Dory Diaz Photography

New England and Destination Wedding Photographer

An Eye for the Moment After the Pose

I believe the key to capturing beautiful, memorable images is a good relationship and positive chemistry with my clients. My assistant and second photographer, Jessica, and I work hard to capture beautiful, memorable images on every wedding day we shoot, but we also work hard to make sure our clients, their wedding party, and their families feel comfortable, relaxed, and happy. We love to hear at the end of the day: "You guys were so much fun!" because that's exactly what our clients should remember at the end of their wedding day. We want our clients to have the time of their lives while we capture it. We believe in exceeding our clients' expectations, not merely meeting them.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

New England and Destination Wedding Photographer (808) 628-0442
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Caroline C

I recommend Dory 100%. She shot my wedding in July and she was better than I could have hoped for. She wasn't just a great photog--she completely blended in personality-wise with ALL of my family and guests. People are STILL telling me how hard she and her second shooter were... Read More working and how much fun they were having with the guests and the wedding party. The images came out AMAZING and she was laughing and smiling the whole time (which can be hard at a stressful event like a wedding...especially when the weather gets crazy!!) She was so much fun to work with, was SO responsive during the planning process and replied to my texts right away! I cannot cannot cannot give her the praise she deserves. A+ in every aspect. Thank you, Dory!!!

2017-08-03T08:34:02 Response from the vendor

Caroline, thank you SO MUCH for this! Reviews like this are exactly why we love what we do!! :)

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Lexy J

Dory photographed my wedding at the Viewpoint Hotel in York Maine July 15th, 2017 and did an incredible job. From the very beginning she was super responsive, flexible, caring, sweet, funny and passionate about her work. She made it a point to get to know my husband and I and... Read More our style. Dory drove over 2 hours to photograph our engagement sessions as well as another two hours to do a site visit at our venue. Before the wedding day she contacted all of my other venders to introduce herself. The day of she was early with her second shooter, Jess, who was also a blast and awesome! For 9 hours they worked extremely hard getting the perfect lighting, blocking the sun and chasing family members down. My pictures came out beautiful. She captured our day perfectly. I can not thank her enough!! xoxo Lexy Johnson

2017-08-21T19:54:26 Response from the vendor

Lexy, you were a delight to work with! Thank you so much for the kind words!! <3

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Regina G

Dory was absolutely incredible to work with! From the first time we met her until after the wedding was over, we felt like our special day was just as important to her as it was to us. Most of the bridal party is fairly camera shy, but Dory and Jess made us feel very... Read More comfortable and made the day so fun and lighthearted. There was no room for stress with their positive energy and expertise there to guide us. And speaking of positive energy...Dory is just a ball of it! No one can be in a bad mood when Dory is around, and a lot of our guests have commented about how she's so much fun, energetic, and great at her job. After the wedding, we loved the sneak peaks she provided before getting our final package. All of the pictures that Dory and Jess took came out fantastically, and far exceeded any expectations we had about how good our wedding pictures could have been. We would recommend Dory in a heartbeat to anyone who is looking for a photographer!

2017-07-11T06:13:26 Response from the vendor

Regina, thank you so much!! You and your family and friends were such a blast to work with, and it was an honor to be part of what was so clearly a very special day for all of you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Angelina C

We hired Dory to photograph our wedding at the Stageneck Inn on October 8th, 2017. It was the best decision we made! Dory was easy to work with from the start. She responded to all of my emails within a few days or would call right away if she felt we needed to discuss my... Read More questions in detail. She was very well organized (sent us a wedding day questionnaire a few months prior to fill out and also contacted all of our vendors). I also never felt like I was bothering Dory with all of my crazy wedding questions. Dory and Jess showed up on our wedding day with energy, a smile on their faces and helped to calm my nerves. They went right to work and also helped our wedding party keep to our timeline. Tom (Groom)- said that Jess made the getting ready photos relaxing and fun for the guys, which was hard because he was not thrilled about this idea! Jess found a way to make it interested for them and I heard they had some good laughs. First look- Tom & I had the idea of walking out on a cliff to take our photos. It rained the entire morning and didn’t stop until about one hour prior to our first look. I looked over during our first look and saw Dory kneeling down in the mud at one point; this is dedication! Sneak peek- within a few days of our wedding we were able to view a sneak peek of our wedding. This was a blast to see! We highly recommend Dory-Diaz Photography to any couple looking for a great photographer for their wedding day. Dory is very easy to work with, has competitive rates and great ideas for shots.

2017-10-25T22:13:00 Response from the vendor

Aw, Angelina, thank you so much for these awesome words! Jess and I loved working with you guys and your families! <3

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sean B

Dory and Jess were so wonderful! As someone that does not like there picture taken, being comfortable is key and that’s exactly what they did for me. They are a dream to work with And such good hearted people. Our pictures came out soooo GOOD! What a wonderful blessing to have... Read More those memory’s to look back on!

