Dwight's Wedding Guitar

Serving New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts

Bach To Beatles--6 Times named "Best Of Weddings"

Elegant Acoustic Guitar For Your Day**Work with an experienced guitarist/singer to plan the perfect music for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner/reception**I'll handle the details, so you and your family won't have to**Visit website for audio samples, song lists, prices and client reviews*

Serving New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts

Amazing and Accommodating Guitarist!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Erika M

We absolutely loved working with Dwight. I knew he was a perfect fit for us as soon as we chatted on the phone. Planning a destination wedding is tough because I was only able to book vendors based on phone calls. Dwight took so much of his own time getting to know us over the... Read More phone. When we mentioned we would be driving up to Maine for a quick weekend trip he agreed to meet us in person just to chat about our ceremony music. Dwight even learned a new song for us so we could have it playing when I walked down the aisle. Working with him was so easy. He was super quick to respond to emails and was and extremely accommodating! I highly recommend using him for any type of wedding or function! If we ever need music for an event again we will be sure to call Dwight first!

Hire Dwight - He is the best!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

My husband and I hired Dwight for our small, intimate wedding (40 people). Dwight played for the entire day; ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Dwight was the right fit for our big day - laid back, fun and very professional. Many of our guests complimented on how much they... Read More enjoyed listening to Dwight. I highly recommend Dwight if you are looking for a talented acoustic guitarist for a wedding - his style is versatile ( Classic music to Beatles to Zac Brown). Dwight's prices were very reasonable too - he won't blow your budget. We were so happy to include him in our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Alessandra e

Working with Dwight was absolutely wonderful. It is always difficult hiring someone you've found online that you've never met, and really...know little about. I hired Dwight based on the reviews (they are phenomenal!) and I am SO glad that I did! Dwight was an absolute joy to... Read More work with. When my husband and I met him to go over details before the wedding, it was like we had known him for years. He is such a pleasure to work with. He is trustworthy and truly cares about his clients. He took the time to work with us and give us beautiful music all within our budget... He even learned a song that we requested and sang it absolutely flawlessly. If you want not only a wonderful musician..but a friend, Dwight is your guy! We can't thank him enough for all that he did, and all he gave us by singing and playing on our wedding day.

My wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lois C

I had a very unique ceremony and Dwight was eager to be a part of it. He played Ave Maria as I walked down the aisle, and then immediately after the ceremony, played a more silly song for us to dance to. They both sounded beautiful including where he sang for the second song. He... Read More was extremely professional, on time, and couldn't have been nicer or easier to deal with. Even the wedding coordinator at the venue commented how great he was which was nice to hear. I highly recommend Dwight.

Want a great guitarist, Dwight's your man!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

We recently had the pleasure of having Dwight Phetteplace play at our ceremony and cocktail hour at the reception. He was great to work, especially since we discussed all of our plans with him over the phone and worked out everything before we actually met. He was very helpful... Read More to us in choosing our music for the ceremony and all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed his performance at the cocktail hour. We love acoustic guitar, and a variety of classic soft rock, country, folk and modern sound. Dwight can cover it all and do it well. We are very pleased with our decision to have Dwight perform at our big day!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Dwight was the perfect guitarist to have at our wedding. His smile and positive energy light up a room! His energy is just contagious. He doesn't try to be the center of the wedding, but gives just enough to make an impression. The best part is, he is so talented! You can tell... Read More he loves what he does and his music reflects that! Being a retired teacher, his ability to engage the crowd, but still love what he does are the perfect ingredients to a perfect guitarist! Thanks Dwight for everything! We will never forget the role you had on our special day!! Mr. and Mrs. Hall

Best Choice for Our Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Kyle M

My (now) husband and I planned our Maine wedding from Texas, and did not have any personal recommendations from anyone regarding vendors. After doing some online research, we elected to hire Dwight as our musician based on the glowing reviews he received. We knew that our... Read More wedding would be unique in that we interrupted the cocktail hour with our short ceremony, and then went right back to the cocktail hour when it was finished. It required choreography on Dwight's behalf to ensure that the appropriate music was playing at the right time, but he was up for the challenge and nailed it! Additionally, we wanted to have our first dance to a particular song, and Dwight was eager and willing to learn it. He was an excellent performer and musician who was a great fit for all of our guests young, old and those that fell somewhere in between. Dwight was easy to work with, extremely reasonable with his pricing, and flexible when things needed to be changed or adjusted. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is planning a wedding in New England!

