Downingtown Country Club

Downingtown, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

When it comes to picturesque landscaping, couples find the Downingtown Country Club in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, hard to beat. The luscious green fairways, wooden bridges and tall trees act as backdrops for your first-look photographs. Downingtown Country Club has both indoor and outdoor spaces for hosting your event.

Indoor foyer. The indoor foyer flows into the outdoor cocktail reception area, which means couples can use the spaces separately or together. The foyer is elegantly decorated and made of dark woods that offer a fairy-tale ambience.

Outdoor cocktail reception area. The outdoor cocktail reception area, which accommodates about 165 guests, is located on a covered patio, so you can use it rain or shine. Sunsets in this spot are truly breathtaking and there's a beautiful view of the golf course from each table.

Outdoor ceremony space. The club recently added a new and exciting space for ceremonies. Say "I do" under a decorative grand pergola while a breathtaking waterfall in the background creates a relaxing atmosphere.

The Downingtown Country Club supplies a wedding specialist who helps you create a personalized plan to tackle every detail of the ceremony and reception. The specialist remains on-site the entire day of the wedding to see that everything runs smoothly.

The venue offers several wedding packages, including choices for couples who are on a budget. Typical amenities and services covered in the packages include a stationary cheese and vegetable display and passed hors d'oeuvres, such as buffalo chicken spring rolls, Asian short-rib potpie and Malibu coconut shrimp. In addition to tables and chairs, couples receive custom floral centerpieces, uplighting for the reception and the use of a disc jockey. A personal chauffeur drives you around the golf course so the photographer can capture amazing pictures.

When you are ready to plan the menu items you'd like to serve your guests, the club sets you up with the chef to participate in a taste testing. You sample entrées such as almond-crusted tilapia, chicken masala and grilled New York strip steak. Vegetarian entrées are available, as well as extras, such as a raw bar with ice carvings, pasta station and Oriental station. A customized wedding cake is prepared and a premium open bar is set up for a designated amount of time. Additionally, the bride and groom and their guests receive a champagne greeting and another glass of champagne for the all-important toast.

Additional amenities provided to couples who book their wedding festivities at the Downingtown Country Club include:

• Private bridal suite for the bride and her attendants, complete with drinks and hors d’oeuvres
  • Discounted rates at a nearby hotel for out-of-town guests
  • A shuttle to transport guests to the club
  • Two free rounds of golf for the bride and groom
  • Half-price golf for members of the bridal party

A beautiful, perfect wedding...

Our commitment to superior service ensures that your reception will surpass your greatest expectations. Our ballroom, which accommodates up to 300 guests, is complemented with a gorgeous foyer and covered patio for an indoor & outdoor cocktail reception area, an elegant bridal suite, and a brand new ceremony area overlooking our golf course. Our new ceremony area features a grand pergola and a gorgeous waterfall. Our beautiful and well maintained golf course is perfect for pictures and provides a beautiful view from our ballroom and patio. Please feel free to reach out to, Kerry Connors, for a tour at (610) 873-0800 ext. 614

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

93 Country Club Drive, Downingtown, PA (610) 873-0800

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Brianna B

I honestly wish I could give Kerry and the entire staff at DCC a 10 out of 5 rating. They were absolutely amazing and gave my husband and I the best night of our lives!! We visited several places before choosing Downingtown and always felt like a number. From the first time... Read More we walked in, we both knew DCC was where we wanted to get married and every interaction afterwards solidified that feeling. Not only were we so much more than a number at DCC, they treated us like family. Kerry made us feel like king and queen every time we walked into the building - you would never be able to tell that she had so many other weddings to think about before ours! The entire staff goes above and beyond in everything they do. As for the day of, the food was delicious, served hot and on time. Guests went out of their way to tell us the food was perfect. Kerry helped us to create a timeline before the wedding and was there throughout the whole thing to make sure we stuck to it. It was a very stress free day for my husband and I. DCC took care of everything. We can't thank them enough for a night that will never be forgotten. I have no idea what our wedding would have turned out to be if it weren't for Kerry and DCC. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Wonderful Wedding Reception at DCC!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Melissa M

