Doolan's Shore Club

Spring Lake, NJ

Book Your Wedding with Doolan's Shore Club

Skylight Atrium. With clear multipane glass roofs and walls, the skylight atrium makes any wedding exceptional. On daytime ceremonies, sunshine serves as a natural lighting as it passes through the skylight. A gorgeous chandelier and numerous spotlights light up the atrium at night and wonderfully complements the blinking lights up in the sky during evening events.

Outdoor Garden. The club's landscaped garden area features a large white composite deck with an intricate arbor made of white wooden beams and white wrought iron balusters. Guests stand on the deck and share the special moment with the couple as they exchange or renew their vows. The outdoor garden and the deck are located in front of the pool, limiting the number of guests that witness the event.

Offsite Locations. Doolan's Shore Club is just minutes away from the white and gold sandy beaches of Spring Lake and the Divine Park with its scenic lake and picturesque landscape. For traditional weddings, couples book the historic chapel at Allaire State Park, which is just less than 15 minutes by car from the club's facility. The club helps the couples in arranging a private wedding in any of the nearby locations.

Ballrooms. Each of the ballrooms in the club accommodates up to 275 guests and is decorated elegantly with a grand crystal chandelier, spotlights, flowering plants and mirrored walls that reflect the warm lights from the chandelier and ceiling lights.

Doolan's Shore Club's event coordinators work with couples and go the extra mile to meet the couple's expectations. Couples get to choose an all-inclusive package where the site and its staff help with the whole preparation for early cocktail party, rehearsal dinner, bridal luncheon, wedding ceremony, banquet or reception, after party and farewell breakfast.

The site gives a list of recommended vendors for entertainment, flowers, photography, transportation, invitations and accessories. Couples are also allowed to bring in their own decorations or employ a separate wedding coordinator to work with the site's own professional wedding planner.

Most wedding ceremonies in Doolan's Shore Club are facilitated inside the Skylight Atrium and the reception follows in one of the ballrooms. Couples may also wed outside in the garden or at the nearby beach and choose to continue the reception in the atrium or in one of the ballrooms.

The site's wedding planners communicate mainly through email and phone, especially when the to-be-weds are from out of town. It is possible to contact Doolan's Shore Club by calling the site directly of by filling up the contact form on its official website.

Doolan's Shore Club's wedding packages come with the following noteworthy add-ons and complimentary offerings:

• Complimentary deluxe room overnight for the bride and groom
  • Discounted room rate for guests
  • Breakfast party for registered guests
  • Dedicated maître d' for the bride and groom
  • Valet parking
  • Complimentary menu tasting and consultation
  • Personalized menu cards and escort seating cards
  • Complimentary direction and room reservations for the couple's invites

The couple and their guests may stay for the night before and after the event in the club's Inn, allowing them to prepare for the special day and enjoy the views and nearby attractions in Spring Lake. The couple may also book an after party event where the lobby is opened for a night of cocktails after the reception.

Located only one mile from beautiful beaches

A wedding at the Shore Club is a perfect marriage of elegance and sophistication. Elegantly decorated ballrooms, world class cuisine,excellent service and our attention to detail make us an extraordinary location for a wedding ceremony & reception

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

700 State Hwy 71, Spring Lake, NJ (732) 449-3666

April wedding

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Kelly W

We had our wedding this April and everything was perfect! All our guests can't stop talking about all the food at cocktail hour. The surf and turf is worth it! The reception room looked awesome, the staff was always accommodating and helped everything run seamlessly.

Doolans Shore Club was Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Rebecca M

We got married at Doolans Shore Club on 8/31/13 and I could not be happier with the experience! I actually cannot believe how smoothly, easy going and accomodating Doolans was. When we were deciding on the venue (by the way…once we went to Doolans we didn’t go anywhere else) I... Read More had a lot of questions and Susan and Bob answered all my emails in a very timely manner and with incredibly helpful and thoughtful answers. They were also always available to meet in person and had no problem with me stopping in alone, or with my husband, or with family or friends. Susan and Bob had great advice, would give us their opinion and expierence in certain things but always told us, to do what would make us happy. Words cannot describe my extreme gratitude for the Doolans Shore Club. Susan Doolan and Bob, and the entire staff were absolutley amazing. Susan and Bob really did make our wedding the most amazing day of our life. From day one Susan and Bob were down to earth, friendly, helpful, and fun and never made me feel like a crazy bride! The food was amazing; everything from cocktain to the very end! People are still telling me how awesome EVERYTHING WAS. I have absolutely no regrets at all and would HIGHLY recommend Doolans. Thank you Susan and Bob, you made our wedding a dream come true!! We will be back to visit soon 

