E.C.F. Entertainment DJs, Lighting & Wedding Bands

Serving All New England and Beyond! MA, Cape Cod, RI, NH, ME

The East Coast's Finest Entertainment & Lighting

E.C.F. Entertainment delivers the most party-rockin', light-poppin', photobooth-droppin' wedding experience up and down the East Coast. Our 5-Star DJs, exquisite lighting packages, and talented live musicians are sure to make you feel like a superstar on your most important of days!

Bollywood, Caribbean, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Serving All New England and Beyond! MA, Cape Cod, RI, NH, ME (833) 266-5323
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Brittany T

No joke - Josh aka Jboogz deserves 10000000000 stars. He is EVERYTHING I wanted in a DJ and he honestly was better than my expectations which is by no means an easy task. I wanted a DJ who would mix music and keep the dance floor packed and Josh delivered. I had relatives who... Read More aren't big dancers say Josh was the best part of the wedding, his music selection and mixes were perfect. Both Josh & Mike's energy and excitement made for such an awesome night. I really liked the ECF portal which helped with song selection, requests and timelines. My fiance and I had two facetime chats with him too which made me feel like I knew him on my wedding day. The photo booth was also an awesome addition to the wedding! It was a great way to engage the guests while keeping them on the dance floor! I can't say enough good things other then book him for your wedding and you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Molly G

My husband and I can’t say enough good stuff about DJ Shyne (Jeff Mader) from E.C.F. Entertainment!! The music at our wedding was so much better than we had ever hoped for. DJ Shyne is extremely eager and enthusiastic. He clearly loves what he does and works hard to do a good... Read More job. We enjoyed meeting with him over skype and in person. He also checked in frequently by email to make sure we had all our music choices and details organized in time, which was really helpful! On the night of the wedding, DJ Shyne did a wonderful job with our ceremony and cocktail hour - and completely blew us away with the reception! He announced the wedding party very well, without being obnoxious or silly like some wedding DJs can be! He did a great job of reading the crowd and mixing up the music to get everyone on the dance floor. My husband and I were incredibly impressed with the “gapless” mixes he was able to create, too! They were awesome! For days and weeks after the wedding, the part of our wedding we got complimented on most by family and friends was the music. (Literally the only thing we would have him change if we were to do it all again would be to turn the music down a little, as it got quite loud later in the evening… I didn’t notice, but my mom did. This is something DJ Shyne would’ve been happy to adjust for us if we’d asked, but no one did, so we just kept dancing!!) Thanks for an unforgettable wedding, DJ Shyne!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 John H

Despite what your family and friends say about "enjoying the process of wedding planning", it is stressful! There are many details that need to fall into place with many different vendors to create the wedding that you always dream of. With that comes a cyclone of... Read More communication(s) from the minute you get engaged to till the wedding night is over. My wife and I struggled with the stress of getting periodic non-responses from vendors during our 13 month wedding planning process when we needed answers to our questions - but not Jeff and his staff at ECF. Jeff was professional and responsive from Day 1 - we booked him after my (now) wife met him at a wedding expo. We met with him about 2 'on the after we got engaged for a detail meeting so Jeff could get an idea of what we were looking for in him for the big day. We then spent the next 9-10 months or so utilizing Jeff's super user-friendly database to set up our timeline and pick music for our day - the database is awesome and very expansive. One of the highlights is it gives you common songs for different events of the wedding (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc). Jeff was available throughout the process and never took more than a couple hours (unless it was a wedding night!) to respond to 1 of our questions (and we had a lot of them). We met with Jeff again about 1 month before the day to finalize our timeline and all of our music selections - Jeff made sure he understood and could pronounce every single wedding party member's name and he had great suggestions for the music to our actual ceremony. When the day came, Jeff and his staff absolutely crushed it. He was professional and kept our schedule going throughout the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the initial points of dinner such as parent/bride/groom dances and speeches, and then when it got time for everyone to get on the floor - BOOM. Jeff's playlist was on point and NOBODY left the dance floor - the whole thing felt like a whirlwind. We had the night of our lives thanks to Jeff and his staff. - The Healy's

2016-12-13T10:47:38 Response from the vendor

@TheHealys....The time you both took with this review leaves us in awe. Thank you so much for your kind words and hard work. That you are able to look back on your special day with such fond memories...makes it special for us!