Ceremony & Cocktail Hour Music

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Jayna D

I can't say enough about Dwight. Not only was his music great but he was absolutely amazing to work with. A month before our wedding our ceremony & cocktail music fell through. I was extremely stressed trying to find someone to do our music, being a teacher it was the end of... Read More the school year and I was getting my wisdom tooth out. I searched the internet and came across Dwight. I listened to his music on his website which was great but saw that he had another wedding the day after which was far so I wasn't sure if he would be able to do it. When we spoke on the phone I explained my situation and he informed me that it would be a lot of traveling for him that weekend but he would do it. Talking on the phone with him was so easy, it was like i knew him already. We planned the whole ceremony together. I told him some of my thoughts and he gave some suggestions. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Everyone one told us how wonderful the music was and as the bride I made sure I listened to the music as I walked down the aisle and while we walked back up the aisle as husband and wife. Something that started out as very stressful was well worth it because I couldn't imagine not having Dwight do the music at our wedding.

Great Guitarist and Vocalist!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Cairsten B

We hired Dwight to play instrumental guitar during our ceremony and then play guitar with vocals during our cocktail hour. From the start he was very easy to work with and had great ideas. He helped us plan our ceremony music and listened to our suggestions. Our ceremony... Read More music was nice, and though I did not hear him play during the cocktail hour because I was taking pictures, our guests said he was fantastic. They really enjoyed his song selection. I recommend Dwight!

Great guitar for our wedding ceremony

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Jessica B

Dwight played solo guitar during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We were very happy with his work and would recommend him to anyone looking for a guitarist. We spoke with him a couple times before the day to plan out what songs we wanted, and together we came up with a... Read More good selection for the processional, and he just did his thing during the cocktail hour based on his song list. We picked him because we wanted mostly classic rock / folky music, and it worked out really well. He was easy to work with, arrived on time, and looked sharp!

Acoustic guitar music

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Megan A

Dwight was just the right touch for my daughters wedding last weekend. He was excellent at communicating with us prior to the wedding. He was affordable and provided us with ceremony and cocktail music. A sweet song to exit the church was just right. He was set up for cocktail... Read More hour prior to going to church so when we got back to the Whitney Inn for the reception he was already playing his music. I would recommend him highly without any reservation at all.

Amazing Music & Wonderful to Work With

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Christina F

My husband and I hired Dwight to play the acoustic guitar at our wedding ceremony and play the guitar and sing at our cocktail hour. He was very professional and also such a nice person to get to know and work with! He had a great selection of songs and we were very impressed... Read More with his talent (both on the guitar and vocally). He is a genuinely nice person and made us feel very comfortable trusting that he knew exactly what to do on the day. I would absolutely recommend Dwight for future weddings!

Excellent Musician

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Elizabeth H

Dwight was a pleasure to work with and a true professional. He was very receptive to our ideas and went above and beyond to make the music at our wedding perfect. He took care of everything exactly as discussed and was very easy to work with. Many guests commented on how much... Read More they enjoyed the music. We would, without hesitation, recommend Dwight for any musical occasion.

