Dressigner - Bridal Alterations Studio Atelier

Philadelphia, PA

Alterations, Custom Designs, Fashion Services, Fashion

2129 Glenview Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 332-5313

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Laurey B

She is simply the best! She communicates very well what has to be done and how much it will cost. She is very patient and takes her time. She did a lot of work to my dress as it was all lace and she did an amazing job! She is so sweet! Do not go anywhere else but to her!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Sam P

Malgo is extremely talented at wedding dress alterations. My dress was a bit unique as it was a two piece and she made adjustments that had it fitting like a glove. She was easy to communicate with and always patient when my schedule changed and appointments needed to be moved.... Read More I had a great experience and my dress looked and fit beautifully on my big day. Highly recommend her services for any bride!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Stacey P

I found Malgo through The Knot and was impressed by the overwhelmingly positive reviews for her work and her pricing. I contacted her with my fingers crossed that she would have room to fit me in. She responded to my online inquiry quickly and was very friendly and professional... Read More on the phone. I also appreciated the amount of detail and information on her website to explain the process, which put me at ease since this was my first time getting alterations of any kind. Malgo had a great little studio that made me comfortable, unlike some of the more expensive shops that made me feel intimidated. My dress was second hand and had already been altered in the past. It had to be let out and several holes in the train had to be repaired. Malgo did an amazing job using pieces of lace to patch the holes in the tulle to make it look brand new. She was patient and happy to have multiple appointments to make sure everything was just right. It was wonderful to work with her and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jennifer P

My experience with Malgo could not have been more amazing. My wedding dress was a sample sale and several sizes too big for me--she made it fit like a glove!! She even sewed in a special bra so that I didn't have to worry about finding one that wouldn't show. She is so talented,... Read More sweet, and absolutely incredible at what she does. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Darla G

MARGO IS AMAZING! She was able to make my beautiful sample sale & (worst of all) TOO SMALL dress fit perfectly with unnoticeable alterations. Margo replaced the original belt with a new BLINGY belt I purchased. In addition, she added a bustle, a hem & steamed my dress. I was... Read More even able to get a new corset that fit better from her. Margo was a miracle worker. From the moment I met her and seen how knowledgable she was with her craft I knew I didn't want anyone else handling my dress. She blew me away when I realized she didn't need a measuring tape to figure out her measurements. She was very reasonably priced, professional, and a very sweet lady. She is the best option when it comes to dresses, both wedding & formal!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Alice H

As 5 stars would suggest, Malgo literally is the best ever, Wow! Her work was beautiful, timely, and unique. A lot of extra effort was put into making the wedding dress PERFECT. The pricing was competitive and she did an excellent job handling unanticipated circumstances. She's... Read More personable, friendly, and made us feel immediately welcome. She's amazing and we wish her the best.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Megan N

When I originally emailed Malgo about my wedding dress, she reached out right away with open arms and so much vivid description about her work and her qualifications that she truly made me feel invited to be her client. I went to my first appointment not knowing what to expect.... Read More I had my dress which was COVERED in beading, too large for my size and way too long for my height. I had ordered the dress online from J Crew and fell in love with it. Previously, I had been declined by other alterations designers in the Philadelphia area because of the workload that it would take to bring my dress to my size with all the beading. Malgo was not even phased by the beading. She assured me that she would hand sew them on where necessary after any cutting/sewing was done. She was comfortable with the project that I was presenting her. Also, it is important to note that her quote was 110% reasonable. I decided to move forward with Malgo and left my dress with her that night after she made some initial measurements. I believe overall we had 5 appointments. I do not pretend to know anything about this line of work but my now mother-in-law, who sews all the time, seemed to always be impressed with what Malgo was doing. I can comment on the process that Malgo held true to all of her promises. She did hand sew the beads on and she truly customized my dress to fit my body type. During my appointments, Malgo would suggest ideas that I would have never thought of. We added a small train to my dress and then she created the world’s easiest bustle that just snapped into place for a night of dancing. She even went above and beyond to find the right belt to add another level to my dress. I was sad on my final appointment. I really enjoyed my time spent in Malgo’s studio and talking with her. She is a wonderful, genuine person with so much talent. She is Philadelphia’s own Vera Wang. I am so glad that I was rejected by the other local business and that I found Malgo. I felt gorgeous on my wedding day and my dress received so many compliments. I would recommend her again and again to any bride.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Stephanie B

Malgo was phenomenal. She was so lovely and worked so hard to make my unique and challenging dress fit my body perfectly. I really did not think it was possible for my dress to fit so well on my wedding day. She is a miracle worker. She has to sew almost everything by hand... Read More because the material was so delicate. On my big day, it was perfect! Thanks Malgo! Book her. She's amazing! Well priced too.

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Vivian M

Malgo is absolutely wonderful! She is also very affordable! She was able to create my bustle, shorten my sleeves, and add a special piece that will make my dress one of a kind! I absolutely recommend her services!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Joelle R

I bought my wedding dress in Colorado and was worried about getting it altered in my hometown. I looked around and researched so many places for a wedding dress alternation studio and came across Dressigner. The reviews and ratings for Dressigner were incredible and when I... Read More first contacted Dressigner, Malgo - the owner and seamstress was very professional and timely in communications. Malgo's studio is in the basement of her house and it was a little difficult to find, but when you get inside you feel like it is all about you and getting the dress of your dreams. Malgo is such a nice, sweet person and was so encouraging. The place I ordered my dress from, ordered a much bigger size then what I needed and therefore required a lot of work. I was worried about the amount of time and work Malgo had and how much it was going to cost. But, she did such an amazing job and cost of it was below what I had budgeted for. Every time I had a fitting, I was so excited to wear my dress for a little bit more because I saw it becoming even more beautiful then I imagined! I would recommend Dressigner in a heartbeat!!!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015

Malgo is an artist. She understands fabric, design and fit and you can tell she really loves what she does. I was nervous to have my intricate dress altered, after Malgo worked her magic it fit like a glove on my wedding day. Her talent aside, she is a lovely person! I highly... Read More recommend her.

