"Classy, Dynamic Variety Band for all Genres"

Downtime is a professional band in which each member has more than 10 years of performing experience. We play at weddings, corporate events and private parties. Being based out of St. Louis, allows us to travel throughout the Midwest very easily.

Country, Dance, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

105 North Main Street Suite 300 , St. Charles, MO Nationwide (636) 265-0500

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kara E

If you're on the fence about booking the Downtime Band, do it right now! You will not regret it. They are amazing. Jon is fantastic at communicating and was one of the easiest vendors to work with. Everyone at our wedding loved the band, including my husband and myself. We... Read More don't even know how long we danced because one song led right into another. I felt like they went above and beyond our expectations, making everything so easy. They are absolute pros and I would recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome wedding band.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Abbey H

We LOVED having Downtime Band play at our wedding reception at the Missouri Athletic Club. We would highly recommend them for your wedding (or any event!). Jon was so great to work with prior to the wedding. He was always responsive and willing to help with any questions we had.... Read More The band was so fun during the reception. Both my husband and I had a blast at our wedding and never wanted to leave the dance floor because they played the best songs. The band sounded great playing a wide variety of music genres to keep all age ranges engaged. We were so happy we went with Downtime!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ashley E

Downtime Band was the perfect entertainment and complement to our wedding reception! They provided perfect background music with a jazz trio during cocktails, piano music during dinner and the full ensemble for dancing. Jon was very responsive and wonderful to work with... Read More throughout the planning process. We provided very little direction and they read the atmosphere and guests perfectly. Following our wedding we have even received comments from guest on how much they enjoyed Downtime. Would absolutely recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

We absolutely LOVED having Downtime Band at our wedding. Not kidding - weeks after the event, I still have wedding guests talking about how much fun they had because of the incredible band performance. Everyone, young and old, was easily able to have a great time. Definitely... Read More book this band if you are looking for all of your guests to have a blast!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Courtney K

I would say that the band was hands "DOWN" the best part of our evening, but every time they performed everyone's hand were "UP!" We would highly recommend Downtime for any occasion, especially those in which the audience is seeking to have the time of their lives. One... Read More member of the wedding party who couldn't cut a rug if you gave him a pair of scissors and some carpet; couldn't stay off the dance floor and was quoted at the end of the night saying the music just made him feel "dancy"!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for a great event/party!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Kathryn T

Choosing music was one of the hardest things about the wedding process but my husband and I definitely chose correctly! Downtime Band was absolutely incredible!! First off, Jon was always quick to respond and very patient and kind with all my questions and requests! We went with... Read More the nine piece band and I am so glad we did! The vocalists were so talented and I loved the addition of the horns. The band was able to read the crowd and the dance floor was constantly packed! Throughout the wedding everyone was dancing and commenting on how amazing the band was! I am still getting comments about how great the music was. I am so glad we hired Downtime! They helped make my wedding an absolute blast! We wanted a big dance party and that's what we got with Downtime!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Theresa S

Very professional and the music was wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Sarah H

During and after the wedding, the comment we have heard most frequently from our guests was how great Downtime Band was. They were energetic the entire night and kept the dance floor packed the whole time. I was extremely happy with their performance and they did a fantastic job... Read More reading the crowd. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to book them again!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Mauri E

We loved the Downtime Band! We had the 9 piece band with three lead singers. They were amazing! They listed to our song requests, and knew which types of music to get the dancing going. They played a good mix of fast and slow songs and the singers killed it! Our guests were... Read More raving about how amazing they were. Several people told me days after the wedding that they were still thinking about how good the band was! Jon Spindler was great to work with. I highly recommend the Downtime Band if you’re looking for a dance party all night!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Hannah P

I can't say enough good things about Downtime Band! From the start, the coordination with Jon was seamless, even when we had some specific requests for our first dance. At the reception, they made sure to keep on schedule, even when we got carried away talking to people. Our... Read More dance floor was packed nonstop until the last song. They made sure to perform our requested songs and did such a phenomenal job. We had and still have so many guests raving about the band. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017

The BEST!!! 10 stars! We knew we wanted Downtime after dancing all night with them at a friend's wedding. I would contact them as soon as possible for your event date....you will be sad if you can't book them! Promise. Jon was great to work with. Quick to respond to questions,... Read More so fun and always professional. The entire band was everything we wanted and beyond so! Our guests are still raving about how awesome they were. I can't wait until I see them again.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Judy B

We really feel that the band sets the pace for the entire evening. And Downtime REALLY made our wedding INCREDIBLE!!! From the very first moment, Jon took control and we were completely relaxed and able to enjoy the party to the fullest extent. He even provided the ceremony... Read More music. The band's energy at the reception was completely contagious and everyone stayed on the dance floor the whole night. Jon is so easy to work with and I recommend him and Downtime with complete confidence. We will definitely hire them again for our next celebration.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kyle Lauren B

Downtime Band was awesome! As soon as they started playing the dance floor was packed. Our family and guest danced all night long and they are still talking about how much fun they had dancing. They were so easy to work with through the entire process.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Katie N

I am still getting compliments about Downtime from our wedding in June of this year! Everyone from my grandparents to college aged people. We didn't give them very much direction at all - trusted the experts and are so happy that we did! They were so easy to work with!! The... Read More music was so fun and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. My husband was brought to tears at the end of the night; we didn't want the music to end! Would recommend them for any kind of event! Please reach out to me if you have any other questions on working with them. Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Alyssa H