Look no further...Dwight is the best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Dwight was perfect in every way! At our first meeting he immediately clued into my husbands and my style and guided us through picking the perfect songs for the ceremony and dances-songs that were unique and special to us. He was thorough and addressed many details we had not... Read More even considered! Throughout the planning process he was available and knowledgeable, answering any questions I had. On the day of the wedding, he was flexible, professional, and personable creating a very relaxed atmosphere complete with smiles and laughter, which for an uptight bride like me was exactly what I needed! Everybody loved his cocktail hour; we are still getting compliments about his musicality and diverse repertoire! My husband had a special request and surprised me by asking Dwight if he could sing our last dance song instead of playing a recorded version. Dwight gladly played the song and did an amazing job-it was so perfect and unexpected I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! His music created the perfect atmosphere for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception; he was truly a perfect fit for our special day!

Awesome musician!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kristen K

Dwight was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the beginning, he was warm and welcoming and always responded promptly to me. We used him for music during our ceremony and cocktail hour and the acoustic guitar was exactly what we were looking for and fit in perfect with the... Read More vibe that we were going for with our wedding. It was romantic and relaxed at the same time. Dwight was able to give us some great suggestions and was extremely flexible with the music that I wanted and was also able to switch it up when I wanted to change the ceremony music a few weeks before the wedding. I highly recommend Dwight for your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and/or reception. He will be an excellent addition and will likely be the easiest and most stress free vendor that you work with.

The Best!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Karen O

Dwight made our day!! Our music was perfect both during the ceremony and at the reception! Dwight was helpful, informative, kind, patient, and just had the greatest attitude and disposition. We had a less than traditional wedding which lead to some grey areas for who... Read More would say what, and when, and just overall logistical confusion. Dwight wasn't fazed. He helped us navigate all the sticky spots and helped things run smoothly. My husband and I cannot recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Lily K

We hired Dwight to be our ceremony musician and he did a wonderful job! We wanted something simple and classic and he was the perfect fit! He even learned a new song to play just for our processional and it was amazing. Dwight was very easy to work with, friendly, helpful, and... Read More affordable! Highly recommend him for weddings of all kinds!!

A great addition to our wedding

Reviewed on 9/29/2014

Dwight is an extremely talented musician, but that is just the beginning of his value to any prospective bride and groom. We had Dwight play the ceremony and the cocktail hour of our big day. He sounded equally as great with the ceremony's classical arrangements as he did with... Read More the more contemporary hits during the cocktail hour. Dwight is a consummate professional, and was a pleasure to work with throughout all the pre-wedding coordination. He was responsive to requests, proactive with coordinating details, and just a joy to work with. I could go on and on, but quite simply, there's a million details to coordinate come wedding day, and with Dwight there's one less thing to worry about.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Sarah S

Dwight was exactly what I was looking for in a ceremony and cocktail hour musician. He played beautifully and was extremely responsive to all of my requests. I had a band, but I would also recommend Dwight as an alternative to a DJ for brides going that route. Thanks, Dwight!

What Can I Say? Awesome!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Inga G

Having Dwight play our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour was an incredible success. Not only is Dwight a talented musician - he also was a great personality for our event... unobtrusive but upbeat his enthusiasm is infectious and he made the whole event fun. Best of all he... Read More was able to take requests during the cocktail hour which delighted the guests... and was able to learn new music just for our ceremony. Dwight provided microphones for our ceremony (for both him and our officiant) as well as the amplification for the cocktail hour as an added bonus. Overall Dwight was great to work with and we cannot recommend him highly enough.

Wedding Musician

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Jessica G

I recently got married in Bar Harbor Maine and Dwight was our musician. Dwight was persistent in getting back to me with all the questions I had, and he was extremely professional in all aspects. He was a delight to communicate with, and he made me feel very much at ease,... Read More especially since I was putting together a wedding from another state. Dwight's musical skills both singing and instrumental are wonderful, and I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of hiring a musician for their wedding in the surrounding areas. He was a great choice that helped make my wedding day a complete success! Thanks so much Dwight!

