out the ceremony and reception outline and turning it in, Kyle, my sales rep, called and we went over everything together. He asked very specific questions about what I wanted which I really appreciated. He gave me all the info on who my DJ was, when he would arrive, etc. at this time as well. That is the only downside to using their services - you don't get to meet your DJ prior to the event - and you don't get to pick who you will use (though you can request). It didn't turn out to be an issue for me because Stephen/Steven (not sure on the spelling) was WONDERFUL. He was on time, friendly, engaging and played music that fit our style perfectly. The one small mishap we had was corrected quickly and he was incredibly apologetic for the error. I was thrilled with their services and honestly the music made the wedding a huge hit! I would not only recommend him and DJU to others I would use their services personally again.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

Phil was AMAZING!!! He did exactly what we asked- which was to keep the dance floor packed. He stuck with our taste in music and really had a knack for feeling the crowd. He even handled one of our drunk guests cussing him out in a very professionally way. (Drunk uncle that had... Read More absolutely no reason to be mad at poor Phil guess that's what happens when you get married at a brewery!!!) My husband and I were mainly focused on spending time with the guest and dancing so Phil knew how to fade out the father/daughter dance, first dance, and mother/son dance nicely. I recommend Phil to anyone having an event where you want people to just party and celebrate. Phil was on point with everything!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Taylor L

This DJ company was a preferred vendor of the venue, so we gave them our business. Please realize that you are signing up with a DJ company, and you do not get to select your DJ. We reserved our date, and mailed in our check two weeks before the wedding, as instructed on the... Read More contract. We also sent in our wedding timeline and completed their required survey listing songs they "must play," songs they should "try to play," and songs in the "do not play" category. A few days later, we get a call to set up a consultation with "our DJ." We gladly do so, but after the meeting, we are told that the guy we met with and went over the agenda with will not be our DJ for the night (what a waste of time). At the meeting, they also told us that they changed their address without notifying clients with existing contracts (who they should be expecting payments from), but said that our previously mailed check should get forwarded to them. The morning of the wedding while I'm getting ready, I get a call from the DJ company wanting a credit card number because they never received the check. It would have been a lot less stressful if they would have just notified their clients of their change in address. Then, at the wedding, I was trying to explain the introductions to our actual DJ since we met with someone else at our meeting. He completely blew me off and kept saying "I got it" over and over. Well, he didn't understand and ended up messing up the introduction. Throughout the night, he did not play songs from our "must play" list that we spent hours putting together. We had selected music for all age groups so that everyone would have a good time, but most of our song choices were disregarded. At the end of the night, he started playing rap music (which was not part of our requested song list, nor was it even a requested genre). Many of our older guests left the wedding 15-20 minutes before our exit because the DJ played only rap music at the end of the night. To top off our already rough experience, our DJ chose to stand directly in the center at the end of our exit tunnel taking photos with his phone, while our hired professional photographers and videographer were trying to shoot over/around him. I do not recommend booking with this DJ company.

Good DJ

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Tamara R

I chose DJU as my DJ as they were a preferred vendor by my wedding venue, Briscoe Manor. I figured that would be best since they would be familiar with the location and staff at that facility. I am soooo glad I chose them! First of all, they are very easy to work and very... Read More accommodating when it comes to payment. You do not have to put down a deposit but payment is due in full two weeks before the wedding date. That worked really great for us. They are also very organized. When you book with them they send you a reception outline that you complete with your songs of choice as well as any extras you want to include in your receptions. This really helped me organize my thoughts for the reception and get a big picture of what my reception was going to be like. Also, my husband and I are HUGE music people and we love so many different type and genres of must so it was reassuring to know that DJU will get any song that you request. For example, we requested a lot of Texas Country music which isn’t in their music library on their website but they were able to get it for us. The DJ we had was fun and kept the party going all night. He also verified all the names with us beforehand so he was sure to not mispronounce anyone’s name which was very thoughtful. Although we only used for DJ services at our reception, they can also do ceremony music as well as up-lighting and special effects. A good DJ for the price.

#1 DJ EVER

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Meghan W

If you really want your reception to be the party of the century, then you need to call Guy or Bryan at DJU Productions. These 2 guys are the best DJs I have ever had the privilege of meeting and working with. Guy was originally going to be our DJ but he had family stuff come up... Read More at the last minute so he chose Bryan for us. When we met Guy, we were able to tell him exactly what our vision was for the reception. We told him exactly what kind of music we wanted played during dinner and then even the specific songs that we wanted played at specific times during the reception. We told him what kind of DJ personality we were looking for and he definitely delivered. They provided uplighting (we were able to choose the color we wanted with was nice so we didn't have to have plain white lights). Bryan was amazing. There were a couple of songs that he didnt have downloaded prior to the reception when we asked him to play them but he was able to download them within minutes and get them played. He definitely kept the party going and the dancefloor was never less than packed. All everyone has been able to talk about since the wedding was how much fun they had dancing and partying. That was all thanks to Bryan and DJU Productions.

Very disappointed, disorganized service, no communication

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Lauren H

We hired DJU Productions for lighting for our wedding ceremony this September. Our ceremony was at night outdoors and we needed professional lighting so that we could see and be seen by our guests and photographer. We got the quote from Bill for over $600. Week before the... Read More wedding we checked in with the company only to find the man we were working with had left the company and had not handed off our event to any of his coworkers. After some scrambling they were able to pull something together. The lighting they provided for the wedding was pathetic. 10 orange colored uplights (we requested and our invoice said WHITE) that not only blinded us, but made us shadowy. My minister could not see her sermon because of the angle of the lighting (from below). There was no spotlighting or general lighting as was requested. We were extremely disappointed.