Reviewed on 3/27/2018 Jeff C

Talk about AWESOME - Jeff Mader AKA DJ Shyne was excellent. We worked with him rather closely through the whole process leading up to our wedding, and his input and feedback was crucial to how everything went, which was perfectly. We booked for our wedding and spent a lot of... Read More time searching for the right person. We had an interesting conversation about music with Jeff and his passion for this and for music and it was clear there was literally nobody else we could choose. Our guests were coming to us after the wedding and telling us how excellent our DJ was. Never seen that before! Jeff played the songs we specifically asked for and was able to mix things for us to time everything perfectly. We gave him some songs to play, a bunch NOT to play and then creative freedom for the rest. It was awesome! The dance floor never once was empty. Not. Once. Bullet Points: 1) Excellent DJ and musician. 2) The online portal allows you to pick and choose your music. Very easy to use. Awesome. 3) The pricing is more than fair. 4) Knows how to get the crowd moving, great speaking voice. 5) He helped plan and coordinate things with other vendors. 6) Seamless song transitions, excellent uplighting placement. 7) If you're reading this, you need a DJ. If you want just good, go elsewhere. If you want GREAT, book with ECF Entertainment.

2018-03-28T08:46:36 Response from the vendor

Jeff/Amanda....You are amazing! Thank you for such an awesome recap of the night and how you assessed everything post-party. You always have a friend here, and we look forward to being able to party with you both in the future!!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Lindsay C

We cannot properly convey the energy and excitement DJ Shyne and the Boston Common Band brought to our wedding without using at least 100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the moment DJ Shyne and the Boston Common Band signed on for our wedding, we felt like we received A+... Read More communication. Months before the wedding, DJ Shyne spent over an hour on a Skype video call with us so we could "meet" face to face and discuss the wedding. DJ Shyne had a list of questions he asked us and then listened to the vision we had to make our wedding day perfect. He wanted to know everyones' names, how they were spelled and pronounced, who was related to whom, how we wanted them introduced, our first dance song, and on and on. After that phone call, we felt totally relaxed that the dance party would be epic at our wedding and IT WAS. At the reception, DJ Shyne introduced our wedding party, parents, and us. He did it with an extremely contagious energy that spilled over into the dance party later on! Every guest was up and dancing and enjoying the DJ and band!! At one point, a singer from the band came right into the crowd of dancing guests and broke into a 5 minute Michael Jackson dance that was SPOT ON. Everyone thought that was so much fun! The band let us come up on stage with them and lead a song's chorus and we had the chance to interact with our guests from a different perspective. We took several dance lessons before the wedding for our first dance and it was something we were both super nervous about executing. Before cocktail hour started, DJ Shyne did two run throughs with us playing the song and deciding where we would come onto the dance floor and how it would look. He made us feel so comfortable that by the time we came out to do our first dance, we were excited and couldn't wait to show off our moves. :) We had SO many guests tell us at brunch the next morning how much fun the band was, how energetic the DJ was, how interactive the band was, and how much fun they had!! We cannot say enough about how dedicated they are to what they do. We would recommend them to anyone and WILL find a way to work with them again someday!! Thank you guys so much - you are truly special and one of a kind in the wedding world!! Most sincerely, Lindsay & Derek Coutu

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Nikki B

There's not enough space to write how awesome ECF Entertainment & DJ Tony are! They went above and beyond on all aspects to make my wedding day perfect! So easy to communicate with and Tony kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! I can't thank you guys enough!!! I'll be... Read More recommending to everyone I know! Xoxo the Mondellos

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Molly J

We were lucky enough to work with DJ Shyne (Jeff Mader) for our wedding on Cape Cod in October and could not have been more impressed with our entire experience from start to finish. Jeff is professional in absolutely everything he does and goes well beyond the standard DJ... Read More duties. We felt super comfortable every step of the way through the planning process and especially on the day of. Jeff totally understood what we were looking for, he was extremely responsive, and was so helpful with suggestions! He would check in the months leading up to the wedding and let us know if we should be focusing on anything specific at that time. It was such a pleasure working with Jeff knowing that we could rely on him to keep us on our schedule. He clearly paid attention to our music tastes, every song was perfect! Our guests were raving about the music and lighting. Jeff made our reception flow effortlessly and checked in with my husband and I throughout the evening which was so appreciated! We could not have been any happier with Jeff's work and will continue to recommend Jeff to anyone looking for an amazing DJ. Jeff made our reception as perfect as we could have ever imagined and for that we cannot thank him enough!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 lauren g

