Bold. Timeless. Distinctive Splendor.

Douglas James Studios is an award winning studio that offers high end, personalized, wedding photography and cinematography. Photography coverage starts at $2500. Packages are all inclusive and contain plenty of time for coverage, engagement session, album, digital negatives, and a host of other options. Our entire studio takes great responsibility ensuring the dynamic emotions and energy of a wedding day are uniquely captured. We believe there are few instances in our lives that will ever provide an opportunity to frame this social, yet intimate expression of love through lush visual prose. Each one of us seeks to truly inspire those we collaborate with and, to that end, believe a Douglas James experience is not contained to a single day, but your entire wedding process.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Meg H

Where do I even begin?! Doug and his team were absolutely amazing! He was completely professional, yet fun and down-to-earth. Our families and bridal party were blown away by him! By the end of the night, Doug and the team truly felt like family. I have yet to receive our... Read More proofs, as our wedding was just a few short days ago, but what I was able to see took my breath away. He was able to capture the love and fun between my husband and I in a way that I didn't even know was possible! For that, I'm incredibly grateful. I cannot recommend Douglas James Studios enough! An absolute must for brides looking for that extra special photography or cinema team!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Brittany G

Doug was super easy and fun to work with and made sure to accommodate pictures we wanted! He also made sure we stuck to the timeline of the day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Melissa R

Doug and Rachel were the photographers for our June wedding. They were so great! They are very flexible and make everything fun and natural. So happy we chose to work with them!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Ashley C

How do I even begin this review. Let me start by saying wedding photos are THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of a wedding, in my opinion. The dress does into a box, the flowers will wilt, the food will be a distant memory. The photos you have forever. Doug, from day one, has been my... Read More wedding photographer. I saw his work from my cousins wedding YEARS ago and I told my (then boyfriend, now husband) that he HAD to be our wedding photographer when the day came. My husband and I started talking seriously about getting married and before we were even engaged we met with Doug. He is so sweet and personable. We did an engagement shoot with him which I HIGHLY recommend doing. It gave us a chance to get used to his instructions and how he wanted us posed (like a trial run before the wedding!!) When the wedding day came we were like pros! We got our photos back within 2 weeks! and there is NOT ONE bad image. The highest quality! Everything came out so perfectly, he captured every detail that I worked so hard on over the past year and half. I would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Amy R

Without hesitation, my husband and I would recommend Douglas James Studios. From the first meeting we had with Doug, before any contracts were signed, we loved his personality. He was professional at all times, while making us feel comfortable. Throughout the process, he... Read More patiently answered each one of our questions. It is clear he understands how important his job is, documenting such momentous and emotional occasions. It is obvious he does not take lightly the amount of trust that his couples put into he and his team. We were so incredibly happy with our engagement photos (what a great day!). Our wedding photos literally have made us laugh and cry - all for good reason. Somehow, Douglas James Studios was able to capture the heartfelt emotions that were on display during the entire wedding day. Their photos gave my husband and I the opportunity to see moments that we missed on our big day. You will not be disappointed with the professionalism, friendliness, knowledge and, maybe most importantly, quality of their work. We very highly recommend Douglas James Studios.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Rebecca B

We just got back our wedding photos from Doug and could not be happier with them! It was so much fun to relive our wedding day - they are absolutely stunning. Doug is incredible. I met him at a wedding expo with my mom right after getting engaged and told my fiance he had to... Read More meet him. Doug went out of his way to come to our house to meet both of us and tell us about his packages. You could feel his passion, and his pictures exuded it. We knew we were in good hands and felt so thankful to have found him. I really wanted to have an engagement session but my fiance was a bit unsure at that time. Doug ended up talking us into it and my fiance couldn't be more happy that we decided to. Not only was I happy that we did since I had wanted to, but we both felt so much more comfortable after we did - we had never been professionally photographed before so this was a great opportunity to see what it was like, and get to know Doug even further. He made us feel really comfortable, kept things laid back and we had a ton of fun. When we got the pictures back, we were blown away - they were absolutely stunning - and it solidified the great decision we had made selecting him. We would highly recommend doing an engagement session, especially for any couples on the fence! Leading up to the wedding, Doug answered countless emails, continued to work with us on accommodating all of our/my requests and concerns. He never made me feel like a bother and was always quick to respond both friendly and professionally. On the day of our wedding, Doug, Rachel and their intern were a rock star team! Our wedding party and guests all commented on how they didn't even notice them around, and the ones that did, couldn't stop talking about how nice and fun they were - they felt like a part of our family. We truly could not have been happier with our experience and highly recommend Doug and his team to anyone looking for a photographer. We will definitely look to use him again for our next life event. Thank you for everything, Doug!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Becca S

