Book Your Wedding with Dolce Norwalk

A BALLROOM IN NORWALK, CT

Outdoor spaces. Couples can be wed under the hotels' "wedding tree," in a pond-side ceremony or in a spacious meadow. The hotel's inviting outdoor courtyard serves as an optimal space for cocktail hour, with brick walls, old fashioned street lamps and tall trees providing shade and ambiance.

Ballroom. The indoor ballroom features intricate chandeliers and oversized windows that allow for plenty of natural light. The warm wooden trim and parquet dance floor will have guests dancing all night.

The Dolce Norwalk Hotel's waterfront setting is perfect for ceremonies, receptions and cocktail parties. The land features views of the sprawling Connecticut countryside and a historic barn contributes to the authentic countryside vibe.

The on-site wedding coordinator and culinary team work with couples to select a customized menu. There is an emphasis on the use of seasonal and locally grown ingredients to create flavorful dishes, and menu options include such tantalizing dishes as grilled swordfish with mango salsa and roasted chicken breast with sweet onion jam. Passed hors d'oeuvres selections, like chicken curry salad on an apple boat and crab and avocado salsa on homemade tortilla chips, will have guests raving about the food. Brides boast about the fact that the coordinating staff let the couple know when food was coming out of the kitchen, so they could take a moment to sit down and enjoy a wedding-day meal.

The Dolce Norwalk is a full-service hotel with 120 updated guest rooms and modern amenities like complimentary Wi-Fi, Keurig coffee makers and flat-screen TVs. The hotel is happy to work with couples to reserve room blocks for weddings, and out-of-town guests will appreciate the 75-foot indoor pool, on-site restaurants and complimentary local shuttle.

• On-site wedding coordinator
  • Hotel amenities include jogging trails, a fitness center, sauna, indoor basketball court and tennis court
  • Rehearsal dinners and post-wedding brunches available
  • Area attractions include three local golf courses, the Norwalk Maritime Aquarium, and the Stamford Museum and Nature Center

Create a lifetime of memories at Dolce Norwalk

This updated Fairfield County wedding & event destination is a unique and timeless venue of style and class. Set on 66 acres of rolling hills, meadows and woods, our hidden treasure captures the beauty and serenity of Connecticut with each and every season.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Transportation

32 Weed Avenue, Norwalk, CT (203) 852-7329

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Meagan L

Where do I even begin with talking about Dolce Norwalk and the incredible Hazel Scudder? My husband and I booked our wedding almost 2 full years in advance from our wedding on June 10th 2017, and in that time this place became our second home. I remember the day that we first... Read More walked into Dolce and there was a welcome sign with our names on it right in the main entrance - and that was just a quick glimpse of the hospitality and personal touches you get when you have your wedding here. Hazel Scudder, the catering sales manager, is literally better than any wedding planner that you could pay for - and you get her with the venue (how can you beat that!?). From the beginning, she made sure everything for our day would be nothing short of perfect. I spent many afternoons with her in her office going over details, and getting hugs when I was stressed out! On the day of, she is there for the entire reception making sure that you and your guests are happy - and making sure you get to eat your meal (so important!). My guests are still raving about how amazing our wedding was, from Hazel checking in with them, to the food, and the staff taking drink orders directly from the tables so that they didn't have to wait in line at the open bar (had lots of positive feedback abut that part!) Another huge plus about the venue is that the guests have the option to stay there - so everyone was able to walk right to their rooms when the party was over, no transportation necessary! I would have my wedding here one thousand times over, and highly recommend it to any couple looking for the perfect CT wedding.

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Ana Kristina S

Our wedding was one for the ages and we couldn't have had it all without such a stellar staff. Hazel Scudder was our event coordinator. Meeting her when touring the facility was what made up our minds about having Dolce host the festivites. She kept us calm throughout the... Read More entire planning process, gave us sound and professional advice on multiple occasions and, on the big day, kept everything moving without a hitch. Dolce is a well oiled machine! I went kind of nuts with the decor and made over 100 paper star lanterns to hang over the dance floor, something the staff had not quite encountered before. It was GORGEOUS. Beyond gorgeous. A huge thank you to the set up crew! We arrived at Dolce the afternoon before; we had the entire weekend planned there, rehearsal dinner on. Once we got there, got our bags in the room, we were able to relax and follow Hazel's cues. It was truly seemless. The outdoor ceremony under the "Wedding Tree" was pristine, the sunset right behind us, the band rocked and sounded great in the ballroom, the food was delicious and served without flaw, the outdoor patio was romantic and comfortable with outdoor heaters, and the night before I got married I got to relax with a calming dip in their heated indoor pool. I didn't want to leave! We didn't have to worry about clean up and when we were ready, all our goodies were ready and waiting in Hazel's office for us to pick up. I cannot recommend Dolce highly enough. Genuinely and sincerely in awe of just how magical and perfect it all was. THANK YOU DOLCE! THANK YOU HAZEL & CREW!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Katie H