I have so many nice things to say about Downingtown Country Club, I'm not sure where to start! We hosted our wedding reception with 240 guests at DCC a month ago and we are still smiling ear to ear about the awesome experience we had. From the time we booked our wedding there... Read More in Sept 2014, we met several times with the Wedding Coordinator, Kerry Connors, and she really helped make the whole process so easy, seamless and enjoyable. Kerry's attention to detail and DCC's willingness to be flexible with the setup we wanted was so amazing, it really allowed us to have as much fun with is as we could. Over the 11 months it took to plan our wedding, I think we (my Mom and I, ha!) changed our mind about little things about four dozen times - but all along Kerry continuously helped us review our options and put our minds at ease. Once the actual wedding day came around, the food and drinks served were so delicious! For cocktail hour we opted for crabcakes and mini tacos, plus all the passed hors d'oeuvres. Then for dinner we served strip steak, almond crusted tilapia, and vegetable timbale as our options - everyone loved their meals! Late night, we added cheesesteaks and soft pretzels - every single thing was delicious! Kerry and Courtney helped keep our timeline in order because I wanted everyone to have ample time on the dance floor, which is exactly what happened thanks to them. Our wedding day was exactly what we wanted and I have Kerry and the DCC team to thank for so much of that!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 June G

The very first time my wife and I visited DCC, we knew we found the right venue. Kerry’s attitude and commitment to what she does, had my wife feeling as if she had found a long lost sister. While there are quite a few accolades I could use to describe Kerry and the staff at... Read More DCC, this is a short list of the ones that jump out at me: Pleasant: We were blown away by the level of enthusiasm Kerry has for what she does. This happy energy was present at each and every interaction we had with her. To be honest, I had expected that we would at least catch her at the wrong time, at least once. Let’s face it, that job comes with a tremendous amount of detail and responsibility, enough of which, would stress anyone out. That never happened! If Kerry was being pulled in four different directions by multiple brides, we would never had known it. That is the mark of a true professional. Dedicated: Kerry and the rest of the staff were committed to making sure that this day and all the associated build up, were everything it was supposed to be. From the wait-staff, bartenders, hosts, and the GM , “Joe”, we were constantly being checked on and noted that our guests were receiving a similar degree of attention as well. We had top notch service every step of the way. Accommodating: Whether we had a question or concern, Kerry and the staff were always available to address and resolve any angst. The change of ownership and the hiring of a new executive chef, just two months before our date, caused a little anxiety. However, we had Kerry. Kerry talked us through the process and was open and up front about the transition. She and the staff even scheduled a second tasting, which turned out to be even better than our first. This was also when we met the G.M., Joe, for the first time. Like Kerry, Joe was the consummate professional, and wanted to make absolutely certain, that the food and presentation, were just how we envisioned it. This is not something that they had to do, but they did, and we walked away feeling once again, that we had picked the right venue. This brings me to another point. My wife and I have been to over a dozen weddings in the past couple of years. Out of all of those weddings, there might have been one, where we remember how good the food was, because it was really that exceptional. We can now say that ours is the second. It has been almost two months since our reception, and we are still hearing guests rave about the food. Prompt: I would challenge any one to find a Wedding Planner more timely than Kerry. Regardless of whether my wife reached out via telephone, by E-mail, or text message, she never had to wait for a reply. Again, that prompt attention made us feel like we were the only wedding she was responsible for. Sincere: Kerry mentioned to my wife during our first visit that she and my wife were going to become best friends. Personally, I thought this was just lip service and part of her sales pitch. I was wrong. Every single detail that she or Joe offered, sold, and talked about, was delivered as promised. Not only did they come through on their recommendations for vendors, but everyone did their job with a smile. In summary, you will not find a more dedicated, professional staff, who make you feel like the most important couple in the world. Our wedding reception was worth every penny and we can't wait to plan another event there.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kaity S

