The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Outdoor spaces. Couples can be wed under the hotels' "wedding tree," in a pond-side ceremony or in a spacious meadow. The hotel's inviting outdoor courtyard serves as an optimal space for cocktail hour, with brick walls, old fashioned street lamps and tall trees providing shade and ambiance.

Ballroom. The indoor ballroom features intricate chandeliers and oversized windows that allow for plenty of natural light. The warm wooden trim and parquet dance floor will have guests dancing all night.

The Dolce Norwalk Hotel's waterfront setting is perfect for ceremonies, receptions and cocktail parties. The land features views of the sprawling Connecticut countryside and a historic barn contributes to the authentic countryside vibe.

The on-site wedding coordinator and culinary team work with couples to select a customized menu. There is an emphasis on the use of seasonal and locally grown ingredients to create flavorful dishes, and menu options include such tantalizing dishes as grilled swordfish with mango salsa and roasted chicken breast with sweet onion jam. Passed hors d'oeuvres selections, like chicken curry salad on an apple boat and crab and avocado salsa on homemade tortilla chips, will have guests raving about the food. Brides boast about the fact that the coordinating staff let the couple know when food was coming out of the kitchen, so they could take a moment to sit down and enjoy a wedding-day meal.

The Dolce Norwalk is a full-service hotel with 120 updated guest rooms and modern amenities like complimentary Wi-Fi, Keurig coffee makers and flat-screen TVs. The hotel is happy to work with couples to reserve room blocks for weddings, and out-of-town guests will appreciate the 75-foot indoor pool, on-site restaurants and complimentary local shuttle.

• On-site wedding coordinator
  • Hotel amenities include jogging trails, a fitness center, sauna, indoor basketball court and tennis court
  • Rehearsal dinners and post-wedding brunches available
  • Area attractions include three local golf courses, the Norwalk Maritime Aquarium, and the Stamford Museum and Nature Center

Create a lifetime of memories at Dolce Norwalk

A unique and timeless venue of style and class is your new Fairfield County Wedding & Event Destination. Set on 66 acres of rolling hills, meadows and woods, our hidden treasure captures the beauty and serenity of Connecticut with each and every season.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

32 Weed Avenue, Norwalk, CT (203) 852-7329

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Lauren H

I can't say enough good things about Hazel and this venue. From start to finish, planning with Hazel was extremely easy and everything was perfect. I received many comments from guests on how wonderful the food was and what a beautiful venue Dolce is. All of the servers and... Read More bartenders were super nice and checked in to make sure everything was going well. Even the breakfast the next morning was great! Would not have changed a single thing. I can honestly say the quality of my wedding surpassed even my expectations - A++!!! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Laura D

Dolce was not my original venue but when the Cobbs Mill Inn unexpectedly closed 9 weeks before my date they came in to save the day. It turned out to be better than I ever could have imagined. The grounds are gorgeous for photos with several options for ceremony sites, the... Read More food was impressive, they have very nice onsite accommodations and offer a buffet breakfast the next day. The entire staff is wonderful but I must single out catering manager, Hazel Scudder, who coordinated everything for the day and she is an absolute pro. I had nothing to worry about and they day ran perfectly with her in charge.

Wedding Saver

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Jane S

My Husband and I were booked to get married at another venue. Unfortunately, 5 months out from our wedding we heard from a friend (not the venue) that it closed. I called Dolce in tears (literally) and Hazel made me feel as if everything was going to be okay. Once we met Hazel... Read More and saw Dolce, everything fell into place. They even made my original date work- we had already sent out save the dates. Dolce is absolutely gorgeous!!! The property was fantastic as was the service they provided. Hazel took the pressure off me so I could enjoy being the bride! I was in control with out the stress- Hazel is a life saver!! She put up with my "bride moments" and made time for me and my wedding as if it was the only one. My wedding day was the best day I could've ever dreamed of. The ceremony was perfect! The service and food was amazing! August 2, 2015 was truly the best day of my life and I owe it all to Hazel and everyone at Dolce! I felt like a queen the whole day. Our friends and family still tell me how great the wedding was and some have even asked to do it again! I would do it again in a heart beat! Loosing my first venue was truly a blessing and it brought us to the best! My husband I would recommend anyone to Dolce. We feel like Hazel and Dolce are family.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Katie H

