Dietary Options

Dairy Free

Cakes + Desserts

51 Spring St, Naugatuck, CT (203) 632-9820

Reviewed on 3/21/2018 Stacy M

I have had the complete opposite experience from the negative reviews posted on here and I have to think that they must be thinking of a different bakery. From the moment I walked in, both the owner Ed and his staff were welcoming and friendly. I gave a description of what I... Read More was thinking for my wedding cake and he drew up what I had envisioned in my head. I then scheduled a tasting and originally told him it would be my fiancée and myself, but then I ended up bringing my MoH, her husband, and both of my grandparents. Ed was very accommodating and happy to do so. We tried the initial cakes we were thinking about, and then he offered even more flavors including different fillings and toppings! The cake and other flavors were delicious. I have had to contact them numerous times for different changes, and each time I called it was a successful conversation. I am extremely happy with my decision to hire this baker for my wedding cake.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

Buyer Beware! Edible Dreams has not been licensed by the local or state health departments since 2013. Any products made or sold by this business are not covered by any health department or town regulations. The company has been told to cease and desist several times yet... Read More continues to operate. There are many legitimate bakeries in the greater Waterbury area that have all of the local and state permits, licenses and are inspected by the appropriate agencies. These bakeries are also insured for your protection as well. You can call the Naugatuck Valley Health District at 203-881-3255 and the State of Ct Consumer Protection Department at 860-713-6172 to verify if a bakery is licensed or not. Buyer Beware!

Buyer Beware!!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014

Buyer Beware!! First of all the address listed on google is now a pizza shop. There is a reason why his shop is not open anymore and he is working from home. My fiancé spoke with him about a wedding cake and setup an apt for a tasting. He knew we were coming from 2.5 hours... Read More away but never picked up his phone when we arrived for the tasting. I finally got a call back an hour later and the owner said he was stuck in traffic and wanted to meet me at quizno's. We then asked about the tasting and he acted like we misunderstood the point of the meeting when in reality my fiancé spoke with him at length the type of cakes she wanted to taste.. He was completely unapologetic and completely unprofessional. Is this a guy you want to trust with your wedding cake or any other important event? He is obviously not organized and unprofessional and why his shop is not longer open.

Call early

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Casey L

I was using Elegant Cakes which is part of Edible Dreams for my wedding cake and wanted to order a groom's cake for my rehearsal. I knew the quality of the cake was incredible from samples I had in the bakery and that Ed designs cakes to rival the Cake Bosses on TLC. After... Read More emailing several times, I tried to call Edible Dreams and left multiple messages for them to call me back. I live too far from the bakery to just stop by to order a cake. As the weeks flew by until my wedding, I still hadn't heard from them so I ended up going with a different bakery. I was very disappointed in the lack of communication at the bakery. They finally called me back the week before and when I said I had already ordered my cake elsewhere I was basically hung up on. There is also a lack of communication between Edible Dreams and Elegant Cakes, despite being in the same room. I was supposed to sample wedding cake flavors and made the drive up and they were not ready for us. They then dropped the ball again and didn't bring samples to the final meeting. I would have really liked to have used them but lack of communications made it difficult.

Just what I wanted!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Catrina L

Ed at edible dreams did an amazing job with my wedding cake! We needed a cake pretty last minute, so I did not have a chance to go in for a tasting, but instead emailed Ed a picture of a cake that I saw and liked, as well as what colors and a few changes to the picture. I could... Read More not have been happier with the result! He made just what I wanted after only two emails! It could not have been easier and I had the most beautiful and delicious cake!

Stay Away

Reviewed on 10/03/2011 Kimberly W

Edible Dreams Cakes provided a cake as a part of our venue package. I was really excited because I had heard SO MANY great things. We were showed different pictures of cakes and our coordinator raved about the cake (she is using them for her own wedding). When I went to meet... Read More with Ed (the owner) for our consult, to pick out the flavor, style, ect. he was no where to be found. The girls working there were really sweet and sat us down and gave us a book to browse through while we waited for him to come. A half hour after our appointment time the girl working told us he was at the DMV and would miss our appointment. Please explain why you would go to the DMV before an appointment? On top of that, the sweet girl had never done a consult before. We picked the cake and left VERY frustrated. If the cake wasn't included in my package I would have left and went elsewhere. I should also warn you that Edible Dreams DOES NOT pick up their phone. They are an "email only" type business. This was frustrating because they NEVER answered my emails! I emailed to ask about the cake topper. I wanted to bring in my own and wasn't sure what size to get. I emailed and emailed and called and never got any responses. I finally contacted my coordinator at our venue and she reached him on first try. He emailed me back after that without any sort of apology and a one sentance answer. I was fuming. My dropped off the cake topper and ribbon (to run around the layers) and Ed had no idea what cake she was talking about. He couldn't find the form we had filled out at the consult with the girl on that first day. He ended up eventually finding it. While he cake was delicious - didn't really look like I thought - but tasted great. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Janice G

This baker was on point. Every one commented on how good the cake was. They also give you a free cake on your anniversary so you don't have the eat a year old cake. It looked gorgeous.The owner is a stand up guy and very nice. Awesome cake.

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 Kristi W

I hired Edible Dreams to make a surprise groom's cake for my wedding. My husband is obsessed with Batman so I wanted a 3D cake that looked like the Batmobile. The cake came out AWESOME. My husband and the guests all loved it, and it was delicious. It was a little bit on the... Read More pricey side, but for us, it was worth it.

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Tina M

THIS PLACE WAS AWEFUL!!!!! DONOT GO HERE!!!! They never delivered my cake!!!! My mom went to see them the next day and the owner never came out!!!! She had to deal with a clerk while he stood in where she could see him and he could here her. They said they accidently put in it... Read More for Saturday instead of Friday. How is that possible? You make wedding cakes for a living, you don't screw that up!!!! We were supposed to get a free anniversary cake vut when they gave us our money back they took it away. So my mom got mad. Rightfully so. You forgot to make my cake, I should get more free than that!!!!!!!