I Couldn't Imagine My Wedding Anywhere Else!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Angela C

If you are considering having your wedding at or near the Jersey Shore, or in New Jersey at all, you really should consider Doolan's Shore Club seriously. I looked at about 5 venues in the area, including some that are more famous in Spring Lake than Doolan's, but there were a... Read More few reasons I chose Doolan's. First of all, the place is beautiful inside. The Atrium (where our cocktail hour took place) is a gorgeous room enclosed in glass. Our reception itself was in the Presidential room, which is the smaller of the two ballrooms, but was the perfect size for my wedding (105 people), and I actually liked the layout better than the main ballroom. It was also very important to me to have a hotel on site. Also, Doolan's offered us and our parents a meal, so we could taste the food, before even booking. When we tasted the food, we were highly impressed. And, the price was very good compared to other places we checked out in the area. The staff at Doolan's (mainly Susan) was always accessible and incredibly helpful in answering all of my questions and ironing out all details with me. Planning your wedding can be a stressful time, but at Doolan's, they are very relaxed and made me feel confident that everything would be great. And, it was! Doolan's did not disappoint! Everyone at the wedding was amazed by the food and could not stop raving about it. There was so much food and and it was high quality as well: all of the food at the cocktail hour was delicious, the salad, the pasta, the meal (I had salmon, but I tasted everything and it was all fabulous), and the cake was incredible too! Not one detail of my wedding was anything other than I had hoped it would be. In my opinion, if you are looking to have a wedding in that area, and do not choose Doolan's, you would be making a mistake. I could not be happier with their service.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Kelly P

We had a fabulous experience at Doolan’s! Susan and her staff were so helpful and accommodating during the planning process and at the reception. Everything went off without a hitch and we couldn’t of been happier, or imagined a better place to have our wedding reception. The... Read More food was incredible; our guests are still talking about it.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Kevin C

Doolan's was amazing in every way, and we couldn't have imagined our wedding anywhere else. Susan and the whole team were excellent to work with, from start to finish, and they made everything we wanted happen, without hassle. Almost every guest we talked to commented that the... Read More venue was beautiful and the food was outstanding. We had a perfect wedding day with the help of Doolan's and would highly recommend them to anyone hoping for a seamless, ideal wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Brittany A

They made our day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Jenna H

My husband and I just had our wedding at Doolan's at the end of July and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue itself and about Susan, the wedding coordinator. She was with us every step of the way, always quick to reply to my many emails, usually within a... Read More couple of hours. Her confidence and relaxed approach to the planning process made me feel so at ease; she is undoubtedly a professional who knows exactly what she's doing. This was invaluable, as I never had any doubts or worries about how things would turn out. And as expected, they turned out beautifully :) her and her team's execution of my vision was perfect, down to the smallest of details. We had our ceremony at the beach that Doolan's handled entirely. It was simple and perfect - exactly what we pictured. Our reception was held in the bigger ballroom, and it fit our 210 guests comfortably, with plenty of room to move around and to dance. From a guest's perspective, we have heard nothing but rave reviews. The service was excellent and the food was incredible! My only regret is that I didn't get to eat more of it. What I did have, however, was delicious, and I am a self-proclaimed snob when it comes to food ;D We chose the cocktail reception, so there were a bunch of stations in the atrium that our guests could visit at their leisure - everyone loved this setup and Doolan's did such a great job keeping up with our 210 guests and their appetites. At our final meeting the week prior, Susan ended up adding extra stations to make sure we had enough food. She also threw in filet mignon at the carving station - beyond generous gestures from someone who truly cares about their couples and their guests. Day of, she added yet another station at no extra charge because she was still worried we wouldn't have enough. It was so many little things like that that really ensured our night went off without a hitch. We are so appreciative to everyone at Doolan's for all of their time, patience, and efforts. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Chelsea C