There are so many wonderful things that I can say about Douglas James Studios. We had them take both our engagement and wedding photos. My husband and I were planning a wedding in only 6 months. Due to the short time frame we weren't sure if we wanted an engagement session.... Read More Douglas and I had talked and he encouraged us to have them. I am so, so incredibly happy we did! Douglas was amazing and made us feel so comfortable. We had such a great time. My husband who is not really into having his photo taken really loved the session and it made the wedding day much easier. Douglas was so great about working with us from a far as we lived in Virginia but were married in PA. He does many planning discussions and helps to ensure that you are prepared for the wedding experience. To get into the wedding day: it was PERFECT. Douglas and Rachel were so relaxed and helped everything go smoothly. Multiple people in my wedding party said to me "your photographers are awesome"! They were excellent at providing direction but also open to suggestions and very go with the flow. To anyone looking for a wedding photographer, from the bottom of my heart go with Douglas James Studios. You will be so happy!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Jennifer G

Finding the right photographer and cinema team to capture the memories of our most important day was huge for us. Douglas James and his team did not disappoint! Doug was extremely professional and quick to respond through all of our communications, when we met in person and... Read More reviewed all of the options, we instantly saw that his passion for capturing these memories was as important to him as it was for us, we knew we found our photography and cinema team. It was nice that the combination option was available through one vendor and many packages were available to fit your wants and budget. We were unable to complete our engagement session prior to our day, so we had some nerves about how everything would go on our wedding day but Doug set our minds at ease. We met with Doug at our venue about a month before the wedding day for a site walk through, Doug amazed us as he built a timeline from start to finish; this process made us feel so comfortable about the flow of the day; we knew that we were in great hands. Additionally, Doug took the time to communicate with our venue contacts to ensure our needs were met, relieving some pressure from us. From the moment the team arrived on the wedding day, everyone involved made us, our wedding party and all involved, feel relaxed and comfortable. They are all so talented at their craft and truly do blend into the background, making it easy to relax and have natural photos. They made the process fun and enjoyable, not long into the day, we felt like we had friends snapping amazing shots of us. We highly recommend Douglas James Studios to capture your most precious moments!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Meredith C

Doug did an amazing job shooting our engagement photos; we had a great time and both truly enjoyed the day! He immediately made us both feel very comfortable and the pictures turned out better than we could have ever imagined. Looking forward to having him do it all over on our... Read More wedding day! Thanks Doug!

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Kendal F

We had a fabulous experience with Doug and his whole team! They were professional, fun, and captured every special moment! Our photos and video were truly amazing!

Couldnt have asked for a better photographer!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Victoria B

Doug traveled to Mexico to cover our destination wedding; he was nothing short of AMAZING....and this was even before we got to see any of the pictures! Doug did such a wonderful job of organizing the bridal party, and making sure things ran smoothly; he didn't miss a beat and... Read More was on top of everything! I had all of my pictures back promptly, and they left me speechless! they are absolutely stunning- I cant stop looking through them!! Everyone who attended my wedding raves about Doug, and what a wonderful job he did; I couldn't imagine having ANYONE else capture the moments of our special weekend! "Doug is the man!" as my husband and groomsmen say... :)

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Cristin T

Doug is a must have for your wedding! Not only does he take stunning pictures, but helps provides structure in what can seem to be chaos in the hours before the wedding. His professionalism is barre none. He made us feel extremely comfortable from day one. From our first... Read More meeting to the day of our wedding he conveyed the importance of capturing these moments so we can relive them many times over in the years to come. Doug and his second shooter were attentive to all aspects of the entire event and made sure everyone including the other vendors felt comfortable. His photo booth was also a very big hit with everyone there! We can't wait to be able to book him to capture more moments in our days to come!

Memories that will last forever.

Reviewed on 11/12/2013

I can't say enough about how great an experience we had with Doug. He was professional, kind, helpful and any other words to describe someone who deeply cares not only about his work but for those he is working with. The day of the wedding he had this calming effect that allowed... Read More us to enjoy every moment of our wedding day. I wouldn't have rather worked with anyone else. He was there in the rain for our engagement photos and he was there when the weather was perfect on our wedding day and both shoots turned out better than I ever could have anticipated. My wife and I can't say enough good things about Doug and I would recommend using him for your special day.

