DJUj Mobile Music Lights & Entertainment

Elmhurst, IL

Dance

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

145 N Elm Ave, Elmhurst, IL (630) 880-1603

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 Becca S

Best Dj ever!! We used him for our wedding and could not be happier with our choice! His personality and energy level is awesome! I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Sharon L

My wife and I were recommended James at DJUJ by a friend as we were searching for someone to play our wedding. We drove out to Rosemont and watched him play for a short while before booking him on the spot! This guy is absolutely amazing. There is so much more to DJing than... Read More simply playing music, especially at a wedding, and James is truly a professional. He has an energetic and welcoming personality, and he is fantastic at setting the mood, be it a fast-paced jam with everyone moving on the dance floor or a slow romantic melody. I can’t imagine our wedding without James as our DJ. We have since recommended him to several of our friends, however we are not the only ones who have noticed his talent, and his schedule fills up fast! If you can book him, you will not be disappointed with James as your DJ/master of ceremonies. Tony and Sharon Stafford - April 28th,2017

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Angela B

James was amazing. I have 2 other friends who used him for their wedding before I did. His price is unbeatable and service exceeds expectations. He is quick to respond to emails and texts/calls during the planning process. Not one of those huge vendors where you get a secretary... Read More or they don't respond for a few days--you speak right to James everytime. Also, my hall was dark and he went ahead and tossed in uplighting free because he didn't like the way the hall looked. Reliable and affordable ! Thanks again dj jimmy!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Karen P

We used DJUJ as our Dj For our new years eve wedding. He was a success!!! All we asked is to keep the dance floor packed..and he did. He knows music very well and has such a variety. You can definitely tell he has a passion for music! He had every song our guests requested! He... Read More was so easy to work with, professional, great personality and was a great fit for us! He followed up with us prior to the wedding several times and checked in during the wedding as well. A very pleasant person to deal with. Every one talked about him and how nice he was and how he kept the crowd moving! We asked for gold up-lighting and he brought more than expected and lite the venue up. Just perfect for our new years eve Wedding! I would highly recommend djuj for your wedding!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Brittany P

James was a fantastic DJ! He kept the party going all night! He was so personable when we met with him and totally got us! We wanted the dance floor packed with our guests and James delivered that with his playlist. It was a pleasure working with him and we highly recommend... Read More anyone to hire him!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Marco E

DJUj was our wedding DJ. He was incredible. It was a non-stop party from beginning to to end. He was organized and able to play anything we wanted. I would recommend him for any and every occasion! GREAT JOB JIMMY!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Abby D

James was AMAZING! He was so great to work with and was able to accommodate all of the requests we made. He was so personable and friendly. We want him to be a part of our family now :p We really enjoyed the way he was able to play songs that were mentioned in speeches as well... Read More as doing fun intros for each of the speech givers. He also played a variety of music, including video game and movie theme songs, which we enjoyed. He was family friendly and brought hula hoops and played songs for the kids to dance to as well. We would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Laura S

My husband and I hired DJUJ for our wedding this weekend. He was amazing! Very easy to work with, professional, and very outgoing. He kept thanking us all night long for choosing him, and we couldn't thank him enough for the wonderful job he did. Our wedding was a... Read More Mexican/Polish wedding, and he blended the music well, he exceeded our expectations. I'm happy to have agreed to my husband's choice of DJ, someone recommended James to my husband, and I am very grateful for that. I would recommend DJUJ to anyone, and look forward to using him again in the near future whenever an opportunity arrises. He is an awesome entertainer as well. He knows how to work his magic to keep kids busy too, with activities and music. He is reasonable with pricing, very well organized. He has a long list of variety of music, and if he doesn't have the song, he will get it for you. He even mashed 2 songs for me together (english version with spanish version),for me to dance with my daddy. THANK YOU DJUJ for a wonderful night to remember!!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Michelle W

James was an exceptional DJ! He kept our guests dancing the night away and made it easy to make requests for special music. He was prompt and had excellent equipment. He was very professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. I would hire him for ANY event that I host in... Read More the future. Thank you for making our day special!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Jessie E

James was our wedding reception DJ and he was absolutely incredible. He was pleasant to work with from day one, always responding to all emails/calls right away and answering all of my questions. Pricing is extremely reasonable! Choosing music and the timeline for the reception... Read More was a breeze and all done online. He is very organized and the night went exactly as planned with no hiccups, and the uplights were beautiful! The guests at our wedding went on and on about how great he was, especially with all of the kids! He got them all up and dancing towards the end of dinner/cake so the adults could enjoy their meals and they all had a blast. He really knows how to get a crowd up and dancing, even people who usually aren't comfortable on the dance floor. There was never a dull moment at our wedding and several guests commented on how they have never had so much fun at a wedding reception, and I believe that James had a big part in those compliments. I have nothing but amazing things to say about him. I will forever look back on my special day and remember how much fun I had, thank you so much for helping to make it so memorable, James!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Katherine D