Doolan's was the best choice of venue I could have ever made! My husband and I went in to have a consultation and tour with Susan and she really knew what she was talking about. This is a family owned and operated business that included everything that we were looking for in... Read More our wedding venue. The price and value of what we were getting was above and beyond any other venue we checked out. It did not take us long to book with Susan and start the planning process! Susan, Nicole, Penny and the whole team were so helpful when it came to every last detail to our perfect wedding. I thought I would overwhelm everyone with all of the decor that I was bringing in but soon realized they knew exactly what to do with everything. I checked everything over and approved all of the beautiful work that Nicole put together for our Romantic Disney wedding theme and was so excited at what an amazing job she had done for me. Penny was our Maitre' D and she was fabulous! She was on top of everything! She showed me the room before the ceremony began and helped me find something I thought was missing. She added all the finishing touches and obviously knew what she was doing because she put the reception room together so beautifully! She came to find me several times to get me drinks and food or whatever I may have needed. After the party ended, Penny and her team were on top of their game putting everything away neatly and carefully. Overall this venue and the whole staff was the best choice my husband and I could have made!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Marcy l

Loved Having my reception here. Everyone went at of their way to make my day spectacular. Couldn't have been any better! The food was great! The staff was great! would recommend.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Lauren G

There are not enough kind things to say about the staff and service at Doolan's Shore Club! We just had our ceremony and reception at Doolan's on January 14th and it was the most amazing experience. The staff was more than accommodating, they make you feel like family and... Read More really go the extra mile so you don't have to worry about a thing. From planning, to set up, to the actual event they are with you every step of the way. My maître d was AMAZING- she really made sure myself or my bridesmaids didn't have to worry about a thing during the event. There is not enough to say about how amazing the food is at Doolan's- the cocktail hour was amazing and of course their famous prime rib. Go with Doolan's- you will not regret a thing!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Kerry H

Doolan's is a beautiful, old-fashioned catering hall. We read many reviews & spoke with several people who had their wedding with Doolan's Shore Club after visiting and booking with them, & no one had a single negative thing to say. We had our Friday evening September wedding... Read More with them, & we have to agree regarding how amazing this place is. We worked with the owner, Susan, throughout the planning process, as well as her wonderful staff. They were professional, thorough, accommodating, & flexible. Equally as important was their very reasonable pricing, which made this location work with our budget & allowed us to make our small seaside wedding happen- they really do include so much & you can customize it to fit what you want. What was also great was the hotel attached to the venue, which alleviated my concern for shuttle service or my guests driving inebriated. Susan ran our ceremony at the Bradley Beach Gazebo, and it went flawlessly. Susan & her staff kept on top of our event, making sure everything was how we wanted it. Susan was accommodating with moving times around when we realized we needed more time for pictures, the staff was kind enough to make sure my husband & I ate during our reception, & when we finally made it downstairs the next morning late for breakfast, the staff stopped breaking it down to make sure we got food and coffee. The food was amazing, & every one of my guests raved about it. There was *so much* of it. The cocktail hour was abundant (so I hear) & bar service was great. We did hear a bit about the dated condition of the hotel rooms, but they were clean, well-appointed, & there were no issues. Every question was answered, every concern addressed, & every request accommodated. The food was awesome, the service perfect, & we had an overall outstanding experience with Doolan’s. It was a true pleasure to work with every one of the staff members, & I hope to be able to have another event there sometime in the future (or attend one!).

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jennifer S

My wedding was 9/17/16 and I'm still getting phone calls about how amazing my wedding was and that is because of how amazing Doolans is! Since day one when I first met Susan I knew that Doolans was the perfect choice for us. Susan and her staff worked with us for a year and... Read More she is a true class act! My family and friends are still raving about the FOOD the food was so amazing and food was my main priority. My ceremony room and my reception room was designed EXACTLY how I always pictured my wedding day. I'm hoping I can get invited to a wedding there so I can sit and relax and enjoy all the food LOL. Thank you again Susan for such an amazing day. The only thing that I would change is the guest rooms and bridal suite rooms. I wish they were more updated. Other then that I had no issues and I had the best day ever.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