Malgo is fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Kristin N

Malgo performed alterations on wedding dress for my November 6 wedding. She is amazing! She is a detailed perfectionist who really takes pride in her work and I can't think of better personality traits to trust with a wedding dress. We did have a mishap with my dress right... Read More before I was to pick it up, but luckily Malgo designs wedding dresses and she had various options to rectify the situation and she fixed everything right then by hand. In all honesty, it looked even better after she finished then the original dress I purchased. Things happen, trust me I learned from this dress, but having someone like Malgo there, is worth a lot more than she is charging - especially in the midst of wedding chaos!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Amy L

I had my alterations completed by Malgo for my October wedding. Malgo was a pleasure to work with. She has great hours and was able to schedule appointments in the evening after I got home from work. We had to make a few alterations to my dress, including adjusting the... Read More sleeves, adding a belt, and creating a bustle. Everything turned out perfectly, and my dress was beautiful! Also, Malgo's prices are very reasonable. I would definitely suggest Malgo for your dress alterations!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I simply do not have words to describe how amazing Malgo is! My experience with her was very pleasant. She is flexible with appointments, and puts her whole heart in her alterations! Very meticulous and artistic! The best! Thank you so much Malgo, for keeping my wedding planning... Read More stress-free regarding the dress! :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melissa R

I am so happy that I found Malgo! She worked wonders on my wedding gown. I had a lace gown and was nervous of how it would turn out, but you can put all your trust in her. She designed a French bustle for my dress (it was pretty plain in the back otherwise) and she made a puffy... Read More attachment to puff it out and make it look fuller. I completely trusted her, since she is the expert and it came out beautifully. She worked pretty quickly too, and I had my dress in plenty of time for my wedding. I think the whole process took 3 months? I would totally recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Kristen S

I was worried about getting a strapless dress because I have a large chest and didn't want to worry about my dress. Malgo took the time to make sure the dress fit perfectly and it didn't move the whole night. I received a lot of compliments about how well the dress fit and... Read More didn't stress about it all night. It took more appointments than anticipated but it was because Malgo is a perfectionist which any bride can appreciate!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Malgo was a dream to work with. I was always at ease and confident in her talent. The dress fit like a glove. She put the time in needed to make sure everything fit and looked perfect. Highly recommend! Five stars all around.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Liby T

Malgo was a true lifesaver for me! I cannot thank her enough for the work she did for my dress. I fell in love with a dress and decided to buy a sample size dress that was 12. When I had originally bought the dress, I didnt think much about the amount work that would be required... Read More to alter the dress. But soon realized that the dress has to be altered from a size 12 to a size 4 and to make matters worse, I had bead work throughout my dress. I read about the wonderful reviews Malgo had and decided to schedule an appt. Malgo was very welcoming and she has a very cute clean place and right after the first consult I knew that I was in good hands. Malgo made it clear that this wouldnt be easy and will require multiple fittings. I just picked up my dress today and I'm absolutely in love with the way it fits me now and Im so excited to be wearing it in a week. Malgo also ordered the corset that I would be wearing with the dress and also made me a beautiful veil. She was always very clear on appt times and if there were any need for rescheduling, she always let me know very early on. Malgo is super efficient at what she does and I will definitely be referring my friends to Malgo. Once again Malgo, thank you so much for the wonderful work!

Malgo made my dress perfect

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Katrina S

Malgo saved me because I had to change my alterations appointment from where I purchased my dress and they were too busy! I found her through yelp.com and so glad that I went with her. She was extremely professional and sweet. She took her time and made sure it was how I wanted... Read More it. She made an awesome bustle with my tulle bottom dress using almost "tulle ribbon" to tie up my train. It looked amazing and fit perfectly on the big day! I highly recommend her for alterations!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

Working with Malgo for my wedding dress alterations was wonderful! Malgo was so nice, friendly, and easy to work with, and she altered my dress to absolute perfection. It was very important for me to have sleeves to my originally strapless wedding dress so that I wouldn't feel... Read More over exposed, and Malgo designed sleeves that looked so flawless and matched so seamlessly with the rest of the dress that you would never have been able to tell that they were added on and not originally there. Also, the seam on the bust of my dress was not sown correctly by the manufacturer (Casablanca Bridal), causing very unattractive lumps in that area. This was distressing to me, but Malgo quickly identified the problem and was able to fix it. I highly recommend Dressigner and Malgo!!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015

Malgo created a bustle and fixed the bead work on my daughter's wedding gown. She is easy to work with and responsive. Her prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed on 7/30/2015

In short, Malgo was AMAZING. I recently got my wedding dress fitted and altered by her, and it turned out beautifully. Malgo was so easy and pleasant to work with, she understood the style/look I was going for, and she had a lot of creative ideas about what to add to the dress.... Read More Her studio is immaculate, private, comforting, and welcoming. Working on my dress with Malgo was the least stressful part of my entire wedding planning experience! Her prices are really affordable, she is always punctual, and she is the sweetest, most friendly lady. I felt secure leaving my dress with her and her final hand-crafted work came out really lovely. She clearly puts a lot of passion, time, and interest into her work. I highly recommend her services!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Mary Anna C

Malgo is absolutely amazing!!! I brought her my mother's dress to redesign for my wedding and I couldn't be happier!! She was so flexible about scheduling and it looked amazing after the first fitting! I absolutely adore her and my day will be SO special thanks to her!