We had our wedding reception at Dolce Norwalk a little over a week ago and it was perfect! The venue coordinator, Hazel, was a dream to work with. Very responsive and professional. She made planning a wedding reception extremely easy! We used all of Dolce's preferred vendors... Read More and each one worked out great. The venue itself is beautiful. All of our guests commented on what a wonderful and unique venue it was and enjoyed the grounds and the amenities that Dolce offers. I highly recommend this venue for weddings and any other events!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Liz K

We had our reception at Dolce in the middle of October. While this venue was not our original venue, we couldn't have been happier with the change. :) Understanding that our first vendor had closed unexpectedly (right after our Save the Dates had been received by guests),... Read More Hazel came to the rescue. Her calm, but bubbly attitude, helped us with this difficult transition. Upon first meeting us, she gave us all a big reassuring hug, saying that everything would be okay. And it was! Hazel took care of everything and made sure that we had our dream wedding. We also really lucked out with the weather being nice. We were able to take many beautiful photos in front of the red barn and out on the island in the lake. With the leaves all turning colors, the photos were incredible. The entire reception staff was wonderful. Hazel was able to successfully bustle the complicated wedding dress while at the same time making sure we ate our hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour. She also ran the event like the captain of a ship, making sure everything ran on schedule and that we both ate our meals. The only negative that we can think of was that we asked the staff to save the extra party favors (Bridgewater chocolates), but those favors were misplaced and were not packed with the neatly packaged decorations leftover from the wedding. We also suggest that Dolce invest in a new mattress in the bridal suite. Overall, it was a truly amazing experience and we couldn't have been happier. We highly recommend this venue, particularly for a fall wedding due to the incredible foliage.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding experience at Dolce! I would highly recommend this venue to any bride to be. We had originally booked our wedding at Cobbs Mill Inn, however, when we got the terrible news that it had shut down we were distraught and desperate to find a new venue.... Read More Luckily, we came across Dolce and set up an appointment. Let me just say that Hazel was such a pleasure to work with!! Her personality, professionalism and experience make her one of a kind. A few of my friends that recently got married told me that the wedding planning can be stressful especially towards the end, however, with Hazel's help the entire process went smoothly. Thank you Hazel for all of your help! We look forward to seeing you on our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Cortney D

There are not words to describe how amazing Dolce is! My husband and I knew going into our wedding day the food was going to be amazing and they certainly did not disappoint. But with the weather being rainy I was concerned my dream wedding wouldn't come true without an outside... Read More ceremony. Boy was I wrong. The amazing team at Dolce along with our florist blew my mind when they brought the outside inside. From trees to flower petals to pumpkins. They put together everything to make the most beautiful, magical moment when I turned the corner to go down the aisle. But the dedication and attention to detail did not stop there. Everything was beautiful, the rooms were comfortable, the staff were more than friendly they were like family. They were just as excited for us as our guests! Hazel is so attentive and helpful I was able to truly enjoy the entire process from planning all the way through saying I do. I 1000 times recommend Dolce Norwalk to anyone looking for the wedding of their dreams!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