We had our wedding reception at Dolce Norwalk a little over a week ago and it was perfect! The venue coordinator, Hazel, was a dream to work with. Very responsive and professional. She made planning a wedding reception extremely easy! We used all of Dolce's preferred vendors... Read More and each one worked out great. The venue itself is beautiful. All of our guests commented on what a wonderful and unique venue it was and enjoyed the grounds and the amenities that Dolce offers. I highly recommend this venue for weddings and any other events!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Caroline A

Our May wedding reception at Dolce was wonderful! My husband and I loved working with Hazel. She is professional, flexible, and kind. She was by far the easiest part of the wedding planning process and ensured that we were able to fully experience the actul event too! The space... Read More was the perfect location to host our out of town guests and enjoy celebrating our wedding. We took advantage of the stunning patio for our cocktail hour, the lovely bar following dinner and dancing, and happily hosted brunch the next morning in their restaurant. Many, many thanks to Hazel and her team - wish we could do it again! I highly recommend this Fairfield County venue to any couple.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Paul C

I was in the Lugo wedding on 6/10 and everything went so smoothly! The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are very well appointed and comfy. The event space where the reception was held was amazing. Spacious for the size of the group, perfect size dance floor, and great... Read More acoustics for PA and music! The staff were always prompt and courteous and very professional. The after-party space was great as well, stocked bar with plenty of space to lounge around as well as a beautiful deck with plenty of seating. Overall I had an amazing experience as a guest at Dolce Norwalk!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Dee M

We had a spectacular wedding at Dolce, where are guests are still talking about it as one of the best weddings ever! Hazel is fantastic to work with and she walks you through everything you need to know. The location is simply beautiful and very relaxing, making us and our... Read More guests feel at ease. I'm looking for another reason to have another event there!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Timothy L

As the father of the bride I could not have been happier with Dolce Norwalk as the venue for a wedding. The atmosphere was amazing. The food was of the best quality. Everyone at the wedding kept telling me about how wonderful a place it was to have a wedding and how much they... Read More thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The service from every person involved from Dolce Norwalk was first class from the the time you checked in, throughout the celebration, and through breakfast the following morning. Hazel needs to be commended for all her her suggestions, recommendations, planning, paying attention to details, and spoiling the heck out of us. It was great to be able to stay at this hotel and have it meet every one of our needs without ever having to venture away. This is absolutely a top notch place to hold your wedding reception and I give it my highest rating for exceeding all expectations.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 A S

This venue is wonderful! Hazel is amazing always able to answer questions and help with the little details. The grounds a beautifully kept, guests will love being able to walk around or use the amenities provided. The staff are welcoming and friendly, our wedding day was blessed... Read More with a good amount of snow, guests were frazzled and running behind. Everyone was accomodating and helpful. The cocktail hour bar is large, plenty of room for guests to either wonder around and be social or sit and relax. The ballroom is beautifully done with plenty of room for a dance floor. This is the perfect all in one venue with added bonus of serenity! I would highly recommend Dolce!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Liz K

We had our reception at Dolce in the middle of October. While this venue was not our original venue, we couldn't have been happier with the change. :) Understanding that our first vendor had closed unexpectedly (right after our Save the Dates had been received by guests),... Read More Hazel came to the rescue. Her calm, but bubbly attitude, helped us with this difficult transition. Upon first meeting us, she gave us all a big reassuring hug, saying that everything would be okay. And it was! Hazel took care of everything and made sure that we had our dream wedding. We also really lucked out with the weather being nice. We were able to take many beautiful photos in front of the red barn and out on the island in the lake. With the leaves all turning colors, the photos were incredible. The entire reception staff was wonderful. Hazel was able to successfully bustle the complicated wedding dress while at the same time making sure we ate our hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour. She also ran the event like the captain of a ship, making sure everything ran on schedule and that we both ate our meals. The only negative that we can think of was that we asked the staff to save the extra party favors (Bridgewater chocolates), but those favors were misplaced and were not packed with the neatly packaged decorations leftover from the wedding. We also suggest that Dolce invest in a new mattress in the bridal suite. Overall, it was a truly amazing experience and we couldn't have been happier. We highly recommend this venue, particularly for a fall wedding due to the incredible foliage.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding experience at Dolce! I would highly recommend this venue to any bride to be. We had originally booked our wedding at Cobbs Mill Inn, however, when we got the terrible news that it had shut down we were distraught and desperate to find a new venue.... Read More Luckily, we came across Dolce and set up an appointment. Let me just say that Hazel was such a pleasure to work with!! Her personality, professionalism and experience make her one of a kind. A few of my friends that recently got married told me that the wedding planning can be stressful especially towards the end, however, with Hazel's help the entire process went smoothly. Thank you Hazel for all of your help! We look forward to seeing you on our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Cortney D