Wedding Photography with Douglas James Photography

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Lauren B

My fiance and I started the search for the right photographer early in our wedding planning process. We knew how important it was to find the right person to capture some of the most important moments in our lives. From the first meeting with Doug, we knew he was right for... Read More us. He's young, fun, thoughtful, personable and has some very creative ideas. Doug's understanding and personal nature throughout the entire process made us feel so comfortable, like we were just hanging out and taking pictures with a friend of ours. The wedding package he provided us with was very reasonable and included everything we were looking for; and engagement session, prints and albums, photobooth, DVD's with print privileges, etc. Our engagement session at Valley Forge National Park and in downtown West Chester was the perfect fall day! Doug had some amazing ideas for photos and we loved the selection he took with many different locations and backgrounds. We received those photos several weeks after the shoot in a nice, convenient DVD with printing rights. Family and friends loved the photos, too. They made for some awesome gifts for our parents for the holidays! Our wedding day at The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake Resort in Reeders, PA was everything we wanted! Doug and his second shooter were there from the start. They were able to shoot the day from start to finish and our family and friends just loved them both! Doug captured everything we wanted to remember about this day and more. Our pictures are amazing and speak for themselves. Our lakeside pictures at sunset have to be our favorites, they are literally breathtaking. Our photobooth was a blast; everyone of our guests said how much they enjoyed it and the pictures they took home with them that night! We received all pictures in DVD format, including all of the photobooth pictures, several weeks after the wedding. Looking at them brought back all of the feelings and excitement from that day! We are so excited to share them with all of our family and friends and to see the final prints and album that are included in our package! If you want impeccable service, quality and value, please go with Douglas James! Happy planning! Lauren & Stephen Weltmer

Best decision of our wedding.....

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Amy M

Doug has been a blessing since the day we met him! From our engagement shoot, all the hectic planning, and to our actual wedding day, he consistently had a way of helping us relax, have fun, and enjoy every moment we had. Prior to choosing Doug, I had been in contact with... Read More MANY other potential photographers. I was consistently disappointed with either their lack of professionalism, their mediocre work, or their pricing. Once we found Doug I honestly thought he was too good to be true! Once we met him in person and realized that he really was the perfect match for us, the huge stressor of finding a photographer was lifted off of me! Every interaction with Doug was a pleasure. We absolutely loved him as a person and as an artist. We were blown away by our engagement photos and truly touched by our wedding photos; they really captured such important memories and emotions from such a special day in our lives. After seeing our wedding photos I felt so strongly about wishing I could do it all over again!!! Choosing Doug as our photographer was truly the best decision we made for our wedding. I can honestly say that this was the only vendor that never caused me any additional stress and was always there and helpful when I needed some extra support or reassurance. Doug really does go above and beyond what is required of him and we will always consider him to be not only a major part of our wedding, but also a friend! We highly recommend him... you will not regret it!!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Kaiti M

We just got our photos from our wedding weekend today and I had to write the review right away. They are absolutely incredible. Doug and Kathryn did an outstanding job. They were never in the faces of our friends and family but still captured every moment possible. We are... Read More actually doing an "after-thoughts/trash the dress" shoot with them in August and I seriously can not wait! You will feel so comfortable working with Doug. Oh and his pricing is really reasonable!!

Doug was awesome!

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Abby M

Doug really helped make our wedding day perfect! Starting with our engagement photo shoot he really makes you feel comfortable and is a lot of fun to be around. By the end of the photo shoot my husband (fiance at the time) and I didn't want it to end! On the day of our... Read More wedding he helped to make our day go by so much smoother. He had awesome ideas for pictures and he was so flexible about who he needed to photograph when and where. He also stayed at the reception until the very last minute (I think he left after us!) I have never been at another wedding where the photographer stayed through the entire reception to capture all the fun moments on the dance floor. He was so much fun he seemed like he was just one of the guests (except he took amazing pictures that you later got to keep!) We will definitely recommend Doug to all our friends and family who get married in the future.

Truly Amazing Artistic Photgrapher!