We booked E.C.F. Entertainment and DJ J Boogz (Josh) for our December 2nd wedding at the Bedford Village Inn and they were better then I could have ever imagined! Starting with the planning process, from our first conversation with Josh we could tell he was a true professional... Read More who was extremely passionate about his career. From there, Josh was great at making sure we got everything done in a timely matter without rushing or pressuring us. He also managed to secure a fantastic pianist for our ceremony, and of course answered any and all questions we had. During the ceremony and reception- Josh and his apprentice did not miss a beat! From working with the venue to make sure we stayed on schedule to the introductions he did an amazing job. The reception was a BLAST. Josh had EVERYONE on the dance floor all.night.long. I saw family members I've never seen dance on the dance floor, and after the wedding heard plenty of "I don't normally dance... but....I couldn't help it!". It was truly a dream come true! When it comes down to it, the DJ is like the quarterback at the wedding reception, and there is no one I would trust more for an amazing party then E.C.F Entertainment and DJ J Boogz!!! Thank you again guys!!!!! (can we do it all over again?!)

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Amanda D

I may be a little biased here but we had by far the best DJ of any wedding I have ever been to. From beginning to end Jeff was a ROCKSTAR! To start, after speaking with Jeff, we were sold. His knowledge on music and equipment and how to best use the space far exceeded my... Read More expectations. We booked Jeff really early in our wedding planning process and he would check in every few months to see how we were doing and asked how he could help. When it was time to sit down and talk about music, he walked us through step by step and made us think about things we wouldn't have thought of ourselves. He suggested amazing versions of songs and how to get the most people on the dance floor. On the night of the wedding, because of Jeff, people we're on the Dance floor even before dinner was over and most people didn't leave the dance floor all night. Jeff was AMAZING to say the least. We are still getting compliments about Jeff and constantly being asked for his contact information. If you are getting married, you NEED Jeff Mader at E.C.F. Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Surey R

My husband and I have nothing but praise for the team at ECF. When you've got two different cultures coming together for a wedding, planning for the entertainment can feel a little overwhelming. Josh and Tony handled it with ease masterfully combining all the Latin flavor my... Read More side needed to get on the dance floor with the more traditional American pop and classics for my husband and his side. They were also wonderful MCs, keeping everything running smoothly and helping direct the flow of events. I loved how thorough their client intake online portal was, allowing us to build a perfectly customized timeline of events that assured we would have nothing to stress over on the big day. We were able to fully share in the moment and enjoy every second of our wedding day, thanks in large part to Josh and Tony's outstanding attention to detail and professionalism. I would recommend ECF with zero reservations! They are more than worth every penny and exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Chris L

My wife and I could not have asked for a more seamless and outstanding DJ experience than we got from DJ J-Boogz and E.C.F. Entertainment. From our first Google Hangout session with Josh, during which he was able to answer all of our key questions (while having the foresight to... Read More cover additional items which we had not even had the good sense to think of yet), we knew that we had barked up the right tree. Josh was acutely professional every step of the way; walking us through the online module (which allowed us to pre-select our must-plays and do-not-plays while filtering requests from our guests), helping us to visualize the flow of our day-of schedule, and customizing a cocktail hour, dinner, and dance-floor playlist that rocked everyone's socks off. DJ J-Boogz flashed his professionalism and MC-prowess all night long, taking the vocal reigns only to guide the evening when necessary, and otherwise allowing the music to bump the speakers. We are so grateful for the experience, and for the degree to which Josh cleared our plates of any concerns pertaining to the audio realm. He comes with our absolute highest recommendation, and is sure to make your day memorable!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Candice J

ECF entertainment was amazing!! DJ Manolo was so amazing and accommodating!! He was a joy to be around and he kept the party going!!! A+++

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jaclyn R

We booked DJ Tony for our wedding along with ECF entertainment/Soul Estate and needless to say, 5 stars just simply is not enough! We were so happy with our music selection and absolutely loved the combination of having a DJ and a Band. They totally killed it!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kyle L

DJ Shyne absolutely crushed it at our wedding. The music selection for the cocktail hour and his introductions were the perfect setup for one of the liveliest dance parties we've ever been a part of. We've had a ton of our guests asking for our wedding playlist which was... Read More entirely his design. After meeting with Jeff we knew we were on the same page. We gave him some basic information on our style and some genres we wanted to include for our family and he ran with it perfectly. The dance floor was packed from start to finish and he incorporated everything we had hoped for. While the music selection and sound quality is obviously what people think of when evaluating their entertainment, the thing that really set E.C.F. apart from all of our vendors was Jeff's communication from our first contact all the way through our wedding day. He was extremely thorough and transparent and he offloaded all of the stress of planning. He was extremely proactive with us which helped us keep to our planning schedule. Our wedding planner literally told us, "I have never worked with a more organized and detail oriented DJ." If you're looking for a DJ who can throw a ridiculous party and take all the stress of planning your entertainment off your plate, DJ Shyne and E.C.F Entertainment will absolutely deliver. Thank you again to the whole team for ensuring our wedding was a night that our guests and us will always remember.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Eileen M