There are not words to describe how amazing Dolce is! My husband and I knew going into our wedding day the food was going to be amazing and they certainly did not disappoint. But with the weather being rainy I was concerned my dream wedding wouldn't come true without an outside... Read More ceremony. Boy was I wrong. The amazing team at Dolce along with our florist blew my mind when they brought the outside inside. From trees to flower petals to pumpkins. They put together everything to make the most beautiful, magical moment when I turned the corner to go down the aisle. But the dedication and attention to detail did not stop there. Everything was beautiful, the rooms were comfortable, the staff were more than friendly they were like family. They were just as excited for us as our guests! Hazel is so attentive and helpful I was able to truly enjoy the entire process from planning all the way through saying I do. I 1000 times recommend Dolce Norwalk to anyone looking for the wedding of their dreams!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Matthew K

I wish there were more stars available! This would still not adequately describe just how amazing our wedding at Dolce Norwalk was. Hazels attention to detail and flawless execution and foresight allowed us to just focus on our wedding day and not have to worry about a thing!... Read More The entire staff is amazing and I felt like I was celebrating with family. I would recommend Dolce Norwalk to anyone who wants to have a wedding they will remember fondly for years to come.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Our experience with Dolce Norwalk was overall good. Our guests had a blast are still talking about our reception; we couldn't ask for better feedback. But there were several bumps that called for a less-than-stellar review. The good: -The DN grounds are vast and beautiful,... Read More peacefully tucked away in a residential area. DN is a hotel, so guests could drink and not have to worry about alternate transportation to another site after the reception. -Hazel was terrific at keeping the reception on schedule, and she designed the timeline so that food was plentiful throughout the evening (e.g. instead of doing toasts with guests at their tables with nothing to eat, salads were brought out just prior). Don't worry about booking a separate day-of coordinator here. -Although other groups can be present, only 1 wedding takes place at a time. We had no idea that another group was there until we saw them at the bar after the reception. -Guests raved about the quantity AND quality of the food--as did we! And Hazel will make sure that you (the bride and groom) get to eat. -Complimentary entrée tasting! We were so full after trying generous portions of 4 options. You can also sample some of the hors d'oeuvres at DN bridal expos. -The room rate was very reasonable for lower Fairfield County--less than $200 a night with all taxes included. The bad: -Communication left much to be desired. Hazel's response time to emails was highly inconsistent. On several occasions I had to wait well over a week or 2--and I had to follow up as well in a few instances to even get a response. After reading rave reviews about how responsive Hazel is, I expected better. To be fair, at one point Hazel was very ill and out of the office for several days, but there was no real justification for the other delays. We were not told of renovations that DN was undergoing until they were well underway--and we found out via DN's Facebook page. In the end it wasn't an issue, but something this big should have been shared with us before we even signed our contract. We reserved an 8-passenger van to transport our bridesmaids and groomsmen to the ceremony and back. Hazel notified ONLY me less than 3 hours prior to the ceremony that the van was "in the shop" and that we'd have to use the 6-passenger van. I relayed the message to my parents, who agreed to take one of the party members with them after the ceremony. Because no one bothered to tell the groom (which I had assumed Hazel would do--my fault for believing this), his parents were unaware of this snag, and the best man was left behind at the church after the ceremony. We missed close to a half hour of photography time AND the entire cocktail hour because of this. My husband and I booked post-reception karaoke at DN for our guests, which was to start shortly after 11 PM. At 9 PM, Hazel came to us (while we were enjoying our meal) to tell us that the karaoke machine was "broken". No proposed solution, just that she was "very sorry". I firmly told Hazel--twice--that we would not deny our guests what we promised them and that she needed to find a solution to this problem. Thankfully our DJ offered to stay on to provide music for karaoke. Had it not been for him, our post-reception bash would have been ruined. If it weren’t for the subpar communication (and subsequent avoidable van and karaoke situations--you'd think these would have been checked BEFORE the wedding day), Dolce Norwalk would have our full recommendation.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Laura D

