DnA Music Entertainment

Ames/Des Moines AREA

DnA Music Entertainment is a full service dj company based out of Ames and Des Moines area. We pride ourselves on the ability to play just the right song to make people get up and dance. We are focused on providing high-quality entertainment and customer service every time!!

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

203 W Cleveland St, Zearing, IA
Ames/Des Moines AREA

DJ for cocktail hour and wedding reception

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Shanna O

DnA Music Entertainment is a father and son pair which was great! They set up a simple system as background music for a cocktail hour and a full system for the reception dance and dinner. It seemed as though everyone really enjoyed themselves when it came to the dancing to the music! I thought they played quite a bit of older music rather than something newer and more our style. However, it was very nice for many of our guests who enjoyed it. We had our reception outside on the terrace and out of nowhere a small rain storm came through at the end of the night. Luckily we another space to move to and they were able to move their equipment very quickly to keep the night going.

Very Impressed!

Reviewed on 9/15/2012 Emily F

To say we were pleased to have DnA Music Entertainment as our DJ for our wedding would be an understatement. They were very easy to work with, priced very reasonably, and AMAZING DJ's at our wedding!! They played all of the songs we requested, and kept everyone dancing until the last song of the night. Since then we have had so many guests say how much they enjoyed the reception and how GREAT the DJ's were :) They were fantastic!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Katie P

Derek Zerr was amazing to work with. They really did a great job of making my day very special. They do a great job of working with what you want and finding music that you request. They also do a cool think call up lighting, colored lights around the room, which adds a really nice effect.

Awesome DJ Duo!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Katelynne

We were really happy that we had DnA come out to DJ for our wedding reception. The father-son pair was awesome at getting people up out of their seats and dancing. I really enjoyed that they were easy to work with and they had a list of things that you filled out before hand so they knew what to play and at what time to play it. They were also very accommodating with our requested song list and to not play songs that we had previously said not to. I heard so many compliments throughout the night about the music, so as a bride, i was more than happy to know that my guests were having a great time, thanks to DnA :)

Top Notch DJ

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Lexi O

DnA Entertainment went above and beyond to make our day perfect. From the ceremony to reception the music, lighting, and entertainment was flawless. Very quick service!

Ballin' DJ

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Karmen R

This dad and son duo definitely gives you a bang for your buck. They put on a fantastic song line up that kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. They are open to anything you need and roll with the punches which is so helpful on such a busy day!

Great experience with them!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2011 Kendra B

My favorite thing about this duo, was the father's "DJ voice". I couldn't get over how perfect his voice was to catch our guest's attention and to keep the night going!! They worked with our budget, and have TONS of features and equipment! The only thing I was kind of bummed out about, was I didn't hear a lot of the songs I requested on their sheets for the 20 songs we definitely wanted to hear through the night. May it be, I was just super busy running and dancing around greeting people, but I was a little disappointed I didn't hear some of those songs I spent so long looking for and listing for them. :) But over all- GREAT JOB!!!!

DnA Entertainment perfect for your reception!!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Nicole B

I actually found this DJ (Derek) on craiglist after a poor experience I had with another DJ (Select Entertainment)...I am soooo glad I found him. He and his helper were great, and so very affordable, he was even willing to work within my budget which was so sweet!! He replied to every single email within hours so I never felt 'looked over' (this was a problem with the initial DJ we chose) and he was very 'onboard' for anything. They had every single song I asked for both before and during my reception. Every single song I asked for they played on the spot...they were alot of fun and kept the reception going. My entire family was up and dancing, which I have NEVER seen before...they LOVED our DJ and so did we. A+++++++ give 'em a call!!!

TO DnA Music Entertainment