Capture Love, and Deliver Magic

​Dominique Labrecque, nominated for the Knot's Best of Weddings 2018, is a professional photographer based in Carlsbad, California with over 15 years of experience creating and capturing timeless moments. Born and raised in Hawaii, Dominique nurtured his passion for the ocean, has been an avid surfer for over 20 years, is laid back, fun, and easy to work with. Visit ​Dominique's​ website ​at www.nirvanah20.com, ​where you will see many more samples of ​his work and other us​e​ful information. ​ ​Shoot ​him an email with any questions you may have​. He knows first hand how overwhelming weddings may seem, so he would love to hear all about your wedding plans​ and help manifest your vision!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

All of San Diego and Beyond (760) 845-6100

Reviewed on 2/28/2018 Tori C

The photos are EPIC and made our hearts leap out of our chest!!! What can I even say to fully capture his ability, talent and genuine heart?? Dom is incredible and we are extremely grateful. From our underwater engagement shoot to our actual wedding day he has always been in... Read More communication, making us feel completely comfortable, in front of and behind the lens, and really made the entire process pretty effortless on our end. We got to be ourselves while he did his thing and captured the essence of our big day perfectly! My heart absolutely melts when I look at the photos... highly recommend him to anyone! Overall, he totally nailed it and we couldn't be happier with the photos we got back in a very timely manor! We will definitely be using Dom again for future events or photo shoots. THANK YOU!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Ryan D

We couldn't be happier with the engagement photos and wedding photos that Dominique provided for my wife and I. Hands down, the most talented photographer I've worked with and probably the nicest. Dom is the most laid back photographer I've ever met, but also remains... Read More professional and will keep you on schedule to get the shots you tell him you want, as well as the ones you didn't know you wanted. He's incredibly patient when the bridezilla comes out and always has a smile on his face, and an idea in his pocket for a stellar photo. We highly recommend Dominique and plan to use him in our future together as new life events arise.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Majda E

One of the best decisions that I could have made was to hire Dominique as my wedding photographer! My husband and I have a very unique blended family, he has a beautiful daughter Kadyn and I have several fur babies including two horses. For my engagement session I opted out of... Read More traditional engagement photos and opted in for family photos, horses and all! Dominique, never working with people, a dog and horses before, calmy made it happen!! Despite the chaos of trying to get a good photo of ALL of us looking at once, he was able to produce and we had a perfect incredible family photo displayed of at our wedding and it was a huge hit! During our getting ready time, bridal party photos, and wedding photos Dominique and his assistant didn't miss one detail! Everytime I looked around, he was there through everything without being asked, literally in the middle of the dance floor when everyone was getting down, to capturing the precious moments of the kids decorating their pumpkins quietly at their kid's table. I have a HUGE family to say the least, and he was always so patient and humble and waited for us to get it together to take a family photo. His photo booth was an amazing hit as well!! And the icing on the cake for me was when afterall was said and done, my wedding coordinator told me how extremely professional he was, keeping a timeline and being ahead of schedule, he never disappeared and was always present, he never lost his cool or complained, and she will definitely be hiring him in the future! He didn't miss one single detail that captured our special day! Dominique not only produces beautiful timeless photography that is treasured for a lifetime, he gives you the experience to match and I will forever be grateful for what he gave us to make our wedding absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Daniel A

Dominique was awesome! He made it very comfortable. He made us feel at ease with the camera. It was amazing. We felt like movie stars. The pictures are perfect. Thank you Dominique. You asked the right questions and you were attentive to our vision you captured exactly what we... Read More were looking for. Thank you

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 emily F

Dom was the easiest photographer to work with and made everything laid back. He came to our home to do our engagement pictures which included an underwater session and pictures with our pups. We shot at a second location and we got some AMAZING aerial shots with his drone. He... Read More photographed our wedding day as well and captured all the perfect moments we wanted. He set up his photo booth at our reception and our guests loved it! He is highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 devika B

Unique, artistic, creative, editorial, beautiful... what else can I say to describe the photos of Dominique. I was so lucky to find Dominique to shoot my bridal portraits. I chose to take advantage of the underwater portraits and I couldn't be happier. The photos are truly... Read More magical with an ethereal feel... It's nice to know that no one has pictures even close to mine. It's a rare occasion that you can find something and someone so unique. Especially in the Bridal/Wedding market. Highly recommended...