Dolce was not my original venue but when the Cobbs Mill Inn unexpectedly closed 9 weeks before my date they came in to save the day. It turned out to be better than I ever could have imagined. The grounds are gorgeous for photos with several options for ceremony sites, the... Read More food was impressive, they have very nice onsite accommodations and offer a buffet breakfast the next day. The entire staff is wonderful but I must single out catering manager, Hazel Scudder, who coordinated everything for the day and she is an absolute pro. I had nothing to worry about and they day ran perfectly with her in charge.

Wedding Saver

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Jane S

My Husband and I were booked to get married at another venue. Unfortunately, 5 months out from our wedding we heard from a friend (not the venue) that it closed. I called Dolce in tears (literally) and Hazel made me feel as if everything was going to be okay. Once we met Hazel... Read More and saw Dolce, everything fell into place. They even made my original date work- we had already sent out save the dates. Dolce is absolutely gorgeous!!! The property was fantastic as was the service they provided. Hazel took the pressure off me so I could enjoy being the bride! I was in control with out the stress- Hazel is a life saver!! She put up with my "bride moments" and made time for me and my wedding as if it was the only one. My wedding day was the best day I could've ever dreamed of. The ceremony was perfect! The service and food was amazing! August 2, 2015 was truly the best day of my life and I owe it all to Hazel and everyone at Dolce! I felt like a queen the whole day. Our friends and family still tell me how great the wedding was and some have even asked to do it again! I would do it again in a heart beat! Loosing my first venue was truly a blessing and it brought us to the best! My husband I would recommend anyone to Dolce. We feel like Hazel and Dolce are family.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Stephanie T

I had such a wonderful time at my wedding thanks to Dolce's space, and their wonderful staff. Hazel is an amazing person. She truly made the day of the wedding stress free for me! I cannot begin to express how happy I was with my experience. Exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Allison S

If I were forced to write a review about Dolce in 1 word I would have to choose "perfect." My ENTIRE experience with Dolce was perfect. On my wedding day, everything meshed together in a perfect harmony. My florist has done numerous events at Dolce, so they knew exactly where to... Read More put everything to create an even more stunning landscape than Dolce has just with its own grounds. We chose to do an outdoor ceremony under the "wedding tree." What we pictured vs what was delivered would be comparing standard definition vs high definition. Spectacular. When I walked down the aisle, I was in pure awe of what I saw in front of me. Following the ceremony, my husband (still getting used to that) and I decided we would like to have a few moments to ourselves rather than join the cocktail hour, but Hazel and her team ensured we had some of our options to snack on. All of our guests were thoroughly impressed with the offering and overall quality of the entire cocktail hour. Then came the reception. Wow. The menu we had to choose from was incredible. The tasting, even better. The dish being served at your own wedding, words can not express. Throughout the entire time, from ceremony through reception, the entire team at Dolce was there serving us hand and foot. Not once did we ever have to ask for anything, they asked us before we even knew we may want something. Now a big part of the wedding that everyone warns you about: you will not eat at your own wedding. WRONG! Hazel and team ensured that we had plenty of opportunities to enjoy our meal. They let us know when the dishes were coming up so we could pause thanking our guests, grab some bites, and resume thanking. We not only got to every guest to thank for joining us, but got to eat every single plate that was served. I must admit, I have a weak spot for champagne, which my flute was never empty (it helps me dance better). Did I mention that the florist, DJ, and photographer have all done numerous events at Dolce, so they were friendly with the staff and knew every single caveat with Dolce in planning the setup, photos, etc.? Yes, I know that my wedding day would be "perfect" anywhere, but I really feel that the team at Dolce went above and beyond to ensure that every single thing with my wedding day was going to be perfect. Everything. They ensured we had a timetable so everything would work out. They checked on my husband to be and his groomsmen to make sure they were actually getting ready and not goofing around. They made me feel like I was part of their family. That is HUGE. How often do we wish that we had a personal experience with any service we have? We had that. We were part of their family, and they let us know it. If we weren't happy, they weren't going to be happy. I wasn't happy, I was on cloud nine. I can usually think of a few things that I could change to make something better, but Dolce ensured that nothing could have possibly been changed to make it any better. My wedding at Dolce was perfect, in every sense of the word.

