Duncan Estate

• Outdoor - Covered

Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

840 Union St., Spartanburg, SC (864) 529-7287

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Mary C

We loved The Duncan Estate. The Duncan Estate is the PERFECT place to have your wedding and wedding reception. The house and the grounds are beautiful. Danielle is very helpful and she takes the time to answer any questions you have. Also, before your wedding you have a... Read More planning meeting with her, and at this meeting you go over every detail of your wedding. This meeting helped our wedding to run smoothly. The day of our wedding went great at the Duncan Estate. Everything was PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Shelly C

If I could give this place 10 stars I would. If you are looking for a venue to have your wedding then believe me when I say this is the place!!!! My wedding took place on September 29th and it was absolutely the best day of my life! We went to look at the venue only about 4... Read More months before our wedding day and we fell in love with it! The garden is so beautiful and it was exactly what I was looking for. I have always wanted an outside wedding and this place was so perfect. They have a beautiful covered patio with a tent with ceiling fans and lights that is perfect for your reception or to use in case in rains. Thankfully, on my wedding day the weather was perfect and not a drop of rain! The owner Danielle is so amazing. She is so sweet and professional and helps you set everything up. I didn't know anything about Spartanburg so she recommened all the vendors. I used Cribbs kitchen for my food, and trust me every single person could not stop talking about how good the food was. I used Mill Street florist for my flowers, they were so beautiful! I used Justin for my DJ AND day of coordinator. Trust me you will want to use him too! I used cakehead bakeshop for my desserts. All of these vendors were recommended by Danielle and I give them all 5 stars! The bridal suite was perfect for me and my bridal party to get dressed. We also used that for me and my husband to later eat dinner, thanks to Danielle who recommended we eat solo! I just loved everything about this place and I am so thankful that I found it! It was a very easy drive from Charlotte where I live, only about an hour and 15 minutes. The price is great also! Thank you so much Duncan Estate!!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Pam G

Danielle and the team at Duncan Estate helped us have a wonderful wedding! She was very responsive in every step of the way and answered our questions in a timely manner. The Estate is absolutely beautiful and our guest seemed to truly enjoy being there. Wonderful venue at a... Read More realistic budget.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Samantha P

Where do I even begin? This venue is FLAWLESS. It has a perfect mix of an outdoor garden with elegant southern charm. Danielle is extremely helpful when it's not even her job to be. She sets up a wedding planning meeting with you a month before to ensure you have everything in... Read More order for the big day. She also has a list of recommended vendors and will give you other suggestions if you just ask! The venue is probably the biggest part of planning your wedding and Danielle along with her venue is the absolute best in Spartanburg, hands down.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Jessica B

We got married at the Duncan Estate on Thursday May 18, 2017 and I am so happy we decided on this venue. Danielle was amazing and available every step of the way. We could not have done it without her. The house is incredible and all of our guest were complimenting how beautiful... Read More the venue was for our wedding backdrop. She had great recommendations for vendors which we were so thankful for because we had no idea where to start. Danielle, I cannot begin to thank you enough for helping us. Our wedding was perfect.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Candria S

I knew this was the venue for our wedding this past April from the moment I saw it online! After getting there and seeing it in person and meeting Danielle I knew this was "it"! The process was so easy and she was such a great help to our planning process. Her team was amazing... Read More and such a great help the day of! I will forever remember this day! Thanks to you and your team for such an amazing day!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Rachel J

We loved having our wedding at Duncan Estate! Danielle made the planning process so easy and they worked well with all of our vendors. Everything was set up how we wished and only needed our planner to add the finishing touches. It was a magical day and we loved every bit of it!... Read More We can't wait to see how beautiful our pictures are with the setting!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 zina g

From the initial tour to final touchpoints after the wedding, Danielle and her staff are attentive to detail and willing to go the extra steps that tie it all up in a beautiful bow. Danielle is professional, personable and always prompt to reply to this mother of the bride with... Read More clear answers and direction. The Estate and its grounds are elegant, roomy and welcoming. ..allowing for creativity in designing your unique mark. I would love to do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 zina g