DJ Manolo and E.C.F. Entertainment were amazing from the moment we met at a Bridal Expo in Boston. I wasn't expecting to walk away with much written in stone as I attended the expo about a year and 3 months before our wedding. I met DJ Manolo at the expo he was friendly,... Read More informative, and not pushy. I did my research over the next few weeks and came back to E.C.F. entertainment as they seemed to have the 'full' package' we were looking for our wedding. During the months leading up the our wedding, DJ Manolo kept us up to date with Timeline and schedule. And the day of our wedding was perfect. The energy from DJ Manolo and his team were the perfect fit for our lively Cuban Irish Wedding. From the weddding party introductions to the music selection to the garter toss ... it was amazing. the reception ran smoothly without missing a beat and we have DJ Manolo and E.C.F. Entertainment to thank. All of our guests ranted and raved about how much fun they had and the driving factor in that in every wedding is (yes the couple) but really the DJ because they keep the party moving and flowing just as requested. So thank you again DJ Manolo!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Stephanie M

DJ Manolo was amazing. From the original meeting we knew he was the DJ for us. He took time to get to know us, and really understood what we were looking for on our wedding day. From that meeting until our wedding day DJ Manolo would check in to make sure we were on track and... Read More ask if we needed any help. He also scheduled a final meeting a few weeks prior to the wedding. When we had the final meeting - everything he had prepared and was checking over with us was on point. It was a relief as a bride to know that everything was all set and ready to go. I was impressed with all the pre-wedding interactions - but his work at our wedding is what really blew us away. DJ Manolo captured us a couple from the beginning of the reception until the end . He really helped with the whole flow of the night. When it came time to dance he read us and our guests and he kept party going up until the last song of the night! We had the best time and much of that is to the credit of DJ Manolo. I HIGHLY recommend him and ECF entertainment.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jennifer D

DJ Manolo did an absolutely phenomenal job DJing my September wedding! (September 9th 2017) There wasn't a moment that our guests weren't dancing and loving the music selection! My guests are still talking about how amazing the DJ was. He made the planning process fun and easy.... Read More I would highly recommend DJ Manolo for any event!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Hollis M

DJ Manolo of ECF Entertainment performed at our wedding in August and he was amazing! We used the online tools provided for the wedding timeline and song selection which were easy and convenient to use. We got a little caught up with other planning aspects as we got closer to... Read More the big day so we didn't have time to really fill out all the playlists, but we did put in a small list of songs we wanted and some basic ideas on our do not play list (no line dances). DJ Manolo took the suggestions we made and came up with some perfect selections that fit exactly what we were looking for. There were several times during dinner where we found ourselves thoroughly enjoying a song and we turned around and give a big thumbs-up to DJ Manolo who would nod with a big smile on his face. It was very clear to us that he loves what he does and loves seeing people have an enjoyable time with his help. We had so many comments from guests about how the DJ was fantastic and we couldn't agree more. If we had to do it all over again we would choose DJ Manolo and ECF every time.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Jamie G

We hired DJ Manolo for our September wedding and he was nothing short of AMAZING. From the moment we hired him I knew we had made the right choice. He was extremely organized throughout the entire process, easily accessible for questions and phone conversations, and very... Read More flexible with his time, he's also just an awesome guy with great vibes and personality. He completely eased my mind when we spoke in the days before the wedding to go over all of the music details, a true professional. The music for the cocktail hour, wedding procession, and dinner were perfect and exactly what we had discussed. However, once the dance party started we really got to see him shine. I have never danced so much in my LIFE, the entire wedding was on the dance floor the whole night. It was hit after hit, he was reading the vibes of the crowd throwing out a versatile mix of music all night long. He was getting the crowd hyped up, doing shout outs for me and my husband, it was an INCREDIBLE party! Everyone I spoke to commented on how awesome the DJ and music were, asking me for his information and singing his praises even for days after the wedding. If I could give 100 stars I would, I recommend DJ Manolo all day every day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Nicole P

We booked with DJ Tony for our wedding this past September along with ECF entertainment/Soul Estate and we were beyond happy with them!!! All night long our dance floor was packed and they were so easy to work with!! Super responsive to any emails/questions I had and their... Read More online forum was easy to use. I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work and making our night so special!! DJ Tony even went above and beyond and made a custom mash up of songs for my father daughter dance. It was so amazing and I am so thankful to him for doing this!! Book them now you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Meghan F

My wife and I are so incredibly happy with E.C.F. Entertainment! Everything about them was fantastic! We ended up booking one of the owners, Jeff Mader (DJ Shyne) and we couldn't have been happier. He was so easy to work with and was incredibly helpful, responsive, and... Read More accommodating. He was always willing to work with us to schedule Skype meetings that worked best for us and they were always productive and efficient; no time wasted at all! My wife and I often found ourselves asking for his opinion on just about everything and he always clearly laid out our options and which ones he felt would align the best with our vision for the big day. Their website's client portal was great, too! So easy to follow and asked all the right questions to help them build the perfect playlists for each aspect of the day. These guys really know what their doing. They played all the right music at all the right times and the dance floor was NEVER empty from the time it opened until the end of the reception! We would recommend these guys to anyone. If you're even remotely considering E.C.F., just do it, you won't regret it! :D

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 kelly b

We cant say enough about how awesome DJ Shyne with ECF Entertainment was! We picked him from the internet which is scary enough after hearing some people's dj horror stories, but after our first interview with him, we were 100% confident that he was the one! We really liked... Read More that his full time job is being a DJ and because of that, he was completely devoted to making our wedding amazing! He was unbelievably organized and kept us on schedule. He asked us about planning things we had not thought of! The music was on point! He kept the party going and people dancing alllll night ! He stuck to exactly what we wanted and equally important what we did not want! My soon to be father in law requested song to be played that was on our Do Not Play list and he didn't cave! My soon to be brother in law tried to change up our last song of the night and he didnt let that happen either. He was ALWAYS available for anything we needed and we always felt important to him! Seriously, you will not be disappointed with DJ Shyne!! Thank you so much for making our night so awesome! People still talk about how fun our party was!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Meaghan P

DJ Shyne was absolutely amazing to work with. From the beginning we knew we had picked the right person. Our coordinators even commented how excellent he was to work with from their end and will definitely be recommending him in the future to other couples. He was super... Read More organized and on top of every detail. The music was perfect for each moment. He kept people on the dance floor all night and knew when to play certain songs based on the crowd. He was so professional and was a perfect MC. You can tell he has done this 100 times and everything was just flawless. If you need someone who is professional both on the business side of things as well as someone who has great taste in music, Jeff is your DJ! I couldn't recommend him more. Thank you Jeff for making our wedding a night to remember and keeping me dancing all night!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Brian S

DJ Shyne and ECF Entertainment were fantastic. Top-notch service all-around. DJ Shyne took the time at the beginning to have a video conference to go through in detail all of the stages of the wedding ceremony and reception. The details he anticipated were so thorough and... Read More alleviated so much stress as it helped us decide matters that we would not have even thought of, especially that early in the process. DJ Shyne then had another video conference closer to the wedding date to go through every detail. He responded to emails almost immediately throughout the whole process. Now, to the actual wedding day. He was amazing. First of all, DJ Shyne put us in touch with Divina Strings who performed as a string trio at the ceremony. They learned songs we requested and it was beautiful. Many of our guests said how great their performance was. We had a family friend as the officiant. The microphones that ECF Entertainment used were of the highest quality and everyone was able to hear our vows. Likewise, my wife and I gave a quick toast outside of our venue at the end of the cocktail hour, and the microphone was great. At the reception, DJ Shyne brought the house down. Even before the dancing started, he played a song I mentioned as part of a funny story in my toast. A lot of people got a good laugh out of it, and this is just an example of how much fun and how detail-oriented DJ Shyne is. Once the dancing started, it did not stop. I have never seen a wedding where the dance floor was as full the entire time as it was here. I truly could not believe how fun his performance was. My wife and I have friends and family that never dance, but were on the dance floor for most of the night. I cannot recommend DJ Shyne and ECF Entertainment highly enough. You will be so happy if he is your wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Allie G

DJ Manola (Unisa) did a great job keeping the bride and groom informed and making sure we were on the same page about everything. He was well prepared for the event and flexible with any last minute changes we needed to make. Highly recommended.

Jeffrey Mader (DJ Shyne)

For Jeff, music has always been his passion, one that needed to be explored on a professional level, something beyond a mere hobby. At the age of 14, Jeff pursued a career in the entertainment business. With little music theory training, DJ & Entertainment services seemed to be the best outlet to cultivate his passion. Being a fan of a variety of musical flavors, Jeff felt well equipped to take on the responsibility that came with hosting upscale, formal events. Today, with over 1,000 wedding receptions performed, there is nobody better equipped to help you create unforgettable memories!