I wish there were more stars available! This would still not adequately describe just how amazing our wedding at Dolce Norwalk was. Hazels attention to detail and flawless execution and foresight allowed us to just focus on our wedding day and not have to worry about a thing!... Read More The entire staff is amazing and I felt like I was celebrating with family. I would recommend Dolce Norwalk to anyone who wants to have a wedding they will remember fondly for years to come.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Our experience with Dolce Norwalk was overall good. Our guests had a blast are still talking about our reception; we couldn't ask for better feedback. But there were several bumps that called for a less-than-stellar review. The good: -The DN grounds are vast and beautiful,... Read More peacefully tucked away in a residential area. DN is a hotel, so guests could drink and not have to worry about alternate transportation to another site after the reception. -Hazel was terrific at keeping the reception on schedule, and she designed the timeline so that food was plentiful throughout the evening (e.g. instead of doing toasts with guests at their tables with nothing to eat, salads were brought out just prior). Don't worry about booking a separate day-of coordinator here. -Although other groups can be present, only 1 wedding takes place at a time. We had no idea that another group was there until we saw them at the bar after the reception. -Guests raved about the quantity AND quality of the food--as did we! And Hazel will make sure that you (the bride and groom) get to eat. -Complimentary entrée tasting! We were so full after trying generous portions of 4 options. You can also sample some of the hors d'oeuvres at DN bridal expos. -The room rate was very reasonable for lower Fairfield County--less than $200 a night with all taxes included. The bad: -Communication left much to be desired. Hazel's response time to emails was highly inconsistent. On several occasions I had to wait well over a week or 2--and I had to follow up as well in a few instances to even get a response. After reading rave reviews about how responsive Hazel is, I expected better. To be fair, at one point Hazel was very ill and out of the office for several days, but there was no real justification for the other delays. We were not told of renovations that DN was undergoing until they were well underway--and we found out via DN's Facebook page. In the end it wasn't an issue, but something this big should have been shared with us before we even signed our contract. We reserved an 8-passenger van to transport our bridesmaids and groomsmen to the ceremony and back. Hazel notified ONLY me less than 3 hours prior to the ceremony that the van was "in the shop" and that we'd have to use the 6-passenger van. I relayed the message to my parents, who agreed to take one of the party members with them after the ceremony. Because no one bothered to tell the groom (which I had assumed Hazel would do--my fault for believing this), his parents were unaware of this snag, and the best man was left behind at the church after the ceremony. We missed close to a half hour of photography time AND the entire cocktail hour because of this. My husband and I booked post-reception karaoke at DN for our guests, which was to start shortly after 11 PM. At 9 PM, Hazel came to us (while we were enjoying our meal) to tell us that the karaoke machine was "broken". No proposed solution, just that she was "very sorry". I firmly told Hazel--twice--that we would not deny our guests what we promised them and that she needed to find a solution to this problem. Thankfully our DJ offered to stay on to provide music for karaoke. Had it not been for him, our post-reception bash would have been ruined. If it weren’t for the subpar communication (and subsequent avoidable van and karaoke situations--you'd think these would have been checked BEFORE the wedding day), Dolce Norwalk would have our full recommendation.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Stephanie T

I had such a wonderful time at my wedding thanks to Dolce's space, and their wonderful staff. Hazel is an amazing person. She truly made the day of the wedding stress free for me! I cannot begin to express how happy I was with my experience. Exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Allison S

If I were forced to write a review about Dolce in 1 word I would have to choose "perfect." My ENTIRE experience with Dolce was perfect. On my wedding day, everything meshed together in a perfect harmony. My florist has done numerous events at Dolce, so they knew exactly where to... Read More put everything to create an even more stunning landscape than Dolce has just with its own grounds. We chose to do an outdoor ceremony under the "wedding tree." What we pictured vs what was delivered would be comparing standard definition vs high definition. Spectacular. When I walked down the aisle, I was in pure awe of what I saw in front of me. Following the ceremony, my husband (still getting used to that) and I decided we would like to have a few moments to ourselves rather than join the cocktail hour, but Hazel and her team ensured we had some of our options to snack on. All of our guests were thoroughly impressed with the offering and overall quality of the entire cocktail hour. Then came the reception. Wow. The menu we had to choose from was incredible. The tasting, even better. The dish being served at your own wedding, words can not express. Throughout the entire time, from ceremony through reception, the entire team at Dolce was there serving us hand and foot. Not once did we ever have to ask for anything, they asked us before we even knew we may want something. Now a big part of the wedding that everyone warns you about: you will not eat at your own wedding. WRONG! Hazel and team ensured that we had plenty of opportunities to enjoy our meal. They let us know when the dishes were coming up so we could pause thanking our guests, grab some bites, and resume thanking. We not only got to every guest to thank for joining us, but got to eat every single plate that was served. I must admit, I have a weak spot for champagne, which my flute was never empty (it helps me dance better). Did I mention that the florist, DJ, and photographer have all done numerous events at Dolce, so they were friendly with the staff and knew every single caveat with Dolce in planning the setup, photos, etc.? Yes, I know that my wedding day would be "perfect" anywhere, but I really feel that the team at Dolce went above and beyond to ensure that every single thing with my wedding day was going to be perfect. Everything. They ensured we had a timetable so everything would work out. They checked on my husband to be and his groomsmen to make sure they were actually getting ready and not goofing around. They made me feel like I was part of their family. That is HUGE. How often do we wish that we had a personal experience with any service we have? We had that. We were part of their family, and they let us know it. If we weren't happy, they weren't going to be happy. I wasn't happy, I was on cloud nine. I can usually think of a few things that I could change to make something better, but Dolce ensured that nothing could have possibly been changed to make it any better. My wedding at Dolce was perfect, in every sense of the word.