2017-10-23T05:45:58 Response from the vendor

Sean!! Thank you so much for the kind words! We just love being able to be part of yours and Johnna’s day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Carrie J

Very friendly and easy to work with. Great vision for photography!!

2017-10-22T22:35:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, Carrie! <3

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Joanna P

Dory and her second shooter Jess took engagement photos for my fiancé and I and we had such a wonderful experience working with them! Dory was very helpful making suggestions to find the perfect locations for our photos and then scouting out the area before our shoot to make... Read More everything run smoothly! We immediately felt at ease with Dory and Jess and we had such a fun afternoon! Dory was able to capture every moment perfectly and our final images turned out so beautiful; we are absolutely in love with every single photo! Dory will not be photographing our wedding, but ONLY because we are going to NYC to get married. If our wedding were here in Maine, then Dory would definitely be the one who we would want and trust to capture our special day!

2017-10-21T13:09:07 Response from the vendor

Aww Joanna! Thank you!! I'd follow you guys anywhere -- you both were truly so sweet to work with, and I love that I got to be a part of telling your love story! <3

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Maria R

I have been involved in two weddings and attended several more where Dory played a 5 starring role as photographer. Dory is professional, warm and has a strong intuitive sense of not only what individuals and parties want, but what they really need. Her communication and... Read More diplomacy (hey, all weddings need it) are top notch!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kate D

Oh my goodnes.. not enough words to describe how awesome and wonderful it was to work with Dory Diaz Photography! I'm in love with every photo that I've seen. She's always giving credit on social media(s) to the amazing people helping on the big day! She and Jess work so great... Read More together..( almost like they read each others minds) they got our very large family's together in seconds to take pics and they are beautiful, definitely framers! After working with these talented girls it's not soon enough till I can work with them again!

2017-10-16T22:29:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Katie! Huge hugs!! <3

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Peg B

Dory Diaz Photography has made an incredible impression on me as the mother of the groom. Dory and Jess were such a delight to work with. They worked the crowd of over 185 guests with grace. I am so impressed with how Dory and Jess were always there at the right time capturing... Read More just the right shot! They never commanded the space or intruded on a special moment in order to get "that shot", yet they always got it with a loving touch, and such compassion. The photos I have seen so far from Dory & Jess have brought tears to my eyes, joy to my heart and now I know I will have these precious photos to always remember one of my most valued days, times in my life. I just can't say enough about the wonderful experience it was to have Dory Diaz Photographers as part of our very special day. Thank you, a million thank you's!! I might add, looking through other wedding and special events that Dory has done are spectacular to say the least. So heartfelt are her photos, capturing so much in the moment. She and Jess really have an eye.

2017-10-13T21:49:06 Response from the vendor

Aw Peggy! Thank you!! It was so so much fun to work with you and Sean and Johnna, and well, your entire family in this process!! <3

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Nolan H

If I could give more stars I would, met dory as a groomsman in a wedding she had shot. Working with her through out the process and seeing her end results,were more than enough reasons to request her to work with my fiancé and myself. Her vision is excellent and her warm... Read More personality is beyond infectious, all this makes for an extremely comfortable experience as we found out when she did our engagement shoot.

2017-10-16T22:29:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Nolan! I can't wait to work with you and Liz on YOUR wedding day next! <3

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Johnna P

Dory, and her co-shooter Jess, were fun and also professional, making sure that we got all the shots we needed and wanted! Neither my husband nor I enjoy being photographed, and they made us feel comfortable throughout the day. And the pictures came out great! We totally... Read More recommend them to anyone and everyone!

2017-10-06T22:05:19 Response from the vendor

I would never have known you or Sean wasn't comfortable in front of the camera -- you guys were naturals, and so so much fun! Thank you for choosing Jess and I to be part of your day! <3

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Cheryl L

Dory photographed my daughter's wedding this summer. She and her assistant really work hard at covering every nuance of the event. Her style is creative and imaginative. There are so many fun photos on the disc-- it will surely end up being hard to decide on the choices for... Read More an album. Her pricing is very competitive.

2017-08-23T12:38:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Cheryl! You all were a joy to work with! :)

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Lisa B

Dory did such an amazing job. The wedding photos are gorgeous! I've never seen someone work so hard. She and her assistant showed up on time and worked through the wedding and reception. They worked at least nine hours. They had great ideas and her shots were so artistically... Read More done. I will be recommending her to all of my friends. Beautifully done!

2017-08-21T19:54:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! <3

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Holly L

Dory went above and beyond at my cousins wedding and even surprised me with a mini gallery of my family. I can't wait to use her for my daughters senior pictures.