We attended a wedding last summer with DJUj. We thought he did a great job, and the bride highly recommended him to us when we were looking for a DJ for our own wedding. His website was very detailed and easy to use. We met with him the week before the wedding. It was the most... Read More efficient meeting we had been to in the whole planning process! He brought great tips and advice that really helped the wedding day go smoothly. He got to the wedding ceremony early to set up, and everything was exactly as planned. He DJ’d the reception, and he did an awesome job taking requests and keeping things moving without any awkward transitions. He did an awesome job of keeping the day on schedule!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Sarah F

When we were researching possible DJs to meet with for our wedding we received a referral for James from a family member, and asked a friend for his DJ's information from his wedding (Since we really enjoyed his DJ). When we found out both DJs were the same person, we knew we... Read More had the right guy! James was great through the whole process. He made everything effortless, and kept everything moving from the ceremony to the reception. He really watches the guests during dancing to gauge what is the best music style to keep everyone out on the dance floor. We would highly recommend James to anyone looking for a fun, professional DJ for any event!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Christie L

James, DJuJ, recently DJ’d our late July wedding. A week later we are still hearing from our guests how amazing the music was and we couldn’t agree more. James was so easy to work with, from booking to finalizing the details of the day, he was able to take care of it all. He... Read More keeps the paperwork easy by using a website to keep track of your music selections, introductions, etc. This helped give me peace of mind that all the important details would be included! From there, he made sure to keep the night running, on schedule, all while engaging with our wedding party to make it the best night of our lives. We met with James the week before our wedding to finalize details and discuss the” feel” we wanted and he nailed it. Our dance floor was packed all night thanks to his amazing work. He could easily charge double what he does for the service he provides!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Tricia T

James was the DJ for our wedding on 7-15-17. From the first conversation we had and leading up to the wedding, James was very responsive. He was enthusiastic, professional, and accommodating. He has many years of experience, yet is very affordable. James is also very military... Read More friendly. James makes the planning process super easy by allowing his clients to use his online database. I was able to generate a song list for him to use at our wedding. The dancefloor was packed the whole time! He stayed true to our vision and what we wanted played. James also catered to the crowd and emceed the perfect amount. Some DJ's talk too much or make the party about themselves. Not the case with James! It was all about our day and our guests having fun! We had up lighting and a personalized monogram that truly set the mood. I would recommend DJUJ to anyone that wants a professional,fun, and affordable experience!!! He brought the party to life!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Beth C

We were actually referred to Jimmy by friends of ours that had gotten married before us and used him. And can I say I am super glad that we found him! He was so helpful throughout the whole process, very attentive and quick to respond to emails too. Setting everything up online... Read More can be alittle sonfused and I am glad he was there to help. I had a couple songs that he did not have in his library of songs and he made sure to get the songs I wanted for me!! The night of the event, he came looking professional, had everything set-up and ready to go, and kept the party alive! We had gotten together with him the week before to go over the timeline of the evening and he made sure to follow that to the best of his ability all night long! Overall we are very happy with Jimmy and his services and if we ever need a DJ again we will be contacting him!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Annie B

James is AMAZING! A DJ can make or break a wedding, but James was perfect. He knew how to read the room and how to keep the party going! So thankful for his services!!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Amy F

I hired DJ James as my DJ after experiencing his work at two other weddings. I loved his variety of music and how easy it was to request songs. After hiring him, I was impressed by his organization and quick communication. When I met with him, he listened to my requests and... Read More offered his own expertise. On the day of my wedding, he was at the venue early setting up and even gave me a quick update. His online system is convenient and user friendly as well. Overall, I truly enjoyed working with him and appreciated his services immensely!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Veronica W

Thank you DJ James Mastrino for making our wedding so much fun and absolutely unforgettable! DJ James is an absolute professional and incredibly easy to work with. He responded very quickly to all of our questions and requests and I loved his song-request website- all of these... Read More things made the planning process easier than I could have ever hoped for! He is fun and energetic and I received many compliments from our guests on what a great entertainer he was. He really exceeds my expectations and I absolutely could not recommend him any more!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Michelle C

Hire James! We had an amazing, stress free, wedding ceremony and reception because of DJ James! He was prepared, professional, and SO much fun! Our guests danced all night! He was happy to follow our lead or take charge whenever we wanted. He is the guy you want at your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Colleen W