Recent wedding at Dolce

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Caroline H

We just had our wedding at Dolce and the whole weekend was fabulous. Dolce provided beautiful scenery along with a unique set-up that allowed our guests to essentially have the run of the place for the entire weekend. The food was wonderful and the service was great. Hazel... Read More Scudder was absolutely amazing and so was easy to work with--she truly made sure that the entire day ran smoothly. We had such an amazing wedding and couldn't have been happier with our experience at Dolce.

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Karen F

What a perfect venue for a wedding, especially if you have guests from out of town. The setting is spectacular. Hazel was phenomenal, so professional and calming and had some terrific suggestions. She was warm and welcoming to our families from the Friday evening rehearsal to... Read More the wedding itself. She was with us every step of the way. Hazel, also had the difficult task of moving our wedding ceremony from outside to inside at the last minute. I will always be grateful to her for moving the flowers off the Chupa and using them to decorate the inside space. All of our guests raved about Dolce. The food, the setting and the Sunday Breakfast. Hazel just made everything so much easier and I didn't have to worry about anything.

an amazing wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Danielle C

I had my wedding at Dolce in August and it was an amazing experience. I live overseas and my mother worked with Hazel to plan everything perfectly. The venue was perfect and the atmosphere, food, location and staff at Dolce were incredible. Hazel is fantastic and really makes... Read More everything come together in the perfect way.

Mother of the vride

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Dolce is a totally hidden gem. It made my daughter's wedding amazing. I found this secret by chance and it turned out to be wonderful. It had everything we wanted from ceremony to reception along with guest rooms for our out of town guests. The best part of Dolce iis Hazel the... Read More wedding coordinator. She walked me through it all without a glitch. Next event will be at Dolce. My guests are still talking about the best wedding they've ever been to thanks to Hazel and Dolce.

Best Venue in Fairfield County!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

My father actually suggested we check out Dolce as he is in the event business and has worked parties there before. Knowing he has good taste, we happily obliged and I couldn't be more grateful for the suggestion. We had our ceremony, reception and morning-after brunch at... Read More Dolce AND all of our guests stayed there for the weekend. The food was AMAZING, the service was very professional and you can't beat the location. Dolce, in any season, is so beautiful and offers the intimate feel we were going for. Hazel and the team were extremely flexible and willing to accommodate our needs and took care of everything the day-of. Compared to other venues I visited (up and down Fairfield county, a few in Westchester and the surrounding areas, plus a couple in Rhode Island) Dolce has the best amenities at a price that you won't find anywhere else. I cannot praise Hazel and the Dolce team enough for making our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Better than ever could have imagined...

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Melinda C

Dolce Norwalk was the perfect choice for my husband and I. The staff and setting were more than we could have hoped for and made our day better than we could have imagined. From the hotel itself, to the ceremony space, to the smooth transition into cocktail hour and... Read More reception everything was beyond perfect. The staff was exceptional, especially Hazel!! This day couldn't have happened so smoothly without her!! She took care of every last detail and made sure we were where we were supposed to be and kept us on a great timeline to enjoy the night and our guests. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone in search of AMAZING staff, BEAUTIFUL setting, and a WONDERFUL planner HAZEL!! She made everything so EASY!

Dolce Norwalk

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

Dolce is a hidden gem in Norwalk. We live in a different state, but the manager, Hazel, help make our wedding planning process so smooth and stress-free. Hazel is such a warmhearted and detail oriented lady. It was so pleasant to work with her on my wedding planning. We had our... Read More wedding reception at Dolce in June. We chose Dolce because it fits the style of our weddding, elegant with a rustic country feel. We are glad we made this decision. Our wedding reception was a great success. All the guests were so impressed by the delicious food, superb service, and beautiful views at Dolce. Hazel was with us the entire night making sure everything went well. We definitely recommend Dolce to recently engaged couples who are looking for wedding venues.

Beyond Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Holly C

Dolce Norwalk could not have been a better venue choice to hold my daughter's wedding. The attention to detail, the food, the service, and absolutely everything involved to make our day special was off the charts excellent! We have never heard so many rave reviews from guests... Read More attending a wedding as we have about Dolce Norwalk. From the very first meeting, the event manager Hazel was welcoming and informative. As we continued through the planning process she made excellent recommendations. By the time we reached rehearsal, she walked us through every step and it all played out perfectly the next day at the wedding. Dolce will definitely be a consideration for any future weddings in our family.