Downingtown Country Club was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding reception! Their coordinator Kerry Connors is absolutely amazing at her job. From our very first meeting with her down to the last hours of the reception she made sure we were taken care of. Even last minute... Read More changes to the guest list the day of didn't phase her or her team. The decorations made our reception look like a fairy tale and the food was amazing. I've received many compliments since! I would definitely recommend DCC for a stress free wedding day dream.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Erin K

Our experience at DCC was absolutely wonderful! The staff was so attentive, 0rganized, and responsive to anything we wanted and made sure everything went smoothly on our wedding day. The wedding coordinator, Kerry Connors was fantastic! She is a professional in every sense of... Read More the world and did everything in her power to make our wedding day special and to make our vision come true! We can not thank DCC enough for our beautiful wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lori C

We had our wedding at Downingtown Country Club in October, and could not have hoped for better results! Kerry Connors helped us through every step of the process from our very first meeting up until the day of the wedding. The level of organization, attention to detail, and... Read More willingness to be flexible with what I wanted was so far beyond what I ever expected. The new ceremony area at DCC is laid out so beautifully and the backdrop of scenery behind the pergola makes for breathtaking pictures. The entire staff at the country club checked in with us continuously throughout the day to make sure we had everything we needed and to make sure that everything was going exactly the way we wanted it to. John Gruff, banquet manager, also went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I am so glad we chose Downingtown Country Club as our wedding venue, and would be glad to recommend it as a top choice to any couple that is searching for a venue

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lori C

We had our wedding at Downingtown Country Club in October, and could not have hoped for better results! Kerry Connors helped us through every step of the process from our very first meeting up until the day of the wedding. The level of organization, attention to detail, and... Read More willingness to be flexible with what I wanted was so far beyond what I ever expected. The new ceremony area at DCC is laid out so beautifully and the backdrop of scenery behind the pergola makes for breathtaking pictures. The entire staff at the country club checked in with us continuously throughout the day to make sure we had everything we needed and to make sure that everything was going exactly the way we wanted it to. John Gruss, banquet manager, also went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I am so glad we chose Downingtown Country Club as our wedding venue, and would be glad to recommend it as a top choice to any couple that is searching for a venue

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Alyssa S

Absolutely perfect! Thank you Kerry :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Douglas N

The recently completed renovations at the Downingtown CC were spectacular. The outdoor ceremony area in particular was well done and made for some nice photographs. Kerry was exceptional, well organized, and helped us through the entire process. She worked tirelessly behind... Read More the scenes to make sure everything ran smoothly, and it did!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kerry B

Kerry did a great Job. Everything went perfectly.. I will suggest Downingtown to my children once they decide to get married.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Molly W

We recently got married on September 24, 2016 and had a fabulous experience working with Kerry and the rest of the staff at Downingtown Country Club. Kerry was on top of everything and I was assured the entire time that everything would go smoothly. The day of our wedding was... Read More everything I had imagined and we cannot thank Kerry and DCCC enough!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Gina G

Kerry and the staff of the Downingtown Country Club are to thank for the best day of our lives going off without a hitch. Kerry was there for me throughout the entire planning process and wedding day. The DCC went above and beyond for my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Patricia G

We DEFINITELY had our Dream Wedding! Everything was perfect! First of all, let me just say Kerry Connors and the staff were beyond amazing! I don't know what I would do without Kerry! They went above and beyond to deliver all the details of our wedding! Kerry was just so... Read More helpful. Every time we met up I left feeling so much better about the wedding and how everything was going. Their new outside ceremony area is GORGEOUS! All of the pictures look amazing! Our photographers were amazed of all the places they can take pictures from! It's been a few months since married and we still have guests telling us how much fun they had. The food was delicious, didn't hear one complaint from any of the guests! Again, huge thanks to Kerry for being amazing!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Melina L