A pleasure to work with Dwight!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Erica L

Dwight was the ceremony musician for my Mount Washington Hotel wedding this past summer. It was a pleasure to work with him. Dwight was always accessible by email and phone, and he took the time to listen it what I wanted and also give valuable suggestions - which was really... Read More helpful to a bride like me! He even offered his sound system to our justice of the peace. Dwight's advice was helpful as I tried to go for a personalized but still classic wedding sort of vibe. Dwight did a fantastic rendition of Pachebel's cannon in D and I Can't Help Fallin' in Love With You for the processional and All You Need is Love for the recessional. Not only can he play the guitar - he can sing! Dwight arrived early to play for guests before the ceremony, and took the liberty of staying late when many of the guests decided to stick around the ceremony site after the bridal party had left. The guests were thrilled with his music choices before and after the ceremony. My only regret is that after speaking with Dwight and enjoying his wonderful music, I didn't get a chance to thank him in person on the wedding day! My highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Amanda D

Dwight was a pleasure to work with from day one. He gave us guidance and understood the feeling we were hoping to achieve for the ceremony. Dwight took a request to learn a new song for us and he performed it at our ceremony closing - it was as beautiful as I imagined. It was... Read More the perfect end to a wonderful ceremony.

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Kelly C

I found Dwight on theknot.com a while back when I started the wedding planning process. He was very quick to respond to my initial e-mail and was extremely friendly and willing to help us with our wedding ceremony. He made an extra effort to meet with my husband and I (for... Read More pizza!) to discuss the ceremony, the music and other details that WE didn't even think of. He was very kind and talkative, getting to know us as a couple and really showed that he cared about his role in our wedding. I had a special request that he collaborate with my cousin's wife for a song during the ceremony. They connected before the wedding via email/phone and met before the ceremony to practice. I had goosebumps when she started singing and he started playing the guitar. It was simply beautiful. I absolutely love the sound of the guitar and it was very fitting for our wedding. He helped our officiant get set up with a microphone beforehand and I didn't worry one bit about anything, because I knew he had it all under control. After the ceremony, he played for our cocktail hour and we received so many compliments about the music. I highly recommend Dwight for a wedding or any other function. He was a pleasure to work with and he played a big part in making our day so special. If you want to be worry free and know you're in good hands, you should work with Dwight. We highly recommend him and we are so grateful he was able to share his talent with us on our wedding day!

Look no further, Dwight is the one!

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Kim S

My husband and I got married in late April and had the privilege and honor of having Dwight as our ceremony musician. Our ceremony took place in a beautiful chapel and I wanted to walk down the aisle to a simple instrumental solo guitar version of the intro part of the song... Read More called "Edie (Ciao Baby)" by The Cult. Now...please don't judge based on the name of the group. :) The intro to that song is really beautiful (especially when it's stripped down to a solo guitar) and as Dwight pointed out, not only does it have a lot of classical elements to it, but it also fit perfectly with the look and feel of this chapel. When researching musicians, I was a little scared to tell them of my idea because I thought they might think I'm crazy based on the name of the group, but when I contacted Dwight, we both had a good chuckle about it and I thought to myself that not only does he have a great sense of humor and goes with the flow, but he was also so opened-minded and said he would be happy to "learn" the intro part of that song for us! Wow...talk about dedication!!! We hit it off instantly and got to know Dwight in the weeks that followed and absolutely loved working with him! He is so incredibly talented and gifted and he is professional, reliable and welcomes ideas and loves to collaborate. He also has a beautiful voice. So much so that he sang "One Love" by Bob Marley for our recessional (along with his guitar) and it was beautiful! I should also note that Dwight's rates are extremely reasonable and he is very prompt to respond, should you have any questions. In a nutshell, whether you would like a traditional wedding and would like classic music to play during your ceremony, or if you're like me and would like to go the more non-traditional route, Dwight knows it all and if he doesn't know it, he'll learn it! Finally, I'm happy to report that Dwight has added "Edie (Ciao Baby)" to his website. It truly has a beautiful intro and he wanted to share it with others and I love that! Dwight is simply amazing. I strongly encourage future brides to contact him because I promise you, you won't be disappointed! Booking Dwight for our wedding was the best decision we made and our guests still rave about how beautiful the music was at our ceremony. Thanks, Dwight!