Dry Comal Creek Vineyards

New Braunfels, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

A venue that is both casual and classy, Dry Comal Creek Vineyards in New Braunfels, Texas, uses the natural beauty of its surroundings to offer brides and grooms a ceremony and reception venue that is one of a kind. A bit off the beaten path, yet a short drive from San Antonio, this boutique winery boasts 25 acres that feature fields of grapevines, grand oak trees and rolling hills.

Many couples choose to have their wedding ceremony outside under the open sky, surrounded by grapevines and wine barrels. An arbor is available for use and there are several spots throughout the property that the couple can choose for ceremony use.

Pavilion. Reception space includes a unique, open-air pavilion that offers lighting at night with heat lamps for cold weather. The pavilion allows guests to enjoy being outside, but it is covered in case of inclement weather. Alternatively, couples can opt to celebrate inside in the bistro area.

The scenic beauty of the grounds offers a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos. The venue is handicap accessible and has a maximum capacity of 200 guests indoors and 300 guests outdoors.

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards offers bride and groom suites and tables and chairs for those celebrating a wedding. All other services, such as linens, catering, DJs and more must come from outside vendors, but the venue provides a list of trusted vendors that it recommends, making the job easier for the bride and groom. Dry Comal Creek Vineyards also provides a wine bar at wedding events, but if the wedding couple wishes to serve anything other than wine, a bonded bartending service must be procured.

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards has an onsite coordinator who is hands-on and works with the wedding couple and the vendors to ensure everything goes smoothly on the big day. Many couples remark that this coordinator was so efficient, their own wedding planner was not needed.

As a winery, Dry Comal Creek Vineyards offers several perks that wedding couples would be unable to obtain elsewhere. These include:

• Wine tasting packages
  • Winery tour packages
  • Grape stomp events ideal for large groups
  • Award-winning Black Spanish wine
  • Highly-praised sangria

Wedding couples can choose the Black Spanish wine or the sangria as their signature drink and guests can take a winery tour, partake in wine tasting or even participate in the making of the wine with a grape stomp as part of a unique reception experience.

Ballroom, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks

1741 Herbelin Road, New Braunfels, TX (830) 885-4076

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Joscelyn B

We had our rustic wedding here and it was perfect. The space is open and has a beautiful view of the hill country. As a DIYer I liked that I could personalize the space and not have a cookie cutter wedding. Sabrina, the owner, is the absolute best there is! She was always... Read More available and has an amazing personality. From our first tour with Sabrina I felt comfortable and I knew my wedding day would go smoothly. I would highly recommend Dry Comal Creek for any event type. tourwwitSacomfortable and

Dry Creek Comal - Wedding 1-10-2015

Reviewed on 2/11/2015 DeAnn R

I can't rant and rave enough about how beautiful this place is. Not only is it a beautiful Winery & Vineyard, the owner and staff are fantastic people. Another added bonus is the wine is exceptional. This vineyard and winery is one of our favorites and we plan to go back to... Read More celebrate our 5 year anniversary here. We enjoyed having our wedding here and would do it all over again. If you are looking for a vineyard and winery in Texas look no further, Dry Comal Creek is your place.

Highly recommended venue, great service and value!

Reviewed on 2/03/2014 Emilie B

We got married in October and it turned out beautifully in large part because of the service offered Dry Comal Creek Vineyards. The on-site coordinator, Misty Drake, is so dedicated to the bride and groom's happiness. In our experience, she was on cue at every point in the... Read More planning and execution process. Quality is overall very good, especially considering the relatively reasonable price. My husband and I researched at least 30 different types of weddings—evaluating cost per person for a brunch/festival/ballroom/destination/chapel wedding—and still found Dry Comal Creek Vineyards to be the overall best value while still including our family and closest friends. The facility was adequate for our 140 guests but options are limited if inclement weather should arise (hence the 4 stars for quality). However, it was very convenient to be able to bring the food and beverages of our choice, which also added to the overall value of the venue. We would definitely recommend Dry Comal Creek Vineyards to our friends for weddings or other large events.

Macias/Podorsky Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2013

I am the mother of the groom and I assisted with the bride in making her dream wedding come true. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding. The Dry Comal Creek Vineyards is a beautiful place, we went with rustic chic decorations, burlap, navy blue and yellow. The vibrant yellow... Read More against the navy blue on a beautiful fall day was extrodinary. Missy Drake the event coordinator is amazing, She has eye for details, and is wonderful to work with. She made suggestions, referred us to numerous facilities and venders, which helped us tremendously as we are from out of town. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an extrodinary place to hold a special occasion, anniversary party, milestone birthday party, retirement party, and of course a wedding.

