Dolce Strings

Dolce Strings will add that elegant ambiance to your special day, making it remarkable and unforgettable. With music selections ranging from Beatles to Beethoven, everyone is sure to find music that fits their own person style.

Violet Kois, Katie Voss, Chicago, IL (773) 220-0211

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hannah F

We went with a string quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour and were thrilled with the results. Dolce Strings played both contemporary and classical music at our request. They were really patient with my partner and I (as we kept taking a long time to answer their emails)... Read More and even agreed to perform a song not on their list with less than a week’s notice! Their professionalism was so incredible that, as the bride, I never even spoke with them on the wedding day (I actually saw them in the bathroom and was wondering who all the women in matching colored dresses were… lol!). They just came, did their job perfectly, and left without needing anything from anyone. Almost most importantly, the price was one of the best that I could find in the Chicago area. I would absolutely recommend Dolce Strings!

I Booked a Quartet, but Received a Dream

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Corinne

Searching for ceremony musicians for me, as a musician myself, was a process with which I took a great deal of time, because I truly wanted my ceremony to stand out musically. After I don't even know how many hours of listening to samples online from various string quartets out... Read More there, I decided to contact Dolce Strings simply because their sound was superb,and they had such a vast array of musical selections to choose from. From the beginning of our relationship together, Katie and Violet were polite, helpful, and genuinely excited to help me make my wedding ceremony one that will be talked about in my family for years. We had frequent contact leading up to the wedding, and they were willing to learn extra selections to suit my personal wedding wishes. They were very open to collaborating with my piano accompanist and singer, and it was great to have a vendor that was so easy to work with. If you think the samples online are great, I assure you that hearing them live is a breathtaking experience that will blow you away. I can't tell you how many compliments I received at the church, the reception, and in the weeks following, all because "the music during the ceremony was outstanding!" Even the priest commented that it was the best ceremony music he had ever heard. I can't express enough how pleased I am to have booked Dolce Strings. They are worth every penny, and if I ever have the occasion to do so, I would definitely want to hear them again!

Ah-mazing!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Elizabeth H

These ladies are ah-mazing. We hired them to play during the cocktail and dinner hour at our wedding reception. Everyone was extremely impressed by their ability to play contemporary music on strings and they really did a wonderful job with pacing the music appropriately.... Read More They also learned the Cinderella Waltz so my husband and I could walk into that song and for that ... I will be forever grateful! :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Frank K

Dolce Strings delivered an amazing performance at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! They were organized, professional, and they sounded incredible.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

Was one of the best decisions we had made for our August wedding! The ladies are easy to work with, responsive to all questions/concerns...even provided "wedding jitter advice" Compliments from all those who attended the ceremony, including Clergy! My only wish is that we had... Read More scheduled them for our cocktail hour as well!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Janelle R

Dolce strings played our wedding ceremony at the University Club and it was absolutely beautiful. They were extremely professional and lovely to work with. We received tons of compliments on the music! I would highly recommend Dolce Strings to any Bride or Groom!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Shayla J

Dolce strings played our wedding ceremony and it was beautiful. We've received so many compliments on the music! They learned extra songs for us and we were so excited for those. Their music selection is pretty vast, and you won't be disappointed by going with them. They were... Read More easy to communicate with prior to the wedding and listened to what we wanted.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Sara F

Can't say enough great things about this group! Very easy to work with, accommodated changes to our requests with no problem, customized playlist for our ceremony. We loved that the group plays popular, modern and alternative music (vs only traditional wedding music). We... Read More received SO many compliments on the music at our ceremony. Highly recommend Dolce Strings!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Theresa R

My (now) husband and I wanted something extra special for our wedding, something that would stand out from all the rest of the weddings and hiring Dokce Strings was just that. They played during our cocktail hour and during our first dance. They played so beautifully and all our... Read More guests loved it! I had so many of our guests that said to me after the wedding that Dolce Strings was one of their favorite parts of the reception. Dolce Strings were so easy to work with and did everything we asked them to. If you want beautiful, classy women that know how to play beautiful music and keep your guests happy then Dolce Strings is your choice.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Alex A

My husband and I are both musicians so we went on a search to find the best string quartet for our wedding ceremony. I listened to quite a few audio samples online and was very impressed with Dolce Strings and the great selection of music they offered. Myself and my husband did... Read More not want traditional classical songs but rather a fun mix of more popular music. Dolce Strings did not disappoint! They also arranged "Thrift Shop" for us which was AMAZING! They were everything we were hoping for and they really did a fantastic job making our day extra special. I can not recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Michelle H