My bride to be and I went to Doolan's a few days ago to check it out based on the excellent reviews here. I wish I could say we had a positive experience but it was quite the opposite. From the moment we arrived, I knew i was going to be disappointed. The outside of the building... Read More needs repair as there were what appeared to be rust stains, pieces of concrete broken off the sides, filthy awning, and old air conditioners along with chipped and broken concrete in view of potential wedding guests. The woman we met with seemed uninterested and the venue did not meet any of our expectations. The only part of the venue which I think was decent was the lobby. Even then, the entire place smelled like a cheap motel. Granted, there was an event there earlier that's why this isn't a 1 star review. The room for cocktail hour has a large window overlooking the pool and grounds. However, the window was dirty and had a white residue on it and the grounds are nothing special and there is nowhere to take pictures. The rooms were outdated, the carpets were dirty, mens bathroom seemed fairly new however, the women's bathroom was not and tiles were cracked and dirty as well as the bathroom itself being outdated and in need of repair (as I am told by my bride to be, my mother and future mother inlaw). We weren't able to see a guest room or eat at the restaurany but from what we had already seen, we didn't even want to. Overall very disappointing.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

this is a great venue!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amanda K

Our wedding was everything we could have dreamt of and more! Susan was fantastic to work with from start to finish. The atrium and ballroom were absolutely perfect. Susan was great to work with from start to finish. Our wedding was on a Friday and I was allowed to set up the... Read More ballroom the day before to make sure my vision became a reality. We were receivng compliments all night from guests on how great the food was and the bar was flowing all night! The rooms were clean, comfortable and very spacious.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Danielle D

Susan and her staff were amazing! Right from the beginning, Susan worked with my husband, mom and I to pull off an amazing beach wedding on Memorial Day Weekend! She allowed us to bring in our own touches a week early and she stored them safely for us. Each staff member went... Read More above and beyond the call of duty whenever we had a minor to major mishap or if a guest had a question with their room, Susan was on it in a heartbeat! We even had to hire an extremely last minute shuttle service due to lack of parking by the beach, and Susan was there to help make it happen for us. Every single guest raved about the delicious food, beautiful ambiance and exceptional service. Even after the festivities were over and we were home, we forgot some things. Her staff once again came to the rescue and hunted down our things and got them to us. Susan also recommended we use Chocolate Carousel for our wedding cake, which was 1 of the best decisions ever!!! We can't thank them enough and can't wait to go back to visit!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Michelle T

We had our weeding here 11-15-15! Everything was so wonderful the staff were so helpful. Susan helped me with everything. I loved that the hotel was connected because he had a lot of out of town guest, which made it easy. My day was perfect thanks to the staff here

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Breanna

What an absolute pleasure it was working with everyone here. From seeing the venue for the first time to the time we left the morning after our wedding everything was perfect. We had the Shore Club package and it was above and beyond the value. The food all fresh and amazing,... Read More all we heard that night and today is nothing but compliments on the variety of food and how good it was. And so happy we could have a custom station at cocktail hour... a bacon bar! What a hit that was, not only did Susan research it more for us but they nailed it. The bacon was flying off the table. The atrium for our ceremony was decorated beautifully, and the ballroom just perfect. Brenda our Dedicated Maitre D’ was great, she nailed it with taking care of us. Rob our one bartender made sure our bride and groom drinks were exactly how we wanted them made. And Susan, she made it so easy to work with her and answered every question we could have had. It was a perfect day.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Alison M

I had great expectations for Doolan's based on all of the great reviews and pictures I found online. However, when I visited the property for a tour, I was extremely disappointed. The lobby is very lovely, however the ballrooms are very dated. It is in need of a repainting... Read More and the ceiling needs to be replaced. The cocktail hour space is extremely small, compared to the space for the reception. Also, during out meeting with Susan, who was very nice and informative, I was turned off after she told us our date was not available (we are planning a year and a half out). But then she also talked very poorly about her "bad" brides. It left a very bad taste in my mouth and we immediately decided that this was not the place for me and my fiancé to start our lives.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Lauren D

Everyone at Doolans were amazing! Our awesome maitre'd Barbara took care of me and my groom and whatever we needed. They were very very accommodating, even with me being a neurotic bride! Susan and her staff made sure everything was perfect and I didn't have a care in the world... Read More once everything began. I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Cathy

