Barn, Waterfront, Hotel

651 Lakeshore Avenue, Dover, ID (208) 263-5493

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 A W

This barn is gorgeous, there's no doubt about that and there's no wonder why you can fall in love with it when looking for a wedding venue. BUT don't be fooled, the pictures online ONLY advertise it when it's decorated and wedding perfect. This barn is nothing more than an empty... Read More shell with a useless, greedy, lazy management that has no interest or care in customer satisfaction. When asked if the venue was able to move something for us, Patty (I think is her name in the office) responfed "oh no, this is a DIY venue" and offered no guidance what so ever. Patty also ASSURED us that the dirt patch directly behind the barn would be grass by our big day (something we hoped for because that's where we wanted our ceremony to be) and by the day of it was nothing more than dirt and weeds. Half the grass in the front of the barn was dead. She never even showed up the day of to check on things at the venue. Whenever we asked questions about what we could do (which isn't much because the stipulations that go along with this place are absurd), getting a straight answer out of management was impossible. If you're the type of couple who values supporting strong businesses with fair customer service values, THIS PLACE IS NOT FOR YOU. I felt like my day was more of an inconvenience for them than anything. They only care about weddings and couples who can afford to pay for professionals to set up and run the day. Anything else is beneath this company, at least that's how they came across to me. This venue does nothing for people.

Perfect Location in North Idaho!

Reviewed on 7/27/2011 Lisa I

My husband and I fell in love with this venue as soon as we laid eyes on it. Dover Bay Resort offers a full-service marina, cafe, lodging, a reception site, a beautiful view right on Lake Pend Oreille, and an amazing staff. If you are looking for a great location and the... Read More opportunity to work with great people, then Dover Bay Resort is perfect.