Darrel was great!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Cassie C

This place is very professional and listened to everything I wanted. Darrel was professional and knew how to pump up the crowd without being tacky!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 lindsey

The guys were great! This was the only vendor that my groom wanted input with. With his busy schedule it was hard for him to make decisions, DJU was very patient and allowed us to add more products the week of the wedding. Adding things last minute opened the margin for error... Read More up, but everything was perfect!

Good

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Colleen M

Darrell was our DJ. He did a good job! He was a very good mc throughout the event and kept the night on track with the timeline. The only thing I had an issue with was when people requested songs to be played they were told no requests were being taken. Overall we were happy... Read More with DJU Productions!

Photolounge & decor great - DJ just ok

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Laura S

My husband and I used DJ for a photolounge (open air photobooth), light-up cocktail tables, party lights, light monogram on the wall, and DJ. I loved the photolounge - they accommodated my desire to not have any face-blocking props and the attendant helped people put together a... Read More scrapbook with all the pictures and personal messages. The light-up cocktail tables looked great - we had a mix of blue and white to go with our color scheme. At first I wasn't happy with the lighting options but after a meeting with Jason (one of the head guys) I understood better what Guy (my main contact) had been trying to explain about how the different lights would interact with the black floor and ceiling at my venue without fog (not allowed). In the end we came up with a plan that looked great! I also loved the monogram that they put together and was shining on the wall. What I didn't like was the DJ. I was supposed to have one of their best but I didn't like him. I didn't find out who I was getting till less than 2 weeks before my event. My husband and I can't even remember the guys name...shorter guy. I had developed a great relationship with Guy over 3+ in-person meetings and numerous phone conversations. But he was busy during the event but did stop by before to check that the setup was done correctly (my husband saw him). I thought the assigned DJ would set up a brief meeting with us or at least come by before the ceremony and introduce himself since he'd be an integral part of the party later in the night. However, DJ we got didn't even introduce himself to me when he came to practice names before announcing the bridal party - I thought he was part of the wedding venue. My family commented after the fact about his lack of personality (I was too distracted that night). So confirm that you can get Guy before you book.

Great!

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Debra C

our DJ was awesome! and so was the photo booth we got from them; couldn't be happier!

Good DJ

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Emma S

Overall, the DJ was fine. I'm not sure that he was the DJ we had been communicating with all along because he seemed confused the whole time and kept coming up to me (bride) and my brother with questions. None of the guests noticed the confusion, though. Our only complaints were... Read More that he was under dressed and we specifically requested NO country music, but he played 3 random country songs in a row more than once. All in all, we got a good DJ for a good price. He announced stuff with good timing and played most of our top 20 must play! When the outdoor ceremony got rained out, he helped my brother get everything set up inside and let us use his sound system to play our ceremony music. We wish we would have purchased dance floor lighting and uplighting for the reception!

Party on!

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Xinchen W

Guy Branche did a fantastic job at our wedding – we can’t speak highly enough about him. He was talented, professional, enthusiastic, friendly, and responsive. Many guests told us that they really liked our DJ, too. Guy kept the dance floor full all night long – the handful... Read More of times when it seemed like guests might be getting a little tired, Guy would play a song that got everyone energized and back on the dance floor. When one of our guests requested a song that wasn’t in the song library, Guy managed to procure it for us on the spot and play it. Guy was really able to pick up on what our guests liked and keep the party rocking! Guy was alert throughout the night and picked up subtle cues from us during songs/dances (usually a slight nod of the head to move on to the next song). Guy also had a smile on his face all night long, which was great. Guy was so nice throughout the entire planning process, meeting with my husband and me twice and corresponding as needed via email. DJU helped us think through all our music needs for the ceremony and the reception, and played the exact versions of the pieces that we requested. We loved the photo lounge as well – the lounge was much roomier than the typical photo booth, and DJU wasn’t stingy with the number of photo strips printed for each take. Lastly, we had DJU provide all our lighting for the reception – we had 20 uplights, and they made our venue (the Parador) look absolutely incredible. Most importantly, they did all the planning and set up themselves! I didn’t have to tell them where to put any of the lights! In fact, Guy and his team set up all the equipment for the ceremony and the reception. We didn’t have to worry about setup or breakdown at all, which meant one fewer thing to have to think about on the wedding day.

Fun and reserved

Reviewed on 3/14/2014 Heather T

Thank you, Guy! We had such a great time at our wedding reception, thanks to you. We decided to use DJU Productions for our ceremony and reception. DJU was affiliated with out venue so the cost was incorporated into that contract. We had chosen a selection of intstrumental... Read More pieces from the Piano Guys for the ceremony, and although we didn't see the songs in the databse, DJU was able to play all of them just as we had asked. Guy had a great voice and personality. His announcements throughout the reception drove the right type of atmosphere for our celebration. We had a large mix of ages at our wedding, from as young as a few months old to as old as 90. The volume of the music was perfect to allow friends and family to visit with each other throughout the ceremony, while also allowing those who wanted to have fun to do so. We had many kids (including 5 of our own, as we were joining our two families) and people from all ages on the dance floor throughout the afternoon. There was a good mix of slow dances for the couples, and faster songs for the young at heart. Guy seemed to read the audience and keep the music to songs that would keep people out on the dance floor. We also had karaoke. I was a little concerned about how that would go over, but my husband loves to sing, and especially sing to me, so I knew at least he would be at the mic. It turned out, though, that this was a big hit with our younger audience. We had a line for the karaoke most of the afternoon. Guy was very considerate of our younger guests and played radio versions of all the songs. He also did a great job at taking requests, and working with the children throughout the day. When it was time for us to depart, our 5 year-old had a meltdown because although she had sung many, many songs, she had not yet sung wrecking ball. As everyone else lined up outside to see us off, Guy agreed to play one more song for her.