THIS BAND IS AWESOME!!! We had them for our wedding reception in April of 2016 and they greatly exceeded my expectations! They were so flexible with us the night of our wedding! They even learned our first dance song (Die a Happy Man - Thomas Rhett) and NAILED IT!!! and Jon was... Read More SO SO easy to coordinate everything with!! My husband and I and all of our guests were having such an awesome time that we wanted to extend our reception and they happily stayed an extra hour and played for us!! They definitely went over and above!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah W

AMAZING!!! Downtime band was incredible and kept my dance floor packed. They played a variety of music that appealed to all guests and kept the crowd going all evening. Jon was very responsive, organized, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We highly recommend this... Read More vendor!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kathleen R

We absolutely loved Downtime band! We could not have been happier with Jon's attention to detail, ability to help with any request, response time, and of course, the music! Our guests were amazed at the breadth of range, the talent, and the nonstop music. Our goal for the... Read More reception was to have an unbelievably fun night, and Downtime made that happen. Definitely the best decision we made in the planning process. Would recommend them to anyone and rehire in a second.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Amy B

We absolutely loved the Downtime Band! Our guests loved them too - we received so many compliments on how great the band was. They are incredibly professional and easy to work with. Plus, they kept the energy level high throughout the reception that most of our guests stayed... Read More until the very end which was a lot of fun! I definitely recommend them for any reception or event! I'm so glad we chose the Downtime Band! Our reception wouldn't have been as much fun without them!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Ashley H

We would pick Downtime every time if we had to do it over again. They were such a great time and our guests LOVED them! They learned 2 songs for our big day and they exceeded any expectations we had. We also had one of the band members play the piano at our wedding ceremony... Read More and he did such a beautiful job. Jon was wonderful to work with and we could not have been happier with their services. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome band for their big day!! Thank you so very much!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Ellen K

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have Downtime Band perform at our wedding reception. From the initial contract through the final song, everything went very smoothly. Jon was very organized, easy to work with and very professional at all times. Throughout the evening... Read More and the weeks following, we received MANY compliments from our guests regarding Downtime Band. It's a true testament to the band that our dance floor was packed all night and up to the conclusion of the final song. My wife planned and executed a perfect surprise at the beginning of the reception by singing a song to me. Jon went above and beyond to obtain her guitar, tune it and have it ready for her. This is just one example of their commitment to us. The music was excellent, and the energy was high through the last song. Thank you to Downtime Band for your help in making our wedding reception very special! We most definitely recommend Downtime to anyone that is considering.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Downtime band was such a hit at our wedding! Everyone kept approaching my husband and I to compliment us on the band. One of my great aunts said she normally leaves around 9, but stayed until 11 because she loved the band so much! They also were very accommodating when we asked... Read More them to do a dance including only married couples the night of the wedding. The could have easily said no but were gracious enough to accommodate this last minute request. It turned out to be a great hit and we were able to see my great aunt and uncle on the dance floor dancing and celebrating 67 years of marriage. The music was fantastic and totally set the atmosphere and mood of our wedding. Jon was incredibly helpful and answered all of our questions and also helped us with suggestions of when to cut the cake, throw the garter, etc. Since this is the first (and hopefully last) time my husband and I will be married we needed some help learning the ropes and Jon was there to answer any questions we had. Their website was also great. The song list made it easy to figure out what songs we wanted for different parts of the reception and the promotional video was a great tool. It allowed us not only to discover what the band had to offer, but to show off to our friends before the wedding to give them a little taste of what our reception would be like. The only problem is that their promotional video just doesn’t do justice to how great they really are, but you just have to see them in person to find that out! Overall, they enhanced our wedding day and we were so happy that we chose them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Natasha S

I cannot say enough amazing things about Downtime! Not only is Jon absolutely awesome to work with (plus, he responds to emails with lighting speed- which was especially amazing given that we live on the East Coast and were planning our wedding remotely), but the band itself... Read More was so talented it was ridiculous! Picking our band was probably the most important wedding decision for us and we read reviews/watched videos for about 15 other local bands before making our decision. Hands down, Downtime is the absolute best. They are surprisingly reasonably priced, but more importantly, are just hugely talented musicians. The two main vocalists (one male and one female) were ABSOLUTELY amazing and people were commenting all night about how incredible they sounded. When we started our first dance (the first vocal song of the night), we both looked at each other and immediately said: "wow, they are REALLY REALLY good." I was so worried about having a cheesy "wedding band" but Downtime could not be further from that. They are an incredible, talented, energetic group of musicians who (luckily) perform at weddings. Definitely the best decision we could have made. Thank you, Jon and Downtime for making our wedding so amazing!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Katie K

Great band! They did an amazing job learning the songs we requested and had everyone dancing all night. Easy to work with and very knowledgable with the timing and process of the whole wedding evening.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Jen L

We used Downtime for our wedding for this past summer and they were FABULOUS! We wanted lots of time for dancing and a packed dance floor all night and that's what we got. They were excellent to work with, easy to get in contact with throughout our planning, and very reliable.... Read More Our guests were very complimentary, as well. We definitely recommend Downtime!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Elizabeth K

Incredible band. Our guests raved about them. We are so happy with our decision and grateful to them for making our evening flawless.

Jon Spindler

Music has been Jon’s passion since he was a kid. Growing up in a musical family, he learned to play the drums at a very young age. Jon obtained a bachelors degree in Jazz Performance from SIUE and then went on to receive his Masters from the University of South Florida in Tampa, also in Jazz Performance. Jon has toured Europe playing jazz festivals and has had the opportunity to play and study with many great musicians. While studying for his masters, Jon worked for major contractors traveling throughout the US playing corporate events and wedding receptions.