The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples want to have a memorable location for their wedding choose Dominion House, located in Guthrie, Oklahoma. This venue is known for its picturesque beauty. The Dominion House was built in 1923 as a children's home. It was occupied until 1978 when it was closed after that time it remains empty until 2000 when it was purchased and remodeled. Couples who wed at Dominion House have the following unique spaces from which to select.

Wedding chapel. With large windows and sparkling candle chandeliers, the wedding chapel is the ideal setting for couples who wants to add a touch of spirituality and reverence to their wedding day. With white French doors and detailed woodwork, the couples will be the center of attention on the gorgeous wooden stage.

Wedding garden. Breathtaking views of beautiful waterfalls and flowing streams are the highlight of the wedding garden. The bride walks down a cobblestone path to meet groom as they are surrounded by not just family and friends, but exquisitely landscaped grounds as well. This space accommodates up to 350 guests.

Grande ballroom. With 15-foot ceilings and sparkling crystal chandeliers, the grande ballroom is the ultimate height of elegance blended with luxury. Sweeping drapes and detailed woodwork bring out the beauty of the room.

The dedicated wedding staff at the Dominion House work on the fine details to ensure that couples have treasured weddings. In the chapel, candelabras and up lighting complete with decorated urns are available. Receptions in the grande ballroom give couples several options to further customize their wedding celebration. Table linens, cloth napkins and centerpieces are included. Couples may bring outside vendors to this venue. Couples may opt between a buffet, plated meals or food stations for their receptions.

There is a price differential between weddings held in the peak vs. off-peak season. Included with the rental fee is 5 1/2 hours use of the facility in the morning or six hours in the evening. Couples will have use of white wedding chairs, a guest registration table or pedestal. The Dominion House sound system and sound technician are included. Catering prices include cake cutting service and servers. Bar service includes bartenders.

The dedicated wedding team at the Dominion House strives to provide couples with treasured wedding. In addition, they provide the following extra perks:

• Signature punch
  • Wireless microphone
  • Setup and cleanup services
  • Furnace dressing rooms for the bride and groom
  • On-site personal wedding coordinator

Dominion House

Our wedding venue features an outdoor wedding garden with a cascading waterfall and beautiful landscaping. Our Wedding Chapel features picturesque windows, white French doors, and a beautiful wood stage. Our Grande Ballroom features intricate woodwork and beautiful chandeliers throughout.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

602 E. College Avenue, Guthrie, OK (405) 282-7789
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Brittany A

This venue was absolutely perfect for our special day! They made the day run so smoothly. I had nothing to worry about because they were already 10 steps ahead of it! The venue was absolutely gorgeous and the dinner was excellent! The Dominion House made our big day better than... Read More we could have ever imagined! I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Darian B

This place is hands down the epitome of class and elegance! I had my wedding here in January and they made all my dreams come true. Julie was such a pleasure to work with and made sure all the t's were crossed and the i's were dotted. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my... Read More wedding day. It was PERFECT! Thank you Julie and Dominion house staff! It was worth every penny!

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Kristi K

The Dominion House has everything you need for your special day! From the linens to the DJ! Our wedding could not have been more perfect. The staff went above and beyond to make you as happy as they could and they did an amazing job! The food was delicious as well!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Deborah S

Julie and David with Dominion House are absolutely amazing! They walk you through everything and were always very quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails. The day of my wedding, 10-1-16, there was a threat of rain, Julie and her staff did everything possible to prep for the... Read More out door ceremony and keep things moving on time! Luckily we missed the rain and the ceremony was so beautiful. The reception went off with out a hitch and the food was SOOO good! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Alexis W

The venue was beautiful and the staff was SO helpful!! It rained in the middle of our ceremony, but they quickly moved us indoors and it was a seamless transition! Julie was wonderful in helping us with everything we needed. They all made our day so special and I can't tell you... Read More how grateful we are for them!

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 chelsea r

The Dominion House is so beautiful! We had our outdoor wedding there; and the reception was in the grand ballroom. The aesthetic was perfect. The staff there are amazing! They made sure all our questions were answered long before our wedding day, kept in contact with us over... Read More several months before our wedding, and politely kept us on schedule on the big day. They were so kind and so professional; and we can't say enough great things about them. It was a truly perfect day in large part due to the wonderful staff there. All our guests loved it; and numerous of them said it was like a fairy tale.

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Amy

The Dominion House really went above and beyond everything I asked for on our special day! The staff is so friendly and helpful, I was stress free the day of because they did everything for us and kept us on schedule!

Good Experience

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Cameron J

Overall, this was a good venue. The garden was beautiful. The ballroom was nice. The food was fabulous. The biggest issues were the time constraints. We only got into the venue 2 hours before the wedding. In those 2 hours, we had to decorate everything, get ready, and fit in... Read More pictures. It was super stressful and required a ton of organization and help. The ballroom was a tight fit and there are quite a few rules, so read the fine print. The staff was decent, but I sometimes felt like a number on the list of brides having their wedding there instead of an individual. I would recommend the venue, but would be sure to point out the flaws with it.