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kimberly B

Dominique was awesome. He added so much to our day, and I couldn't imagine our wedding without him. I highly, highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Travis M

Dom took our engagement photos and we couldn't be happier with our experience! The photos turned out awesome! Dom's personality and professionalism made us feel very comfortable and made the whole process easy and enjoyable. The location he took us to was amazing and exactly... Read More what we were looking for. We would recommend Dom to anyone looking for a photographer. You can tell he really enjoys what he does and is passionate about it. Thanks Dom!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Dina W

Super happy with our engagement and wedding photos. I am not the easiest bride to photograph being that I hate being in front of the camera but Dominique worked with us and made me feel super comfortable and captured so many great moments that were natural and memorable.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Brian R

Words can't explain how easy and outgoing and professional Dom is to work with. From our engagement shoot to our wedding photos and complete photo booth he set up at our wedding venue was absolutely perfect. His photography skills are amazing such a pleasant experience... Read More working with him all around. I would highly recommend him for any event or photo shoot you're thinking about doing

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Amy L

It was such a pleasure to work with Dominique. He was exactly what my husband and I were looking for on our special day. He has quite the eye for detail and can make any situation look glamorous! Dominique is extremely easy to work with and is great with direction. Also, if he... Read More gives a date of when the photos will be ready, he definitely abides by that time frame. We are definitely glad we chose him! Thank you Dominique!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017

My wife and I were blessed to have Dominique come shoot our destination wedding in Mexico. Dominique went above and beyond our expectations. His professionalism, character, and warmth provided a wonderful addition with him spending time with our families. The time he spent... Read More taking photos during the duration of our trip was not even requested of him. He did a phenomenal job. We owe him BIG! Our beach wedding will now be something remembered for a life time captured perfectly by Mr. Dom! We will be using him again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Angela B

I could not chosen a more perfect fit for my gorgeous wedding at Fairmont Grand Del Mar. I cannot wait to do our anniversary underwater shoot with Dominique one year from now. Thank you! to

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Andrew F

Met Dom when he shot my brother's wedding a few years ago and eyverything came out great so when it was my turn there was no hesitation for us to hire him as our photographer. Great to work with and highly recommend him for any special moments u may have.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Paige G

Dom is awesome! We did both our engagement photos and wedding photos with him and we couldn't be happier. He made us feel comfortable the whole time. He felt like a long time friend. And the pictures turned out amazing! We also opted for the photo booth at our wedding and it was... Read More an absolute hit! The best part is you get a copy of all of them when you get your photos back. I would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Richard V

Dom is an amazing photographer! My wife and I got married at a park. Dom used his artistic ability to find the angles and lighting to capture the moment perfectly. After the ceremony he was full of ideas on where to shoot the wedding party and bride and groom portraits. We gave... Read More him complete control and were not disappointed. During our reception we used his photo booth which was a huge hit! My 93 year old grandmother was having a blast wearing props and making goofy memorable photos with her grandkids. Dom also used cool lighting techniques to capture amazing dance floor pictures. The only problem we had was trying to decide on which pictures to put in our wedding book. I highly recommend Dom to be your wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Richard V

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alma C

We just got married 10/15/16, Dominique was our photogrpher. Since the first time we meet him we knew this was our guy. He is laid back which is exactly the type of attitude you need around when you are planning a wedding. He worked with our every need, even our unexpected... Read More change of plans. He still manage to stay professional and to make the best of every situation! Our pics are currently being edited but we have no doubt they will be great!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jackie S

Dom is a wonderful photographer and made us feel very comfortable in every shot. His creative eye and attention to detail makes every photo special. I will be using him in the future for all of those special moments I need captured. Thank you Dom!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kristi D