Doolan's Shore Club was beyond amazing for our daughter's wedding. From our first meeting with Susan Doolan, through the entire planning process, everything was clearly explained. The actual reception was beyond magical! The room was set up so beautifully with both their... Read More decorations and items we had too. The food was delicious! Everything was cooked perfectly and all the requests from our guests were met with smiles and prompt attention. The staff worked tirelessly to ensure that the evening was perfect. When my daughter's dress suffered a mishap a staff member ran and got scissors; the bride was able to continue dancing!! All of our guests left saying they had never experienced such an amazing reception; one guest called it "the wedding of the century"! Doolan's is the perfect venue for a wedding reception!

The BEST!!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Dana P

We got married here on August 8, 2015..From the minute we booked it back in November 2014 it has been a great experience, any questions I had, I emailed them and they responded to me immediately up til the day of our wedding!! The day of our wedding, Susan was there to help us... Read More through everything, we got married on the beach and she was there for anything we needed, as far as holding my dress to help me and my dad down the beach!! We got back to Doolans for the reception and the cocktail hour was delicious, set up beautifully as well as the ballroom, our wedding was stunning and the food was spectacular, all our guests are still talking about it!! I highly recommend Doolans to all getting married, it was everything we imagined and a whole lot more!! Thanks Doolans you helped make our wedding day PERFECT!!!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Jill P

My husband and I recently got married this July 2015 at the beautiful Doolan's Shore Club. Susan was a pleasure to work with from day one!! We visited the venue a year and a half prior to our wedding date and then we had to plan our wedding long distance from Chicago. Susan... Read More responded to all emails within 1 day, answered all of my questions, and guided us throughout the entire process without any problems! She even referred us to a reverend whom married us at the poolside of the venue, and he did and amazing job!! We did visit the venue an additional time for our menu tasting and right then we knew that our wedding was going to be perfect. They allowed us to try all of the available entrées that we could have at our wedding and it was a tough decision because everything tasted delicious and that is a lot coming from us because we used to live in Manhattan and can be quite picky with our food. We ended up going with the châteaubriand, lemon peppered chicken with shrimp, and the herb crusted salmon all of which were phenomenal, and our guests raved about how great the food was just as we had expected! We also received many compliments from our guests on the cocktail hour they were impressed by the amount of hors d'oeuvres and the crepe station. The cocktail hour was held in the glass atrium which was a beautiful setting for the cocktail hour! The reception room was also great; we ordered up lighting through our DJ to set the mood a little bit more and I highly recommend that. The size of the dance floor was large and easily held all of our guests; we had 175 people attend. The entire evening went smoothly and we could not have asked for more!! Doolan's even included a complimentary breakfast for all guests who stayed onsite so we were all able to have breakfast together the next day. Oh and I almost forgot! We took pictures by the lake but our driver that was supposed to take the wedding party canceled last minute and one of the gentlemen that works at Doolan's totally took care of it for us!! He called around to car services of people he knew and arranged us another van!! We were so grateful for this! The whole wedding day is such an amazing memory now, and we're sad that it's over!! The only negative is that we feel the hotel rooms could use some sprucing up. I am pretty sure that some of them have been renovated and others have not. Our bridal suite needed some work, but that did not matter so much as our wedding weekend was more perfect than we could've ever imagined!

Great experience and wonderful staff

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Sandy M

My husband and I got married at Doolan's about a week ago, on July 24th. We had such a great experience from the moment we looked at the venue to our wedding day. Susan and her team were spectacular. The front desk staff were knowledgable whenever we would call with a question... Read More and also very accommodating with any request. The interior ceremony space was beautiful, the reception hall just right, and the food great -- we received many compliments on all fronts. I also really appreciated how so many extras (even the cake, which was delicious) and center pieces are included with the venue. The staff on our wedding day were also very attentive and easy to work with. We highly recommend Doolan's!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Pru W

I had my wedding reception at Doolan's this past May. I enjoyed working with the staff and found them incredibly quick to respond to any questions or concerns. On our wedding day everything went off without a problem. The room was perfect, the food was delicious, and my... Read More guests were happy with accommodations as well.