Is this your business? claim it now

Don Toshach

throughout greater Southern California area

Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Nondenominational, Protestant, Christian

Ceremony, Wedding

Rancho Mirage, CA throughout greater Southern California area (858) 395-7834

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Lynn N

Rev. Don Toshach is wonderful! We were blessed to have him as a co-officiant in our Christian and Jewish interfaith wedding in May 2017. Don worked with us and our ceremony drafts for several weeks, giving us direction when we asked for it, encouraging us to customize the... Read More ceremony to suit our personalities, and always made it clear that our happiness was his goal for our wedding. Don has such an easy going, sincere and kind manner that every communication with him was wonderful. His interaction with the guests was great - several of our guests said that our wedding was one of the best they had ever attended, and Don is one of the main reasons for that compliment!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jill B

Don just wed us on 10/2/16 at Los Willows in Temecula, CA. My now husband I had started the conversation over e-mail and then met Don in person. He was genuine, fun and outgoing. We talked about our story, marriage and our life/love goals. We worked with Don on "the script" and... Read More were all on the same page. Don did a great job retelling our story in a personable way while being humorous and thoughtful all during the service. We appreciate his warmth and demeanor in our non-uptight wedding. Don was fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Rachel M

We wanted something a little different to the normal UK wedding so my husband and I planned a wedding in San Diego. I first made contact with Don early 2016 for our September wedding. From the off Don was personable, warm, professional. All meetings of course had to be over the... Read More phone until we arrived in San Diego but this did not impact on any of the detail in the ceremony. We remained in contact via email where Don requested details of how we met, what our relationship meant to us, what we wanted our future to look like and what other people said about our relationship. We met with Don prior to the rehearsal so we could strengthen the relationship we had formed; he was everything we had anticipated, and furthermore, had really considered the detail we had sent to him over the months. I felt like we already knew Don on our first face to face meeting. Don walked us through the ceremony step by step during the rehearsal keeping us calm and focussed. This guidance followed into the ceremony. Don kept it light-hearted, fun and purposeful. Don is a clear professional and I would recommend him to anyone getting wed!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Lindsey G

Don was a prefect choice for us for our wedding. He made everything so easy for us and tied in our story perfectly. It was as if he had known us for years. His sense of humor and ability to take the description of a couple and turn it into something completely accurate about us... Read More made it all flow so perfectly. All the guest raved how much they enjoyed his approach to officiating the ceremony.

A little disappointing

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Jenny S

Don was nice enough, but it felt as though he was just sort of winging it most of the time. He doesn't attend the rehearsal unless you pay an additional fee (he was adamant that it wasn't necessary for him to attend), so it made my husband feel really uncomfortable when the... Read More special guests were being seated and (in front of everyone) Don wouldn't stop telling him to go shake their hands when they came down the aisle. We had also provided him with pretty much exactly what we wanted to be said during the ceremony, and he strayed from that into cliche jokes about male and female stereotypes. I'm not sure how you can go from saying "love and listen to one another" to a joke about "just get used to saying 'yes' all the time" - they directly contradict one another. My husband and I were actually standing at the alter both shaking our heads in disagreement at one point. Also, in the rush before walking down the isle he came in the bridal suite and was asking me for the rest of his fee. Now, I understand he needs to get paid, but we were already slightly behind schedule, and it took me about 10 minutes (when I could have been taking pictures) to make sure it was handled before I could put my dress on. It would have been nice if that could have been handled directly after the ceremony, or he should have just spoken to my parents instead of me. To be fair, I know he had some personal things going on in the months leading up to our wedding, and he also didn't know us very well personally (we live out of town), but I would have to say this is probably the vendor we were the most disappointed in.