I cannot even put into words how amazing Dominique is at his work. He is a creative genius, with a artistic eye, and a laid back demeanor, who gets the job done! We were referred to Dominique from a close friend when planning our wedding! We met with several photographers but... Read More went with Dominique because we loved his work, and I was impressed by the outcome of the photographs from my friends wedding. My husband really liked him because "he's super chill" and a perfect fit for our personalities. Dominique suggested we do a underwater engagement shoot which neither of us would have ever thought of doing. We aren't big swimmers so wasn't sure, but trusted Dominique as a surfer and knew he is passionate about the water so we said "why not", we have a pool!! They turned out amazing!!! We received the best compliments on the pictures! People were amazed!! We incorporated them into the wedding and I have them printed on canvas around the house! It was a creative, different approach that will forever be our memories! He shot our wedding day and pre wedding pictures, all came out beautiful! He knows the exact way to tell us how to pose, how to capture the perfect lighting, and now we have pictures that capture my husband and I's personality and love with little effort. He is soooo easy to work with. It's like hanging out with a friend rather than an uncomfortable awkward fake pose for a shoot. Dominique will now be shooting my underwater maternity photos and I couldn't be more excited. He will be our family photographer for our lifetime! I couldn't be more happy with his service and he is now someone we considered a friend!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Adam V

My husband and I have known Dominique for years and watched him develop into a very talented photographer and artist! I'm personally very uncomfortable with taking photos and knowing that, Dom did what he could to make me laugh or forget how awkward I felt. He did an amazing job... Read More

with our engagement and wedding pictures. He even added in a session of underwater photos (practice holding you breath!) His photo booth is top notch and was a huge hit at the wedding! We would highly recommend Dominique for your special day and all the important moments before it and after.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Ali B

Dom has been nothing shy of amazing. Him and his girlfriend Lauren helped me capture one of the most special moments in my life and gave me some pictures my now Husband and I will remember forever. I found Dom through Yelp and contacted him regarding taking photos at my... Read More Husband's homecoming from deployment. He was so flexible and easy to schedule with and was very responsive. I feel he is reasonably priced considering deployments are so uncertain. He charged me $300 for around 6-8 hours of his and his gf Lauren's time and provided me with digitial files of our photos (around 150-300 photos or so, can't remember exactly). The photos were high quality and he and Lauren were very warm, professional and made me feel very comfortable. We recently got engaged, and married and I contacted him again to capture our small special day at the courthouse. We're planning on doing a bigger wedding soon and will definitely use him again. Same price and easily as many photos. Such a great deal. I'm very happy I met Dom and his GF Lauren. They are quite the duo and I can promise you without a doubt he can capture moments you never want to forget. I'll cherish these photos for the rest of my life! Thanks Dom & Lauren, you Rock!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

Dom did a great job capturing our Wedding day with his style of photography. He was never intrusive but very persistent to get the right pics. We were on the beach and I must say he made the most of our setting and really captured the beautiful surroundings including the... Read More excitement of our guest and my stunning Bride. I also highly recommend the photo booth which turned out to be a lot of fun for all that shared our day.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Dom is a wonderful photographer - he has the ability to capture life in a way that makes you desire to relive it! We hired Dom for our engagement and wedding day and he was phenomenal. Needless to say he has an eye for lightening like no other because our pictures are not only... Read More timeless but breathtaking and true to the day, look and feel. They have a flawlessness about them that makes us look as "glowing" as we truly felt. I will use Dom time and time again for not only life events but for my company as well. Thank you Dom for making our vision come to life and live forever, we appreciate you.

Reviewed on 3/02/2016

We are really happy we had Dominique as our wedding photographer. He was really easy to work with, both relaxed and professional at the same time. We have so many great photos - now the only thing is parsing them down - but the situation of having so many excellent photos is a... Read More good one to be in, of course :) We also did an engagement shoot with Dom and he ran our photobooth. The photobooth was a hit. I didn't realize how much guests, young and old, would love the photobooth- we are really glad we took Dom's recommendation about having it! I also really love the getting ready photos I had with my bridesmaids- and Dom was flexible as the time table and location for all this came together. If you want a wedding photographer who is both professional and relaxed, go with Dom! A relaxed photographer is definitely a must to keep the groom and groomsmen happy and calm, I think :)

Dominique Labrecque

Dominique Labrecque is a professional photographer based in Carlsbad, California with over 14 years of experience creating and capturing timeless moments. Born and raised in Hawaii, Dominique nurtured his passion for photography after his daughter Mailee was born. Dominique strives to master the blend between capturing the earth and energy of those living in it.