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 Kimberly B

Robby and I want to say what an incredible job Doug has done on our wedding photos. We were very pleased with his professionalism and the amount of photos he took. Everyone at the wedding took notice to his courteous manner and how he was always around to get the perfect shot.... Read More After we saw a preview of our wedding photos we knew we had chosen the right man for the job! And sure enough when we saw our wedding photos we were so impressed and pleased, Doug has a great eye and I will certainly recommend him to anyone I know in need of a photographer. Thanks again to Doug for helping document our wedding in a professional, artistic manner, we are so proud to display our photos.

Professional, experienced, organized, fun.

Reviewed on 3/08/2013 Charlotte S

Doug is incredible! When we asked Doug to travel all the way up north for an outdoor winter wedding, he jumped at the opportunity! He was so excited to try new things and jumped feet first into each photographic opportunity. He was wonderful to work with during the pre-planning,... Read More and although we were behind on paperwork he worked with us to eventually drag all the information out of us in a courteous and relaxed way. (One of) My favorite part was him hanging out with us while we were getting ready. He was totally chill and unobtrusive yet offered great advice and kept our timeline on track. Our photoshoot after the Ceremony was truly magical (and cold) but he was speedy and creative and got us out of the weather before we froze. His photo booth is a MUST HAVE! SOOO much fun! I was on the fence about it, but it turned out to be a great win for the reception. Doug was amazing! I would HIGHLY recommend him to do your wedding. He knows his stuff and multiple people commented that he was the one of the best parts of our wedding. Totally professional and totally cool to hang out with.

DJN Photography

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Karen K

Doug has a lot of fun working with a couple and their personalities to get great pictures where everyone is comfortable.

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Ali B

Doug was amazing! I love seeing my wedding through his lens, he captured so many wonderful shots! Aside from the quality of his photography, which speaks for itself (just check out his website!), he handled my whole crazy family amazingly well. My wedding wasn't planned down to... Read More the minute and yet Doug intuitively knew where to be to get just the right shot. We really couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Amazing photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Laura T

Doug was great! He made myself and my husband feel so comfortable throughout our engagement shoot and wedding. I have gotten so many comments from my wedding guests about how nice, professional, and fun Doug was throughout the event. I haven't seen our wedding pictures yet... Read More but I know they'll be amazing since our engagement pics were beautiful! I can't say enough good things about DJN photography, in fact, I have a friend and cousin who is already booking him for their weddings! Thanks again!

An Amazing Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Kelli H

My husband and I could not have made a better choice than going with DjN Photography. Doug made it a very easy decision from our first meeting... He was extremely nice, great personality, and very professional. We had a blast on our engagement shoot and loved the pictures!... Read More For our wedding, Doug and John were with us every step of the way. It was great that they were willing to travel since our wedding was about an hour away, and were complete troopers for such a long day. I had so much fun with them while getting ready, and a big thank you to Doug again for keeping me calm! I have received MANY compliments on our photographers, all of our family and friends thought they were amazing and so much fun! We are so pleased with how everything turned out and look forward to designing our album together! Doug has great eye for capturing moments you would otherwise forget, as well as a fun, refreshing approach to taking pictures. Out of all the decisions that go into planning a wedding, choosing DjN Photography was one that I would never second guess. Amazing, fun, and talented!!!! We look forward to working with you in the future for some children photo-shoots! Thank you again for capturing our wonderful day! --Kelli and Matt

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 elis r

Douglas(Doug) was the photographer to our wedding, we also did a day before session. He was great. When we were looking for a photographer, we wanted someone who was affordale, but our main thing was someone who was as passionate about out date as we were. We felt very... Read More comfortable with him since the first time we met him. As time got closer to our big day, Douglas kept us informed of everything step by step. We recommend him to anyone who is in need of ad GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER. He is very down to earth, professional, and has many great ideas. Thank you Doug

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Jillian W

My husband and I couldn't be happier with DJN Photography! The owner Doug and his skilled second shooter helped to make our wedding day so special and memorable. Doug is highly professional, creative, fun, and a pleasure to work with. He calmly and efficiently organized our... Read More large bridal party (and large family) into all the shots we requested, and did a great job keeping to our pre-arranged schedule. We didn't have to worry about a thing. We were also thrilled with his ability to take advantage of great "unplanned" photo opportunities. We received numerous comments from guests about how friendly, non-invasive, and in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time the photographers were. As for post-event, he continued to communicate with us about a timeline for our proofs and prints, which finished ahead of schedule. We are in love with the finished product and very happy to have the printing rights to all the photos, which he provided on lovely personalized discs. DJN has been fantastic since our first phone call 8 months ago and continues to impress us. Highly recommended!

Douglas James