2017-08-21T19:53:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Holly! I love the way your pictures turned out!! <3

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Sarah B

Dory was amazing and the pictures were incredible! From the start of the day she put us all at ease with her comfortable, fun, and professional manner. Even though the weather did not cooporate that day Dory still captured stunning shots and her use of lighting was epically... Read More beautiful. I couldn't have been happier! I cannot think of anyone else I would have at the photography helm, who has the exceptional artistic eye, and great personality other than Dory. Dory Diaz Photography is the whole package.

2017-07-11T06:15:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Sarah! Jess and I loved being able to help you and your awesome family capture your day! :)

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Dana S

We had the greatest experience with Dory. From day 1 she was accommodating, patient, and very personable through the whole process. As the bride and groom, we didn't realize how much time you spend with your photographer- and with that we'd choose Dory again and again. She made... Read More everyone feel super comfortable and has such a natural ability in making everyone feel good. Besides her amazing energy she is extremely talented. We are obsessed with our photos and couldn't imagine them coming out any better. She captured so many subtle moments that are truly the BeSt moments. We were shocked that such a grey, raining, foggy, May Day in Maine could be so perfect. Thank you Dory!!!!!!

2017-06-08T22:14:18 Response from the vendor

Dana and LeEric, thank you SO MUCH for your wonderfully kind words! You all were truly so much fun to work with, and I'm so thankful you chose me as your photographer!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Anne J

Beauty!

2017-05-11T22:41:55 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Eve N

Dory Diaz was the perfect addition to our wedding day! Not only did she take the most beautiful pictures we could have imagined, but she captured those special quick, genuine moments between my husband and I. Those moments that may only last a few seconds but where our true... Read More personalities shined through because we forgot anyone was watching. Dory makes you feel comfortable even if you've never met! She will put you at ease on your wedding day. You will not be disappointed in Dory!

2017-08-23T13:23:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Eve! I loved spending the day with you and Tynan! :)

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Tatiana S

I interviewed a few people to take pictures of our wedding and as soon as I talked to Dory I knew I had to look no further. She was quick to respond to my messages. And she has a great personality and fun to work with! On the wedding day when our efficient didn’t show up she... Read More kept everyone positive and provided much needed emotional support at that moment. It all worked out at the end and we were married. We love our pictures! And we highly recommend her as a wedding photographer.

2017-06-08T22:15:17 Response from the vendor

Tatiana and Arsenti, thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was certainly a memorable and fun day, and I'm so happy I got to be a part of it!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lauren D

I loved working with Dory! I was really nervous about being photographed, and I'm not a huge fan of all the "traditional" poses. I didn't want to look stiff and awkward in my wedding pictures!! I had no reason to worry once Dory got there. Her bubbly personality had me... Read More forgetting she was there to photograph me half the time. And I couldn't be happier with the finished pictures. She managed to catch some really great candids of us throughout the day and of our friends and family, too! And I don't look stiff or awkward in any of them, which was totally my worst fear going into this process. I feel beautiful looking at the pictures she took. I would definitely recommend her!

2016-10-04T22:02:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Lauren! You were a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016

Dory was so much fun to work with! My family and I spent most of our portrait time laughing and looking back, that made our pictures really come alive. She immediately made me feel at ease while I was getting ready, and I really loved all of the pictures she took. The hard part... Read More was choosing which ones to put in the album! I'd recommend anyone to use her services in a heartbeat!

2016-10-04T21:50:29 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/03/2016

Dory Diaz photography is everything any bride and groom looks for in a wedding photographer. She's professional, enthusiastic, easy to work with, fun, and creative. Leave it to her to get the job done. The whole family loves our pictures!

2016-10-04T21:49:53 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Erin W

You will not find a better photographer than Dory Diaz. She goes above and beyond in every way. The fun we had taking pictures was a highlight of our wedding day. Her skill is exceptional, her professionalism is superb, her communication is prompt, and her enthusiasm is... Read More contagious. We love our photos. My husband and I highly recommend Dory Diaz photography.

2016-05-16T20:32:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! ;)

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

Dory was a joy to work with: professional, easy-going with a very relaxed demeanor. She has a very candid style, and my husband and I LOVED our pictures. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

2016-05-16T15:38:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! :)

Dory Diaz

I have been a photographer since a neighbor handed me my first camera, an old Kodak Insta-something when I was eight. Now I prefer the unexpected over the traditional, the candid shot over the posed, the moment after the pose over the pose itself. I also believe in the importance of strong, positive customer service. I want my clients to feel special, happy, gorgeous, and well-cared-for throughout their photography adventure. A relaxed client makes an even more beautiful client on that most important of all days, and I will go above and beyond for my clients to ensure that.