Recent wedding at Dolce

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Caroline H

We just had our wedding at Dolce and the whole weekend was fabulous. Dolce provided beautiful scenery along with a unique set-up that allowed our guests to essentially have the run of the place for the entire weekend. The food was wonderful and the service was great. Hazel... Read More Scudder was absolutely amazing and so was easy to work with--she truly made sure that the entire day ran smoothly. We had such an amazing wedding and couldn't have been happier with our experience at Dolce.

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Karen F

What a perfect venue for a wedding, especially if you have guests from out of town. The setting is spectacular. Hazel was phenomenal, so professional and calming and had some terrific suggestions. She was warm and welcoming to our families from the Friday evening rehearsal to... Read More the wedding itself. She was with us every step of the way. Hazel, also had the difficult task of moving our wedding ceremony from outside to inside at the last minute. I will always be grateful to her for moving the flowers off the Chupa and using them to decorate the inside space. All of our guests raved about Dolce. The food, the setting and the Sunday Breakfast. Hazel just made everything so much easier and I didn't have to worry about anything.

an amazing wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Danielle C

I had my wedding at Dolce in August and it was an amazing experience. I live overseas and my mother worked with Hazel to plan everything perfectly. The venue was perfect and the atmosphere, food, location and staff at Dolce were incredible. Hazel is fantastic and really makes... Read More everything come together in the perfect way.

Mother of the vride

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Dolce is a totally hidden gem. It made my daughter's wedding amazing. I found this secret by chance and it turned out to be wonderful. It had everything we wanted from ceremony to reception along with guest rooms for our out of town guests. The best part of Dolce iis Hazel the... Read More wedding coordinator. She walked me through it all without a glitch. Next event will be at Dolce. My guests are still talking about the best wedding they've ever been to thanks to Hazel and Dolce.

Best Venue in Fairfield County!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

My father actually suggested we check out Dolce as he is in the event business and has worked parties there before. Knowing he has good taste, we happily obliged and I couldn't be more grateful for the suggestion. We had our ceremony, reception and morning-after brunch at... Read More Dolce AND all of our guests stayed there for the weekend. The food was AMAZING, the service was very professional and you can't beat the location. Dolce, in any season, is so beautiful and offers the intimate feel we were going for. Hazel and the team were extremely flexible and willing to accommodate our needs and took care of everything the day-of. Compared to other venues I visited (up and down Fairfield county, a few in Westchester and the surrounding areas, plus a couple in Rhode Island) Dolce has the best amenities at a price that you won't find anywhere else. I cannot praise Hazel and the Dolce team enough for making our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Better than ever could have imagined...

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Melinda C

Dolce Norwalk was the perfect choice for my husband and I. The staff and setting were more than we could have hoped for and made our day better than we could have imagined. From the hotel itself, to the ceremony space, to the smooth transition into cocktail hour and... Read More reception everything was beyond perfect. The staff was exceptional, especially Hazel!! This day couldn't have happened so smoothly without her!! She took care of every last detail and made sure we were where we were supposed to be and kept us on a great timeline to enjoy the night and our guests. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone in search of AMAZING staff, BEAUTIFUL setting, and a WONDERFUL planner HAZEL!! She made everything so EASY!

Dolce Norwalk

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

Dolce is a hidden gem in Norwalk. We live in a different state, but the manager, Hazel, help make our wedding planning process so smooth and stress-free. Hazel is such a warmhearted and detail oriented lady. It was so pleasant to work with her on my wedding planning. We had our... Read More wedding reception at Dolce in June. We chose Dolce because it fits the style of our weddding, elegant with a rustic country feel. We are glad we made this decision. Our wedding reception was a great success. All the guests were so impressed by the delicious food, superb service, and beautiful views at Dolce. Hazel was with us the entire night making sure everything went well. We definitely recommend Dolce to recently engaged couples who are looking for wedding venues.