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sara T

I cannot say enough great things about this venue. The rental includes the first floor of the large historic home, as well as the sprawling grounds. We had our ceremony in the garden, cocktail hour on the lawn, dinner under a lit tent, and dancing on the patio. The large space... Read More ensured that no one felt cramped, and everyone was free to wander and enjoy the night as desired. Danielle, the site manager, was amazing. She had great recommendations on everything from vendors to what food to order for the bridal suite. She had a solution for every concern and was there every step of the way. I also highly recommend using the sites regular DJ, Justin. He and his fiancé also coordinated my wedding and were absolutely the best we could have had, for an excellent price.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Ashley C

We got married September 24, 2016 and it was perfect! Duncan Estate is a gorgeous venue and Danielle was excellent to work with! She was pleasant and responded to my emails in a timely manner. I would recommend this venue to everyone, it's great!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Linda S

Had an absolutely wonderful experience at my granddaughter's wedding on September 3, 2016. Danielle and staff are so great to work with and everyone was so helpful. Thank you to everyone who played a part in making Hannah and Parker's day so very special! It was perfect. I... Read More recommend it to everyone I know who is planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Lauren C

I could go on for days about how amazing this venue is. Danielle and her team are absolutely amazing. I planned my wedding from Hawaii and Danielle was always super helpful with the millions of questions I asked. The bridal suite is amazing and perfect to get ready in. The... Read More garden is beautiful and the patio under the twinkle lightss make the perfect dance floor. I would do my wedding over a million times here.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Mackenzie E

Danielle was a pleasure to work with! The venue looked absolutely beautiful with everything set up and decorated. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kayla B

Duncan Estate is WONDERFUL!!!! It is such a beautiful venue and the staff make it an incredible place for your big day. Danielle is amazing; she is so easy to work with and does her best to make sure your day is just the way you want it. Her experience helps with the planning... Read More process and she makes sure everything runs smoothly. I highly recommend the Duncan Estate for your wedding experience, there is no place more beautiful and no staff more helpful!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Melissa S

My husband and I had our wedding at the Duncan Estate on June 25, 2016. We wanted the outdoor/southern wedding, and we found that and so much more here! From the garden ceremony to dancing the night away under the tent, we could not have asked for a better day to spend with our... Read More family and loved ones. Danielle was amazing and always returned emails/phone calls promptly. I never once felt like "just another bride" to her. She was always asking if I needed anything or was there anything she could do for me and offering assistance. I cannot say enough good things about the Duncan Estate. I wish we could go back and do our wedding every weekend there :) Thank you for helping make our special day flow smoothly and being an amazing venue!! Love, the new Mr. & Mrs. Sexton :)

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Jeannie C

I truly can’t imagine my wife and I having chosen a more perfect wedding venue. First, the staff: Danielle was a dream to work with! She was very responsive to any questions or concerns we had. My wedding coordinator is a perfectionist (former caterer and owner of a bed &... Read More breakfast), and she looked at me after seeing the venue and meeting Danielle and said, “She has her $#&* together!” I couldn’t have summed it up any better. There’s pretty much not a scenario that you can come up with that Danielle hasn’t already dealt with and has a solution for. Your wedding day is in good hands with her! Next, the house and gardens: they’re gorgeous! One of my guests noted that she loved how many “spaces” there are—inside and out. Between having the ceremony in the garden, cocktail hour on the back lawn, dinner and dancing under the tent, bridal party and couple introductions on the front lawn and balcony, food in the house, and our first dance on the patio, I felt like everyone got a chance to experience the full beauty of the house and the gardens. I know our guests felt like they spent a very special evening in a very special place. Third, the value: lots of amenities are included! In as much as possible, we were hoping for a one-stop shop sort of venue. We encountered lots of venues that required us to rent our own tables and chairs as well as a tent for rain back-up. All of that is included at Duncan Estate. The only things we had to provide were linens, decorations, and food. That greatly reduced the hassle and expense on our part. Weddings inherently come with lots of stress, but I'm certain ours was greatly reduced because we chose to have it at this amazing venue!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Hannah W

Duncan Estate was the perfect place to get married. Danielle was so very helpful throughout the entire planning process, and as we got closer to the big day, she made herself available to all of our questions and concerns. The grounds of the estate are absolutely beautiful.... Read More One of the reasons that we chose Duncan Estate is that the scenery is so naturally pretty that very little other decorations were needed. Even though it rained during our reception, everything still went off without a hitch. I highly recommend Duncan Estate.