I can't thank Kerry Connors and the entire staff at Downingtown Country Club enough for making our day absolutely perfect!! All of our guests raved about the romantic setting, the food, the staff and how much of an amazing time they had at our wedding. It really was just like... Read More a fairytale come true!! The entire staff goes out of their way to provide all the extra touches and attention you hope for on your wedding day. Kerry is a true professional, amazing at what she does and cares about making your wedding day nothing short of perfect! I HIGHLY recommend the Downingtown Country Club.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

Beautiful Venue and Outstanding Service! Kerry Connors did an outstanding job planning and managing our daughter's wedding reception. Her professionalism and the individual and collective efforts of the entire DCC event staff -- before, during and even after the reception --... Read More made this special day a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable experience.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Stephanie L

I truly have nothing but good things to say about this venue. And I would highly recommend it to any couple looking for a stress free, beautiful wedding. I booked the venue in February of 2015, shortly before it came under new ownership. I loved it then but ever since new... Read More ownership came in it has gotten even better! The ceremony space has been updated to include a pergola and a waterfall. It's gorgeous and has just that little extra touch that's perfect for the ceremony. My wedding coordinator was Kerry Connors and, honestly, she is a wedding angel! Kerry took copious notes to ensure that everything and anything I had asked for she remembered. She remembered things even I forgot! Like any bride, I got stressed out a few times leading up to the wedding but after any meeting with Kerry, I was instantly much calmer. She worked with me to really create the perfect day. The day of the wedding was a blur. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate as it should have! It was cold and rainy even though the wedding was April 29. It has always been a dream for me to have my wedding outside, and Kerry knew this. So she did everything in her power for the wedding to remain outside. The rain held off and we were able to get married outside!! I also, unfortunately, came down with a stomach virus the day of the wedding. Needless to say, I was not feeling up to par at all. Kerry was quick to assist me. She even offered to run out herself and get medicine. Every single staff member I came into contact with was nothing but kind, professional, and accommodating. Not only is Kerry professional and absolutely amazing at her job (I would say the best in the business), but she is a real sweetheart, too. My grandmother died leading up to the wedding which, as the date got closer, made things very emotional. She was quick to offer a hug and a kind word. Honestly, if you want a stress free wedding this is the place to book! I would recommend this venue over and over!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Laura J

Words cannot describe how thankful and appreciative I am to have worked with Kerry and all the team at the Downingtown country club. She is not only a true professional, but she is also so sweet and caring and really paid attention to every little detail to make sure our special... Read More day was flawless. My parents, my husband and myself are so impressed by Kerry and the staff. We have been raving about them to everyone who complimented the reception. Everyone had a wonderful time and I owe it all to them. I'm going to miss Kerry so much now that wedding planning is over. She just has such a wonderful and warm personality. So we will be sure to stop in just to say hello very soon!! Thanks again Kerry, you're the best!! 😁

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

We loved working with Kerry from Downingtown Country Club! She listened to our wedding desires and made it happen adding the twinkle lights and making sure the southern style dinner was delicious. She was professional, polite and fun. The venue just went under some beautiful... Read More renovations and the ceremony area was beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Lynn B

I could not have dreamed of a more perfect place to have my ceremony and reception. This is not because of the updated changes and beautiful site but mainly because of Kerry Connors and her staff. Kerry truly helped us every step of the way from helping us with hotel bookings... Read More to assistance with how we wanted our ceremony to go to even wardrobe fixes for me the bride the day of the wedding. She and the entire staff go out of their way to make you feel special and to make sure your day goes just like you have always dreamed of. I can not praise Kerry enough and I urge anyone considering a wedding at a country club to pick Downingtown!!! Thank you all again, words can not adequately express our appreciation and thanks!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

I looked at many venues and every wedding coordinator would rush through showing me the space and send me on my way. When I met Kerry she had this amazing energy and the first thing she asked me was how I pictured my wedding day to be. I was speechless! No one else had taken the... Read More time to ask me anything like this. I knew right then that this would be our venue where we start our marriage. Kerry didn't stop there. Every meeting she showed how excited she was for our wedding and how she could make it the best day. Kerry took the time to get know myself and my husband Mike. Every time I was unsure of a decision or wanted to change something she was extremely accommodating and made sure every detail was perfect. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we could not have been any happier. Kerry is amazing and I would recommend her to anyone getting married!!