Perfect Vineyard Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Tiffany G

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards was the perfect place for our wedding. There is a beautiful tree grove, lots of gorgeous backdrops withe the vineyards and the hills, and a wonderful covered pavilion. Not to mention, the wine is delicious. Definitely one of the best Texas wineries I... Read More have every been to and a lot of my guests agreed. And I could not say enough about the wonderful service we received. Missy, the event coordinator at the venue, went above and beyond to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch. She was available for all questions, no matter how big or small. She was in contact with our vendors on the day of the wedding, helped with set up and clean, and is just a truly wonderful person to work with. She made sure that the my groom and I could relax and enjoy the day. I can't imagine any other places being as perfect for us I to get married and dance the night away with our friends and family. On top of all of that, Dry Comal Creek offered one of the best values out of all the venues I researched. If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor venue in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, go no further.

Rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Audra B

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards was perfect for the rehearsal dinner of my brother's wedding. The staff were so helpful and friendly, they made the night easy and stress-free. Would highly recommend having your event here based on the beautiful property and outstanding service!

Dreams Do Come True

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

You don't have to be royalty, a Kennedy, or a Rockefeller to have a fairy tale wedding. You just have to be willing to go a little bit off the beaten path into the heart of the Texas hill country. I left the task of finding the perfect location for our wedding to my... Read More bride-to-be and she did not disappoint. The Dry Comal Creek Vineyards is an absolutely stunning venue. From the vineyards, to the pavilion, to the pavilion, to the landscape, everything was perfect. The grounds were impeccable. The San Antonio/New Braunfels area experienced record rainfall the week before our wedding and it rained up until two hours before the ceremony. We were afraid that we would have to move everything to the pavilion but Missy assured us the ground would be dry. Well, thanks to the limestone shelf the vineyard sits atop, the seas parted, the waters receded, and there was barely a hint of moisture on the grass. Speaking of Missy, she is amazing. There aren’t enough words to describe her tireless efforts, her creative ambition, and her ability to visualize the dreams of an eager bride. She kept my wife calm in moments of panic and pulled off a miracle, given the weather. There are not enough thanks I can give her for providing my wife her fairy tale wedding. I highly recommend using the Dry Comal Creek Vineyards for your wedding, ceremony, or outdoor gathering. It is far enough out of the way to escape the noise of the city but close enough for a convenient drive to the nearest hotels and restaurants. All of our guests had a wonderful time and every one of them commented on the beauty of the vineyards. I cannot say enough about the vineyards, their accommodating staff, and, of course, Missy. Without her none of this would have been possible. This place will forever be in our hearts.

Wonderful and Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

First you will love this place. Sabrina and Missy "The Event Coordinators" go the extra mile! We also agree the grounds are stunning, rustic, and true to Texas Vineyard charm. You will love being under the trees for your ceremony too. We agree with the others, Missy... Read More will make any event successful. We loved the lights in the trees as our wedding went into the evening hours. We had about 50 guests, the setting was intimate and romantic for sure. The pavilion area was perfect for a small wedding such as ours, it really does have beautiful ambiance. We added our décor to the Vineyards lighting ,it all came together and made for a perfect setting. Be sure to have The Dry Comal Creek Bone Dry Sparkling Wine, we highly recommend it for your toasting,and be sure to serve it to your guests. And of course, the wine was excellent! Our family, and friends are still talking about our location and how perfect the day was. Missy will let you decorate your way and they have lot's of room to do it! The location is perfect for the loading and unloading of all your stuff. I would highly recommend Dry Comal for your Wedding. Our Wedding Day was perfect! Sincerely, Chris and Kathy

Mother of Bride

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

I recommend Dry Comal Creek Vineyards. They were very accommodating. My daughter had her Bridal Portraits done and her wedding ceremony there. It was breathless.