Reviewed on 5/01/2016

This was the perfect venue for our wedding! It was private and gorgeous. Danielle was fabulous and helped with whatever we needed and then some. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy with everything. This venue had everything we needed and then some. We are truly... Read More grateful for the support before during and after our celebration.

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Carson O

The Duncan Estate was absolutely wonderful! I couldn't have imagined a better place for our wedding! Danielle was so easy to work with and very accommodating. Any questions I had, she was quick to answer and super helpful. The garden is well-groomed all year, and inside the... Read More house is absolutely stunning! Everything went off without a hitch and Danielle and her team made our wedding day easy and perfect!! I'd recommend them to anyone!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Rachel K

Duncan Estate is like a hidden gem in Spartanburg, SC. Danielle was wonderful from the first time we visited the house to the day of our wedding. She was always there to answer my MANY questions and she was always willing to help us in any way. The day of our wedding there was a... Read More chance of rain so Danielle made sure to have everything planned accordingly if it did rain, and I appreciate her professionalism in making those decisions with me. Also, the day of our wedding Danielle was wonderful and she helped to make sure everything went smoothly. She runs a beautiful home and business and I would recommend this venue to anyone that asks me. I would use her again and again because she made things so easy and helped our wedding to flow smoothly.

Duncan Estate

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Brittany S

I truly cannot say enough nice things about Duncan Estate and Danielle. The Estate is the prettiest not-so-hidden jewel in Spartanburg and the value you get for the price is unbeatable. The house and grounds are gorgeous and the perfect backdrop for your dream wedding. You don’t... Read More have to worry about your pictures looking great, the entire house is picture perfect. Danielle is always available for questions and responds quickly. We wanted a small intimate wedding with close family and friends and she has amazing ideas for your day and will help you make your vision come to life! On our wedding day, we had major catering issues and Danielle pitched in to help get them settled and ensure our guests got their food and we still got to enjoy our dinner upstairs alone. To top it off, she has an agreement with an amazing DJ that not only gives you a great price, he made sure the reception ran smoothly and adapted the music as we went to keep the crowd going. Because of the two of them (and the beautiful Estate) our wedding day was perfect! If you’re looking for a picturesque place to have your big day with a helpful, honest and professional owner, Duncan Estate is the one!

Best day ever!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Cassie K

Duncan Estate is simply beautiful!!!We loved having our wedding there and all of our guests raved about the venue and how beautiful it is! This place is perfect for outdoor weddings! The garden for the ceremony is beautiful and the tent for the tables, DJ, etc. is wonderful! So... Read More many great spots to do pictures too! Danielle was great! She's very helpful and gives great advice! She's flexible and lets you do your thing, but is always around the corner if you need anything. Having my wedding at Duncan Estate just made my big day even more magical! I highly recommend this venue!!

My beautiful wedding!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2014 Jennifer H

I loved this venue. It provides the outdoor garden for a beautiful ceremony, the outdoor tent and tables and chairs for the reception and the indoor space for food and getting ready. Every thing was wonderful. The owner, Danielle is great to work with and very easy going. She... Read More was very helpful in planning and provided lots of advice. The location is perfect, the parking is easy, the layout is wonderful!! We had a blast. We were provided all tables and chairs for the ceremony. Some indoor tables for food were provided but I only had to rent a few extra for gifts and the photo booth. Sound system is great. Patio is the perfect place for dancing (if the weather is good) or for the cake and toasts like we did. She also provides an hour for the rehearsal and will give you time for bridal portraits as well. The house is beautiful and looks great in photos. I have nothing negative to say at all about this location!! Top notch!!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Meagan B

I had my ceremony and reception at Duncan Estate, and it was absolutely the best night of my life! Danielle was extremely accommodating and patient, she kept me organized, helped me brainstorm and plan, and really helped make the evening go smoothly and beautifully! The whole... Read More evening, my guests were complimenting the venue, they couldn't believe how beautiful and elegant it was. For any brides considering Duncan Estate, it is ABSOLUTELY the perfect place!