I never was the type of girl who was dreaming about my wedding my whole life. But one thing I knew I always wanted was string instrumentalists playing at my wedding (wherever and whenever that ended up being!). So when I got engaged, this was one of the first things I set up. I... Read More had seen reviews on Dolce Strings on the internet so I contacted them and from day one they have been nothing short of responsive and wonderful. I originally thought I was going to have simple demands, but as we planned out the details of the ceremony and cocktail hour my requests became much more complex. The ladies of Dolce Strings (specifically Violet who I was communicating with) did not hesitate to meet our every request. The day of, they were truly a centerpiece to our ceremony and cocktail hour (we didn't have them play the reception since we had a DJ). I didn't tell my guests I was having them, so we had them walk into the ceremony space playing my favorite song - "Bittersweet Symphony." This totally blew my guests away and was an amazing way to kick off the best day of our lives! I could not recommend this company any more.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Sam K

My Dad booked Dolce Strings for my wedding and it was the best decision! You can totally customize your ceremony to the songs you want. If you are unsure of what you want they help to create a good flow of music. They have great suggestions if needed. They are very quick in... Read More response to email and I even had a quick phone conversation to go over everything a few weeks before the wedding. Everyone at the wedding said the music was beautiful. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Cait C

One of my favorite parts of our wedding was selecting the music for the ceremony. I felt that it helped make the ceremony OUR ceremony instead of just another wedding. Dolce Strings were so amazing about offering suggestions, being on top of timelines and for really letting me... Read More choose everything I wanted. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. These girls are fab.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Zack Z

Hire them now! So glad they were recommended to us by friends. I had a song request that was special to my wife and I and the ladies were able to pull it off perfectly. Just can't say enough good things. I would hire them for any and every event. Loved having them be a part of... Read More our special day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Damali N

Dolce Strings was a Great addition to the ambience of our wedding. They were able to incorporate modern type music that we requested in addition to Classic hits that our family loved. I would strongly recommend this amazing group!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Melissa W

Dolce Strings was fabulous to work with - always professional, prompt and had many great suggestions for us. They are superb musicians. Would use them again and again. Mother of a groom

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Jesica B

Amazing! Hire them immediately. Our wedding was at Newberry Library and they really tied together the ambiance we wanted. We received so many compliments from our guests. The new song they learned for my ceremony was a traditional Mexican song called La Paloma, brought my mom... Read More to tears. I really appreciate how they answered all the questions I had throughout the process, and made musical suggestions based on what I told them I liked. They really made everything just so incredibly easy and enjoyable. I would love to use them in the future for a holiday party, or maybe a milestone birthday.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kim K

Dolce Strings was the perfect addition to our cocktail hour! With the perfect mix of classic and contemporary songs, not only were we beyond happy with their performance, our guests were talking about them for weeks after the wedding! Book Dolce Strings, you won't be... Read More disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Grant K

Dolce Strings is the best! We decided only a month before our wedding that we wanted a string trio or quartet to perform. Reading reviews, Dolce is clearly the best in Chicago, and luckily for us, had a cancelation and was able to make our date work. They were extremely... Read More easy to work with, offered a variety of options between the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, as well as the option of 3 or 4 strings. They had a great list of music to pick from, and were ready to learn something new if we wanted. They truly helped make our day perfect, we'd recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Marissa N

These ladies did such a wonderful job at our ceremony! They set the tone we were looking for and were very easy to work with. The music was absolutely amazing, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to add another element to their special day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Candi H

We hired Dolce Strings for our wedding in September and I was beyond happy with their work. These ladies were so wonderful to work with. They played at both our ceremony and the cocktail hour. Our guests loved them and raved about them all night. They also played a wide variety... Read More of songs-from Game of Thrones all the way to Let It Go! Everything they played was so beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jason G

They were amazing! They made our special day even more special than we expected. They were very accommodating and played every song we requested in the correct order. They even learned some new songs and they were fantastic. We couldn't have been happier!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Megan E

Dolce Strings is out of this world. I found them via The Knot and instantly knew I wanted them. My husband and I knew we wanted modern with a touch of classic and got an even better experience. I spoke with Violet from Dolce Strings a few weeks before the wedding and we could... Read More have talked for hours, she is so professional and someone that instantly feels like an old friend. The music was more than perfect. Our prelude was all classical music, my MOH walked in to music from 'Love Actually', I walked in to 'Canon in D'. My husband and I love The Beach Boys and walked out to 'Wouldn't It Be Nice'. We had Dolce Strings play for our cocktail hour a mix of contemporary and classic songs. The one thing I would have changed is that I would have skipped all the posed photos so I could have spent time in the cocktail hour with guests listening to the quartet! They were an absolute dream to work with, I'm already trying to figure out how I can incorporate them into my life in the future!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Tina L

Dolce Strings played at our wedding. We were completely satisfied with their service. They are easy to work with and the music they played was absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Lauren B

Dolce Strings were super easy to work with, very responsive to emails and knew how to run the ceremony. Plus they learned Flashing Lights by Kanye West which my husband entered our ceremony to -- making him look and feel like the coolest dude ever. Thanks for everything,... Read More ladies!