Beautiful grounds, Better wine, Best service!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Carla G

Justin and I met with Missy, the event coordinator a year before our wedding day, and as soon as we met her we knew we had to have our wedding at Dry Comal Creek. The grounds are stunning, rustic and true to Texas vineyard charm. September is a perfect month as there are flowers... Read More lining the vineyard and there was greenery everywhere. Missy is the key to a successful event. It's funny how things happen...the day before our wedding was partly cloudy. And the day after the same. Our wedding day was blessed with several showers and heavy rain; despite this, Missy always has a plan and she and her staff executed accordingly. Originally dinner was under the trees and lights that are strung between the branches, but because of the sudden rain the team moved all the tables and chairs under the pavilion. It worked out perfectly! With about 150 guests the setting was intimate and romantic. There lights inside and around the pavilion provided a beautiful ambiance, and the large fan provides a perfect amount of flowing air while appetizers and dinner was served. Once dinner was over, the DCCV staff quickly cleared most of the tables to provide space for the dance floor where Justin and I had our first dance. Truly magical!! The sangria was the drink of the night and we would highly recommend ordering, and of course the wine is award-winning and excellent! The vineyard staff serving was efficient and pleasant. Finally, I cannot thank Missy and her staff enough for their hard work, calm demeanor and tenacity. Missy in particular is a ray of sunshine and a pleasure to work with!! She will treat you like family the moment you walk in the door, and we feel we have a friend for life. We cannot wait to go back, sit with Missy and reminisce on everything that happened that evening.  Thank you for making our day so very special and memorable!! Carla & Justin Brownell

Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

This past weekend my husband and I hosted the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding at Dry Comal Creek Vineyard. We immediately fell in love with the outdoor setting. After meeting with Missy Drake, the event coordinator, all worries were put at ease. It was evident that... Read More Missy is passionate about her job and took a personal interest in making sure that our event was spectacular. Working with her and the staff at Dry Comal Creek Vineyards was a joy!

Dry comal creek vineyards

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

Missy drake was fabulous. I'm so glad I picked dry comal creek vineyards. It's absolutely gorgeous and very peaceful. Missy drake was very helpful to us. They decorated my ceremony so beautifully. They let us take my bridal portraits over by the winery. It was perfect. I highly... Read More recommend this place to every bride.

Charming Venue!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Teri H

Dry Comal Creek Vineyard is a charming wedding venue. We were on a budget and used the venue for the ceremony only. It was absolutely lovely! The value for all the amenities and Missy, the wedding coordinator, sealed the deal for me as Mother-of-the-Bride. I was VERY pleased... Read More with our choice. It was beautiful and Missy really does a fabulous job in taking care of all your needs.

Absolutely Perfectly Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Kristen S

First and foremost, I was a bride on a budget! We wanted a fabulous wedding, without the price tag. After a lot of phone calls and emails, we decided to go with Missy at Dry Comal Creek for a number of reasons. We were not nickeled and dimed with rental fees for this and that.... Read More Everything we saw at the vineyard could be used, free of charge, in our wedding: arbor, wine barrels, tables, chairs, chandeliers, hanging lighting, stemware, anything we saw or asked about, Missy was just that easy to work with. We never had an issue with communication or having our concerns met prior to or on the day of the wedding. The day of, everything went incredibly smooth. Missy was in total control and I had not a care in the world. The venue is not set in the most picturesque of places with canyons and canals, hilltops and a view for miles, but it is beautiful. Wildflowers are everywhere, tall Texas Live Oaks, rock walls, all set behind two large flowing fields of vineyards and a view of hills. We thought it was absolutely perfect. We could not be more pleased and we honestly do not have a single complaint. It was just perfect. Just perfect. And the best part...we can go back, sit with a bottle of wine and remember our wonderful, amazing wedding day!

Missy is the best!

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Kelly B

I had a very short time frame to plan my wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator than Missy! She was extremely helpful and answered any and every question I had. If anything went wrong on the actual day of the wedding, I had no idea because Missy had already... Read More taken care of it. The venue itself is GORGEOUS and everything I could have hoped for. Thanks Missy!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2012 Jessica G

I was in love with this venue the first time I saw it. The vines are green there are different spot you can choose to have your wedding! The staff was amazing, they took the time to cater to us! Would recommend to all! Plus they have great wine!!!

Gorgeous spot for my outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Aja E

Sabrina, Missy, and the rest of the Dry Comal Creek Winery team were wonderful to work with. They really made me feel like they wanted my business, that they were excited to host my wedding, and really took care of all the little details. The venue itself is beautiful --... Read More perfect for a bride looking to have an outdoor wedding with a reasonable budget. The covered pavilion is a great back up in case of bad weather (just make sure they test the heaters the day of the event if it's going to be cold). There's dressing rooms on site, adjacent to the restrooms so that the guys and gals can get changed there. You have several options for ceremony sites and reception sites. The sunset is beautiful! The wine is great too -- very popular in our area. My favorite though is their signature sangria -- it made for a nice cocktail hour. I really couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue!