Amazing service, awesome bands= BEST DAY EVER!

We care SO MUCH! Our passion, our purpose and our mission is to get to know our clients personally, find out what will make a PERFECT wedding, and then go beyond that to exceed every expectation. Our booking and planning processes are easy, fun and thorough. Our bands are dedicated to guiding the entire night from start to finish and to giving our audiences an amazing show. We provide music for cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. We MC everything, we ALWAYS get the details right. We learn songs for your dances if need be. We listen to you and make sure we know what YOU want. We will treat you like our best friend and our closest family, because that's how we see our clients. There is a HUGE difference between providers, make sure you find someone you can trust and depend on!

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment

19 Clifford St, Detroit, MI (888) 406-9011
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Kathleen K

Amazing Band, absolutely lived up to their reputation. Derek was able to work up a set list specific to us that included an incredible range of music fulfilling the wide spectrum of our interests and requests we brought up in our pre-wedding meeting. It was obvious he had... Read More listened intently, digested our information, and worked hard to create a set of music that would keep our guests dancing. He was great as an MC, but didn't overuse the mic, keeping the focus very much on the music and the guests. The whole band was incredibly professional and talented. I'm very pleased with our choice to use them, and we continue to get great feedback from our guests.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Adam E

We had First Call play our wedding this past spring at Planterra Conservatory. Erin was fantastic as an MC for the reception and the band completely exceeded our expectations. They kept it lively the whole night and knew how to read the crowd. Our guests were very impressed... Read More by the two vocalists and the sax - the solos were great - and the band was very versatile and high energy. We received many compliments from both our older and younger guests. We've both been to about 30 weddings and First Call gave one of the best performances we've seen. We would highly recommend them and can't say enough good things.

BEST BAND EVER! HANDS DOWN! NO COMPETITION

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Kristin R

LOOK NO FURTHER. This is the BEST wedding band in metro Detroit, in Michigan, in the entire United States, maybe even the world - but I haven’t done my research that far to say for sure :-) . We’ve been to weddings with bands, djs, etc. and none of them even touch how great the... Read More DRB is. Our dance floor was packed from start to end, they executed flawlessly, showed up on time, performed without any technical glitches, and killed it. Derek is the best MC you’ll ever encounter. He pours his heart and soul into everything he does as does the rest of the band. Every single guest at my wedding commented on how amazing they were. I could go on for days, but I’ll stop right there. They’re the best there is. End of story. Thank you so much DRB. You MADE our wedding. Love, Dan & Kristin

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Colin D

We spent quite a bit of time looking for the right band for our wedding, we wanted our wedding to be a celebration, we wanted people to enjoy themselves, we wanted energy, we wanted people dancing. The Dan Rafferty Band exceeded our already high expectations. I couldn't have a... Read More higher regard for the bands preparation, professionalism, and for their sheer talent at what they do.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 carol k

Our experience with The Dan Rafferty Band was outstanding! Derek went out of his way to keep the party hopping and aimed to please. The band was awesome and would use them again when the opportunity arises.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Meghan M

Absolutely loved working with E3 Detroit! They made the process of booking a band so easy! First Call was so much fun to work with leading up to the wedding and they definitely got the party started! All our guests could talk about after our wedding was how great the band was... Read More and how much fun they had dancing! Erin from First Call did a great job running the show during the reception and was easy to communicate with beforehand. I would HIGHLY recommend First Call if you want your reception to be a party with great music and dancing!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Michael B

Derek and the team went above and beyond to make our wedding incredible. Derek was the perfect MC, and spent time ahead of time making sure he was perfectly prepared. The band is incredible - as a musician and as an inveterate researcher, I can honestly say they were by far the... Read More best of the many bands we listened to

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Courtney K

The Dan Rafferty Band was super great, and they made a great impression on our guests. A couple guests who were friends of my parents got their contact info in case their kids have a wedding in the area and need a band! The Michael Jackson-Prince compilation was a favorite.... Read More They were also great to converse with leading up to the wedding with regards to our preferred songs. I highly recommend DRB for your wedding!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Abigail G

Our guests loved the DRB! We got more compliments on the DRB than any other aspect of our wedding! They were fun and kept the party going! As a bride, I appreciated they way they personalized their performance to our personalities and the "feel" we wanted for our wedding day.... Read More They took the time to get to know us in advance and it showed throughout the wedding. I highly recommend the DRB!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Jesse H

Incredible band... other than how beautiful my wife looked that night, all I hear of is how awesome the band was!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Michelle M

Thank you E3 Detroit for making our wedding the best with the Dan Rafferty Band.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle M

E3 Detroit & Dan Rafftery Band were absolutely amazing!!! E3 was extremely helpful when helping up pick the band and in setting up calls/meetings. Derek and his band were also great - the biggest reason why everyone keeps telling us our wedding was the most fun they have ever... Read More had! Derek was an amazing MC and the band kept everyone on the dance floor having fun the entire time. We even had a slow motion booth at our wedding and multiple people told me they didn't get a chance to do it because they were having so much fun on the dance floor! They were professional, catering to all our preferences (even having my dad play the drums for a song) and just amazing to work with! I already have had people reaching out asking me who they were to book them and I would highly recommend them to anyone else!! :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsay R

If you want to guarantee that your wedding is a non-stop party with a packed dance floor, then this is the band for you. From the moment we first met Derek we felt like he was invested in making sure that our wedding was exactly what we wanted. We always knew that there was a... Read More risk in having an outdoor reception, even under a tent. When the day arrived, it looked like our nightmare weather forecast was going to come to fruition. Derek never wavered. He guaranteed us that everything would be fine, and, of course, it surpassed all of our expectations. He rolled with an improvised schedule, ignored a few periodic downpours, kept the night moving smoothly, and the band turned in an absolutely incredible performance that our guests are still talking about. Not only does the DRB play modern hits that everyone wants to party to, the talent and quality of all the band members is on full display from start to finish. Derek's DJ sets during band breaks pack the heat as well. Derek and the rest of the band, we can't thank you enough for everything. Your energy and passion for what you do made our day so special. We will always be grateful.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michael K

The Dan Rafferty Band rocked our wedding! Everyone danced all night long. They played the best music, from Motown hits to Michael Jackson, to Beyonce and Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, etc... They even did a killer job on the Horah! Derek is the MC and he does a great job of getting... Read More everyone involved and on the dance floor. During and after the wedding everyone couldn't stop talking about how great our band was. We had friends coming up and telling us they wanted to re-do their wedding just so they could have The Dan Rafferty Band play at theirs :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 David L

E3 Detroit was absolutely perfect! Our guest's are still talking about how terrific our band was and how everyone enjoyed their setlist and talent. They've performed at two prior family weddings and are now booked for my brother's wedding next summer, and we are proud to add E3... Read More Detroit and the Dan Rafferty Band to our list of family traditions. They come highly recommended, and there is no chance you'll be disappointed. Very professional. Very personal. The best wedding band in Michigan!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauryn H

The Dan Rafferty Band played at our July wedding this year and they were one of the best and easiest decisions we made for our big day! They came highly recommended with great reviews and they sure deserved it. Not only did they play great music, they put on a great show!... Read More Derrick and the other singers were so interactive with us and our guests and kept the party going all night long. They were so genuine and made us feel very special. They were very easy to work with and accommodated all of our needs and requests. We felt in very good hands because of their experience and expertise. We cannot thank The Dan Rafferty Band enough for helping make our wedding the best night and best party of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Greg H

I cannot - I repeat cannot - recommend The Dan Rafferty Band highly enough for weddings or any event. We have been seeing these guys for years at events in Metro Detroit and when the time came to pick our wedding vendors - there was not another option for entertainment than the... Read More DRB. They were the first and only call we made. Our guests have been telling us for months how much fun it was and "that band was the best we have ever seen". If your goal is to have your guests smiling, laughing and dancing all night, these guys and gals are the ones for the job. Derek is a great MC and kept everyone engaged through the entrances, intros, toasts, dances, and reception. The band learned customized songs for us, created a customized Grand Intro and played our requests all night long. They promised that when they were done, you would know that the party was awesome - and they delivered. They are great people and have our full support. We can't wait to see them again at another wedding next summer and at events all around Detroit!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jennifer K

Dan Rafferty Band was the absolute best part of our wedding!! My husband and I have been married for 6 months and family and friends still talk about our wedding band! Derek was absolutely amazing in getting everyone up out of their seats and totally engaged the entire night.... Read More There was never a time when the dance floor wasn't completely full! They did an amazing job playing an array of songs that flowed very well but also included the songs we wanted to hear. Every member of the band did an amazing job! In planning for the wedding, E3 was extremely easy to work with and provided us info on all of their bands, when we could see them live, links to online videos of performances, and song lists. This made choosing the right band for us super simple. When we met with Derek regarding song choice and the schedule for the reception, he completely changed my mind about the order of the cake cutting, first dances, toasts, and his ideas worked out extremely well (way better than my original plan I'm sure). He ensured that from our first dance to the last dance of the night, the dance floor was full and everyone was having a fantastic time. I would highly recommend Dan Rafferty and E3 to any bride to be!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Patrick W

Two words. Frickin' fantastic. The 2nd highlight of the night (by a long shot) was the band -- DRB.... (I'd be remissed if I didn't say the misses and I getting married was probably the 1st highlight. These guys killed it. Kept the energy up early.... and to the very end. There... Read More were some oddball requests and never once did Derek say we can't do that -- our exit after the ceremony was a piano version of "Everything is Awesome -- from the Lego Movie -- and it was perfect. They learned it... and nailed it. And that's plus some other jams that I thought would fit the set and they sounded great. I dabble a little bit as a bass player and I always love when bands give their bands members their individual spotlights -- i.e. solos. Derek, too, gave the guitarist, bassist, drummer, saxaphonist, keyboardist, all of them, their own solos, and, of course, it was awesome. As much as the day was a blur, a very happy blur, these guys stuck with me. And it did our guests.... I would say a solid 90% of the people we asked about their time at the Wedding, and it would always end with "...and your band, was oustanding. Best I've seen at a wedding. To get the whole ensemble - 4 singers, 5 musicians - all together on a Holiday weekend (Memorial Day) and perform they way they did, was a total win for us. Highly recommend. A+

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Bill K

We had E3's Dan Rafferty band for our wedding and they did an amazing job! Everything from the planning to the execution was first class. Derek, their MC, brought a ton of energy to their performance and there wasn't an open spot on the dance floor the entire evening. The... Read More music selection and crowd interaction really made it special. E3 does a great job of creating a fun atmosphere while incorporating a "Detroit flavor" to their performances. Overall a spectacular job and cannot wait to go to another event they will be playing at!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kate R

Derek and the Dan Rafferty Band were the best money we spent on the wedding! They were amazing - they came with a jazz band for cocktail hour that my guests really enjoyed (shout out to the saxophonist)! They worked with us to make sure they were playing songs we wanted to hear... Read More and they also gauge the crowd reactions to songs and play subsequent songs accordingly. Multiple guests remarked to me that they are the best live band they've seen at a wedding! It's nice that they can also DJ songs if needed (like our first dance song) so there's no need to hire both a DJ and a band! Book The Dan Rafferty Band for your wedding - it will be the best decision you make!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Lauren G

Simply the best. DRB is the reason our reception was the greatest ever - all our guests couldn't stop talking about them! They really put you at ease during planning so you know your guests having a good time will be a non-issue. The dance floor was full the entire night!

2016-09-29T18:45:32 Response from the vendor

Lauren & Joey!! You guys were AWESOME and so much fun to party with!! We took some really great video from your reception that we're editing into a new Vlog entry right now. Stay tuned for that! And thank you again SO MUCH for letting... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Karly D

The Dan Rafferty Band = one great party! They made our wedding. It was the best decision we ever made. They are totally worth it! The positive reviews are accurate! At one point, my 8 year old niece was on stage singing Taylor Swift with them. I think it made her year. We... Read More also used them for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. They are very talented musicians with a passion for what they do. Thank you DRB! Keep doing what you're doing!

BEST Band Ever. Danced All Night

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kaitlin M

The Dan Rafferty Band was one of the BEST decisions and vendors of our entire wedding. They truly made our night and took the reception to another level. E3 was so amazing to work with throughout the entire process -- very organized and responsive. The band met with us before... Read More the wedding to get to us and our music preferences and they really listen. The night of the wedding they seriously brought the house down. So many people came up to me and said this was the best wedding ever because of the band. One friend said she felt like she was at a concert. They are so far beyond your typical wedding band. They are incredibly talented from the singers to the musicians. Not to mention all the MC help (not at all cheesy) to keep the night moving. I would recommend them to anyone! And go for the horns, too :) Can't thank E3 and the DRF enough for making our special day so much fun.

THE MOST AMAZING BAND

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

My groom and I come from a family of dancers. We LOVE music and trying to decide on a band was very important to us. I have to say people are STILL talking about this amazing band. They are seriously incredible and exceeded our expectations. Our guests did not leave the dance... Read More floor.... and either did my hubby and I, not to mention my father in law who doesnt dance! Amazing band... extremely professional and extremely talented. You would be silly not to hire this band for your wedding.