I can NOT say enough positive remarks about James. I first met James 3 years ago at my sister's wedding. I was super impressed how well he kept the crowd dancing, he was professional, fun, and read the crowd well. He also helped in keeping the flow of the evening seamless. I... Read More loved him so much I recommended him to a friend (where he did and awesome job) and to another friend (again, an epic dancing night) for their weddings. Fast forward 3 years and I was able to book him for my wedding this past week. He did not disappoint. There was never a moment our dance floor wasn't full. He played all the requests on our "must play list". He was able to find songs that weren't on his list of music. He was professional, courteous, and an amazing DJ. I will continue to recommend him to any one that needs an awesome DJ. Thank you James for playing such a part of our amazing day :)

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Alyson K

James was amazing! I am so pleased we chose to use him as our wedding DJ. James and I corresponded through email. He was always quick to respond and answered all my questions thoroughly. He offers a military discount, a very nice gesture to fellow veterans. (Both my husband... Read More and I are veterans so it helped!). Even without it James has very fair rates! James uses an "online planning form" where you can select songs and organize them based on "must play" "maybe play" and "don't play". Truly allows you to customize your experience. It also keeps everything organized. The day of James was on time, friendly, and incredibly professional. He was able to balance both my "want list" as well as my guests requests. James as attentive and changed the music as needed to keep people on the dance floor! I can't say enough, he made the whole process simple and fun! Go with DJUJ for your event!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Rebecca D

DJUJ (Jimmy) is a rare find and the real deal! He DJed and provided lighting for both our wedding and reception at Bartlett Hills Golf Club on April 22, 2017 and he REALLY nailed it! He offered creativity, flexibility and professionalism we were looking for. But Jimmy's... Read More personalization of our playlist, attention to detail, and genuine care were added bonuses that truly made him THE best vendor decision we made for our whole wedding day! He was so reasonable and accommodating on all of our special and sometimes complicated requests. He meticulously created two custom dance mixes: one for my brother-sister dance and a surprise bride-and-bridesmaid dance that my girls and I put together for my groom. These two dances ended up being two of the most important and memorable parts of our day and we couldn't have done it without Jimmy! On the Big Day, Jimmy's up-lighting turned out so shockingly beautiful and truly helped set the mood. He did an amazing job making such a huge impact on the entire reception venue and paid very close attention to detail. He did an amazing job reading our crowd: he adjusted music as-needed based on energy in the room. When the "glass clinking" started to die down, Jimmy asked if we wanted guests come up and kiss in front of us to "show us how it's done" which ended up being a HIT and so fun for the crowd we had. So many of our guests even commented on how Jimmy was the coolest guy and best DJ they had ever experienced at a wedding and we're still hearing about it over a month later. We couldn't agree more! We honestly couldn't have been happier choosing him as our DJ. Thank you for going above and beyond and making our day extra special, Jimmy! -Rebecca & Jon Paul

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Josephine O

People remember weddings by the food and music. If you want a crowded dance floor, and phone calls for days after from guests who said they had an incredible time at your wedding, then DJUj is the way to go. We booked him based off personal impressions. I was in a wedding a few... Read More years ago, and knowing we would be getting married in a few years, my now husband and I had been scoping out vendors. My husband knew after that wedding that we needed him at ours. 2 years later, we had lost his business card, and another friend recommended her DJ ( she booked him after having him recommended by friends). We met with him and turns out James was the DJ we had loved from the original wedding. From our first meeting, we were impressed. He helped us plan out the day, recommended songs for different parts of the wedding, and was so patient at the end of the night when we couldn't get our quick-pay to work. He is a master at his craft! We would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Kim R

DJUj is the BOMB! BOOK HIM NOW! I stood up with my best friend as her maid of honor for her April 2017 wedding, and DJUj could not have done a better job. His 20 years of experience is obvious, as he does everything with ease: from accompanying the ceremony with music, to... Read More helping the speeches flow smoothly, to getting the whole crowd involved in the dance party. When my friend got engaged, I knew recommending DJUj to her would help ease her stress, trusting that he would do the best he could to make the night perfect for her and her guests. He surely did not disappoint. Thank you, DJUj!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Hannah Z

I had DJUj for my April 2017 wedding, and I have nothing but good things to say about him. When my fiance and I met up with him, he was so personable and pleasant. I had a list of questions and he answered them all without me even having to ask. I could tell he would be upbeat... Read More and cater to what I was looking for in a DJ. I loved that he had over 20 years experience and does it because he loves what he does. For the actual reception he was great to work with. Before he did introductions of the bridal party, he asked each one if he had the pronunciation correct. He was great with the crowd and the dance floor was filled the entire night. He brought hula hoops for the kids that were there and they loved it. The music he played during dinner was absolutely perfect. It was like he read my mind of what I wanted for that time and played it at the perfect volume. All in all, he was an amazing DJ. I have already recommended him to two of my friends that are recently engaged. Book him!