$ – Inexpensive

418 Weeping Willow Way, Magnolia, TX (936) 321-7051

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Erika G

Edit was wondetful! Both the wedding cake and groom's cake were fabulous, and tasted great. She really took the time to give us exactly what we wanted. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Meghan B

I was so excited to use Dream Cakes for my August 5, 2017 wedding because of the great reviews and awards from The Knot. The cakes that were delivered for my wedding tasted nothing like the cakes that we tasted at the taste testing. The woman who owns it, Edit Faris, told us... Read More that she bakes her cakes fresh and doesn’t freeze them, which makes them moist, which is why we wanted to use Dream Cakes as our cake vendor. We loved that she offers to bake her couples a fresh anniversary cake if they leave her a review online. The cake was beautiful, but my grandma, mom, husband and I all tasted the samples in her house and we are so disappointed with the cakes she sent to our venue for the wedding and even more upset that we spent so much money on cakes that were so dry. I didn’t see one person finish his or her piece of cake, and many people complained about how dry it was. My husband and I, when cutting the cake, didn’t even want to eat the groom’s cake because it tasted so badly. We added fillings to each tier of the wedding cake and to the groom’s cake, and it still tasted dry. At least 3 people asked me if the cake had been frozen beforehand, and 1 person told me it tasted like a cake that had been frozen for a month. My brother-in-law, who never turns down red velvet cake, took one bite and didn’t finish it. My husband, mom, and I talked to Edit the day after my wedding. She was very defensive and repeatedly said she found it hard to believe. She said that maybe the cake was cut before the time that she had instructed, asked if alcohol had been served at the wedding and said maybe people were too full to enjoy the cake. She also asked if we only served the groom’s cake instead of serving the bridal cake. We served both cakes, and I’m not sure how that’s relevant; shouldn’t they have been equally as good? We had about two tiers of cake left over in addition to the uneaten cake on people’s plates. Edit said that we could drive out to allow her to taste the cake. I offered to let her drive to us, because we were packing for our honeymoon and had to leave the next day. She was not interested in doing that. She admitted to refrigerating the cake, so maybe that is why it was so dry. When I told her I would be reviewing our experience online, she “warned” me about slander. We asked for a refund because the cake was so dry and unlike the samples. Edit offered to send us a 50% refund check in the mail, and we agreed to that. It is now September 9. We have received no check, and I doubt we will. My mom called and left her a message during the third week of August. She has not returned the call. My sister talked to her on August 24. Edit said that she sent the check a day before. We have an audio recording of the conversation. I gave her over a month to honor her word of refunding us half of our money. The only thing that I can do now is share my story with other brides and hope that they will not endure the same experience or receive the kind of customer service that we received. I’m not sure if the cakes being so dry was a fluke for this house-based bakery, but telling us she was going to send a half-refund of the cost of the cakes and then not following through made the experience twice as bad. Regardless of the cake quality, the customer service alone is enough to warrant warning other brides about this business.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Allison R

Dream Cakes, Inc. did a beautiful job creating the perfect cakes for our wedding! Despite having our wedding immediately following Hurricane Harvey, both of our cakes were delivered and looked absolutely perfect! Everyone at our event was raving about how wonderful the cakes... Read More were, and how beautiful they looked (prior to being eaten, of course). Our wedding colors were red, white, and blue, and the wedding cake that was made looked absolutely gorgeous. Our groom's cake was a Renault Twingo (a European car), which looked like an exact replica of my husband's first vehicle! Would highly recommend Dream Cakes to anyone in the greater Houston area and beyond for affordable, delicious creations for their event!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Rene L

Dream Cakes was wonderful! The cake tasting process was so much fun and Edit was incredibly helpful when we were struggling to figure out exactly what we wanted. The process of ordering and paying was super easy and convenient and the delivery went off without a hitch! The cake... Read More turned out beautiful and delicious.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Brady A

Wonderful job. Edit was great to work with from our tasting all the way through our wedding. Not to mention her cake was amazing!! It was beautiful as well. Thanks Edit!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Jenny V

Edit provided the cake for our wedding on 7/16/16. We tried several wedding cake options, and even though this was not the cheapest, it was worth every penny. The flavors were by far the best. For instance, the strawberry cake actually tastes like strawberry, not boxed cake mix.... Read More The icing was perfectly sweet. The design was exactly what we had requested. The cake on the day of the wedding did not disappoint and confirmed we had made the right choice.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Charissa W

Edit is the best! She's very easy to work with and everything went very smooth from start to finish. I never worried about how our cake would turn out. I knew it would be perfect! And that's just what happened....Our wedding cake turned out exactly the way we had planned it to... Read More be. The hummingbird cake was everyone's favorite and people are still talking about how wonderful it was 2 months later. So moist and very tasty! Thanks Edit for making everything so wonderful and stress free!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Rachel Z

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Edit and Dream Cakes Inc.! We first approached Edit after we had an unforeseen circumstance and needed our groom and wedding cake in less than a month. She was swift to respond to our message and we quickly scheduled a tasting. When... Read More we arrived at her home, we were blown away with the number and variety of cake, filling, and frosting flavors. She assured us that we did not need to finish all the samples, but by the time we left, the trays were empty. My husband went with a traditional almond flavor with a strawberry filling, decorated like baseballs (with our custom bobblehead caketoppers we ordered online)! The wedding cake was actually two flavors! We went with half carrot cake with cream cheese filling and half chocolate cake with a tiramisu filling. The cake was beautifully decorated with flowers our florist provided. It was hard narrowing it down to three, every flavor was delicious! The night of the wedding, we got numerous compliments on the cake, and by the next morning, the cake was gone! (The mother and sister of the bride apparent ate the leftovers for breakfast). We would definitely recommend Edit and Dream Cakes Inc. for anyone's wedding or special event. ~ Jonathan & Rachel Fairchild