Prefect Place for your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Amanda K

Downingtown Country Club was the prefect place for our wedding! From beginning to end, everything was prefect! One of the top reasons we went with Downingtown was for their wedding coordinator, Kerry Connors! She is by far a brides dream come true in every aspect. She is there... Read More with all the answers during the planning and stressful times had during the planning. She takes the stress right off your shoulders and makes it great! I couldn't have asked for a harder working person to help make my day as perfect as it was! Along with Kerry, is her staff during the event. They were there waiting on us (the bride and groom) hand and foot! The food is still being talked about from our guests! I can't praise Kerry and Downingtown enough for what they did for my husband and I! Check this place out, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 William E

This place is amazing and one part that makes it that way is Kerry Connors, the coordinator. She made everything so much fun and so smooth. We have her to thank for our amazing wedding day. She is very professional and gets everything done that we ask. She was awesome, thank you... Read More Kerry!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lyssa W

The downingtown CC and the day of coordinator there absolutely made our day the best it could be!! Kerry Connors is an angel and is soo fun much to plan a wedding with. She bent over backwards to make us happy and our day was nothing short of perfect! Kerry made everything go so... Read More smoothly. We honestly could not have done it without her!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lindsey W

My husband and I were married on June 27, 2015. When Brian and I first looked at Downingtown Country Club, we were looking for a venue that had a comfortable, elegant feel that could accommodate two large families and lots of friends. We liked the setup from the start, and the... Read More space was very inviting and warm. But the best part of our first visit and overall experience, was by far, Kerry Connors. She absolutely sold us on DCC and delivered on everything she promised. Kerry is very accommodating, friendly, and organized. She answered all of our (many) questions from start to finish and was always happy to help with a bright smile on her face! Kerry made sure every detail was perfect on our wedding day--the candy bar, selfie station, decorations, table set up, linens, and lighting. The place was transformed! Brian and I felt taken care of, and we are so appreciative of all the hard work Kerry put in to make our wedding day perfect. In addition, the serving staff was super friendly and courteous to all our guests during cocktail hour, dinner, and while everyone was busy dancing. We heard from a number of our guests, how impressed they were with the friendliness of the staff at DCC as well as the filet and crab cakes....delicious!! The food was plated beautifully, and everything was brought out hot and on time. When the reception was over, the staff were so thorough and careful with all of our things, and wrapped them up neatly in boxes. They even helped us put everything in our cars to take home. Lastly, Joe, the manager, could not have been more helpful throughout the entire process. Every time my husband and I visited DCC, he would greet us with a smile and treated us like we were the most important couple in the world. We truly had a great experience at Downingtown Country Club and I am so thrilled that our wedding day turned out so perfectly! Thank you DCC for such a great memory!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jessica E

I first found out about Downingtown Country Club at a Bridal Fair near by and knew immediately this was where I wanted my wedding. The moment I met Kerry Connors at the fair I knew I wanted to work with her. She was so nice and caring and extremely friendly. Throughout the whole... Read More planning process Kerry made everything extremely easy and stress free. She knew exactly what to say and do to help keep me relaxed. We had the ceremony and reception at Downingtown Country Club and have absolutely no regrets! We had such an amazing experience with everyone at Downingtown Country Club. Everything turned out perfect. I would highly recommend Downingtown Country Club to everyone! They made my wedding day a true dream come true!