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Jenna H

I cannot even begin to write how pleased we were with the Dominion House and their staff. Everything from the initial meeting until my parents walked out the door at the end of the reception was a pleasant experience. David and Julie were great to work with throughout the whole... Read More planning process. However, Robin and the rest of the staff for wedding were equally as great. We received numerous compliments on how well organized everything seemed to be and the vendors even went on and on about what an enjoyable evening it was. The food was excellent. Even almost a week after the wedding, we are still hearing how great the food was and how beautiful the presentation was. The staff members worked hard to keep all the tables cleaned and made sure that the drinks stayed full. The staff helped set up our decorations and helped load up everything at the end of the night. Every staff member was very professional and very courteous. David made sure to keep everything on track, even letting my mom know that it was time to stop visiting...HaHa! I can't say enough good things about our experience with the Dominion House and their staff. We could not have picked a more beautiful venue. No matter what the budget is, it is worth every single penny!

Wonderfully Memorable

Reviewed on 8/20/2014

From day one of the planning process all the way through the clean-up after the wedding, the Dominion House staff provided top notch service! They made it such a pleasurable experience and took care of so many little details so that we could all focus on the moment itself!... Read More Their recently updated chandeliers and floral arrangements in the chapel where stunning, so you really don't even need to buy flower arrangements for the chapel service. Thanks again Dominion House!

The Dominion House is the perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Ashley L

My husband and I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else! The Dominion House offers incredible beauty complimented by exceptional service. The food was delicious and the decor was beautiful. They were also very responsive and accomodating!

Rayne Tubbs

Reviewed on 10/16/2013

We had an excellent experience having our wedding at the Dominion House in Guthrie. I would highly recommend it! The gardens and the ballroom are both so beautiful! The service was excellent and the food was wonderful! I've had a lot of people raving about the whole... Read More experience. It made for a dreamy wedding that we'll remember forever. The staff really has every aspect of event planning down pat! You can't go wrong with the Dominion house!!! :)

The Dominion House

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Amanda G

I could not have asked for a better venue for my reception! The beautiful grounds is what initially sold me! The Dominion House gave a classical-plantation feel to our reception. Beware of THEIR sound system...definitely get a DJ instead. My husband still raves about the dinner... Read More they served! Overall I could not have asked for anything better!

BEST outdoor venue

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Lindsay V

The Dominion House is absolutely gorgeous, and the grounds provide for a beautiful outdoor ceremony and amazing pictures. The ballroom is definitely grand and has plenty of space for a large reception while not feeling overly huge for smaller parties. Julie, the coordinator,... Read More was very helpful and never pushy! She made sure everything ran smoothly without me having to worry about a thing! Another pro for The Dominion House- they take care of the catering and table decorations. Of course it's built into your cost of the venue, but it's definitely great to not have to worry about handling outside caterers. The price is a bit on the higher end, but it's definitely worth it for a once-in-a-lifetime event!

Great Venue for Outdoor Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Riley C

Julie Ayers was especially delightful to work with.

Loved It!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 Carole K

The Dominion House did such an amazing job with our wedding!! We got married on April 20th so with the chance of rain always in April, it was amazing that they had a back up chapel indoors in case the garden got rained out. Also, Rachel is amazing. She took care of everything... Read More for me and made my wedding day completely stress free!! I would highly recommend them!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 Kelly B

My wedding was fabulous! They handled everything professionally and it was a great wedding venue. They are very friendly and are able to be contacted with any questions you may have. I am so thankful I got married there. Beautiful venue and nice to have the choice of both... Read More outdoor garden or indoor chapel. A+!

Venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Sarah R

This place was amazing and perfect!

Best Wedding Venue EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Kim Z

Friendly staff was very refreshing, can't find a more beautiful place!

Beautiful inside and out

Reviewed on 8/18/2012 Leila K

My overall experience at the Dominion House was wonderful. The setting that it took place was hidden in Guthrie but was a great surprise when we found it. The staff was friendly and helped out alot on our wedding day. I couldn't have asked for a better day!

We loved the Dominion House!

Reviewed on 7/07/2012 Marilina R

Beautiful venue, everyone enjoyed the wedding! Julie is great to work with- very flexible! The evening was great!

Great Place

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Casie W

Dominion House was perfect. They not only provided a beutiful setting for my wedding, but help take care of details and event planning. They helped make my day perfect!

Magical!

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 Melissa M

I had my reception at the Dominion House and I am so glad I did. Julie and her staff are wonderful to work with. They went above and beyond to make our dream come true. The food was excellent, the scenery is enchanting and the staff was so helpful. Anything you want to have... Read More on your menu they can and will make. We opted for the dessert buffet and it was a hit. The room looks beautiful and is so easy to decorate. There are so many photo opts and beautiful places. There is plenty of parking and it is free. It was a bit of a drive for our guests to get there but no one complained and everyone had a great time. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any future bride.

Loved

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Amber B

We loved this location! They were so friendly and helpful! It was not very expensive for the rental itself, and keeping the "extras" to a minimum helped in keeping the cost down. It's a gorgeous location on it's own.

this was a boys home? i don't believe it

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Brooke E

dominion house has an amazingly gorgeous outdoor venue and julie was so helpful. many of my friends could not stop raving about how beautiful the place was!

Dominion House