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Evelyn L

Dream Cakes prepared the wedding and groom's cake for our wedding. Both R ather and I were overly pleased with both cakes. The wedding cake was three layers, each layer was a different type of cake which all three were delicious. The groom's cake was chocolate with a... Read More Rockets them which was also delicious. We received an overwhelming response from our guests that the cakes were excellent and gorgeous. We would highly recommend Dream Cakes to our friends and others. Rather and Evelyn Lomax

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Lauren C

Edit's cakes are absolutely delicious. Even though there was a little mix-up (that I didn't know about until well after the wedding) with Italian Meringue vs. Italian Cream Cake, everyone who tried the cake enjoyed it. Also, the grooms cake beer bucket was awesome, but nobody... Read More wanted to eat it because they thought it was real! Good thing we had the extra sheet cake in the kitchen for our 250 person wedding!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Stephanie M

When searching for a wedding cake vendor, I couldn't believe the prices. They were way out of my budget. Dream Cakes was well within my budget and her outstanding reviews helped me know I was making a great choice. The icing on the cake, ha, was that she uses all natural... Read More ingredients and makes everything from scratch. Her prices were great, too. The tasting was free, unlike some other places, and we were able to sample every cake flavor, icing, and filling to pick the best combos. Later in the process, when we were over budget, she worked with us to have better options and still meet our needs. Oh, and the cake was delicious. I still have some in the freezer and it still tastes amazing. Go with the Lemon!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Nancy W

this is for my wedding on 11/5/2016. A little late but we just came back from our honeymoon. The taste of the cake is good, price is reasonable, although i would make sure you have an accurate count because if it is more than what you agreed, the extra fees are a little bit too... Read More excessive for what she would add, in my opinion. Unfortunately on the day of the wedding she came and setup the cake and i was told she was having a hard time getting the strawberries to stay on the cake. Shortly after the cake was setup (perhaps half an hour), 2 strawberries had already fallen off the cake before the ceremony even started. The cake was beautiful before the strawberries fell off, and the ones that fell off were from the top so it left a trail on the way down ruining the appearance of the cake. I think if she would have used something else to anchor the top strawberries it would have been ok. And yes i know environment can play a factor of the cake, and it wasn't humid,but this was right after she had left. So it should have been able to hold for at least a little bit. I would recommend to others, but just beware of the design you choose and number count.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Lacey H

Edit is amazing. Very reasonably priced and the cake is delicious!! I would recommend to any bride. for sure!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Julie T

Edit is amazing, she is very professional and listened to everything we did and did not want. The look and taste of both the wedding cake, and the groom's cake was incredible. Everyone loved the cakes and we would 100% recommend. 10/10

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Courtney S

Edit was great to work with and gave us exactly what we wanted for our cake & more. It was DELICIOUS and super super moist. Everyone loved it and what little we had left we devoured at home after the wedding! I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a quality cake... Read More for their wedding!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Erica T

Everything was amazing! Edit was so easy to work with and the cake was DELICIOUS!!! Everyone at the wedding was asking about our cake. Edit delivered the cake to the venue and they looked better than I could have ever imagined.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kelly L

Edit was so sweet and easy to work with! Our cake turned out beautiful and was exactly as I imagined, plus it was delicious. Edit bakes everything from scratch and the flavor is wonderful. We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Erika K

Edit was amazing to work with! And her cakes were the best I've ever tasted. She uses the freshest ingredients, real raspberries were used in the filling, you'll be able to tell just at the tasting that no expense of corners were cut when she cooks her cakes. All our guests... Read More gushed over how good the cakes were at our wedding. She also decorated them just as we had wanted. Our grooms cake was the Star Wars character Boba Fett. We sent her an image of it and the cake was an exact replica. We couldnt be more appreciative. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Courtney G

Did a wonderful job and delivered it perfectly to our venue!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Samantha M

The cake not only tasted amazing but it turned out exactly the way I wanted! It was identical to my picture and matched my venue and decorations perfectly! Super sweet and easy to work with!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 April F

Edit makes the most amazing and beautiful cakes. I was so excited to walk into our reception and see our beautiful cakes. She did such an amazing job with the Star Wars Grooms cake. The cakes tasted amazing!! I was sad I didn't get to try all of them. We had cake left over and... Read More before we left for the honeymoon we were digging into them. So PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Staci D

I have nothing but positive thoughts after working with Edit and Dream Cakes. From beginning to end, it was such a good experience. Edit brought us in for a cake tasting and was incredibly helpful as we were trying to describe our designs and pick out flavors. She gave... Read More suggestions that added to the overall appearance and didn't take away from what I originally had envisioned for my cake. I was stunned and so so happy when the cakes were delivered to our venue. They looked gorgeous and tasted amazing. If you want a good designer that is willing to work with you and has a good variety of delicious cakes, call Edit. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016

Edit is amazing! Both the wedding cake and the groom's cake were absolutely beautiful! She was able to create the exact look that we had envisioned. More importantly, they were both delicious! Her cakes are moist and fresh and she uses the most delicious butter cream icing!... Read More Call her today, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

Edit made both of our wedding cakes! They were in fact so good that we didn't have a single slice of either cake left. (even had to use the topper of the bride's cake)!! Hands down some of the best tasting cakes and desserts we have ever tasted!! Will continue to use her for any... Read More occasion!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016

Edit made both the bride's came and the groom's cake for my wedding and it was everything I hoped for and more! Not only were the cakes absolutely stunning, but they tasted phenomenal as well. I would definitely recommend! Thanks so much Edit!