Beyond Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Holly C

Dolce Norwalk could not have been a better venue choice to hold my daughter's wedding. The attention to detail, the food, the service, and absolutely everything involved to make our day special was off the charts excellent! We have never heard so many rave reviews from guests... Read More attending a wedding as we have about Dolce Norwalk. From the very first meeting, the event manager Hazel was welcoming and informative. As we continued through the planning process she made excellent recommendations. By the time we reached rehearsal, she walked us through every step and it all played out perfectly the next day at the wedding. Dolce will definitely be a consideration for any future weddings in our family.

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Yanxi N

We had our wedding at Dolce in August. We had a wonderful experience. All of our guests had a great time and really loved the food. Everyone loved the location and the ground. Hazel was our best friend throughout the whole process. We think this is the best wedding place in CT.... Read More The ground is so beautiful and perfect for photos! Food was awesome. And Dolce had a big bar. We really love this place and sweet Hazel.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Linley R

Having my entire wedding weekend at the Dolce Norwalk was the best decision I ever made. The entire year and a half leading up to the wedding from the large room block to the 3 parties of over 150 people, planning was seamless thanks to Hazel Scudder. She was incredibly... Read More organized, easy to work with, personable, flexible, and truly made our weekend perfect. The staff throughout the weekend was incredibly accommodating particularly Patricia, who made sure the weekend itself was seamless, low stress and amazing. The grounds at the Dolce are gorgeous and made for an incredibly beautiful and fun filled weekend for all of our guests. The rooms are pristine. The food at each event was more delicious than the next. There is something for everyone at the dolce. From Bocce, to Tennis, to Pool, to Basketball, to walking trails, the enormous bar and incredible staff…I can’t say enough. I just wish I could spend every weekend at the Dolce! Special thanks again to Hazel for being so incredible, professional and organized.

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Jenna S

Dolce Norwalk is an incredible place to get married! The grounds are just beautiful, the food was delicious and the accommodations were great. Hazel is an incredible wedding coordinator and will make sure your day is exactly how you want it to be, and that it goes off without... Read More any problem. I couldn't have been happier having my wedding at Dolce!

A New Year to Remember

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Kelly H

Our wedding was held this past New Years Eve and it was a night I will never forget. Dolce was amazing in everyway possible. Our event coordinator, Hazel, became a member of our family as she helped make our wedding vision a reality. The venue was perfect for hosting out of town... Read More guests, and provided us with everything we could have needed, including: signage, a projector for our slide show, delicious food, karaoke, and the chef did an INCREDIBLE job recreating a Rhode Island authentic dish for our after party. I cannot recommend this venue or it's sensational staff highly enough, they are a well oiled machine that could make any bride and groom's day run smoothly. The staff were so friendly and the atmosphere felt like home. Thank you Dolce Norwalk!

Beautiful Venue and great staff- HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Nevine D

My husband and I got married on June 21 2014 and it was a fairy tale wedding at Dolce. Leading up to the wedding Hazel, our coordinator, was awesome to work with and so much fun. She helped ease our concerns and answered all of our questions. She was with us the entire way.... Read More The big day of was executed flawlessly. The food was really amazing and our guests kept commenting on how gorgeous the venue and the grounds were. Dolce has the exclusivity desired and combines that with a warm and extremely friendly staff. I would highly recommend this venue- look no further!

Wish we could do it again....

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lisa W

Perfect venue for a perfect day! Couldn't ask for anything more. Service was great, rooms were great, food was great, and staff was great! We arrived Friday afternoon, did our rehearsal dinner here and didn't leave until Sunday! All of our guests said it wasn't just a great... Read More place but a great wedding! The hair and makeup people came to the hotel, breakfast was delivered to my room so I wouldn't risk running into the groom to be, and the bar was the perfect spot for the after party. Secluded location....no one knows it is here...shhh. There is inside locations for the ceremony as well as lots of choices for outside! Picture spots everywhere. A Special shout out to Hazel for keeping everyone where they needed to be. The only bad part....is it is all over! But, we will be back for a visit. Thanks Dolce for being part of our very important day. We miss you already....Lisa and Bill